PDA

View Full Version : Report: Stephen Jackson wants out of Milwaukee

Fresno
02-19-2012, 02:47 AM
It was abundantly clear even then that Jackson, whom the Bucks acquired from Charlotte last June and was expected to be a key piece to the Bucksí puzzle this season, wasnít on the same page with Skiles. Now, a month later, Jacksonís relationship with Skiles seemingly has disintegrated. In an interview with Rod Burks of Channel 4 (NBC) in Milwaukee, Jackson said: ĎWe donít have no relationship like Iíve had with other coaches and I donít expect to have one. Too much stuff has happened.í

Considering the strained relationship and Jacksonís limited playing time and productivity, itís a given the Bucks will try to unload Jackson before the March 15 trading deadline. That wonít be easy, though. Jackson is being paid $9.2 million this season and is guaranteed $10 million next season. Thatís a lot of money for a 33-year-old reserve player.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/stephen-jackson-on-scott-skiles-we-dont-have-no-relationship/

He talks more about wanting out here:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/stephen-jackson-doesnt-see-a-future-in-milwaukee

aztr0
02-19-2012, 02:51 AM
I don't think anyone is surprised by this...

Knicks21
02-19-2012, 03:03 AM
He wanted out of Milwaukee as soon as he got there.

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Knicks or Clippers.

VCaintdead17
02-19-2012, 03:07 AM
When's the last time Stephen Jackson actually enjoyed playing basketball?

gotoHcarolina52
02-19-2012, 03:10 AM
If he's bought out, Lakers, Knicks or Magic

SACNYY
02-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Knicks or Clippers.

oh ya lol

kingsdelez24
02-19-2012, 03:23 AM
He'll probably get traded for hedo and a pick just to appease dwight...

Id give them salmons back for him

SACNYY
02-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Id give them salmons back for him

That'd be sweet. But he'd just want out lol.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Luke Walton and Ron Artest.

DerekRE_3
When's the last time Stephen Jackson actually enjoyed playing basketball?

He loved playing with Gerald Wallace. :shrug:

KB-Pau-DH2012
Lakers trade 8.9M TPE and a second round pick to Charlotte, Charlotte sends the expiring 9M contract of Boris Diaw to MIL, and the Lakers send Morris, Ebanks and a 1st rounder to Milwaukee for Stephen Jackson.

Gritz
02-19-2012, 03:31 AM
buyout

Fresno
02-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Lakers trade 8.9M TPE and a second round pick to Charlotte, Charlotte sends the expiring 9M contract of Boris Diaw to MIL, and the Lakers send Morris, Ebanks and a 1st rounder to Milwaukee for Stephen Jackson.

Doesn't work.

You cant combine contracts with the TPE.

The player's salary being acquired has to fit into the TPE.

xxcubs22xx
02-19-2012, 03:37 AM
Captain Jack is the embodiment of a clown. I couldn't take him serious when he first signed with the Bucks.

Lakerfrk
02-19-2012, 03:41 AM

Can't this happen without the Lakers dealing Morris, Ebanks and a 1st?

Cant it be:

Lakers get: Stephen Jackson
Bucks get: Boris Diaw
Bobcats get: Trade exception (or Ron Artest + Ebanks) If MJ is still interested in Ron. ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-19-2012, 03:47 AM
Doesn't work.

OK, then Lakers trade Morris and Ebanks to Milwaukee for a future 2nd rounder.

Lakers then trade that 2nd rounder with the TPE to Charlotte for Boris Diaw.

Then, the Lakers trade the recently acquired Boris Diaw and package him with a 1st rd pick to Milwaukee for Stephen Jackson.

Same thing, just will take 2 or 3 transactions to make the pieces work. If you do it this way, everyone gets the same assets.

Bobcats get the TPE and a 2nd round pick

Bucks get expiring Diaw along with young guys in Morris and Ebanks and a first rounder

Lakers get Captain Jack!

hgtiger32
02-19-2012, 03:56 AM
id take a box of donuts for jax

shep33
02-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Don't know why the Bucks would take on Hedo's deal... Furthermore, Hedo + Wisconsin Cheddar= Overweight Hedo for the rest of his career

latinofire21
02-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Doesn't work.

