PDA

View Full Version : Top Five Players in Getting Calls From the Refs

amos1er
02-19-2012, 07:06 PM
We all know there is favoritism in todays NBA. So I ask you all, in your honest opinion, rank the top five players in order based on favoritism from the refs. Here is mine:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Love
4. Wade
5. Rose

justinnum1
02-19-2012, 07:10 PM
the more superstars the better:)

LongIslandIcedZ
02-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Dirk was getting a lot of calls today.

But I understand the heat players being at the top. I'm still shocked that nobody on the heat has fouled out in like 80 games

justinnum1
02-19-2012, 07:16 PM

But I understand the heat players being at the top. I'm still shocked that nobody on the heat has fouled out in like 80 games

mostly becuase the role players dont play many minutes

tredigs
02-19-2012, 07:21 PM
What a stupid ****ing thread.

Lakers + Giants
02-19-2012, 07:23 PM
I have to be honest. I'm not saying kobe is getting punked by the refs at all it's just that the refs are treating him like any other non star player. Calls are being called as if he were any other player (just like it should be for all players including stars). Therefore people who put kobe in the top five are basing it on the star calls he used to get 2+ years ago. . cuz this year refs have been calling him fairly.

To answer the question:

1. CP3
2. Durant
3. Lebron
4. Dirk
5. Griffin

BSardogan
02-19-2012, 07:27 PM
We all know there is favoritism in todays NBA. So I ask you all, in your honest opinion, rank the top five players in order based on favoritism from the refs. Here is mine:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Love
4. Wade
5. Rose

Soo... basically... you just named 5 of the top scorers in the NBA right now... Should I inform National Security about this or what?

NY007
02-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Lebron, Durant, Wade, Dirk, Rose

Cubsfan365
02-19-2012, 07:28 PM
There's no way Rose should be on any of these lists. Plain and simple.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-19-2012, 07:34 PM
1)Lebron
2) Wade
3) Durant
4) Cp3
5) Rose

ThunderousDemon
02-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Soo... basically... you just named 5 of the top scorers in the NBA right now... Should I inform National Security about this or what?

There isn't any reason that you have to like a jerk.

KnicksR4Real
02-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Dirk?

BSardogan
02-19-2012, 07:39 PM
There isn't any reason that you have to like a jerk.

Deep thoughts right there, bro.

SportsFanatic10
02-19-2012, 07:40 PM
haha the laker fans making lists without kobe on them. just cuz he can't really get to the basket anymore doesn't mean he doesn't get plenty of calls.

b@llhog24
02-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Any list without Griffin is just wrong.

ACanadian
02-19-2012, 07:43 PM
LeBron
Rose
Dwhistle (Wade)
Kobe
K.D

Lakers + Giants
02-19-2012, 07:45 PM
haha the laker fans making lists without kobe on them. just cuz he can't really get to the basket anymore doesn't mean he doesn't get plenty of calls.

Laker fans? It's only been me. and LMAO a heat fan *****ing about star calls? Lebron and Wade get way more calls than Kobe it's not even funny. The laker team as a whole does get a lot of calls in their favor a few games here and there but not to the same level as miami. Watch the laker games, all you see is kobe *****ing and whining cuz he doesn't get the calls he was so used to getting.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 07:49 PM
I could care less to rank them, but I will say I couldn't be happier that the NBA got rid of the rip-thru. You can still sell a shooting foul by creating contact, but now I don't have to watch Durant and K-Mart get 6 free throws a game for no ****ing reason.

SportsFanatic10
02-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Laker fans? It's only been me. and LMAO a heat fan *****ing about star calls? Lebron and Wade get way more calls than Kobe it's not even funny. The laker team as a whole does get a lot of calls in their favor a few games here and there but not to the same level as miami. Watch the laker games, all you see is kobe *****ing and whining cuz he doesn't get the calls he was so used to getting.

you and the op. where did i ***** about star calls lol? all i said is the op excluded kobe and has an agenda basically to make kobe look good like he doesn't get the calls when we all know he does. wade and lebron belong on the list but so does kobe plain and simple.

