PDA

View Full Version : Top ten pgs this season?

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Was just talking about this would like to here what you guys think so far this year whos your top 10 pgs?

dacreator101
02-18-2012, 08:55 PM
No 1 will agree but I think Mario Chalmers.. from last year to this year is a big diffrence

justinnum1
cp3
rose
nash
westbrook
parker
williams
rondo
curry
lawry

Hawkeye15
This season? Without going into too much research:

Paul
Rose
Parker
Lowry
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo
DWill
Lawson
Rubio

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 08:56 PM
No 1 will agree but I think Mario Chalmers.. from last year to this year is a big diffrence

certainly one of the most improved. but not top 10. He's more of a combo guard, but there is no denying how much he has improved. He use to have trouble just dribbling the ball up the court.

LGhost
02-18-2012, 08:56 PM
With 5 second of research

Top NBA Point-Guards Eff
1 C. Paul 23.2
2 D. Rose 21.7
3 S. Nash 20.1
4 R. Westbrook 19.9
5 R. Rondo 19.7
6 K. Lowry 19.2
7 D. Williams 19.2
8 S. Curry 18.6
9 T. Parker 18.5
10 J. Wall 18.4

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 08:57 PM

Paul
Rose
Parker
Lowry
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo
DWill
Lawson
Rubio

yeah this year, I would put westbrook a ahead of lowry and parker but I like the list

Hawkeye15

he has made major strides, but he is not a top 10 PG.

latinofire21
Rondo
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Jeremy Lin
Steve Nash
Derrick Rose
Kyle Lowry
Tony Parker
Ty Lawson
Russel Westbrook

Those are my 10 in no particular order.

SlimKid
02-18-2012, 08:59 PM

Paul
Rose
Parker
Lowry
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo
DWill
Lawson
Rubio

I'm lazy, but I'd have a hard time arguing with this..

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 08:59 PM
yeah this year, I would put westbrook a ahead of lowry and parker but I like the list

I am not opposed to putting Westbrook ahead of them, its honestly a matter of opinion for those positions. Parker has kept the Spurs at the #2 seed while Manu was out, and Lowry is becoming one of the top 2-way PG's in the NBA right now. Westy has proven huge down the stretch of games however, and has shown he really had a reality check after the playoffs last year.

More-Than-Most
02-18-2012, 09:00 PM
what Nash is doing at point with that team in Phoenix is flat out amazing.

Bruno
02-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Paul
Rose

Nash
Parker
Westbrook

Lin (his advanced log is absurd, even when counting his bench games).
Irving
Rondo
Williams
Lowry

*These are the bunches I see, but the ranking within each bundle is in no particular order

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 09:01 PM
How can anyone list Jeremy Lin? You should be ashamed of yourself if you do. Let him prove it over a sample size of more then 8 games where he literally threw the ball away against one of the worst teams in the NBA as a recent memory. I love the story as much as anyone, but my god NY players get overrated by their fans so much sometimes.

Longhornfan1234
02-18-2012, 09:01 PM
cp3
rose
nash
westbrook
parker
williams
rondo
curry
lawry

:facepalm:

Rose
Westbrook
CP3
D-Williams
Rondo
Nash
Parker

Everyone else.

metsfanssince05
02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
D-Will
CP3

AINEC

lmfao

Duncan = Donkey

Paul
Rose
Parker
Lowry
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo
DWill
Lawson
Rubio

Nash is way too low, he should be at least number 3. Cant believe you STILL have Lowry above him.

KnicksR4Real
How can anyone list Jeremy Lin? You should be ashamed of yourself if you do. Let him prove it over a sample size of more then 8 games where he literally threw the ball away against one of the worst teams in the NBA as a recent memory. I love the story as much as anyone, but my god NY players get overrated by their fans so much sometimes.

This. Lin needs to prove he can do this for a long time.

Hawkeye15
With 5 second of research

Top NBA Point-Guards Eff
1 C. Paul 23.2
2 D. Rose 21.7
3 S. Nash 20.1
4 R. Westbrook 19.9
5 R. Rondo 19.7
6 K. Lowry 19.2
7 D. Williams 19.2
8 S. Curry 18.6
9 T. Parker 18.5
10 J. Wall 18.4

where does this come from? Wall has no part of the discussion btw.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Nash is way too low, he should be at least number 3. Cant believe you STILL have Lowry above him.

the other side of the floor is why.

kdspurman
02-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Paul
Rose

Nash
Parker
Westbrook

Lin (his advanced log is absurd, even when counting his bench games).
Irving
Rondo
Williams
Lowry

*These are the bunches I see, but the ranking with each bundle is in no particular order

I disagree. What has Paul done that puts him ahead of a guy like Parker? Parker is doing more with less talent. If anything he is ahead of CP3 this season.

IAmARanger18
02-18-2012, 09:05 PM

Paul
Rose
Parker
Lowry
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo
DWill
Lawson
Rubio

Yeah these would be my top 10 also.

LGhost
02-18-2012, 09:05 PM
where does this come from? Wall has no part of the discussion btw.

He has won two match ups against the the best PG, CP3...

http://www.hoopsstats.com/

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 09:06 PM

Knick fans know I am not against their team at all either. I just wish people would let a guy prove it over a longer period. Otherwise if we did C rankings right now, Pekovic is top 5 easily, right? That makes no sense.

bears88
02-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Rondo
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Jeremy Lin
Steve Nash
Derrick Rose
Kyle Lowry
Tony Parker
Ty Lawson
Russel Westbrook

Those are my 10 in no particular order.

Lin is a good PG but he is not a top 10 not yet.

Longhornfan1234
02-18-2012, 09:08 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::laugh::laugh: you put lin ahead of Rose what a ******** list you have made. Oh man thanks for the laugh thought.

"Those are my 10 in no particular order."

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 09:09 PM

If you can throw Rubio or Kyrie Irving into the listings you can most certainly put Lin in there.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 09:09 PM
D-Will
CP3

AINEC

lmfao

Lmao I think thats the same thing on my fb status lml!

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I would hope lin wouldnt make any lists, this isnt top ten in the last 8 games. Lin is a good story but is nowhere near top ten

b@llhog24
02-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I disagree. What has Paul done that puts him ahead of a guy like Parker? Parker is doing more with less talent. If anything he is ahead of CP3 this season.

Sorry to do this and I think this is my 1st one but :facepalm: :facepalm:

DaLakerz Rulz
02-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Derek Fisher

everyone else

tcav701
02-18-2012, 09:12 PM
If you can throw Rubio or Kyrie Irving into the listings you can most certainly put Lin in there.

????

irving and rubio have played just as many games this year as anyone else.

your comment is actually counter productive.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Lin is a good PG but he is not a top 10 not yet.

You can make an arguement for it or not. Who would you take out and put ahead of him.

This knicks team before he took it over was looking lottery bound. Now they are looking pretty dangerous in the east. Hes already beat Rubio, Deron, Wall, Calderon, Harris, and tyreke. He definitely belongs in the discussion in my opinion.

Hes also ranked number 10 in the race to the MVP on nba.com for this recent stretch.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 09:13 PM

Rose
Westbrook
CP3
D-Williams
Rondo
Nash
Parker

Everyone else.
westbrook above rose lmao :facepalm: wow :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 09:14 PM
He has won two match ups against the the best PG, CP3...

http://www.hoopsstats.com/

head to head is crap. The overall body of work is all that matters.

Longhornfan1234
westbrook above rose lmao :facepalm: wow :laugh2:

Are you blind? :facepalm:

Sota4Ever

How does this make any sense?? Do you know how many games Kyrie and Rubio have started more then Lin???

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 09:15 PM
You can make an arguement for it or not. Who would you take out and put ahead of him.

This knicks team before he took it over was looking lottery bound. Now they are looking pretty dangerous in the east. Hes already beat Rubio, Deron, Wall, Calderon, Harris, and tyreke. He definitely belongs in the discussion in my opinion.

Hes also ranked number 10 in the race to the MVP on nba.com for this recent stretch.

Not really, and the mvp ladder is a joke.

Its lebron

everyone else

Nba.com just trying to make knicks fan base happy, and they succeeded

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 09:15 PM

3.5 times the sample size for them. As I said, by your reasoning, Nikola Pekovic is a top 5 center.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Are you blind? :facepalm:

meant cp3
westbrick over cp3 lol sure :rolleyes:

Sota4Ever
02-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Pekovic=top 3 center

tcav701
02-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Foye had a good game today.....he is a top 10 SG for sure.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 09:17 PM
how is lin here, stop it, i didnt mean for this to be a lin talk, I really want to know top 10 this year, Lin shouldnt even be mentioned

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 09:19 PM
????

irving and rubio have played just as many games this year as anyone else.

your comment is actually counter productive.

