PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day at Rogers Centre Sold Out

scottythegreat1
02-17-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/bluejays/article/1133135--toronto-blue-jays-opening-day-tickets-sell-out-in-an-hour

I honestly didnt expect this. I know the Red Sox are in town, but still I didnt expect opening day to sell out a month ahead of time.

I guess there is more hype surrounding this team than I expected.

2009mvp
02-17-2012, 02:46 PM
****ing scalpers. Not that it wouldn't sell out either way, but this is pretty much all those slimeballs' doing.

nithanyo
02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
1 ****in hour. couldnt even get a ticket.

StealingSigns
02-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Damn, I wanted to go to this one.

Converged
02-17-2012, 03:11 PM
I live in Saskatoon so I only get down to Toronto once every year or two to catch a series so I am incredibly jealous of those living in the GTA. Go buy your tickets to the other games in the series. It's always more interesting watching the game on TV with a good crowd haha. I just hate how opening day is so crazy and then game 2 of the series has a 20,000 attendance drop.

PJ Awesome
02-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Good to see another member from the city of bridges!

And I know exactly what you mean with the 20, 000 people drop, it's pretty annoying. Opening day crowds at the Rogers Center are INSANE! just imagining crowds like that all year is orgasmic. And can someone tell me the last time we lost a home opener? I know it's been a while

Goalie31
02-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Well to be real, a lot of tickets went presale. On Wednesday they had a twitter presale and I couldn't find more than 2 together. Still great to see that it's going to be packed... but its the next night I'm more curious about. I've gone to the first two games the past two years and day 2 is always empty. Maybe it will be different with the Sox in town but it'll be interesting to see.

Sanyo
02-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Im actually driving down to Cleveland to watch the "real" home opener -- well Sat and Sun of the series -- its a nice park and only 5 hrs from Toronto so well worth the drive...

Also I heard they reserved a ton of tickets for Boston area fans from what I read so expect the opener to have a ton of Sox fans as well -- Im thinking cause of the extra demand from Boston fans and the home opener against a arch rival, this sold out quicker than expected...I wouldnt expect the same demand if say Oakland or KC were the home opening opponents...

miller74
02-17-2012, 05:30 PM
bought tix at 10:07am and best available are right beside jumbotron in 500 level

scottythegreat1
02-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Good to see another member from the city of bridges!

And I know exactly what you mean with the 20, 000 people drop, it's pretty annoying. Opening day crowds at the Rogers Center are INSANE! just imagining crowds like that all year is orgasmic. And can someone tell me the last time we lost a home opener? I know it's been a while

I dont have the statistics in front of me, but I know 2004 we did lose

JMac4PM
02-17-2012, 07:41 PM
I went last year... opening day crowd is CRAZY. Tons of energy in that building.

bomber0104
02-18-2012, 12:01 AM
**** i was contemplating getting tickets... got to act faster

Dol-Fan
02-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Im actually driving down to Cleveland to watch the "real" home opener -- well Sat and Sun of the series -- its a nice park and only 5 hrs from Toronto so well worth the drive...

Also I heard they reserved a ton of tickets for Boston area fans from what I read so expect the opener to have a ton of Sox fans as well -- Im thinking cause of the extra demand from Boston fans and the home opener against a arch rival, this sold out quicker than expected...I wouldnt expect the same demand if say Oakland or KC were the home opening opponents...

Really? If true, that's pretty weak.

mtf
02-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Scalpers are always an option.

2009mvp
02-18-2012, 04:31 PM
That sounds far fetched to me. The Jays never have a problem selling tickets to the home opener, why even risk the backlash that would come with offering Sox fans tickets? There are always a bunch of Red Sox fans simply because Toronto's full of bandwagon douches.

StayOnBoard
02-19-2012, 09:31 PM
I'll be there! Can't wait....

though I should mention, didn't have any problems getting tickets - but I bought a flex pass about a month ago so maybe thats why.

Kenny Powders
02-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Read On DJF that anyone who bought any sort of ticket package was given first dibs on season opener tickets, and the club didn't advertise this. These probably ate up a lot of tickets.

StayOnBoard
02-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Read On DJF that anyone who bought any sort of ticket package was given first dibs on season opener tickets, and the club didn't advertise this. These probably ate up a lot of tickets.

Ah that would explain it. I didn't realize it would have been sold out - but I got mine really early and had choice for any games I wanted (I Also got tickets to the last game of the season and a bunch of Rays, Yankees and Red Sox games).

Really pumped for this year - wish I could wake up tomorrow and it was opening day ;)

HT9Canada
02-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I bought the cheap season pass. 100$ for 80 games. the one game that it doesnt work for is the opener so i'm not that frustrated lol

Jamiecballer
02-20-2012, 04:40 PM
there you go Beeston now up the damn payroll

Cowboys123456
02-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Its not boston fans buying tickets and its not just scalpers.

I am going and sitting in the 200s because there was a presale for Jays fans on feb 9th. all i did was register at blue jays.com.

Also, all flex packs and people who ordered 20+ tickets could get them before they went on sale. I called the ticket line to see if i could get 20 tickets on feb 8th and they didnt have 20+ packs left.

I have been in the city since 2004 and this city loved opening day. No shocker it sold out quick. I just hate that the article says less then an hour when there were few tickets availible when they went on sale to the public.

rapsjaysfan88
02-20-2012, 06:59 PM
it would be nice if we averaged 30,000 fans but probably won't happen any time soon..

AA09-?
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
it would be nice if we averaged 30,000 fans but probably won't happen any time soon..

We'll have to prove we're a contender first.

jaysnraptors44
02-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Its sold out but you can always get a ticket from a scalper thats what im going to do .. go on game day at get one from em

Nica
02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Great start to the season but I wonder what the drop off will be for the rest of the series?
I'm really hopeful the fans show up to force Beestons hand.

Towelie
02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I gotta wait until June to see the Sox play the Jays thanks to never playing on a weekend. Good to see it selling out earlier than usual.

wagnall
02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Coming home to T.O. on April 7th, so I will reclaim my season tickets from my 2 boys, my wife and I can't wait for the season openner, ah the boys can come too.Re newed all 4 my tickets again, getting expensive though every year, maybe drop down to 2 next year and tell my kids to get thier own.

Probably not, we all want to be together and worth every penny it costs. Based on the tough go of it over the last 6 months that now that everything seems good, will be nice to get home and get back to our regular routines, like the Jays!!!!:):):clap::clap:

R. Johnson#3
02-22-2012, 09:32 AM
It's the scalpers. They do it every single year. Wait until the game is in the 2nd inning then you can get tickets for face value.

es0terik
02-26-2012, 02:55 AM

Yeah I bought the $100 season tickets way back in December (80 games, not including home opener) and even then I had the option to buy home opener tickets if I wanted. I didn't though.