PDA

View Full Version : Pau thinks he could get traded soon..where do you think he lands?

spreadeagle
02-17-2012, 04:08 PM
While he's worked proactively to set the rumors aside, Gasol told me today he still senses the Lakers are are ready to move him once a good enough deal comes along. "There's talks and rumors every day. Today I was reading it was Minnesota is really interested in trying to put a good package together," he said. "[Other teams are] calling, and it seems like things are just waiting for the right offer to come along for [the Lakers] to pull the trigger."

It would give me some peace, or more peace," he said.

"Every day I tell myself, try to let it go. Don't think about it. Have fun, be the player you are out there. That's all that you can do."

At least as it relates to his on court performance, Gasol is effectively setting aside the off court stuff. While his shooting percentage is down (46.8 percent), over seven February games Gasol has produced 18.6 points, 14 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 1.7 blocks a night. As for the rumor itself, the latest sends Pau to Minnesota in exchange for anything not named Kevin Love or Ricky Rubio. Almost certainly any package would be centered around Derrick Williams, the second pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, plus whatever else Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss might want off David Kahn's roster, which while improving still has an Island of Misfit Toys feel after Love and Rubio.

Even if the Lakers managed to acquire a point guard in the process (Luke Ridnour?), there's no way this sort of deal actually improves them. It only makes sense (and avoids a totally apoplectic Kobe Bryant) if the Lakers believed strongly they could use Williams as a chip in another trade, or as part of a three-team swap. Certainly he'd have some appeal as a young, potential cornerstone. Enough to help swing trades for Dwight Howard or Deron Williams? Who knows.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/27152/pau-gasol-still-unsure-of-his-future-in-los-angeles

ArmLaker
02-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Atlanta or Minnesota

Hellcrooner
02-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Minessota is the most probable destiny.....im fine with that.

Could end up in Houston......dont liek the idea since it would be a depleted team to get him.
coudl end up in Atlanta wich could be intriguin.

Long shots to bulls ( enticing idea) and Celtics.........:puke: )

Shadowplay
02-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Would be pretty cool seeing him play along side his brother in Memphis.

D12 fan
02-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Pau,Blake for Jsmoove,Hinrich

Atl
pg:Teague,Blake
sg:Joe,Greene
sf:Williams,Tmac
pf:Horford,Dirty bird
c:Gasol,ZaZa

LA
pg:Hinrich,Fisher
sg:Kobe,Goudlock
sf:Metta,Barnes,Ebanks
pf:Jsmoove,Mcroberts
c:Bynum,Murphy

Hellcrooner
02-17-2012, 04:24 PM

but how do you make it happen?

Lakers nor a third team woudl want Randolph.

Gay may be dealt, but then what do you do with Both gasols and Randolph, who gets degraded to the bench?.....

mmm maybe sixers coudl offer something too.

Hellcrooner
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM

Atl

LA

Thats one of the best destinys posible.....pity Horford is out for the year

Ty Fast
02-17-2012, 04:29 PM
i would love him to play center on the heat

Hellcrooner
02-17-2012, 04:32 PM

That cant happen at all.

Lakers are not gonna amnesty him.

Heat woudl need to trade One of their big three to make it happen.

So, you can forget bout that.

Gritz
02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Atlanta for Teague and Smith

Gritz
02-17-2012, 04:34 PM

LOL I bet

numba1CHANGsta
02-17-2012, 04:35 PM

Atl

LA

This is probably the best deal possible out there right now for Pau, its pretty even if you think about it. Minny wont give up Love or Rubio so no point for the Lakers to trade with them, only other team I can see Pau getting traded to is the Nets for D-Will so if Pau goes, its either to ATL or NJ. Houston has a chance but only if its a 3-team deal with the Magic

Hunter48MVP
02-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I think he lands in Minnesota with a three team trade with New Jersey. Deron Williams and Wesley Johnson heads to the Lakers, Gasol heads to Minny, and Derrick Williams, Michael Beasley, World Peace, and 2 first round draft picks from(Minny and Lakers)

smith&wesson
02-17-2012, 04:39 PM

Zack randolph for gasol :shrug:

gotoHcarolina52
02-17-2012, 04:40 PM
'Sota

raiderNlakerfan
02-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Minny, celtics, hawks, in that order

lvlheaded
02-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Minnesota in a 3 team deal with Jersey? I doubt Jersey wants to trade D-Will but they really should build for the future instead of gutting the roster for Dwight.

LA gets: Deron Williams
Min gets: Pau
NJ gets: Derrick Williams, Anthony Randolph, Steve Blake 2 first round picks

Something alone those line. NJ would get a couple young forwards to develop along with Brooks and Lopez and a 3rd first rounder in this deep draft and another pick in a future draft. Will it happen? No, because NJ is hell bent on having Dwight and Deron next year, but it would probably be a great move for them going forward.

spreadeagle
02-17-2012, 04:46 PM
How has Williams been playing for Minny? is he worth the Lakers trying to get

Missing56&33
02-17-2012, 04:47 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/537/137/135704008_crop_650x440.jpg?1327083390

The Heat already have a center. :laugh2:

Hellcrooner
02-17-2012, 04:48 PM
only beef i have with sotta is, with so much capspace wasted on Love and Pau, how woudl they upgrade the wings? because they suck salty balls.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 04:54 PM

Atl

LA

Pau > Josh Smith

Tmath
02-17-2012, 04:56 PM
To Lakers: Rudy Gay & Tony Allen

To Grizzles: Pau Gasol, Devin Ebanks & 1st Rd Pick

smith&wesson
02-17-2012, 04:57 PM
i dont understand why the lakers are so eager to move him.

