PDA

View Full Version : Kobe to Lakers: Make A Decision On Pau Now

kblo247
02-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Kobe Bryant said the limbo of the Lakers possibly trading Pau Gasol has gone on enough and requested a decision be made.

“I wish management would come out and either trade him or not trade him,” Bryant said after the Lakers’ loss in Phoenix on Sunday night.
Bryant said his preference is the Lakers do not trade Gasol, citing the team’s “foundation” is in place with Bryant, Gasol and “the emergence of Andrew (Bynum).”

“Can’t have one of our pillars not knowing if he’s going to be here,” Bryant said.

Although Bryant said Gasol has “been the consummate professional” in maintaining loyalty to the Lakers and desire to stay, Bryant said: “It’s just tough for a player to give his all when you don’t know if you’re going to be here tomorrow.”

Upon being told of Bryant’s comments, Gasol said: “Obviously it’s not the best-case scenario for anybody, as a team. It’s always nice to have security and reassurance, but again, I understand. … Obviously it would be nice to know one way or the other for my mind’s sake, but I don’t know if I’m in a position to really demand that at all. I understand that things are not as easy as they appear at times.”

The Lakers were prepared before training camp to package Gasol and Lamar Odom to acquire Chris Paul until the NBA, holder of Paul’s rights as current owner of the New Orleans Hornets, nixed that trade. The Lakers traded Odom to Dallas but kept Gasol, who was recently left off the Western Conference All-Star team for the first time in four years.

“I’m not trying to force the team if they want to trade me to trade me tomorrow,” Gasol said. “Obviously I still believe in our team; I believe in our city. I believe we can continue to be a special, special team — a successful team.”

The NBA trade deadline is March 15, and Gasol is waiting for it while cognizant of various rumors involving him flying around “every other day.” Gasol said he has seen Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak after games, “but we haven’t really spoken about anything.”

Gasol said he believes the Lakers are “listening” to offers as opposed to taking him off the trading block.

“It seems it’s not that way,” Gasol said. “That’s the feeling that I get, and I haven’t really confirmed it, but from the situation and all the talks, that’s what I perceive.”

Bryant was not outwardly angry about the situation despite a couple of profanities he dropped in while saying the Lakers should trade Gasol or say they’re not trading him. He was aware of the newsworthiness of his opinion, however, half-smiling to reporters as he said: “You got some bulletin news for your story?”

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/02/19 ... now/69445/

It was about time. It is like years ago when Kobe had to put the Buss family on blast to get **** done. Right now this trade and being shipped mess is hanging over Pau's head and the teams so they need clarity as Pau has earned that much. Either Pau is a Laker or he ain't, no middle ground, and Kobe saying it is "bulletin board and headline material"

shep33
02-20-2012, 01:15 AM
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/02/19/kobe-to-lakers-make-a-decision-on-pau-now/69445/

Thanks to Avenged for the find.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Him saying that he wants Pau to stay and talking about the pillars...

I think Kobe knows Pau is going to get traded. He's just trying to save face and not look like he didn't want Pau when the actual trade goes down. Kobe is not stupid, the guy has mastered the play of politics that is the NBA.

Avenged
02-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Merged the post together.

This was being discussed in tomorrows GT. Pau said this as well:

Pau Gasol: "I'm not trying to force things; I'm not trying to force the team if they want to trade me to trade me tomorrow."

Pau: "It would be nice to know one way or the other for my mind's sake, but I don't know if I'm in a position to really demand that at all.

With Pau's state of mind, and him knowing the Lakers are looking to trade him, I think the Lakers now have to trade him or we will be getting a distracted Pau all season.

kblo247
02-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Kobe just put Lakers management on point with postgame statements to trade Pau Gasol or say they're not going to trade him.

Kobe said he'd prefer Lakers don't trade Pau but said a decision needs to be made for Gasol to put his "whole heart" into game.

Pau Gasol: "I'm not trying to force things; I'm not trying to force the team if they want to trade me to trade me tomorrow."

Kobe knew what he was doing by talking about it, half-smiling when he was done: "You got some bulletin news for your story?"

Pau: "It would be nice to know one way or the other for my mind's sake, but I don't know if I'm in a position to really demand that at all

Twitter.com/KevinDing

J4KOP99
02-20-2012, 01:24 AM
Yup. This will either force the FO to make a solid move or this will blow up in everyone's face.

With the way things have been going, Im afraid it may be the latter.

It's not usually good when a team looks desperate like we do now. It did work back in 07-08 but things were a little different then.

Avenged
02-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Also it's pretty weird that Kobe said this to the media.. What's the point? He could have gone straight to the F.O and told them this. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems.

Hellcrooner
02-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Him saying that he wants Pau to stay and talking about the pillars...

I think Kobe knows Pau is going to get traded. He's just trying to save face and not look like he didn't want Pau when the actual trade goes down. Kobe is not stupid, the guy has mastered the play of politics that is the NBA.

Thats called swiming but keeping your cloths dry here in spain.

Translation:

1 I want his *** traded NOW Mitch

2 I dont want to look like im the one throwing him out, so ill say some nice words making it look like its not my idea in reality.

shep33
02-20-2012, 01:32 AM

Translation:

2 I dont want to look like im the one throwing him out, so ill say some nice words making it look like its not my idea in reality.

See I don't know Crooner. Pau has been quoted earlier this week, basically saying he that he knows he's about to get dealt. He said the the Lakers were essentially "waiting for the right deal".

Let's be honest, Kobe has just restated essentially what Pau did earlier this week, and again tonight

kblo247
02-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Also it's pretty weird that Kobe said this to the media.. What's the point? He could have gone straight to the F.O and told them this. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems.

Maybe Pau has asked him to speak up for him. I mean when Pau got called soft by Perk and Amare, Kobe took the shots right back at them while he said nothing. Team USA told stories of the players teasing him after the win and Kobe squashing that rig then because that was his guy. Maybe he feels he can't afford to lose Pau mentally again like last postseason when he stayed quiet and it blew up in his face?

Kobe is basically saying what he did when he made the trade threat in 2008 "do something and do it now or else"

Kobe's leverage is TWC who made it damn clear they paid billons for Kobe dedicated blocks. The fact is if he went off and said trade me now and they did it, TWC and that $5B deal which has Kobe's related rights and marketing based in it is in trouble

lpdunks8
02-20-2012, 01:37 AM
March 1st and the 15th can't come soon enough.

shep33
02-20-2012, 01:47 AM
My own personal suggestion of what the FO should do:

1) Sign Arenas- you make this team better without any risk whatsoever. Without needing to trade anybody including Pau.