Dade County
02-19-2012, 07:52 PM

lol.... whatever man

amos1er
02-19-2012, 07:53 PM

If you base it off of how many shot attempts Kobe takes, he really isn't getting hooked up by the refs...he gets to the line 7.6 times per game...but he takes 23.9 shots per game. Kevin Love is not really a back to the basket type of player, he takes a lot of 3's and jump shots, yet he gets to the line 9 times per game on only 17.9 shot attempts. I would say that Kevin Love is getting the red carpet treatment this season. I would also say that Dirk should be an honorable mention on my list.

justinnum1
02-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Kobe would get the calls if he wasn't taking low % fade aways all game

29$JerZ
02-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Today was a shining example of how great an actor Dirk is

Pretty much whoever leads the league in FT attempts get these calls.

Lakers + Giants
02-19-2012, 07:56 PM
you and the op. where did i ***** about star calls lol? all i said is the op excluded kobe and has an agenda basically to make kobe look good like he doesn't get the calls when we all know he does. wade and lebron belong on the list but so does kobe plain and simple.

Like i said, kobe if anything has been treated like a regular NBA player, he should be in the top 10 list maybe but not this top 5 list.

Lebron, Wade, Rose, Dirk, Durant, CP3 and Griffin all get more calls than him. plain and simple.

topdog
02-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Love may be shooting the most free throws (or at least making the most), but I feel like it's not favoritism but rather the amount of activity he puts forth down low. There are a lot of non-calls too.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 07:57 PM

Kobe does not get the same treatment as Lebron and Wade...not even Kevin Love. Kobe averages the most shot attempts in the league, yet does not get to the line nearly as much as Lebron. I know that he takes more jumpers, but its pretty ridiculous when you look at the numbers...

Lebron: 9.2 FTA on 18.5 FGA

Kobe: 7.6 FTA on 23.9 FGA

Kobe attempts five more field goals per game, yet Lebron gets to the line 2 more times than him....there is just a little more to this than the fact that Kobe takes more jumpers.

Lakers + Giants
02-19-2012, 07:57 PM

Yes he would, but you're proving my point, kobe taking more stupid shots and attacking the rim less = less star calls.

chong2204
02-19-2012, 07:58 PM

Or D-Wade just putting his head down and running into people and getting the call...

topdog
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
If you base it off of how many shot attempts Kobe takes, he really isn't getting hooked up by the refs...he gets to the line 7.6 times per game...but he takes 23.9 shots per game. Kevin Love is not really a back to the basket type of player, he takes a lot of 3's and jump shots, yet he gets to the line 9 times per game on only 17.9 shot attempts. I would say that Kevin Love is getting the red carpet treatment this season. I would also say that Dirk should be an honorable mention on my list.

So? He drives off of ball fakes and continually is battling inside for rebounds after establishing good position. That is a recipe for legitimate free throws.

Not to mention the fact that the Wolves often have the other team in the penalty mid-way through quarters meaning that any foul thereafter the Wolves are getting a free ride to the charity stripe.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Like i said, kobe if anything has been treated like a regular NBA player, he should be in the top 10 list maybe but not this top 5 list.

Lebron, Wade, Rose, Dirk, Durant, CP3 and Griffin all get more calls than him. plain and simple.

Don't forget about Kevin Love...Its pretty ridiculous how much love (no pun intended) he is getting from the refs this season. 9 FTA on 17.9 FGA. He is alomst getting the same treatment as Lebron James and he is a jump shooting big man who only averages 46% from the field.

SportsFanatic10
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Kobe does not get the same treatment as Lebron and Wade...not even Kevin Love. Kobe averages the most shot attempts in the league, yet does not get to the line nearly as much as Lebron. I know that he takes more jumpers, but its pretty ridiculous when you look at the numbers...

Kobe attempts five more field goals per game, yet Lebron gets to the line 2 more times than him....there is just a little more to this than the fact that Kobe takes more jumpers.

kobe hardly goes to the rim anymore and still almost gets as many fts

topdog
02-19-2012, 08:01 PM

Not really. I will agree that I think superstars who drive and flail get too many calls but Kobe takes a lot of jumpshots whereas Lebron, Wade, Rose drive a lot. Kevin Love is always battling inside... See the theme - inside play = more foul calls = more free throw attempts.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
So? He drives off of ball fakes and continually is battling inside for rebounds after establishing good position. That is a recipe for legitimate free throws.

Not to mention the fact that the Wolves often have the other team in the penalty mid-way through quarters meaning that any foul thereafter the Wolves are getting a free ride to the charity stripe.

