PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry Says Lin is a Product Of D'Antoni's system

metswon69
02-20-2012, 01:30 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/02/jason-terry-says-jeremy-lin-is-just-a-product-of-mike-dantonis-system/

Hey look i would be the first one to admit that D'antoni's point guard and ball movement heavy system definitely inflates a guys stats but "95% percent" of the reason he is a great player is D'Antoni...

Really Jason?

Then why didn't Chris Duhon or Nate Robinson play this well?

Dade County
02-20-2012, 01:38 AM
haters ... smh

THE MTL
02-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Why you mad though?

Avenged
02-20-2012, 01:41 AM
He's mad. Terry always has something to say.

Raph12
02-20-2012, 01:42 AM
I said it from the beginning, they just needed a good PG to be successful, now if they can acclimate with Melo in the lineup, they'll be a scary team in the playoffs...

dhopisthename
02-20-2012, 01:43 AM
you have to have talent regardless of the system you are in. does his system help sure, but it can't be 95% of it

Phenomenonsense
02-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Lin's turnovers are way too high at the moment, and it makes me wonder if taking out young players because of turnovers might be a bad thing. Letting Lin off of the leash like D'antoni has has made him intriguing. Regardless, Lin is playing mostly very well and is winning. Good player. Too bad other teams didn't give him a chance.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-20-2012, 01:44 AM
It's true to a certain extent.

Every player has a system they thrive in and do better.

But Lin is a solid player if he'd been given the chance anywhere else.

John Walls Era
02-20-2012, 01:44 AM
Hes right, but you also have to remember Dantoni was in the hot seat 2 weeks ago. Funny how out of so many PGs, only Nash and Felton has had success. So maybe its the system, but at the same time... you can't suck and avg 20+ and 9 in Antoni's system.

DoMeFavors
02-20-2012, 01:46 AM
I agree 100 percent with Terry

judsonzhao
02-20-2012, 01:47 AM
If what I remember is right,
Lin got a flagrant from him, made an offensive foul on him
stole the ball and dunked hard in 3rd

Someone gets pissed off wont say something meaningful..

btw, all other NY guards maybe should feel shameful?

John Walls Era
02-20-2012, 01:47 AM
I actually just read it... it was BEFORE the game. I wonder how Terry feels now. Dallas did have the best FG% defense leading up to this game (according to ESPN, I don't actually know if this is true).

Hawkeye15
02-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Terry's statement has some merit, but its not as if every PG Mike D has had panned out. It takes a specific skillset for Mike's offense from the PG position, and Lin has it. I doubt he continues these crazy numbers, but he seems to be their PG going forward, and is earning his teams trust more by the day.

J4KOP99
02-20-2012, 01:51 AM
If this was the case, then someone else would be making the big plays and Lin would just reap the benefits... that's not what's going on though.

I'm not a Knicks fan, but living in NYC I've seen every game of his ... Lin has made big play after big play after big play. That is not the system, that is the player. Does the system help? Of course... but 95%. C'mon Terry, your a grown man. Shut up and pay him at least a little respect. He dominated your team down the stretch of yesterdays game.

D'antoni's system gives a lot of responsibility to the PG but the PG still has to go out there and play.

metswon69
02-20-2012, 01:53 AM
D'antoni's system gives a lot of responsibility to the PG but the PG still has to go out there and play.

Exactly...

Young2Kinsler
02-20-2012, 01:55 AM
It's true to an extent, but Terry needs to shut his mouth. Make a big shot at the end of that game, then talk. Until then, play your *** off and shut up.

Lin is clearly a talented guy, and would be successful other places. As successful? Who Knows?

judsonzhao
02-20-2012, 01:55 AM
And in his 13rd year, have he ever seen a player gets a lowest salary, just come from then bench and the doing like a ALL-STAR for 9 games, including 38 over lakers, a almost buzzer-bit game winner.

Maybe Gil?

TOs seem to be the only thing people can criticize on Lin, but you should figure out that he plays too much, no SG/SF have ability to attack, he is forced to do many tough penetration.

And have you noticed the 2 mins he left the court how knicks played..?

High TOs oftern comes from a TOs peak during a short time, this is something about experience i think. and after melo is back, its desirable he could control his to at about 3, for last 10 matches of the regular season.

oak2455
02-20-2012, 01:57 AM

of course you do, you still think the Nets are good team with 9 wins, but going back to the topic.......Lin is solid PG.. end of Story Terry .....she's mad:(

:clap::clap::clap::clap:!!!

J4KOP99
02-20-2012, 01:57 AM
And in his 13rd year, have he ever seen a player gets a lowest salary, just come from then bench and the doing like a ALL-STAR for 9 games, including 38 over lakers, a almost buzzer-bit game winner.

Maybe Gil?

TOs seem to be the only thing people can criticize on Lin, but you should figure out that he plays too much, no SG/SF have ability to attack, he is forced to do many tough penetration.

High TOs oftern comes from a TOs peak during a short time, this is something about experience i think. and after melo is back, its desirable he could control his to at about 3, for last 10 matches of the regular season.

Crooner, you didn't tell us you had a son?

Lakers + Giants
02-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Terry's just mad that Lin is already better than him.