Hellcrooner
02-17-2012, 04:59 PM
i dont understand why the lakers are so eager to move him.

there is something rotten inside that affected his and the lakers performance the past june and they havent let it go.

I dont know if its KObe vs Pau or Drew vs Pau or Pau vs Buss Jr or whatever, but there is something wrong inside the doors.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 04:59 PM

:laugh2:

In fact, we should be the ones getting a first round pick from you guys. And no, we want a point guard in exchange, and Mike Conley doesn't really intrigue us.

Hellcrooner
02-17-2012, 05:03 PM
:laugh2:

In fact, we should be the ones getting a first round pick from you guys. And no, we want a point guard in exchange, and Mike Conley doesn't really intrigue us.

doenst he?

i wish we coudl trade Bynum and two first rounders for COnly and Marc.

LA_Raiders
02-17-2012, 05:09 PM
He wont be traded unless is to Houston of for an elite PG...

koetravis
02-17-2012, 05:13 PM
God, I hope Houston doesn't try and trade for him.

numba1CHANGsta
02-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Pau+picks for Gay+Conley

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Pau+picks for Gay+Conley

You don't trade big for small unless that small is ELITE (ie. Deron Williams, Chris Paul or Derrick Rose).

NO DEAL!

DoMeFavors
02-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Drama queen.......

So I guess Lakers know they arent getting Dwight.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Drama queen.......

So I guess Lakers know they arent getting Dwight.

On the contrary, we're getting him and Deron Williams. :drool:

DoMeFavors
02-17-2012, 05:26 PM
On the contrary, we're getting him and Deron Williams. :drool:

COOL!
Doesnt Kobe make like 35 Million next season or something???

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 05:28 PM
COOL!
Doesnt Kobe make like 35 Million next season or something???

We'll trade Pau to Minnesota for Derrick Williams, Beasley, Pekovic, Anthony Randolph, Wes Johnson and a 1st rounder and flip that over to NJ to get Deron Williams.

And whatever other 1st rounders we have and young assets we use the TPE with all of that and Bynum to Orlando for Dwight.

Tada! :D

BigBlueCrew
02-17-2012, 05:30 PM
We'll trade Pau to Minnesota for Derrick Williams, Beasley, Pekovic, Anthony Randolph, Wes Johnson and a 1st rounder and flip that over to NJ to get Deron Williams.

And whatever other 1st rounders we have and young assets we use the TPE with all of that and Bynum to Orlando for Dwight.

hey Jay-Z is not gonna like that!

DoMeFavors
02-17-2012, 05:31 PM

Ok then we will trade Brook Lopez and Jordan Farmar for LeBron, then Okur for Kevin Garnett and a 1st rounder. Then trade Marshon Brooks for CHris paul.

TADA

hawks4
02-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Atlanta for Teague and Smith

In your dreams.

mp3
02-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Trade gasol to minny for williams and beasley.
Try and get sessions or just sign gilbert.

Gilbert or Sessions
Kobe
Derrick Williams
Beasley
Bynum

Kobe will whip gilbert and beasley into playing a little d. He rubs off on players

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Ok then we will trade Brook Lopez and Jordan Farmar for LeBron, then Okur for Kevin Garnett and a 1st rounder. Then trade Marshon Brooks for CHris paul.

TADA

D-Will and Dwight both can become free agents this summer, that's where Nets and Orlando get effed and would rather get trade value for those guys rather than let them walk and look like damn fools.

shep33
02-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah, like Hawkeye mentioned in the Wolves forum, the only way the Lakers and Wolves do a deal is if a third team is involved.

sep11ie
02-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Totally super duper input.

Kucka
02-17-2012, 05:50 PM
As a Celtics fan i'd hate to see Josh Smith go to the Lakers. Plus if they did that move it would probably entice Howard to check out LA cause they're buddy buddy after all.

Smith and Howard on a team would just destroy the post on D.

shep33
02-17-2012, 05:51 PM
We'll see what happens. I think it's a good chance he gets dealt, unless we get a pg

DoMeFavors
02-17-2012, 05:51 PM
D-Will and Dwight both can become free agents this summer, that's where Nets and Orlando get effed and would rather get trade value for those guys rather than let them walk and look like damn fools.

Lakers are done, please rebuild.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Lakers are done, please rebuild.

Even if we had to rebuild, wouldn't take us long to do so.

Example: Break up Shaq-Kobe Dynasty in 2004 after losing in the finals.

Some bad years, and back to the finals 4 yrs laters in 2008. ;)

So what's the deal with your franchise? Last finals appearance in 2002, and irrelevant since then. :confused:

Don't challenge me DoMeFavors, I'll win the argument 10 out of 10 times.

Vincent
02-17-2012, 05:54 PM
I hope the Bulls make a play. Still think he's one of the most underrated big men in the league.

