PDA

View Full Version : NY Knicks agree to deal with J.R. Smith

Pages : [1] 2 3

king4day
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Jeremy Lin will soon have to learn to play with Carmelo Anthony, as well as one of Anthony's former Denver Nuggets teammate.

The Knicks are closing in on a deal to sign free agent shooting guard J.R. Smith, the Daily News has learned. Smith began the season in China, but has been eyeing a return to the NBA once the lockout ended.

Smith's agent, Leon Rose, met with Garden Chairman James Dolan following Wednesday's Knicks' win over Sacramento to finalize a contract. It is believed that Smith, who has also attracted the interest of the Clippers, will receive the Knicks' $2.5 million exception. Rose also represents Anthony, who has lobbied the club to add Smith, an explosive scorer who can also be erratic at times. He has averaged 12.5 points per game over seven NBA seasons.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-closing-deal-add-free-agent-shooting-guard-smith-article-1.1023816?localLinksEnabled=false

Lake_Show2416
02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
terrible

Jetsguy
02-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Knicks could really use his scoring off the bench...things looking up in NY!!!!

lvlheaded
02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Lin-Baron-Shumpert
Fields-Smith-Shumpert
Melo-Novak-Fields
Amar'e-JJ-Novak
Chandler-JJ-Jorts

When Jorts and Baron come back, the Knicks will be able to run 9-10 deep. Love it

shep33
02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Good pickup, I really think the Clips would've been a better fit though. That being said, he's getting a lot more money with the Knicks.

metswon69
02-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Gives them more bench depth, no complaints here.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 02:29 PM
I think with time, the Knicks will build chemistry, and with the offensive firepower they have and the improved defense led by Iman Shumpert, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Knicks will upset either the Bulls or Heat and get to the ECF.

Giants-49ers-Ws
02-16-2012, 02:31 PM
good pick-up...if Melo & Lin can mesh together, the sky is the limit for NY

NYKnickFanatic
02-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I think with time, the Knicks will build chemistry, and with the offensive firepower they have and the improved defense led by Iman Shumpert, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Knicks will upset either the Bulls or Heat and get to the ECF.

Blasphemy!!!

Punk
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I hope It's a 2 year deal. It would suck if we can't retain him. He makes us so deep now. Best part is, he helps get rid of a scrub (Bibby, Douglas, Balkman).

meloman1592
Some people are gonna be realllyyyyyy maddd about this

nycericanguy
Knicks are a legit 11 deep now, not even counting guys like Douglas, Bibby & Walker cuz they have not been good.

lvlheaded
02-16-2012, 02:34 PM
By the sounds of it, Melo is willing to buy into the team game and let Lin run the game. This should make his numbers sky rocket. Adding more scoring to the bench in Smith is HUGE

colinskik
02-16-2012, 02:34 PM
This seems like a bad move IMO.

Where do you find mins for him without taking them away from Shump and Fields, who have been playing very, very well during this winning streak? It seems like a tough fit, and that's without considering Melo's mins.

Last thing we need is another ball hog, especially one who has a propensity for being reckless. I don't think Smith wants to be third string guy...

I don't like it.

colinskik
02-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Knicks are a legit 11 deep now, not even counting guys like Douglas, Bibby & Walker cuz they have not been good.
Walker hasn't been good? I think you should reevaluate that sentiment.

29$JerZ
Lin - Baron
Fields - Iman
Melo - Smith?
Amar'e - Jorts
Tyson - Jared

Is how I see the rotation being. Don't see room for Novak.

shep33
Yeah, Shump is likely to lose minutes if this is the case. When Melo comes back, what happens to Novak? Gonna be interesting how Mike D handles this situation. I think it'll work out though.

justinnum1
02-16-2012, 02:36 PM

:facepalm: Lets see the knicks win a playoff game first, if they are facing miami or bulls in the first round they could very well be swept.

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah, Shump is likely to lose minutes if this is the case. When Melo comes back, what happens to Novak? Gonna be interesting how Mike D handles this situation. I think it'll work out though.

As of now I imagine the guard rotation will be Lin, Shump, Fields & Smith. With Fields playing some SF as well.

I don't want Walker anywhere near the court. He's garbage.

Novak might be affected some because now Fields will get time at SF. And with JJ, Amare and soon to be Harrelson at PF... it gets tight. Althrough Harrelson can play the 5 as can JJ.

Punk
02-16-2012, 02:40 PM
The rotation should be Lin, Fields, Melo, Amare, Chandler. Bench: Davis, Smith, Shump, Harrellson/Novak, Jeffries with Walker, Bibby as the third string.

colinskik
02-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Lin - Baron
Fields - Iman
Melo - Smith?
Amar'e - Jorts
Tyson - Jared

I forgot about Novak ...

I don't understand wanting to cut mins from arguably the best shooter the Knicks have thrown out there this year for a guy who's a sexier name. Not to mention, Novak is no slouch on the boards.

gotoHcarolina52
02-16-2012, 02:42 PM
:facepalm: Lets see the knicks win a playoff game first, if they are facing miami or bulls in the first round they could very well be swept.

It's been 3,946 days since the New York Knicks last won a playoff game.

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
The rotation should be Lin, Fields, Melo, Amare, Chandler. Bench: Davis, Smith, Shump, Harrellson/Novak, Jeffries with Walker, Bibby as the third string.

JJ 3rd string? Give the man some respect, he's a big reason we've gone 7-0.

JJ should be playing 20-25mpg every night at SF, PF & C

meloman1592
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Crunch time, with 10 seconds on the clock. The knicks could throw out
Lin..or baron when healthy
Smith
Melo
Novak
Amare

Infinite spacing!!!!!!!!!

oak2455

Nahhh the Knicks are just getting better n better

lvlheaded
^ because depth wins championships. If you can rotate 11 deep you keep guys fresh and it hurts you less when one guy goes into a slump. That's why teams like Dallas win. They had depth up and down the court. Adding Smith only helps IMO

Kashmir13579
I don't like it for Fields and Shump but i think its a deal you have to make if presented the oppurtunity.

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
JJ 3rd string? Give the man some respect, he's a big reason we've gone 7-0.

JJ should be playing 20-25mpg every night at SF, PF & C

We've been better with Jeffries at the PF than Amar'e.

shep33
02-16-2012, 02:46 PM
When Davis comes back though, Shump won't be playing pg anymore. Mike's got some tough decisions to make.

Also the lineup should be Lin and Novak vs the other team's starting 5.

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Lin - Baron
Fields - Iman
Melo - Smith?
Amar'e - Jorts
Tyson - Jared

There should always be spot minutes for Novak.

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
When Davis comes back though, Shump won't be playing pg anymore. Mike's got some tough decisions to make.

Also the lineup should be Lin and Novak vs the other team's starting 5.

thats a good thing bro...lol

I love Shump, he is the best guard defender I have ever seen on NY... he has all defensive team written all over him.

But he's NOT a PG. He's a SG, but at 6'5 230 he has the size for it, and even some SF.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Some people are gonna be realllyyyyyy maddd about this

I already knew Lakers FO was incompetent, and Mike Brown isn't much of a encouraging type of speaker, so I really didn't look too much into the JR talking to Coach Brown tweet.

I'm just happy he didn't decide to go to the rival Clippers.

Knickfansince97
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
i guess im the only one thats saying we dont need him here. we already have shumpert and fields at the 2 thats more than good enough.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM

I love Shump, he is the best guard defender I have ever seen on NY... he has all defensive team written all over him.

