PDA

View Full Version : Do the Knicks have NBA Finals potential?

NYSpirit1
02-16-2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2012.html

The Knicks are actually 5th in defensive rating, sort the statistic below.

This is kind of shocking, because as a Knicks fan, I didn't even know how good they were. I knew they dramatically improved though.

With an addition of JR Smith, the improved defense, the All-Star play by Lin, two superstars in Carmelo and Amare, two defensive standouts in Chandler and Shumpert, the do-it-all player in Landry Fields and a returning Baron Davis, this team is going to be scary for anybody.

If Lin keeps up this play...

PG Lin
SG Fields
SF Melo
PF Amare
C Chandler
Bench: JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Baron Davis, Jared Jeffries

That bench is one of the best benches in the NBA. I'll tell you one thing: Miami vs New York would be a great ECF, one that could go 7 deep.

This team is something to be excited about. For all the negativity about answer, they've won 7 straight WITHOUT him, which makes this all the more crazier. You add a top 8 player to this team and if he buys in, why can't they get to the Finals?

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 11:34 PM
I think they are still one veteran big man off the bench away from getting there. I actually think they can give Miami some issues but might struggle against a defensive juggernaut like Chicago.

NYKnicksAllDay
02-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Why even post this? You know what the response is gonna be. So pointless.

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Come on man. Why? Even if they did you know the reaction this will bring here.

mdm692
02-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Carmelo led teams have always given lebron led teams problems. I said it since melo got traded to NYK Lebron james doesnt want to see the knicks in the playoffs. With that being said it could be a great series with tyson chandler and dwyane wade being the x-factors for their respective teams.

ldawg
02-16-2012, 11:38 PM
to early to tell but if they can come together as a team they can cause trouble.

D1JM
02-16-2012, 11:39 PM
you have linsanity we have jamesanity, *****

Fnom11
02-16-2012, 11:40 PM
No. How do people forget they were like 10-15 with Melo and Amare.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I remember the lakers going 18-1 after the all star break, so I know how a nice streak can over excite you. So my best advice would be to not create threads like this. Only bad things can happen

NYtilIdie
02-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Wait, when did we get J.R. Smith?

itsripcity32
02-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll

b@llhog24
02-16-2012, 11:46 PM

This is kind of shocking, because as a Knicks fan, I didn't even know how good they were. I knew they dramatically improved though.

With an addition of JR Smith, the improved defense, the All-Star play by Lin, two superstars in Carmelo and Amare, two defensive standouts in Chandler and Shumpert, the do-it-all player in Landry Fields and a returning Baron Davis, this team is going to be scary for anybody.

PG Lin
SG Fields
SF Melo
PF Amare
C Chandler

That bench is one of the best benches in the NBA. I'll tell you one thing: Miami vs New York would be a great ECF, one that could go 7 deep.

This team is something to be excited about. For all the negativity about answer, they've won 7 straight WITHOUT him, which makes this all the more crazier. You add a top 8 player to this team and if he buys in, why can't they get to the Finals?

Because the Heat play in the same conference as them.

mdm692
02-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Because the Heat play in the same conference as them.

and:confused:

ElChinoLatino
02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
No.

Bulls_fan90
02-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Lmao

Madskillz77
02-16-2012, 11:54 PM
The only good team that the knicks have played during the streak is the lakers. The rest of the teams are trash

Knicks21
02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
The fan base will be generalised over this.

NYY NYJ NYK
02-16-2012, 11:58 PM
In the words of KG - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

bmd1101
02-17-2012, 12:04 AM

PG Lin
SG Fields
SF Melo
PF Amare
C Chandler

Your putting the cart before the horse, in a major undeniable way.

KnicksR4Real
02-17-2012, 12:05 AM
This is wayyy to early...

bklynny67
come on man.... you're feeding these PSD Knicks haters.

seriously though, ANYTHING can happen.... no one knows right now if Lin will continue this kinda play and no one knows if this chemistry will continue when Melo returns.

its easy to say no they can't make it to the finals which is definitely the most likely scenario.

but is there a chance they could? sure... albeit a small chance right now until we see how they play the rest of the season. ask this question when playoffs start and we'll have a good idea whether it can be done.

knicks=love
i saw this thread, and then saw a knick fan made it. :horse:

effen5
02-17-2012, 12:06 AM
The suns with Nash and amare is a lot better then this Knicks team...so no.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Yea c'mon NY, you should know better then to post this here. You know what everyones responce is gonna be. There might be a few mature posters and give you insight on why or why not they think the NYK's can make it to the Finals, but just a few.

To answer you question... Can we make it to the Finals, Yeah, I guess we could. Will we? Doubtful. But, I think we have the right types of players to build a Championship squad, but it could definatly be upgraded with expirienced players. I'm not sure if an addition of JR Smith, alone, will get us over the top. But, if this team reaches it's potential, and plays the way we should, every single night, we are a threat.

bklynny67
02-17-2012, 12:08 AM

lol thats such terrible reasoning :facepalm:

i agree they probably can't make it this yr. but you're reasoning is comical. because a past team with a particular player that was better than a current team with that same player didn't make it, then the current team can't either? LOL

b@llhog24
02-17-2012, 12:09 AM
and:confused:

You seriously can't understand that? He ask why the can't make it to the finals and my reply was that the Heat are in their conference making it unlikely.

