PDA

View Full Version : A.I. Willing To Play In Minors

NYKnickFanatic
02-16-2012, 02:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7582082/allen-iverson-willing-play-minors-nba-shot-source-says

With hopes of getting one last shot in the NBA, former All-Star and league MVP Allen Iverson is contemplating playing minor league basketball, according to a person close to the situation.

Iverson is willing to play in the Caribbean, in South America or even in the D-League if it gives him a chance to return to the NBA, the source said.

"Allen only wants to play if there's a possibility that it leads to the NBA,'' the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "That's the only way he would go to one of these lower leagues. He wants to get back to the NBA and leave the game on his terms.''

Lake_Show2416
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
sorry we just got Rafer Alston, mayb he can try the Bakersfield Jam lol

Hellcrooner
02-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Dude, if he had accepted the sixth man role in memphis he would probably be still there.

KnicksorBust
02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Sad. Broke Hall or Famer clinging to a career that no longer exists. I hate to think of him like this. The old AI was such a thrill to watch. Even as an opponent.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
The Lakers go after guys who have more interest in other teams (KMart and JR Smith) but shoo away guys who actually WANT to play for the Lakers (AI and Gilbert Arenas).

We can't get any worse, just give AI a chance Laker management!

Gritz
02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Since LA is the only team without a pg now, maybe he should stand out on skid row with a sign

kblo247
02-16-2012, 03:45 PM
A Garnishment changed his tune quick

Stephen A Smith said the Lakers asked him to play for the Dfenders so they could gauge him and ring him in but he turned them down because he didn't do the d league.

Reality has ***** slapped him and he now would probably take that offer.

And like I said, if he could hold his damn pride in check I'd love for LA to sign him and Gilbert both because they should both have more in the tank than Fish and Blake

mRc08
02-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Am I the only person who feels like A.I. has gotten what he deserves? its not like he suffered some major injury that he couldn't avoid. He has been terribly unprofessional in his career, and now only hopes to play to pay of debt.

ManningToTyree
02-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Am I the only person who feels like A.I. has gotten what he deserves? its not like he suffered some major injury that he couldn't avoid. He has been terribly unprofessional in his career, and now only hopes to play to pay of debt.

you are not alone. Loved watching him play, but he did this to himself.

MichaelJordan23
02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
How the mighty have fallen .. AI please get back in to shape and accept a bench role on a contender it will do wonders for your reputation.

BK-TY
02-16-2012, 05:13 PM
The brother needs a job. It's not like you'll EVER catch him on the set of NBA Gametime between Kamla and Mahorn! :p

smith&wesson
02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
How the mighty have fallen .. AI please get back in to shape and accept a bench role on a contender it will do wonders for your reputation.

he is in shape. no one wants him. thats his problem. he had a good situation in memphis. he just ****ed it up.

Master Mind
02-16-2012, 05:31 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvn9p48azr1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Fresno
02-17-2012, 01:27 AM
he is in shape. no one wants him. thats his problem. he had a good situation in memphis. he just ****ed it up.

Nobody knows how that situation in Memphis would've turned out.

When he signed there, they were terrible and people scoffed at the idea of Iverson playing for a Lottery bound Grizzlies team. If they were as good as they appear now, I highly doubt he would've asked for his release.

Cal827
02-17-2012, 01:34 AM

Nope, I fully agree. He made a ton of cash in his career. If he didn't decide to act like a punkass, he wouldn't be in this situation.

Fresno
02-17-2012, 01:36 AM

To say he "deserves" anything negative happening to him because he did things his way and never bowed down to be politically correct to create a false image of himself is off base. Unfortunately, many people took the things Iverson did & said personal as if hes some bad guy who deserves to suffer for how he treated them.

Suffer how?

Be unemployed?
Be homeless?
Lose his family?
Die?

Honestly, what did he bring upon himself and what karma are we supposed to be seeing?

Cal827
02-17-2012, 01:46 AM
To say he "deserves" anything negative happening to him because he did things his way and never bowed down to be politically correct to create a false image of himself is off base. Unfortunately, many people took the things Iverson did & said personal as if hes some bad guy who deserves to suffer for how he treated them.