My comment holds ground sorry that you disagree.

Irving has played 25 games this year.
Rubio has played 31 games this year.

If we are arguing sample sizes then how can you give these guys the nod over guys like Jameer Nelson or Jose Calderon who have been in the league for years and have a larger body of work "sample size".

If your going to use a 25 game sample size or 31 game sample size whats wrong with an 8 game sample size? I have seen more in the 8 game sample size from these Knicks then I have seen with the twolves in 31 games and the cavs in 25 games. Lin has turned the team around. Hes 7 - 1 as an NBA starter. Rubio has his team under 500. Irving has the same. Dont really understand why you would discredit his accomplishments when clearly both sample sizes arent that much bigger then Lins.

b@llhog24
02-18-2012, 09:19 PM

1) You called one top 10 pg that he has beaten, well Calderon is arguable.
2) Head-to-heads aren't a good way to measure rankings; based on that logic Greivis Vasquez is better than Lin right?

tcav701
02-18-2012, 09:20 PM
My comment holds ground sorry that you disagree.

Irving has played 25 games this year.
Rubio has played 31 games this year.

If we are arguing sample sizes then how can you give these guys the nod over guys like Jameer Nelson or Jose Calderon who have been in the league for years and have a larger body of work "sample size".

If your going to use a 25 game sample size or 31 game sample size whats wrong with an 8 game sample size? I have seen more in the 8 game sample size from these Knicks then I have seen with the twolves in 31 games and the cavs in 25 games. Lin has turned the team around. Hes 7 - 1 as an NBA starter. Rubio has his team under 500. Irving has the same. Dont really understand why you would discredit his accomplishments when clearly both sample sizes arent that much bigger then Lins.

Because the thread is top 10 THIS year...

and the sample size for them is 3-4 times as much.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 09:21 PM
how is lin here, stop it, i didnt mean for this to be a lin talk, I really want to know top 10 this year, Lin shouldnt even be mentioned

lol, what did you think would happen when you created a "PG" thread. There are some seriously delusional fans out there that really believe lin is top 10

Longhornfan1234
meant cp3
westbrick over cp3 lol sure :rolleyes:

Better slasher, rebounder, defender, and scorer.

Sota4Ever
Haha 8 games compared to 25 and 31 huge difference. I like Lin and the story but come on dude...

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 09:23 PM
lol, what did you think would happen when you created a "PG" thread. There are some seriously delusional fans out there that really believe lin is top 10

I didnt mean For it tho, I guess I wasnt thinking lol, Oh well He def isnt top 10

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Is ellis considered a pg or sg? he plays both lol

bears88
02-18-2012, 09:25 PM

My top 10 in no particular order would be:

Rose -Oblivious I'm being Biased lets not forget he won MVP.
Paul - NBA all stars.
D-will- NBA all stars.
Rondo- As much as I hate him he is a good distributor.
Westbrook-He is similar to Rose in terms of athleticism.
J-wall -He may have had his struggles this season, but he has so much potential
Rubio - I'm sorry but I'm a big fan of his overall game, seams more polished than I thought.
Nash - Just because he is a proven veteran and a great PG and am also a fan of his game.
Curry -Been impressed with his game since he came to the league.
Parker - Again a veteran PG that knows how to play the position.

Honorable Mention
Kyle lawry. Putting up some monster numbers

Lin again is a good PG, but he is not a top ten, in my honest opinion he is a top 15. The league is filled with so many talented PG that your really cant go wrong with alot of the choices. As for the MVP race so what he isn't going to win it ( no offense) so I don't know whats the point of you mentioning it to me. But all in all this is just my honest opinion.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Not really, and the mvp ladder is a joke.

Its lebron

everyone else

Nba.com just trying to make knicks fan base happy, and they succeeded

Thats your opinion. Its not fact so please stop trying to push that as fact.

In the end if your looking at total body of work you really cant have any rookies in the arguement. Its a double standard to have 2 rookies be credited for there 25 game and 31 game production and then discredit a guy whos completely turned the franchise around with their superstars injured in 8 games. 17 less then Irving and 23 less then Rubio, but has shown to be a much bigger impact on the game then both of them. Seems pretty hypocritical.

tcav701
02-18-2012, 09:28 PM

In the end if your looking at total body of work you really cant have any rookies in the arguement. Its a double standard to have 2 rookies be credited for there 25 game and 31 game production and then discredit a guy whos completely turned the franchise around with their superstars injured in 8 games. 17 less then Irving and 23 less then Rubio, but has shown to be a much bigger impact on the game then both of them. Seems pretty hypocritical.

He turned a franchise around?

Its been 8 games......another Tebow argument hahahah..

I love the Lin story but give me a break dude.

I wont even bring the record breaking 45 turnovers during that stretch.

I love sportscenter fans.

Sota4Ever
02-18-2012, 09:29 PM
bigger impact??? The wolves won a total of 17 games last season we are already at 15. Rubio had a lot to do with that. Also Lin hasn't beaten anyone good yet. They did beat the wolves but he played terribly. I don't want to get in an argument about Lin but you are just asking for it.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Better slasher, rebounder, defender, and scorer.

Your not going to convince me westbrick is a better PG than CP3. Thats just not going to happen.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 09:30 PM

on my personal list, i didnt have any rookies in the top 10

tcav701
02-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Your not going to convince me westbrick is a better PG than CP3. Thats just not going to happen.

+1

Anyone that takes a volume shooter over a super efficient prototype for that position is insane.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 09:32 PM
1) You called one top 10 pg that he has beaten, well Calderon is arguable.
2) Head-to-heads aren't a good way to measure rankings; based on that logic Greivis Vasquez is better than Lin right?

I am clearly pointing out flaws in the arguements of others. You can try to simpleton me all you like but its hypocritical to assume its okay to include Rubio and Irving in the conversation for their time served when its just as small as Lins.

Wolves had all their players against the Knicks and we didnt have Stat or Melo and we still won. Rubio choked in the final seconds and Lin closed out the game. Lin has been running with a bunch of misfits during this stretch and hes turned the team into exactly that, a team.

Whether your sick of the story because of the hype its irrelevant. You cant discredit what hes done regardless of sample size especially when you have 2 rookies in the arguement as top 10 players at their position.

Thats all im pointing out. You can even ask if Rubio and Irving are really better and they have had the whole season to be productive why arent their records better?

Lin is a serious PG and you cant discredit that fact.

bklynny67
02-18-2012, 09:34 PM
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Derek Roselin
Chris Paulin
Derlin Williams
Rajon Lindo
Russlin Westbrook
Ricky Rubiolin
Steve Nashlin
Steplin Curry
Liny Parker
Kylin Lawry

bears88
02-18-2012, 09:35 PM
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Derek Roselin
Chris Paulin
Derlin Williams
Rajon Lindo
Russlin Westbrook
Ricky Rubiolin
Steve Nashlin
Steplin Curry
Liny Parker
Kylin Lawry

:laugh2:

Sota4Ever
02-18-2012, 09:37 PM
My favorite is probably liny parker

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 09:39 PM
He turned a franchise around?

Its been 8 games......another Tebow argument hahahah..

I love the Lin story but give me a break dude.

I wont even bring the record breaking 45 turnovers during that stretch.

I love sportscenter fans.

You dont have to watch ESPN to get your arguements. You must watch to much ESPN if you believe that. I have been a Knick fan since 1988. I saw this time going down hill without a PG. We were all waiting for Baron to be our savior and we got the 15th guy off the bench to produce and make guys like Jefferies and Novak into offensive threats. We won with backups against starters and regardless of who your playing when your playing guys who normally wouldnt see more then 14 minutes in a game for the whole game and winning you cant say it has nothing to do with the PG.

He has a lot of turnovers who doesnt? He has the ball in his hands the whole game. He is directing an offense that looked terrible all season and making them a lot more dangerous with his facilitating. You can definitely make a case for the guy looking at the before product and the after product.

If your going to sit there and say what he did wasn't that great because of his turnovers your a hater. Who can honestly believe the Knicks would have been 7 - 1 in their last 8 games with their 2 best players out for a majority of those games.

Whether you want to call it Tebow or whatever you want to relate it to thats fine I dont care. The arguement is in the box score and the kid wins games. Cant ask for much more from your PG.

bklynny67
02-18-2012, 09:39 PM
:laugh2:

Glad i could bring some laughs. :clap:

Obviously just a joke though... Lin is def not top 10 right now.