Corey
02-20-2012, 02:02 AM
Sour grapes from the Jet.

If the Mavericks won, I'm sure he'd have nothing but nice things to say.

KnicksorBust
02-20-2012, 02:02 AM
Why is Terry even commentating on this? He's insecure. Anyway, if I made an arbitrary percentage I'd say that Mike D'Antoni's system is currently 50% the reason why Jeremy Lin is succeeding. Nash went from good to an MVP, Duhon went from trash to good, and Felton went from average to very good. It's clear the guy creates an environment for quick P&R point guards to thrive. However, ask Toney Douglas and Iman Shumpert how easy it is to step in and be a monster stat machine. Lin is earning his stats and his turnovers are a testament to how hard it is to become the man overnight. He's proved to me that he can handle it and the system is perfect for him.

Will 2 BE
02-20-2012, 02:03 AM

here we go :facepalm:

The system only works if the point gaurd has the talent. Otherwise the Knicks would still have Tony Douglas or Bibby out there.

If Lin was doing this on the Nets you would be saying he's a top 3 PG

Bulls_fan90
02-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Why you mad though?

Why would he be mad?

He just won a ring. Something the Knicks haven't done in how many years?

FOBolous
02-20-2012, 02:06 AM
“Again, it is what it is. He’ll have to maintain this pace. It’s going to be tough. Ask anybody: Give them an opportunity, ball in their hands, 20-plus shots and you better do something.”

I disagree. Yes if you give someone 20-plus shots a game and they're going to put up a lot of points, but what differentiatse a average player and a good player is this: field goal % and efficiency. An average player can put up points, but their FG% and efficiency will inevitably drop. That's where the term "volume shooters" come from, and volume shooters are detrimental to the team. Good players like Lin can score a lot of points with a high FG% and efficiency.

And I really disagree with the idea that anyone can do what Lin is doing right now in D'Antoni's system. Without the talent, the system doesn't matter. Why is Tony Douglas at the end of the bench right now? Why isn't Bibby getting playing time? Why did Shumpert struggle when he played the point? Why does New York's offense comes to a screeching halt as soon as Lin goes to the bench and another player plays the point? There's a reason why Lin is playing 40 plus minutes a game, and it's not the "system."

if I was Lin and Terry said that to me...i would turn around and say to him..."you mad bro?"

Young2Kinsler
02-20-2012, 02:06 AM
Sour grapes from the Jet.

If the Mavericks won, I'm sure he'd have nothing but nice things to say.

This was said before the game I believe...so rethink that.

oak2455
02-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Why would he be mad?

Ok but Terry is still a girl..... Waaaaaah

Hellcrooner
02-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Not completely right, not completely wrong.

seikou8
02-20-2012, 02:22 AM
[QUOTE=Bulls_fan90;21028536]Wow. A little sensitive aren't we? Not trolling the Knicks, just don't understand why Jason Terry would be mad. Care to explain why "he mad"?

he is mad he just lost the knicks and he is fustrated and tired of jeremy lin.

Bulls_fan90
02-20-2012, 02:27 AM
This was said before the game I believe...so rethink that.

he is mad he just lost the knicks and he is fustrated and tired of jeremy lin.

;) I'm not a fan of either team but the Mavericks fan claims he said it before the game. Try again.

justjames
02-20-2012, 02:32 AM
If great point guard play is a result of D'antoni's system, why is Toney Douglas trash?

NYtilIdie
02-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Why would he be mad?

Yeah, because the Bulls have been racking up the rings after that Jordan guy retired, right? :rolleyes:

thedfactor
02-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Terry's not mad anymore, he got his ring.

Baller1
02-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Baller101200 says Jason Terry is a product of being in Dirk's shadow.

God I can't stand him.

Bulls_fan90
02-20-2012, 02:37 AM
Yeah, because the Bulls have been racking up the rings after that Jordan guy retired, right? :rolleyes:

What does this have to do with Chicago? We are talking about Jason Terry and the Knicks/Jeremy Lin.

But to answer your question.

1998 or 1973?

6 rings or 2?

I'm not complaining. I've been blessed as a Bulls fan.

John Walls Era
02-20-2012, 02:38 AM
This happened before the game. All of you can calm down now. If it makes you feel better: Kidd says he likes Lins game.

seikou8
02-20-2012, 02:42 AM
What does this have to do with Chicago? We are talking about Jason Terry and the Knicks/Jeremy Lin.

But to answer your question.

1998 or 1973?

6 rings or 2?

I'm not complaining. I've been blessed as a Bulls fan.

you want a cookie jason terry is mad because there the defending world champs and he getting more coverage then they did when they won .

2-0-Niner
02-20-2012, 03:05 AM
Haters are always going to Hate. I'm a Kings fan as much as I dislike the Lakers, I gotta admit Kobe has many haters, TOO MANY. If turned the ball over and caused a loss the tabloids would say, Is Kobe still clutch? Despite winning how ever many rings! Lin is getting it done, They found a Scorer at the 1, and the chemistry is high. He's good with the surrounding cast he has. Two Big men he can Lob the Ball to, Good at the Pick and Roll, Dribble stop and Shoot. Slash, He isn't fast but he's dangerous. I believe Lin is the real deal. Too early to tell? Maybe, but teams have yet to slow him down.

