PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Denver-New York stat now?

NYSpirit1
02-19-2012, 05:07 PM
ESPN and every other outlet when the Knicks were 8-15 and the Nuggets 15-8 loved running the "Nuggets have been 33-12" since Melo was traded and Knicks have been "20-28" or something since Melo was traded.

Knicks are 16-16 and the Nuggets are 17-14. I haven't seen that stat run once since Lin started playing with the Knicks. It's kind of funny they don't want to run that stat both ways, because the Nuggets aren't playing well at all and that stat was shoved in everyone's face for the first part of the season.

Teams like the Nuggets, 76ers, Pacers and Jazz were way overachieving and people were making a big deal of it -- but now they are all starting to lose and teams like the Heat, Bulls, Lakers, Mavs, Spurs and Knicks are starting to gain momentum and rise to the top.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM
what does that have to do with anything? It was always brought up due to Melo being the big fish traded. He hasn't even played during the Knicks streak, so the point of bringing it up now is null and void. Lin wasn't part of that trade.

Not sure why you would want vindication for the way the Knicks have been playing. Nobody on the planet, including Jeremy Lin, thought much of him before Mike D realized Bibby was a corpse and put Lin in because the Knicks were slipping into nothing.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM
How many wins has Melo contributed to in this run lately? Come on man, I'm a Knick fan and can see what the haters are gonna start saying. This thread was a big mistake and will turn into a Melo hate fest. Good job.:rolleyes:

RC3
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
They do have gallo injured. Still give it 20 more games to see the result of the trade.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
I will say this though, Gallo was being way overhyped this year. He's the same inconsistent player he was on the Knicks.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:14 PM
They do have gallo injured. Still give it 20 more games to see the result of the trade.

Gallo isn't a difference maker, lol. He's a role player at best. Lin will make Melo go into beast mode, but to have this thread when Melo hasn't been a part of the Knicks winning streak is idiotic.

Hawkeye15
I will say this though, Gallo was being way overhyped this year. He's the same inconsistent player he was on the Knicks.

his PER was way higher than ever before, his WS/48 were higher, and his assist % was a ton higher. He was playing his best ball this year.

BklynKnicks3
people are clowns when knick when its a library

THE MTL
what does that have to do with anything? It was always brought up due to Melo being the big fish traded. He hasn't even played during the Knicks streak, so the point of bringing it up now is null and void. Lin wasn't part of that trade.

Not sure why you would want vindication for the way the Knicks have been playing. Nobody on the planet, including Jeremy Lin, thought much of him before Mike D realized Bibby was a corpse and put Lin in because the Knicks were slipping into nothing.

But you have to understand that without the Melo trade there would be no Jeremy Lin on the Knicks.

Melo trade opened up a gapping hole at center, then Knicks fixed that with Tyson Chandler, which opened up a gapping hole at point guard which made the Knicks sign him in the first place.

And then if I wanna stick to your argument. What about Denver? Gallinari is the only player of significance that is even playing for them that is from the Knicks. Chandler in China, Felton in Portland, Mozzy just started playing. minutes.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Gallo isn't a difference maker, lol. He's a role player at best. Lin will make Melo go into beast mode, but to have this thread when Melo hasn't been a part of the Knicks winning streak is idiotic.

Melo is a ball stopper. Not sure how he will help Lin play as well as he has.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:16 PM
his PER was way higher than ever before, his WS/48 were higher, and his assist % was a ton higher. He was playing his best ball this year.

Role player, nothing more.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:18 PM

LOL Melo a ball stopper is so overrated. He was averaging 4 assists this year. I hope Melo does get a lot of shots, because he's one of the most talented players in the game. "Ball stopper" or not.

Devils05
02-19-2012, 05:18 PM
To be fair the Knicks are 10-12 with Melo and 6-4 without him including the current 6-1 Melo-less streak. So technically the argument of a team being better without Melo still holds

Slimsim
02-19-2012, 05:19 PM
this thread should be close

bholly
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
It isn't that hard to look up, OP:

Knicks with Melo: 24 - 25
Nuggets without Melo: 35 - 21

Those are the stats you're looking for, right?

JWO35
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Jeremy Lin is of course going to get all the attention for obvious reasons...the only reason the whole "Melo W/L" hasn't been brought up recently is because of two things
1. Jeremy Lin
2. Melo hasn't contributed to the wins this past 2 weeks.

Sure, you can say the Melo trade had indirectly somehow opened it up for Lin, but at the end of the day the trade will be judged on how the Knicks play with Carmelo & how the Nuggets play without Carmelo.

jp611
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Interesting how the Knicks started winning when Melo was out huh?