Those would be my top 10 though for real. Just thought it'd be funny to add Lin to everyone. Hell, everyone else keeps doin it. :D

smith&wesson
02-18-2012, 09:41 PM

Paul
Rose
Parker
Lowry
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo
DWill
Lawson
Rubio

i like this list.

tcav701
02-18-2012, 09:43 PM
You dont have to watch ESPN to get your arguements. You must watch to much ESPN if you believe that. I have been a Knick fan since 1988. I saw this time going down hill without a PG. We were all waiting for Baron to be our savior and we got the 15th guy off the bench to produce and make guys like Jefferies and Novak into offensive threats. We won with backups against starters and regardless of who your playing when your playing guys who normally wouldnt see more then 14 minutes in a game for the whole game and winning you cant say it has nothing to do with the PG.

He has a lot of turnovers who doesnt? He has the ball in his hands the whole game. He is directing an offense that looked terrible all season and making them a lot more dangerous with his facilitating. You can definitely make a case for the guy looking at the before product and the after product.

If your going to sit there and say what he did wasn't that great because of his turnovers your a hater. Who can honestly believe the Knicks would have been 7 - 1 in their last 8 games with their 2 best players out for a majority of those games.

Whether you want to call it Tebow or whatever you want to relate it to thats fine I dont care. The arguement is in the box score and the kid wins games. Cant ask for much more from your PG.

I am not trying to take away anything he has done, it is nothing short of amazing.

However, the sample size is to small to claim he is better than players that have but up great numbers and being efficient doing so all year.

If he leads the Knicks when Melo is back and buts up similar numbers we will talk about him as a top 10 PG.

And please dont credit wins and losses to an individual in a team game, if thats the case, Melo must be the worst SF in the game.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 09:44 PM

Paul - NBA all stars.
D-will- NBA all stars.
Rubio - I'm sorry but I'm a big fan of his overall game, seams more polished than I thought.
Nash - Just because he is a proven veteran and a great PG and am also a fan of his game.

Honorable Mention

Lin again is a good PG, but he is not a top ten, in my honest opinion he is a top 15. The league is filled with so many talented PG that your really cant go wrong with alot of the choices. As for the MVP race so what he isn't going to win it ( no offense) so I don't know whats the point of you mentioning it to me. But all in all this is just my honest opinion.

Fair enough. I am not going to go toe to toe with you because your not being insulting with the way your speaking to me like the others in this thread but I will point out a few things.

Curry has been injured for a majority of the season. If hes getting into the top 10 because of reputation it makes my arguement stronger that Rubio doesnt belong in the conversation whatsoever if we are talking about sample sizes.

Anyone who leaves Kyle Lowry off the top 10 list just hasnt seen any of his games. Guess since there is no real way to decide top 10 its jsut going to be everyones opinions.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 09:45 PM

again, sample size. Yes you can have a player who played meaningful minutes since game 1 of the season, and has been a large part of their rotation all year, versus the flavor of the week dude. If Lin finishes the year at even 70% of the level he played at before last night, sure, you can offer your case at that time.

tredigs
02-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Off the top of my head:

Chris Paul

Steve Nash

Westbrook

Tony Parker

Derrick Rose

Kyle Lowry

Deron Williams

Rajon Rondo

Steph Curry

Ty Lawson

You can make a case for Calderon and Rubio as well. Lin? No. Give it a few more weeks and we can see where he's at.

latinofire21
I am not trying to take away anything he has done, it is nothing short of amazing.

However, the sample size is to small to claim he is better than players that have but up great numbers and being efficient doing so all year.

If he leads the Knicks when Melo is back and buts up similar numbers we will talk about him as a top 10 PG.

And please dont credit wins and losses to an individual in a team game, if thats the case, Melo must be the worst SF in the game.

I would like to hear that Melo arguement. I think wins and losses are a definite sticking point to the kids level of play because look at his supporting cast during the stretch.

Everyone on PSD who isnt a knick fan thinks our bench blows. Its awful ect ect. If he was able to win with those guys playing starting minutes against starting lineups with their PGs there you cant really say its irrelevant.

Would Rubio or Irving have gone 7 - 1 in this stretch with that lineup? I dont think so. Rubio couldnt even beat that lineup with his top options available to him.

Hawkeye15
I am clearly pointing out flaws in the arguements of others. You can try to simpleton me all you like but its hypocritical to assume its okay to include Rubio and Irving in the conversation for their time served when its just as small as Lins.

Wolves had all their players against the Knicks and we didnt have Stat or Melo and we still won. Rubio choked in the final seconds and Lin closed out the game. Lin has been running with a bunch of misfits during this stretch and hes turned the team into exactly that, a team.

Whether your sick of the story because of the hype its irrelevant. You cant discredit what hes done regardless of sample size especially when you have 2 rookies in the arguement as top 10 players at their position.

Thats all im pointing out. You can even ask if Rubio and Irving are really better and they have had the whole season to be productive why arent their records better?

Lin is a serious PG and you cant discredit that fact.

While I won't discredit the Knicks stealing a game they were beaten up in against the Wolves, Rubio offered the first piece of game tape on how to stop Lin. He was 3-14 in the 2nd half forced left and given room to shoot going that way. If you truly think Lin will stack up against the best PG's in the league over the course of 30+ games (Rubio and Irving have done this), you fit in with the 15% I speak of on a regular basis when referring to delusional fan bases.

Let Lin proves he belongs in the conversation with Rubio and Irving, who were playing at a high level from game 1, not bounced around and cut by 2 teams and only played because Mike D finally realized Bibby was a corpse.

bears88
02-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Fair enough. I am not going to go toe to toe with you because your not being insulting with the way your speaking to me like the others in this thread but I will point out a few things.

Curry has been injured for a majority of the season. If hes getting into the top 10 because of reputation it makes my arguement stronger that Rubio doesnt belong in the conversation whatsoever if we are talking about sample sizes.

Anyone who leaves Kyle Lowry off the top 10 list just hasnt seen any of his games. Guess since there is no real way to decide top 10 its jsut going to be everyones opinions.

I do NOT hate lin ( I think he is good), but I think he needs to keep up with his recent game play and improve on his TO. He is still young maybe in a year or two if he keeps playing like he is than yes I will consider him a top 10 but that's a big if I need to see if he can keep it up game in and game out and improve on not turning the ball like he did in his previous game. Your right I haven't seen Lawry play that much but from his status I could make an adjustment or two on my list.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Would Rubio or Irving have gone 7 - 1 in this stretch with that lineup? I dont think so. Rubio couldnt even beat that lineup with his top options available to him.

Lin individually went 7-1 in the NBA? Interesting.

tcav701
02-18-2012, 09:51 PM
I would like to hear that Melo arguement. I think wins and losses are a definite sticking point to the kids level of play because look at his supporting cast during the stretch.

Everyone on PSD who isnt a knick fan thinks our bench blows. Its awful ect ect. If he was able to win with those guys playing starting minutes against starting lineups with their PGs there you cant really say its irrelevant.

By months end, Irving and Rubio will have both led their teams to more wins they they had all of last year.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Lin individually went 7-1 in the NBA? Interesting.

Yeah u didnt know? lin plays 1 on 5 basketball and wins

latinofire21
again, sample size. Yes you can have a player who played meaningful minutes since game 1 of the season, and has been a large part of their rotation all year, versus the flavor of the week dude. If Lin finishes the year at even 70% of the level he played at before last night, sure, you can offer your case at that time.

LOL you called him flavor of the week. Hawkeye your being completely ridiculous. Keep discrediting Lin when he already dismantled that Twolve team with the PG playing meaningful minutes since day 1. Rubio isnt even playing better then Calderon this season. Lin has completely proven all the doubters.

Its been only 1 game, its been only 2 games, its been only 3 games, wait until the lakers, wait until the twolves, its was only the raptors, Kings stink. So many excuses. Now were using the sample sizes lol.

I am done in this thread because when your arguing with brick walls and no sound logic it really gets quite frustrating.

The season isnt even half over and your talking about rookie sample sizes for mediocre teams being better then Lins because of the quantity of games lol.

Im done here. See ya

justinnum1

Absolutely, and they prob would not have set the record for turnovers.

tredigs
02-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Completely forgot about Irving. He definitely has a case for top ten as well. I don't think his ceiling is a top 1-2 PG, but I could see him always being top ten.

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Completely forgot about Irving. He definitely has a case for top ten as well. I don't think his ceiling is a top 1-2 PG, but I could see him always being top ten.

:pity:

And with a per of almost 22 and a ridiculous ts% of 58, this guy has a legit case for the top 5 as well.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by latinofire21LOL you called him flavor of the week. Hawkeye your being completely ridiculous. Keep discrediting Lin when he already dismantled that Twolve team with the PG playing meaningful minutes since day 1.

You are attempting to use a 1 game sample size? Weaker then your attempted argument in the first place.

Rubio isnt even playing better then Calderon this season. Lin has completely proven all the doubters.

Not sure if you have heard of the defensive end of the court, or making your teammates better and more efficient.