Cfrey
02-17-2012, 05:55 PM
How has Williams been playing for Minny? is he worth the Lakers trying to get

he's got star potential but he's too slow to play SF and he isn't going to get minutes behind the best PF in the league.. so i mean he has shown flashes of what he can do but the minutes aren't consistent and he just hasn't gotten into a rhythm

give him a couple of years and he could be a nice player in LA

shep33
02-17-2012, 05:57 PM
he's got star potential but he's too slow to play SF and he isn't going to get minutes behind the best PF in the league.. so i mean he has shown flashes of what he can do but the minutes aren't consisted and he just hasn't gotten into a rhythm

Yeah he really needs to play PF, but again, he's still an unknown talent right now. Lakers would try and gut Minny unless a 3rd team was involved. So I wouldn't expect this deal to go down in all truth.

Vincent
02-17-2012, 05:58 PM
he's got star potential but he's too slow to play SF and he isn't going to get minutes behind the best PF in the league.. so i mean he has shown flashes of what he can do but the minutes aren't consisted and he just hasn't gotten into a rhythm

Seen him play a few times.

Seems like a pretty perimeter orientated player to be a PF. Maybe I haven't seen enough of him at that position.

Love the athleticism and stroke. But size and perimeter game suggest he'd be better as a SF, but that's just me.

xxplayerxx23
02-17-2012, 06:02 PM
lol If the grizz offered conoly and gay for gasol and picks LA would do it in a second, Are you kidding me KB? saying no deal. Fills both your needs, Conoly kobe gay Mcroberts bynum is way better then your team now. Mcroberts is under rated guy can score,

tippa irie
02-17-2012, 06:03 PM
PAU is going to the Bucks

xxplayerxx23
02-17-2012, 06:05 PM

So what's the deal with your franchise? Last finals appearance in 2002, and irrelevant since then. :confused:

lol i challenge you, past is irrelvent when we are talking about now. You wont have kobe for much longer, You have him for a little longer, your not getting dwill your not gett howard unless your giving up gasol and bynum.stop your stuck with your ok team now. Gasol will be dealt because there going to panic, they wont be winning with the team they have now

DoubleDragon
"Over seven February games Gasol has produced 18.6 points, 14 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 1.7 blocks a night"

WOW

I just hope everyone realizes what we had before we let him go. I for one think it's gonna take quite the deal to replace the big Spaniard who has got us to 3 Finals over 4 years (and 2 'ships)

Gasol's a monster, consistent, should be an all-star and more than makes up for his "soft" infamy by bringing all his size and skill to our team.

That said...:o

Man we need some help at PG and SF. I'm still foolish enough to think the FO knows what they're doing and have something great in the works. Everyone gives Kupchak a hard time, but we all know deep inside he's just a puppet regime to the trailerpark king that is Jimmy Buss.

It's all gonna happen in the next couple weeks. The suspense is killing me. The second half of this shortened season is gonna be wild.

Here we go;)

Much respect and appreciation to Pau:clap: If this is true (which it probably is) He deserves all the best and some lucky team is gonna be stoked.

shep33

Lifetime supply of cheese + Jennings + Bogut. You got yourself a deal friendo :D

Kaspa
02-17-2012, 06:06 PM

As long as Jennings & Jackson are coming to L.A. in the deal...I hope you're right!

shep33
02-17-2012, 06:07 PM
"Over seven February games Gasol has produced 18.6 points, 14 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 1.7 blocks a night"

WOW

I just hope everyone realizes what we had before we let him go. I for one think it's gonna take quite the deal to replace the big Spaniard who has got us to 3 Finals over 4 years (and 2 'ships)

Gasol's a monster, consistent, should be an all-star and more than makes up for his "soft" infamy by bringing all his size and skill to our team.

That said...:o

Man we need some help at PG and SF. I'm still foolish enough to think the FO knows what they're doing and have something great in the works. Everyone gives Kupchak a hard time, but we all know deep inside he's just a puppet regime to the trailerpark king that is Jimmy Buss.

It's all gonna happen in the next couple weeks. The suspense is killing me. The second half of this shortened season is gonna be wild.

Here we go;)

Much respect and appreciation to Pau:clap: If this is true (which it probably is) He deserves all the best and some lucky team is gonna be stoked.

Well said, Pau has been straight ballin lately

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
lol If the grizz offered conoly and gay for gasol and picks LA would do it in a second, Are you kidding me KB? saying no deal. Fills both your needs, Conoly kobe gay Mcroberts bynum is way better then your team now. Mcroberts is under rated guy can score,

We can keep both Bynum and Gasol and go and use our first rounders and TPE to get a Calderon or a Sessions or Andre Miller. The only way you give up one of your bigs is if you get an elite point guard.

How do we go from trading Pau to Chris Paul, having that trade nixed, and now have to settle for Pau for Mike Conley (and yes Gay, but we already have a perimeter scorer in Kobe).

shep33
02-17-2012, 06:09 PM
If we (Lakers) had an average NBA point guard... we'd be pretty good lol. Amazing with the roster that we have, that we've somehow stayed pretty competitive. Think we're like 5th out west?

OA SLAY
02-17-2012, 06:10 PM
LA needs to jump on
Beasley
Ridnour
Randolph

xxplayerxx23
02-17-2012, 06:11 PM
We can keep both Bynum and Gasol and go and use our first rounders and TPE to get a Calderon or a Sessions or Andre Miller. The only way you give up one of your bigs is if you get an elite point guard.