Slimsim
02-17-2012, 12:20 AM
**** man why make this threAD

meloman1592
fellow knick fans..do not make knick threads! it doesn't end well

shep33
As a slightly insane man once noted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JHV5pZQpoc

Slimsim
02-17-2012, 12:21 AM
OP seems like a undercover troll

ball4reel
02-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Lets give it more time before posts like this.. This is why the Ny fan base gets bashed!!

What about the bulls can not just skip over them!!!

jp611
02-17-2012, 12:22 AM
:laugh:

KNICKS R BACK
02-17-2012, 12:24 AM
With the addition of jr smith and the return of baron davis and josh harrelson after the all star break, the knicks definitely become one of the deeper teams in the nba. They will have a very solid starting five and a very solid bench, it really all comes down to chemistry. To be honest if the chemistry continues to build the way it has been recently the knicks will be a scary team come playoff time...but in all honesty, why would you make a thread like this and give these snarky jerkoffs on this board the opportunity to troll on the knicks...there are 3 things these snarky, petty, d-bags are good at...spell checking/ grammar enforcement, thread-policing, and trolling the knicks

bklynny67
02-17-2012, 12:25 AM

The Mavericks with Jason Terry and Dirk didn't make the finals in 06-07 and that team was better than the Mavericks team last yr (67-15 in 06-07 and 57-25 in 10-11) so Mavs can't make the finals....

oh wait... they won the finals!

LOL nice logic pal :facepalm:

dnewguy
02-17-2012, 12:25 AM
They do, all it will take is Rose, Deng, Wade and Lebron injured at the same time.

k.smith904
02-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Lin and Tebow are gonna form their own team and win the ship.

shep33
02-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Don't jinx it OP!

Gritz
02-17-2012, 12:31 AM
you have linsanity we have jamesanity, *****

Insane how game after game he disappears in the 4th

bklynny67
02-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Lin and Tebow are gonna form their own team and win the ship.

Don't insult Lin by comparing him to Tebow.

Lin actually knows how to play his position and puts up good numbers.

kmo429
02-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Talent wise? Absolutely, one of the best teams in the NBA probably. But when Melo comes back, IDK how thingsa re gonna fly. Lin is a ball distributor, and Melo wont feel too great if hes not calling the shots. I think hell try to do too much (like he was earlier in the season) and his FG% will keep plummiting... If Melo can redefine himself and bcome a team player the Knicks can legitimately win a Championship this year.. I dont see it though

mdm692
02-17-2012, 12:35 AM
You seriously can't understand that? He ask why the can't make it to the finals and my reply was that the Heat are in their conference making it unlikely.
no i understand but that is a dumb reason. Anything can happen carmelo teams always give lebron teams fit so anything is possible. The heat dont have anything lock there are a lot of good teams in the east this season for some reason. So by simply saying that the knicks cant make it to the finals because the heat play in the east is ridiculous.

b@llhog24
02-17-2012, 12:47 AM
no i understand but that is a dumb reason. Anything can happen carmelo teams always give lebron teams fit so anything is possible. The heat dont have anything lock there are a lot of good teams in the east this season for some reason. So by simply saying that the knicks cant make it to the finals because the heat play in the east is ridiculous.

How it a dumb reason when the Heat are CLEARY superior to the Knicks. Dude Melo is my favorite player I know what the record is against Lebron. The difference between my reasoning and yours is that mines is more likely to occur than yours. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Nope.

Da Knicks
02-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Yyyyyyyyyyy

Captain Moroni
02-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Let's see us play together a game or two.

RipCity32
02-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Yes,until Melo gets back.

k.smith904
02-17-2012, 12:50 AM
The Knicks have to NOT get swept by the Boston Geriatrics.

Then shoot 80% from 3 and average 140 PPG to beat the Heat/Bulls.

ayuntalo
02-17-2012, 12:52 AM
wow..
why do you keep embarassing the knicks fan base by yourself?
your not a team player! LOL

...but seriously, do something productive rather than posting something about your team that will only generate hate:surrender:

Vincent
02-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Prob not, but I'd rather see the Knicks than the heat

utl768
02-17-2012, 12:54 AM
they might win in the first round but no way they get past miami or chicago

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Nyspirit has to be a troll. Constantly makes bait threads and never posts after creating them..... Never

oak2455
02-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Nyspirit has to be a troll. Constantly makes bait threads and never posts after creating them..... Never

Ive always thought the same, trolling:eyebrow:

MTL_123
02-17-2012, 12:59 AM
wow thats all i can say. Your the reason why people hate on knicks fans so much. U think that the knicks are a possible finals teams just because they are on a 7 game win streak and out of thos 7 games only 2 teams have been above 500 (Lakers,Jazz). wow beat a good team like bulls or miami then start talking

fadedmario
02-17-2012, 12:59 AM
no

LongIslandIcedZ
02-17-2012, 01:21 AM
If Melo comes back and the offense doesnt miss a beat and the defense stays top 10, I dont see why not.