Its been only 1 game, its been only 2 games, its been only 3 games, wait until the lakers, wait until the twolves, its was only the raptors, Kings stink. So many excuses. Now were using the sample sizes lol.

My sample size is 3.5 times yours.

I am done in this thread because when your arguing with brick walls and no sound logic it really gets quite frustrating.

I would love it if you are done with your argument, since you have proven nothing but the fact that Lin is a top 10 PG over the past 2 weeks.

The season isnt even half over and your talking about rookie sample sizes for mediocre teams being better then Lins because of the quantity of games lol.

Um, yes.

Im done here. See ya

Bye.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 09:59 PM
While I won't discredit the Knicks stealing a game they were beaten up in against the Wolves, Rubio offered the first piece of game tape on how to stop Lin. He was 3-14 in the 2nd half forced left and given room to shoot going that way. If you truly think Lin will stack up against the best PG's in the league over the course of 30+ games (Rubio and Irving have done this), you fit in with the 15% I speak of on a regular basis when referring to delusional fan bases.

Let Lin proves he belongs in the conversation with Rubio and Irving, who were playing at a high level from game 1, not bounced around and cut by 2 teams and only played because Mike D finally realized Bibby was a corpse.

If you truly believe Rubio is a top 10 point guard right now your right there with me in that 15 percent of delusional fan bases. Your team isnt good. They are under 500 just like the rest of the teams and you havent been bit by the injury bug. If you can be a top pg on a crappy team then there has clearly got to be some delusion there as well.

Your quite insulting with the way you categorize people. You should look in the mirror. What have the twolves done in the past decade to warrant any serious consideration on Rubio being a top pg. Your comparing last season when they were proud to be an open door mat to the league for draft picks to this season where they are trying to actually win some games.

Give me a break dude. Your the delusional one here. Always speaking like your being unhomer and you throw Rubio into a top 10 and try and bash me for putting Lin there. Give me a break.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 09:59 PM
:pity:

And with a per of almost 22 and a ridiculous ts% of 58, this guy has a legit case for the top 5 as well.

this year? I think irving has a bright future but isnt top 10 this year, will be in the future for sure IMO

sunsfan88
02-18-2012, 10:01 PM

Wow coming from a Knicks fan? Major props!

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:02 PM
If you truly believe Rubio is a top 10 point guard right now your right there with me in that 15 percent of delusional fan bases. Your team isnt good. They are under 500 just like the rest of the teams and you havent been bit by the injury bug. If you can be a top pg on a crappy team then there has clearly got to be some delusion there as well.

Your quite insulting with the way you categorize people. You should look in the mirror. What have the twolves done in the past decade to warrant any serious consideration on Rubio being a top pg. Your comparing last season when they were proud to be an open door mat to the league for draft picks to this season where they are trying to actually win some games.

Give me a break dude. Your the delusional one here. Always speaking like your being unhomer and you throw Rubio into a top 10 and try and bash me for putting Lin there. Give me a break.

are you kidding. your making knick fans look horrible. Im not sure i would put rubio in the top ten but Lin has played 8 games!! Rubio has been good all year, Rubio also outplayed lin in the matchup Yeah the knicks won but thats irrelvent, dont bring up the past decade when the knicks have done nothing either, come on man maybe by the end of the season if lin were to keep it up he would be top 10 but he cant be mentioned right now

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 10:02 PM

Insulting? Nah, I have explained the theory before, your Knicks fans agreed 100%.

Are you really now attacking my team over the past decade?

Bashing? No, just alerting you to the fact you are being a complete irrational homer. Rubio has a MUCH stronger body of work this season versus Lin. You can choose to deny it, not my problem.

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:04 PM
this year? I think irving has a bright future but isnt top 10 this year, will be in the future for sure IMO

Saying he isn't top 10 THIS year is an absolute joke and there is virtually no statistical evidence to suggest otherwise.

Only PG's that have been clearly better are Paul, Rose, Nash. And you can certainly debate between Deron, Kyrie, Westbrook, Rondo and Parker this season. Yes, THAT is how good Kyrie has been as a rookie.

This kid is the real deal. Been saying it since before he was drafted when everyone wanted to overlook him because he didn't have the insane athleticism of a Wall or Rose. You are looking at one of the most NBA ready pg's since maybe Jason Kidd. Elite 3pt range, very good awareness, good defensive fundamentals, I could go on.

2 years down the line, we'll be debating between him, Rose and Paul as the best pg's in the league. I say this as Bulls fan.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:05 PM
You are attempting to use a 1 game sample size? Weaker then your attempted argument in the first place.

When it directly involves the player your discrediting over the defensive stopper you proclaim Rubio to be then yes it matters. Rubio has shown nothing other then he is a promising rookie. The team still sucks and needs a lot more work to be relevant in the league.

Not sure if you have heard of the defensive end of the court, or making your teammates better and more efficient. The same defensive end of the Court that Rubio let Lin take over the game and beat your precious twolves. We are talking about the next Bruce Bowen here. WATCH OUT!

My sample size is 3.5 times yours.

LOL 31 games is a small sample size regardless of how much bigger it is of Lins. If your going to use a 31 game sample size its just as unreflective as an 8 game sample size. Rubio isnt even in the top 10 discussion so I dont understand why you are pushing this so far.

I would love it if you are done with your argument, since you have proven nothing but the fact that Lin is a top 10 PG over the past 2 weeks.

You have proven that Rubio is what exactly? Your just pointing out why Lin shouldnt be considered. Rubio shouldnt be considered because there are more then 10 pgs who are better then him right now. If your looking at potential thats one thing but again the sample size is too small to even predict how good rubio is going to be if we are going to be reflective on top 10 point guards. Hes lost more games then hes one and its a Point guards job to control pace and take over the game to secure the win. Maybe hes playing out of position? He doesnt know how to close out games and hes just too raw to be considered a top 10 point guard. A couple flashy passes mean absolutely nothing right? Hes got to make those passes over 3 years for them to be not considered flukes!:facepalm:

Um, yes.
Um No

Bye.
I think I will stick around for a while since clearly being an ******* is what you do best.

Sota4Ever
02-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Wolves have actually been bit by the injury bug all season long. We also had a new coach and a new pg without training camp and practice time. I think we are doing pretty good.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 10:07 PM
I think I will stick around for a while since clearly being an ******* is what you do best.

insulting a moderator may not be in your best interest. Chill out. You are being irrational, and talking down to anyone who disagrees.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 10:08 PM
not to mention kyrie is under 19, he will be top 5 pg within 2 years

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Saying he isn't top 10 THIS year is an absolute joke and there is virtually no statistical evidence to suggest otherwise.

Only PG's that have been clearly better are Paul, Rose, Nash. And you can certainly debate between Deron, Kyrie, Westbrook, Rondo and Parker this season. Yes, THAT is how good Kyrie has been as a rookie.

This kid is the real deal. Been saying it since before he was drafted when everyone wanted to overlook him because he didn't have the insane athleticism of a Wall or Rose. You are looking at one of the most NBA ready pg's since maybe Jason Kidd. Elite 3pt range, very good awareness, good defensive fundamentals, I could go on.

2 years down the line, we'll be debating between him, Rose and Paul as the best pg's in the league. I say this as Bulls fan.

Im not saying he isnt top 10, It isnt a joke, pg is a loaded pos,I agree with you he has a bright bright future, and will be a great pg, Idk about top 10 yet just my opioion ofcourse

Sota4Ever
02-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I think it will be a nice battle for years to come between kyrie and Rubio. Some people will argue for Kyrie and some for Rubio.

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Assuming we agree that he isn't top 5 already, which I'm not willing to concede. He has a case for being top 5 already. It's so close between him, Deron, Rondo, Parker, Westbrook that you'll have a hard time to make concede that fact. I'm not gonna say he isn't top 5 just because he's a rookie. Statistically speaking, he's allstar caliber and probably should have made it over Deron. But again, he's a rookie and unless your name is Shaq or MJ or you have the nation of China behind you... tough luck

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Irving is a gifted scorer, and I THINK he will be a very tough on the ball defender, but he won't rebound, distribute, or defend like Rubio will. Rubio is probably better at every facet of the game outside scoring the ball.

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Im not saying he isnt top 10, It isnt a joke, pg is a loaded pos,I agree with you he has a bright bright future, and will be a great pg, Idk about top 10 yet just my opioion ofcourse

Point guard is a loaded position. But are you going to say Rondo or Deron aren't top 10 because it's a loaded position? Obviously not and yet Kyrie is already playing as well as them.

