PDA

View Full Version : Report: Raymond Felton doesn't like playing for Nate McMillan; May seek trade

Fresno
02-20-2012, 02:38 AM
For the Portland Trail Blazers' point guard Raymond Felton, he says he's reached a point he's never been at as a professional athlete and playing for someone who doesn't have confidence in him, is very frustrating.

“I know I'm struggling, but it's hard to perform the way you know how when you know they don't have confidence in you,” Felton told CSNNW.com. “Never in my days playing basketball, have I felt like a coach wasn't confident in my abilities. It's hard to play knowing that.

"Coming in and out of games is throwing my rhythm off, but it's something that I'll get through."

He said that game was difficult on so many levels and he had to reach out to somebody he trusted.

“Tonight was one of those nights where it was hard to get into the game knowing every mistake I made would be magnified,” Felton said. “It's to the point where the only person I could turn to was my mom.

“She knows how I feel and how much I'm trying to turn this thing around and she just helps me put things in perspective.”

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingblazers?Felton-frustrated-with-lack-of-confidenc=1&blockID=652842&feedID=5212

Raps18-19 Champ
02-20-2012, 02:43 AM
Raptors offer Jose Calderon and Leandro Barbosa for Wesley Matthews and Raymond Felton.

iggypop123
02-20-2012, 02:43 AM
he's fat and jacking up shots and not doing it well. with that said i would cry if the lakers somehow got him to replace fisher. yup im being serious too.

NoahH
02-20-2012, 02:46 AM
Yup. Felton is overweight and not playing into the Blazers style. Trade him now.

Fresno
02-20-2012, 02:47 AM
he's fat and jacking up shots and not doing it well. with that said i would cry if the lakers somehow got him to replace fisher. yup im being serious too.

Lakers would probably have to give up both late 2012 1st Rounders to get it done since Portland doesn't really need anything the Lakers have.

Portland would get a $7 Million TPE back that they could use for someone like Ramon Sessions or Luke Ridnour(pretty sure Nate coached him in Seattle).

Hellcrooner
02-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Let the Felton+ x and x and x picks for Pau Gasol rumour begin.

shep33
02-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Let the Felton+ x and x and x picks for Pau Gasol rumour begin.

Felton as the main piece for Gasol will not happen lol

seikou8
02-20-2012, 02:49 AM
boooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo i am felton i am paided millions of dollars to play basketball i cant play well because my coach is not give me playing time even tho i am starting, i knew this guy was a mike d inflated stat guy. hey felton dont blame anyone but your self. confidence doesnt come from your coach. it comes ffrom you maybe if you wre playing well you would get more pt.

Sadds The Gr8
02-20-2012, 02:51 AM
he started off pretty well...wtf happened...

Fresno
02-20-2012, 02:53 AM
boooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo i am felton i am paided millions of dollars to play basketball i cant play well because my coach is not give me playing time even tho i am starting, i knew this guy was a mike d inflated stat guy. hey felton dont blame anyone but your self. confidence doesnt come from your coach. it comes ffrom you maybe if you wre playing well you would get more pt.

This is a very legit argument about D'Antoni's system and PG's.

For a 2 month stretch he was probably the 3rd best PG in the Eastern Conference behind Rose & Rondo putting up All Star caliber numbers in NY.

He goes to Denver and his role diminshes and numbers slip and he eventually asks out of there and ends up in Portland and now his numbers have slipped further.

You probably could put him back in NY's lineup and he'd go for 18/8.

Young2Kinsler
02-20-2012, 02:54 AM
I knew I dropped him this week in fantasy for a reason. The guy is playing terrible.

justjames
02-20-2012, 02:56 AM
Pau and Metta for Felton, Wallace, Wes Matthews and pick(s)

OaklandsFinest
02-20-2012, 03:09 AM
I don't think D'antoni inflated Felton's stats, he played well in Denver, and was solid in Charlotte. Conditioning is an issue with him, but I do think he is a good legit point in this league. Go Heels.

ElFuturoDeESPN
02-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Lin>felton just saying

What the **** does Lin have to do with this? GTFO outta here with that garbage.

Willing to bet Felton's just feeling pressured because there are three other offensive options Portland uses over him. He's being underutilized and he's starting to get butthurt because of it.

Crackadalic
02-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Trade him to the lakers

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Felton to the lakers in a last attempt to make LA a contender again

GiantsSwaGG
02-20-2012, 03:57 AM
He's a fat *****! Stay with ya moms *****!

Chronz
02-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Why do stop many PG struggle under Nate?

kozelkid
02-20-2012, 04:11 AM

Because his teams plays at the pace of a snail. Although I assume it's rhetorical.

Can't blame Felton. I'd like to see Sacramento go after him and put Evans in the off guard.

Tmath
02-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Because his teams plays at the pace of a snail. Although I assume it's rhetorical.

