PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this years rookie class so far

spreadeagle
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Wondering what peoples thoughts are on this years rookie class, guys like Kanter Kemba Knight D Will....its hard to track some of these guys cause some are on teams that dont get covered much and play limited minutes so stats dont always tell the story, would love some input from fans.

mRc08
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I can tell you that jimmy butler has looked good in limited action on the bulls. Should be in the rotation in the upcoming years for sure if he doesn't get delt

MichaelJordan23
02-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Not very impressed with the class as a whole, seems to be very thin with players that can turn in to all stars, Kyrie has been a pleasent suprise I thought he had a huge bust potential comparing him to previous #1 picks he has been great. I thought Kanter would have more of an impact but he is playing behind Big Al, Milsap and Favors so I suppose that is understandable. Derrick Williams hasn't gotten much playing time, still not too sure if he can turn in to a small forward and Vesley seems to be wildly inconsistent. This was a very poor draft class in potential stars and depth if you ask me so far.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I like what I've seen from Irving. And I absolutely see potential in Kanter.

waveycrockett
02-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Irving is head and shoulders above everybody else. If u want to count Rubio then he is in that class but Brooks leads the 2nd tier.

MichaelJordan23
02-16-2012, 06:06 PM
I like what I've seen from Irving. And I absolutely see potential in Kanter.

I do as well, the Jazz have an oustanding future frontcourt in Favors/Kanter .. that Deron Williams trade turned out to be absolute robbery if they both pan out.

Kashmir13579
02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Underwhelming.

fadedmario
02-16-2012, 06:13 PM
With Monroe and Knight, our future looks much better than it did before the 2011 draft. If we get a good player in the 2012 draft, the Pistons actually aren't sitting too bad. They also still have their amnesty clause (probably for Villanueva). Knight is getting better. He is our everyday starting PG already at age 20.

fresh prince
02-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Overall its been underwhelming but you cant underestimate the impact having no Summer League or training camp is having on these rookies.

They have had to get acclimated to the league on the Fly. Guys to watch out for in the second half are:

Knight
Biyambo
Kemba
Klay tHOMPSON

* Rubio obviously has a leg up on ROY even though I dont truly consider him a rookie.

Cfrey
02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm actually impressed with it. Some of you are saying underwhelming and okay whatever but lets actually take a look and guys like Rubio, Irving, Shumpert, Brooks are all having big impacts on their teams.

I mean there are a lot of other nice pieces like Kemba and Knight as well that could develop into very solid starters..

So for me I think this draft class has definitely proceeded expectations.

earleyra
02-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Not very impressed with the class as a whole, seems to be very thin with players that ca http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=10n turn in to all stars, Kyrie has been a pleasent suprise I thought he had a huge bust potential comparing him to previous #1 picks he has been great. I thought Kanter would have more of an impact but he is playing behind Big Al, Milsap and Favors so I suppose that is understandable. Derrick Williams hasn't gotten much playing time, still not too sure if he can turn in to a small forward and Vesley seems to be wildly inconsistent. This was a very poor draft class in potential stars and depth if you ask me so far.
nd Big Al, Milsap and Favors so I suppose that is understandable. Derrick Williams hasn't gotten much playing time, still not too sure if he can turn in to a small forwa

CityofChaos
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Klay Thompson is a beast...kid sucked at the beginning of the year but bounced back and is a solid NBA player...possibly worthy of starting next season