Sinestro
02-17-2012, 01:30 AM
ANY team can reach the finals in this shortened season imo

Hawkeye15
02-17-2012, 01:33 AM
hell no. There is no way they can beat the Heat in a 7 game series, and I will take the Bulls over them as well.

Kashmir13579
02-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Yes. The potential is absolutely there. We have to see what happens with 'Melo.

Kashmir13579
02-17-2012, 01:44 AM
No. How do people forget they were like 10-15 with Melo and Amare.

How do people not realize they didn't have a single player capable of running an offense.

C_Mund
02-17-2012, 01:52 AM
With the addition of jr smith and the return of baron davis and josh harrelson after the all star break, the knicks definitely become one of the deeper teams in the nba. They will have a very solid starting five and a very solid bench, it really all comes down to chemistry. To be honest if the chemistry continues to build the way it has been recently the knicks will be a scary team come playoff time...but in all honesty, why would you make a thread like this and give these snarky jerkoffs on this board the opportunity to troll on the knicks...there are 3 things these snarky, petty, d-bags are good at...spell checking/ grammar enforcement, thread-policing, and trolling the knicks

This has to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen.
To answer the OP, when you break down the Knicks roster it's actually pretty impressive. As good as Lin has been playing I think a lot of the team's success has to do with fluid ball movement on the offensive end. As long as Melo can react faster once he gets the ball they could put together a great run. Again, this teems on the fact that Melo needs to fir the new Knicks system and not the opposite.

ayuntalo
02-17-2012, 01:59 AM
hell no. There is no way they can beat the Heat in a 7 game series, and I will take the Bulls over them as well.

to be honest, I really think that the knicks can give the Heat more problem than everyone thinks.
yes if you compare them playing against other teams, the Heat looks like the clear cut better team by a huge margin.
but on head to head i dont know, Carmelo seems to outduel lebron every time they play.

I know the Heat are the favorite to win the east (obvious reasons), but if the Knicks can somehow get a decent Baron Davis and Lin turns out legit, i might go with the knicks. :speechless:

Knickerbocker34
02-17-2012, 02:12 AM
the melo issue is just stupid... there is so much pressure on him to conform ...all of new york will boo him out of the arena if they start losing because melo is ****ing it up no way CARMELO ANTHONY makes this team worse.... are you kidding me?

that being said i think they have the pieces to be great NEXT year....there is too much inexperience in the back-court(lin/shump/fields) and not enough defense in the front-court (melo/amare)

ceiling= ECF to seven game series

basement= second round exit in game 5

MELO7NYK/DENfan
02-17-2012, 02:29 AM
This blaming melo thing is a joke last year we had billups at point he had no problems, he was shooting like 50% or something i forgot, It was just the defense that sucked and the chemistry with amar and melo. So lets see when everyone is healthy and see if they get chemistry going. i have no doubt that they will play good with each other.

Hawkeye15
02-17-2012, 02:30 AM
to be honest, I really think that the knicks can give the Heat more problem than everyone thinks.
yes if you compare them playing against other teams, the Heat looks like the clear cut better team by a huge margin.
but on head to head i dont know, Carmelo seems to outduel lebron every time they play.

I know the Heat are the favorite to win the east (obvious reasons), but if the Knicks can somehow get a decent Baron Davis and Lin turns out legit, i might go with the knicks. :speechless:

Lets get real. The Heat are completely elite defensively, have 2 better offensive players than the Knicks have, and Lin at that point will be well scouted and be forced into exactly what he is not good at.

LeBron is better than Melo. Has been since year 2. And I don't mean to sound argumentative, but how can a Mike D led team, despite its defensive fluke, be expected to beat the Heat and their all around dominance on both ends?

quade36
02-17-2012, 02:30 AM
If there is a darkhorse to make the Eastern conference finals, I'd pick the Pacers before I'd pick the Knicks.

Uh oh, I might get labeled a hater for this comment :) At least I didn't compare the Knicks to the Heat and Bulls.

KingPosey
02-17-2012, 02:33 AM
hahahahahahaha god PSD is full of fickle turds.... Remember the Knicks posts a week and a half ago?

97NYer
02-17-2012, 02:34 AM
the truth is we match up well against the Heat and a playoff win at the Garden could mean a huge momentum swing. The only issue is that we would, in all likelihood, have to beat both Miami and Chicago in a 7 game series. That's a tough task for any team.

Hawkeye15
02-17-2012, 02:37 AM
I seriously can't believe any Knicks fan thinks they could represent the east in the finals as currently constructed.

Kashmir13579
02-17-2012, 02:39 AM
Lets get real. The Heat are completely elite defensively, have 2 better offensive players than the Knicks have, and Lin at that point will be well scouted and be forced into exactly what he is not good at.