I'm sure he goes to the hole from time to time, but he takes the same amount of three pointers that Kevin Durant does, and more than Lebron James and he is getting to the line more than Durant per shot attempt and in general, and about the same as Lebron. He only shoots 46% from the field for crying out loud...he is not a conventional PF who primarily relies on his post up game.

topdog
02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Don't forget about Kevin Love...Its pretty ridiculous how much love (no pun intended) he is getting from the refs this season. 9 FTA on 17.9 FGA. He is alomst getting the same treatment as Lebron James and he is a jump shooting big man who only averages 46% from the field.

Do you actually watch him play? It really seems like you don't.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 08:05 PM
kobe hardly goes to the rim anymore and still almost gets as many fts

Look at the field goal attempts bro. Kobe takes five more per game and still gets to the line less. I did acknowledge that Lebron goes to the rack more, but that still doesn't make up for the disparity in numbers. Kobe may shoot more jumpers than Lebron, but Kobe does still go to the rack a good amount...a lot of the time is is blatantly hacked with no call...Lebron on the other hand, crab dribbles and gets very little contact and he'll still get the call.

topdog
02-19-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm sure he goes to the hole from time to time, but he takes the same amount of three pointers that Kevin Durant does, and more than Lebron James and he is getting to the line more than Durant per shot attempt and in general, and about the same as Lebron. He only shoots 46% from the field for crying out loud...he is not a conventional PF who primarily relies on his post up game.

He also is second in the league in rebounds and near the tops in offensive rebounds. He'll tip the ball at the rim 2 or 3 times before it goes in or a foul is called (sometimes on him) If he takes 4 3pters a game, so what? That doesn't mean he sits out on the perimeter and waits for foul calls.

VinceCarter
02-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Any list without Griffin is just wrong.

This. Griffin gets so many calls because he is a big man version of the Actress. This is why I can't respect him he plays like a *****.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Do you actually watch him play? It really seems like you don't.

I've seen him a few times...he only shoots 46% from the field, takes 4.5 3's per game, and gets to the line nearly as much as Lebron James...something is wrong there.

topdog
02-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I've seen him a few times...he only shoots 46% from the field, takes 4.5 3's per game, and gets to the line nearly as much as Lebron James...something is wrong there.

You don't know what you're talking about. The T-Wolves game is about to start. Why don't you watch and actually see where those stats come from.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 08:13 PM
This. Griffin gets so many calls because he is a big man version of the Actress. This is why I can't respect him he plays like a *****.

Griffin should get an honorable mention as well. He is def in the top ten along with Dirk.

justinnum1
02-19-2012, 08:15 PM

seriously? lol...how many fg attempts at the rim lebron vs kobe? if kobe is taking fadeaways all game long its hard to draw a foul...

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 08:16 PM

watch Love play more. He is a foul drawing machine. Always has been. He creates contact all over the floor, and gets fouled a ton on put backs.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-19-2012, 08:17 PM
lol.... whatever man

Brilliant retort. The fact still stands.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 08:18 PM

I think you need to freshen up on your stats buddy. Those are not the top five scorers.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 08:19 PM
seriously? lol...how many fg attempts at the rim lebron vs kobe? if kobe is taking fadeaways all game long its hard to draw a foul...

Maybe you need to watch Kobe play more...lol.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 08:21 PM
watch Love play more. He is a foul drawing machine. Always has been. He creates contact all over the floor, and gets fouled a ton on put backs.

Even taking the put back into account, he is still getting a lot of calls from the refs. Kobe creates contact all over the floor too, yet he does not get the same treatment. We all know that certain players get different treatment from the refs....It's just a fact in today's NBA.

BSardogan
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
5 of the top scorers, not The top 5 scorers. Also I know you left out Kobe, but I won't waste any of my nor your time by elaborating on that, as others have already done that for us.

Let's just keep it at this: It's not exactly front-page news that stars get star-treatment. Especially none of the guys on your list, as 4 of the 5 ppl on there are superstars that like to attack the rim.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
5 of the top scorers, not The top 5 scorers. Also I know you left out Kobe, but I won't waste any of my nor your time by elaborating on that, as others have already done that for us.