Suffer how?

Be unemployed?
Be homeless?
Lose his family?
Die?

Honestly, what did he bring upon himself and what karma are we supposed to be seeing?

Well some people feel that he pissed away his privilege becoming an NBA player and making millions of dollars because of his ego. It wasn't like this guy suffered an unfortunate injury that ruined his career. And with the millions that he already made, he was extremely stupid in spending it. Maybe I don't understand it cause I've never had that amount of coin, but how hard can it be for some of these guys to put away like a million a year? That would be like 10% of his contract and it would help stabilize a future issue. There's no way that a guy of his caliber should have to come back to pay off some jewellery debt.

DerekRE_3
02-17-2012, 01:54 AM
"Allen only wants to play if there's a possibility that it leads to the NBA,'' the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "That's the only way he would go to one of these lower leagues. He wants to get back to the NBA and earn enough money to pay his jewelry debt."

fixed

Fresno
02-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Well some people feel that he pissed away his privilege becoming an NBA player and making millions of dollars because of his ego. It wasn't like this guy suffered an unfortunate injury that ruined his career. And with the millions that he already made, he was extremely stupid in spending it. Maybe I don't understand it cause I've never had that amount of coin, but how hard can it be for some of these guys to put away like a million a year? That would be like 10% of his contract and it would help stabilize a future issue. There's no way that a guy of his caliber should have to come back to pay off some jewellery debt.

Iverson has been speaking of a "NBA comeback" every year for the last 3 years.

Each time hes signed anywhere people automatically assumed hes doing it to pay off something instead of doing it because he loves the game.

AI didn't piss away his NBA career at all, he left a legacy unmatched due to the uniquenesss of his game and personality. Do fans hate him because he didnt act the way they wanted him to? Yes. Are there just as many fans who like Allen Iverson? Yes. The fact that hes 36, presumably forced out the league, and trying to work his way back in is just another example of that. Im rooting for him to pull it off.

As far as investing millions goes, these guys make a lot of money and they spend a lot of money. I've seen so many stories of guys losing millions by trusting financial advisors that honestly it seems like these guys only can turn their money into wealth if they get lucky in business.

TeamGoku
02-17-2012, 02:19 AM
A.I. was my favorite player for many years and it is a shame how far he has fallen but he really has no one to blame but himself dude is an ******* but lots of people are yet cause he is famous to a point people want him to act more like a role model and trust me that isn't who he is. I personally hope someone gives him one last shot and that he can except being a sixth man/ role player for that team.

Good luck A.I. your gonna need it

JayW_1023
02-17-2012, 02:56 AM
He is done and people need to stop being in denial he can still play in the NBA.

broncosfan4eva
02-17-2012, 03:23 AM
He is done and people need to stop being in denial he can still play in the NBA.

Im lost on ur post u say he is done...but can still play in the nba?

sventhedog
02-17-2012, 05:49 AM
he made the dumbest mistake by showing everyone he doesn't want to be a role player. too much pride can kill you.

Pointblank
02-17-2012, 06:38 AM
he made the dumbest mistake by showing everyone he doesn't want to be a role player. too much pride can kill you.

That's exactly it.

ivylleague1'
02-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Iverson is the best player in the NBA when healthy and in top form. He is healthy and in a good form. He is not addressing his main problem - quiting on teams. He quit on all the last four teams he played for. He just quit (He might have had ligitimate reasons to miss games but, not to quit completely). He quit on Joe Dumars and Detroit and dashed ttheir championship hopes, He quit on Memphis (I blame him and the coach for not communicating), He quit on Philadelphia (I blame him for that, he should have communicated better with the team), He quit on Besiktas (He was injured ).
My Advice to him: Apologize to all the teams he abandoned, and pledge not to quit on his future teams. If he does this his phone will start ringing off the hook.
Iverson is in shape and can play at the highest level. He is the Maestro.

LakersIn5
02-17-2012, 12:33 PM
AI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FISHeR!!!! just sign him already! if fisher can start on a team then iverson could too!