How do we go from trading Pau to Chris Paul, having that trade nixed, and now have to settle for Pau for Mike Conley (and yes Gay, but we already have a perimeter scorer in Kobe).

that was a terrible trade, You gave up more then just gasol, anyway you get two needs, Calderon would be nice,but andre miller really? im sorry but he is old and nothing speical anymore. conley is nice and so is gay, Gay fills that sf need and conley fills the pg need. Its a soild trade right there.

shep33
02-17-2012, 06:11 PM
LA needs to jump on
Beasley
Ridnour
Randolph

LA needs to move out of Staples if this happens

xxplayerxx23
02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
If we (Lakers) had an average NBA point guard... we'd be pretty good lol. Amazing with the roster that we have, that we've somehow stayed pretty competitive. Think we're like 5th out west?

If you put conoly and gay on the lakers for gasol, you guys would be better, IMO thats a good trade. then you have mcroberts who can score to start and still have aretest and Murphy off the bench, Idk if you guys could compete out west without a pg.

shep33
02-17-2012, 06:15 PM
If you put conoly and gay on the lakers for gasol, you guys would be better, IMO thats a good trade. then you have mcroberts who can score to start and still have aretest and Murphy off the bench, Idk if you guys could compete out west without a pg.

Oh I'm not disputing that at all lol. I'd do that deal in a second. Pretty sure Memphis doesn't though... Zbo, Marc, and Pau? Too many bigs.

xxplayerxx23
02-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Oh I'm not disputing that at all lol. I'd do that deal in a second. Pretty sure Memphis doesn't though... Zbo, Marc, and Pau? Too many bigs.

Oh I read it in this thread, I thought it was a rumor that was thrown out, now that i think about it there are too many bigs for memphis, but is a win for the lakers if that went down.

shep33
02-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Oh I read it in this thread, I thought it was a rumor that was thrown out, now that i think about it there are too many bigs for memphis, but is a win for the lakers if that went down.

I agree, I'd do it in a second, but again, just too many bigs. Memphis loses a great pg too. Really doesn't make sense for them

The Final Boss
02-17-2012, 06:24 PM

That isn't saying much, unwrapping a Snickers bar with your toes would be a bigger accomplishment.

markm777
02-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I really think houston has a chance.

dragic, martin, scola for pau, blake, trade exception + picks, or bring in a third team.

Houston would have
Lowry/Blake
Lee/Budinger
Parsons/filler
Hill/patterson/gasol
gasol/dalembert/hill

lakers would have

dragic/fisher(vet mentor)/goudelock
kobe/martin/goudlelock
barnes/mwp
scola/murphy
bynum/ McRoberts

personally lakers in playoffs would match up better with okc, dal, clips in late games.
lakers could go dragic/martin/kobe/scola/bynum to compete with

paul/foye/butler/griffen/jordan
Westbrook/durant/harden/ibaka/Perkins
Kidd/terry/odom/dirk/Haywood (this one could be different/ idk what line up they use don"t see them enough)

kobe could guard harden or butler, dallas might be tougher.

obviously there would have to picks/ third team to get this trade done but i think both teams would benefit.

Cfrey
02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Seen him play a few times.

Seems like a pretty perimeter orientated player to be a PF. Maybe I haven't seen enough of him at that position.

Love the athleticism and stroke. But size and perimeter game suggest he'd be better as a SF, but that's just me.

His game does fit the SF position better but he's too slow and needs to work on his dribble to be an effective 3.

Otherwise he's going to be one of those talents that just gets lost between the 3 and the 4 position.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-17-2012, 06:50 PM
That isn't saying much, unwrapping a Snickers bar with your toes would be a bigger accomplishment.

Actually, I can proudly say I've done that before....TWICE! ;)

Cal827
02-17-2012, 06:56 PM
He'll land on his soft asss...

in Boston :p

thedfactor
02-17-2012, 07:05 PM
As long as he's not dealt to Jersey for Deron it's fine. D-Will needs to be a Maverick! Haha

rockbottom2010
02-17-2012, 08:28 PM
timberwolves for pekovic and possibly tolliver

mgsports
02-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Paul Gasol/Ray Allen to Memphis,with Rondo to Lakers,Gay/Ebanks/Randolph to Celtics and then Randolph to Altanta,Josh Smith to Orlando and Orton/Luke Rideour/Beasley to Boston and Bradley and so on to Minnesota?

Celtics33
02-17-2012, 08:36 PM
pau,blake for jsmoove,hinrich

atl
pg:teague,blake
sg:joe,greene
sf:williams,tmac
pf:horford,dirty bird
c:gasol,zaza

la
pg:hinrich,fisher
sg:kobe,goudlock
sf:metta,barnes,ebanks
pf:jsmoove,mcroberts
c:bynum,murphy

+1

Celtics33
02-17-2012, 08:37 PM
timberwolves for pekovic and possibly tolliver

:crazy:

Hellcrooner
02-18-2012, 04:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=775tll2 +port first to the lakers

could work for everybody.

shep33
02-18-2012, 04:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=775tll2 +port first to the lakers

could work for everybody.

Crooner I mentioned it in the Laker forum... your essentially handing the Blazers a trip to the WCF. A Pau, LA frontline would kill everybody.

While the Lakers get back a 56 year old center who would backup Bynum, and a pg that is probably having the worst year of his career.

topdog
02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I think a future of Bynum and Williams would be a pretty nice start, but I don't see the Lakers prepared to give up Gasol for a rookie who can't get off Adelman's bench (whatever extenuating circumstances there may be).