LeBron is better than Melo. Has been since year 2. And I don't mean to sound argumentative, but how can a Mike D led team, despite its defensive fluke, be expected to beat the Heat and their all around dominance on both ends?

Scouting report has already caught up to Lin as evidence in the Twolves game, then the Toronto game. His only two weakness are going to his left and his jumper. They are now playing off him and forcing him to his left. He his making teams pay in both areas.

Defensive fluke sounds like you don't know the whole story. Mike Woodson (defensive assistant on the most recent championship detroit team) has the keys to the defense.

We aren't a better team than the Heat. Lebron and Wade are better than anybody on the Knicks. But the Knicks starting 5 top to bottom is better.

Its all about how 'Melo reacts and he could have you eating crow about a lot of things. Think about the talent on this team for a minute. Lin changed everything man.

Kashmir13579
02-17-2012, 02:42 AM
I seriously can't believe any Knicks fan thinks they could represent the east in the finals as currently constructed.

Stranger things have happened. You won't see me claiming championships but i'm not gonna count it out until i see this team with Carmelo.

Celtics33
02-17-2012, 02:44 AM
I don't see them getting past Chicago or Miami. So I would have to say no.

Master Mind
02-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Scouting report has already caught up to Lin as evidence in the Twolves game, then the Toronto game. His only two weakness are going to his left and his jumper. They are now playing off him and forcing him to his left. He his making teams pay in both areas.

Defensive fluke sounds like you don't know the whole story. Mike Woodson (defensive assistant on the most recent championship detroit team) has the keys to the defense.

We aren't a better team than the Heat. Lebron and Wade are better than anybody on the Knicks. But the Knicks starting 5 top to bottom is better.

Its all about how 'Melo reacts and he could have you eating crow about a lot of things. Think about the talent on this team for a minute. Lin changed everything man.

Really? How so?...I'll give you Tyson Chandler, pretty much based on size. But other than that you can't say they're starting 5 is better top to bottom, you can't even say Amare's better than Bosh. Oh and I give props to Lin, the kid is playing some good basketball right now but it just isn't enough to make me put him ahead of Chalmers. Just my opinion :shrug:.

bringbackfredex
02-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Nope, they don't even have Atlantic winning potential.

latinofire21
02-17-2012, 03:00 AM
I really wish you would have waited to make this post after the Heat game. If we win out to the Heat I think there would be way more believers then right now.

As this team is currently constructed they are very strong. I dont see the glaring weakness that Hawkeye is insinuating. Very strong PG, Abundance of talented 2 guards that can tween to the 3. Superstar SF and backup SF that can tween to the PF, Superstar PF, and a championship pedigreed defensive center. We are more balanced then the Heat.

The Dallas Mavericks werent considered favorites to beat the Heat in the finals but they did it with Nowitzski, Chandler, Terry, and Barea. I don't really understand why you assume the Heat have the east in the bag. Clearly they have problems against big teams and our defense is nothing to sneeze at.

I think Melo will fit in fine. They have covered this with both Melo and Lin on ESPN interviews and Melo understands what he needs to do as well as Lin. I really dont think Melo is going to blow up whats going on right now.

I think our bench is underrated and if the JR Smith signing actually happens thats just another piece to the puzzle. Baron is 2 weeks away from playing and the team is gelling at the right time. Regardless of the teams they beat during this stretch its a completely different Knicks team being carried on ball movement and sharing. Players who werent contributing at all have been contributing and have made this team one of the hottest teams in the league.

As much as you hate to talk about championship right now because the season isnt even close to over and a lot can happen, I dont really think its fair to automatically count them out when the 2 superior teams that PSD raves about has glaring weaknesses of their own that the Knicks can capitalize on.

It wont be a cake walk for the Knicks to represent the East, but to say its farfetched and assume its laughable to even consider that you are just fooling yourselves.

Kashmir13579
02-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Really? How so?...I'll give you Tyson Chandler, pretty much based on size. But other than that you can't say they're starting 5 is better top to bottom, you can't even say Amare's better than Bosh. Oh and I give props to Lin, the kid is playing some good basketball right now but it just isn't enough to make me put him ahead of Chalmers. Just my opinion :shrug:.

Fair enough. I guess there are still critics. In my opinion he shows no sign of slowing down. Again, its all about Carmelo. If D'antoni can get 'Melo to take a back seat to Lin orchestrating the offense, there is no way Lin will slow down. Lin won't even need to score. 8 points would be fine from him realistically.

latinofire21
02-17-2012, 03:03 AM
Nope, they don't even have Atlantic winning potential.

lol the sixers arent winning the Atlantic. You can hope though.

Kashmir13579
It wont be a cake walk for the Knicks to represent the East, but to say its farfetched and assume its laughable to even consider that you are just fooling yourselves.

They don't believe in Lin yet, man. Most of them saw the Lakers game, maybe one other, and have just heard all the hoopla. This kid is the real deal.