GIANTKNICK
02-20-2012, 03:05 AM

Maybe Gil?

What?

2-0-Niner
02-20-2012, 03:08 AM
Terry's not mad anymore, he got his ring.

Nah, I think terry's mad cause He needed Dirk, Tyson and Kidd to win a ring. Terry couldn't do what Lin is doing on the knicks if they traded places!

Crackadalic
02-20-2012, 03:09 AM
40% Mike's system 60% The Lin-system.

2-0-Niner
02-20-2012, 03:11 AM
What?

Let me see if I can translate

1. in the 13 years terry has played has he seen a low paid Player come out playing this well, did good against lakers and made a game winning shot lol

2. maybe kendall gil was as good? lol

3. His TO ratio is something you can criticize Lin for

4. After he came out the game, The Knicks played like poopoo?

5. With time His Turnovers will decrease, If melo was there they'd decrease more?

?????

latinofire21
02-20-2012, 03:17 AM
I whole heartedly disagree with Jason Terry. Dantoni looks for pass first point guards. Most of the point guards entering the league are combo guards. A result of scouts placing too much emphasis on scoring ability over the last decade. To find a solid PG whos a pass first point guard is what makes Dantonis system work. Thats why Marbury didnt last here. Thats why guys like Nate, Duhon, and Douglas couldnt run the system. Billups didnt even run it all that well for us but to be completely honest he only needed to run it a little bit because Melo and Amare were going nuts down that stretch.

To say Lin is a product of Dantoni is silly. I honestly hope the league believes what Terry says because I would love nothing more then another low cost deal to keep Lin so we can save the MLE to add another piece.

Keep overlooking Lin guys. I agree he is a scrub and he isnt as good as other PGs in the league.Completel dumb luck guys you dont want him on your team he will make you worse!

LTBaByyy
02-20-2012, 03:18 AM
He said this before the game, don't get yalls panties in a bunch (Knicks fans)

Remember, y'all most likely have to play Miami or Chicago in the 1st round

LTBaByyy
02-20-2012, 03:20 AM
He is right, would Lin have this production on any half court team?

No, dude is ballin but lets see what he does when Lebron or D Rose & Brewer guard him in the playoffs

2-0-Niner
02-20-2012, 03:21 AM
I whole heartedly disagree with Jason Terry. Dantoni looks for pass first point guards. Most of the point guards entering the league are combo guards. A result of scouts placing too much emphasis on scoring ability over the last decade. To find a solid PG whos a pass first point guard is what makes Dantonis system work. Thats why Marbury didnt last here. Thats why guys like Nate, Duhon, and Douglas couldnt run the system. Billups didnt even run it all that well for us but to be completely honest he only needed to run it a little bit because Melo and Amare were going nuts down that stretch.

To say Lin is a product of Dantoni is silly. I honestly hope the league believes what Terry says because I would love nothing more then another low cost deal to keep Lin so we can save the MLE to add another piece.

Keep overlooking Lin guys. I agree he is a scrub and he isnt as good as other PGs in the league.Completel dumb luck guys you dont want him on your team he will make you worse!

As a Kings fan I would love Lin on the Kings. But it would have to be at the expense of thorton, which would be hard to part with. All the hate is crazy

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2012, 03:23 AM
i read he said it after the game, Doesnt matter its a bit classless if he said it after, If it was before then its whatever, all i know is terry couldnt stay in front of him, Lin is helped by playing in mikes system because it is exactly his game. He is very talented, Terry couldnt hit the open 3 to tie the game and saw lin destroy every defender that was thrown at him including him, Knicks got the win its really not much of a story

Crackadalic
02-20-2012, 03:27 AM

No, dude is ballin but lets see what he does when Lebron or D Rose & Brewer guard him in the playoffs

Lin is the least of there problems. They better worry about guarding Steve "Discount Double Check" Novak

Shareeb_omac2
02-20-2012, 03:28 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/02/jason-terry-says-jeremy-lin-is-just-a-product-of-mike-dantonis-system/

Hey look i would be the first one to admit that D'antoni's point guard and ball movement heavy system definitely inflates a guys stats but "95% percent" of the reason he is a great player is D'Antoni...

Really Jason?

Chris Duhon, Nate Robinson, and Raymond Felton all had career years under Mike D'Antoni... haha.

The point you were trying to make actually proved you wrong.

sunsfan88
02-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Being a Suns fan and having watched the D'Antoni system work in PHX, I can tell you that Terry is partly right and partly wrong.

Yes in our system PGs almost ALWAYS handle the ball so of course they are going to get assists and points but the PG has to be a good decision maker or else they will just stall the offense and it will be really ugly aka when Bibby was the PG for the Knicks.

Lin is still good regardless but yes maybe he wouldnt be having as good stats if he played elsewhere.