But he's NOT a PG. He's a SG, but at 6'5 230 he has the size for it, and even some SF.

Shumpert's defense reminds me of a young Kobe and his defense in the late 90's, and especially in the early 2000s when the Lakers were winning championships while Kobe was the #2 option.

The goods
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Well if he wasn't going to be a laker I rather him go to the east,the knicks are hot right now and seem to be getting better with this pick-up.
If nothing else they'll be near unbeatable on 2k12.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
As of now I imagine the guard rotation will be Lin, Shump, Fields & Smith. With Fields playing some SF as well.

I don't want Walker anywhere near the court. He's garbage.

Novak might be affected some because now Fields will get time at SF. And with JJ, Amare and soon to be Harrelson at PF... it gets tight. Althrough Harrelson can play the 5 as can JJ.

I think they can put Landry Fields as a backup to Melo at the Small Forward position, no?

And Novak can get limited amount of minutes and be that "end of the qtr" type of guy where you need one shot.

NYsFinest
02-16-2012, 02:54 PM
i guess im the only one thats saying we dont need him here. we already have shumpert and fields at the 2 thats more than good enough.

So you have no problem with Billy Walker playing 20 mpg? Shump can play any position 1-3 and Fields can play the 3 as well.

shep33

Haha I agree, but I guess what i'm getting at is there will be a log-jam at the 2 spot with Fields, Shump, and Smith. Fields can maybe move to the 3 spot at times though. I don't think he should be playing the 3 in all truth. He's just way too small still.

This is where we'll see how good of a coach Mike D is. If he can pick the right mix of guys, this Knick team can be very very dangerous. All on Mike D at this point though.

Slimsim
I hope JR leaves the street mentality Outside the garden

nycericanguy
Shumpert's defense reminds me of a young Kobe and his defense in the late 90's, and especially in the early 2000s when the Lakers were winning championships while Kobe was the #2 option.

Yea ever since Lin took over at PG for him, Shump has been a beast on defense. Knicks are winning games with their defense... who woulda thought.

Between Shump up top and Chandler down low, its not easy to score on NY in crunch time.

lvlheaded
02-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Depth on depth on depth. If Melo can mesh, Knicks coming together

Punk
Bill "Step Out Of Bounds" Walker should only be used against the Heat since he only shows up to play LeBron. His minutes should be 0 with a healthy roster.

justinnum1

I'm sure he will:rolleyes:

shep33
02-16-2012, 02:56 PM

Tyson will keep him in line I think

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
^ CHandler is the freaking man! I love his attitude and all out play.

brodgitt82
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
This seems like a bad move IMO.

Where do you find mins for him without taking them away from Shump and Fields, who have been playing very, very well during this winning streak? It seems like a tough fit, and that's without considering Melo's mins.

Last thing we need is another ball hog, especially one who has a propensity for being reckless. I don't think Smith wants to be third string guy...

I don't like it.

Signing J.r Smith gives us crazy flexibilty.

Pg- Lin. Davis. Bibby. Shump
Sg- Shump. Smith. Fields. Walker
Sf- Melo. Fields. Walker. Jefferies. Shump
Pf- Amare. Novak. Jefferies. Harrellson
C- Chandler. Harrellson. Jefferies

KnicksorBust
02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't like it for Fields and Shump but i think its a deal you have to make if presented the oppurtunity.

This was my original thought. Fields is the perfect glue guy who does a little bit of everything for us (score-pass-rebound-defend) and Shumpert is very talented defensive player and slasher off the bench. I like them rotating at SG together. However, neither is a great floor spacer and in D'Antoni's system we need more shooters than just Novak. JR Smith gives us that and allows us to slide Fields to SF (whose has shown to have trouble at times guarding SGs). As long as JR Smith is simply taking Bill Walker's 20 minutes away, I think he's a good add and you can't hate that price tag for an instant offense player.

Slimsim
02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm sure he will:rolleyes:

Yea highly unlikely

colinskik
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
So you have no problem with Billy Walker playing 20 mpg? Shump can play any position 1-3 and Fields can play the 3 as well.
He's only getting those min because Melo's out.

I don't know why there's so much hate for Billy Walker here. He's finally starting to get it, making the correct pass instead of charging into everyone in the paint. PLus, you can't deny that he has an alright shot, as long as he doesn't shoot it every time he touches it.

lvlheaded
Fact- Tyson Chandler is the ****ing man. I love the attitude he brings to the court and I think he will help keep JR in line if this gets done

Slimsim
JR would come off the bench

mdm692
knick fans get ready for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmsNA6yhXY

HouRealCoach
02-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Man we are deep on that perimeter now

lvlheaded
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
knick fans get ready for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmsNA6yhXY

Face rape

colinskik
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Signing J.r Smith gives us crazy flexibilty.

Pg- Lin. Davis. Bibby. Shump
Sg- Shump. Smith. Fields. Walker
Sf- Melo. Fields. Walker. Jefferies. Shump
Pf- Amare. Novak. Jefferies. Harrellson
C- Chandler. Harrellson. Jefferies
So you want Fields to go from the starting SG to 3rd string? Doesn't make any sense.

There are simply not enough mins to go around with Smith on this team, who demands at least 25-30 per.

I'd rather take Shump's hounding D and Fields' intangibles than Smith's instant offense. I can't believe people are advocating more offense even though we now have Lin who can create his own shot and of course Melo who's going to hog his fair share of shots. We DO NOT need another guy who stifles the ball movement and unselfish play that's been dominating of late. Let Novak get more time, he shoots the lights out.

Slimsim
02-16-2012, 03:06 PM
lin has meshin to do

Punk
02-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Sorry but just because Lin saved our team doesn't change the fact we had a inconsistent bench and Fields makes the Knick starting 5 seem 4 on 5 with offense.

Fields has had a 15 point stretch of 5 games this season and disappear the next 5 games.

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 03:09 PM
^ outside of the first 8 or 9 games, Fields has been great and one of our most consistent players.

How can you not give Fields & JJ a ton of props for helping us go 7-0. They're playing winning basketball

colinskik
02-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Sorry but just because Lin saved our team doesn't change the fact we had a inconsistent bench and Fields makes the Knick starting 5 seem 4 on 5 with offense.

Fields has had a 15 point stretch of 5 games this season and disappear the next 5 games.
One thing is crystal clear over the past 7 games ... Fields cannot play with Melo.

He's so much more free out there when Melo's out. He needs to take guys off the dribble, not spot up for the 3.

On the bright side though, Lin seems to look for Fields so maybe he can coexist with Melo as long as Lin directs people on the court.

Slimsim
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Knicks should trade walker to the clippers for a second rounder

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 03:14 PM
One thing is crystal clear over the past 7 games ... Fields cannot play with Melo.

He's so much more free out there when Melo's out. He needs to take guys off the dribble, not spot up for the 3.

On the bright side though, Lin seems to look for Fields so maybe he can coexist with Melo as long as Lin directs people on the court.

Fields started to turn it around WELL before the last 7 games. He played great with Melo after the first 2 weeks.

He had a stretch of 6 games with Melo where he averaged 16ppg 5rpg & 4apg on 50%+ from the field. Arguably his best stretch of games this year.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 03:15 PM

Knicks need a big man off the bench, and I think they should go after Chris Kaman when NOH fails to trade him by the deadline. They'll buy him out, and I think your management should do everything in their power to prevent him from going to the rival Heat.

