PDA

View Full Version : Cole and Pittman

hotdalton18
02-17-2012, 03:06 AM
I think its time too let these guys loose.

I want pittman to start , I think it would be such an improvment over Anthony or curry...If we were to land Kaman id want pittman coming off the bench as the 2nd guy.I think he's ready.

I want Norris Cole getting More minutes the mario EVERY game.

I want him to come off the bench still because it gives our 2nd team a spark but in every game i want him to have more minutes then mario.

He can run with wade and bron and he has a better shot...Just needs work on those layups.

Devster3
02-17-2012, 05:01 AM
It would be nice to see these guys do well but here are reasons they shouldn't get more minutes:

Cole in some games jacks up shots so when he's missing them it can put us in a hole, he makes rookie mistakes similar to old chalmers, and why would you want him getting more minutes over Mario? Mario plays great d, knows the system, is dialed in from 3pt land.

Pittman: I love how he is a big body, but if he wants to earn minutes he needs to be hungry for rebounds, he gets 1 a game or something like that. I want to see him, come in clog lanes. And battle/ win every rebound on both ends of the floor. He also gets pf easily. Pittman needs more time at best he can be a bench player. Unless he starts jumping higher

Kaman would be nice but his d is decent.

I would say these guys are keepers and in order to get more minutes need to fight and earn them. But good for our future bench.

The 2012 draft is stacked, so I believe the scouts should be doing a lot of work this year. There are so many "star talents" that teams shoul be distracted by them, letting a hidden star/hustler hopefully fall into the heats hands. I hope Riley is searching because with strong youth ready to hustle surrounding this core. We can only improve.

1 more thing(wrong thread but I feel I'm on a subpar roll) I want bosh to bulk up more and take more minutes at center. He's an athlete with high basketball iq. Can play great d and is our tallest player.

Dev

justinnum1
02-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Chalmers is balling and you want him to be benched? lol, no.

i want cole getting a lot less minutes than chalmers, have you even been watching games>? cole had a 3 weeks stretch here he was terrible and i wouldnt be surprised if he reverts back to that soon...its his rookie year and you just want to hand him the job? no no no

Mr. Baller
02-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Chalmers has been fantastic all season, I wouldn't mind Spo giving him a few more minutes a game, NO way he should lose minutes to Cole, who hasn't been very good or consistent most of the year.

Pittman deserves more minutes but he shouldn't start over Anthony yet, he still has a lot to learn.

Coqui77
02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
No way should Cole be starting or even getting more minutes over Chalmers. I've seen Cole make too many mistakes which is expected given he's a rookie. Before the season started I thought our weakest spots were at the Point Guard and Center position, now I just think it’s the Center position. Mario has been Ballin and Cole has been a nice surprise.
I would like to see Pitman develop into a dominating big man and giving him more minutes will help him. The problem is, I’ve seen Pitman make too many mistakes, and too many stupid fouls. Joel is a solid backup but he should not be starting, we just don’t have anyone else. If Pitman had the defensive skills, and hustle Joel had he would be great…

justinnum1
02-17-2012, 10:25 AM
I will say, pittmans size does make an impact on the game. I wouldnt mind giving him some more minutes. The goal should be to find a better staring center. Joel is nice and all. but he does have his limitations. Especially agasint big physical teams

514_HEAT
02-17-2012, 11:43 AM
cole still makes way to many mistakes... and just like curry, the first thing pittman does when he gets on the courts is a foul

hotdalton18
02-17-2012, 08:36 PM
It would be nice to see these guys do well but here are reasons they shouldn't get more minutes:

Cole in some games jacks up shots so when he's missing them it can put us in a hole, he makes rookie mistakes similar to old chalmers, and why would you want him getting more minutes over Mario? Mario plays great d, knows the system, is dialed in from 3pt land.

Pittman: I love how he is a big body, but if he wants to earn minutes he needs to be hungry for rebounds, he gets 1 a game or something like that. I want to see him, come in clog lanes. And battle/ win every rebound on both ends of the floor. He also gets pf easily. Pittman needs more time at best he can be a bench player. Unless he starts jumping higher

Kaman would be nice but his d is decent.

I would say these guys are keepers and in order to get more minutes need to fight and earn them. But good for our future bench.

The 2012 draft is stacked, so I believe the scouts should be doing a lot of work this year. There are so many "star talents" that teams shoul be distracted by them, letting a hidden star/hustler hopefully fall into the heats hands. I hope Riley is searching because with strong youth ready to hustle surrounding this core. We can only improve.

1 more thing(wrong thread but I feel I'm on a subpar roll) I want bosh to bulk up more and take more minutes at center. He's an athlete with high basketball iq. Can play great d and is our tallest player.