2) Use the TPE + a draft pick- Get Sessions... or anybody that can help this team right now. Beno Udrih for instance wants out of Milwaukee supposedly. You can't tell me that the 9 mill TPE and a first rounder in this year's draft is absolutely useless

By doing one of these two things, you can maybe make this year's team better, and have them win in the short term (up until the deadline). When your winning, it's amazing how much the rumors stop swirling... We messed up bad when we didn't sign Arenas, Nate Robinson, or even Mike freaking James lol, who is playing great in Chicago.
We could've done minor moves to help keep us winning and then keep the pressure off our players in trade rumors. We messed that up, but it can be fixed. Mitch needs to do something minor just to keep people happy.

LA_Raiders
02-20-2012, 01:49 AM
**** this is becoming a real mess... **** u Jim & Cupcake

Zefflin
02-20-2012, 01:52 AM
he's gone, that's classic kobe tho

deadman8586
02-20-2012, 02:00 AM
**** this is becoming a real mess... **** u Jim & Cupcake

Good serves you right for asking the Lakers to put together big 3.

J4KOP99
02-20-2012, 02:03 AM

1) Sign Arenas- you make this team better without any risk whatsoever. Without needing to trade anybody including Pau.

2) Use the TPE + a draft pick- Get Sessions... or anybody that can help this team right now. Beno Udrih for instance wants out of Milwaukee supposedly. You can't tell me that the 9 mill TPE and a first rounder in this year's draft is absolutely useless

By doing one of these two things, you can maybe make this year's team better, and have them win in the short term (up until the deadline). When your winning, it's amazing how much the rumors stop swirling... We messed up bad when we didn't sign Arenas, Nate Robinson, or even Mike freaking James lol, who is playing great in Chicago.
We could've done minor moves to help keep us winning and then keep the pressure off our players in trade rumors. We messed that up, but it can be fixed. Mitch needs to do something minor just to keep people happy.

You think we could actually get Sessions for that?

and I guess he could sign Arenas... but there is a reason nobody has signed the guy yet.

deadman8586
02-20-2012, 02:04 AM

Why bother we'll going to lose in the playoffs anyway.

shep33
02-20-2012, 02:06 AM
Why bother we'll going to lose in the playoffs anyway.

The point is not about winning in the playoffs... it's about winning up until the deadline, and calming the storm.

shep33
02-20-2012, 02:09 AM
You think we could actually get Sessions for that?

and I guess he could sign Arenas... but there is a reason nobody has signed the guy yet.

But let's be honest with ourselves here, we have the worst pg rotation in the NBA. Tonight for instance, I might be alone on this, but our two pg's had a combined 2 points, 4 assists and 2 turnovers. Realistically, there is no way that Gilbert Arenas could not do better. And there have been these types of games throughout the season.

lpdunks8
02-20-2012, 02:13 AM
But let's be honest with ourselves here, we have the worst pg rotation in the NBA. Tonight for instance, I might be alone on this, but our two pg's had a combined 2 points, 4 assists and 2 turnovers. Realistically, there is no way that Gilbert Arenas could not do better. And there have been these types of games throughout the season.

Arenas would be better, but maybe they are working on an upcoming trade for a PG.

J4KOP99
02-20-2012, 02:16 AM

Yeah. I really don't know. I'm at a loss for words at this point. I could tell all last year that we just didn't have it. Probably just too burnt out. But I could have never expected this past free agency period. I mean, about the worst possible scenario played out.

Now, we don't even have a ****ing PG. How can that be possible haha? The stat line that you bolded from the most recent PHX game is so pathetic. That should never happen. It has happened for us on a few different occasions.

You are right in saying that Arenas could not do any worse... but I'm just looking at the bigger picture. What I see is that we are in a very bad position right now and for the future.

I don't know how much of what has transpired these past 4-5 years (all the success) has been due to Mitch but if he can get us out of this mess, I will be forever grateful to him. Right now, there does not seem to be a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. We are in a dark place haha

I just can't see a way that Kobe's statements are going to make this any easier.

shep33
02-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Yeah. I really don't know. I'm at a loss for words at this point. I could tell all last year that we just didn't have it. Probably just too burnt out. But I could have never expected this past free agency period. I mean, about the worst possible scenario played out.

Now, we don't even have a ****ing PG. How can that be possible haha? The stat line that you bolded from the most recent PHX game is so pathetic. That should never happen. It has happened for us on a few different occasions.

You are right in saying that Arenas could not do any worse... but I'm just looking at the bigger picture. What I see is that we are in a very bad position right now and for the future.

I don't know how much of what has transpired these past 4-5 years (all the success) has been due to Mitch but if he can get us out of this mess, I will be forever grateful to him. Right now, there does not seem to be a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. We are in a dark place haha

I just can't see a way that Kobe's statements are going to make this any easier.

I agree with everything you said. I also think the Kobe is frustrated with management because of their inability to involve him in anything... and I know he constantly says "I trust in Mitch", however, when you don't receive the input of a top 10 player of all time over the future coach of this franchise (Mike Brown), I don't think that sat well with him. Moreover, the coaching staff outside of Chuck Person was essentially thrown out the door. I remember Brian Shaw saying how poorly Jimbo handled the situation with himself and Jim Cleamons.

midwestlaker75
02-20-2012, 02:26 AM
A few things need to happen right away...

First, a decision needs to be made on Pau Gasol A.S.A.P.

Secondly, Metta World Peace must be benched permanently

Third, We must acquire a starting PG by March 15th. And move Fish to the bench!

Fourth, Mike Brown must find more minutes for Andrew Goudelock, either at PG or SG.

I know there are more things that need to be done, But that will at least settle things and start moving them in the right direction.

shep33
02-20-2012, 02:28 AM
We're in a tough spot. I have no clue what they're going to do, I think we have to be patient, but at the same time we're like half way through this season. Incorporating new players into our system will be tough... Don't know what the heck to think right now. I don't want to trade Pau right away, I think if we can buy ourselves a couple of weeks, it'd be great. See how the Howard thing pans out, because they're obviously waiting for something to happen there... Doesn't make sense that we'd still have Pau + our 2 first rounders + a 9 Mill TPE and not use them to get a strong bunch of players, or a very good player.

lpdunks8
02-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Brown is right about this:

"He was on his computer (Saturday) when we landed and he was looking through some articles and all that," Brown told ESPNLosAngeles.com after the team's shootaround Sunday. "I just leaned over and said, 'Pau, you got to stop looking at that crap. It will kill you if you do.'"