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Knicks need a big man off the bench, and I think they should go after Chris Kaman when NOH fails to trade him by the deadline. They'll buy him out, and I think your management should do everything in their power to prevent him from going to the rival Heat.

Harrelson is coming back next week. That kid can play! With him & JJ I think we're fine.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Harrelson is coming back next week. That kid can play! With him & JJ I think we're fine.

You have to think big picture. Playoffs requires experience, and if I'm the Knicks, I closely monitor the Chris Kaman situation. You don't understand how lethal a frontcourt rotation of Amare/Chandler/Kaman is. Miami's undersized guys like Bosh/Anthony/Haslem will have no chance against that length. The Lakers had that type of length in Odom/Bynum/Gasol that helped us win 2 championships. It's those type of things your team needs to help you get far in the playoffs and maybe even win the whole thing.

uprightciti
02-16-2012, 03:20 PM

dude u sound like an old school knicks fan

trades trades trades

if anyone has has earned a trade its Toney Douglas

BK-TY
02-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Here's MY issue with this report. Why was Rose meeting with DOLAN instead of Grunwald? Why can't this dude just sit back and stay out of the way and let people do their job? I mean if it wasn't for Lin Dolan would be SOLELY responsible for screwing us up and setting us back ANOTHER three seasons at least. :facepalm:

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
You have to think big picture. Playoffs requires experience, and if I'm the Knicks, I closely monitor the Chris Kaman situation. You don't understand how lethal a frontcourt rotation of Amare/Chandler/Kaman is. Miami's undersized guys like Bosh/Anthony/Haslem will have no chance against that length. The Lakers had that type of length in Odom/Bynum/Gasol that helped us win 2 championships. It's those type of things your team needs to help you get far in the playoffs and maybe even win the whole thing.

I dont think Kaman would come here to play spot minutes, not when he can go to MIA and immediately start, or even a team like BOS, PHI or ATL that have huge holes at C.

JJ was great for NY in the playoffs last year, with JJ, Chandler, Amare & Harrelson I don't think theres any room.

lvlheaded
02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Kaman would choose the Heat over the Knicks because he would start in Miami giving him a better chance to show case himself for FA this offseason.

colinskik
02-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Fields started to turn it around WELL before the last 7 games. He played great with Melo after the first 2 weeks.

He had a stretch of 6 games with Melo where he averaged 16ppg 5rpg & 4apg on 50%+ from the field. Arguably his best stretch of games this year.
That's true, but he looks way more confident of late. His game looks different too, not nearly as hesitant, taking it to the rim and not settling for the outside jumper as much.

Maybe because Melo dominates the ball so much it seems like Fields isn't as large of factor -- gets his stats more quietly. Regardless, I love what I've seen from Fields lately.

Master Mind
02-16-2012, 03:22 PM
I'd go to the Clips if I were JR, more playing time...

lvlheaded
02-16-2012, 03:24 PM
I'd go to the Clips if I were JR, more playing time...

And that would have nothing to do with you being a Heat fan hoping a team in your own conference doesn't improve now would it?

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 03:25 PM
That's true, but he looks way more confident of late. His game looks different too, not nearly as hesitant, taking it to the rim and not settling for the outside jumper as much.

Maybe because Melo dominates the ball so much it seems like Fields isn't as large of factor -- gets his stats more quietly. Regardless, I love what I've seen from Fields lately.

Lin is making everyone look real good...lol. Fields got 3 or 4 easy buckets and lobs form Lin last night.

But overall Fields has played really well with Melo this year. He's not deferring anymore.

metsfan99999
02-16-2012, 03:27 PM

I completely agree with you. I was very unhappy when the Knicks didn't sign Kenyon Martin to the mini MLE. With the emergence of Lin, Shump won't be getting nearly as many minutes at PG. Therefore we don't really need another SG/SF. The addition of Kaman would allow the Knicks to rest Amare and Tyson who are both injury prone. I am not that confident in Jeffries being the first big man off of the bench, and Jorts is pretty good for a rookie but can't be trusted yet. Kaman would provide a nice vet presence and make the Knicks frontline rotation even better.

I love the idea of our backups being
PG: Baron Davis
SG: Shump
SF: Bill Walker/Novak
PF: Jeffries/Jorts
C: Kaman

I think that lineup might be better than the Bobcats starters.

Slimsim
02-16-2012, 03:28 PM
dude u sound like an old school knicks fan

trades trades trades

if anyone has has earned a trade its Toney Douglas

Walker has trade value TD has none

colinskik
So when is JR Smith expected back in the States? Is his Chinese team playoff bound? I can't remember

lvlheaded
^ he got back yesterday

Weezy
02-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Haha I agree, but I guess what i'm getting at is there will be a log-jam at the 2 spot with Fields, Shump, and Smith. Fields can maybe move to the 3 spot at times though. I don't think he should be playing the 3 in all truth. He's just way too small still.

This is where we'll see how good of a coach Mike D is. If he can pick the right mix of guys, this Knick team can be very very dangerous. All on Mike D at this point though.

Good post. It really is up to Mike now.. its a good test for him too. It should be an interesting for the Knicks and us fans :D

Dankster
02-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Well this is probably the end of the road for Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby and Billy Walker. I can't see how anyone would have an issue with this acquisition as Smith is a legitimate deep threat option. Aside from Novak, there is no true 3 point shooters on the roster.

Landry and Imans' jumpers are way too erratic (hopefully will improve with time,) and this should hopefully open up lanes even more now. With all the slashing this team has been doing lately, teams are going to start collapsing the paint even more than they have recently, all the more reason that sharpshooters are needed to knock down shots.

There should be plenty of open corner 3's waiting for JR Smith.

latinofire21
02-16-2012, 03:34 PM

Your right. He was too nice with that statement. Walker has been absolutely atrocious. Cant stand him in the slightest. He has one good game against the Kings who looked like they left their heads in Chicago for the game and hes all of a sudden a good contributor. The guy is inconsistent. HE MAKES TERRIBLE DECISIONS WITH THE BALL. HES A CHARGING MAGNET. When he gets the ball all the movement prior goes to waste because 90 percent of the time he does the wrong thing with the ball.

If I could ship him for a nonexistent third round pick I would do it in a heartbeat.

latinofire21
02-16-2012, 03:44 PM

I will sign that deal in a second!

Punk
02-16-2012, 03:44 PM

That is not true. During the losing streak towards the end of it, Fields averaged 15 points per game and 5 rebounds per game. During the Charlotte game, Fields had 15 points at halftime and Melo had 1 point.

He can play with Melo but he needs to stop standing around in the corner. He tries to be a stand still shooter and he sucks at it. His job is easier with Lin because he is cutting to the basket while Walker is the 3 point shooter.

Fields needs to stop trying to solve the 3 point SG position. On defense, Fields still is terrible at guarding guys like Allen and Morrow. He isn't a Shooting Guard.

colinskik
02-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Your right. He was too nice with that statement. Walker has been absolutely atrocious. Cant stand him in the slightest. He has one good game against the Kings who looked like they left their heads in Chicago for the game and hes all of a sudden a good contributor. The guy is inconsistent. HE MAKES TERRIBLE DECISIONS WITH THE BALL. HES A CHARGING MAGNET. When he gets the ball all the movement prior goes to waste because 90 percent of the time he does the wrong thing with the ball.