WAYNEBO
Our 1 and 5 spots are light years better than the Heatles, we have an O specialist in JR Swish and a D specialist in Shumpert to limit DWade..... Bosh v. STAT and Melo v. LeBron cancel each other out. It will be a fun series if we get there fo sho. I like the Knicks chances much better now than 2 weeks ago.

Mudvayne91
02-17-2012, 03:04 AM
I like what they're doing, but I want to see them beat some tougher teams first. This next stretch of games should be a nice test.

gotoHcarolina52
02-17-2012, 03:17 AM
The ****ing playoffs can't start soon enough

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2012, 03:18 AM
They have as much finals potential as my Toronto Raptors...

and that is absolutely none.

WAYNEBO
02-17-2012, 03:21 AM
I agree... too early to tell. This team is just beginning to figure out the roles and what works for 48mins.

I like the Bulls over the Heat this year, especially the way Deng is playing, and IF Rip can come back healthy. They are an example of balanced scoring, and positional players with roles to fill. But just like the MJ Bulls w/ Pippen, Kerr as the sharp shooter, the Worm as the defender; the Knicks have role players that make its bench deeper (at least on paper) than the Heat. Novakane for 3ptrs, Jeffries and Shump for lockdown D, BDiddy and Swish for instant O. Jorts and Jerome Jordan for length and fouls. Our X-Factor that trumps both the Heat and Bulls is TYSON CHANDLER. He's been a beast... did anybody notice his baby-slapping of Bynum in the last Laker game? He's a stud.

If they can figure out how to space the floor w/ STAT and Tyson for interchangeable alley-oops, and get Melo/Lin to work like Pierce/Rondo, could be deja vu with the lockout-shortened season of 99.

Kashmir13579
02-17-2012, 03:26 AM
I agree... too early to tell. This team is just beginning to figure out the roles and what works for 48mins.

the Knicks have role players that make its bench deeper (at least on paper) than the Heat. Novakane for 3ptrs, Jeffries and Shump for lockdown D, BDiddy and Swish for instant O. Jorts and Jerome Jordan for length and fouls. Our X-Factor that trumps both the Heat and Bulls is TYSON CHANDLER. He's been a beast... did anybody notice his baby-slapping of Bynum in the last Laker game? He's a stud.

If they can figure out how to space the floor w/ STAT and Tyson for interchangeable alley-oops, and get Melo/Lin to work like Pierce/Rondo, could be deja vu with the lockout-shortened season of 99.

2 weeks ago i couldn't think this **** up in my wildest dreams.

bringbackfredex
02-17-2012, 03:28 AM
lol the sixers arent winning the Atlantic. You can hope though.

They're 5 games up on the Knicks, a little deeper even with their additions, and play better defense. I would say they have just as good of a shot to take it. Jeremy Lin is beating teams like the Raptors and Kings, he's good but he's not god like the world is making him out to be.

latinofire21
02-17-2012, 03:33 AM
They're 5 games up on the Knicks, a little deeper even with their additions, and play better defense. I would say they have just as good of a shot to take it. Jeremy Lin is beating teams like the Raptors and Kings, he's good but he's not god like the world is making him out to be.

Neither is the Philly team though. They are winning games because of how deep they are but as the season progresses that edge they had in the beginning of the season is fading away. They are 6 - 4 in their last ten games. With 30 games left in the season and only 5 up on us and we still have games to play against each other I dont think your going to win the division. I wouldnt be surprised if the Celtics went ahead of the 76ers either although I feel their age has finally caught up to them and they will barely make the playoffs.

DaVille
02-17-2012, 04:15 AM
bunch of cocky Heat fans over here. The same fans who were 100% certain Championship was there's last year when Heat reached the finals.

The truth is NO ONE knows how this year's is gonna go.

It's possible underdog team like Grizzlies winning. Or Mavericks repeating. Knicks can get hot and roll all over the East. Lebron messes up his knee.

2012 unpredictable year.

MJ-BULLS
02-17-2012, 04:40 AM
why op, why you have to make a thread like this, not making the knicks fans base happy.

anyways, its too early to say.

Evolution23
02-17-2012, 07:12 AM
All I know is, the Knicks are a deep team and can give any one a run for their money. Jeremy Lin changed everything.

Dark Donnie
02-17-2012, 07:15 AM
No they don't

beasted86
02-17-2012, 08:22 AM
It's funny when I hear Knick fans say they supposedly have a deep team.

Then they proceed to mention how deep their team is because of players like Steve Novak, Bill Walker, Jared Jeffries, and Josh Harrelson. This is the definition of "totally delusional".

justinnum1
02-17-2012, 08:23 AM

Then they proceed to mention how deep their team is because of players like Steve Novak, Bill Walker, Jared Jeffries, and Josh Harrelson. This is the definition of "totally delusional".

:shush: Don't ruin there moment.

Knicks will be lucky, lucky to win a playoff round.

theheatles
02-17-2012, 08:51 AM

they'll be lucky to win a playoff game

YoungOne
02-17-2012, 08:51 AM
one losing streak they want to get rid of half of the team, one winning streak they are contenders :facepalm:

Broadwayjoe NY
02-17-2012, 08:56 AM

It's funny how a team in a completely different conference, from a handful of years ago, has absolutely any relevance whatsoever on this current basketball season. Guess I learn something new today...

