PDA

View Full Version : Sign petition asking Fox to fire Jason Whitlock

AnotherPerson
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
In response to Jeremy Lin (an Asian American) scoring 38 points in the NY Knicks victory over the LA Lakers, Jason Whitlock tweeted the following comment in regard to Lin, which alludes to the small-Asian-penis stereotype: "Some lucky lady in NYC is going to feel a couple of inches of pain tonight."

Please sign this petition asking Fox to fire Jason Whitlock for his racist comment:

http://www.change.org/petitions/tell-fox-sports-news-fire-jason-whitlock

D1JM
02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Spam

spreadeagle
02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
I thought it was funny....

mRc08
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
unprofessional, yes, but get him fired...nah nah.

I laughed

Tree Rollins
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Seriously? There can't be more more then 2% of the posters on here who can HONESTLY say they haven't made a more offensive joke then that at least once in their lifetime.

Tree Rollins
02-15-2012, 03:56 PM
I actually laughed out loud. That doesn't mean i have a problem with Asian people. I just thought it was a clever joke. I'm so sick of all this PC bs.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-15-2012, 03:56 PM
So, because its a couple of inches its gonna hurt? Can someone clarify that for me? It seems like its the other way around.

RickyRubio
02-15-2012, 03:58 PM
This is absurd .. it was a joke, not even an offensive one IMO, get over it and move on.

nickdymez
02-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Where is the petition to get him to make more jokes? I'll sign that

mRc08
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Where is the petition to get him to make more jokes? I'll sign that

2nd

Mr Costanza
02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I could care less about his joke. What bothers me is how he trashed fuzzy zoeller for his joke about tiger when he won the masters. Hate hypocrites.

JordanPippen
It's not all right for a sports journalists, who has a following of more than 120,000 on twitter, to make comments like that. There's a professional and personal barrier you guys are all over looking. As a professional, he should, in the least, be reprimanded for not holding ethical standards journalist should hold.

The tiger woods lynching comment was inappropriate. The same standards should be applied to Asian Americans.

uprightciti
fire his racist fat ***!!!!

if a white guy was comparing dick size to black and asians he would be fired and have to move out of the country

Havoc Wreaker
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
The posts in this thread tell the story of the avg age of PSD posters :pity:

sep11ie
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm gonna create a Twitter account just to follow him...

And sign a petition to have you permabanned.

funkybudda
02-15-2012, 04:24 PM
The tiger woods lynching comment was inappropriate. The same standards should be applied to Asian Americans.

cant wait if something does happen to Whitlock, then he and Sharpton going to throw out the race card and cried they are being judged by the color of their skin.

SpaceJamJordans
02-15-2012, 04:37 PM
He shouldn't be fired for a joke. BUT he shouldn't make jokes in the first place if Jeremy Lin is humble and he's not even doing anything wrong to anyone. I don't go around telling other people racist jokes UNLESS I personally know them. That's not the case here.

hugepatsfan
02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Why should he be fired for one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen on twitter?

fadedmario
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Whitlock sounds like a cool cat. PC America can suck it.

Shmontaine
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
In response to Jeremy Lin (an Asian American) scoring 38 points in the NY Knicks victory over the LA Lakers, Jason Whitlock tweeted the following comment in regard to Lin, which alludes to the small-Asian-penis stereotype: "Some lucky lady in NYC is going to feel a couple of inches of pain tonight."

Please sign this petition asking Fox to fire Jason Whitlock for his racist comment:

what if whitlock meant Lin was gonna set up this lucky lady with his friend paul george?? this why i don't like twitter, too much left up for interpretation...

bcc
02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
unprofessional, yes, but get him fired...nah nah.

I laughed

Don Imus was being unprofessional and funny too.
How'd that turn out?

Hope you felt the exact same way then.

AntiG
02-15-2012, 04:51 PM
He shouldn't be fired for a joke.
Don Imus was. The difference was that one was about blacks, and one was about an Asian by a black.

gaughan333
02-15-2012, 04:55 PM
If this was a joke about black people you would have everyone up in arms

LongIslandIcedZ
02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
There seems to be a bit of a double standard. If this was said by a white man about black people then there would be big problems and Whitlock would probably be very vocal about it. It doesnt affect me too much, but I can see and completely understand if it upset other people.

Shmontaine
02-15-2012, 05:07 PM
if your mom was a man, she'd be your dad...

utl768
02-15-2012, 05:08 PM
ppl have nothing better to do then try to get a guy fired

losers

Rad_Racing
02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Chief Wiggum: Why don't you lay off the Asians, Lou.

fadedmario
02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
People are so soft nowadays - fire someone over a dick joke??? lol

megrimlock11
02-15-2012, 05:34 PM
The cool thing lately is too be a sensitive lil ****** that looks for anything to complain about. Stop being so sensitive, it was a funny joke about the flavor of the week. A month ago it was tebow and Jesus, now it's Lin, in a month someone else... Lighten up and have a sense of humor, and if u were offend by the joke, maybe u have a 2 inch painless stick as well...

Rentzias
02-15-2012, 05:35 PM
People are so soft nowadays - fire someone over a dick joke??? lol
Think it's more than a dick joke. Even Whitlock admitted he was wrong and that he didn't know wtf he was talking about, as usual since he left The Star.

fadedmario
02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
The cool thing lately is too be a sensitive lil ****** that looks for anything to complain about. Stop being so sensitive, it was a funny joke about the flavor of the week. A month ago it was tebow and Jesus, now it's Lin, in a month someone else... Lighten up and have a sense of humor, and if u were offend by the joke, maybe u have a 2 inch painless stick as well...

That's what I'm saying.

Ebbs
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
This guy really ****ed up lol.

Rentzias
02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
If you've never been the one guy in a room full of people and have someone make the "small Asian dick" joke and everyone knows it only applies to you, then maybe it's not so "sensitive" to you. Just like if you're the one black guy in the room and someone makes the (insert "sensitive" comment here) joke. Etc.

My guess is the majority people saying the world is too PC haven't felt that alienation either.

fadedmario
02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
If you've never been the one guy in a room full of people and have someone make the "small Asian dick" joke and everyone knows it only applies to you, then maybe it's not so "sensitive" to you. Just like if you're the one black guy in the room and someone makes the (insert "sensitive" comment here) joke. Etc.

My guess is the majority people saying the world is too PC haven't felt that alienation either.

Every race has stereotypes - cry me a river..

MiamiBoy77
02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
that was funny as hell

LongIslandIcedZ
02-15-2012, 05:50 PM

Exactly. And if you expose an African American stereotype than Jason Whitlock is the one crying about. It's a double standard.

homestarunner93
02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Please. Whitlock is garbage. I hope someone gets him fired somehow, he doesn't even deserve a job in journalism.

Da Knicks
02-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I thought it was funny but he is supposed to be a pro!

The Ooh Child
02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
I think Lin should just tell Whitlock on Twitter that he loves watermelon and that he was probably an Affirmative Action hire, and then everything will be even.

GiantsSwaGG
02-15-2012, 06:11 PM
He's a racist like Rush. Fire him!

DaBear
02-15-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't know who is more stupid: Whitlock, or the people defending his actions? Look, it's one thing to make comments like this with your friends or whomever in private. It's another thing to publicly make comments like this for EVERYONE (including Jeremy Lin) to see. Whitlock made his intentions obvious by making a comment like that. He is a racist fool who deserves to be fired. It doesn't matter if he tweeted it. If I tweeted something like that and everyone at work found out, I would definitely be fired. Very unprofessional coming from a guy who is supposed to be a well respected writer. Actually, I think his articles suck, but that's besides the point.

DaBear
02-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I think Lin should just tell Whitlock on Twitter that he loves watermelon and that he was probably an Affirmative Action hire, and then everything will be even.

Actually, it would make Lin look dumb for lowering himself to his level.

DaBear
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
And was it really that funny? To me it was so original I just looked at it for 10 seconds thinking "wtf?"

DLCK
02-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Its funny when stuff like this comes out. Then you can point out all the closet racists in this forum.

DLCK
02-15-2012, 06:20 PM
And to add. I thought it was funny. No need to over react.