Dev

I agree with some that you said but the reason pittman only gets 1 rebound a game is cause he only plays 1 minute a game lmao

hotdalton18
02-17-2012, 08:39 PM
I will say, pittmans size does make an impact on the game. I wouldnt mind giving him some more minutes. The goal should be to find a better staring center. Joel is nice and all. but he does have his limitations. Especially agasint big physical teams

We really need to give him more minutes , I dont understand why he never plays and when he does its only for like 1 minute.

xILLN355
02-18-2012, 12:21 AM
chalmers has been ballin so far? lmao

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 12:24 AM
chalmers has been ballin so far? lmao

Damn right. Fits what miami needs at pg very well.

hotdalton18
02-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Chalmers has impressed , i just want to see cole getting minutes

My main point is pittman , Joel is just like playin with 4 guys on offense....His defense is not impressive enough to keep letting him start.

beasted86
02-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Joel and Chalmers are easily the best C and PG on the team respectively.

I would however like to see less minutes with the ultra small-ball lineup Spoelstra keeps playing (Cole-Miller-Battier-James-Haslem). Pittman still fouls like crazy, but he should be getting 10 minutes a game regularly.

Either him or sign another Center.

Wade>You
02-18-2012, 02:07 PM
lol @ Joel being a Center. I guess 4 years of Spoelstra will make people forget what a real Center is.

Joel Anthony might as well be Joel Useless.

He never makes the same hustle plays to block shots like he did in the last 3 years, he still can't catch the ball inside the paint and finish (I counted over 5 turnovers in the Cavs game in that scenario alone), and the opposing team just scores over him like he doesn't exist (again, I counted over 5 times where that occurred in the Cavs game).

Heat have been playing 4 on 5 every night this season, and it's no surprise because just like Chalmers, Joel always plays worse when there's no one around to steal the job from him.

CHANGO
02-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Cole needs to stop shooting and pass more the ball seriously. It hurts seeing Miller going 2-3 from the field with 5 points and Cole going 3-10 from the field.

Just pass the ball or get a wide open shot.

And yes, Chalmers is balling so far, he's a beast and is making the right decisions.

justinnum1
02-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Cole sees one thing, and thats the rim lol

Im always yelling when miller is wide open and cole just recklessly goes to the rim and forces something.

CHANGO
02-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Cole sees one thing, and thats the rim lol

Im always yelling when miller is wide open and cole just recklessly goes to the rim and forces something.

LOL Spoelstra... :clap:

:pity: Seriously man, glad I'm not the only one that see that. :(

If just half of his shots were passes for Miller, Battier, Jones, Bosh, Haslem etc... Miller just can't miss from 3pt line and more if he's open.

Heater4life
02-18-2012, 05:47 PM
I love what Cole brings to the game. He has been inconsistent and inefficient throughout the season, yet his style of play is exactly what the Heat need off the bench.

As the season progresses he will make better decisions and will begin to play with more control. I dont think he should get more minutes than Chalmers but his offensive/defensive dynamic is needed.

Cant wait to see what this kid will become in the next 2 years.

HiphopRelated
02-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Cole is in no way better than Chalmers, so I don't see the point of Cole starting

I like Pitt, probably the best center on the roster, but Joel is going to have to lose the position for now. If they were losing games he would have been thrown out there more...but for now the status quo has the team rolling.

I stated at the start of the year Curry and Pittman were basically starting on level playing fields and so far Pittman has shown more.

RCarlson85
02-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't agree with Cole getting more minutes than Chalmers or with Pitt starting. Cole is a rookie and certainly has flashes and plays well at times. He also has a lot of turnovers and doesn't always make the best choices. He is a rookie though so those things should improve. Mario is having is best season this year. No way he deserves to play less minutes. We need his 3pt shooting in the lineup.

Pittman is just too raw still. I agree that he should be given more chance to play, but if he were to start or play big minutes he would be in foul trouble every night. On most nights Joel/Bosh/Haslem is good enough because most teams just don't have dominant big men like a Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum.

I've been critical of both Chalmers and Joel in the past, but I have no doubts that they're the best we have at their position at this point and definitely should be playing more than anyone behind them.

xfyre
02-19-2012, 12:34 AM
i don't see why people are so scared of Pittman getting into foul trouble..it's like you said..he isn't mandatory for the time being so if he fouls out..no big deal. just let him stay in there until he learns not to make those silly fouls. If Spolstra keeps taking him out after he has 1-2 quick fouls, he will never have enough game experience to learn from it.

dnewguy
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Pittman is the worst C in the league. Dude cannot even post up a 6'3 guy yesterday. Cut him.

daleja424
02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Pittman is the worst C in the league. Dude cannot even post up a 6'3 guy yesterday. Cut him.