Well what if the Bucks agreed to cover the portion of the salary that wasnt covered by the TPE? Would it work then?

Fresno
02-19-2012, 05:40 AM
OK, then Lakers trade Morris and Ebanks to Milwaukee for a future 2nd rounder.

Lakers then trade that 2nd rounder with the TPE to Charlotte for Boris Diaw.

Then, the Lakers trade the recently acquired Boris Diaw and package him with a 1st rd pick to Milwaukee for Stephen Jackson.

Same thing, just will take 2 or 3 transactions to make the pieces work. If you do it this way, everyone gets the same assets.

Bobcats get the TPE and a 2nd round pick

Bucks get expiring Diaw along with young guys in Morris and Ebanks and a first rounder

Lakers get Captain Jack!

Problem is Diaw's salary doesn't fit in the Lakers $8.9 Million TPE for Odom.

Diaw just happens to make $9 Million. Pretty ironic.

Well what if the Bucks agreed to cover the portion of the salary that wasnt covered by the TPE? Would it work then?

No.

The TPE basically allows the Lakers to take on any salary that replaces Odom's. Another team cant cover a portion of a players salary in a trade, but they can work on a buyout if the player also is willing to forfeit money.

bringinwood
02-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Why the hell would the Lakers want Stephen Jackson ???

I'd rather stick with Metta World Peace ( never gets old )...

Jackson, who is seriously and drastically declining, is 33 and plays bad defense...

World Peace, at least, can still still cover a solid wing...

abe_froman
02-19-2012, 06:05 AM
lakers or magic

Cano-Montero...
02-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Why not just make it Walton and Ebanks for Jackson? both guys expire on the same year and captain jax makes more money...

HeaTxRipZz
02-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Captain Jack is the embodiment of a clown. I couldn't take him serious when he first signed with the Bucks.

He was traded to the Bucks from the Bobcats who he was also traded to from GS

MackShock
02-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Can you name a team he didnt want out of..

omdigga
02-19-2012, 10:13 AM
shocker.

arkanian215
02-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Nets need a healthy small forward. We have zero on our roster right now. Looking at Balkman right now but I'd prefer Jax if he's cheap.

29$JerZ
02-19-2012, 10:27 AM
He'd be perfect for NY in all honesty
I don't see him getting bought out though

tcav701
02-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Does anybody think he wont be on the Magic?

todu82
02-19-2012, 10:55 AM
No surprise really. Jackson's personality is that of someone who wants to play for a winner.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
He'll probably get traded for hedo and a pick just to appease dwight...

Id give them salmons back for himDoubt it! Bucks not taking on lousy contract of Hedo. Has to be Redick and Orton or we can just amnesty Jackson this summer. Or Jackson to Lakers for scrub Walton and either of the first's the Lakers have. That trims like $4M off our payroll next year. Or maybe the Nets offer up Farmer and scrub Petro. Or Jackson to Clippers for Mo. Or 3 way where Bucks send Jackson to Clippers send Mo to Lakers and Bucks get Odom TPE. Wolves could use a sg. But its not a good idea to have Jackson with there young players. He's already corrupting Jennings already.:facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 11:03 AM
fields TD and a 2nd for jackson ? :P

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 11:10 AM
fields TD and a 2nd for jackson ? :PSalaries dont work.

tcav701
02-19-2012, 11:10 AM
fields TD and a 2nd for jackson ? :P

This is only gonna help the Knicks make the playoffs but does not help them long term.

Fields is a solid role player that can do everything decent. and the pick could be anything.

Plus JR Smith will fill SJax role and wont complain coming off the bench.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Bucks could try and pry away Gasol from the Lakers. Jennings,Jackson and Udrih for Gasol,Ebanks,Morris,Goudelock. Could sub out Udrih for Gooden but Gooden is out with a wrist injury. But Gooden contract is long doubt Lakers want him. Udrih makes a little more per season then Gooden but Udrih has a player option next year and hinted he might opt out cause lack of playing time.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 11:16 AM
This is only gonna help the Knicks make the playoffs but does not help them long term.