Klivlend
02-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Seriously? There can't be more more then 2% of the posters on here who can HONESTLY say they haven't made a more offensive joke then that at least once in their lifetime.

Dude, it's not about if or how offensive the commment was. It's about the visability the comment had and its questionable nature.

Mr Costanza
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
When it's a black joke it's racist according to Whitlock.

"Fuzzy Zoeller's fried chicken n' greens crack at the Masters = racist" - Whitlock

"Don Imus' "nappy headed hoes" comment = sexist, ignorant and racist" -Whitlock

Responding to tiger and the lynching comment:

JASON WHITLOCK (ESPN): "Do I think Tilghman is some bigot extremist? No. I think she's incredibly stupid and perhaps unqualified for her job. She's in good mixed company in that category."

nllumberco
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
The other day I though I had a "couple" of bucks in my wallet, then I counted it, turns out it was 18. That lucky lady could do worse.

theheatles
02-15-2012, 06:26 PM
I want whitlock to stfu and be gone from the sports universe as much as the next guy but this isn't what will do him in

BK-TY
02-15-2012, 06:26 PM
I think Jason Whitlock is one of the biggest D!@%S (rhymes with Knicks) in sports journalism but firing him for his tweet is ridiculous.

spreadeagle
02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't know who is more stupid: Whitlock, or the people defending his actions? Look, it's one thing to make comments like this with your friends or whomever in private. It's another thing to publicly make comments like this for EVERYONE (including Jeremy Lin) to see. Whitlock made his intentions obvious by making a comment like that. He is a racist fool who deserves to be fired. It doesn't matter if he tweeted it. If I tweeted something like that and everyone at work found out, I would definitely be fired. Very unprofessional coming from a guy who is supposed to be a well respected writer. Actually, I think his articles suck, but that's besides the point.

Calm down it was a frikin dick joke mang 8======D average 8===D Lin

Rentzias
02-15-2012, 06:31 PM
And to add. I thought it was funny. No need to over react.
I agree, but there has to be A reaction, not nothing. Fine him and have it go to a charity, or make him cover a beat for half a year. Guy doesn't have to lose his job, but he needs to understand the responsibilities of his visibility.

I'll guess you've never been a victim of those stereotypes. Ever had to think about how a potential employer might deal with your application because of the stereotypes your name might imply? Or had to "drive more carefully" when a cop is around, but with a different fear than just getting pulled over? I don't need to cry you a river, bro. That river is already flowing and continues to flow because people like you trivialize racism.

BallIsAll
02-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Ban this guy why isn't this thread closed yet

DaBear
02-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Calm down it was a frikin dick joke mang 8======D average 8===D Lin

It doesn't matter if it was a ****ing joke. Imus could have said the same, but that didn't save him. Get real dude.

LAKobeBryant
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
someone should make a petition to get Lin in the rookie sophomore draft but maybe its too late tomorrow the draft :(

daleja424
02-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Sme of you really need to learn the difference between a stereotypical joke and RACISM.

I see some of you comparing this incident to one in which someone referenced slavery and whippings and whatnot. Extremely different scenarios.

When we make a joke there is always an inherent truth in it. If you joke about an Asian guy having a small penis... You probably believe the average Asian has a small penis. If you joke about being superior to another race... You probably (at least in a passing way) have thought about that.

There in lies the difference. There is nothing offensive or racist about thinking one race is anatomically different than another. It is offensive and racist when one race thinks they are some how a superior breed bc of these and other differences

In no way are these comments racist.

Further more, America did not spend 300 yeArs shrinking Asian penis size... So comparing this scenario to slavery comments is at best irresponsible.

daleja424
02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
It doesn't matter if it was a ****ing joke. Imus could have said the same, but that didn't save him. Get real dude.

Wrong.

There is hatred behind the words "nappy headed hoes"

He could claim he was joking, but it is clear that there is malicious intent and actual racism behind those words.

There was NO HATRED behind whitlocks words.

The Ooh Child
02-15-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/targetmap-penis-size-world-map.jpg

fadedmario
02-15-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree, but there has to be A reaction, not nothing. Fine him and have it go to a charity, or make him cover a beat for half a year. Guy doesn't have to lose his job, but he needs to understand the responsibilities of his visibility.

I'll guess you've never been a victim of those stereotypes. Ever had to think about how a potential employer might deal with your application because of the stereotypes your name might imply? Or had to "drive more carefully" when a cop is around, but with a different fear than just getting pulled over? I don't need to cry you a river, bro. That river is already flowing and continues to flow because people like you trivialize racism.

I'm Italian and could care-less about race. People that consider themselves "Victims" are the real problem. Were all a mixed-bag - some people just learn how to brush the dirt off their shoulders and stand up for themselves better than others.

My mom is married to a Korean guy and I've had to deal with some racist people around him before - but I know it doesn't bother him either. People are going to be people. Get over it.

DaBear
02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Wrong.

There is hatred behind the words "nappy headed hoes"

He could claim he was joking, but it is clear that there is malicious intent and actual racism behind those words.

There was NO HATRED behind whitlocks words.

lol so if someone made a joke about Whitlock eating too much fried chicken, you don't think he would get upset?

And I highly doubt Whitlock is just coming out with a joke out of no where. I wonder what types of steroetypical jokes he's made about a black athlete who was succeeding. Probably none. There was no need for a dumb joke like that.

Stereotypical jokes are a light racism, but it's still racism.

Mr Costanza
02-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Sme of you really need to learn the difference between a stereotypical joke and RACISM.

I see some of you comparing this incident to one in which someone referenced slavery and whippings and whatnot. Extremely different scenarios.

When we make a joke there is always an inherent truth in it. If you joke about an Asian guy having a small penis... You probably believe the average Asian has a small penis. If you joke about being superior to another race... You probably (at least in a passing way) have thought about that.

There in lies the difference. There is nothing offensive or racist about thinking one race is anatomically different than another. It is offensive and racist when one race thinks they are some how a superior breed bc of these and other differences

Further more, America did not spend 300 yeArs shrinking Asian penis size... So comparing this scenario to slavery comments is at best irresponsible.

Is assuming black people like friend chicken racist or stereotypical? According to Whitlock it's racist and zoellers career should be over.

daleja424
02-15-2012, 07:02 PM
lol so if someone made a joke about Whitlock eating too much fried chicken, you don't think he would get upset?

And I highly doubt Whitlock is just coming out with a joke out of no where. I wonder what types of steroetypical jokes he's made about a black athlete who was succeeding. Probably none. There was no need for a dumb joke like that.

Depends on context, but more than likely... No... He wouldn't. And if he did he would be guilty of the same overreaction people are having here.

Ppl joke all the time about watermelon and fried chicken for black people, Jews being cheap, Asians being smart and or having a small penis, etc etc etc.

These things in and of themselves are simply observations that have been generalized into stereotypes... They are not inherently RACIST.

daleja424
02-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Is assuming black people like friend chicken racist or stereotypical? According to Whitlock it's racist and zoellers career should be over.

Then Whitlock is guilty of the same overreaction that many of you are having right now.

Racism implies superiority and hierarchy. In the absence of that sentiment.... It is a total stretch to say that all stereotypical comments are racist. We rely heavily on stereotypes everyday. Everything you do is based on a stereotype. EVERYTHING. That is the way the human brain works. It lumps facts together and creates generalizations.

Heediot
02-15-2012, 07:07 PM
The only signature that should matter = Jeremy Lin.

Avenged
02-15-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't really care about this but for me I guess I would have a problem with it if he said this in an article or whatever.. But on Twitter, nah. It's just a social network so people can post whatever the hell they want and let the world know their whereabouts 24/7. Add to it that it was a joke.. I mean I can understand why some people are offended though but to go as far as to sign petitions for him to lose his job? That's a bit overboard imo.

DaBear
02-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Depends on context, but more than likely... No... He wouldn't. And if he did he would be guilty of the same overreaction people are having here.

Ppl joke all the time about watermelon and fried chicken for black people, Jews being cheap, Asians being smart and or having a small penis, etc etc etc.

These things in and of themselves are simply observations that have been generalized into stereotypes... They are not inherently RACIST.