Evolution23
02-20-2012, 03:32 AM
you have to have talent regardless of the system you are in. does his system help sure, but it can't be 95% of it

This

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2012, 03:33 AM

how could you say that? what proof do you have he wouldnt have sucess in the halfcourt, Good lebron can guard him because we already know he cant guard melo, Lets see how rose guards him, Not many can stay in front of him, Even Deron williams said its tough. We will see what happens come playoffs

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Chris Duhon, Nate Robinson, and Raymond Felton all had career years under Mike D'Antoni... haha.

duhon had a decent year, was pretty much trash, Nate was good off the bench but was never a passing pg, Felton looked good Ill give you that but the pick and roll to amare helped that, the system helps but you still need talent to do what hes doing, Also if it was 95 percent the system then how come dougulas and shump didnt have that type of sucess

seikou8
02-20-2012, 03:45 AM
He said this before the game, don't get yalls panties in a bunch (Knicks fans)

Remember, y'all most likely have to play Miami or Chicago in the 1st round

were only four games behind the number 3 seed sooooooooo its not like cant move up were on the rise we will the number 7 seed after tommorow

Nyc4You
02-20-2012, 10:44 AM

lolz

NY007
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
The type of PG that Lin is does help him but it's certainly not the reason for his success

ramz.n
02-20-2012, 11:07 AM
terry has a point..with Lin's average of 6 turnovers per game in his starting streak..he leads the league in that category over westbrook..everyone criticizes westbrook for turning the ball over to much and being selfish even though OKC is winning..as for Lin when he turns the ball over and he wins everyone loves Linsanity. No doubt he has talent but you have to give credit to D'antoni who puts up with the turnover numbers he puts up..in any other system Lin might not get the opportunity to get playing time with as many turnovers which would affect how productive he would be.

beasted86
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
duhon had a decent year, was pretty much trash, Nate was good off the bench but was never a passing pg, Felton looked good Ill give you that but the pick and roll to amare helped that, the system helps but you still need talent to do what hes doing, Also if it was 95 percent the system then how come dougulas and shump didnt have that type of sucess

It's definitely not 95%, but answering your last line, it's because those 2 guys are not PGs whatsoever. Their PG skills are down near the bottom of the league in guards.

If Chris Duhon can average 7 assists, and so can Raymond Felton with a lesser team... and then now those 2 guys have 3 of the top catch and finish players in the league (Amare, Chandler, Melo) can barely average 3 assists... that says enough about their PG skills. Both of them are shoot first SGs.

illwill83
02-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Terry just mad they got styled on and got beat. Terry PULL YOUR SKIRT DOWN STOP CRYING

Jamiecballer
02-20-2012, 11:33 AM
whether he's right or wrong it's in pretty poor taste for an NBA player to say that about another.

strahan92osi72
02-20-2012, 11:53 AM
What a clown, that's why Duhon, Douglas, and Shumpert were superstars averaging 20 and 9 right? Oops.

strahan92osi72
02-20-2012, 11:56 AM

LOL yeah they averaged 25 PPG and 9 APG right? Clowned.:rolleyes:

heyman321
02-20-2012, 12:07 PM
he's right though. Lin is a talent, but I'd say 50% of his success is part of the D'Antoni system. That's not a knock on him, cause it's true. It happened to Nash. Nash went from low-tier allstar to clear cut MVP superstar under D'Anotni. Lin even said it himself.

It didn't happen to Duhon, Robinson, and Douglas cause Duhon just sucks and sucks in every system, and Nate and Douglas are not point guards.

Dark Donnie
02-20-2012, 12:12 PM
^^I'd agree with that

strahan92osi72
02-20-2012, 12:12 PM
he's right though. Lin is a talent, but I'd say 50% of his success is part of the D'Antoni system. That's not a knock on him, cause it's true. It happened to Nash. Nash went from low-tier allstar to clear cut MVP superstar under D'Anotni. Lin even said it himself.

It didn't happen to Duhon, Robinson, and Douglas cause Duhon just sucks and sucks in every system, and Nate and Douglas are not point guards.

I have no problem with this, but to completely be little Lin is foolish on Terry's part. Lin has a lot of talent that has finally been unlocked, but a lot more than 5% of it is Lin's talent.

AntiG
02-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Duhon, Douglas, Shumpert, Robinson, Bibby all tried. Only Lin and Nash have been successes in D'Antoni's system. Yes, his system does inflate the stats a little bit. But bottom line, you still need to be a world-class talent in order to put up top flight numbers in it.

D2theJ
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Look at Felton now...

Hitman21
02-20-2012, 12:29 PM
The amount of haters and nay sayers is amazing. Why dont people just sit back and enjoy what this kid is doing as opposed to trying to pick this kid apart. Hes playing lights out, so just appreciatte what hes doing. To all the haters on here..if lin was doing this for your team, you would be all over his bawsak. Dont let your blind hate for the knicks keep you from enjoying this kids performance. Stories like this dont happen very often..so enjoy it while you can.

Beltrans Mole
02-20-2012, 12:32 PM
The amount of haters and nay sayers is amazing. Why dont people just sit back and enjoy what this kid is doing as opposed to trying to pick this kid apart. Hes playing lights out, so just appreciatte what hes doing. To all the haters on here..if lin was doing this for your team, you would be all over his bawsak. Dont let your blind hate for the knicks keep you from enjoying this kids performance. Stories like this dont happen very often..so enjoy it while you can.