Let's just keep it at this: It's not exactly front-page news that stars get star-treatment. Especially none of the guys on your list, as 4 of the 5 ppl on there are superstars that like to attack the rim.

Some get unjustly more than others...hence the top five on my list. Who is your top 5?

meloman1592
02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
1A-Kevin
1B-Durant
2-Wade
3-Lebron
4-Kobe
5-The Spurs

Fnom11
02-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Depends on what you mean. I mean Lebron Wade Durant Dirk Howard CP3 Blake and a lot more get a lot of foul calls and most of the time they earn them...

If were doing it based solely on people who get calls that actually weren't fouls I'd say its:
1.CP3
2.Dirk
3a.Wade
3b.Rose
4.Durant
5.Lebron

CP3/Dirk flop constantly and it's despicable. Wade yells and gets a call here and there as well as Rose slightly jerks his body when he's in the air and gets a call(also despicable on both counts). Durant I does a little of all the gay stuff to draw fouls. As for Lebron if he misses a layup/dunk it's usually called a foul.

Teeboy1487
02-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Dirk
Lebron
Wade
Durant
Kobe

Teeboy1487
02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
1A-Kevin
1B-Durant
2-Wade
3-Lebron
4-Kobe
5-The Spurs

I agree with this too.

BSardogan
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
If I would want to make this topic any interesting I'd select non-all stars only. In that case Kevin Martin would be somewhere up there, along with Crawford.

If I would merely focus on who gets calls way too easily, I'd go with a Griffin, Durant, Wade, Nowitzki and LeBron sort of list. Just my 2 cents. Doesn't change the fact I find this a bit of a Tell us something new pls-sort of thread.

gotoHcarolina52
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Rose
Lin
Westbrook
Paul
Griffin

BSardogan
02-19-2012, 08:50 PM
^ Still too funny to see lists like that. Thank God it's not another one of ESPN's "Who would you build your team around" sort of list this time.

sunsfan88
02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Is this thread about who's best at drawing contact and getting to the FT line?

amos1er
02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Is this thread about who's best at drawing contact and getting to the FT line?

No its about the NBA's bias towards certain players when it comes to dishing out foul calls.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Rose
Lin
Westbrook
Paul
Griffin

No Lebron???

MrfadeawayJB
02-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Ginoboli has to be on the list. But Durant is clearly #1, you cant even breathe on the guy

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Even taking the put back into account, he is still getting a lot of calls from the refs. Kobe creates contact all over the floor too, yet he does not get the same treatment. We all know that certain players get different treatment from the refs....It's just a fact in today's NBA.

Love creates a ton of contact. Honestly, this is easily one of the dumbest things to argue. Stars get calls, especially stars that create tons of contact. That is how it works.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 11:20 PM
its sounds like a lot of whining in here, when you guys are trying to defend your player, while attempting to crap on another. Stars in the NBA get calls, especially the ones who FORCE refs to blow their whistle. I can't believe this isn't well known. You can ***** all you want about whether Kobe or LeBron or Durant or Love get more calls then the other guy, but certain players play certain ways, which force refs to make a call. When the whistle is blown, stars getter the better end of the deal in almost every case.

Can you move on now?

Sactown
02-19-2012, 11:28 PM
I really don't think Lebron gets as many calls as you guys think to think are unfair... He
s 6'8 250+ pounds flying into the lain.. bull **** players are just tapping him as he goes up... he actually gets hit pretty hard and just out muscles the other players.

DChibes
02-19-2012, 11:30 PM
D-Rose has no business being in this discussion. He goes to the rack and get clobbered without getting a call more than anyone in the league. He deserves more respect than that.

My top 5 would be:

LeBron
Kobe
Howard
Wade
Durrant

DChibes
02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I really don't think Lebron gets as many calls as you guys think to think are unfair... He
s 6'8 250+ pounds flying into the lain.. bull **** players are just tapping him as he goes up... he actually gets hit pretty hard and just out muscles the other players.

I agree..I hate LeBron but he is great at drawing contact and finishing. The guy is a force to the rack.

ramz.n
02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
1. kobe
2. lebron
3. wade
4. dirk
5. dwight with durant getting close at # 6

netsgiantsyanks
02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
jeremy lin.

amos1er
02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
1. kobe
2. lebron
3. wade
4. dirk
5. dwight with durant getting close at # 6

lol... Kobe at #1. WOW I don't think the league hooks the Lakers up at all. Didn't Stern just **** us with the whole CP3 debacle. Its obvious that the league goes out of their way to screw us every chance they get.