Yes, when they are said privately (with their friends). But to publicly announce it, and especially coming from a well known writer, is uncalled for and completely unnecessary. There is no doubt he hurt a few people with that comment, and he shouldn't get away with it. There just comes a time when people need to keep **** to themselves. He let his mouth get the best of him.

DaBear
02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Then Whitlock is guilty of the same overreaction that many of you are having right now.

Racism implies superiority and hierarchy. In the absence of that sentiment.... It is a total stretch to say that all stereotypical comments are racist. We rely heavily on stereotypes everyday. Everything you do is based on a stereotype. EVERYTHING. That is the way the human brain works. It lumps facts together and creates generalizations.

Again, that does not mean he should publicly say it. I'm sure people we're already aware of that stereotype, but I don't buy that he was just doing it for laughs and giggles. And to me, saying someone has a small dick when you don't know them, sounds more like he's jealous an Asian man is getting media hype more than anything.

BKLYNpigeon
02-15-2012, 07:22 PM
he didnt say anything raciest, just a stereotype. Its like saying black people only smokes Newports.

Im asian, I thought it was kinda funny. STFU and move on.

DaBear
02-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Not to mention it's a negative stereotype. I've heard other Asian stereotypes (which I'm sure you've heard of) that don't have a negative meaning. This one surely does.

Mr Costanza
02-15-2012, 07:24 PM
If he was calling out for fuzzy to not play golf again then he should not write again using his own logic.

I personally don't care what said, just hate the hypocrisy.

oak2455
02-15-2012, 07:28 PM
If he was calling out for fuzzy to not play golf again then he should not write again using his own logic.

bingo
:clap::clap::clap:

mavwar53
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Get a life, worry about stupid **** like this, who gives a F

junion
02-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Jason Whitlock should be LINched for his hypocracy and for failing to abide by journalism ethics.

gotoHcarolina52
02-15-2012, 07:38 PM

:clap:

ManningToTyree
02-15-2012, 07:43 PM
It was very unprofessional but idk that he should be canned over it. Maybe a suspension without pay for like a week

DaBear
02-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Bottom line: If Whitlock was white, he would be fired. Even the people who don't think his comment was serious know this.

daleja424
02-15-2012, 07:47 PM

The tone and sentiment behind zoeller's comments referring to tiger woods came across malicious. Fuzzy was not making a joke about a stereotype... There were clear racist undertones there if you read the comments. At least that is how I read them. And you have to understand that when hundreds of years of slavery and discrimination are involved in a discussion... People get a little more sensitive. That is perfectly fair.

Yankees22
02-15-2012, 07:48 PM

You're kidding me right? Learn how to take a joke. In poor taste? perhaps but get the dude fired? It's a travesty that people would actually take it that far

DaBear
02-15-2012, 07:50 PM
The tone and sentiment behind zoeller's comments referring to tiger woods came across malicious. Fuzzy was not making a joke about a stereotype... There were clear racist undertones there if you read the comments. At least that is how I read them. And you have to understand that when hundreds of heard of slavery and discrimination are involved in a discussion... People get a little more sensitive. That is perfectly fair.

Lol dude if you don't think a black stereotypical joke (and no, I'm not talking about slavery or anything like that. I mean the typical fried chicken, watermelon, etc. jokes) would get enough hype to have someone fired from their position, you're being naive.

daleja424
02-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Bottom line: If Whitlock was white, he would be fired. Even the people who don't think his comment was serious know this.

I disagree. I don't think anyone's life should be decided by one twitter joke.

People are trying to start a fire where there isn't one.

Mr Costanza
02-15-2012, 07:53 PM
The tone and sentiment behind zoeller's comments referring to tiger woods came across malicious. Fuzzy was not making a joke about a stereotype... There were clear racist undertones there if you read the comments. At least that is how I read them. And you have to understand that when hundreds of years of slavery and discrimination are involved in a discussion... People get a little more sensitive. That is perfectly fair.

He said they were having friend chicken at the masters next year. Black people liking friend chicken is a stereotype same as Asians having small penises.

Zoeller was a clown who always made jokes like that.

daleja424
Lol dude if you don't think a black stereotypical joke (and no, I'm not talking about slavery or anything like that. I mean the typical fried chicken, watermelon, etc. jokes) would get enough hype to have someone fired from their position, you're being naive.

Should it? Honestly? Bc I'm pretty damn sure that 99.9999% of America has at one time or another said something stereotypical about one person or another. Should all of those people lose their jobs too?

NY007
The guy made a mistake and he was wrong but I refuse to call for a man's job.

Mr Costanza
02-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I disagree. I don't think anyone's life should be decided by one twitter joke.

People are trying to start a fire where there isn't one.

That I exactly what happened to zoeller! And Whitlock was outspoken about it.

Raph12
02-15-2012, 07:55 PM
What a stupid petition...

LA_Raiders
02-15-2012, 10:00 PM
he apologized, let it go...

urlachermess
02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
They should change it to sign a petition to get Joe Buck fired from FOX then I'd sign that

NY007
02-15-2012, 10:49 PM
They should change it to sign a petition to get Joe Buck fired from FOX then I'd sign that

Agreed lol

Fnom11
02-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Why'd my comment get deleted? All I said is people are blowing this out of proportion.

SeoulBeatz
02-15-2012, 11:09 PM
I could care less about his joke. What bothers me is how he trashed fuzzy zoeller for his joke about tiger when he won the masters. Hate hypocrites.

Double edged sword.

Bomani Jones on First Take yesterday was saying Floyd Mayweather's comment about Lin wasn't offensive (and I agree, I'm asian and jokes are JOKES.)

But if a white reporter said Tiger Woods was only famous because he was black, i guarantee you he would flip a **** and call racism on all fronts.

People stand behind their colors, it's nothing new. One of the greatest things that most people lack is an honest perspective.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-15-2012, 11:19 PM
It wasn't that bad...

But Whitlock needs to be fired because he's just terrible at his job though.

kozelkid
02-15-2012, 11:23 PM
The only reasoned I'd agree with this is because if it was the other way around (Asian making of black person), that "analyst" would be gone SO fast, your head would be whirling.

For the record, I think Whitlock is an idiot and wasn't funny. But the sensitivity of people these days is ridiculous.

Teeboy1487
02-15-2012, 11:27 PM
His comments were not only stereotypical, but they were inappropriate. He should be fired for his behavior alone, let alone his blatant racist comments.

MickeyMgl
02-15-2012, 11:38 PM
I find Whitlock's remark unnecessarily vulgar for someone in his position. However, I don't feel it's necessary for everybody who says something stupid to be fired. People jump to this reaction much too often. Call them out, demand an apology, ridicule them, etc. But they don't all have to lose their jobs.

theducksmuggler
02-15-2012, 11:42 PM
no thanks

CityofChaos
02-15-2012, 11:43 PM
I wonder if that fatass can even find his own penis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZxWEvqxes

funkybudda
02-15-2012, 11:47 PM
It wasn't that bad...

It wasnt that bad? Unless your background is Asian or close friends with some Asian-American, you really have no right to be the judge of that.

CostanzaNumba0
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
smh we've become a nation of pc *****es, who cares

Gibby
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I signed it not because i am overly sensitive but i hate this ****ing double standard in society. Everyone should be treated equally.

DasBoot
02-15-2012, 11:56 PM
The thing is, it was a fantastic one liner. If Jon Stewart, Rob Delaney or Tosh said that then no one would have said anything. Don't fire the man because he made a funny joke. I bet you if Lin heard about it, he himself laughed. Everyone needs to stop being so touchy.

RLundi
02-16-2012, 12:03 AM
I would love tosee Whitlock fired, but not for this.

Double standard, yada yada yada, please shut up. If things like that bother you, you really shouldn't be on the Internet. It sucks, but that's the truth.

I wanna see Whitlock fired for his crappy journalism and the egg rolls that are developing in his neck.

Shortys4711
02-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Just checked the petition and so far 71 people have over reacted. What a joke you people are who signed this thing. It was a joke get over it. Far out it was his twitter account, dont like it dont follow it. Go do something important and stop wasting people times with this crap.

gotoHcarolina52
02-16-2012, 12:10 AM
The only reasoned I'd agree with this is because if it was the other way around (Asian making of black person), that "analyst" would be gone SO fast, your head would be whirling.