Can't blame Felton. I'd like to see Sacramento go after him and put Evans in the off guard.

Calderon would thrive in his system then.

R.Felton, W.Mathews & 1st rd pick

for

J.Calderon, E.Davis & 2nd rd pick

THE GIPPER
02-20-2012, 04:23 AM
back to denver for andre again!

gotoHcarolina52
02-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Just another overrated UNC turd. But hey, at least he's not as big a waste as this (http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/may-fat.jpg) fat piece of ****

meloman1592
02-20-2012, 04:45 AM
he'll take a pay cut and take his talents to south beach...duh

Hellcrooner
02-20-2012, 04:48 AM

for

I dont want Calderon anywhere near NATE MCMILLAN.

Anyway, i really wonder waht the **** happens with nate and Pg..... since he is there he has wsated, blake, rodriguez, bayless, miller, green, Felton, i mean wtf.....its imposible that at least one of then wasnt the right one.....

Chronz
02-20-2012, 04:48 AM

He didn't play this badly under Brown, hell even Rookie Felton was prolly better.

Last year it was Dre who was complaining iirc

KingPosey
02-20-2012, 05:56 AM
Felton sucks dick, He had a nice one month to start the season with the Knicks last year, and that was it.

Bruno
02-20-2012, 06:07 AM
LAL should offer the Odom T.E.!

his salary is under the T.E. in value, and he will be an unrestricted FA after the season. literally zero risk for LAL!

Trueblue2
02-20-2012, 06:38 AM
^^ They'd ask for a first and personally I'd rather use the draft picks to draft players for once.

Bulls_fan90
02-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Raptors offer Jose Calderon and Leandro Barbosa for Wesley Matthews and Raymond Felton.

Blazers laugh at Raptors and hang up phone.

Lin>felton just saying

This is what would happen to Lin if he was traded. Product of the Knicks. Much like Felton was.

WeaponXXX
02-20-2012, 10:20 AM

I like this one.

king4day
02-20-2012, 10:22 AM
I'll take him in a deal involving Nash.

WeaponXXX
02-20-2012, 10:22 AM

for

This one is good too. I like this one better

kozelkid
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I dont want Calderon anywhere near NATE MCMILLAN.

Anyway, i really wonder waht the **** happens with nate and Pg..... since he is there he has wsated, blake, rodriguez, bayless, miller, green, Felton, i mean wtf.....its imposible that at least one of then wasnt the right one.....

Blake was actually one of the pg's who did well under McMillan.

He didn't play this badly under Brown, hell even Rookie Felton was prolly better.

Last year it was Dre who was complaining iirc

It's also a small sample size and if Felton has become out of shape due to the lockout, that would also explain some things.

strahan92osi72
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Three weeks ago this would be screaming New York Knicks. I can see him either Miami or Laker bound now.

ManningToTyree
02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Felton couldn't be a worse fit for the Blazers. He is at his best when he is on a team that runs. He played like an all-star for 3 months with the knicks before the Melo deal.

mjokc
02-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Felton couldn't be a worse fit for the Blazers. He is at his best when he is on a team that runs. He played like an all-star for 3 months with the knicks before the Melo deal.

I wouldn't mind felton running our backup unit.

ManningToTyree
02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't mind felton running our backup unit.

OKC would be a good fit. What do they have to deal?

shen
02-20-2012, 02:32 PM
This has already been resolved. This happened before the Hawks game and Nate met with Felton. They talked and Felton got over it. Then he went out and has his best game of the year in Blazers 20 point win over the Hawks.

for the record we are actually far more of a running team this year. Not even close to resembling the slow snail teams of years past.

Personally I can't stand Felton and hated the trade for him. However if he keeps playing like he did in the Hawks game then he's going no where.

utl768
02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
he will figure it out

farren.louis
02-20-2012, 02:39 PM

:facepalm: Lol man you obviously never played a sport a day in your life a coaches confidence in you can go a loooooong way hmmmm... look at Lin as an example

shen
02-20-2012, 02:45 PM
This season Blazers are ranked 11th for pace. Last year we were close to last if not last for a few years.

mjokc
02-20-2012, 03:29 PM
OKC would be a good fit. What do they have to deal?

I think we'd offer something like Reggie Jackson, 2013 first round pick and maybe some cash? We really don't have much to offer now, especially since the injury bug hit us.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Dallas would be an ideal place for him. West is out for a month and Kidd could rest. It's tough though because with playing time and Kidd so close to retirement, Roddy might be too much to give up for Felton who would probably just be a rental.

KingPosey
02-22-2012, 03:06 AM

No, he played like an all star for about 6 weeks with the Knicks, and then shot horribly the rest of the time, but kept his #s up on volume shooting.

THE MTL
02-22-2012, 04:35 AM
Felton misses Denver. He came off the bench but still played almost 30 minutes per game....but ultimately Felton misses NYC.