If I could ship him for a nonexistent third round pick I would do it in a heartbeat.
You can't deny he's played a lot better recently. He's passing to open guys, even hitting them for easy shots under the hoop. And he grabs some tough rebounds. However, his improvement only catches my attention because of how terrible he's been in the past. Still, I think he gets a bit too much hate from Knicks fans.

GiantsSwaGG
Anybody who says Bill Walker has been playing good, doesn't know anything about basketball!

latinofire21

Kaman isnt a realistic option in my opinion. Hes an expiring contract so whichever team that acquires him is going to have to give the Hornets cap relief or talent. Kamans contract is too large for us to absorb for cap relief and we dont have the players money wise to make a trade make sense for us to acquire him. Hes a solid big though!
Kam

Lakers + Giants
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Lin, Smith, Melo, Amare, Chandler.

not bad, not bad at all. I like that knicks team tbh. Wish em luck.

AKAYaReal
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
I can see why some Knick fans would say they dont want him on the team because he could take mins away from other players.

Im not a huge fan of Smith but I have no problem with having good options off the bench that can produce instead of having a Bibby at this point. Let players earn their mins.

They said we had no bench at the start of the season and now that they are looking to improve the bench, some question it. Players can get cold in a game, get injured at any moment, you need to be able to have players on your bench that are ready to play if their called upon.

latinofire21
02-16-2012, 03:53 PM
You can't deny he's played a lot better recently. He's passing to open guys, even hitting them for easy shots under the hoop. And he grabs some tough rebounds. However, his improvement only catches my attention because of how terrible he's been in the past. Still, I think he gets a bit too much hate from Knicks fans.

In my building I have a movie screen that allows me to watch the Knick games. Its great when you want to really see whats going on around the court. I used to love Billy Walker until I watched what he does. Hes made me hate him on a level so intense I question how he got into the league.

When hes on the offside he stands there. Lin drives and if he misses off side guy needs to slide up to protect the basket. He never does it he crashes the boards instead so the other team gets an easy layup.

When he catches the ball he tries to do a mini melo Iso and I hate it because he cant hold Melos Jock strap. Walker drives to the lane and it doesnt matter whats in front of him he will try to make adjustments to make the score. Sometimes it looks nice 80 percent of the time hes called for a charge. According to him he never fouls so he has this stupid look on his face like your kidding me with that call.

Walker when he hits shots hes fun to watch because of his emotion but the 90 percent of the time when he sucks and still is showing that emotion he looks like a blackhole of mediocrity.

When you need to build a deep bench you cant be rolling the dice every night to see what Walker your going to get. Trade him please!

colinskik
02-16-2012, 03:54 PM
That is not true. During the losing streak towards the end of it, Fields averaged 15 points per game and 5 rebounds per game. During the Charlotte game, Fields had 15 points at halftime and Melo had 1 point.

He can play with Melo but he needs to stop standing around in the corner. He tries to be a stand still shooter and he sucks at it. His job is easier with Lin because he is cutting to the basket while Walker is the 3 point shooter.

Fields needs to stop trying to solve the 3 point SG position. On defense, Fields still is terrible at guarding guys like Allen and Morrow. He isn't a Shooting Guard.
Agreed that he has to stop trying to be that spot up 3 point guy. His long range shot is so ugly. He has success when he drives to the hoop and gets an easy shot.

But as for the stats during the losing streak, you can argue that they're inconsequential if the team's losing. Of late, he's helped the team win.

infernoscurse
02-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Anybody who says Bill Walker has been playing good, doesn't know anything about basketball!

billy walker has played good d, he misses shots but hes a backup, getting rid of him would be the wrong thing, if anyone has to go is mike bibby or douglas

fingerbang
02-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Everyone's worried about how the Knicks will play with Melo because he has to have the ball in his hand. Then they add JR Smith...

colinskik
02-16-2012, 03:58 PM
In my building I have a movie screen that allows me to watch the Knick games. Its great when you want to really see whats going on around the court. I used to love Billy Walker until I watched what he does. Hes made me hate him on a level so intense I question how he got into the league.

When hes on the offside he stands there. Lin drives and if he misses off side guy needs to slide up to protect the basket. He never does it he crashes the boards instead so the other team gets an easy layup.

When he catches the ball he tries to do a mini melo Iso and I hate it because he cant hold Melos Jock strap. Walker drives to the lane and it doesnt matter whats in front of him he will try to make adjustments to make the score. Sometimes it looks nice 80 percent of the time hes called for a charge. According to him he never fouls so he has this stupid look on his face like your kidding me with that call.

Walker when he hits shots hes fun to watch because of his emotion but the 90 percent of the time when he sucks and still is showing that emotion he looks like a blackhole of mediocrity.

When you need to build a deep bench you cant be rolling the dice every night to see what Walker your going to get. Trade him please!
All valid points. I think I took what he did last night and applied it to a longer stretch of time, which was certainly wrong. (I finally checked his stats.) BUT last night he did play alright, give me that at least.

Punk
02-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Charles Barkley on ESPN radio praising the Knicks, Jeremy Lin and adding JR. Calling them a 3rd best team in the East behind Chicago and Miami.

Is this real life?

Da Knicks
02-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I love it, if you have a chance to get a Jr Smith you do it and figure out the rest later. I like him off the bench with Shumpert starting for defensive reasons and him and Fields spelling shump and melo. Melo will still see some time at pf when we go small and have Stat or chandler at center. Baron will get minutes but for the time being Shumpert will spell lin at pg some more. Man this is exciting this season is starting to be a great one if you are a knick fan!!!

Teeboy1487
02-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Great pickup by the Knicks if true . With the emergence of Lin, they are looking like legit contenders in the East. The question is, will they mesh? I think so. If the Knicks can find a way to get one more backup big, they will be set. That's the one missing piece.

Fnom11
02-16-2012, 04:05 PM
They honestly shouldn't pursue JR. I think it'll hurt Shumpert in the long run. Shump has some serious potential and you don't want him to get less playing time.

oak2455
02-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Charles Barkley on ESPN radio praising the Knicks, Jeremy Lin and adding JR. Calling them a 3rd best team in the East behind Chicago and Miami.

Is this real life?

Terrrrrrriable

oak2455
02-16-2012, 04:06 PM
They honestly shouldn't pursue JR. I think it'll hurt Shumpert in the long run. Shump has some serious potential and you don't want him to get less playing time.

That makes sense:rolleyes:

funkybudda
02-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Is this real life?

no ****ing way, Charles Barkley saying something good about Knicks? Wow, unbelievable.

Fnom11
02-16-2012, 04:12 PM
That makes sense:rolleyes:

How does it not make sense? They play the same position. Shumpert has some great potential and if JR gets his minutes he may not flourish like most people believe he can. Plenty of players career's were ruined or halted this way.

ManningToTyree
02-16-2012, 04:13 PM
As a knick fan I am skeptical to say the least. Doesn't seem like a good fit

WAYNEBO
02-16-2012, 04:16 PM
They'll use Shump like the Spurs used Bruce Bowen... a shut down D specialist. Coach D should use Novakane a la Paxon and Kerr for the Bulls... 1-trick ponies to help take the Team to the promised land!!!!!

Evolution23
02-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Jr Smith of the bench is a potent weapon.