CostanzaNumba0
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Iverson is the best player in the NBA when healthy and in top form. He is healthy and in a good form. He is not addressing his main problem - quiting on teams. He quit on all the last four teams he played for. He just quit (He might have had ligitimate reasons to miss games but, not to quit completely). He quit on Joe Dumars and Detroit and dashed ttheir championship hopes, He quit on Memphis (I blame him and the coach for not communicating), He quit on Philadelphia (I blame him for that, he should have communicated better with the team), He quit on Besiktas (He was injured ).
My Advice to him: Apologize to all the teams he abandoned, and pledge not to quit on his future teams. If he does this his phone will start ringing off the hook.
Iverson is in shape and can play at the highest level. He is the Maestro.

Allen Iverson is the most overrated "superstar" in the history of the nba

Cal827
02-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Allen Iverson is the most overrated "superstar" in the history of the nba

Just to purely bait bulls fans, I'm gonna say that Derrick Rose is :D

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Allen Iverson, who was close to Guaros de Lara (Venezuela), turned down the proposal and will stay in the United States. Twitter

Source: Hoopshype

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-18-2012, 08:30 PM
My guess is he's going to play for a D-League team and then join the NBA team that's affiliated with that D-League team if he impresses.

(Hopefully, that D-League team is the LA D-fenders, and that NBA Team is the Los Angeles Lakers).

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Guaros de Lara announced that Allen Iverson turned down their proposal deciding to stay in the States. The Venezuelan team was very close to former NBA All-Star.
"Allen Iverson decided to stay in the States. I don't know if his legal and financial problems convinced him not to accept our offer but I can say that the deal was not finalized. I don't want to create false expectations among our supporters. We continue with our players who are performing very well" said Tomas Morris, manager of the Venezuelan team.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/world/america/35536/allen_iverson_turned_down_guaros_de_lara_s_proposa l.html

SportsAndrew25
02-18-2012, 08:46 PM
cool story bro. tell it again.

THE MTL
02-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Allen Iverson is a FIRST ballot hall of famer. My have the mighty have fallen. He should have ended his career instead of going out like this.

Seriously, that last season he went back to Philly and got voted in by the fans to play in the allstar game. He should have manned up thru the injury and played like 3 minutes in the game and called it a career.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-18-2012, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we see AI play this season with an NBA team.

xxplayerxx23
02-18-2012, 11:36 PM
let him go to the dleague and see what he can do, See if he still has game left, I believe he can help a contender off the bench, II loved watching him play, He can score with the best of them back then, I feel bad he is broke, Maybe go to the dleague show wat you got if your not done somebody will pick you up. if not go to europe some team will pay you some kind of decent money to play, How old is he now? 34?

ManRam
02-18-2012, 11:39 PM
well, he's broke isn't he? of course he should be willing to start at the bottom again.

on one hand i find it really sad that all these guys are bankrupt now, but on the other hand it's hard to really be too sympathetic. they've all made more in a year than i'll make in my life.

best of luck to him, but i'd be surprised if he made it all the way back

aztr0
02-19-2012, 02:51 AM

I'm a big Iverson fan from back in the day when he was with the Sixers and continue to be a fan. But what he brought upon himself? How about... blowing $150+ million dollars over the years when he was in the NBA? Some players need a financial advisor in the worst way. He'll still be one of my favorite players, even if he's in playing scrubs in the DLeague.

Fresno
02-19-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm a big Iverson fan from back in the day when he was with the Sixers and continue to be a fan. But what he brought upon himself? How about... blowing $150+ million dollars over the years when he was in the NBA? Some players need a financial advisor in the worst way. He'll still be one of my favorite players, even if he's in playing scrubs in the DLeague.

How many stories need to come out about Financial Advisors screwing up players money?

Just the last month alone Vin Baker & TO have went public on how their Financial Advisors lied to them about how they were handling their money.

heyman321
02-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Dude we talking about practice.

SMH!
02-19-2012, 03:24 AM

how original

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-19-2012, 03:28 AM

This condensed season would be perfect for AI, since teams are having trouble fitting in practices between games. :p

wizardsfan3
02-19-2012, 04:03 AM

How original.

heyman321
02-19-2012, 04:20 AM

How original.

xILLN355
02-19-2012, 04:37 AM

how original