Kobe: 7 Free Throw attempts per game on 24 field goals per game

Lebron 9 Free Throw attempts per game on 18 field goal attempts.

Don't really see how you can think Kobe gets more call than Lebron. Maybe your bias is clouding your judgement.

GottaLoveCubs
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM
D-Rose has no business being in this discussion. He goes to the rack and get clobbered without getting a call more than anyone in the league. He deserves more respect than that.

Absolutely! We all know Rose is ALWAYS driving to the lane. He is currently at 5.7 FTA per game. Which is 16th in the NBA. For a PG who is always driving, that is not a lot of free throws a game.
For the guy who compared FTA to FGA. Rose is at 17 shots a game. Lebron is at 18.5 and gets to the line 3.5 more times a game...
So again, don't even think of listing Rose on a list that gets star calls.

CHANGO
02-19-2012, 11:52 PM
lol... Kobe at #1. WOW I don't think the league hooks the Lakers up at all. Didn't Stern just **** us with the whole CP3 debacle. Its obvious that the league goes out of their way to screw us every chance they get.

Don't really see how you can think Kobe gets more call than Lebron. Maybe your bias is clouding your judgement.

Kobe - 5.0 3pointers per game
Lebron - 2.0 3poointers per game

Who attacks more the basket? Who goes 1 vs 2 or 3 in fastbreaks like 3 times a game? Who shots more jumpers? There you go...

Lakers + Giants
02-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Dwight?!?! LMAO. He gets punished and doesn't get fouls called and then he just breaths on someone and gets called for a foul just because he is so huge. Refs expect him to take more punishment cuz he is bigger. Refs treat dwight extremely unfair TBH.

llemon
02-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Kobe

gotoHcarolina52
02-20-2012, 12:01 AM

Who attacks more the basket? Who goes 1 vs 2 or 3 in fastbreaks like 3 times a game? Who shots more jumpers? There you go...

And the Laker homer goes :burn:

naps
02-20-2012, 12:02 AM

Kobe is a selfish chucker. He wouldn't get 7.6 times a game if some of those were not superstar calls.

Sota4Ever
02-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Love should not be on this list. I wish he would get more calls to go his way. He gets hammered down low.

naps
02-20-2012, 12:11 AM

No no no but Kobe got 5 rings and LeBron none...:facepalm:

Gators123
02-20-2012, 12:12 AM
If Rodney Stuckey was a star he would probably average about 15 FT's PG :laugh2:

Hes attempted 48 FT's in his last 4 games.

CHANGO
02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
No no no but Kobe got 5 rings and LeBron none...:facepalm:

:laugh:

But Kobe gets more calls braaahh...

CHANGO
02-20-2012, 12:48 AM
BTW...

Kobe Bryant
Shots at rim: 3.3
3-9 Feet: 3.4
10-15 feet: 3.9
16-23 feet: 8.4
3pointers: 4.9
Total: 23.9

Lebron James
Shots at rim: 6.7
3-9 Feet: 2.0
10-15 feet: 1.7
16-23 feet: 6.2
3pointers: 2.0
Total: 18.6

OA SLAY
02-20-2012, 01:10 AM
1-lin
2-lin
3-lin
4-lin
5-lin

Method28
02-20-2012, 01:21 AM
How can ppl claim cp3 and his 3.8 fts a game? Lol
Damn laker fans.

THE MTL
02-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Kobe Bryant (even on those low% fades he gets his calls)
Dwayne Wade (refs just love him)
Paul Pierce (u better not graze him)
Dirk Nowitiski (fake bobble head movements he does all the time)
Lebron James (i personally dont see it, but the statistics are obvious)

Honorable mention:
Danilo Galllinari - I didnt want to just name only superstars. But even as a Knick fan, I noticed the amount of calls he gets with his bobble head movements.

THE MTL
02-20-2012, 01:31 AM

I've been reading your argument and ppl have already told you the difference in types of shots both guys are taking....

You sound SIMPLE! If you really going to simplify who gets more calls over something stupid like this stat u keep posting. You clearly dont know basketball.