Ill21
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM

Your right. Bill Walker has been awful.

meloman1592
02-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Heat and bulls fans are a little nervous. I know it

fadedmario
02-16-2012, 04:26 PM
JR Smith can score - that's for sure.

mdm692
02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Heat and bulls fans are a little nervous. I know it

this lol

Zefflin
02-16-2012, 04:30 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Slimsim
02-16-2012, 04:31 PM
How does it not make sense? They play the same position. Shumpert has some great potential and if JR gets his minutes he may not flourish like most people believe he can. Plenty of players career's were ruined or halted this way.

Now he has great potential Were was this In the rookie thread

Bob_at_york
02-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I thought he was a better fit with the Clips but I can understand why he would go to the Knicks. I wonder if the Knicks are thinking of making a trade with the amount of guards they have on their team.

Missing56&33
02-16-2012, 04:56 PM
JR Smith is a nice addition to the Knicks, he can shoot, drive and finish. Very underrated defender as well. I don't see any egos on this team, they're having fun and gaining chemistry with each game.

Get Baron healthy..........I really like our chances in the playoffs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
It's weird because if you look at JR's twitter, along with the Knicks, he still has the Lakers and the Clippers up on his bio.

yanksbucs
02-16-2012, 05:02 PM
It's weird because if you look at JR's twitter, along with the Knicks, he still has the Lakers and the Clippers up on his bio.

he did that awhile ago, like 2 days ago or something

Gibby23
02-16-2012, 05:03 PM

Because the first thing on his mind right now is to change his twitter bio.

meloman1592
02-16-2012, 05:06 PM

Oh nowwwwww he has potential?

brodgitt82
02-16-2012, 05:09 PM
So you want Fields to go from the starting SG to 3rd string? Doesn't make any sense.

There are simply not enough mins to go around with Smith on this team, who demands at least 25-30 per.

I'd rather take Shump's hounding D and Fields' intangibles than Smith's instant offense. I can't believe people are advocating more offense even though we now have Lin who can create his own shot and of course Melo who's going to hog his fair share of shots. We DO NOT need another guy who stifles the ball movement and unselfish play that's been dominating of late. Let Novak get more time, he shoots the lights out.

You misunderstood my post,and yes we do need J.r Smith. Smith allows the Knicks to use various lineups. I was jus predicting the depth chart based on players natural positions,it didnt mean Fields go from starting sg to 3rd string. If you notice i had Fields behind Melo at the 3(his natural position) and coming in behind Shump and Smith at the 2. Fields still get his minutes. There will be times where you see Shump and Fields or Fields and Smith on the court at the same time or either of them in with the 1st unit based on what the other team lineup is. If you noticed when Shump get into foul trouble,D'Antoni usually has no choice but to put Bibby on the court,that will no longer happen with addition of J.r Smith. My point was signing Smith would give the Knicks a crazy rotation and flexibility and hopefuly D'Antoni is use it to strength of the team.

LINsation
02-16-2012, 05:09 PM
It's weird because if you look at JR's twitter, along with the Knicks, he still has the Lakers and the Clippers up on his bio.. That was a couple of days ago. If u double check he changed it yesterday.

oak2455
02-16-2012, 05:10 PM

He's a rookie and a guy like JR can only help Shump and the Knicks....the Knicks are just getting stronger n stronger!!!!!!

Gibby23
02-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Now D'Antoni has a team that fits his system. For spurts I bet he puts a Lin-up of Lin, Smith, Fields. Melo, and Amare. This team is going to start scoring in bunches.

nycsports2
02-16-2012, 05:14 PM
i think it would be great to add his scoring and big shot potential off the bench if we dont get him thats fine if we do great come aboard

nycsports2
02-16-2012, 05:14 PM
i did see him at bal harbour and told him come too the knicks though... maybe i got in his head!!! lol

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Now D'Antoni has a team that fits his system. For spurts I bet he puts a Lin-up of Lin, Smith, Fields. Melo, and Amare. This team is going to start scoring in bunches.

:drool:

That's D'antoni small-ball at it's finest.

NYsFinest
02-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh nowwwwww he has potential?

If he gets traded for Dwight Howard tomorrow, Knicks will be considered stupid in this forum for giving up such a young star.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Alan Hahn @alanhahn Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Balkman would seem a likely candidate, tho have to eat final year left on his deal. Bibby, of course, is another option.

Alan Hahn @alanhahn Reply Retweet Favorite Open
JR Smith deal not yet completed, but seems imminent. #Knicks still need to open a roster spot to fit him. Curious to see that result.

knicks=love
02-16-2012, 05:27 PM
i think bibby is the unlucky one here. with balkman gone, we'd still have to eat up next year's contract and bibby is only a 1 year deal. cut bibby in a heart beat cause he'll never get playing time if baron comes back.

nycsports2
02-16-2012, 05:27 PM
If he gets traded for Dwight Howard tomorrow, Knicks will be considered stupid in this forum for giving up such a young star.

and dwight will be MAYBE a top 3 center and highly overrated and whiny :D

VillaMaravilla
02-16-2012, 05:30 PM
the only people in here against us picking up JR are Heat and Bulls fans lmao.....get ready boys cause the Knicks are coming lol

NYtilIdie
02-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Eh, I like Smith and all, but he's coming off a bad year and he always fades away in the playoffs, plus he's taking minutes away from Shump & Novak (whose playing outta his mind). This could go really well or really bad with Smith.

thapastime7
02-16-2012, 05:34 PM
lin
fields
melo
amare
chandler

second unit
baron(if healthy)
smith
shumpert
novak(out of position but pf wont come up to three point mark ta da open three)
jj

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 05:37 PM
NJ Product JR SMITHHHHHHHH

knicks=love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYfKHrZMxYE

Jesse2272
and dwight will be MAYBE a top 3 center and highly overrated and whiny :D

Top level talent, wont fit D Toni ball, not worth TC n STAT, in respect to the system that's in place, IMHO...Don t fix whats not broke

I would;nt pull the trigger on that trade, probably should stick to my day job :rolleyes:

Cfrey
02-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Who is looking forward to when the KNICKS **** up again and start playing mediocre basketball again...??

Haha its going to be hilarious.. These knicks fans are ridiculous and its a shame because I spent a good part of my childhood growing up about 20 minutes from manhattan and the knicks are a likeable team for me.. however i cant stand these stupid ****s

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 05:39 PM

I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day SHump is still a rookie, and JR might not even be here past this year. So i dont think it hurts SHUMP that much.

hell if JR isn't working NY can just cut him.

meloman1592
02-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Who is looking forward to when the KNICKS **** up again and start playing mediocre basketball again...??

Haha its going to be hilarious.. These knicks fans are ridiculous and its a shame because I spent a good part of my childhood growing up about 20 minutes from manhattan and the knicks are a likeable team for me.. however i cant stand these stupid ****s

Lol and your team is?

Knickerbocker34
02-16-2012, 05:40 PM
am i the only one who sees this ****ing stuff up for us...

first of all our 2 guards have played great- laundry is a typical glue guy and shumpert, although he has an inconsistent jumper, is a beast on defense and needs playing time to grow...

not to mention they have been playing their butt off only to be rewarded by getting bumped down for some punk diva whose going to come in here and fire off three like toney douglas on steroids

unless hes getting very little mins i just dont see this as a good move to make

Jesse2272
02-16-2012, 05:43 PM

Someone didnt have his wheaties this morning:rolleyes:

knicks=love

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/9/6/11/oh-he-mad-27763-1315322164-29.jpg

first of all our 2 guards have played great- laundry is a typical glue guy and shumpert, although he has an inconsistent jumper, is a beast on defense and needs playing time to grow...

not to mention they have been playing their butt off only to be rewarded by getting bumped down for some punk diva whose going to come in here and fire off three like toney douglas on steroids

:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
I like JR Smith and all my other Newark homies like Shaq, will support JR but nobody else on the Knicks. Hopefully JR invited his Newark homies to the games.