Fields is a solid role player that can do everything decent. and the pick could be anything.

Plus JR Smith will fill SJax role and wont complain coming off the bench.

Well Im not sure, fields isnt bad at all no doubt, I think having jackson who can still play start at the 2 or come off the bench, Would make the team deeper, he can stiill knock down the jumpshot and he shouldhave plenty of good looks but I doubt this would ever happen just threw it out there

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Salaries dont work.

As a bucks fan is that fair return? i dont think NY has a bad salary besides the big three to throw in there

tcav701
02-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Well Im not sure, fields isnt bad at all no doubt, I think having jackson who can still play start at the 2 or come off the bench, Would make the team deeper, he can stiill knock down the jumpshot and he shouldhave plenty of good looks but I doubt this would ever happen just threw it out there

I agree.

What I am saying is you already got what you just explained in JR Smith.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I agree.

What I am saying is you already got what you just explained in JR Smith.

true but you can always use more of them when you have melo and amare getting doubled, the ball always finds a way to jeffries hands 15 feet away :( I think we could use him and smith one off the bench one to start and still have baron and shumpert and novak off the bech

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 11:22 AM
As a bucks fan is that fair return? i dont think NY has a bad salary besides the big three to throw in there

Due to Knicks being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Knicks had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here. This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Due to Knicks being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Knicks had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here. This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

who else would have to be added? I was saying value wise lets say cap had nothing to do with it would that be fair value?

tcav701
02-19-2012, 11:28 AM
true but you can always use more of them when you have melo and amare getting doubled, the ball always finds a way to jeffries hands 15 feet away :( I think we could use him and smith one off the bench one to start and still have baron and shumpert and novak off the bech

But why trade Fields for a guy that wont help them long term?

I am not a Heat or Bull fan but the Knicks even with SJax are not comming out of the East this year.

Lin is going to take doubles away from Melo/Amare, I wouldn't throw another piece into that chemistry puzzle.

And Jax is a very inefficient scorer, not good for a 4th option who needs the ball to be his best.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Jackson to Knicks wont happen. They dont have salaries that match other then Chandler. Would take like 8-9 other bottom feeders on your roster to make it work salary wise. Then Bucks would have to waive some of them cause were at 14 players to begin with then Knicks would have to sign a bunch of d-league street free agents to fill out the roster. Which wont happen cause you guys be way over the luxury tax when all said and done. So Knicks wont be going after Jackson at all.

KB24PG16
02-19-2012, 11:55 AM
he would be a greater starter for la but mitch wont do it

TMcC801
02-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Sjax wants to ride D12's sac all the way to a championship. This dude has been turd and now feels like he has the leverage to get out and end up where he wants. This dude should be traded away for scraps and picks to one of the worst teams in the league so he has no chance at even sniffing a championship trophy. He hasnt earned ****, just another ego-driven pantie waste NBA player who thinks because he is freinds with some of the best players in the world, that he is one of the best players in the world.

Tmath
02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
To the Bucks: J.Bayless, L.Barbosa, S.Alabi & 2012 2nd rd pick

To the Raptors: B.Jennings & S.Jackson

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Bucks/Raptors are bad trading partners in any talks of Jennings shipped out. That offer you proposed doesn't do anything for the Bucks.

HouRealCoach
02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
He wants to play for a contender and if he's bought out hw should go to Chicago imo

Tmath
02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Bucks/Raptors are bad trading partners in any talks of Jennings shipped out. That offer you proposed doesn't do anything for the Bucks.

The Bucks should be looking to blow that team up.

That trade gives you 3 expiring contracts & a pick.