I also wouldn't want the Wolves to give up Nikola Pekovic, but that would be a must if I'm the Lakers.

howiend
02-18-2012, 05:07 PM
i don't think it makes any sense for the wolves to give up pekovic and dwilliams for pau...sorry, no way that is happening

shep33
02-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't do it if I were Minny...However, Pekovic's deal is up after next year, and you know in this league teams will overpay for any viable big out there.

kovah
02-18-2012, 05:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7h8ayop

This trade (despite Hollinger's prediction) makes every team better.

Toronto Receives future: Derrick Williams, Beasley + Brad Miller and Ridnour (temporary point guard)

LA Lakers Receives: Calderon, Barbosa, Minny 1st round pick (protected top 10)

Minnesota Receives: Pau Gasol, Ed Davis, Toronto 2nd round pick

shep33
02-18-2012, 05:47 PM

Toronto Receives future: Derrick Williams, Beasley + Brad Miller and Ridnour (temporary point guard)

Probably the worst proposal the Lakers could ever see

astrosmaniac
02-18-2012, 06:09 PM
i still think scola, martin, dragic for pau is the best deal for everyone. rockets get an upgrade at PF, an upgrade at SG by letting lee start (imo), and get value for dragic. hes an ufa and someone will give him an offer to start somewhere so i doubt he stays next year

shep33
02-18-2012, 06:12 PM
i still think scola, martin, dragic for pau is the best deal for everyone. rockets get an upgrade at PF, an upgrade at SG by letting lee start (imo), and get value for dragic. hes an ufa and someone will give him an offer to start somewhere so i doubt he stays next year

Yeah, that's a pretty solid offer from Houston. I'm sure the Lakers would consider it. People don't realize how good Pau is. I would almost guarantee that his numbers improve to around 21 and 11-12 if he were on the Rockets. Bynum is becoming a force down low, and he's a bigger part of the offense. Then defensively, I think Pau is already averaging near 11 rpg, but remember that Bynum is pulling in around 13-14. If Bynum wasn't there I'm sure Pau's numbers would increase across the board pretty significantly.

nickdymez
02-18-2012, 06:36 PM
doenst he?

i wish we coudl trade Bynum and two first rounders for COnly and Marc.

Thats cuz your not really a Laker fan

wjmoffatt
02-18-2012, 06:44 PM
All these deals suck!
Only thing Lakers should do is a 3 team deal with Minnesota. Find a way to acquire Howard in the deal and DWill. If that's not possible see if the Pacers would like to do a move with West and Granger for Gasol.

Vampirate
02-18-2012, 06:46 PM

There is no way Toronto is trading their picks unless it lands them a Superstar coming back.

wjmoffatt
02-18-2012, 06:52 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=75dn8bp

Best one! Lakers could do a sign and trade then for DWill in the off season to pair up with Howard.

lpdunks8
02-18-2012, 10:39 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=75dn8bp

Best one! Lakers could do a sign and trade then for DWill in the off season to pair up with Howard.

What? The MagicInsider's recent tweet said they are trying to get the Lakers to offer Bynum (inference is that Pau only is being offered). You're thinking the Lakers would not only switch to offering Bynum for Howard, but also trade Pau for Ridnour and Diaw. I hope you're not a Lakers fan proposing this.

As far as the sign and trade for DWill after the season, what would there be to offer the Nets with Pau gone?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Either for ZBo, Derrick Williams and filer or Scola and Martin.

dannyh1469
02-19-2012, 05:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine#

The lakers would get upgrades at the small forward, the point guard, and a decent filler at the power forward

The hornets would get decent cap relief with the expiring contract of diaw.

And the bobcats get gasol and future picks and that allows them to let Kemba to get more minutes

basketfan4life
02-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Lakers fans are wrong at one thing, they don't need a playmaker, cause no matter who you get, the ball is gonna be on Kobes hands and that playmaking skills are going to be wasted...

Lakers need 2 things, a sf and a pg who can play d and knock down the 3 ball...That is all you need when you have 2 real good/great post scorers plus one of the greatest scorers of all time...That is it. Because as long as mike brown is their coach, they won't have real offensive sets and all.

UPRock
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
If I'm the Timberwolves I don't do that trade. Pekovic is playing better than him, and his contract is awesome. What the Timberwolves need is a good SG, and they have some trading pieces in Beasely and Ridnour.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM
only beef i have with sotta is, with so much capspace wasted on Love and Pau, how woudl they upgrade the wings? because they suck salty balls.

mid level exception, and praying that Wes becomes an average player. They would still be able to create around $5-7 million in cap space by letting Webster, Miller, and Beasley go though.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I do not want Pekovic included in any trade for Pau Gasol, so I find it hard to believe the Wolves can offer a better deal than another team possibly. If the Wolves can get away with moving just Williams, Ridnour, Randolph, and a pick (Utah's) for Pau, I am all for it.

Hellcrooner
02-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I do not want Pekovic included in any trade for Pau Gasol, so I find it hard to believe the Wolves can offer a better deal than another team possibly. If the Wolves can get away with moving just Williams, Ridnour, Randolph, and a pick (Utah's) for Pau, I am all for it.

Id im wolves id move Barea, Beasley, WIlliams and a first.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Id im wolves id move Barea, Beasley, WIlliams and a first.

I am fine with that. To those who are saying Pekovic is playing well, don't need him, there are 96 minutes available up front every night. Love is going to die if he continues at 39+ a night.