TruthFreesYou
02-16-2012, 05:47 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS ONLY ONE BASKETBALL TO SHOOT, AND ONLY 48 MINUTES IN A GAME!!!!!

We don't need this guy! We don't want this guy!

He is going to mess up our chemistry and hurt our young players!

Please don't sign JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

yanksbucs

thanks, we love this reaction

Sinestro
I don't think J.R. is what they need but hey go for it

Daze9900
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM

I don't like it either; a few weeks ago when the Knicks were losing I was all for this when I thought baron was going to be our starting pg along side with smith i wanted Landry off the bench because he was struggling; now that the knicks are playing well and will need to see how our "big three" will mesh with Lin i don't like this move. It's going to take away playing time from someone who needs development whether it be shumpert or fields or Novak. Even when Landry is struggling on offense his rebounding is very valuable to our lineup I dont like this move at all right now.

yanksbucs
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS ONLY ONE BASKETBALL TO SHOOT, AND ONLY 48 MINUTES IN A GAME!!!!!

We don't need this guy! We don't want this guy!

He is going to mess up our chemistry and hurt our young players!

Please don't sign JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

you really think Novak, Walker, and Jeffries will continue to play out of their minds?

not to mention how pathetic we look without Lin running point and Bibby in there...no1 penetrates

Daze9900
02-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Oh and we need to stop listening to Melo and his wants/needs; he wanted a washed up Kenyon Martin here too; next thing you know he gonna start lobbying for trades for his other nuggets team mates. Play the game Melo and let the GM's do their jobs.

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Oh and we need to stop listening to Melo and his wants/needs; he wanted a washed up Kenyon Martin here too; next thing you know he gonna start lobbying for trades for his other nuggets team mates. Play the game Melo and let the GM's do their jobs.

If I was a Knick fan I would be thrilled to have Swish, dont know your deal..he is better than Fields and Shumpert put together.

Jesse2272
02-16-2012, 05:52 PM
JR adds instant depth/offense, pull the trigger, more weapons more problems, good ones, whats the debate

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-16-2012, 05:52 PM

Kenyon has played well in his few games with the Clippers...

NYKnicks4511
02-16-2012, 05:53 PM
You have to find a way to give Shumpert consistent minutes, the dude locks down HARD on D.

Lin - Baron
Fields - Smith - Shumpert
Melo - Shumpert - Novak
Amar'e - Novak - Jeffries
Chandler - Jeffries - Harrelson

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 05:53 PM
you really think Novak, Walker, and Jeffries will continue to play out of their minds?

not to mention how pathetic we look without Lin running point and Bibby in there...no1 penetrates

Thats the thing about having Lin, he's good/confident/smart enough to decide who gets the ball, where and when.

Gibby23
02-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Eh, I like Smith and all, but he's coming off a bad year and he always fades away in the playoffs, plus he's taking minutes away from Shump & Novak (whose playing outta his mind). This could go really well or really bad with Smith.

He is pretty good in the playoffs.

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 05:55 PM
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/9/6/11/oh-he-mad-27763-1315322164-29.jpg

The Morgan Freeman meme gets me everytime.

waveycrockett
02-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I guess he is better than Bill Walker and Bibby but if he is taking away minutes from Fields and Shump its a terrible move.

Captain Moroni
02-16-2012, 05:56 PM

Miami will indeed be tough. Bulls can be beat

nycericanguy
02-16-2012, 05:57 PM

Damn man, us TWC customers are suffering watching crappy online streams, and you're watching games on a movie screen!...lol... :cry:

You need to have a TWC PSD viewing party over there! :D

Slimsim
02-16-2012, 05:57 PM

This post makes you and you fanbase seem childish and bitter

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 05:58 PM

LOL Yeah with Jeremy Lin as your pg against MVP D.rose, Rose will kill Lin

fingerbang
02-16-2012, 05:59 PM

Novak and Walker should continue to hit 3s, Walker should actually get a little bit better. Jeffries should continue to play solid defense.

A lot of fans are concerned that when Melo returns he might hog the ball too much. Well, now they have Melo AND JR.

fingerbang
02-16-2012, 06:00 PM
I could understand the movie if the Knicks really needed another scorer but they just don't.

Slimsim
02-16-2012, 06:01 PM

Rose kills everyone Even deron So your point ?

Slimsim
02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I could understand the movie if the Knicks really needed another scorer but they just don't.

Yes we do Our bench is not reliable and don't let the streak fool you

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Rose kills everyone Even deron So your point ?

That Lin isnt going to win you anything in the playoffs. Its fact, 6 turnovers a game wait untill Miami and CHicago two of the best defenses.

29$JerZ
02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
That Lin isnt going to win you anything in the playoffs. Its fact, 6 turnovers a game wait untill Miami and CHicago two of the best defenses.

That's because it takes an entire team to win
So what you said is pretty pointless

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-16-2012, 06:08 PM

By playoff time, I guarentee his TO's per game, will be cut in half.

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 06:08 PM
That's because it takes an entire team to win
So what you said is pretty pointless

Isn't everything she says pointless?

NYsFinest
02-16-2012, 06:09 PM

Too bad we wont get to play against the Nets and the worst defense in the HISTORY of the NBA in the playoffs :cry:

I guess you don't have any more Mike "no D" Antoni jokes anymore?

Jesse2272
02-16-2012, 06:09 PM

Team game buddy...maybe the pollution in jersey...they cancel each other out...DR wont beat the NYK solo...sorry pm me ill mail you some hair jell and JLin vneck T'S...

What are you going to do when the nets move to brooklyn, I can see you now...do you even cross the river...:facepalm:

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 06:10 PM

If 'Melo plays to his potential, we can beat anybody. You've underacheived your entire career 'Melo. Time to step up to the plate.

AI
02-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Hells yeah, I love me some J.R. :drool:

metsfanssince05
02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
That Lin isnt going to win you anything in the playoffs.Dammit! I thought he could of, but now that you "DoMeFavors" said so it must be true. :cry:. Quick question, did you get beat up everyday in your childhood?

Knickerbocker34
I don't like it either; a few weeks ago when the Knicks were losing I was all for this when I thought baron was going to be our starting pg along side with smith i wanted Landry off the bench because he was struggling; now that the knicks are playing well and will need to see how our "big three" will mesh with Lin i don't like this move. It's going to take away playing time from someone who needs development whether it be shumpert or fields or Novak. Even when Landry is struggling on offense his rebounding is very valuable to our lineup I dont like this move at all right now.

what does jr smith bring to the table OTHER than shooting?

this is why i think its not worth taking shumperts mins or disrupting the chemistry between landry and lin

Kashmir13579
Knicks from 1-5 may have the best starting roster in the NBA at this point. Anyone agree?

Sinestro

Did you say this because you hate the Knicks that much or because you're actually giving the Bulls props?

marj987
But now that they have Jeremy Lin (a proven point guard) this increases how serious the Knicks are, god it's just amazing on how much a good point guard helps a team, I don't like the Knicks but look to see them makes some noise in the upcoming months.