Again, even if I concede that guys like Rose, Paul, Nash (obviously) along with Deron, Rondo, Westbrook and Parker are better. That still leaves 3 spots.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Assuming we agree that he isn't top 5 already, which I'm not willing to concede. He has a case for being top 5 already. It's so close between him, Deron, Rondo, Parker, Westbrook that you'll have a hard time to make concede that fact. I'm not gonna say he isn't top 5 just because he's a rookie. Statistically speaking, he's allstar caliber and probably should have made it over Deron. But again, he's a rookie and unless your name is Shaq or MJ or you have the nation of China behind you... tough luck

Lmaoo at the bolded, Idk man its tough because there are a ton, theres also rubio, Lowry,Out there, curry/ellis whichever is the pg.

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Irving is a gifted scorer, and I THINK he will be a very tough on the ball defender, but he won't rebound, distribute, or defend like Rubio will. Rubio is probably better at every facet of the game outside scoring the ball.

Hmm, not sure I'm gonna to agree with that logic Hawkeye.

Rubio being a more well-rounded player shouldn't automatically make him better. Iguodala is more rounded than Durant and yet you and I both know that Durant is at another level.

You aren't giving Irving due justice if all you think of him is as a scorer.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Insulting? Nah, I have explained the theory before, your Knicks fans agreed 100%.

Are you really now attacking my team over the past decade?

Bashing? No, just alerting you to the fact you are being a complete irrational homer. Rubio has a MUCH stronger body of work this season versus Lin. You can choose to deny it, not my problem.

the body of work has led to a 15 - 16 record.

Losses less than 5 points 8 times - Great end game control by your PG. Definite closer!

Losses by more then 10 points 8 times - Really understand how to control the tempo.

Point guard by committee in Minnesota as well. He doesnt even have the keys to his own team but we are annointing him top 10? Right....

Stats Rubio - 8.6 assists 4.2 rebounds 11 points 3 turnovers .800 ft percentage 15 - 16 record

Stats Lin - Beats him in every category except turnovers and hes 7 - 1 with his team.

Definitely the better PG of the two.

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:17 PM
[/B]

Lmaoo at the bolded, Idk man its tough because there are a ton, theres also rubio, Lowry,Out there, curry/ellis whichever is the pg.

Rubio and Lowry both REALLY cooled down after their hot starts.

If Ellis is the pg, then no way. Curry, maybe if he can ever stay healthy consistently.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Rubio and Lowry both REALLY cooled down after their hot starts.

If Ellis is the pg, then no way. Curry, maybe if he can ever stay healthy consistently.

Yeah they have but still there having good years, Curry has a lot of talent, but ellis gets a lot of hate, I think he is a very nice player that is having a good year

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 10:19 PM
the body of work has led to a 15 - 16 record.

Losses less than 5 points 8 times - Great end game control by your PG. Definite closer!

Losses by more then 10 points 8 times - Really understand how to control the tempo.

Point guard by committee in Minnesota as well. He doesnt even have the keys to his own team but we are annointing him top 10? Right....

Stats Rubio - 8.6 assists 4.2 rebounds 11 points 3 turnovers .800 ft percentage 15 - 16 record

Stats Lin - Beats him in every category except turnovers and hes 7 - 1 with his team.

Definitely the better PG of the two.

rubio>lin thats an easy one

Bruno
02-18-2012, 10:20 PM

ashamed? eight games?

17 games:
PER- 23.4
TS%- .577
WS/48- 1.70

you ask for a larger sample size then torch him for a mistake in one game. rubio has no business being in the top ten, his advanced reel is mediocre at best.

D12 fan
02-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Rose
Paul
Dwill
Rondo
Westbrook
Parker
Nash
Kyrie
Lowry
Lawson

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:21 PM
insulting a moderator may not be in your best interest. Chill out. You are being irrational, and talking down to anyone who disagrees.

Clearly a matter of opinion. Your the one who started the name calling. If they dont agree with you they are delusional fans. Who gives you the right to start the name calling then tell me to chill out. Watch what you say if you dont want this kind of reaction.

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Yeah they have but still there having good years, Curry has a lot of talent, but ellis gets a lot of hate, I think he is a very nice player that is having a good year

Ellis has talent, but he plays incredibly stupid. Unfortunately a large part is due to playing under a senile Nelson. Haven't seen enough GS to make a judgment on Jackson, but I'm willing to bet he's another poor coach.

Ellis consistently takes awful shots and plays out of the offense. Only way he may ever get it is in a stable, championship type environment with a hardass coach.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:22 PM
ashamed? eight games?

17 games:
PER- 23.4
TS%- .577
WS/48- 1.70

you ask for a larger sample size then torch him for a mistake in one game. rubio has no business being in the top ten, his advanced reel is mediocre at best.

THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

Sota4Ever
Latino if Lin starts to struggle and tails off can we crucify him or are you going to make up excuses?

Hawkeye15
Hmm, not sure I'm gonna to agree with that logic Hawkeye.

Rubio being a more well-rounded player shouldn't automatically make him better. Iguodala is more rounded than Durant and yet you and I both know that Durant is at another level.

You aren't giving Irving due justice if all you think of him is as a scorer.

Didn't call Rubio the better player, called him better at everything but scoring.

Irving is just a scorer, SO FAR. I alluded to his ability to possibly be a very good defender, and its not a slight to say someone may not be a better passer or rebounder at the PG position, something Rubio will be elite at over his career. If Rubio does lead the league in steals, he is the first rookie to do it. Steals don't mean great defender, but he is showing the ability to be a great defender.

Hustlenomics
Kyrie Irving is going to be great

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:23 PM

Yup.

Love ya Hawkeye, but I think your biases are getting ahead of your judgment here. Not that I like Lin belongs in this list just yet, but Rubio certainly doesn't with his recent play.

xxplayerxx23
Ellis has talent, but he plays incredibly stupid. Unfortunately a large part is due to playing under a senile Nelson. Haven't seen enough GS to make a judgment on Jackson, but I'm willing to bet he's another poor coach.

Ellis consistently takes awful shots and plays out of the offense. Only way he may ever get it is in a stable, championship type environment with a hardass coach.

Im not sure how jackson is, there team is talented but there record isnt good,, I agree he takes bad shots but he trys to carry the team, curryy is always hurt so he is there best scorer, I dont think he will win a championship without a lot of help But right now he is playing well

Bruno
3.5 times the sample size for them. As I said, by your reasoning, Nikola Pekovic is a top 5 center.

no, less than two times the sample size. Lins advanced line is great, even when including the ten games when he played during garbage time.

Lin- 17 games
Rubio- 31 games.
Irving- 25 games

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Didn't call Rubio the better player, called him better at everything but scoring.

Irving is just a scorer, SO FAR. I alluded to his ability to possibly be a very good defender, and its not a slight to say someone may not be a better passer or rebounder at the PG position, something Rubio will be elite at over his career. If Rubio does lead the league in steals, he is the first rookie to do it. Steals don't mean great defender, but he is showing the ability to be a great defender.

Fair enough. I thought you implied being better player as well. My bad.

Sota4Ever
02-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Can we look at who they played too? Who has Lin beat??

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 10:25 PM
no, less than two times the sample size. Lins advanced line is great, even when including the ten games when he played during garbage time.

Lin- 17 games
Rubio- 31 games.
Irving- 25 games

How many minutes was lin avg before he started?

kozelkid
02-18-2012, 10:26 PM

Lin- 17 games
Rubio- 31 games.
Irving- 25 games

You'd be better off including total minutes, not games.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 10:26 PM
ashamed? eight games?

17 games:
PER- 23.4
TS%- .577
WS/48- 1.70

really man? His sample size is completely skewed with his 8 game run, if you don't understand that, I am not sure who hacked your account.

There are 2 sides of the floor. Please don't think Lin won't come back down to earth (already has recently, your PER, TS, and WS/48 will reflect this soon enough, thank you sample size).

2 sides of the floor.

I can't believe you are falling for an 8 game sample size. I will completely agree Lin has an argument for top 10 if he does it over the next month, but give me a break.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:28 PM

Lin- 17 games
Rubio- 31 games.
Irving- 25 games

not saying rubio or irving is top ten, But how can you put lin in the top ten with only 8 games with good mins, the other games arent really much.

justinnum1
Can we look at who they played too? Who has Lin beat??

No, that would make to much sense and most knicks fans wont acknowledge that they have beaten bad teams and lin has yet to win agasint an elite opponent

latinofire21
Latino if Lin starts to struggle and tails off can we crucify him or are you going to make up excuses?

Do you really have to ask that question? You guys crucify anything Knicks related. Why even ask? Its expected.

Reason why no one is crucifying Rubio is because its expected for them to suck.

Lin makes the Knicks run on another level and its considered unrealistic because its unexpected. Just as you will crucify him when you think he will do bad I will bring up all these threads and make fun of the enlightened posters who hated on him. Only difference is that when I do that I will get a 1 week ban for bringing up unrelevant posts lol.