Love- 35 mpg
Pau- 32 mpg
Pekovic- 29 mpg

now that Pau is gone from alongside Bynum and Odom, you have the best PF-C combination in the NBA in Love-Pau-Pekovic.

Hellcrooner
02-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I am fine with that. To those who are saying Pekovic is playing well, don't need him, there are 96 minutes available up front every night. Love is going to die if he continues at 39+ a night.

Love- 35 mpg
Pau- 32 mpg
Pekovic- 29 mpg

now that Pau is gone from alongside Bynum and Odom, you have the best PF-C combination in the NBA in Love-Pau-Pekovic.

Not to mention you can play the three of them in spurts and create a major mismatch for other teams.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Not to mention you can play the three of them in spurts and create a major mismatch for other teams.

If the other teams SF is as bad as ours maybe. I don't want Pau or Love chasing a SF.

C-Style
02-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Trade gasol to minny for williams and beasley.
Try and get sessions or just sign gilbert.

Gilbert or Sessions
Kobe
Derrick Williams
Beasley
Bynum

Kobe will whip gilbert and beasley into playing a little d. He rubs off on players

I like it only if get Dwight

C-Style
02-19-2012, 05:39 PM

No thank you

1. Lakers can just get Session for the Dallas 1st round pick.
....Conley: 13.2/6.9/2.6 in 35 MPG, Sessions 10.4/5.6/3.2 in 25 MPG

2. Lakers can get a very decent SF with the TPE they have left, Not as good as Gay but decent enough to fit the ./.perfect role.

3. Lakers keep Gasol.

mzgrizz
02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
No way I'd want him back in Memphis
This is MARC's team now

lpdunks8
02-19-2012, 07:28 PM
No thank you

1. Lakers can just get Session for the Dallas 1st round pick.
....Conley: 13.2/6.9/2.6 in 35 MPG, Sessions 10.4/5.6/3.2 in 25 MPG

2. Lakers can get a very decent SF with the TPE they have left, Not as good as Gay but decent enough to fit the ./.perfect role.

3. Lakers keep Gasol.

Yes, the Lakers can get Sessions for the 1st rounder and his salary would take up about half of the TPE.

With regard to point 2, do you mean trade the other 1st for a decent SF who makes about $4.5M (the remaining TPE after the Sessions trade)?

3mikee_
02-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Lakers need to make some changes.. i hope this guy leaves soon. He's playing so passive and clearly his head isn't in the game. Hopefully they land a PG..

C-Style
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Yes, the Lakers can get Sessions for the 1st rounder and his salary would take up about half of the TPE.

With regard to point 2, do you mean trade the other 1st for a decent SF who makes about $4.5M (the remaining TPE after the Sessions trade)?

Yes! OR we can package that pick with Barnes and Blake.

Jared Dudley can hit the open 3. I'm sure we can make a move for another decent SF

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-19-2012, 08:13 PM
C-Style = Genius!, but who do you think would be a small forward that would fit half of our TPE?

C-Style
02-20-2012, 03:35 AM
C-Style = Genius!, but who do you think would be a small forward that would fit half of our TPE?

T-mac?
Dudley?
D Wright?
Battier?

Sadds The Gr8
02-20-2012, 03:44 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6uq4jmh

:shrug:

It'd work better if LAL could get a big instead of Nolan but Portland has no frontcourt depth.

xILLN355
02-20-2012, 04:07 AM

It'd work better if LAL could get a big instead of Nolan but Portland has no frontcourt depth.

so camby would be benched? pau gasol and aldridge starting? that's not a very good defensive frontcourt bro

Chronz
02-20-2012, 04:10 AM

so camby would be benched? pau gasol and aldridge starting? that's not a very good defensive frontcourt bro
Why not?

Sadds The Gr8
02-20-2012, 04:12 AM

It's fine IMO, and it gives Portland big man depth which they really need right now. Gasol and Aldridge would be a very good frontcourt.

Cfrey
02-20-2012, 04:16 AM
I think its clear what the Lakers need and I think a trade to Minnesota is possible if both sides want to get it done.. I mean we have the pieces the Lakers want and really it should only take Barea or Ridnour and Williams.. and MAYBE a pick..

they get their point in berea or ridnour and they get a potential star to replace the PF position

Cfrey
02-20-2012, 04:17 AM
all these laker fans overvaluing pau is just blasphemy

RB#20
02-20-2012, 05:06 AM
Paul Gasol/Ray Allen to Memphis,with Rondo to Lakers,Gay/Ebanks/Randolph to Celtics and then Randolph to Altanta,Josh Smith to Orlando and Orton/Luke Rideour/Beasley to Boston and Bradley and so on to Minnesota?