This is PSD lol. People can't "sit back and enjoy" anything. Athletes are either harshly ridiculed or triumphantly praised, and there's not much middle ground between that. ESPN is the same way. Sensational journalism to get ratings, it's all about the business these days. I miss the days when there were awesome sports shows/articles just for the pure passion of writing about sports.

OGKnickfan2525
02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
I hope Mr. Terry had a nice LONG flight back to Haterville. He probably wished he wouldn't have fouled Lin so hard and made him go off. Better luck next time loser!!!!

Bornknick73
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
While not a fan of Mike's, his system doesnt teach penetration, doesnt teach clutch, doesnt teach court vision.

You can either do those things or you cant. D'antonis system is about pace and speed. The knicks havent cracked 100 points but for a few times this year. We dont lead the league in offense which is a D'antoni staple. So saying the numbers are inflated due to the system sounds alot like sour grapes from teams who are used to using the Knicks as a punching bag....

Only now the bag punches back. And its punching teams square in the mouth and putting them down.

MrfadeawayJB
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
It's true to a certain extent.

Every player has a system they thrive in and do better.

But Lin is a solid player if he'd been given the chance anywhere else.

this. I always felt Lin could be productive given minutes, and at worst he is still a rotational player. I am still not convinced he is a star yet though

koetravis
02-20-2012, 12:52 PM
While not a fan of Mike's, his system doesnt teach penetration, doesnt teach clutch, doesnt teach court vision.

You can either do those things or you cant. D'antonis system is about pace and speed. The knicks havent cracked 100 points but for a few times this year. We dont lead the league in offense which is a D'antoni staple. So saying the numbers are inflated due to the system sounds alot like sour grapes from teams who are used to using the Knicks as a punching bag....

Only now the bag punches back. And its punching teams square in the mouth and putting them down.

The Knicks have beaten 2 teams with winning records during this streak.

farren.louis
02-20-2012, 01:13 PM
He's right 1st off Lin isnt really good Ive watched him play a few times everything is basically luck and his play is sloppy but once guys get back in shape on the defensive end lin will be a none factor he's to light to fight to then to win... He isnt the answer to the knicks problem the only problem the knicks have is 2selfish ALL-STARS that dnt pass the ball or play any defense

tyfreaks brotha
02-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Jason Terry probably isn't wrong to be honest...

oak2455
02-20-2012, 01:20 PM

8 out of 9 its still 8 out of 9.....so I guess unless he plays the 8 good teams in the NBA, this doesnt count:facepalm: ok So everyone who plays against crap teams, their stats and wins should be taken away.....makes sense now:D

farren.louis
02-20-2012, 01:23 PM

:clap: what a sweetheart

zoned88
02-20-2012, 01:26 PM

Utah jazz were definitely over .500 when the knicks beat them.

king4day
02-20-2012, 01:29 PM
It's helped, yes, but D'Antoni allowing him the freedom has unleashed his capabilities. He's doing it in a half court set as well... not Coach D's forte but it's worked.

willabeast77
02-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Terry is right but no need to have said it. This was obvious and clear.

Kashmir13579
02-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Its true. :shrug:

oak2455
02-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Terry is right but no need to have said it. This was obvious and clear.

Troll and run how is this Obvious??? anybody can do what Lin is doing:facepalm::facepalm:

icon1914
02-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I know... that system makes every one running the point look like an All Star... look what it did for Toney Douglas and Shumpert.... oh wait...

Kashmir13579
There is literally no other team where Lin would be getting these minutes and touches.

nycsports2
maybe... but not 95% sorry jt

Ebbs
02-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes to an extent D'antoni and the Knicks definitely making Lin what he is however. doesn't change that a lot of PG's before him failed and he is exceeding all expectations. He shat all over us yesterday Terry picked a bad time to talk.

nycsports2
02-20-2012, 01:46 PM
ill take magic johnsons word over jason terry as much as i love terry over his whole career... magic>terry

Hitman21
02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
:clap: what a sweetheart

lol...i cant tell if your being sarcastic..or you truly enjoyed my post. :confused:

Quietmoney
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't care what it is that has him playing the way he is, no one can truly stop him. And that's with double teaming him and gearing the defense to stop him. And for all you people looking for some sort of drop off, you can forget it! Melo comes back tonight and the trapping will stop and things are really gonna get interesting.

OGKnickfan2525
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe Terry should eat some humble pie.... Naaaa, that wouldn't be his style. Once a MOUTH always a MOUTH.

As for all the other haters out there- Wake Up!!!!! The kid can ball. The last time I checked you had to have talent to be in the NBA no matter what team you play for and every team has some kind of "system". Even Dallas..... So maybe Jason Terry is only 5% as good as the Dallas System. In other words he's full of "ISH"

nycsports2
02-20-2012, 01:53 PM
man the knicks are gonna be sick if Melo's buying in... booked my seat for knicks heat #CANTWAIT!

Quietmoney
02-20-2012, 01:54 PM
He can flat out ball!! I've seen the mid range, the three, the floater, the court vision, and the clutch factor. You guys need to give it up already... he's a beast!

LTBaByyy
02-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Besides the Lakers and Hornets, what team would he start for?

Thank you.

Kashmir13579
02-20-2012, 01:56 PM

Thank you.