All Milwaukee is giving up is two players who don't even want to be there. You can overvalue Jennings all you like but in reality he isn't that much better then Bayless.

crewfan13
02-19-2012, 12:42 PM
^^^Then why do you want to trade for him, if Bayless is just as good. Jennings never really said he wants out. He's said that when his rookie contract is up, he will look at all his options, and that he'll consider large market teams. Ultimately when its all said and done, the Bucks will probably be given more money than other teams will if he really is overvalued by us. Do you think he's the kind of person who would turn down a larger contract just to go to a larger market? Probably not.

And if the Bucks are looking to blow up the team, they can still build around Jennings, who's still young. If they give him some younger, more athletic players and an offensively friendly coach, he will be able to develop nicely.

homestarunner93
02-19-2012, 12:43 PM
He never really wanted to leave Charlotte in the first place.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Expiring contract are nice. But to use Jennings to get it done? No thanks. Bucks still have the amnesty clause for worse case scenario to get rid of Jackson.

Tmath
02-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Expiring contract are nice. But to use Jennings to get it done? No thanks. Bucks still have the amnesty clause for worse case scenario to get rid of Jackson.

I doubt the Bucks will use the amnesty clause, just like the Raptors. Why would teams like Milwaukee or the Raptors want to pay a player that won't be playing for them, it doesn't make sense from the owners standpoint unless your using it to bring in a star type talent.

The Bucks are better off trading Jackson so they at least get something in return for him. The problem is, he has a terrible contract so you would be better off packaging him with a player like Jennings to get something decent in return.

Lake_Show2416
02-19-2012, 01:18 PM
SJax is so annoying, all he cares bout is money & himself, he constantly wants to get traded

smith&wesson
02-19-2012, 01:26 PM
metta world peace and filler for s.jackson.

ChitownSports16
02-19-2012, 01:28 PM
He wants to play for a contender and if he's bought out hw should go to Chicago imo

no thanks...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Buck are $6M under the cap next year before signing draft picks. Also another $10M scratched if Jackson is amnestied. Then another $7M scratch if Beno opts out which has been a rumor cause lacking playing time. $23M to play with besides 10 players under contract and two picks. Beside our first is a lottery pick. Nice offseason and a healthy Bogut.

Tmath
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Buck are $6M under the cap next year before signing draft picks. Also another $10M scratched if Jackson is amnestied. Then another $7M scratch if Beno opts out which has been a rumor cause lacking playing time. $23M to play with besides 10 players under contract and two picks. Beside our first is a lottery pick. Nice offseason and a healthy Bogut.

As I said I doubt Jackson will be amnestied, he is more likely to be traded, I doubt Beno will get $7mil elsewhere so there is a good chance he picks up his option and Bogut & healthy shouldn't go in the same sentence.

Seems like a lot of hope on your side, you could very well end up with with your original $6m when its all said and done.

Now if the trade that I suggested happened you would be guaranteed around $17mil in cap space.

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2012, 04:31 PM
I can't really see anyone wanting to trade for him. The Bucks may choose to just buy him out and get rid of the distraction. He would have some value to teams then.

KnicksR4Real
02-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't think NY can even afford him. Can they?

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 05:01 PM
"Stephen Jackson wants out of...."

Hear it every time he goes somewhere. He is poison, nobody should bother with him. Reminds me of the primmadonna WR's in the NFL. The second their game slips to avearge, they are gone. Not worth the headache.

JayW_1023
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
He should join the only franchise which has kept that ego in check and helped earn him a ring.

crewfan13
02-19-2012, 06:10 PM
I doubt the Bucks will use the amnesty clause, just like the Raptors. Why would teams like Milwaukee or the Raptors want to pay a player that won't be playing for them, it doesn't make sense from the owners standpoint unless your using it to bring in a star type talent.

The Bucks are better off trading Jackson so they at least get something in return for him. The problem is, he has a terrible contract so you would be better off packaging him with a player like Jennings to get something decent in return.

Yea but three expiring contracts and a secound rounder isn't something decent for a team like Milwaukee. If we were a team who legitimately have a shot at a super star, then maybe trading our best young asset for expirings makes sense, but not in the Bucks case.

I understand your point, that we probably need to add something else to make Jackson more attractive, but it won't be Jennings for a couple expirings and a second rounder.