Hey why not include the rest of the NBA in this trade too? We can even throw in some Gold Ingots, Dane Cook & a magic show to make it even more out of this world. You know what...since it is a player of Pau Gasol's nature lets construct a time-machine to bring back Michael Jordan while he is still in his prime and work him into this trade. After all...this is Pau Gasol we're talking about. Entire team-swaps are mandatory in order to achieve a fair trade. And I thought my trade that I proposed on another thread was unrealistic. :facepalm:

shep33
02-20-2012, 05:15 AM
all these laker fans overvaluing pau is just blasphemy

All these other fans undervaluing Pau is ridiculous. Statistically he's putting up better/more efficient numbers than Dirk, Amare, Boozer, and Chris Bosh.

abe_froman
02-20-2012, 05:35 AM
All these other fans undervaluing Pau is ridiculous. Statistically he's putting up better/more efficient numbers than Dirk, Amare, Boozer, and Chris Bosh.

there's more to trade value then just efficiency numbers.his annual salary is more than bosh or boozers(and you dont see fans clamoring over either),and carries with it a 15% trade kicker.adding that ontop of his age...decreases his trade value

because of that,at this point he's more valuable to you guys than what you'd get in return

MJ-BULLS
02-20-2012, 05:38 AM
as a bulls fan, i would love to see him land in chicago. but its unlikely.

shep33
02-20-2012, 05:47 AM
there's more to trade value then just efficiency numbers.his annual salary is more than bosh or boozers,and carries with it a 15% trade kicker.adding that ontop of his age...decreases his trade value

Yeah but unlike guys like Boozer and Amare, he has one less year under contract. Notice when Gasol's contract ends... 2014 with (on paper) the most star studded potential free agency in NBA history. While Gasol comes off the books, Boozer and Amare are still under contract.

Not many players in the NBA can play both PF and Center. I'm actually starting to lean towards the Lakers not trading him by the deadline. They'll get crap offers, and won't deal him. No point in giving him up unless they make themselves better. Put it this way, if the Lakers were to rebuild, they would just take an offer from Minny of Williams + Beasley + Ridnour. That's not what they're doing.

Don't get me wrong, Gasol is on the block, but realistically if the Lakers get low balled, they'll just keep him. Pau's worried about what will happen by the deadline, and I don't blame him. The Lakers are shopping him for a very good package... they supposedly just recently rejected a Houston package of Scola + Kevin Martin as the primary pieces. That trade actually helps the Lakers fill a huge gap off the bench. As a Laker fan, having a guy like Kmart be our 6th man on a bench that is the worst in the NBA (lowest scoring), would be amazing.

I don't exactly know what Mitch is looking for, but it won't be a package worse then what Minny + Houston would offer. Again, if teams lowball the Lakers, they just won't trade him.

KingPosey
02-20-2012, 05:49 AM
If Love and Rubio are off limits, which for the Wolves they should be, then there really is nothing the Wolves have that warrant giving up Gasol. Not if you are trying to win now with Kobe and Bynum. They need a PG, not to give up an allstar PF to get a rookie, developing combo Forward, in between position. They are too old for that now.

abe_froman
02-20-2012, 05:51 AM
Yeah but unlike guys like Boozer and Amare, he has one less year under contract.

Not many players in the NBA can play both PF and Center. I'm actually starting to lean towards the Lakers not trading him by the deadline. They'll get crap offers, and won't deal him. No point in giving him up unless they make themselves better. Put it this way, if the Lakers were to rebuild, they would just take an offer from Minny of Williams + Beasley + Ridnour. That's not what they're doing.

Don't get me wrong, Gasol is on the block, but realistically if the Lakers get low balled, they'll just keep him. Pau's worried about what will happen by the deadline, and I don't blame him. The Lakers are shopping him for a very good package... they supposedly just recently rejected a Houston package of Scola + Kevin Martin as the primary pieces. That trade actually helps the Lakers fill a huge gap off the bench. As a Laker fan, having a guy like Kmart be our 6th man on a bench that is the worst in the NBA (lowest scoring), would be amazing.

I don't exactly know what Mitch is looking for, but it won't be a package worse then what Minny + Houston would offer. Again, if teams lowball the Lakers, they just won't trade him.
no way you'd get anything that'd make you better.as i said because of his age and contract he's more valuable to you than what what you'd get in return.i guess the point in shopping him is to fill your holes at pg and sf(and would be pf if it happens)just none by themselves will come close to equal a pau

12loser12
02-20-2012, 05:55 AM
as a bulls fan, i would love to see him land in chicago. but its unlikely.

There were some Spanish rumors on a Gasol for Boozer and Korver deal awhile back. Probably totally unsubstantial but it was the same source that predicted Bulls drafting Mirotic. As a Bulls fan, I'd love that trade.

Gasol is worth more, but anytime you put someone on the trade block for so long, he's not going to get an even return. Lakers fans that are so upset over lowball offers...remember what you paid for him, and that was 4 years and 3 finals ago.

2 months ago: http://www.marca.com/2011/12/21/baloncesto/nba/noticias/1324465328.html
Yesterday: http://www.marca.com/2012/02/19/balo...329642134.html
Yesterday: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/02/19/source-derrick-rose-wants-to-play-with-pau-gasol/

Both Spanish articles are translated in Bulls forums for those interested

shep33
02-20-2012, 05:56 AM
no way you'd get anything that'd make you better.as i said because of his age and contract he's more valuable to you than what what you'd get in return.i guess the point in shopping him is to fill your holes at pg and sf(and would be pf if it happens)just none by themselves will come close to equal a pau

I agree with everything your saying. We would likely not get better player out of Pau, but we would fill some much needed holes. Either way, like I said, I highly doubt we deal Pau if teams really start to lowball us.

Guy still gets us what we need out of him, just that the rest of our team is really bad outside our big 3.