Got to love people with power trips lol

Hawkeye15
Clearly a matter of opinion. Your the one who started the name calling. If they dont agree with you they are delusional fans. Who gives you the right to start the name calling then tell me to chill out. Watch what you say if you dont want this kind of reaction.

name calling? I don't think so man.

You haven't read my percentage breakdown. I get it. Ask one of your Knicks fans, they will explain it to you.

Chill out man.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2012, 10:29 PM
ashamed? eight games?

17 games:
PER- 23.4
TS%- .577
WS/48- 1.70

If I start a thread on top 10 centers, you better have Pekovic top 5 with your thought process on this subject...

Sota4Ever
02-18-2012, 10:30 PM
oh i forgot Knicks were suppose to win the next 10 championships. Sorry my bad...

xxplayerxx23
Do you really have to ask that question? You guys crucify anything Knicks related. Why even ask? Its expected.

Lin makes the Knicks run on another level and its considered unrealistic because its unexpected. Just as you will crucify him when you think he will do bad I will bring up all these threads and make fun of the enlightened posters who hated on him. Only difference is that when I do that I will get a 1 week ban for bringing up unrelevant posts lol.

your PM is ganan make me wanna call you out even more, You wanna say just because someone has 8 good games and his team is 7-1 that hes top 10. He shouldnt be in the disccusion, And As everyone as seen in the lin thread I defend him, No doubt he has played amazing and if he keeps it up yeah hes top 10 but Way to soon, he shouldnt even be eligable to be in the top 10 with so few mins and then 8 games

justinnum1
not saying rubio or irving is top ten, But how can you put lin in the top ten with only 8 games with good mins, the other games arent really much.

sometimes people grab any stat they can to make there argument look good, even if the stat holds little weight, or the sample size is to small

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:31 PM
No, that would make to much sense and most knicks fans wont acknowledge that they have beaten bad teams and lin has yet to win agasint an elite opponent

Lakers are trash I agree. We also beat the incredible TWOLVES who have a top 10 pg in case you didnt know.

Also I love how you overlook no Amare and Melo during the stretch and we needed to get large minutes from Jared Jefferies Billy Walker and Steve Novak which you already said was a weaker bench then your heat team.

If we are starting players weaker then your teams backups and playing winning basketball against these teams regardless of record it must be really overreacting. I completely agree with you.... hater :facepalm:

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:32 PM
oh i forgot Knicks were suppose to win the next 10 championships. Sorry my bad...

no that was the heat. We didnt have a concert with fog machines and dancing proclaiming championships for the next decade.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:32 PM

If they beat miami es he get credit? they beat utah, LA, And minn at home, nothing speical but we werent winning those games earlier, Doesnt matter. this isnt about lin or the knicks its about the top 10 pgs

Sota4Ever
02-18-2012, 10:33 PM
I don't hate lin I actually like the story, I hate people like you that jump on the bandwagon so hard you end up breaking it.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 10:33 PM

huh? they have beat some of the worst teams in the league, needed a buzzer beater to beat the raptors, and lost to the hornets. Whats this other level you speak of? next 6 of 8 are agasint really good teams, lets see how they fare...

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:34 PM
no that was the heat. We didnt have a concert with fog machines and dancing proclaiming championships for the next decade.

Come on make me look like a fool like you said you would if I disagree with you Im still waiting

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:34 PM
your PM is ganan make me wanna call you out even more, You wanna say just because someone has 8 good games and his team is 7-1 that hes top 10. He shouldnt be in the disccusion, And As everyone as seen in the lin thread I defend him, No doubt he has played amazing and if he keeps it up yeah hes top 10 but Way to soon, he shouldnt even be eligable to be in the top 10 with so few mins and then 8 games

Keep calling me out. Your a joke. Since your the rule nazi here why dont you put up some rules in regards to what qualifies a player to be eligible for top 10 consideration in your post instead of just creating a open ended thread and then proclaiming such rules after the fact. Bad OP!

List qualifications please I am waiting.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Lakers are trash I agree. We also beat the incredible TWOLVES who have a top 10 pg in case you didnt know.

Also I love how you overlook no Amare and Melo during the stretch and we needed to get large minutes from Jared Jefferies Billy Walker and Steve Novak which you already said was a weaker bench then your heat team.

If we are starting players weaker then your teams backups and playing winning basketball against these teams regardless of record it must be really overreacting. I completely agree with you.... hater :facepalm:

I'm a hater beacuse i disagree with you? OK:rolleyes:

Wake up dude, linsanity is getting to your head.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Keep calling me out. Your a joke. Since your the rule nazi here why dont you put up some rules in regards to what qualifies a player to be eligible for top 10 consideration in your post instead of just creating a open ended thread and then proclaiming such rules after the fact. Bad OP!

List qualifications please I am waiting.

Lol How doyou figure, what do you want me to say, Knicks are the best at every pos, Lin is the greatest ever to play, i will keep calling you out, there are no qualifications needed, But lin shouldnt be in the discussion

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:40 PM
huh? they have beat some of the worst teams in the league, needed a buzzer beater to beat the raptors, and lost to the hornets. Whats this other level you speak of? next 6 of 8 are agasint really good teams, lets see how they fare...

Without Lin all those games were losses. Thats why they are running on another level. He did it without the guy we gut our team for and the 100 million dollar man. We had to do what the heat did last year and sign a bunch of cheap contracts to just field a team. The heat arent winning 7 games in a row without Lebron and Wade. Give credit where credit is due.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Without Lin all those games were losses. Thats why they are running on another level. He did it without the guy we gut our team for and the 100 million dollar man. We had to do what the heat did last year and sign a bunch of cheap contracts to just field a team. The heat arent winning 7 games in a row without Lebron and Wade. Give credit where credit is due.

wrong. melo and amare missing made your team actually play like a team.

And if the heat played the bad teams the knicks did, they def would have probably won those games.

latinofire21
02-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Lol How doyou figure, what do you want me to say, Knicks are the best at every pos, Lin is the greatest ever to play, i will keep calling you out, there are no qualifications needed, But lin shouldnt be in the discussion

I dont want you to say anything you dont believe. I never said the Knicks are the best at every position. That hasnt came out of my mouth once. In regards to Lin I believe he is in the top 10 and this thread was about posters opinions for pgs in the top 10.

I dont appreciate the ridicule and the name calling for believing that. Thats why I am doing what I am doing. If you call someone delusional because you dont agree with it, thats wrong.

There is no formula for figuring out top 10 pgs. Once you start questioning my intelligence regarding basketball is when I start getting defensive. Dont question me. Feel free to disagree but dont belittle my thinking. That goes for everyone including the Moderator who should know better then to label someone with faulty percentages as being delusional like its scripture. I am done here.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:45 PM
wrong. melo and amare missing made your team actually play like a team.

And if the heat played the bad teams the knicks did, they def would have probably won those games.

First it doesnt make us a better team, its true we were missing a pg, Without wade and bron IDk if you beat utah or LA, Bosh would of def had them go at least 4-3 maybe 5-2

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 10:47 PM
I dont want you to say anything you dont believe. I never said the Knicks are the best at every position. That hasnt came out of my mouth once. In regards to Lin I believe he is in the top 10 and this thread was about posters opinions for pgs in the top 10.

I dont appreciate the ridicule and the name calling for believing that. Thats why I am doing what I am doing. If you call someone delusional because you dont agree with it, thats wrong.

There is no formula for figuring out top 10 pgs. Once you start questioning my intelligence regarding basketball is when I start getting defensive. Dont question me. Feel free to disagree but dont belittle my thinking. That goes for everyone including the Moderator who should know better then to label someone with faulty percentages as being delusional like its scripture. I am done here.

1, Inever called you a name,
2. I do disagree with you.
3. You started fliping out on me thru PM because Im a knick fan that doesnt believe what you said
4. You have said your done here three times, Maybe this is actually the last time I would hate to call you out and then you show me whos boss by all the knowledge you have,

Bruno
02-18-2012, 10:55 PM
How many minutes was lin avg before he started? not sure.

You'd be better off including total minutes, not games.
it'd be worth noting.

really man? His sample size is completely skewed with his 8 game run, if you don't understand that, I am not sure who hacked your account.
of course. but so what? if we isolated his eight game run his advanced line would be in LBJ territory. you think he's suddenly gona drop off the face of the planet just because of Melo? The production of Amare and Chandler is too important to the success of the Knicks, thus Lins role in involving those players is equally essential. His numbers will drop off compared to this eight game run, but as his eight game advanced log was already so vastly superior to any other point guard, it could drop off considerably and still merit top ten consideration.

There are 2 sides of the floor. Please don't think Lin won't come back down to earth (already has recently, your PER, TS, and WS/48 will reflect this soon enough, thank you sample size).