This is the closest thing to truth in this whole thread

Pittman is AWFUL. they give him touches in garbage time against scrubs and he is still a foul prone useless waste of 7 feet. Anyone who is under the delusion that dexter Pittman is an nba player needs to get real.

Cole has been OKAY in spurts but he is a ball stopper and a chucker. Until he realizes that he is expected to be a facilitator he will hold our second unit back. When he is on the floor with Lebron and wade and can get out and run he is a good player... But the only play he knows how to run in the half court is " iso cole for a low percentage shot."

Anyone who thinks this team that is thoroughly demoralizing opponent after opponent needs to infuse more of cole and Pittman in the lineup must just be trying to make the games closer.

Master Mind
02-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Agreed. Pittman stinks. And judging by Eddy Curry's development or lack thereof, we're gonna need another big soon. Real soon.

justinnum1
02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Yep, fresnenko, pryzbilla, any 7'0 that can rebound, catch the ball and make a layup should be on rileys radar

Master Mind
02-20-2012, 04:57 PM
What's the deal with Thabeet, he can't possibly be a big 7'2 of absolute waste.

Canes0097
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah ive also seen enough of Pit and Curry to see that they are not the answer. . . I dont think it matters though because we have been playing great with Anthony Bosh and Haslem rotating at center. Even Lebron did well playing D on Howard for those 2 possessions!!!

beasted86
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
For as much flack that Anthony gets.... Pittman and Curry suck waaaaay worse.

Anthony is actually a better rebounder than both, and is a way better defender than both.

Riley needs to get on the phone before the trade deadline, because if Joel goes down with an injury, we are screwed royally.

flashelement
02-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Pitt aint ready yet.

Master Mind
02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Yep, fresnenko, pryzbilla, any 7'0 that can rebound, catch the ball and make a layup should be on rileys radar

You can cross Pryzbilla off the list :sigh:

beasted86
02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
I think Przybilla will prove to be a shadow of his old self, if he even stays healthy.

If Riley really made a strong push for anyone for the minimum, he would get them. For whatever reason, he thinks we have enough, and is not worried about injuries to the front line.

Fnom11
02-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I love what Cole brings to the game. He has been inconsistent and inefficient throughout the season, yet his style of play is exactly what the Heat need off the bench.

As the season progresses he will make better decisions and will begin to play with more control. I dont think he should get more minutes than Chalmers but his offensive/defensive dynamic is needed.

Cant wait to see what this kid will become in the next 2 years.

Agree with this 100%. He's still very raw but man I love to see him run the ball up the court in a matter of 2 seconds. Chalmers/Lebron/Wade never rush the ball up the court unless it's a fast breaking and it's dumb.

gotoHcarolina52
02-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Pittman is AWFUL. they give him touches in garbage time against scrubs and he is still a foul prone useless waste of 7 feet. Anyone who is under the delusion that dexter Pittman is an nba player needs to get real.

This

Grifftiggs
02-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Im glad whoever started this thread isnt the coach. I see blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Mario is ballin and Pitt is still a fat bastard. He is wasting a lifetime opportunity.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 10:13 PM
My only complaint with cole is i wish he look for our 3 pt snipers more. But he has been better the last week or 2, still expecting him to go into another funk before the playoffs tho. he is a rookie after all

Grifftiggs
02-22-2012, 10:17 PM
My only complaint with rio is i wish he look for our 3 pt snipers more. But he has been better the last week or 2, still expecting him to go into another funk before the playoffs tho. he is a rookie after all

So you think Mario is going to look for Miller more than he is Bosh, Wade, and Lebron? Not to mention he is shooting 47% from 3 point land. And Rio isnt a rookie. He's been in the league for 3 years.

justinnum1
02-22-2012, 10:24 PM
So you think Mario is going to look for Miller more than he is Bosh, Wade, and Lebron? Not to mention he is shooting 47% from 3 point land. And Rio isnt a rookie. He's been in the league for 3 years.

whoops, meant to say cole...rio is playing incredible this season

rio is a 3pt sniper :laugh2:

Fnom11
02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
whoops, meant to say cole...rio is playing incredible this season

rio is a 3pt sniper :laugh2:

Rio is THE 3pt sniper! Dudes been amazing lately.

dnewguy
02-28-2012, 04:14 AM
What's the deal with Thabeet, he can't possibly be a big 7'2 of absolute waste.

We ain't that desperate now, are we? If it comes down to Thabeet we might as well contact Manute Bol's agent. He'll contribute more.

xILLN355
02-28-2012, 05:17 AM
We ain't that desperate now, are we? If it comes down to Thabeet we might as well contact Manute Bol's agent. He'll contribute more.

hes dead