We'll see what happens though.

shep33
02-20-2012, 06:03 AM
The thing that I find interesting with the Lakers is this... they still have a 9 mill TPE, 2 first round picks in a really deep draft next year, plus a couple of decent prospects in Goudelock (probably one of the better steals of the draft), and Matt Barnes' expiring (and he's cheap), which they haven't even thought about using.

They're obviously saving all their assets for a big deal. There was a point where Ramon Sessions was on the block, and Cleveland just wanted a first rounder for him.

They also had the chance to pick up Nate Robinson or Gilbert Arenas, while Steve Blake was hurt. I have no clue what's going on, but they could've improved the team by now without giving up any of Kobe, Pau, or Bynum.

Mitch keeps everything really close to his chest, I have no clue what he's doing, but he is doing something. I hope lol

C-Style
02-20-2012, 06:33 AM
I think its clear what the Lakers need and I think a trade to Minnesota is possible if both sides want to get it done.. I mean we have the pieces the Lakers want and really it should only take Barea or Ridnour and Williams.. and MAYBE a pick..

they get their point in berea or ridnour and they get a potential star to replace the PF position

go shove that offer up your ***(where da sun dont shine)

blom85
02-20-2012, 07:29 AM
I think he lands in Minnesota with a three team trade with New Jersey. Deron Williams and Wesley Johnson heads to the Lakers, Gasol heads to Minny, and Derrick Williams, Michael Beasley, World Peace, and 2 first round draft picks from(Minny and Lakers)

We give up Williams, Beasley, and Johnson to only recieve Gasol? No thanks, unless the nets throw us Brooks.

mgsports
02-20-2012, 02:26 PM
CJ Watson would have to go in deal.

Twins Fanatic
02-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Somewhere along the lines of...
Dwight, Nelson, Milicic to LA
Bynum to Minnesota
Pau, Pek, Beasley, LA/MN draft pick(s) to Orlando

SmartestGuyHere
02-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Bynum to Minnesota

Fanatic or not, your trade is stupid. They don't even give up Derrick Williams and they receive the 2nd best center in the game... Wth? While Orlando and LA get raped.

Hellcrooner
02-20-2012, 04:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qrjxc3

make this, use the Tpe on a Pg.
JOb done.

AsfanSince99
02-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Bynum to Minnesota

Uhh, I don't think T'wolves fans want to give up Pekovic for a broke-up azz Bynum.

I would love for Philly to get Pau, but I doubt if they want Elton Brand in return...

Hellcrooner
02-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Uhh, I don't think T'wolves fans want to give up Pekovic for a broke-up azz Bynum.

I would love for Philly to get Pau, but I doubt if they want Elton Brand in return...

Make a Package around Iggy and Lou and lakers may listen.

dannyh1469
02-20-2012, 05:26 PM
A three team trade with the bobcats, lakers, and hornets
Lakers get Augustine, Ty Thomas, and Boris diaw for pau gasol
They then trade Boris diaw(expiring contract)and a couple picks to the hornets for trevor ariza

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2012, 05:28 PM
I think Pao will end up with the Lakers, they have all the pieces they need to get him ;-)

Twins Fanatic
02-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Fanatic or not, your trade is stupid. They don't even give up Derrick Williams and they receive the 2nd best center in the game... Wth? While Orlando and LA get raped.

Not necessarily, Bynum is talented, but has been a liability because of his injures, LA gets Dwight and a much needed point guard and Orlando gets young talent and drafts picks.

JordansBulls
02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
There were some Spanish rumors on a Gasol for Boozer and Korver deal awhile back. Probably totally unsubstantial but it was the same source that predicted Bulls drafting Mirotic. As a Bulls fan, I'd love that trade.

Gasol is worth more, but anytime you put someone on the trade block for so long, he's not going to get an even return. Lakers fans that are so upset over lowball offers...remember what you paid for him, and that was 4 years and 3 finals ago.

2 months ago: http://www.marca.com/2011/12/21/baloncesto/nba/noticias/1324465328.html
Yesterday: http://www.marca.com/2012/02/19/balo...329642134.html
Yesterday: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/02/19/source-derrick-rose-wants-to-play-with-pau-gasol/

Both Spanish articles are translated in Bulls forums for those interested

Gasol to Chicago makes too much sense on both sides.

SmartestGuyHere
02-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Not necessarily, Bynum is talented, but has been a liability because of his injures, LA gets Dwight and a much needed point guard and Orlando gets young talent and drafts picks.

Orlando gets Pau and late round picks.... how is that considered as "young talent"? If the Lakers wanted just Nelson and Howard, why would they need a 3 team trade? They can easily send Bynum + Gasol for Howard and Nelson. Twolves have nothing the Lakers want except Love and Rubio and they are untouchable.

SmartestGuyHere
02-20-2012, 06:40 PM

Do you ever post anything productive? For a mod, all you do is make stupid posts and even dumber threads.

iggypop123
02-20-2012, 06:52 PM

as a mod you have generally been good but this is just being a homer. it makes no sense whatsoever. boozer's contract is longer, and he is an inferior player. its laughable to hear people say well cj watson is a great piece for the lakers. dont confuse watson starting ahead of him. it would only be because fisher is garbage not because watson is good. the only realistic trade possiblities cannot happen because the bulls wont bother listening to the names deng, or noah.

gaughan333
02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
deng, no. noah, yes

Smooth_at_80
02-20-2012, 07:55 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7z4hrtm

xILLN355
02-20-2012, 10:18 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7z4hrtm

:facepalm: oh boy