PDA

View Full Version : Who has it worst then the Toronto Raptors?

latinofire21
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
I am still not sold on the Nets superteam actually happening, but if it actually happens does this put the Toronto Raptors in the worst position in the league?

Knicks
76ers
Nets
Boston

all much better teams then them. If Boston gets some pieces for their big 3 they may or may not be as good as toronto but I still feel with Rivers regardless of who they net from trading their corner stones they will remain somewhat competitive.

How many years until the raptors win the division? How many years until the Raptors make the playoffs? Is there any other team in a worse position right now moving forward then Toronto?

I can easily see them not winning the division and being trampled on by the division for a good 5 - 6 years at this point. Playoffs might be out of the question for at least a decade if all the divisional teams keep getting stronger.

I dont think the Bobcats and Hornets are in as bad a situation although it can be debated. Who do you think has the worst situation moving forward?

gwrighter
02-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Attack thread much?

No, Raps aren't in the worst position in the league. Raps have a top 5 pick on the way with potentially another 1 in this years stacked draft. Then we have Bargnani who's coming into his own and arguably was playing at an AS level before he went down to injury. Our C coming in next season was voted the Best player outside of the NBA by the NBA GMs. & Derozan although appearing to be struggling has picked it up within the last month so Raps are going to be alright.

The answer is obviously Charlotte.

beasted86
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Bait thread by the OP.

Bobcats have one of the worst teams in the league... play in a division with the HEAT, Magic, and Hawks... and gave away one of their 1st round picks to the Bulls. Not to mention they have an owner who knows nothing about drafting.

Jamiecballer
02-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Bobcats. I will admit to being a Raptors fans. If i was a Bobcats fan i wouldn't.

Slimsim
02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Probably top 3

Bobcats
Raptors
Washington

latinofire21
02-20-2012, 12:53 PM
edit - internet crashed double posts.

heyman321
The Raptors are in a lot better shape than Detroit, Charlotte, Washington, and the Hornets. Bargnani is actually a borderline allstar and if Valanciunas who's been killing it in the euros (named best 19 under played in Europe)becomes a good center, and we can draft a good PG or SF in the upcoming draft, we'll be competing for the 8th spot within 2-3 years.

heyman321
The Raptors are in a lot better shape than Detroit, Charlotte, Washington, and the Hornets. Bargnani is actually a borderline allstar and if Valanciunas who's been killing it in the euros (named best 19 under played in Europe)becomes a good center, and we can draft a good PG or SF in the upcoming draft, we'll be competing for the 8th spot within 2-3 years.

latinofire21
Bait thread by the OP.

Bobcats have one of the worst teams in the league... play in a division with the HEAT, Magic, and Hawks... and gave away one of their 1st round picks to the Bulls. Not to mention they have an owner who knows nothing about drafting.

You really think the Magic are going to be good if they lose Dwight Howard? I guess it comes down to the pieces they get back for Dwight but I think the Bobcats messed themselves up more then the division messing them up like the Raptors.

I dont think the Raptors made any bad moves other then the Hedo signing its just the markets their up against attract big names. Its going to be rough if the superteam is formed in brooklyn for them.

Sadds The Gr8
02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
this guy is more obsessed with the Raptors than his own team. troll thread.

latinofire21
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Bait thread by the OP.

This isnt a bait thread first of all. The situation is clearly there to discuss. If the magic lose Dwight Howard they arent going to be all that good anymore. Still better then Bobcats? yes but will they steamroll them? highly unlikely. It really depends on who they get for Dwight howard. I think the Bobcats are a misfortune due to their management and not their division where as the Raptors havent really made any bad moves other then letting Bosh go for nothing and signing Hedo. I think its more a reason that they play in a division with a lot of big market teams and they cant keep up with the attracting of marquee players.

I still think the Atlantic division is stronger then the South East division because at least there is 2 crappy teams in that division. There would only be 1 left in the Atlantic. Well maybe 2 depending on what the Celtics do moving forward.

I guess it comes down to what the Magic get and what the Celtics do moving forward to decide who has the worst situation between the Raptors and the Bobcats.

latinofire21
02-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Probably top 3

Bobcats
Raptors
Washington

Bobcats and Washington are in the same division so does that make Toronto the favorite since they stand alone in their division? At least washington and Bobcats can pick up a couple games against each other.

Jay_Dub
02-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Aren't you the same guy who created a thread about how the Raptors should fold?

Their division is not that tough right now. Boston is on the way down. The Sixers are pretty good but by no means amazing. The Knicks are hot of late but have been crap most of the year, and one rumor does not mean there will be a Nets super team. I read last week that Dwill was guaranteed to go to Dallas. Does that mean that he will? Of course not. This is all very hypothetical.

The Raptors obviously have more promise from a talent perspective than some of the mentioned teams, so if them playing in a tough division is the extent of your argument, then it just doesn't cut it.

Jay_Dub
02-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Bobcats and Washington are in the same division so does that make Toronto the favorite since they stand alone in their division? At least washington and Bobcats can pick up a couple games against each other.

You do realize that you don't only play teams in your division right?

Corey
02-20-2012, 01:14 PM
You already made a 'Diagnose the Raptors' thread that got closed. This is unnecessary, and it's already rubbing Raptor fans the wrong way.