For the record, I think Whitlock is an idiot and wasn't funny. But the sensitivity of people these days is ridiculous.

I would typically agree with all of this, but you're a Bulls fan, so I can't.

Your post is a giant load of boloney.

justjames
02-16-2012, 12:26 AM
For anyone who thinks his statement isn't anything to get worked up again, does that mean its okay if everyone dusted off the old racist jokes about black people and just threw them around with no regard?

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Welcome to the Pussifcation of America...

For the record, I think he is a ****** journalist... but in no way should he fired over this... he used no derogatory words and it is simply assumed that he is implying that all Asians have tiny wangs... maybe he just thinks Lin has a tiny wang? It may be borderline racist for everyone to jump to the conclusion that he meant the entire Asian race...

Teeboy1487
02-16-2012, 12:31 AM
No overreaction imo. I found nothing funny about that joke. Also, does professionalism count at all? He should be fired.

Shortys4711
02-16-2012, 12:31 AM
For anyone who thinks his statement isn't anything to get worked up again, does that mean its okay if everyone dusted off the old racist jokes about black people and just threw them around with no regard?

People have become way to sensitive, its just crazy. Its a joke. I could not care less if people made jokes about white people. There is a reason its called a joke. Secondly do you really think that just by signing some stupid petition that it will stop people making jokes. No matter what there will always be jokes about racial sterotypes.

DaBear
02-16-2012, 12:33 AM
I signed it not because i am overly sensitive but i hate this ****ing double standard in society. Everyone should be treated equally.

this

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Funny thing is, 3 weeks ago nobody would of gave two ***** about this joke...

justjames
02-16-2012, 12:36 AM
People have become way to sensitive, its just crazy. Its a joke. I could not care less if people made jokes about white people. There is a reason its called a joke. Secondly do you really think that just by signing some stupid petition that it will stop people making jokes. No matter what there will always be jokes about racial sterotypes.

Why would white people care about jokes made about them? They're white. They're not minorities. They weren't persecuted. They weren't made into caricatures by another ethnicity in all of history.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Irish for 500, Alex...

Get a clue before you type that garbage...

justjames
02-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Irish for 500, Alex...

Get a clue before you type that garbage...

Done by other white people

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 12:41 AM
And your point is? Its only bad if its a different race? Irish were treated horribly in this country... but it was other white people doing it so its okay... classic...

Gritz
02-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Professional or not. Let someone threathen your job security because something unprofessional you done on the job, then who am I going to ask to give me extra cheese when I go to McDonalds?

keithy19
02-16-2012, 12:44 AM
He should not be fired. He made a joke. People need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

lakerboy
02-16-2012, 12:47 AM

Have you even read his responses to jokes about black people? He gets upset. If I say on public television that black people have small brains, I would get fired in an hour.

DaBear
02-16-2012, 12:48 AM
The people who are saying it's just a joke probably get insulted all the time and laugh thinking it's just a joke. smh..

Shortys4711
02-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Why would white people care about jokes made about them? They're white. They're not minorities. They weren't persecuted. They weren't made into caricatures by another ethnicity in all of history.

This post just shows how wrong you are. There has been many jokes made about all racis, by all racis. And there will be some white people that do get offened by racis jokes made about them. My point is its going to happen no matter how many partitions you go and sign. Its just the way life is.

And it doesnt always mean that people are racist, Its called a joke for a reason. People are becoming way to soft and its crap. Also just because in the past some white people (just like other racis) have done certain things that was not right, doesnt mean that they are all like that, and should not be held responicble for someone else's mistakes.

lakerboy
02-16-2012, 12:50 AM

Are you freaking kidding me? White people are probably the least racist among all colors in the US. It aint even close. Black people come first, asians next. --Filipino man

James Dolan
02-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Have you even read his responses to jokes about black people? He gets upset.

except that whitlock has a history of joking on black people himself.

DaBear
02-16-2012, 12:52 AM
except that whitlock has a history of joking on black people himself.

lol who cares? Let a non-black guy make black jokes to him and see how he handles it.

da ThRONe
02-16-2012, 12:53 AM
As a black American that strongly agrees that people are to sensitive about race issues I have to say Whitlock was out of line. His action like many have pointed out was very hypocritical. I not a fan of people losing their jobs (felt the same in the Imus situation), but I wouldn't care if he was fired. He's a public figure and we live in an over sensitive society. One he was apart of when his race was the one being made fun of.

justjames
02-16-2012, 12:56 AM
White people don't care about jokes because at the end of the day, they will have white people perks or white privilege.

James Dolan
02-16-2012, 12:59 AM
lol who cares?

So you agree that 99% of the posts in this thread are pointless .
Whitlock has a history of being an equal opportunity idiot
towards many "races". Speculation about what would happen if
someone made a joke about a black person makes little sense
in this instance. This isn't just a random writer, this is
Jason Whitlock, guy.

Shortys4711
02-16-2012, 01:00 AM
White people don't care about jokes because at the end of the day, they will have white people perks or white privilege.

Wow now who is being racist. Nice man

James Dolan
02-16-2012, 01:01 AM

How are those Aborigines doing, mate?

Shortys4711
02-16-2012, 01:03 AM
How are those Aborigines doing, mate?

Lol pretty good mate. cheers

justjames
02-16-2012, 01:07 AM

I'm from the USA. No one here is going to deny that white people generally have the edge over other people when it comes to the game of life.

With all things being equal except race, a white person is more likely to get a job than a black person.

A white person driving around in a rich neighborhood in the middle of the night would not get pulled over by a cop as much as a black person.

A white person doesn't know that he/she has white privilege because that is just how life has always been for them. A fish doesn't know its wet because it spends its entire life underwater.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Loving those white people perks... ****, I gotta get to bed so I can work 10 hours then find my way to class for another 3 hours then pick my daughter up from the baby sitter, then wake up and do it all again tomorrow...

Being white rocks!

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 01:12 AM
And a white person driving around in a nice car in a crap neighborhood would get pulled over too... why? Because its assumed he is buying drugs...

And you wanna talk about perks? How bout them Colleges for black people only? What the **** is BET?

I personally can care less about either of those, but really? Thats fair how?

Shortys4711
02-16-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm from the USA. No one here is going to deny that white people generally have the edge over other people when it comes to the game of life.

With all things being equal except race, a white person is more likely to get a job than a black person.

A white person driving around in a rich neighborhood in the middle of the night would not get pulled over by a cop as much as a black person.

A white person doesn't know that he/she has white privilege because that is just how life has always been for them. A fish doesn't know its wet because it spends its entire life underwater.

Yeah ok and you be racis all your life shows how you dont actually know that you are. Oh and ps. Where I work they would take anyone but the white person for a job in that situation to make it like there trying to be non discriminant towrads people. So in that case im the basis of racisim.

justjames
02-16-2012, 01:18 AM
HBCUs do accept people of other ethnicities but generally most other ethnicities don't apply. I think BET is pretty stupid, too but I'm not going to tell people what to watch.

DaBear
02-16-2012, 01:19 AM
So you agree that 99% of the posts in this thread are pointless .
Whitlock has a history of being an equal opportunity idiot
towards many "races". Speculation about what would happen if
someone made a joke about a black person makes little sense
in this instance. This isn't just a random writer, this is
Jason Whitlock, guy.

Like telling LeBron to stop pulling the race card? That was obviously just to save his image from his other racist moments (Erin Andrews, Ben Roethlisberger).

DaBear
02-16-2012, 01:21 AM
And a white person driving around in a nice car in a crap neighborhood would get pulled over too... why? Because its assumed he is buying drugs...

And you wanna talk about perks? How bout them Colleges for black people only? What the **** is BET?

I personally can care less about either of those, but really? Thats fair how?

Seriously, make a WET (or some kind of white television network), and let's see how long it lasts before Sharpton and the other clown rise up.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Yea... the KKK accepts black members too, they just don't apply...

I'm not suggesting that racism doesn't exist... I'm just saying don't throw stones in a glass house...

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Seriously, make a WET (or some kind of white television network), and let's see how long it lasts before Sharpton and the other clown rise up.

That's not what my argument is... I can care less what type of schools or TV channels anybody has...