Sadds The Gr8
02-19-2012, 05:22 PM
who cares? Melo hasn't played during the winning streak...

davids22
02-19-2012, 05:24 PM
That stat doesn't include Melo. The Knicks are winning because of Lin, not because of Melo. How many of those wins has Melo contributed to?

And Denver is NOT overacheiving. They are a TEAM. It would not surprise me if they made it to the WCF.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-19-2012, 05:25 PM

can't wait for knicks vs sixers somebody have to win the division...lol

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 05:25 PM
who cares, and No way Bholly it has to be more games then that?. Anyway galo is more then a role player strahan dont be bitter, he is a good player. Melo isnt a ball stoper lets wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 05:27 PM
But you have to understand that without the Melo trade there would be no Jeremy Lin on the Knicks.

Melo trade opened up a gapping hole at center, then Knicks fixed that with Tyson Chandler, which opened up a gapping hole at point guard which made the Knicks sign him in the first place.

And then if I wanna stick to your argument. What about Denver? Gallinari is the only player of significance that is even playing for them that is from the Knicks. Chandler in China, Felton in Portland, Mozzy just started playing. minutes.

The point is, I don't get why this is even being brought up at this point, when so many of the parts that were involved in the trade aren't even playing right now. The Knicks traded a ton of mid tier talent (too much imho) to get a star who needs the right pieces around him. Kudos to the Knicks for clearing so much capspace to lure LeBron, that they were able to sign Stat, and still have space to absorb Melo by sending everything they had outbound, signing Chandler, and hitting the jackpot in a PG that nobody cared about. I am not giving that much credit to the Knicks front office on Lin, nobody knew about him. I am happy for Knicks fans they are experiencing some success finally, but I am a bit annoyed at opening the NBA forums and seeing 10 threads on the Knicks and all related things. You guys wonder why so many can't stand the Knicks fans, its because of this. Creating threads after every single positive thing that happens, looking for vindication, instead of just enjoying what is going on like a fan should.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 05:28 PM

never said he was a star, but please don't think he isn't playing far better this year then at any time in NY.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:29 PM
who cares, and No way Bholly it has to be more games then that?. Anyway galo is more then a role player strahan dont be bitter, he is a good player. Melo isnt a ball stoper lets wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks

Not bitter at all. I see the same inconsistent 30 points one night 8 points the next two nights guy. He's not that good, sorry. And I will gladly tune in the next few weeks, when Melo is averaging over 30 points per game with Lin getting him the ball in key spots. The Knicks are winning because a star PG fell in their laps, not because Melos out. Melo coming back will only make them even more dangerous.

Chronz
02-19-2012, 05:31 PM

Thats so far removed from the POINT of the trade that even if your right, it wouldn't change anything. Lin has nothing to do with Melo.

Yup, just like the only reason the Rockets let Lin go was because they traded for PGs, guess you can thank them for your Success.

Wait you can actually take this back further, the only reason the Knicks have Lin is because of Stern. It was his veto that prevented the Rockets from needing him. See how ridiculous this process is, the point of the Melo criticism isnt saved by Lins emergence, if anything it only makes Melo look worse.

LOL so you can play 8 degrees of separation with the Knicks roster but the Nuggs lost Felton for nothing huh. B gone

ManningToTyree
02-19-2012, 05:31 PM
why is this a thread?

bholly
02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
can't wait for knicks vs sixers somebody have to win the division...lol

Don't rule Boston out, they're right in there.

Chronz
02-19-2012, 05:33 PM

Elite championship caliber players can be more valuable than flawed stars, so whats your point here?

fingerbang
02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
LOL, both the Nuggets AND the Knicks have been better without him.

Chronz
02-19-2012, 05:35 PM

Not bitter at all. I see the same inconsistent 30 points one night 8 points the next two nights guy. He's not that good, sorry. And I will gladly tune in the next few weeks, when Melo is averaging over 30 points per game with Lin getting him the ball in key spots. The Knicks are winning because a star PG fell in their laps, not because Melos out. Melo coming back will only make them even more dangerous.
Watch him more often bro, hes been killer. Think beyond Pts and you will understand what I'm talking about.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Elite championship caliber players can be more valuable than flawed stars, so whats your point here?

I can make two points with this comment, Melo is not a flawed star and Gallo sure as he11 isn't an elite Championship player.

tredigs
02-19-2012, 05:36 PM

Clowned.

OP, you do realize Carmelo hasn't been playing during this entire stretch, correct?

I can make two points with this comment, Melo is not a flawed star and Gallo sure as he11 isn't an elite Championship player.

Oh, you poor thing...

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 05:39 PM

you can't possibly believe this.