The Knicks have to NOT get swept by the Boston Geriatrics.

Then shoot 80% from 3 and average 140 PPG to beat the Heat/Bulls.

The Knick's are allowing roughly 94 points per game and have been a top ten defensive team this year, while allowing their most points in a 119 double overtime loss to the Nuggets. But yea, they're somehow gonna allow 130+ to the heat and bulls whom only scored 103 and 99, respectively against us when we played them.

Actually, it's pretty spot on. Your post is probably more on par with delusional. You clearly haven't been watching the last 8 games, or else you wouldn't be saying this. Novak has been shooting over 50% from beyond the arc, JJ has been playing a fantastic 30 mpg and while Jorts has been hurt, he showed some grit and nice stroke when he was playing. Just because they aren't household names, doesn't mean they can't contribute.

Now, I'm much more of a wait and see guy, which is why I don't like the OP making this thread. However, I stand behind my statements and I will fully expect ya'll to do the same should all these statements come back to bite you in the ***.

RLundi
02-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Is this a joke? 7 wins in a row and you ask if this team is Finals-bound?

Wow.

king4day
02-17-2012, 09:07 AM
one losing streak they want to get rid of half of the team, one winning streak they are contenders :facepalm:

That losing streak didn't include Lin.
I don't think they're finals bound yet but a lot can change if you have someone running the show. The Suns used to be an extremely talented team, Nash, Marion, Amar'e, Joe Johnson. But when Nash was out, even those other guys couldn't get it done. In 04/05 when Nash missed a few games, that was supposedly the point that made people believe he deserved MVP. The drop off in production and fluidity was too great.
The Knicks were in a similar situation, only now they've got a PG.

Chill_Will_24
02-17-2012, 09:12 AM
No.. just not. This "Linsanity" for anyone that doesnt know consisted of games against the Nets, Wizards, Raptors, Lakers, Kings, Wolves, Jazz in no particular order...

None of those teams warrant all this hoopla this kid is getting except the Lakers (who had a senior citizen trying to guard a player who is pretty hard to stay in front of) yet Knicks fans are wondering whether they are a Finals team?

Just two weeks ago they were getting busted up by lottery teams and we were wondering whether they would even make the playoffs. I think in their desperation to make money of the Asian market the NBA, and ESPN have made a huge mistake in putting so much pressure on this kid to be a star and if he fails the fallout will be enormous. That isnt fair to him.

The Knicks are still a first round sweep at worst and first round exit at best till Melo comes back and proves me otherwise by fitting in to this Knicks puzzle without mesing up their chemistry.

Im curious btw... what happens if Melo comes back and Lin and the Knicks struggle again? Will Melo become the scapegoat in the media's desperate attempt to keep the Lin hype money train rolling and their Asian investors happy? Would the Knicks consider moving Melo?

Cliffny87
02-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Come on!!!!! I've been a Knicks fan my whole life and we haven't won a playoff game since I was in Junior High School...I have a Masters Degree now!...so let's worry about winning a playoff game 1st before we once again start talking championship

justinnum1
02-17-2012, 09:16 AM
It's funny how a team in a completely different conference, from a handful of years ago, has absolutely any relevance whatsoever on this current basketball season. Guess I learn something new today...

The Knick's are allowing roughly 94 points per game and have been a top ten defensive team this year, while allowing their most points in a 119 double overtime loss to the Nuggets. But yea, they're somehow gonna allow 130+ to the heat and bulls whom only scored 103 and 99, respectively against us when we played them.

Actually, it's pretty spot on. Your post is probably more on par with delusional. You clearly haven't been watching the last 8 games, or else you wouldn't be saying this. Novak has been shooting over 50% from beyond the arc, JJ has been playing a fantastic 30 mpg and while Jorts has been hurt, he showed some grit and nice stroke when he was playing. Just because they aren't household names, doesn't mean they can't contribute.

Now, I'm much more of a wait and see guy, which is why I don't like the OP making this thread. However, I stand behind my statements and I will fully expect ya'll to do the same should all these statements come back to bite you in the ***.
look who they have played...that is all. and no that lakers win was not impressive.

Chill_Will_24
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
That losing streak didn't include Lin.
I don't think they're finals bound yet but a lot can change if you have someone running the show. The Suns used to be an extremely talented team, Nash, Marion, Amar'e, Joe Johnson. But when Nash was out, even those other guys couldn't get it done. In 04/05 when Nash missed a few games, that was supposedly the point that made people believe he deserved MVP. The drop off in production and fluidity was too great.
The Knicks were in a similar situation, only now they've got a PG.

Yes it did. He didnt get the playing time because he was not doing well. Lin didnt take off till the Nets game where Melo sat back cuz he was struggling and let Lin abuse the Nets pathetic defense. Since then Melo was out.