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7593707/kobe-bryant-rips-los-angeles-lakers-management-potential-pau-gasol-trade

deadman8586
02-20-2012, 02:34 AM
I agree with everything you said. I also think the Kobe is frustrated with management because of their inability to involve him in anything... and I know he constantly says "I trust in Mitch", however, when you don't receive the input of a top 10 player of all time over the future coach of this franchise (Mike Brown), I don't think that sat well with him. Moreover, the coaching staff outside of Chuck Person was essentially thrown out the door. I remember Brian Shaw saying how poorly Jimbo handled the situation with himself and Jim Cleamons.

Well you knew that Jim is going to erase everything that had a scent of Phil. Also the FO really didn't care about Kobe's feeling because that's the least of their problems.

gr824
02-20-2012, 02:36 AM

Translation:

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain ... clothes ...

shep33
02-20-2012, 02:37 AM
Well you knew that Jim is going to erase everything that had a scent of Phil. Also the FO really didn't care about Kobe's feeling because that's the least of their problems.

True, but you'd expect that they'd at least ask him about it. They didn't even let him know. I'm sure Lebron in Cleveland was asked about bringing Shaq in, or MJ in Chicago about Rodman.

The problem is that the FO should be communicating with Kobe... whether he likes the move or not, they should keep him in the loop, or else you get him publicly questioning them, and I really don't blame him for that.

Let's think about this... what Kobe said is essentially what Pau was saying, and really the essence about what all Laker fans are thinking about the whole situation.

K0BE8124
02-20-2012, 02:45 AM
I don't believe this yeah he got his feelings hurt right?? Who hasn't I broke up with a nice girl for a year and half and not to long ago found out she was a whore the whole time and was trying to blame me 4 everything.... Take a week get back to work and play the best ball of your life to prove to the lakers why they should keep you and so your price can increase :) but no you didn't do those so your out :)

Teeboy1487
02-20-2012, 02:51 AM
The more we lose, the worst it gets.

looka09
02-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Trade his a.$$ already!!!

shep33
02-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Mitch has to somehow smooth this over... keep Pau happy until the deadline and not force anything quickly

lakeshow12
02-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Yes! Now trade Gasol for D. Williams and Beasley please. And get Sessions. All this sh** will go away!

Supa
02-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Kobe's public opinion will only make the management's job more difficult, at the very least, keep his opinion private.

For Fisher's contract, the management was not hot on the length or the amount, but it was on Kobe's insistence, the Lakers took it on, creating our current PG situation.

Express his opinion publicly will only raise the awareness and distraction.

---

jonesyLakeShow
02-20-2012, 04:17 AM

He may have already and now decided he needed to make it public because that puts more pressure

jonesyLakeShow
02-20-2012, 04:22 AM

Or winning will cure everything said until the deadline

dazz
02-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Kobe's public opinion will only make the management's job more difficult, at the very least, keep his opinion private.

For Fisher's contract, the management was not hot on the length or the amount, but it was on Kobe's insistence, the Lakers took it on, creating our current PG situation.

---

^^ this
Kobe saying that is hardly helping either Pau nor the Lakers. What does he mean? because Pau is not the problem in this team and doesn't look to me like his game is being affected much. He's handling the whole situation just fine.
Kobe should shut up and let the FO do their job. Trading is already complex enough without your stars putting pressure on his teammates and the FO

kblo247
02-20-2012, 04:47 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0220-elliott-lakers-20120220,0,3711350.column?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53285
"Obviously, there's a lot of rumors, a lot of talks. And teams that seem to continue to make offers and they're listening," Gasol said. "Otherwise, those offers wouldn't be out there....

"If I own a player or if a player plays for my team and I say, 'Look, I'm not interested in doing anything because I value my player and want to keep him here,' then all that stops. But it seems that it's not that way. That's the feeling that I get. I haven't really confirmed it, but from the situation and now the talks, that's what I perceive."

shep33
02-20-2012, 05:22 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0220-elliott-lakers-20120220,0,3711350.column?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53285
"Obviously, there's a lot of rumors, a lot of talks. And teams that seem to continue to make offers and they're listening," Gasol said. "Otherwise, those offers wouldn't be out there....

"If I own a player or if a player plays for my team and I say, 'Look, I'm not interested in doing anything because I value my player and want to keep him here,' then all that stops. But it seems that it's not that way. That's the feeling that I get. I haven't really confirmed it, but from the situation and now the talks, that's what I perceive."

See, Kobe didn't say anything that Pau isn't saying. It's clearly distracting this team.

We're in a horrible situation right now. It's like tryouts on the court for these guys, too much pressure, and they don't know whether they'd wake up the next day and still be a part of this organization.

Only way to solve this is to win... and honestly the next 3 are killer games. Portland, Dallas, OKC. If we lose all 3 of those... We'll probably trade Pau for crap. If we start winning though, we can at least ride this out till the deadline.

shep33
02-20-2012, 05:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7593803

video of Kobe... he's pissed. But he's supporting Pau.

MickeyMgl
02-20-2012, 05:50 AM
With Pau's state of mind, and him knowing the Lakers are looking to trade him, I think the Lakers now have to trade him or we will be getting a distracted Pau all season.

I don't think so. Odom went through this the first several years he was with the Lakers, and it turned out all right. When? When they stopped trying to trade him every year.

MickeyMgl
02-20-2012, 06:04 AM

Jim Buss has set the tone for this relationship. They don't involve or consult Kobe for diddly, so the media is all the leverage he's got.

MickeyMgl
02-20-2012, 06:10 AM

Translation:

Here in the United States this is called "Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't."

shep33
02-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Jim Buss has set the tone for this relationship. They don't involve or consult Kobe for diddly, so the media is all the leverage he's got.

I agree with this. Remember, Kobe wasn't even consulted in Brown's hiring. Kobe is good friends with guys like Brian Shaw and Jim Cleamons... and reading about how Jimmy absolutely disgraced them from their positions is revolting.