I'm simply saying that to sit back and say white people have all these amazing perks that black people don't is laughable...

I wonder how many times affirmative action has caused a less qualified black person to receive a job over a more qualified white person? How bout hiring the most qualified person for the job? Not be forced to hire any certain percentage of any race? Or how many 4.0 students miss out on scholarships because they are white and their black peer has a 3.7 but that scholarship fund has to fill its quota? Thats fair?

James Dolan
02-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Like telling LeBron to stop pulling the race card? That was obviously just to save his image from his other racist moments (Erin Andrews, Ben Roethlisberger).

so you haven't been exposed to many Whitlock articles.
arguing something you don't have much knowledge of.
interesting.

jammastershake
02-16-2012, 01:27 AM
more like Jason Shitlock, am I right? Dude is the biggest racist pos out there. But i'm too lazy to sign any petition, so just know, I'm with you in spirit.

DaBear
02-16-2012, 01:30 AM
so you haven't been exposed to many Whitlock articles.
arguing something you don't have much knowledge of.
interesting.

I've heard enough from him. He's clearly a racist, and anyone who doesn't see that is obviously fooled by his "joking" manner. I don't care if he makes jokes about black people too. That just makes him even more stupid.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 01:32 AM
So if you joke about any race you are then racist? Cmon... don't be so petty...

DaBear
02-16-2012, 01:43 AM
So if you joke about any race you are then racist? Cmon... don't be so petty...

That's not my point. I'm saying him making black jokes doesn't make him any less of a racist.

justjames
02-16-2012, 01:49 AM

You already have white entertainment televsion. CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX...

If a white person wants to watch a good show with a white protagonist, you can probably find something to your liking on any of the major networks.

I'm trying to think of a Asian main protagonist of a major network television show and Margaret Cho is the only person I can think of. She had a a short lived comedy in the 90s. Its more likely that Asian people get the stereotypical caricature of a character on 2 Broke Girls. That guy is one step above Mickey Rooney's yellowface portrayal of a Japanese guy in Breakfast at Tiffany's. To be fair, there is also a decent portrayal of Asian people on Hawaii Five-0.

We're getting pretty off topic though so I'm gonna bounce. If anyone wants to continue the debate via PM, be my guest.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Yep... ignore my post... kinda thought so...

thaShady
02-16-2012, 02:08 AM
No way. Ball State!!!

M.V.W.
02-16-2012, 02:24 AM
That's not what my argument is... I can care less what type of schools or TV channels anybody has...

I'm simply saying that to sit back and say white people have all these amazing perks that black people don't is laughable...

I wonder how many times affirmative action has caused a less qualified black person to receive a job over a more qualified white person? How bout hiring the most qualified person for the job? Not be forced to hire any certain percentage of any race? Or how many 4.0 students miss out on scholarships because they are white and their black peer has a 3.7 but that scholarship fund has to fill its quota? Thats fair?

Actually, the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action are white women and the only reason there are channels like BET is because black people were not getting the exposure on major outlets like MTV or VH1.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 02:30 AM
If there was a black KKK, Whitlock would be the Grand Wizard. Im sick of the douche spewing his racist propaganda in EVERY column he writes. Had this been a white journalist trashing a black player, he would be shown the door out. This has double standard written all over it. Im sure FOX would fire him but are probably afraid of being sued and having the ACLU, NAACP, Sharpton and Jackson calling for blood. Im not a racist by any means but this double standard crap is ********. I hate Whitlock with a passion and would love to see this ******* axed!

Ballistix
02-16-2012, 02:34 AM
I will sign a petition to give him a raise. Too many crybabies out there that get butt hurt for anything.

BadNewsBears
02-16-2012, 02:43 AM
the replies in this thread shows the maturity of the posters on this board.

Apparently the only offensive jokes out there are ones that are geared towards African Americans. Everyone else, especially Asians should just not get upset over stereotypes.

What's funny is that Tiger Woods is more Asian than Black. Why didn't Jason Whitlock make jokes about him being Asian?

12evolution 9
02-16-2012, 02:43 AM
a racist with double standards.... just imagine if Lin said whud up negga ... he aint dropping the -er = N-Bomb... he just using another phrase besides bro, dude, man, dog, compadre, chico, ese, accere, que bola, ect. .... but there are some that will be completely offended that he chose that phrase and Jason Whitlock would make sure his article gets published immediately.

see if society was wide open with racial comments and all then it would be all fine and dandy ... but as long as we dont and as long as a race stays sensitive to comments being made from individuals or entire party of people outside there race then we will remain living in such a soft sensitive society. When are we just not gonna give a **** about this crap...

Shout out to the other EARTHLINGS out there... |= |_| (( |{ this race crap

DaBear
02-16-2012, 03:34 AM
Affirmative action is a whole other game of bs...but I don't feel like getting into another topic. Fire Whitlock!

MickeyMgl
02-16-2012, 03:54 AM
It's not all right for a sports journalists, who has a following of more than 120,000 on twitter, to make comments like that. There's a professional and personal barrier you guys are all over looking. As a professional, he should, in the least, be reprimanded for not holding ethical standards journalist should hold.

This is how it should be more often, instead of people flying off the handle and demanding somebody's job because they didn't like what the person said. This goes for everybody.

MickeyMgl
02-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Done by other white people

So if a Japanese guy discriminates against a Chinese guy, it's OK because they're both Asian?

MickeyMgl
02-16-2012, 04:20 AM
He should not be fired. He made a joke. People need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

He should not be fired, but it was a very inappropriate joke, and he should be reprimanded. People shouldn't dismiss this entirely. "Joke" is not a defense. There are bad jokes, and it's not just based on whether or not they're funny.

Dramedy
02-16-2012, 04:21 AM
You've gotta be freaking kidding me. The guy made a joke. You are exactly what's wrong with America. We've somehow created a culture where you can't say anything remotely offensive without some dumbass taking it the wrong way and demanding your head on a platter. Newsflash douchebag, the fact that you're flipping out over this is the only reason it's being discussed. If you actually showed this to every asian person in the country and asked if they were legitimately offended I guarantee you less than 5% would be. My guess is this is such a big deal to you because you have some small issues of your own. I may not agree with what Whitlock said, but I can tell you for damn sure that I'd defend his right to say it. Just like I have every right to say this: you are exactly what is wrong with our country. People like you have created a world in which we're afraid to speak our mind. Go back to 18th century England douchebag and let us live our lives the way we see fit. Oh, and enjoy whacking it to school girl porn (which by the way, is far more offensive to the rational person than a joke made by someone who's probably heard more racial slurs in his day than you ever will) with your own micro dong. I hope you get hit by a bus.

Signed, a believer in free speech

P.S, you know your petition is a failure when more people have complained about it on an online forum than have actually signed it. It does my heart good to know that you're doing a ****** job ruining our country.

CheeznWingz
02-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Whitlock is a joke. He's not even a good reporter. He always plays the race card, makes it sound like black athletes are getting no respect, shut up. I never liked him, and IMO he is racist, if it doesn't involve black people, he would probably ask how come. I hope he gets fired, it would be years overdue.

IceMan360
02-16-2012, 07:34 AM
im shocked this thread is still opened smh

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 08:03 AM
You've gotta be freaking kidding me. The guy made a joke. You are exactly what's wrong with America. We've somehow created a culture where you can't say anything remotely offensive without some dumbass taking it the wrong way and demanding your head on a platter. Newsflash douchebag, the fact that you're flipping out over this is the only reason it's being discussed. If you actually showed this to every asian person in the country and asked if they were legitimately offended I guarantee you less than 5% would be. My guess is this is such a big deal to you because you have some small issues of your own. I may not agree with what Whitlock said, but I can tell you for damn sure that I'd defend his right to say it. Just like I have every right to say this: you are exactly what is wrong with our country. People like you have created a world in which we're afraid to speak our mind. Go back to 18th century England douchebag and let us live our lives the way we see fit. Oh, and enjoy whacking it to school girl porn (which by the way, is far more offensive to the rational person than a joke made by someone who's probably heard more racial slurs in his day than you ever will) with your own micro dong. I hope you get hit by a bus.