2 sides of the floor.
nash's MVPs, and Parkers finals MVP say hello :)

I can't believe you are falling for an 8 game sample size. I will completely agree Lin has an argument for top 10 if he does it over the next month, but give me a break.
are you gona infract me when I bump this thread at the end of the season? :love:

I know they aren't. but thats kind of my point. his advanced line without those other games would be in LBJ territory. even if and when his numbers come down to earth, he'll still be worthy of top ten consideration. considering his line, considering what he's brought to the knicks.

If I start a thread on top 10 centers, you better have Pekovic top 5 with your thought process on this subject...

I think his play has merited top ten consideration this season. especially with injuries to Lopez and Horford.

Bruno
02-18-2012, 10:57 PM

also- I'm not saying Lin is top five. even though his advanced log would say he is. I think he has a fine argument for top ten, that's all. time will tell.

Twins Fanatic
02-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I like the Jeremy Lin story but,
Lin= overrated, he's only started 8 games so far...

He has played against some good points guards in that stretch (williams, wall, rubio, calderon, evans), but 6 of those 8 teams are none are non playoff/sub .500 teams
His 5.2 turnover average doesn't help his cause either.

Don't get me wrong, the kid deserves credit, he has that team winning. Eight games (started) is NOT enough to put him in top 10 positional ranking.

Give it another 2 to 3 weeks when he has a healthy Melo and Stoudemire and faces playoff teams (Dallas 2x, Miami, Atlanta, Boston, San Antonio).

iliketurtles24
02-18-2012, 11:16 PM
hahah love the stupidity

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 11:21 PM
which part? lol

LakersIn5
02-19-2012, 12:00 AM
jeremy has got to be there. since getting real playing time jeremy lin has been posting beastly numbers and WINS! yes he turns the ball over by alot but does it really matter if he can lead his team without amare and melo to a WIN?!? and 7-1 in that span. subsitute him with someone like curry, lowry, lawson, wall, irving and i doubt that those guys can put up the same numbers (yeah TOs) and GET 7 STRAIGHT WINS just like lin.

Kashmir13579
02-19-2012, 12:03 AM

I hope you haven't watched all his games and are saying this, Hawkeye. Otherwise you should be ashamed of yourself for hating so hard. Kid can play.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I hope you haven't watched all his games and are saying this, Hawkeye. Otherwise you should be ashamed of yourself for hating so hard. Kid can play.

no doubt he can play, But its too premature to put him in the top 10

kozelkid
02-19-2012, 12:06 AM
of course. but so what? if we isolated his eight game run his advanced line would be in LBJ territory. you think he's suddenly gona drop off the face of the planet just because of Melo? The production of Amare and Chandler is too important to the success of the Knicks, thus Lins role in involving those players is equally essential. His numbers will drop off compared to this eight game run, but as his eight game advanced log was already so vastly superior to any other point guard, it could drop off considerably and still merit top ten consideration.

You are heavily underrating the ability of defenses adjusting, getting a better scouting report on him and possibly just having a nice streak.

Remember Brandon Jennings in his rookie year when he was absolutely tearing it up? Or the 1st half of Ronald "Flip" Murray's second year in the NBA? In Flip Murray's case, he ended up completely irrelevant and is already out of the league. Jennings finally started playing well again after 2 seasons of struggling since that hot start.

LakersIn5
02-19-2012, 12:06 AM

different story because jeremy lin is LEADING the knicks to victory where as the wolves are not winning that much in that stretch but also the wins could be most accounted to kevin love.

kozelkid
02-19-2012, 12:07 AM
different story because jeremy lin is LEADING the knicks to victory where as the wolves are not winning that much in that stretch but also the wins could be most accounted to kevin love.

On a cupcake schedule. That's VERY impressive. If not for Lin's awesome stretch, I still bet that Knicks would have played that stretch at at least a .500 win rate.

For the record, I'm not saying that Lin won't make it. But making a judgment on 8 games is ridiculous and case of shortsightedness and being a prisoner of the moment.

He has played great thus far, but he does deserve to be looked at as a top 10 pg just yet.

LakersIn5
02-19-2012, 12:07 AM

2 sides of the floor.

then jeremy lin must be god because recently lin's numbers were 10 pts, 13 assists and then a 27 point game. what more if he hasnt come done to earth? :p

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 12:08 AM
You are heavily underrating the ability of defenses adjusting, getting a better scouting report on him and possibly just having a nice streak.

Remember Brandon Jennings in his rookie year when he was absolutely tearing it up? Or the 1st half of Ronald "Flip" Murray's second year in the NBA? In Flip Murray's case, he ended up completely irrelevant and is already out of the league. Jennings finally started playing well again after 2 seasons of struggling since that hot start.

Disagree, He isnt those types, Jennings was amazing but just was scoring, Murray just scored, Lin assists and scores, he wont be irrlevant he may go down a bit but wont be bad, But in no way can anyone justify him being in the top 10 this early

LakersIn5
02-19-2012, 12:09 AM
On a cupcake schedule. That's VERY impressive. If not for Lin's awesome stretch, I still bet that Knicks would have played that stretch at at least a .500 win rate.

thats the point. it was because of LIN'S AWESOME STRETCH ;)

not saying the lin is better than deron but even with a cupcake schedule deron cant even with back to back.

kozelkid
02-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Disagree, He isnt those types, Jennings was amazing but just was scoring, Murray just scored, Lin assists and scores, he wont be irrlevant he may go down a bit but wont be bad, But in no way can anyone justify him being in the top 10 this early

I'm not saying Lin will disappear like those 2 did (especially Murray), but merely pointing out examples where a nice stretch meant little in the long term.

I think Lin will be an above average creator and can run the pick and roll. That much is obvious and is already a big improvement for the Knicks. I don't think he'll be scoring at the rate or efficiency he currently is at, though.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm not saying Lin will disappear like those 2 did (especially Murray), but merely pointing out examples where a nice stretch meant little in the long term.

I think Lin will be an above average creator and can run the pick and roll. That much is obvious and is already a big improvement for the Knicks. I don't think he'll be scoring at the rate or efficiency he currently is at, though.

Oh ok, I dont disagree with that, he cant keep it up scoring, Now Jrsmith, Melo, and baron davis are all coming back, His scoring and shot attempts should go down, but i do think his assists will go up and his turnovers will take a dip down, I get what your saying and agree, IMO he shouldnt be allowed to be mentioned in the top 10 convo yet

LakersIn5
02-19-2012, 12:14 AM

did those guys also lead their teams to 7 straight wins as the main man without their stars?

Kashmir13579
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
also- I'm not saying Lin is top five. even though his advanced log would say he is. I think he has a fine argument for top ten, that's all. time will tell.

Who cares about his numbers, they will continue to slowly decline. His skill-set is perfect for a D'antoni team. You'd have to be a fool to think he won't get better.

Hawkeye is crying over the turnovers; but he should've looked and seen that his boy Rubio turns it over twice more per 100 possessions.

kozelkid
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
did those guys also lead their teams to 7 straight wins as the main man without their stars?

Is basketball a team sport?

And yes, Bucks had an impressive record during Jennings' streak, while I don't remember about Flip.

LA_Raiders
02-19-2012, 12:17 AM
cp3
rose
nash
westbrook
parker
williams
rondo
curry
lawry

This... and yes, no Lin

Cfrey
02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
rubio
rubio
rubio
rubio
rubio
rubio
rubio
rubio
rubio
rubio

LakersIn5
02-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Is basketball a team sport?

And yes, Bucks had an impressive record during Jennings' streak, while I don't remember about Flip.

jeremy lin LEADING his team to win without its 2 stars is a basic example of basketball as a team sports. because of lin his teammates were able to score easily and when he needed to he scored as well.

Kashmir13579
02-19-2012, 12:21 AM
no doubt he can play, But its too premature to put him in the top 10

I don't care about ranking players on psd.

kozelkid
02-19-2012, 12:22 AM
jeremy lin LEADING his team to win without its 2 stars is a basic example of basketball as a team sports. because of lin his teammates were able to score easily and when he needed to he scored as well.

Great.

And Lin has played well, no denying that. Can he continue it though? That's the question. And you can't answer that.

And the opponents that he faces is just important.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 12:23 AM
I don't care about ranking players on psd.

Not saying you should, In every ranking its too pre mature to put him top 10 esp in a stacked pos like PG

GodsSon
02-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Where does Jose Calderon fit into this discussion? He's been pretty damn consistent all season.

LakersIn5
02-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Great.

And Lin has played well, no denying that. Can he continue it though? That's the question. And you can't answer that.

And the opponents that he faces is just important.

yep we just have to wait and see.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Where does Jose Calderon fit into this discussion? He's been pretty damn consistent all season.