There is not a good relationship between Jimmy and Mitch and even Jimmy and the players I believe.

HOLY TOLEDO
02-20-2012, 08:55 AM

Basically your saying that Mitch watched the workout and came away impressed with what he saw and should sign him even if the truth is that he was not overly impressed with what he saw. What is your take if the latter were to be true, sign Arenas and fill the open roster spot with a player that you were not impressed with?

2) Use the TPE + a draft pick- Get Sessions... or anybody that can help this team right now. Beno Udrih for instance wants out of Milwaukee supposedly. You can't tell me that the 9 mill TPE and a first rounder in this year's draft is absolutely useless.
Again, is Sessions worth a 9 mill TPE and a #1? Mitch knows what's potentially available in the draft plus he knows what the TPE can bring him in the offseason, do you give it away for Sessions? Once again that is up to the FO to weigh, and if they think that the value is fare then pull the trigger if you can get better value in the offseason by holding on to it which I believe that they can then you defer to the latter

I'm surprised that some of you guys are not GMs in the league because you've got all the answers, everything sounds so simple and then when Mitch makes a move for one of the mediocre players that you mention above and gets only a marginal return on the court you are the first ones to rip him for making bad moves. Everyone needs to be patient and let the FO do their due diligence. If there is a move to be made that puts this team in a position to WIN THIS YEAR then you make it otherwise you hold on to your chips and reload in te offseason.

Trueblue2
02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
So you're pissed that people are talking basketball on a basketball forum??

majmarcus
02-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Off Topic: But I bet Jim cant wait to Amnesty Kobe!!!!

Iceman_9
02-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Kobe is right. It is either you trade him now or keep him for the season.

Vinylman
02-20-2012, 10:23 AM

---

cmon dude... seriously... the fisher problem has nothing to do with the contract... it has everything to do with Mike Brown being a ***** and not benching him in favor of someone else... not that the options are much better...

Anyway, his contract did not prevent us from trying to get CP3... people really need to get over the fisher deal... his lockerroom presence at $3 million per year is worth it...

buggin_out_nyc
02-20-2012, 10:25 AM
C'mon trade Pau? I can't respect that he turned the lakers into contenders the minute he got there. The mistake was losing Shannon and Lamar for nothing at all ya dig? Imma Knick fan but I respect Kobe & the lakers like no other team.

This would be a big mistake by management lately they have been doing some head scratching moved man.

Kobe4Life
02-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Lol I'm just curious how is the FO suppose to trade Pau if nothing good is available at the moment? I mean I understand where Kobe is coming from but they can't just make a decision unless they find good value. Their not going to shut down shop just because of Pau's inability to play through rumors.

MickeyMgl
02-20-2012, 12:50 PM
[COLOR="red"Again, is Sessions worth a 9 mill TPE and a #1? Mitch knows what's potentially available in the draft plus he knows what the TPE can bring him in the offseason, do you give it away for Sessions?

The TPE is not that big a deal. If they use half of it on Sessions, they'll still have a TPE for half the amount. So he doesn't have to be worth $9,000,000, and I'm pretty sure Kupchak isn't losing sleep on where that TPE is going anyway.

I'm surprised that some of you guys are not GMs in the league

I'm not surprised. I don't know any NBA owners, and nobody notifies me where to apply.

MickeyMgl
02-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Lol I'm just curious how is the FO suppose to trade Pau if nothing good is available at the moment? I mean I understand where Kobe is coming from but they can't just make a decision unless they find good value.

They can make a decision not to trade him.

Kobe4Life
02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
They can make a decision not to trade him.

Ok so you're asking them to lie?

Sure they can do that but once they get an offer they can't say no to. Pau is gone.

MickeyMgl
02-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Ok so you're asking them to lie?

Nope. They can make a decision not to trade him.

CLASSOF72
02-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Pau is just being the sissy that he is. It's called proffesionalism, he needs to just shut up and earn his sallary. Kobe needs to stay out of it unless he and Pau are working to undermine a potential deal, which makes sense from both of their perspectives. I don't see Kobe working well with a top level player and Pau doesn't want a trade even if the Lakers suck. Anyone in their right mind knows we need to make some changes this is a new system and a lot of the old pieces don't work in it. Pau's trade bait, he let us all down last year and he just needs to exept and deal with his current situation.

KillaInstinct24
02-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Inconsistent laker team plus indecisive front office = first round exit

gocoachmike
02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I agree with Shep,go ahead and add Arenas and Sessions without giving up any players. Keep Gasol.

joshloney
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
This all is just turning into a soap opera. They need to make these trades or not, so the lakers can get back to business and focus on winning rather than their job security.

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Kobe needs to shut his ignorant mouth. I think Pau's problems are more not knowing if he will ever get passed the ball over worrying about being traded. Kobe opens his stupid mouth after Mitch Kupchac said "...the likelihood is that this is the team that's going to finish into the playoffs." Pau needs to grow a pair and Kobe needs to shut up and pass the ball. He'd rather have a scoring title than a championship title. Shut your mouth and let management do their job.

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 02:54 PM

---

Exactly. Kobe is as crap of a gm as MJ. I was vehemently against resigning Derek Fisher and not matching Farmar's offer from the Nets. All time stupid. Just think how good they would be with Farmar.
Kobe needs to just shut his mouth and play, maybe pass the ball every once in a while and not blame management right after he gets 10 turnovers.

Of course he wants Fisher, that's his pg that only passes to him 25 ft away from the basket instead of going into the post when Gasol and Bynum have position and their defenders sealed.

shep33
02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Kobe needs to shut his ignorant mouth. I think Pau's problems are more not knowing if he will ever get passed the ball over worrying about being traded. Kobe opens his stupid mouth after Mitch Kupchac said "...the likelihood is that this is the team that's going to finish into the playoffs." Pau needs to grow a pair and Kobe needs to shut up and pass the ball. He'd rather have a scoring title than a championship title. Shut your mouth and let management do their job.

See I disagree. Gasol's shot's per game are actually exactly the same as last year and the most they've ever been with him as a Laker.

His fg% is down 3%, freethrow% down 3%.

Watching Laker games, the thing that is strange is that Pau gets the ball, but he's not his usual aggressive self some nights. I blame a lot of that on Brown's offense, but also on just Pau not taking advantage of his match ups. Something is wrong with him, he's getting the ball but is really passive.