BillyHoyle35
02-20-2012, 01:43 AM
How can ppl claim cp3 and his 3.8 fts a game? Lol
Damn laker fans.

just because one does not get free throws does not mean they get calls.
not every call is a shooting foul you know...

xILLN355
02-20-2012, 01:59 AM
clippers and heat

Young2Kinsler
02-20-2012, 02:04 AM
People saying Dirk crack me up. He isn't even top 30 in the league in FTA per game. Dirk is the least respected superstar in this league, hands down. Especially for someone coming off a great championship run. Say I'm crazy if you want, but I truly think a good portion of it is because he is white and is successful farther away from the rim.

bearsfan123
02-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Derrick Rose does not calls other mvps get

xILLN355
02-20-2012, 02:36 AM
People saying Dirk crack me up. He isn't even top 30 in the league in FTA per game. Dirk is the least respected superstar in this league, hands down. Especially for someone coming off a great championship run. Say I'm crazy if you want, but I truly think a good portion of it is because he is white and is successful farther away from the rim.

he hasnt been attacking the rim like he was in the finals bro. he gets the calls in his mid range game

Young2Kinsler
02-20-2012, 02:58 AM
he hasnt been attacking the rim like he was in the finals bro. he gets the calls in his mid range game

Does he get a few calls? Sure he does. but to even be in the conversation for top 5 is a joke. Like I said, most under appreciated and respected star to maybe ever play the game

Crackadalic
02-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Kobe Bryant (even on those low% fades he gets his calls)
Dwayne Wade (refs just love him)
Paul Pierce (u better not graze him)
Dirk Nowitiski (fake bobble head movements he does all the time)
Lebron James (i personally dont see it, but the statistics are obvious)

Honorable mention:
Danilo Galllinari - I didnt want to just name only superstars. But even as a Knick fan, I noticed the amount of calls he gets with his bobble head movements.

Gallo has that herky jerky move he does when he gets fouled( or not fouled)

smiddy012
02-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Anyone who said Rose is ********.

JJ_JKidd
02-20-2012, 03:48 AM
1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Lebron
4. Wade
5. Lebron

DodgerBulls
02-20-2012, 04:00 AM
LOL at Rose being the fifth on the list. Obviously, the OP doesn't know how the refs loves Derrick eversince he got drafted. I can name more than a dozen player who gets more FTA than him in seconds.

Cfrey
02-20-2012, 04:03 AM
did i really see a lakers fan in this thread say Love gets more love from the refs than kobe?

im done

GottaLoveCubs
02-20-2012, 11:06 AM
LOL at Rose being the fifth on the list. Obviously, the OP doesn't know how the refs loves Derrick eversince he got drafted. I can name more than a dozen player who gets more FTA than him in seconds.

15 more actually. Rose is 16th in FTA per game. For a guy who drives all day long its a joke.

Vincent
02-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I think people forget that Corey Magette and Carmelo Anthony are still in the league.

Those two get the most bump fouls ever.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
For Knicks fans who are complaining about Dirk:

As much as I love Jeremy Lin, he flops and falls more than anyone I have seen and he got away with many travels last night and got "star" calls.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-20-2012, 02:16 PM
And to Knicks, Dirk is 29th in the league in FTA... Tyson Chandler gets more FT than him...

smiddy012
02-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I MUST re-itterate!

Anyone who has Rose in their top 5 is simply an assumptive ignoramous! Watch the guy play game after game, MUCH more often will he not get the call than get a call he didn't deserve.

Stan The Man
02-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I MUST re-itterate!

Anyone who has Rose in their top 5 is simply an assumptive ignoramous! Watch the guy play game after game, MUCH more often will he not get the call than get a call he didn't deserve.

Absolutely. How many times when I watch Rose do I see people hacking his arms, head or shoulders when he drives. How could people put him in the top 5 list of getting the benefit of calls versus not getting the calls. Simply, people don't watch the games is my assumption. :facepalm:

D1JM
02-20-2012, 03:45 PM
you know people are talking out of their *** when they put rose in this list.

jerellh528
02-20-2012, 03:48 PM
1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Lebron
4. Wade
5. Lebron

:clap:

quade36
02-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Kobe gets a ton of calls

Hawkeye15
02-20-2012, 05:01 PM
omg Wolves fans, chill out. Love gets star calls every night. Does he get hammered? Yes. But he throws himself into people, and STILL gets the whistle. He got a star call to end the game last night. Stop protecting him so hard. Love FORCES the refs to make a call, and since he is an all star last year, again this year, has a rep for drawing fouls, he gets the benefit of the doubt 90% of the time.