Signed, a believer in free speech

P.S, you know your petition is a failure when more people have complained about it on an online forum than have actually signed it. It does my heart good to know that you're doing a ****** job ruining our country.

1. How are you going to guarantee that? Are you going to trot your happy *** around the country and ask every asian this? No, so stfu, thanks.

2. Its a big deal because he is a FOX sports columnist. His work is read by hundreds of thousands of people and is followed by hundreds of thousands of people on twitter. Its completely unprofessional and there is no room for this in the business world. I wouldnt expect someone of your mere IQ to understand this, but I tried.

I work in an Accounting firm. Many clients of ours are of asian decent. If you think I can start telling stereotypical jokes to them and expect to keep my job then you are seriously delusional. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 08:11 AM
I dont care if he thought it was a "harmless" joke. I honestly feel this guy has a hidden agenda, more so then covering sports. He is a racist. There is no question about this. Don Imus got KILLED over his remarks but this guy gets a free pass? Tragic. His apology was pathetic, his excuses were pathetic and he is pathetic. Thanks to the NAACP, ACLU, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, every black "professional" like this moron can rip other races and have no punishment.

Show me ONE column this turd has written that doesnt have some form of racial analogies in it.

akagiredsuns
02-16-2012, 08:43 AM
He makes one bad comment about Lin and should be fired? OMG. What a waste of a thread. Really mods? You allow crap like this to be posted? I said it before 100 posts minimum to be an OP. No wonder PSD is going down. IBC /thread :facepalm:

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 08:51 AM
He makes one bad comment about Lin and should be fired? OMG. What a waste of a thread. Really mods? You allow crap like this to be posted? I said it before 100 posts minimum to be an OP. No wonder PSD is going down. IBC /thread :facepalm:

Give me one good reason why he shouldn't be fired? Have you ever read a Jason Whitlock column? Do you think if a white columnist said a black player "had a small brain" (we all know that stereotype) that he would still have a job? No, he would be fired, no question. That is why Whitlock should be fired. He is a racist and tons of his columns center around race. He has no business being a journalist, atleast not a sports journalist.

Bravo10000
02-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Firing might be extreme. But with that said...

Jason Whitlock has used race-baiting as a platform for far too many articles, in my opinion. So be it - as an African-American, he can get away with it, can't he?

I am betting he saw absolutely nothing wrong with 90% of the material on the "In Living Color" TV comedy. You know, because only caucasians can be racist.:facepalm:

Valleyfella
02-16-2012, 08:56 AM
I dont care if he thought it was a "harmless" joke. I honestly feel this guy has a hidden agenda, more so then covering sports. He is a racist. There is no question about this. Don Imus got KILLED over his remarks but this guy gets a free pass? Tragic. His apology was pathetic, his excuses were pathetic and he is pathetic. Thanks to the NAACP, ACLU, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, every black "professional" like this moron can rip other races and have no punishment.

Show me ONE column this turd has written that doesnt have some form of racial analogies in it.

He's actually a very good writer. The fact he is often vilified by many of the Neanderthals who frequent Fox Sports, is more a comment on his readership than him - the quote above being a case in point. He's almost always thought-provoking and comes at most issues with a fresh and interesting perspective. Even when he misses the mark, there are kernels of truth and insight evident. His comment about Lin was stupid and rash, but he recognizes that and has apologized. It's a strike against him, but hardly something worthy of the all the hyperbole it's getting.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 09:05 AM
He's actually a very good writer. The fact he is often vilified by many of the Neanderthals who frequent Fox Sports, is more a comment on his readership than him - the quote above being a case in point. He's almost always thought-provoking and comes at most issues with a fresh and interesting perspective. Even when he misses the mark, there are kernels of truth and insight evident. His comment about Lin was stupid and rash, but he recognizes that and has apologized. It's a strike against him, but hardly something worthy of the all the hyperbole it's getting.

Well hello Jason. Your a turd :rolleyes:

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Firing might be extreme. But with that said...

Jason Whitlock has used race-baiting as a platform for far too many articles, in my opinion. So be it - as an African-American, he can get away with it, can't he?

I am betting he saw absolutely nothing wrong with 90% of the material on the "In Living Color" TV comedy. You know, because only caucasians can be racist.:facepalm:

Well said :clap:

nyKnicks126
02-16-2012, 09:10 AM
If he was white.. He would have been fired already.

Valleyfella
02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Well hello Jason. Your a turd :rolleyes:

Profound. You've added a great deal to the debate.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Profound. You've added a great deal to the debate.

Im sorry but I dont find this topic debatable. See my previous posts. If a white man had said this, he would be fired. Whitlocks racial rumblings have gone on long enough, IMO. He gets away with it because he is a minority. I think he should be fired, as I would think a white columnist should be fired for saying racially insensitive cracks or jokes. How are we ever going to get through racism, even reverse racism, if we dont all have to follow the same rules?

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 09:20 AM
If he was white.. He would have been fired already.

Exactly! Which is why I feel he should be fired. Why are the rules different for minorities? What he did deserves punishment. but in todays world, if you plan on firing a minority, no matter what the cause, you better have attorneys ready, because in all likelyhood you will get sued.

nyKnicks126
02-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Exactly! Which is why I feel he should be fired. I could care less the color of his skin. What he did deserves punishment. but in todays world, if you plan on firing an employee, no matter what the cause, you better have attorneys ready, because in all likelyhood you will get sued.

Well the employer (FOX) has its rights to terminate his current contract. Insulting another minority of Asian Americans just is not right, it's not right to insult anyone for race, ethincity, sexual orientation, gender, religious beliefs, Age, etc.. Not many people have heard of this story but I am sure if Asian Americans heard about it they would not be happy.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Well the employer (FOX) has its rights to terminate his current contract. Insulting another minority of Asian Americans just is not right, it's not right to insult anyone for race, ethincity, sexual orientation, gender, religious beliefs, Age, etc.. Not many people have heard of this story but I am sure if Asian Americans heard about it they would not be happy.

It amazes me this guy still has a job. Im sure Asians would be pretty upset about it. Any race that gets bashed publicly would have something to say about it. I just dont get why anyone would defend this morons actions. Joke or not.

time4change
02-16-2012, 09:35 AM
1. How are you going to guarantee that? Are you going to trot your happy *** around the country and ask every asian this? No, so stfu, thanks.

2. Its a big deal because he is a FOX sports columnist. His work is read by hundreds of thousands of people and is followed by hundreds of thousands of people on twitter. Its completely unprofessional and there is no room for this in the business world. I wouldnt expect someone of your mere IQ to understand this, but I tried.

I work in an Accounting firm. Many clients of ours are of asian decent. If you think I can start telling stereotypical jokes to them and expect to keep my job then you are seriously delusional. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Love the fact that you call out this kids IQ level when you yourself make yourself look not only look like an uneducated accountant, but an *** as well. lol Congrats.

First off: People that have this mentality such as yourself are destroying this country.
Lighten the **** up.

for #1: Thats not his point, and the fact that you took it that way makes you look stupid. However he is still right in the idea of thinking that most not ALL but most Asian's would take that as a grain of salt. Like nothing. You don't think Asian's make jokes about white people or black people? I'm sorry but this post just makes you sound like someone who has never been in a diverse situation in his life. lol
#2: Hey turd he didn't say it in the "business" world, he said it in cyber space. And that's part of this problem with our country. People like you, have this mentality that everything must run as an efficient business, like our hospitals,it's reasons like this that the majority of the US population doesn't have healthcare, but that's a whole other can of worms. And why would a "business" man like yourself ever care about a fellow man.
#3: Seriously? Yah one big difference, he didn't say it when he was at work.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Love the fact that you call out this kids IQ level when you yourself make yourself look not only look like an uneducated accountant, but an *** as well. lol Congrats.

First off: People that have this mentality such as yourself are destroying this country.
Lighten the **** up.

for #1: Thats not his point, and the fact that you took it that way makes you look stupid. However he is still right in the idea of thinking that most not ALL but most Asian's would take that as a grain of salt. Like nothing. You don't think Asian's make jokes about white people or black people? I'm sorry but this post just makes you sound like someone who has never been in a diverse situation in his life. lol
#2: Hey turd he didn't say it in the "business" world, he said it in cyber space. And that's part of this problem with our country. People like you, have this mentality that everything must run as an efficient business, like our hospitals,it's reasons like this that the majority of the US population doesn't have healthcare, but that's a whole other can of worms. And why would a "business" man like yourself ever care about a fellow man.
#3: Seriously? Yah one big difference, he didn't say it when he was at work.