Sinestro
02-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Knicks from 1-5 may have the best starting roster in the NBA at this point. Anyone agree?

They're up there with a healthy Bulls and Thunder

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Ironically D Will has the 2nd most turnovers in the league, first in the east.

Captain Moroni
02-16-2012, 06:13 PM

Lin will not be guarding rose. Shumpert will. Lin will be passing to a bevy of scorers. Kind of like what Chalmers does.

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 06:14 PM
1. Jeremy
2. Landry/J.R
3. Carmelo
4. Amar'e
5. Tyson.

:drool:

marj987
02-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Smith is going to piss D'Antoni off, he will help them but if smith does that chucking **** d'Antoni is gonna bench his ***.

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 06:15 PM
They're up there with a healthy Bulls and Thunder

Nobody would've even thought about this two weeks ago. :laugh2:

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Suddenly our back court and bench aren't looking all that bad. And if my memory serves me, that's exactly what everyone in this forum was saying would be the Knicks downfall this year.

Kashmir13579
Smith is going to piss D'Antoni off, he will help them but if smith does that chucking **** d'Antoni is gonna bench his ***.

I've never seen D'antoni bench anyone for taking bad shots. :shrug:

Seriously, though.

theorb13

so much hate from you bro.. :violin: maybe if you turned it off , your team (nets) would probably have some good fortune :cheers: but the fact that every post from you is about how bad the knicks are according to you is very sad.

fyi: you guys had live 20+ turn overs last night ...but your prob didn't know that since your so focus on hating the knicks..

NYsFinest
If it doesn't work.... cut him or bench him, they are not financially obligated to play him.

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Team game buddy...maybe the pollution in jersey...they cancel each other out...DR wont beat the NYK solo...sorry pm me ill mail you some hair jell and JLin vneck T'S...

What are you going to do when the nets move to brooklyn, I can see you now...do you even cross the river...:facepalm:

Ill be crossing the river dont worry, stay down in Florida where all old people go.

oak2455
02-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Isn't everything she says pointless?

She's back don't feed the troll...Costanza don't those mighty Nets have 8 wins? I believe the Knicks streak will be 8 tomorrow:D

omdigga

you obviously dont watch the knicks much..

Kashmir13579
Ill be crossing the river dont worry, stay down in Florida where all old people go.

Does New Jersey really have a track record of "go[ing] hard"?

money millz
02-16-2012, 06:19 PM
lol at this net fan

Gibby23
02-16-2012, 06:19 PM

That is what D'antoni is all about. Every player is going to have a chance to chuck and put up points not that he has a pass firdt scorting PG and a scoring SG. & seconds or less like it was with the Suns. i also don't buy the fact that people say melo will be a ball stopper, he and Smith played for karl where they had Melo, Billups, Nene, Smith, and Martin putting up double digits in points. I think this will work and it will be a fun team to watch.

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Does New Jersey really have a track record of "go[ing] hard"?

Yes you live like 2 hours away from NYC, so you wouldnt know.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Knicks are looking like a much better team... but in order to beat a Heat or Bulls in 7 game series they will have to shoot incredibly well...

I'm not saying they can't beat either of them... but I just don't see it right now...

Knickerbocker34
im serious what does jr bring to the table OTHER than scoring

Kashmir13579

3 and change with traffic.

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 06:24 PM

Syracuse is not two hours from NYC lol.

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 06:24 PM
She's back don't feed the troll...Costanza don't those mighty Nets have 8 wins? I believe the Knicks streak will be 8 tomorrow:D

Knicks have had the easiest schedule in the NBA and are only .500

nate2usmc
02-16-2012, 06:25 PM

Don't jinx this homie!!

Gibby23

Less double teams for Melo and Amare.

theorb13

let's see how you like it ?

Q: What's the difference between the New Jersey Nets and a dollar bill?
A: You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

NYFan4Life
02-16-2012, 06:26 PM
I like JR....but we have to keep Novak in the rotation. He's proven already to hit some big shots and is our best percentage 3 point shooter by a big margin.

off topic: Can we kill the animated sigs already! They completely slow the boards down. I don't have an i7 cpu over here...

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 06:27 PM
I like JR....but we have to keep Novak in the rotation. He's proven already to hit some big shots and is our best percentage 3 point shooter by a big margin.

off topic: Can we kill the animated sigs already! They completely slow the boards down. I don't have an i7 cpu over here...

I gotta keep mine for a bit longer my dude. Sorry. What web browser do you use? it really can make a difference.

Knickerbocker34
02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
stop feeding the troll i thought we were talking about jr smith?

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-16-2012, 06:30 PM

When you get a guy like JR Smith who is playoff tested (made it to the WCF in 09 w/ Denver), you tell a guy like Steve Novak to simply move over. Regular season shooting percentages don't necessarily translate into playoff shooting percentages where the defenses get stiffer and the game becomes more half-court.

And JR is more versatile than Novak. Novak is a one-dimensional shooter, JR can use his athleticism to break down defenses at times and is also a shooter and good finisher around the basket. JR is a no-brainer over Novak for the now and for the playoffs.

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
3 and change with traffic.

Syracuse to NY is 3 and change? How fast do you drive? :D

Jesse2272
02-16-2012, 06:31 PM

I'm in 80 degree weather thanks, your grandma says hi booby, the ocean is teal, awesome, back to topic focus Do Me, yes grand ma favors I will tell him, worry about D will leaving you wonderful jersey fans, J kidd says hi he has a house here by the way...yeah jersey girls compared to south Florida realy...enjoy your existence sondew...I forgive your ignorance...Lintastic with a side of your man crush JR Smith...

Punk
02-16-2012, 06:31 PM
But now that they have Jeremy Lin (a proven point guard) this increases how serious the Knicks are, god it's just amazing on how much a good point guard helps a team, I don't like the Knicks but look to see them makes some noise in the upcoming months.

Oh look, a fan of another team not being a homer and being honest with themselves. A lost art in PSD.

We also will get Baron, Harrellson back as well.

Knickerbocker34
02-16-2012, 06:32 PM
my biggest fear with adding jr smith is how its going to hurt shumpert or force him to play out of position again....

jr smith cant play D like shump can and in the playoffs i dont see how shumpert isnt guarding the best guard (or even sf) on the other team

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 06:35 PM

So put a asterisk next to it. Still much better than your nets.

king4day
02-16-2012, 06:37 PM

Assuming he's coming off the bench, he would allow the knicks to rest both Amar'e and Melo at the same time as you'd have a legit scorer still on the floor.
He can be a spark like Barbosa used to be for Phoenix and Terry is for Dallas.

It can also make some players on the bench a bit expendable if they want. Douglas probably can be dealt for an equally 'meh' big man or something that would help the Knicks more.

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 06:37 PM
So put a asterisk next to it. Still much better than your nets.

Not really, and respect the veterans like me who have been on here longer than you.

theorb13
02-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by DoMeFavors

Q: Did you hear that New Jersey's basketball team doesn't have a website?
A: They can't string three "Ws" together.

:speechless:

Lakers + Giants
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
originally posted by domefavors
knicks have had the easiest schedule in the nba and are only .500

q: Did you hear that new jersey's basketball team doesn't have a website?
A: They can't string three "ws" together.

:speechless:

lmao

theorb13
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Not really, and respect the veterans like me who have been on here longer than you.

you joined like 2 months before him LMAO
:crazy:

NooB

knicks=love
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM

no one respects you on this site, though.

oh and by the way, thanks for unleashing jeremy lin for us.