To me there can def be an agurment made for him in the top 10 but I have just outside the top 10

ManRam
02-19-2012, 12:31 AM
1a. jameer nelson
1b. chris paul
2. derrick rose
3. russy westrbook
4. steve nash
5. tony parker
6. deron williams (he's better than 6th best, but he hasn't been playing like it...and i blame his team, not him)
7. rondo
8. jeremy lin (hard to judge 8 games...)
9. kyrie
10. lou williams/jrue/brandon jennings/calderon

if calderon could defend he'd be higher than a tie for 10. he can't though.

GOON MUSIC
02-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Jeremy Lin
Derek Fisher
Mike James
CP3
D Rose
Russell Westbrook

In No Particular order

OR in proper order ... you be the judge

ramz.n
02-19-2012, 12:37 AM
paul
rose
westbrook
lowry
parker
rondo
nash
lawson
rubio
kyrie
with williams as #11 and conley #12

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 12:40 AM
what dis respect towards deron williams

Jarvo
02-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Rose
Westbrook
Rondo
D.will
Jennings
kyle lowry
Nash
Tony parker
Lou Williams
Idk

Jarvo
02-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Ahh **** Chris Paul ! Add him on mines

GOON MUSIC
02-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Rose
Westbrook
Rondo
D.will
Jennings
kyle lowry
Nash
Tony parker
Lou Williams
Idk

IDK over CP3 ??? smfh

Ahh **** Chris Paul ! Add him on mines
DISREGARD THIS ^^

ManRam
02-19-2012, 12:52 AM
IDK over CP3 ??? smfh

DISREGARD THIS ^^

yeah, chris paul is pretty bougie.

Kashmir13579
02-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Not saying you should, In every ranking its too pre mature to put him top 10 esp in a stacked pos like PG

I agree. But some people acting like this kid has no ceiling and will regress to an average nba player. I think thats crazy. Especially if D'antoni gets an extension. (highly likely)

Sota4Ever
02-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Anyone that puts Lin in there top 10 or thinks he deserves consideration. Better have Tebow in their top 10 of qb's.

Bruno
02-19-2012, 01:19 AM

perhaps. but that's the dangerous thing about this new york team, if they mesh. will defenses really focus in on jeremy lin and make him priority #1 when they have to deal with Melo and Amare? afterall, he's not even a top ten PG. :D

Bruno
02-19-2012, 01:21 AM
by the way, i don't think it's crazy to think that jeremy lin isn't top ten. i just think its crazy for people to call me crazy for thinking that it's a possibility.

Sota4Ever
02-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Of course you don't think its crazy to think that lin isn't top ten.

latinofire21
02-19-2012, 01:32 AM
by the way, i don't think it's crazy to think that jeremy lin isn't top ten. I just think its crazy for people to call me crazy for thinking that it's a possibility.

agreeeeeeeeeeeed

Lake_Show2416
02-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Rose
Cp3
D. Will
Rondo
Nash
Westbrook
Parker
Jameer Nelson
Curry
Kyrie Irving

#11 Rubio

NYYCowboys
02-19-2012, 01:47 AM
1.Lin
2.Lin
3.Lin
4.Lin
5.Lin
6.Lin
7.Lin
8.Lin
9.Lin
10.Lin

ManRam
02-19-2012, 01:50 AM
by the way, i don't think it's crazy to think that jeremy lin isn't top ten. i just think its crazy for people to call me crazy for thinking that it's a possibility.

dude has started 8 games. anyone who is certain of their assessment of him is wrong. let him play it out...

Duncan = Donkey
02-19-2012, 02:12 AM
the other side of the floor is why.

whatever man, you obviously have a hard on for a certain role player.

Lowry better than Nash:facepalm:

DaBear
02-19-2012, 02:15 AM
MVP
CP3
D Will
Westbrook
Rondo

BALLER R
02-19-2012, 02:22 AM

not too sure with that because the toronto game yeah he hit the game winner but he could not guard calderon. Jose was lighting him up

BALLER R
02-19-2012, 02:24 AM
People look at the number lin out up but they don't look at the game the opposing PG had against him

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 02:25 AM
whatever man, you obviously have a hard on for a certain role player.

Lowry better than Nash:facepalm:

At least attempt to debate me versus facepalming me with intent.

Avenged
02-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Lowry just shoots 40% for me to have him in the top 5 among PGs.. I'd say he's more along 7-10.

wjmoffatt
02-19-2012, 03:12 AM
1.) CP3
2.) Westbrook (Have him over Rose cause his missed so many games now, Rose will be ahead of him by seasons end if healthy. And yes he turns the ball over but guess what Nash doesn't play D a tenth as good as him nor does Tony Parker, Rondo can't score or shoot free throws even close to h bosom plays a man down on half court offense cause Rondos nojumper, Amd yes Rose is amazing but look more closely at stats they avg close to the same things in practically every categorybut rebounds and assists with each dominating the other and the Bulls are winning without Rose so his not MVP as ppl might think)
3.) Rose
4) Tony Parker
5) Rondo
6.) Nash (has great stats but plays no D)
7.) Kyle Lowry (started hot but is falling off)
8.) Stephen Curry
9.) Deron Williams (Not giving him upthere because his name alone like most people would)
10.) Ricky Rubio or Jose Calderon

kingsdelez24
02-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Anybody but lin... id rather put bibby before him

Raph12
02-19-2012, 04:44 AM
1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Deron Williams
3b. Russell Westbrook
5. Tony Parker
5b. Steve Nash
7. Rajon Rondo
7b. Stephon Curry
9. Kyrie Irving
10. John Wall

You guys are overreacting to a poor start by John Wall, these are his numbers in his last 20 games; 19.2ppg-5.3rpg-7.9apg-1.2spg-1.1bpg on 46.8FG% and 85FT%. His 3pt shooting still needs a lot of work, but it looks like he's really come back to his great ways recently, despite lacking the motivation playing in Washington... If you think that's not Top 10 PG numbers, then you're just ignorant. Everyone is entitled to a bad start, considering the circumstances (lockout/no training camp).

Evolution23
02-19-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm a Knicks fan and even I can admit Lin isn't a top 10 pg yet.

ModernDaySavage
02-19-2012, 05:41 AM
It's awesome how some people will throw out facepalms if Rose isn't ranked #1....and also, since when is slashing, scoring, and rebounding the most important PG skills? This is laughable.

alencp3
02-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Overall

Paul
D-Will
Rose
Nash
Westbrook
Rondo
Parker
Rubio
Curry
Wall

awesomeovie8
02-19-2012, 07:31 AM
I have to say Im adding Jrue Holiday to the discussion. He has the 6ers playing great

hugofor3points
02-19-2012, 08:10 AM

Paul - NBA all stars.
D-will- NBA all stars.

Honorable Mention

:up::up::up:

justinnum1
02-19-2012, 10:24 AM
First it doesnt make us a better team, its true we were missing a pg, Without wade and bron IDk if you beat utah or LA, Bosh would of def had them go at least 4-3 maybe 5-2

I never said that, i said without melo and amare the knicks play better team ball...the results speak for themselves(even tho they were against weak opponents)

Dankster
02-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Lin is definitely not a top 10 point guard. He's averaging 7 turnovers per game in his last 5, anybody who turns the ball over as much as him can't be spoken about in the same category as the elite PG's in the game. Maybe one day he will be, but he can't be spoken in the same category with these guys who've been doing it for years while we only have an 8 game sample size to assess Lins' game.

kdspurman
02-19-2012, 11:43 AM
There isn't a PG who's played every game and meant more to their team than Parker. Even including CP3. TP thus far has been the best, and even Nash for that matter. People just say Rose/CP3. Not this year.

mightybosstone
02-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm really pleased to see Lowry finally get some credit. He's without a doubt a top 10 PG and I think he'll soon be considered an unquestioned top 5 PG...

THE MTL
02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Top 10- no particular order

Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Rajan Rondo
Kyle Lowry
Russell Westbrook
Ty Lawson
Tony Parker
Jeremy Lin

papipapsmanny
02-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Since Flip Saunders has been fired Wall has definitely been a top 10 point guard for what its worth.

in his last 10 games he is shooting 48.5% and that is including a really terrible 1-12 performance.

Really the only thing that hasn't improved since flips's firing is his 3 point shot and the TOs

nycericanguy
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Lin is starting to enter the convo, even if you count all the games where he played only a couple of minutes in garbage time, (which of course killed his overall averages) he is still averaging almost 15 & 7 on 50% shooting!

And he is basically responsible for half of his teams wins.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
still isnt top ten yet, IMO he has played amazing and i love it, But I wont put him in the top ten till i see at least 8 to 10 more games like this