I've never heard an asian professional sports columnist cracks white or black jokes.

He might have been better off just saying it at work. Saying something moronic on twitter spreads like wild fires. Get a clue.

If you claim to be a "professional" then act like one. Constantly trying to bring race into ever piece he writes is ****ing trash. Poor black people dont have it good in this country. Black athletes are treated unfairly. Its a tiring act. The dumbass even blames white NFL coaches for black players troubles. This guys is a cancer and you have absolutely zero clue.

time4change
02-16-2012, 09:49 AM
It amazes me this guy still has a job. Im sure Asians would be pretty upset about it. Any race that gets bashed publicly would have something to say about it. I just dont get why anyone would defend this morons actions. Joke or not.

Apparently you haven't heard of this one type of job that capitalizes on just that... I think they're called comedians.

It's called freedom of expression. Last I checked he didn't harm anyone with those words, and he didn't make a hate speech about religion.

Maybe some of you user's should refresh your memory a little bit and actually look at it.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Apparently you haven't heard of this one type of job that capitalizes on just that... I think they're called comedians.

It's called freedom of expression. Last I checked he didn't harm anyone with those words, and he didn't make a hate speech about religion.

Maybe some of you user's should refresh your memory a little bit and actually look at it.

He's not a comedian you *******. He's a ****ing sports columnist, a FOX employee.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Can we prove he was talking about Lin or any Asian? Is it racists to say a guy has a tiny penis?

willabeast77
02-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Firing him is absurd. It wasn't even an offensive joke if you didn't understand it. Im glad someone took a shot at Lin, he deserved it.

time4change
02-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I've never heard an asian professional sports columnist cracks white or black jokes.

He might have been better off just saying it at work. Saying something moronic on twitter spreads like wild fires. Get a clue.

If you claim to be a "professional" then act like one. Constantly trying to bring race into ever piece he writes is ****ing trash. Poor black people don't have it good in this country. Black athletes are treated unfairly. Its a tiring act. The dumbass even blames white NFL coaches for black players troubles. This guys is a cancer and you have absolutely zero clue.

LOL it might be because they're aren't any?

Don't you think he knew that? lol

Don't you think FOX knew this before they signed him? Seriously? If you have ever read any of Jason's work before he was at FOX you would know he has ALWAYS never been afraid to push the envelope. It's the reason why he has so many followers, because instead of just spewing out an agenda like most other writers do, he speaks his mind. I gotta commend for that.

LOL and last time I checked poor black kids do have it pretty rough in this country. And to that statement I will respond with your idiotic quote "Get a clue."

Maybe next time instead of rushing through college just to get that paper degree that you wanted so dearly, take time to slow down and actually get an education.

nyKnicks126
02-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Firing him is absurd. It wasn't even an offensive joke if you didn't understand it. Im glad someone took a shot at Lin, he deserved it.

He deserved it? lol. You are a hater for sure..

NYY_NYK4
Can we prove he was talking about Lin or any Asian? Is it racists to say a guy has a tiny penis?

An Asian stereotype is they have small penis. It doesnt take a genius to figure that one out.

Is it racist to say black people have tiny brains? No father? Live on welfare? Smoke crack? Rape women? Deal drugs? Skip out on checks? Dont drive with insurance? Are uneducated? Steal? Rob? Smell? Cant keep a job? No thats not racist, they are just sterotypes. This should be acceptable for any white man to say.

PhillyFaninLA

Be a man and don't create an alt to post something like this or anything.

If you have any pride, self respect, and are anything more then a weak willed loser that is so desperate for attention they have 0 chance of getting the desired attention man up and admit your real screen name.

Also don't post polls asking someone to get fired that is also a pretty slimy scummy move.

time4change
02-16-2012, 09:58 AM
He's not a comedian you *******. He's a ****ing sports columnist, a FOX employee.

WOW, you need a line of crumbs for me to lead you to this one don't you lol.

quade36
02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Though its not cool, firing him for a tweet is as absurd as 8,000 threads started about the Knicks... Bottom line unless it is strictly noted in his contract that he needs to be responsible and respectful when he tweets there is nothing by law you can do. You've seen cases in the past where sportscasters have made comments on air which led to firing because the are legally bound to not say that. If there is no stipulation for tweeting in his contract there is no difference between that and saying something like that in his own home privately. If a racist would be fired for every time he or she made an unjustly comment there would be a lot of unemployed people including most of the sports writers, broadcasters, athletes, and fans.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
WOW, you need a line of crumbs for me to lead you to this one don't you lol.

So Freedom of Speech should go without remand? So I can call my black boss a big lipped monkey and expect to keep my job? If his words didnt harm anyone, then why are we still talking about it a week later? Why did he apologize (somewhat)

time4change
02-16-2012, 10:17 AM
So Freedom of Speech should go without remand? So I can call my black boss a big lipped monkey and expect to keep my job? If his words didnt harm anyone, then why are we still talking about it a week later? Why did he apologize (somewhat)

SO we are comparing oranges to apples then?

I'm sorry I just didn't realize Jeremy Lin was Jason Whitlock's boss.

Because ppl like you are still salty in the pants about it?

Insensitive yes, a reason to fire the man, no. Pretty sure Luke Scott called out the Prez of these United States, and I believe he is still playing baseball.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Can you prove he was talking about Lin?

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 10:37 AM
If someone can prove to me that it is fact that he was talking about Lin or any Asian at all than I will gladly sign...

The fact is that he never said any name or pointed out any race... Other peoples stereotypes led them to the conclusion that he was referring to Lin or Asian people...

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 10:45 AM
If someone can prove to me that it is fact that he was talking about Lin or any Asian at all than I will gladly sign...

The fact is that he never said any name or pointed out any race... Other peoples stereotypes led them to the conclusion that he was referring to Lin or Asian people...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/jason-whitlock-jeremy-lin-whitlock-sorry-for-lin-tweet-021112

If that isn't proof, I dont know what is.

willabeast77
02-16-2012, 10:45 AM

Exactly this. People are too sensitive these days. :facepalm:

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
SO we are comparing oranges to apples then?

I'm sorry I just didn't realize Jeremy Lin was Jason Whitlock's boss.

Because ppl like you are still salty in the pants about it?

Insensitive yes, a reason to fire the man, no. Pretty sure Luke Scott called out the Prez of these United States, and I believe he is still playing baseball.

Luke Scott called out the President because of his political views not race. Im salty about it because its another case of a minority getting special treatment and I'm tired of Whitlocks racial blabbering.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 10:50 AM
So the Asian something something of America then fired back with a, "you have a tiny penis also!"

LMFAO! Fire them all too! Racists ****s!

Here, sign my petition X_________________________

willabeast77
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
What exactly did he write? I forget

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty sure I can care less about his apology... In his tweet, he never stated Lin's name or any race...

Regardless of when he meant, he did NOT attack anybody or any race directly, nor did he use any derogatories...

LongIslandIcedZ
02-16-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm sure he tweeted this while chowing down a bucket of fried chicken mixed with purple drink

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
:facepalm::facepalm:
I'm pretty sure I can care less about his apology... In his tweet, he never stated Lin's name or any race...

Regardless of when he meant, he did NOT attack anybody or any race directly, nor did he use any derogatories...

He just apologized to Lin for nothing. You know he was bored and needed something to do :facepalm:

Are you black?

mcollazo88
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Can the world please stop being so overly sensitive..... Fired for making a stupid ( yet funny ) remark? and all of a sudden he's racist???? Lighten up America

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
:facepalm::facepalm:

He just apologized to Lin for nothing. You know he was bored and needed something to do :facepalm:

Are you black?

I'm as white as can be my friend...

But now I'm starting a petition to fire you for being racist!