He wouldn't have started for either team before Linsanity took off. D'antoni created Linsanity.

Quietmoney
02-20-2012, 01:57 PM

Thank you.

Yours :facepalm:

Hugbees
02-20-2012, 02:01 PM
This reminds me when people say Rose only gets his numbers by having the ball in his hands for most possessions. Just more ******** to try to diminish someones talents.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Nah, I think terry's mad cause He needed Dirk, Tyson and Kidd to win a ring. Terry couldn't do what Lin is doing on the knicks if they traded places!

Yes. But at the same time, what Terry did in the biggest game of the NBA season last year (Game 6), Lin couldn't do.

Terry is right to an extent. Should he have said anything? No he needs to shut up and play.

At the same time, I would be bitter too if Lin's 10-15 game stretch got 10 times the coverage that the Mavs beating the Heat for their first championship got.

Lin is a great player and Terry is one of the most clutch players in the NBA.

Lin continue to be good, Terry shut up and continue to be clutch.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I hope Mr. Terry had a nice LONG flight back to Haterville. He probably wished he wouldn't have fouled Lin so hard and made him go off. Better luck next time loser!!!!

He was a big part of a championship team last year.. What has Jeremy Lin won?

LTBaByyy
02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Yours :facepalm:

Lin starting over NBA Hall of Famer Jason Kidd that is a defending champion

You have lost your damnnnn mind, he wouldn't last one minute as a starter for Mavs

Carlisle doesn't take turnovers from point guards

We will see who is talking about Lin when y'all get swept by Heat or Bulls in first round

JoyRide
02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
This reminds me when people say Rose only gets his numbers by having the ball in his hands for most possessions. Just more ******** to try to diminish someones talents.

exactly, it's so stupid to say that someone play well because of the system, it's the same as saying Kobe only great at scoring because he keep shooting :facepalm:

GodsSon
02-20-2012, 02:16 PM

Really Jason?

He did.

Check out his stats (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3855/gamelog;_ylt=AmKLuYPPpKlRonICzeEdI3IOPaB4?year=200 8) for November, December, January and February in 08-09. The guy was a on a tear, and I specifically remember Knicks fans on PSD over-hyping him too; just not to the same degree as Lin.

The D'Antoni system is tailor-made for pass first point-guards, as has been evidenced in the past. Instead of annoiting the guy your franchise saviour after 9 games, why don't you let him prove himself for 4 months/1 year/2 years; or would you rather let the media dictate your thoughts?

I almost feel bad for Lin, because should his production come back down, the same media hyping him up will be right there to chew him up. In my honest opinion, I think the kid is a decent player who can be a passable starter, but is more suited to a back-up role; as I see him in the Jose Calderon mould.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:21 PM
I think this easily goes both ways and it is very simple:

Knicks fans: Jeremy Lin is a really good player and has All Star potential but don't start treating him like a superstar or a savior. The odds of him being mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe, Dirk, LeBron, Wade, etc... is very highly unlikely.

Lin haters: Stop giving him ****. LeBron didn't have a start to his career like this. Even if it may be a product of D'Antoni's system, hitting multiple clutch shots and slashing the basket isn't part of the system. He is a good player and through the hate, you easily would take him on your team.

Kashmir13579
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
We will see who is talking about Lin when y'all get swept by Heat or Bulls in first round

Still have that bitter taste from yesterday in your mouth?

Kashmir13579
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I think this easily goes both ways and it is very simple:

Knicks fans: Jeremy Lin is a really good player and has All Star potential but don't start treating him like a superstar or a savior. The odds of him being mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe, Dirk, LeBron, Wade, etc... is very highly unlikely.

Lin haters: Stop giving him ****. LeBron didn't have a start to his career like this. Even if it may be a product of D'Antoni's system, hitting multiple clutch shots and slashing the basket isn't part of the system. He is a good player and through the hate, you easily would take him on your team.

Good stuff, but Lin is definitely our saviour, and the entire city of New York feels this way.

farren.louis
02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
He can flat out ball!! I've seen the mid range, the three, the floater, the court vision, and the clutch factor. You guys need to give it up already... he's a beast!

BEAST? CLUTCH?? :confused: who's a beast who's clutch not Lin
I know your not going to call that jackup 3point shot that won a game clutch or that jackup 3point shot he hit over dirk clutch? Those shots are shots I'll live with .. Wait till the playoffs start to give anyone the CLUTCH AND BEAST title

daboywonder2002
02-20-2012, 02:26 PM
but lin isnt even running the real d'antoni's system. nash ran way more pick n rolls and from there its either 1) get a big man on nash and nash can take him to school. 2) get amare easy shots or 3) pass to a 3 point shooter. Plus they took shots way earlier in the shot clock. when i see lin, its basically him attacking the basket and either finishing or making the right read. and they are using more time on the shot clock. now i havent watched every knick game. but the ones ive seen, they are not running a lot of pick n roll

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Good stuff, but Lin is definitely our saviour, and the entire city of New York feels this way.

If you mean savior as in bringing life back then of course but savior as in bringing championships and becoming a superstar then no.

But yes I agree with you on that.

OGKnickfan2525
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: CudiOnMyiPod-"He was a big part of a championship team last year.. What has Jeremy Lin won?"