CLASSOF72
02-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Pau does like to defer, touches are not his problem. Pau brought this issue on himself. I'd still like to keep Pau put him at the five and trade Drew if we could get a better deal that way.

LdotAdot
02-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Watching Laker games, the thing that is strange is that Pau gets the ball, but he's not his usual aggressive self some nights. I blame a lot of that on Brown's offense, but also on just Pau not taking advantage of his match ups. Something is wrong with him, he's getting the ball but is really passive.

I think poor play is a result of Brown's offense. It's hard for a pf not named Dirk to be aggressive offensively when most of their touches come near the 3-pt line. In addition, it's always Pau or Murphy setting that high screen but the designated offense does not have them roll to the basket which is stupid.

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 03:36 PM
See I disagree. Gasol's shot's per game are actually exactly the same as last year and the most they've ever been with him as a Laker.

Gasol does need to grow a pair, he has been more passive lately. But being in trade talks isn't a valid excuse. Before that it was relationship issues. He's as soft as a pillow and you're right, it seems to be getting worse. My biggest criticism of him is his defense, you can tell he's totally checked out for big chunks of time. But he does go long stretches where he doesn't get the ball, and it seems during those stretches is when he stops contesting shots and making defensive rotations. Gasol is a headcase.

LAKobeBryant
02-20-2012, 03:46 PM
kobe wants the 3 bigs to stay in place and just get a solid pg and good role players like miami. they got haslm to stay, battier, miller, all for less money to win

Hellcrooner
02-20-2012, 03:55 PM

Problem is if you could get a graphic of the spots where the shot attempts are being made you would have an answer to what IS REALLY happening.

and thats on mr Potato head.

LdotAdot
02-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Gasol does need to grow a pair, he has been more passive lately. But being in trade talks isn't a valid excuse. Before that it was relationship issues. He's as soft as a pillow and you're right, it seems to be getting worse. My biggest criticism of him is his defense, you can tell he's totally checked out for big chunks of time. But he does go long stretches where he doesn't get the ball, and it seems during those stretches is when he stops contesting shots and making defensive rotations. Gasol is a headcase.

I think Gasol's been doing just fine actually. Just look at the adv stats.

He barely gets any credit on this board. Funny how people call him soft (mentally and physically, I do admit he's a twig) but he doesn't ***** or demand **** when things don't go his way ala Sjax, Tmac, Felton and hosts of other players in the league. When you talk about soft, talk about how most players act like children when they should be acting like adults. Talk about that whack *** bravado players have today trying to start a fight over little fouls when people used to get clotheslined in the 80's and just accepted it as part of the game.

Anyway check the stats compared to Bryant and Bynum. He leads the team in Win Shares/48, Win Shares, right there with Bynum in DWS, and just ahead of Kobe in OWS.

<PRE>
Rk Player PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Pau Gasol 21.0 .542 .500 9.9 21.6 16.0 15.1 0.7 2.6 10.4 21.4 113 99 2.8 1.8 4.6 .193
2 Andrew Bynum 21.7 .568 .549 11.4 28.2 20.2 6.9 0.7 4.6 14.9 22.7 106 95 1.5 1.9 3.4 .175
3 Kobe Bryant 24.4 .530 .470 3.7 13.0 8.6 28.4 1.8 0.6 12.5 37.8 105 101 2.7 1.5 4.2 .168
</PRE>

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Mmm anytime we bring in roll players or players to play the position then they dnt pan out... smush, chucky, Peyton, mihm, the dude we traded for pau, odom, etc. The FO is waiting to get a allstar player because face it that's what the Owners do... if it wasn't for stern guys, we wouldn't have this problem! Stop blaming brown and cupcake and jimbo cuz our team would b set have a pg who can ball and stay in front of there man on defense... were waiting til a pg or a sf can fall in our hands...

Also all these farmar chants gtfoh with that! He was garbage for us after the Celtics smashed us... plus on top of that couldn't stay in front of the top pgs in the league whom of which were all in the west at that time... farmar is trash and so is anyone else who plays next to kobe and can't have the same output as him

shep33
02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Problem is if you could get a graphic of the spots where the shot attempts are being made you would have an answer to what IS REALLY happening.

and thats on mr Potato head.

This is very true. He's on the perimeter a lot and I blame Brown for that, he's a complete joke on what he's trying to do offensively.

I really wish we had a pg too, Pau and Bynum would get easier baskets, while Kobe wouldn't have to be our Pg, Sg, and backup Sg all at the same time lol.

But yeah, definitely on point withe Brown's offense sucking

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Being pushed around n being soft n acting childish are two dif things. Srry bud

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:14 PM
The problem is noones wants to trade wit us... n if they do.. the deal could actually turn out worst for us...

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Plus we gotta b smart cuz stern will veto any deal that would benefit is more

New Power House
02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Exactly. Kobe is as crap of a gm as MJ. I was vehemently against resigning Derek Fisher and not matching Farmar's offer from the Nets. All time stupid. Just think how good they would be with Farmar.
Kobe needs to just shut his mouth and play, maybe pass the ball every once in a while and not blame management right after he gets 10 turnovers.

Of course he wants Fisher, that's his pg that only passes to him 25 ft away from the basket instead of going into the post when Gasol and Bynum have position and their defenders sealed.

First,Fish was a typical PG for the triangle offense. Once Zen master was gone,he became a liability. This system is design for a true PG with the ability to pass and create his own shot. They got a very good trade,but you know the end of the story.
Now you are saying that Farmar would be the answer for this team?
Another case of desperation on your part. Lakers need a high caliber PG. Why because Kobe can not carry the team this year. The season is so damn short and demands a lot of minutes and back to backs that even the youngest teams are having trouble with it. Bynum needs a PG to be efficient and Gasol is the only chip to get us that. You should follow your own advice and let CUpcake do his job! Kobe can do whatever he wants according to your own views!:clap: He still the main pillar even with his last 10 mistakes!

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks new power house you get it! Lol n shep33 too

BigCityofDreams
02-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I think Gasol's been doing just fine actually. Just look at the adv stats.

He barely gets any credit on this board. Funny how people call him soft (mentally and physically, I do admit he's a twig) but he doesn't ***** or demand **** when things don't go his way ala Sjax, Tmac, Felton and hosts of other players in the league. When you talk about soft, talk about how most players act like children when they should be acting like adults. Talk about that whack *** bravado players have today trying to start a fight over little fouls when people used to get clotheslined in the 80's and just accepted it as part of the game.