WickedBadMan
02-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Lol at players being credited for a teams success because trading for said player resulted in them getting another player who actually contributed to success.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:41 PM
you can't possibly believe this.

Uh, lemme think for a second, hmmmm. Uh, yeah I do.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Novak is averaging 14 PPG since playing with Lin. I repeat, STEVE NOVAK! I can't wait to see Lin and Melo play together.

bigmac8675
02-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Oh Knicks fans... always making me laugh.

But seriously.... the Nuggets got the better of that trade for sure!

Chronz
02-19-2012, 05:43 PM

You could definitely try

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Uh, lemme think for a secone, hmmmm. Uh, yeah I do.

Well, its obvious you have a difficult time evaluating players. I will leave it at that, you don't appear to be worth the time debating with the two big misses you already have in this thread on player evaluation.

xILLN355
Uh, lemme think for a second, hmmmm. Uh, yeah I do.

:facepalm: ........knick fans lmao. blinded by biased opinions

THE GIPPER
Are you serious OP? Have you seen all the injuries the nuggets have had to key players recently? Look at their record before those injuries.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Novak is averaging 14 PPG since playing with Lin. I repeat, STEVE NOVAK! I can't wait to see Lin and Melo play together.

because he is a role player who lets shots come to him instead of forcing offense?

Evolution23
02-19-2012, 05:47 PM

Melo will do what ever it takes to win.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Hate to say it but why did the Knicks bother going after Melo? Should of kept them guys instead of trading for Melo. Then the other cap space sign Amar. You guys would of had a more balanced team. Now its looking lame for you guys. 3 big contracts and rest are on rookie deals or vet minimum. Cant build a championship team like that! Look at Miami missed out last year. Look at the boring lousy Bucks! We are lousy but still managed to beat a ton of top teams and were still gonna have a lottery pick. This could be gravy!

bholly

yeah, just like he always has.

xxplayerxx23

Nodoubt melo will make the knicks better and more dangerous, But galo is averaging 17 ppg On a team that is deep. He is there MVP, Look at what there doing without him, he has not been inconsitant, go look him up again.

Mudvayne91
Another worthless thread from the OP. Well done, you are very consistent.

Hustla23
02-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Why is this guy even allowed to make threads?

All he literally does is make stupid threads and never responds to anything.

Please just either permaban him or close all his threads.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Melo is horrible! He crippled the Knicks soon as they traded for him! Heck Delfino alone got Melo kicked from a game. Melo is a punk. Good luck trading him. Yuck. Good luck Knick fans! lmao

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Melo is horrible! He crippled the Knicks soon as they traded for him! Heck Delfino alone got Melo kicked from a game. Melo is a punk. Good luck trading him. Yuck. Good luck Knick fans! lmao

Lol melos horrible yet he is better by far then any player the bucks, have lol good luck not making the playoffs for the next 5 years

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 05:53 PM
This topic should of been locked right from the start! Knick fans get everything in a up roar cause they sign Lin off the waiver wire! Big deal. Signing him will make you guys in luxury tax big time with a MLE. Good luck to you guys. lol Still remember the day Andrew Lang broke Ewing's wrist.

THE GIPPER
02-19-2012, 05:54 PM

Are you serious???? Then why does he never play D??

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 05:55 PM
lol you make no sense, But i do agree it should be closed

strahan92osi72
Well, its obvious you have a difficult time evaluating players. I will leave it at that, you don't appear to be worth the time debating with the two big misses you already have in this thread on player evaluation.

Good, because I don't feel like debating an issue that is so obvious to me. I don't have to defend him, Melo has proven himself as a superstar in this league. I'll continue to let his game winning shots do the talking.

xxplayerxx23
Are you serious???? Then why does he never play D??

this year he has played slightly above average defense,

Mudvayne91
02-19-2012, 05:56 PM
The funny thing is while the Nuggets started to lose, Gallo and Mozgov have been hurt. Chandler has been playing overseas. While the Knicks have started to play well, Melo has been out and Jeremy Lin has been beasting it. So pretty much, this guy's argument is completely worthless.

oak2455
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Why is this guy even allowed to make threads?

All he literally does is make stupid threads and never responds to anything.

Please just either permaban him or close all his threads.

100% on the money.....Like Lin:eyebrow:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Lol melos horrible yet he is better by far then any player the bucks, have lol good luck not making the playoffs for the next 5 years

I read the Knicks forums you guys are ready to trade Melo! Dont ***** foot around me like that. Denver gutted you guys out! Good for Denver!:clap:

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 06:01 PM

the problem is, he has never done this before, so I don't believe you.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 06:03 PM
I read the Knicks forums you guys are ready to trade Melo! Dont ***** foot around me like that. Denver gutted you guys out! Good for Denver!:clap:

Yea they gutted us of role players that have now been replaced, they can have them, because I'd do that trade over again 100x. Oh, and a Buck fan talking trash, really? Worry about your own team full of holes guy.