So yet it included Lin.. problem is that it also included Melo. If Melo comes back and proves that he can fit into this then the Knicks are a dangerous team

justinnum1
02-17-2012, 09:21 AM
all i want to know is what happend when the knicks hit there next losing streak. the knicks fans overreaction to beating bad teams is linsanity

MTL_123
02-17-2012, 09:22 AM
i cant believe that so many knicks fans think they are tittle contenders and a legit shot at the finals wen all they have been playing are the worst teams in the east n west. Lets see wat happenes wen you guys play playoff caliber teams like okc bulls mia spurs n etcs

Knicks21
02-17-2012, 09:24 AM
We will not loose a game for the next 5 years, pre season not included.

niketas
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
ANY team can reach the finals in this shortened season imo

yes I bet on the Bobcats just a great team

BklynKnicks3
02-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Lets go NYk!

nycsports2
02-17-2012, 09:53 AM
if no chemistry problems with melo there gonna eb scary in playoffs

nycsports2
02-17-2012, 09:54 AM
they'll be lucky to win a playoff game

:D i can sig this???

LongIslandIcedZ
02-17-2012, 09:56 AM
If you didnt watch last season and came into this thread you would think the heat swept the entire playoffs last year.

I think the only answer to this question is to give it time. Too many unknown factors and it really has only been 7 games. Is it impossible? Definitely not, its a very talented team. Is it improbably? Yea, the heat should have the conference on lockdown.

justinnum1
02-17-2012, 10:00 AM
if no chemistry problems with melo there gonna eb scary in playoffs

Biggest if ever

justinnum1
02-17-2012, 10:01 AM
If you didnt watch last season and came into this thread you would think the heat swept the entire playoffs last year.

I think the only answer to this question is to give it time. Too many unknown factors and it really has only been 7 games. Is it impossible? Definitely not, its a very talented team. Is it improbably? Yea, the heat should have the conference on lockdown.

No, but most basketball fans(non NY homers) can see the enormous gap between bulls,heat and the rest of the east

Rockice_8
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
There is a lot of pressure on Melo to come in and not mess things up. The Knicks are rolling and it all depends on if Melo can put is ego aside and let Lin continue what he's been doing or is Melo gonna play ball stopper again.

Have to see how the full team gels first before we can call the Knicks anything but streaky.

Chill_Will_24
02-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Ive been saying for years that Melo is overrated and not worthy of being called an elite player in this league. He was the biggest problem the Knicks were having during this season. So glad the Nets dodged that bullet cuz even thou i wanted him at the time cuz we didnt have ANYONE to market, he would never have lead us to anything.

Exhibit A: Denver trades Melo and becomes immensely better.

Exhibit B: NY acquire Melo and becomes worse and gets swept in the playoffs

Exhibit C: NY becomes atrociously bad the next season and are wondering if they will get a top 5 pick

Exhibit D: Denver is still soaring and playing better ball than we have seen in years

Exhibit E: Melo gets injured and the Knicks suddenly are a revived team with great ball movement and more efficient scoring

When Melo returns, the Knicks risk not only Jeremy Lin suffering but also Fields, Shumpert, Amare, Novak, Walker, and Jeffries. Chander wont be affected much because his job is defense, rebounding, and catching lobs

Algmuskrats
02-17-2012, 12:10 PM
JR Smith coming off the bench to me might get them there IMO.

Team*Chicago
02-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Who ever posted this got'ta be a Knicks hater because they are trying to get some haters to pile up on the Knicks.

shep33
02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
They better move up to the 6th seed at least. Miami and Chicago in the first round is asking for an early exit.

NoahH
02-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Out in the first round

latinofire21
02-17-2012, 12:34 PM

Why do you even bother posting in Knick related threads. You are so delusional its not even funny anymore. If Steve Novak, Jared Jefferies, Josh Harrelson, Billy Walker, and Iman shumpert doesnt qualify as a deep bench please explain to me the recent ascension of the Knicks? No Amare, No Melo these guys were helping take out starting lineups.

You act as if they dont belong in the league. I am not a Billy Walker fan at all. I think he makes a lot of dumb mistakes but didnt he light up the Heat with Lebron guarding him? If these guys dont qualify as a deep bench what do they qualify as? I was pretty sure whenever you could go on a ridiculous winning streak typically with players who wouldnt see major minutes unless starters were absent that this meant you have a deep team.

You need to stop drinking the haterade and give respect where its due. This team can play with any team in the east right now. Your heat may miss out on yet another one of those championships they promised their fanbase.

latinofire21
02-17-2012, 12:36 PM

We should sig bet then. If the Knicks win a round in the playoffs you have to wear a knicks sig for the rest of the playoffs and the regular season of 2012-2013. If they dont I will put on any crappy Heat sig you give me.

naps
02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
I think they are still one veteran big man off the bench away from getting there. I actually think they can give Miami some issues but might struggle against a defensive juggernaut like Chicago.

You are kidding yourself if you think Miami is not a defensive juggernaut.

uprightciti
02-17-2012, 12:46 PM
the knicks will win this years finals

you can quote me on that

latinofire21
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Ive been saying for years that Melo is overrated and not worthy of being called an elite player in this league. He was the biggest problem the Knicks were having during this season. So glad the Nets dodged that bullet cuz even thou i wanted him at the time cuz we didnt have ANYONE to market, he would never have lead us to anything.