He's won the hearts of millions with his humility... Something JT needs to learn.

funkybudda
02-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes. But at the same time, what Terry did in the biggest game of the NBA season last year (Game 6), Lin couldn't do.

why would you use past tense when such opportunity hasnt happen to Lin yet? If Lin has already gone on to get into the same situation as Terry had and failed, you might have a point, but you really have no ground to make that statement.

GiantsSwaGG
02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Lin starting over NBA Hall of Famer Jason Kidd that is a defending champion

You have lost your damnnnn mind, he wouldn't last one minute as a starter for Mavs

Carlisle doesn't take turnovers from point guards

He outplayed your hall of famer so whats your point?

Plus aren't you the same poster that said Tyson is overrated?

utl768
02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
terry is an idiot

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:36 PM
why would you use past tense when such opportunity hasnt happen to Lin yet? If Lin has already gone on to get into the same situation as Terry had and failed, you might have a point, but you really have no ground to make that statement.

In that case, you can argue that one cannot say that Isaiah Thomas Jr. can't become the best player in the NBA (if that's made sense).

My point is, you can't call Jason Terry a loser when he just averaged 19 ppg on great shooting in Dallas's championship run last season. He had the biggest game in game 6 with 27 points and hit tons of clutch shots.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: CudiOnMyiPod-"He was a big part of a championship team last year.. What has Jeremy Lin won?"

He's won the hearts of millions with his humility... Something JT needs to learn.

He won the hearts of millions because he has played like an All Star for his first 9 games.

The new question is will he keep it up? Or (more likely) will he stoop down to lower numbers (15/9) which are still good but not "Linsanity" numbers.

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
what does kidd do so impressive?? lol He was a great pg no doubt HOFer, But at this point he doesnt do much anymore. right now lin>Kidd but we will see if lin can keep it up

Evolution23
02-20-2012, 02:40 PM
ill take magic johnsons word over jason terry as much as i love terry over his whole career... magic>terry

Yeah how can any one actually argue against Magic when it comes to point guard talk?

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:43 PM
what does kidd do so impressive?? lol He was a great pg no doubt HOFer, But at this point he doesnt do much anymore. right now lin>Kidd but we will see if lin can keep it up

Kidd wasn't a top 100 player the way he played for the first 15-20 games but lately he is hitting threes, dishing out dimes and grabbing rebounds. Kidd does most of his work that doesn't show up in statlines. He is still at the top of the league in terms of IQ. He manages the shot clock very well and always makes the right pass. Turnovers are very high for him and that may be because he is almost 40 but he is still a solid player.

OGKnickfan2525
02-20-2012, 02:47 PM
"Cudi"-Good point. As a Knicks fan I hope he can continue to improve. Realistically, his production will probably tail off. But 15/9 are respectable numbers especially if "9" is the assist number and not the turnover number. He may never be in the class Kidd, Nash or some of the greats but for now it gives us Knicks fans something to brag about. Let us have our fun it's been long time coming.

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Kidd wasn't a top 100 player the way he played for the first 15-20 games but lately he is hitting threes, dishing out dimes and grabbing rebounds. Kidd does most of his work that doesn't show up in statlines. He is still at the top of the league in terms of IQ. He manages the shot clock very well and always makes the right pass. Turnovers are very high for him and that may be because he is almost 40 but he is still a solid player.

No doubt, he has played better of late, but Ithink lin would make more of an impact then kidd at this point

Punk
02-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Not sure which is worse at this point. The posts in this thread or what Terry said.

If he is a product of a "system", Toney Douglas and Shumpret would be averaging much more points and assists than he is. If It's a product of a system, the Knicks wouldn't have been struggling all year to score.

If It's a product of a system, Duhon and T-Mac would have gotten max contracts.

Telling Lin to drive the lane, take open shots, pass the ball, run in transition against defensive halfcourt teams is called FUNDAMENTALS OF BASKETBALL. It's not some stat inflating system.

Terry needs to STFU. This is a guy who is a product of the Mavericks. He was a total joke in Atlanta for 5 years before becoming a major piece to the Mavericks franchise.

My question with Lin is, will he do it against a good team?

Chronz
02-20-2012, 04:00 PM
I like what someone said about JET being a result of his system. Every player fits in a certain system, whats the point of mentioning it?

He did.

Check out his stats (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3855/gamelog;_ylt=AmKLuYPPpKlRonICzeEdI3IOPaB4?year=200 8) for November, December, January and February in 08-09. The guy was a on a tear, and I specifically remember Knicks fans on PSD over-hyping him too; just not to the same degree as Lin.

The D'Antoni system is tailor-made for pass first point-guards, as has been evidenced in the past. Instead of annoiting the guy your franchise saviour after 9 games, why don't you let him prove himself for 4 months/1 year/2 years; or would you rather let the media dictate your thoughts?

I almost feel bad for Lin, because should his production come back down, the same media hyping him up will be right there to chew him up. In my honest opinion, I think the kid is a decent player who can be a passable starter, but is more suited to a back-up role; as I see him in the Jose Calderon mould.
Dig deeper in your statistical analysis

Duhon sucked in NY

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Not sure which is worse at this point. The posts in this thread or what Terry said.