THE GIPPER
the problem is, he has never done this before, so I don't believe you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOfxSCjM4ms

WHATEVER IT TAKES

MILLERHIGHLIFE
Melo didnt look at that great against the Bucks. Delfino got him teed up. lol Melo is way over priced! Heck I could pull Glenn Robinson out of retirement and he out shoot Melo any day of the week!:clap:

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOfxSCjM4ms

WHATEVER IT TAKES

Hahaha, brilliant. How about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM3vFs-DcSg

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CK4uVVb37Q&feature=related

And this one:

Oops, I meant this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2NUolEGsB8

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Yea they gutted us of role players that have now been replaced, they can have them, because I'd do that trade over again 100x. Oh, and a Buck fan talking trash, really? Worry about your own team full of holes guy.Jennings alone beats the Knicks! I read your guys game thread vs Bucks. I know. That's even with no Bogut. Beside we will add another lottery pick and have cap space. While you guys tied up with 3 guys and a bunch of fillers cause that's all ya can do. Other then seep into the luxury tax any little signing you do. The new Lin contract alone will keep you guys in the luxury tax.:facepalm:

THE GIPPER
02-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Hahaha, brilliant. How about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM3vFs-DcSg

And this one:

And this one:

Oops, I meant this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2NUolEGsB8

And this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCJXYbBB7w

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Jennings alone beats the Knicks! I read your guys game thread vs Bucks. I know. That's even with no Bogut. Beside we will add another lottery pick and have cap space. While you guys tied up with 3 guys and a bunch of fillers cause that's all ya can do. Other then seep into the luxury tax any little signing you do. The new Lin contract alone will keep you guys in the luxury tax.:facepalm:

LOL yeah sure, Jennings. Hahaha, Bogut. Two decent players. Keep holding out hope for your team being a competitor, the Knicks would smoke you now.

NYKnicks4511
02-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Loved JR today, 6-16 from the floor is honestly what we're going to get most nights from him. You take the bad with the good, but he's definitely a huge upgrade over Billy Walker. He had nice active hands today as well, I look forward to seeing how he and Melo play, given they had a little camaraderie in Denver.

strahan92osi72
02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
And this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCJXYbBB7w

And this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgE63F4bY6M

THE GIPPER
02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Loved JR today, 6-16 from the floor is honestly what we're going to get most nights from him. You take the bad with the good, but he's definitely a huge upgrade over Billy Walker. He had nice active hands today as well, I look forward to seeing how he and Melo play, given they had a little camaraderie in Denver.

No he's normally much better actually. I've always thought he's a little underrated as far as efficiency and decision making.

dtmagnet
02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
people are clowns when knick when its a library

Is that a real sentence?

IgglesFanInCO
02-19-2012, 06:18 PM
the success or lack there of both teams right now has nothing to do with the trade, the nuggets havent had ANY of the pieces they got playing for them since theyve been losing (Chandler in China, Gallo, Mozgov injured) and melo hasnt been playing either, this thread is bad and you should feel bad

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 06:18 PM
LOL yeah sure, Jennings. Hahaha, Bogut. Two decent players. Keep holding out hope for your team being a competitor, the Knicks would smoke you now.Yeah sure? Its already a "W" in our winning column.

Crackadalic
02-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Close this thread. No good can come from it. We'll see how this works when Melo comes back and isnt injured like he has all season

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-19-2012, 07:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

knick fans crack me up...lol

THIS.. has nothing..NOTHING at all to do with the nuggets.. lin dident come from there..lmfao

fact os the matter is this... knicks best player right now is some random asian they got lucky the played and dident cut like every other team. also.. knicks somehow are worse with melo (im a huge melo fan..and im still saying that.)

ALSO nuggets dont have any star..at all...knicks have melo..stat and tyson aint too shabby...lol..and with lin there playing like a borderline all star..yea knicks should be wwwaayyyy ahead of the nuggets in the wins section...lol

SportsFanatic10
02-19-2012, 07:48 PM
lol well the knicks are starting to look good i think many of their fans are getting carried away and are setting themselves up for a big disappointment come the playoffs. thursday will be interesting though.

Sinestro
02-19-2012, 08:14 PM
PSD=Knicks Forum 2.0

Evolution23
02-19-2012, 11:07 PM

lol

xILLN355
02-19-2012, 11:13 PM
lol