Anyway check the stats compared to Bryant and Bynum. He leads the team in Win Shares/48, Win Shares, right there with Bynum in DWS, and just ahead of Kobe in OWS.

<PRE>
Rk Player PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Pau Gasol 21.0 .542 .500 9.9 21.6 16.0 15.1 0.7 2.6 10.4 21.4 113 99 2.8 1.8 4.6 .193
2 Andrew Bynum 21.7 .568 .549 11.4 28.2 20.2 6.9 0.7 4.6 14.9 22.7 106 95 1.5 1.9 3.4 .175
3 Kobe Bryant 24.4 .530 .470 3.7 13.0 8.6 28.4 1.8 0.6 12.5 37.8 105 101 2.7 1.5 4.2 .168
</PRE>

Not sure if you can answer this question but where does he rank league wide in advanced stats at his position and overall?

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Maybe those telling kobe to shut up n play are the same ones he's saying shut up n jus get sitting in ur lazy boy watching the lakers play horrible... or choose another team

New Power House
02-20-2012, 04:25 PM
This is very true. He's on the perimeter a lot and I blame Brown for that, he's a complete joke on what he's trying to do offensively.

I really wish we had a pg too, Pau and Bynum would get easier baskets, while Kobe wouldn't have to be our Pg, Sg, and backup Sg all at the same time lol.

But yeah, definitely on point withe Brown's offense sucking

His problem is that he defers his responsibility! He demanded more touches and he has not been showing the dominating persona hiding in there. He shows it once in a while when he becomes Gastrong,but he is very inconsistent. This team needs a high class pg nothing else. The LAkers will get a deal that does not compromise the future deal for either Howard or Dwill. Also remember that no team will willingly trade with us! Lakers will eventually make the move but who else is moving players? NO one!! The Orlando star game is holding everything. After that the musical chairs game will start! We all are tired of this wait,but it is what it is!:D

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Man when kobes gone who are the lakers gone have then? Lol keep hating n bashing kobe, cuz real fans know that when kobes gone its gonna b dark days with ur farmar/sessions/lowry at pg pau at pf and bynum at cntr lol

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Pau wasn't someone who could carry a team on his own... he used to ball up shaq everytime we played Memphis but other then that he's never carried a team yet you guys are on his nuts harder then kobe whose carried multiple teams...

New Power House
02-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Man when kobes gone who are the lakers gone have then? Lol keep hating n bashing kobe, cuz real fans know that when kobes gone its gonna b dark days with ur farmar/sessions/lowry at pg pau at pf and bynum at cntr lol

The band wagoners will be gone! That is for sure!
Buss will not let that happen! Lakers will not go that low!

Lakers have many assets:
Two first round picks
Two seven footers!
Puke,Barnes, Kapono,Troy,Ebanks,Goud's contracts gone next season. Puke's only one year,but he will retire as soon as the Lakers trade him for cap room! Same as Fish.
The amnesty!!
TE
one 2nd round pick

Worst case scenario:
Bynum
Kobe
PF (TE) or first round pick
SF First round pick or TE
new PG (HIGH caliber one)
Mc Rob
Goud
first round pick PG or sg
veterant or Barnes
Troy
Veterant
Meta gone and his contract used to on a good quality back up center.
I see so many combinations no room for panic!

LdotAdot
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Not sure if you can answer this question but where does he rank league wide in advanced stats at his position and overall?

Mmm couldn't really figure it out on BR how to sort by position. The only thing I found that was good was their league leaders page. They list only top 20 but towards the bottom of the page you'll see the advanced stat rankings.

I wish the table would have worked but they have Daniel Orton with 3 mins having a ridiculous WS up top.

But overall Gasol is 9th in WS, 16th in WS/48, 12th in OWS, 14th in DWS and doesn't make the top 20 in PER.

Hellcrooner
02-20-2012, 04:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qrjxc3

make this, use the Tpe on a Pg.
JOb done.

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 04:53 PM
^^ that's true... dr. Buss will come outta retirement before we hit rock bottom...

LdotAdot
02-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Do you lack reading comprehension? I made 2 distinctions about being considered soft, 1 physically soft and 2 mentally soft. On the physical note I conceded that he is a twig. Thus, by inference Pau isn't much of a banger against bigs around the league.

Secondly, on being mentally soft. When you're an adult and you act childish, you are mentally soft. Why you ask? Because when you lack the maturity to handle things as an adult and act like a child that quite obviously shows that people can get into your head. You'd rather cry than deal with it in a respectable manner. Ergo mentally soft.

Pau wasn't someone who could carry a team on his own... he used to ball up shaq everytime we played Memphis but other then that he's never carried a team yet you guys are on his nuts harder then kobe whose carried multiple teams...

Wait, am I missing something? Which team has Kobe carried to the promised land minus Shaq/Pau? Last time I checked Kobe on his own has never made it further in the playoffs than Pau on his own.

LdotAdot
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qrjxc3

make this, use the Tpe on a Pg.
JOb done.

Haha Chuck city...

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
First,Fish was a typical PG for the triangle offense. Once Zen master was gone,he became a liability. This system is design for a true PG with the ability to pass and create his own shot. They got a very good trade,but you know the end of the story.
Now you are saying that Farmar would be the answer for this team?
Another case of desperation on your part. Lakers need a high caliber PG. Why because Kobe can not carry the team this year. The season is so damn short and demands a lot of minutes and back to backs that even the youngest teams are having trouble with it. Bynum needs a PG to be efficient and Gasol is the only chip to get us that. You should follow your own advice and let CUpcake do his job! Kobe can do whatever he wants according to your own views!:clap: He still the main pillar even with his last 10 mistakes!

Fisher has been a liability for years, even during their championships. The only reason he can hit clutch shots is because he dragged the Lakers down into being close games. I would not have resigned him and I would have matched the offer on Farmar. Lakers would be right there with the Thunder if they had Farmar, and surely wouldn't have gotten swept last season.