If he is a product of a "system", Toney Douglas and Shumpret would be averaging much more points and assists than he is. If It's a product of a system, the Knicks wouldn't have been struggling all year to score.

If It's a product of a system, Duhon and T-Mac would have gotten max contracts.

Telling Lin to drive the lane, take open shots, pass the ball, run in transition against defensive halfcourt teams is called FUNDAMENTALS OF BASKETBALL. It's not some stat inflating system.

Terry needs to STFU. This is a guy who is a product of the Mavericks. He was a total joke in Atlanta for 5 years before becoming a major piece to the Mavericks franchise.

My question with Lin is, will he do it against a good team?

I'm gonna start here. Dallas is better than New York so either you are delusional or you are admitting NY is worse.

Explain to me how Terry was a joke in Atlanta?

He averaged 19.7 ppg and 4.9 apg, 19.3 ppg and 5.7 apg, 17.2 ppg and 7.4 apg, and 16.8 ppg and 5.4 apg with Atlanta. His shooting was low but those are still really good numbers.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-20-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm gonna start here. Dallas is better than New York so either you are delusional or you are admitting NY is worse.

Explain to me how Terry was a joke in Atlanta?

He averaged 19.7 ppg and 4.9 apg, 19.3 ppg and 5.7 apg, 17.2 ppg and 7.4 apg, and 16.8 ppg and 5.4 apg with Atlanta. His shooting was low but those are still really good numbers.

Terry was considered to be an ill advised chucker similar to how Jr Smith was and is viewed. His production was moot due to ATL having a bad team full of me type players.. Terry is entitled to his opinion and I have no problems with him. Lin just keeps ballin and Terry dropped the Heat like a bad habit in the finals . He's cool in my book

kobebabe
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
somehow true but you have to have talent to thrive in any system. Lin clearly has talent and we should all identify with that! System favors him but he can ball too

Bornknick73
02-21-2012, 02:19 PM
People who arent from NY will always hate anything from NY. NYC is the toughest city in the world to live, survive and excel. Only the strong survive in NYC. Alot of people are envious of this because they will never know if they have what it takes to survive there. For most the answer is NO.

They dont have the hustle or drive to survive here so they **** on us. I have succeeded and thrived in NYC all my professional career. I can go to Istanbul or any other city in the world and I can survive and succeed.

Like the song says...

IF YOU CAN MAKE IT THERE....

FlakeyFool
02-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Shut up Jason Terry

NYsFinest
02-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Must be a pretty good system if you can have some random loser average 25ppg 9apg 4 rpg 3spg on shooting 50% while leading a team to an 8-2 record....

ziglur
02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Shut yo mouth. You dont even start and theres a reason for that. Evidently you cant hang playing against starters. I like your stats but face it you are a reserve. I wonder why you would run down another player who is trying to make a living same as you , are you jealous? Every player who plays benefits from the way their team plays. I noticed you guarded him some in your game with him, Super defender Marion guarded him too What Happen? Are you saying that Nash isnt a top point guard because he played in the same system. I suppose the Cavs will screw Lin big time when they play him again like the do everybody at home thats the way it goes. Dont let your jealousy get the best of you

?

ManRam
02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
on one hand you have raymond felton who knicks fans were gushing over obsessively last year before he was traded, barking for AS games etc. he wasn't ever highly regarded before he went to NYK, and he's having an AWFUL year now in POR

on the other hand, you have steve nash, who is no product of anything.

being "a product of a system" is just a copout nine times out of 10. if you can't play, it doesn't matter where you are. lin can play. he's probably not as great as he's looked, but he can play. "system" or no "system"

ziglur
02-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Why does he not start? Piles up stats against other reserves . Looks good when hes hot but it usually happens against 2nd stringers.. One in a while he can play with starters but not usually. If he was that great he would be starting . Who is starting ahead of Terry this year? Why would he say anything negative against another player who is trying to make a living just like him.

IndyRealist
02-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Terry has it backwards. D'Antoni's system requires a PG like Lin to work, it doesn't inflate his stats....it was built for him.

IndyRealist
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
People who arent from NY will always hate anything from NY. NYC is the toughest city in the world to live, survive and excel. Only the strong survive in NYC. Alot of people are envious of this because they will never know if they have what it takes to survive there. For most the answer is NO.

They dont have the hustle or drive to survive here so they **** on us. I have succeeded and thrived in NYC all my professional career. I can go to Istanbul or any other city in the world and I can survive and succeed.

Like the song says...

I'm pretty sure people in Darfur and Baghdad would disagree with you. It's fine to be proud of your city, but have some perspective.

nycsports2
02-21-2012, 06:41 PM

Like the song says...

you my friend are a real *****

smith&wesson
02-21-2012, 07:00 PM
up till 2 weeks ago every one wanted dantoni's head on a stick. now his "system" is getting all the credit.

i personally dont care for lin or his game. but to take all the credit away and hand it over to the coaching system when the guys out there busting his but 40 mins a night and actually helping his team win, thats hate right there.

arkanian215
02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
So throw Douglas in that role and see him blossom. Oh wait... Shump...oh wait... Bibby...

WVNowitzki
02-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Wish Terry would shhhhhhhh