Every star who is aggressive will get more calls their way than they should in a neutral environment. Get over it.

EaglePride615
02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
dirk gets a lot of calls, because of the way he plays.

well at least he did in the playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Jordan should be first of all time. That dude could cut somebody's head off with a machete and run down the court with the ball in hand and dunk and some how he'd end up on the free-throw line shooting for a foul that was committed against him.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Jason Kidd is actually the best at getting calls to go his way, but that's because he's a vet and he knows how to actually DRAW fouls and knows enough to reason with officials with a cool-head and get them to watch the plays he's got a problem with.

Rockice_8
02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
1. Lin
2. Griffin
3. Lebron
4. Durant
5. Wade

Philly 4 Life
02-20-2012, 05:56 PM
According to NBA.com, (#1 is Brooke Lopez but he has played 1 game). Top 5 FTA per game.

2 Dwight Howard , ORL 10.9 (FTA per game) 349 (FTA for year)
3 LeBron James , MIA 9.1 (FTA per game) 283 (FTA for year)
4 Kevin Love , MIN 8.9 (FTA per game) 268 (FTA for year)
5 Kobe Bryant , LAL 7.7 (FTA per game) 240 (FTA for year)
6 Carmelo Anthony , NYK 7.4 (FTA per game) 162 (FTA for year)

AnthonyTyrael
02-20-2012, 06:11 PM
People saying Dirk crack me up. He isn't even top 30 in the league in FTA per game. Dirk is the least respected superstar in this league, hands down. Especially for someone coming off a great championship run.

I don't know if he's the least respected but he is perhaps among those few. Anyway, there is some truth in this. I think ppl are listing him now, as said before and hinted, due to the calls he gets mostly during the postseason.

JJ_JKidd
02-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Jason Kidd is actually the best at getting calls to go his way, but that's because he's a vet and he knows how to actually DRAW fouls and knows enough to reason with officials with a cool-head and get them to watch the plays he's got a problem with.

I remember that Woodson thing lol. But if FT attempts are to be the basis, I dont think he is even in the top 20 based on the earlier post.

ManRam
02-20-2012, 10:14 PM
again...

stars don't get calls simply BECAUSE they're stars...they get them because they have the ball in their hands so much, they are great at creating their own shots/breaking down defenses...which puts pressure on those defenses, and they know how to draw contact. the fact is, LeBron, Durant, Wade, Rose, Bryant etc. should always be in the top 10 in fouls drawn, not because they're simply stars...but because they know how to draw them. it's what makes them stars that gets the foul calls, not just that they are stars.

do you think refs think "hey, that's lebron, let me be nice to him". i doubt it. there might be minimal bias, but i can't imagine it being significant.

if those guys the OP listed shouldn't be getting all the calls they do, who should be leading the league in FT attempts, fouls drawn, etc.?

mavwar53
02-20-2012, 10:21 PM
This is a stupid thread, why not just list the top 5 players in FT/G

Fnom11
02-20-2012, 10:42 PM
again...

stars don't get calls simply BECAUSE they're stars...they get them because they have the ball in their hands so much, they are great at creating their own shots/breaking down defenses...which puts pressure on those defenses, and they know how to draw contact. the fact is, LeBron, Durant, Wade, Rose, Bryant etc. should always be in the top 10 in fouls drawn, not because they're simply stars...but because they know how to draw them. it's what makes them stars that gets the foul calls, not just that they are stars.

do you think refs think "hey, that's lebron, let me be nice to him". i doubt it. there might be minimal bias, but i can't imagine it being significant.

if those guys the OP listed shouldn't be getting all the calls they do, who should be leading the league in FT attempts, fouls drawn, etc.?

The way I see it is someone like Lebron, nearly an unstoppable at the rim type of player, misses a layup or dunk they assumed he got fouled. And to be honest it's 9/10 times true. He's just so god damn strong it usually doesn't affect him.

ghettosean
02-20-2012, 10:55 PM
1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. CP3
4. Rose
5. Griffin