As I said I doubt Jackson will be amnestied, he is more likely to be traded, I doubt Beno will get $7mil elsewhere so there is a good chance he picks up his option and Bogut & healthy shouldn't go in the same sentence.

Seems like a lot of hope on your side, you could very well end up with with your original $6m when its all said and done.

Now if the trade that I suggested happened you would be guaranteed around $17mil in cap space.

Beno has already said he'll strongly consider opting out of his contract. He is very disappointed with his playing time, and wants to go somewhere where he can get 25+ minutes a night. I wouldn't be surprised if he would take a little less money to actually play. He seems like the kind of person who would do that.

I know Bogut is hurt a lot, but he's also had a lot of freak accident injuries. Besides his back, which usually causes him to miss a couple games here and there, most of his injuries aren't from being injury prone, its from being unlucky. Everyone who lands like he did on his elbow would get hurt. Every 7 footer who weighs around 300 lbs is going to break their ankle when they land on someones foot. I'm still not sold on him being "injury prone" in a sense of a guy like Oden, who frequently is injured do to structural damage in ligaments and tendons.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Still cracks me up with Knicks fans come up with trades for players barely making a million dollars then trade them for Jackson. Go to trade checker or trade machine! The main bulletin says keep it real and close salary wise! Yet some fans think they get players for free. Jackson is garbage but still cost $9M.

Tmath
02-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Yea but three expiring contracts and a secound rounder isn't something decent for a team like Milwaukee. If we were a team who legitimately have a shot at a super star, then maybe trading our best young asset for expirings makes sense, but not in the Bucks case.

I understand your point, that we probably need to add something else to make Jackson more attractive, but it won't be Jennings for a couple expirings and a second rounder.

Beno has already said he'll strongly consider opting out of his contract. He is very disappointed with his playing time, and wants to go somewhere where he can get 25+ minutes a night. I wouldn't be surprised if he would take a little less money to actually play. He seems like the kind of person who would do that.

I know Bogut is hurt a lot, but he's also had a lot of freak accident injuries. Besides his back, which usually causes him to miss a couple games here and there, most of his injuries aren't from being injury prone, its from being unlucky. Everyone who lands like he did on his elbow would get hurt. Every 7 footer who weighs around 300 lbs is going to break their ankle when they land on someones foot. I'm still not sold on him being "injury prone" in a sense of a guy like Oden, who frequently is injured do to structural damage in ligaments and tendons.

If Jennings is traded like in my trade proposal I made earlier, Beno won't be complaining about playing time, he could start for you guys until his contract is up or until you find another PG. I wouldn't get your hopes up on him opting out as I said he probably won't be getting $7mil anywhere else, so I doubt he opts out.

This is another trade that might be better for you guys. Not sure if Portland would like the deal though.

To Milwaukee: N.Batum, R.Felton & L.Barbosa

To Portland: S.Jackson, B.Udrih & E.Davis

To Toronto: B.Jennings & W.Mathews

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Tmath your Raptor trades are so one side in your favor man. lol

crewfan13
02-19-2012, 06:29 PM
As the Bucks I'd consider that trade, but it sucks for Portland, and miller is right, the raps would be making a killing in that deal. You be getting up two players who are definately better than the two players you give up.

Also, its not like Beno is a huge part of our future plans. We aren't going to trade Jennings just so Beno doesn't want to opt out.

utl768
02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
trade him to the lakers so he and artest can reunite in the stands

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Some of these people need to get real. First the Knicks think they can trade like $3M for $9M salary. Its not gonna happen. Then the Raptors have a wet one for Jennings yet they will offer up a second rounder and craptors platter.

Tmath
02-19-2012, 06:52 PM
^

Your not going to get many good offers for Stephen freaking Jackson.

What do you expect to get for him?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Bucks will tell him to sit at home for worse case scenario.

Tmath
02-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Bucks will tell him to sit at home for worse case scenario.

Teah thats smart, pay him $20mil while he sits at home for the next 2 years. :rolleyes:

Southsideheat
02-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Report: NBA wants out of Stephen Jackson.