Exhibit A: Denver trades Melo and becomes immensely better. - Our talent was under rated by all you PSD haters because they were in Knick uniforms. We overpaid for him.

Exhibit B: NY acquire Melo and becomes worse and gets swept in the playoffs. We didnt get worse, we were playing great going into the playoffs and then Amare and Chauncey went down. Even with them down he took the Celtics to the finals seconds of 3 games.

Exhibit C: NY becomes atrociously bad the next season and are wondering if they will get a top 5 pick. We had no point guard. Losing chauncey even for Tyson proved to hurt us because we had no floor general until Lin got his opportunity.

Exhibit D: Denver is still soaring and playing better ball than we have seen in years. Denver isnt still soaring. They are injured and losing games left and right. Your really smoking something good right now.

Exhibit E: Melo gets injured and the Knicks suddenly are a revived team with great ball movement and more efficient scoring. Melo and Amare were out and we found our point guard during the stretch. He makes everyone better. He made guys that never got any respect around the league look like legit starters - jefferies, novak, walker. With Melo in the mix we havent seen what this team is capable of.

When Melo returns, the Knicks risk not only Jeremy Lin suffering but also Fields, Shumpert, Amare, Novak, Walker, and Jeffries. Chander wont be affected much because his job is defense, rebounding, and catching lobs

Your exhibits are really stupid.

2-ONE-5
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
They are .500 relax.

Gibby23
02-17-2012, 12:50 PM
No, but most basketball fans(non NY homers) can see the enormous gap between bulls,heat and the rest of the east

It's not that big of a gap. The Knicks are going to give the Bulls and Heat all they can handle.

benzni
02-17-2012, 12:51 PM
absolutely not

HOZ THE KNICK
02-17-2012, 12:52 PM
all i have to say is we will compete, and don't sleep how many teams really want to play the knicks in the playoffs after we get our shitt together.

driz
02-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Can't call ANYTHING like this until you see how Melo/Lin will mesh.

CostanzaNumba0
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Can't call ANYTHING like this until you see how Melo/Lin will mesh.

agreed, but for the people saying "lmao" and making fun of the OP, can you honestly say the knicks are significantly less talented then any team in the league? Shumpert is a legitimate defensive ace, Chandlers a top 5 center, Amare and Melo are perennial allstars, obviously Lin, Novaks a legitimate shooter, Fields has been playing incredible, and now a second unit propelled by the scoring abilities of JR Smith? Thats a very, very, talented team and deeper than Miami. Look at how they matchup with the bulls

Lin << Rose (if healthy, back injuries suck)
Fields = Hamilton (if he can get on the court)
Melo > Deng
Amare > Boozer
Chandler = Noah

The bench is also very similar, i actually like NYKs better than chicago with shumpert Smith and Novak, and people are forgetting Baron Davis, if he comes back that is one hell of a deep team. this is not as outlandish as some suggest, D'Antoni teams are night and day when they have a true pg

Kashmir13579
02-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Bruce Bowen on ESPN right now praising the Knicks and Mike Woodson's defense.

Beltrans Mole
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Making a thread like this will never end well for the Knicks fans, so why even make it?

Public Enemy #1
02-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Knicks 7 game win streak is nice and everything, but they only beat one real playoff team and thats the Lakers. 6 of the next 9 games vs playoff contenders. If they continue their run, then they are legit, but I doubt they will. Melo will screw up the chemistry and become the black hole we all know he is.

nycsports2
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
yes they do but your giving the haters and baiters another shot at the team so y make this thread???

Public Enemy #1
02-17-2012, 01:14 PM
It's not that big of a gap. The Knicks are going to give the Bulls and Heat all they can handle.

Reach for the stars... lol The gap is pretty damn significant between the Heat/Bulls rest of the EAST. It's okay, all you Knicks fans will learn come playoff time. One win vs a playoff team or for that matter with a winning record during this 7 game win streak and you guys think you're going to give the Heat and Bulls trouble? :facepalm:

nycsports2
02-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Bruce Bowen on ESPN right now praising the Knicks and Mike Woodson's defense.

finally getting some credit.. also shumps d is just sick

nycsports2
02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Reach for the stars... lol The gap is pretty damn significant between the Heat/Bulls rest of the EAST. It's okay, all you Knicks fans will learn come playoff time. One win vs a playoff team or for that matter with a winning record during this 7 game win streak and you guys think you're going to give the Heat and Bulls trouble? :facepalm:

we make the schedule??? were doing our part bud #Linning!

ink
02-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Making a thread like this will never end well for the Knicks fans, so why even make it?

That, and the fact that this is the NBA FORUM.

Please refrain from starting team threads in the NBA forum. This thread is not about NBA wide issues. It is about a TEAM.

This goes for any TEAM poster that mistakes this forum for their TEAM forum.

Closed.