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM

I don't even know how to respond to this. :laugh2:

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Syracuse to NY is 3 and change? How fast do you drive? :D

78 the whole way. :)

Jesse2272
02-16-2012, 06:45 PM

Call me...Booby(u grand mama) dont go to BK decepticons will harm you physically n mentally...she cant save you...Dude listen to grandma, Im taking my cell back, I dont need to be involved with you poor decision on your screen name...

Punk
02-16-2012, 06:46 PM
The Nets are playing tonight. Go run along in the Nets forum and stop embarrassing yourself, bro.

Get on Twitter, talk to Shaq about that new NBA team to New Jersey. Leave the ball talk to real fans.

latinofire21
02-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Damn man, us TWC customers are suffering watching crappy online streams, and you're watching games on a movie screen!...lol... :cry:

You need to have a TWC PSD viewing party over there! :D

I have TWC also lol. Thats why I go to the community floor of my building and watch it off the movie screen. Thank god for Fios! Yeah sure come on dude bring some beers and after the game you may catch B Diddy coming home. He lives in the building too!

knicks=love
02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
The Nets are playing tonight. Go run along in the Nets forum and stop embarrassing yourself, bro.

Get on Twitter, talk to Shaq about that new NBA team to New Jersey. Leave the ball talk to real fans.

:hi5:

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 06:48 PM

When I joined this board one of the first things I saw this veteran do was post a PM he received from a mod reprimanding him for trolling the knick forum. One of the funniest things I've seen here.

WAYNEBO
02-16-2012, 06:49 PM
I'll believe this when I see it. I could see CP3 throwing in a free year's worth of bowling balls, and swoop him in the 11th hour.

BTW... knicks=love, that animation of the Admiral is hilarious!

knicks=love
02-16-2012, 06:51 PM
I'll believe this when I see it. I could see CP3 throwing in a free year's worth of bowling balls, and swoop him in the 11th hour.

BTW... knicks=love, that animation of the Admiral is hilarious!

that's not david robinson, but it looks like him actually. it's someone on texas.

Sox72
02-16-2012, 06:57 PM
that's not david robinson, but it looks like him actually. it's someone on texas.

That is definitely David Robinson.

lkingratedr
02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
3 things i have to question with this signing even though i love it cause jr smith adds depth will instantly be one of the top shooters on the team and in a heartbeat can give you 20-30 points

1. who will the knicks cut i can see bibby being the first to be shown the door, maybe smith gets his minutes

2. if we are signing another guard does that mean that baron davis maybe even more injured or farther away from returning that we expected (reminds me of kelenna azi)

3. who will smith be backing up is it fields or melo or will he start eventually and have fields run with the second unit

flatbush knicks
02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
The knicks finally have a team and now should be favorite to come out of the east.

knicks=love
02-16-2012, 07:01 PM
That is definitely David Robinson.

why would he be at a kansas st-texas game? neither of those teams are even ranked..

DoMeFavors
The knicks finally have a team and now should be favorite to come out of the east.

By come out of the east you mean first to leave the playoffs in the east?

WAYNEBO

Wow... the Nets Troll is back at it. You sad little dbag. Your team is a joke, your best player is leaving after this year, and you have nothing better to do than to bag on the Knicks. The jealousy is flattering.... GO KNICKS!!!

Sox72
02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
why would he be at a kansas st-texas game? neither of those teams are even ranked..

He lives in Texas. Also, how could it be a player on Texas? There wouldn't be anyone sitting in front of their players. Anyways.....

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/articles/229781-david-robinson-videobombed

flatbush knicks
02-16-2012, 07:03 PM
lol i was waiting for you how about those nets hater stay off the knicks *************

knicks=love
02-16-2012, 07:03 PM
He lives in Texas. Also, how could it be a player on Texas? There wouldn't be anyone sitting in front of their players. Anyways.....

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/articles/229781-david-robinson-videobombed

ahhhh shiiiit! that makes it even better! :laugh:

meloman1592
02-16-2012, 07:04 PM

Lol because the nets are actually gonna make it right?

knicks=love
02-16-2012, 07:04 PM

while the nets are playing golf right? :facepalm:

stop trolling

Mr Costanza
02-16-2012, 07:05 PM

You sure youre not a knick fan? It's the only team you post about. :confused:

bklynny67
02-16-2012, 07:05 PM

Nets are laughing stock of NBA
DoMeFavors is laughing stock of PSD

At least u guys have something in common.

Lin has led the Knicks to 7 straight wins in the only 7 games he's actually played good minutes in. With one more win tomorrow, he would have led the Knicks to a consecutive winning streak equal to or possibly greater than the Nets total wins this season. LOL :laugh2:

Yet all this guy does is rag on the Knicks!

NYK09
02-16-2012, 07:06 PM
You are not funny and just a terrible judge of the game of basketball

Mr Costanza
Lol because the nets are actually gonna make it right?

Even she isn't delusional enough to believe the nets have a shot at the playoffs.

knicks=love
CousinsEvansDuo > DoMeFavors? that's a toughy..

WAYNEBO
Honestly, I don't know how a real man could ever show his avatar around here after the promises of Melo coming to Newark, and taking down the trophy. Hahahahaha.... that troll has been bitter ever since. Maybe Jay-Z can drop the mic and run some screens for DWill.

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 07:08 PM
People are looking at favors the wrong way. His posts are good for pointing and laughing. Thats it. Point and laugh. Why get mad? You all say nobody takes you seriously, here, yet you all take the time to write out a post. POINT AND LAUGH.

flatbush knicks
02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Seriously we now have the deepest team in the east with a true c we should be favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lkingratedr
02-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Honestly, I don't know how a real man could ever show his avatar around here after the promises of Melo coming to Newark, and taking down the trophy. Hahahahaha.... that troll has been bitter ever since. Maybe Jay-Z can drop the mic and run some screens for DWill.

if jay did that the nets might actually win a couple more games

DoMeFavors
02-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Jayz actually makes good music unlike Spike Lee who cant even put out a decent film.

WAYNEBO
02-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Both the Bulls and Heatles have chemistry and familiarity on their sides... they are still the favorites -- let's not get delusional. We are 3rd, at most tied w/ Chi-town for 2nd with a healthy, contributing BDiddy backing up Lin, and Jorts, Shumpty and Swish coming off the bench.

knicks=love
02-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Jayz actually makes good music unlike Spike Lee who cant even put out a decent film.

why are you saying Jay-Z makes good music unlike Spike Lee? Spike doesn't make music.. your comment is irrelevant.

WAYNEBO
02-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Jay-Z is/was one of the Knicks biggest celeb fans before he bought into your sorry team. What do you have after that?

Kinkotheclown
02-16-2012, 07:15 PM
No!!!
Don't need the headache even it that headache can shoot. Novak is fine by me

Mr Costanza
Seriously we now have the deepest team in the east with a true c we should be favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it. "no back court" "no pg" "bench is empty, no depth"

Now we have a bench, a pg, and a back court.

But they will still find something to bash.

http://blog.just-eat.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/haters-gone-18.jpg

lkingratedr

aye chill i liked crooklyn and do the right thing LOL

WAYNEBO
Clearly, he's a 14yo kid. Or too much GTL to the brain. Yo dog.... go do some reps and buy some gel. Get lost.