Kupcake is in control, if he wasn't he would resign. If Jim was doing stuff he thought was so bad, he wouldn't stick around for it to look like him. Look who handles the media and talks about potential trades and signings: Mitch. And no shiv Captain Obvious, Kobe does whatever he wants, averaging 6 shots more than anyone else in the league and turning the ball over at an alarming rate. Kobe needs to shut up, be unselfish, and stop blaming others for his faults. Kobe blamed the team not practicing hard when he wasn't there at practice last season after they got swept. Mr. not able to score in the second half and couldn't guard Jason Terry.

Kobe = Brett

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Haha Chuck city...

Already is haha

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Do you lack reading comprehension? I made 2 distinctions about being considered soft, 1 physically soft and 2 mentally soft. On the physical note I conceded that he is a twig. Thus, by inference Pau isn't much of a banger against bigs around the league.

Secondly, on being mentally soft. When you're an adult and you act childish, you are mentally soft. Why you ask? Because when you lack the maturity to handle things as an adult and act like a child that quite obviously shows that people can get into your head. You'd rather cry than deal with it in a respectable manner. Ergo mentally soft.

Wait, am I missing something? Which team has Kobe carried to the promised land minus Shaq/Pau? Last time I checked Kobe on his own has never made it further in the playoffs than Pau on his own.

Right on :clap:

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:17 PM
A team of allstars in team usa.... a team with chucky atkins chris link n kwame brown to the playoffs and put up a decent fight to the opposing favorite to win it all in the suns back in the day... n if shaq dnt have kobe then whose to say he'd win another ring... he won one with d wade that's it... kobe won two more with someone who doesn't consistently show up unless kobe pumps him up? Really? Plus bynum(whose my boy) who was injured or never 100%... kobe professionally, mentally and physically have carried the lakers for the past 13 yrs ... cuz if u look at it this way lobe never been 100% the whole season either and has personal problems yet gives it his all every night... back during the rape scandal he had court the morning and game in the night ballin like a mad man not knowing if he'd b in jail or not.... but pau has girl issues and decides not to show up... well kobe jus lost 3that mansions and a **** load of money but playing like a mvp...

More clarity?

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Can I get a right on hand clap too yoda (wannabelakersfan01)lol jk man

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Chris mihm* kobe* 3 mansions*

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:21 PM
My bad looks like yoda as your avatar things but its stern n paul

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Kobes proved to do it with any decent big man that will show up... shaqs only one in wade...gasols only ones with kobe... if pau would show up more consistently in terms of reliance, then Yeh I wouldn't have a problem... but let's face it he's a headcase with the most value opposed to kobe... so in all likely hood he needs to go..

BigCityofDreams
02-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Mmm couldn't really figure it out on BR how to sort by position. The only thing I found that was good was their league leaders page. They list only top 20 but towards the bottom of the page you'll see the advanced stat rankings.

I wish the table would have worked but they have Daniel Orton with 3 mins having a ridiculous WS up top.

But overall Gasol is 9th in WS, 16th in WS/48, 12th in OWS, 14th in DWS and doesn't make the top 20 in PER.

Thanks for clearing that up I appreciate it.

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
I respectdnt him n thankful for the two titles... but Ron was to thank in the Celtics series... n having drew for some type of big man presence helped the lakers in the orlando series... paus the express that get us to the playoffs other players are the legs to walk us to the precise point of our destination

championships
02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Sounds to me that Kobe feels sorry for Pau. He probably sees him moping around the locker room.
Kobe is just saying 'Tell the man he is wanted here or trade him'.

The hate for this lifetime Laker legend by laker fans just blows my mind.

It's hard to believe that some Laker fans just sit here wait to pounce on Kobe every chance they get. I really don't get it.:confused:

Why no appreciation for a player who played a big role in 5 championships for your team? For a Man who has a pretty impressive, HOF, NBA resume, All while representing the L.A. Lakers!

Some fans out there haven't even witnessed 1 championship, with their favorite team, in their lifetimes

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:34 PM
I think well make the playoffs like the mavs did last yr... the FO Prlly told lamar "look were gonna trade you to dallas because fck fck cubana, plus u can focus on ur show n sabotage dallas... meanwhile well pick u back up via trade for nothing or free agency" lol

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Thank you championships ^^ its jus mind boggling to me the hate people have for kobe but when he hits that buzzer beater shot or key free throws its all praise kobe threads...

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Bulls fans dnt do this to mj! Lakers fans are jus spoiled. But atleast some recognize greatness when we see it n not making threads bout sessions farmar n rondo.. fck all 3.. garbage in my eyes... if we not getting dwill Paul curry lin rose Westbrook or bledsoe... then i dnt want em

LakersMaster24
02-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Kobe is just putting it up straight. He loves Pau but he also knows that a distracted Pau hurts his team. So he is telling the FA, either give me a focused Pau that doesnt have his mind elsewhere with all the trade rumors, or trade the man and give me someone else.

Pau is like in a middle of 2 cliffs right now. One cliff is the Lakers and the other is another team, Pau is right in the middle, not sure what to do. The FO has to do something QUICKLY before Pau falls and completely hits the ground!

LakersMaster24
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Tg_Ul7jiQc#! Great mix showing what Kobe brought to this franchise :)

RAIKERS2421
02-20-2012, 06:06 PM
^^ thanks alot man that was dope.. although I dnt see ming dunk, duncan and Robinson reverse dunk, or dunk over howard

kobebabe
02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Well, then get it done. the Sooner the better for the team

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 08:31 PM
What Kobe doesn't realize is that no trades are going to happen until March 1st, and blockbuster trades probably won't go down until Dwight lands somewhere.

lakers4sho
02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
jim is still trying to sell gasol to orlando

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
What Kobe doesn't realize is that no trades are going to happen until March 1st, and blockbuster trades probably won't go down until Dwight lands somewhere.

Kobe is just putting pressure on Jim's dumbass to make moves to put the Lakers back in title contention. Kobe is a smart man, he's playing the politics of the NBA very well.

shep33
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM

Probably.

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Kobe is just putting pressure on Jim's dumbass to make moves to put the Lakers back in title contention. Kobe is a smart man, he's playing the politics of the NBA very well.

Sounded more like him throwing a fit and cursing after committing 10 turnovers. I don't think the Lakers feel any more pressure one way or the other after he said that. Kobe said this right after Kupcake said that this is the team they will probably finish the year out with.

I'm tired of Paula's excuses. Just about everybody in the league knows that they could be dealt at the trade deadline. Gasol is making $18 million dollars, go out there and play hard. I wouldn't half *** play like Gasol in a pickup game, let alone in the NBA making $18 million dollars. Just shut up, play hard and smart, and stop making excuses.

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 08:44 PM
There is a reason why the Lakers didn't use their amnesty clause on Peace, Walton, or Blake this year. They're saving it just in case they want to waive the worst contract on the team...

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Sounded more like him throwing a fit and cursing after committing 10 turnovers. I don't think the Lakers feel any more pressure one way or the other after he said that. Kobe said this right after Kupcake said that this is the team they will probably finish the year out with.

I'm tired of Paula's excuses. Just about everybody in the league knows that they could be dealt at the trade deadline. Gasol is making $18 million dollars, go out there and play hard. I wouldn't half *** play like Gasol in a pickup game, let alone in the NBA making $18 million dollars. Just shut up, play hard and smart, and stop making excuses.

What you fail to understand is that Pau Gasol's arrival to Los Angeles changed the culture of Lakers basketball. 3 straight finals and 2 straight championships.

Hell, I even remember when the news broke of the trade on that heavenly Friday Feb. 1st, 2008, and Pau hadn't even wore a Lakers uniform yet, the Lakers were on the 2nd game of a 7-game East road trip in Toronto, and a revamped Kobe dropped 46 on the Raptors and the entire Lakers team showed the type of energy that was missing since Bynum went down in mid January 2008.

Pau changed the culture! He has a damn right to know what the hell is going on with him, especially after the nixed CP3 deal.

Laker management has not reciprocated the respect to Pau that Pau has brought respect to the Lakers organization.

Lake_Show2416
02-20-2012, 09:03 PM

bingo!

PF: Dwight Howard
C: Andrew Bynum

no1 will ever drive against us

duane v
02-20-2012, 09:07 PM
bingo!

I watched Dwight yesterday against Miami and he looked like complete ****.

duane v
02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
..... And Dwight isn't going to sign an extension with the Lakers. Even if Oralndo says yes to a Gasol trade, Dwight will be gone next season to the Clippers, because that's where Dwight will be going next season when the dust settles

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Bynum-Howard tandem just doesn't make sense to me basketball wise. One of those 2 bigs has to have the ability to hit a 10-15 foot jumpshot.

duane v
02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Bynum-Howard tandem just doesn't make sense to me basketball wise. One of those 2 bigs has to have the ability to hit a 10-15 foot jumpshot.

WERD

We barley have small forwards and guards that can hit a wide open 10-15 ft jump shot:facepalm:

championships
02-20-2012, 09:32 PM

Me neither.

If Pau and Bynum have trouble co-existing on the court, There is no way Howard and bynum can.

That would clog up the paint too much imo.

lakers4sho
02-20-2012, 09:56 PM

exactly

one side of me hopes that the FO is thinking about this so that they can move Bynum for a star PG, but the other side tells me that Jim is trying to hard so he can say that he got us Howard while still keeping his pet

looka09
02-20-2012, 10:08 PM
KevinDing If you're waiting to hear from Mitch Kupchak on Kobe's request
for closure regarding possible Pau
trade, Mitch will issue statement
shortly.

lakers4sho
02-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Mitch's response will be something like: "We're not actively seeking to trade any of our core players but we will at least consider any potential move to improve the team."

kblo247
02-20-2012, 10:46 PM
bingo!

They would drive all day by putting Andrew in high pick and rolls which he can't cover laterally. Dwight and Andrew is a ****ing mess. You can bet your *** that if they turned Pau into Dwight, Andrew would be gone on the first thing smoking for G/F play

lakersfan01
02-21-2012, 12:57 AM
What you fail to understand is that Pau Gasol's arrival to Los Angeles changed the culture of Lakers basketball. 3 straight finals and 2 straight championships.

Hell, I even remember when the news broke of the trade on that heavenly Friday Feb. 1st, 2008, and Pau hadn't even wore a Lakers uniform yet, the Lakers were on the 2nd game of a 7-game East road trip in Toronto, and a revamped Kobe dropped 46 on the Raptors and the entire Lakers team showed the type of energy that was missing since Bynum went down in mid January 2008.

Pau changed the culture! He has a damn right to know what the hell is going on with him, especially after the nixed CP3 deal.

Laker management has not reciprocated the respect to Pau that Pau has brought respect to the Lakers organization.

He's getting paid $18 million dollars this season, he has an obligation to give it his all every game!!!

We're not talking about 2009 and 2010 Pau, we're talking about the girl in 2008 finals, the girl versus the Mavs in 2011, and the girl that we have now. If he's not blaming his checked out sorry play on his girlfriend problems, he's blaming it on trade talks.

Almost everyone in the NBA could be traded at the deadline, and they're not whining about it. Shut up and earn your paycheck Paula.

MickeyMgl
02-21-2012, 03:26 AM

A lot of it is that a larger role for Bynum has forced a lot of Pau's shots to the perimeter. All things considered, I think Gasol has done pretty well this season.

MickeyMgl
02-21-2012, 03:40 AM

If you get pushed around, play as effectively in the post as Pau does, and you don't average 11 rebounds a game. He's been a very consistent rebounder over the years.

My definition of soft consists of a number of things. Does a player play smaller than his size? Does he rebound? Does he stay on the perimeter; does he avoid going inside on offense? Does he not finish with authority when he has the opportunity? Does he wither in big games?

I think Pau passes all these tests. There have been, and still are, many 7-footers in the NBA who preferred to stay outside and launch from the perimter, rather than going inside. Gasol is not one of them. He has a very good postup game. That he has finesse skills has nothing to do with it. He goes in there, and when he has the chance to finish strong, he does.

Last season's playoffs notwithstanding, the fact remains that he is championship tested, and the 2nd biggest on-court reason that the Lakers dominated over a 2-3 year stretch.

Gasol is not soft.

MickeyMgl
02-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Bynum needs a PG to be efficient and Gasol is the only chip to get us that.

How can you say that? He's the ONLY trade chip? Are you focused on All-Star PGs only? 'Cause seriously, if you have to trade one of your two best players in order to fill a hole in your team, then you're going to be in rebuilding mode all the time.

Mcdoh
02-21-2012, 04:06 AM
i think lakers should get a PG and fast.. then see if it will fix their problem before trading pau.. then if it works then we should keep pau.. if not then that is the only time they should start trading either pau or bynum..