Sign here x_______________

Here is a seperate line for Lin x____

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Can the world please stop being so overly sensitive..... Fired for making a stupid ( yet funny ) remark? and all of a sudden he's racist???? Lighten up America

Have you never read any of his columns before? He turned the Patriots vs Ravens game into "hard rock" vs "hip hop" The Pats "white offense" vs the Ravens "black defense"....I'd say he has some race issues.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Have you never read any of his columns before? He turned the Patriots vs Ravens game into "hard rock" vs "hip hop" The Pats "white offense" vs the Ravens "black defense"....I'd say he has some race issues.

Race issues towards who? Everyone? At that point how could it be called racism when he calls out all races?

Rentzias
02-16-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm as white as can be my friend...
I believe this.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Yea, my last name is Frank... doesnt get much more German than that...

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Yea, my last name is Frank... doesnt get much more German than that...

Eh, an alky kraut....That wasnt intended for any race :)

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Race issues towards who? Everyone? At that point how could it be called racism when he calls out all races?

He was rooting for the "black" Ravens. He even compared ray lewis and ed reed to his favorite tv show characters :facepalm: He must have been beaten around by dem derrr white fellas back in da day ya herrrrd me

willabeast77
02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Just checked the tweet and it read: "Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight."

What is offensive about that? The only thing offensive is the "some lucky lady" part. Why is it to assume Jeremy Lin is straight? Does Jason Whitlock know this for a fact? Was it confirmed he's straight? Anyway people need to stop whinning over nothing.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Was zum teufel bedeutet "alky" bedeuten?

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Just checked the tweet and it read: "Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight."

What is offensive about that? The only thing offensive is the "some lucky lady" part. Why is it to assume Jeremy Lin is straight? Does Jason Whitlock know this for a fact? Was it confirmed he's straight? Anyway people need to stop whinning over nothing.

Gay peope are pissed off too now! Damnit Whitlock! Stop offending people!

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Well I'm bored with this subject... I'm gonna get back to work before I do something racist...

TubbyBucket
02-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm sure he tweeted this while chowing down a bucket of fried chicken mixed with purple drink

No waffles?

Yeah, Whitlock's an idiot, but then, I never thought much of these so called sports "journalists."

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Was zum teufel bedeutet "alky" bedeuten?

Ich gehe zurück zu ficken Ihre Mutter. Guten Tag

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2012, 12:11 PM
She is 50... Good luck with that...

AllKohn
02-16-2012, 12:27 PM
This is so dumb-why would anyone want Whitlock fired for making a off color comment-you should want him fired because he is a TERRIBLE journalist.

Also it's well documented that black people hate asians.
Asians hate albino's
Albinos hate Snookie.

Bam!

daleja424
02-16-2012, 12:33 PM
An Asian stereotype is they have small penis. It doesnt take a genius to figure that one out.

Is it racist to say black people have tiny brains? No father? Live on welfare? Smoke crack? Rape women? Deal drugs? Skip out on checks? Dont drive with insurance? Are uneducated? Steal? Rob? Smell? Cant keep a job? No thats not racist, they are just sterotypes. This should be acceptable for any white man to say.

Yes. Those things are racist. Bc they imply that there is something wrong with being black. It is all about sentiment. The joke here didn't imply that Lin was any less of a person... In fact it insinuated that he was quite the ladies man.

When you use a stereotype that has a derogatory sentiment behind it... It is racist...

But just b/c some stereotypes are racist... Doesn't mean that they all are. We use stereotypes every second of everyday to survive. It is simply the way the human brain works.

If you honestly can't see the difference between what was said about Lin and the garbage you just posted then you are the one with the problem here... Not Whitlock.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 12:45 PM
She is 50... Good luck with that...

Seine Ordnung. Ich würde gerne einen Sinn in ihr rammen. Ich spreche auch fliebend Deutsch. BAM!

Diewitdaknicks
02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
I think everyone who works for FOX should be fired, where's the petition for that?

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes. Those things are racist. Bc they imply that there is something wrong with being black. It is all about sentiment. The joke here didn't imply that Lin was any less of a person... In fact it insinuated that he was quite the ladies man.

When you use a stereotype that has a derogatory sentiment behind it... It is racist...

But just b/c some stereotypes are racist... Doesn't mean that they all are. We use stereotypes every second of everyday to survive. It is simply the way the human brain works.

If you honestly can't see the difference between what was said about Lin and the garbage you just posted then you are the one with the problem here... Not Whitlock.

I'm sure an Asian would look at that as a negative stereotype because it isnt true. Just like all Asians are good at math. How about all blacks can run? All blacks like fried chicken? All black men dont like performing oral sex on females? All blacks can jump high? etc etc....would those be more acceptable to a black person? If someone tweeted something remotely racist about Whitlock he would ****ing go off...he is the biggest hipocrite.

Heater4life
02-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Welcome to to the United States. Where racism only applies to black people.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I firmly believe he meant to be malicious because he cant stand another race getting the attention, especially in the predominately black NBA. So Imus referring to black basketball players as "nappy headed hoes" isnt justifiable but this is? The point is Whitlock insinuated Lin has a tiny penis because he is Asian. I hope a white journalist tweets a black player has a tiny brain. Blacks would riot and call for his head. He would be fired that same day! That is what makes this whole thing wrong. Minorities should be held accountable for their actions. And they seldomly are. I think i will walk up to the first minority I see and tell them a racist joke. I can always blame Richard Pryor.

Roynel7
02-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Whitlock's comments do not qualify as racist. If that is true, than Fuzzy Z's comments were not racist either. The big problem as I see it, is that Whitlock has now made himself into a complete hypocrit......especially in his business, that is probably worse than being a racist. Jason's comments were on the same plane as Zoeller's.

Jason Whitlock is not a racist............he is a HYPOCRIT

Arch Stanton
02-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm sure an Asian would look at that as a negative stereotype because it isnt true. Just like all Asians are good at math. How about all blacks can run? All blacks like fried chicken? All black men dont like performing oral sex on females? All blacks can jump high? etc etc....would those be more acceptable to a black person? If someone tweeted something remotely racist about Whitlock he would ****ing go off...he is the biggest hipocrite.

Asians are good at math. I wouldn't say all asians, but specifically Koreans. Read the book "Outliers."

In the book the author points out that it has to do with the way mathematics are interpreted in the Korean language. I believe a few other Asian cultures are also mentioned.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 01:05 PM

He didnt imply Lin was any less of a person, just has a small penis...because he is Asian. All sterotypes are derogatory, it may not offend all asians but it will offend some. You have your definition of sterotypes and I have mine. If this is acceptable then its acceptable to me to assume the things I stated about blacks. Or do blacks get a free pass because the grandfathers fathers father was a slave 200 years ago? Rasicm must not apply to black people.

funkybudda
02-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I firmly believe he meant to be malicious because he cant stand another race getting the attention, especially in the predominately black NBA. So Imus referring to black basketball players as "nappy headed hoes" isnt justifiable but this is? The point is Whitlock insinuated Lin has a tiny penis because he is Asian. I hope a white journalist tweets a black player has a tiny brain. Blacks would riot and call for his head. He would be fired that same day! That is what makes this whole thing wrong. Minorities should be held accountable for their actions. And they seldomly are. I think i will walk up to the first minority I see and tell them a racist joke. I can always blame Richard Pryor.

well said, I cant believe the amount of people trying to rationalize what Whitlock said is not a racist comment/joke. I wonder if these people are Asian? Probably not so therefore it's ok to say "chill out, it's not that bad". Whatever these people not, if someone on the street make some sort of racist or stereotype comment to their face, I doubt they will tell themselves to "chill out."

Badluck33
02-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Should this be enough to boycott the New York Knicks and MSG? (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-02-15/msg-posts-regretful-graphic-on-new-york-knicks-jeremy-lin)

Enough is enough.

If whitlock loses his job, then we should burn down MSG.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Asians are good at math. I wouldn't say all asians, but specifically Koreans. Read the book "Outliers."

In the book the author points out that it has to do with the way mathematics are interpreted in the Korean language. I believe a few other Asian cultures are also mentioned.

Thank you, you made my point. Stereotypes mean EVERY person in that said race. Whitlock is implying ALL asians have small genitalia. What Whitlock is implying is a negative racist stereotype. A person in his position should know that isnt acceptable to tweet. Go home tell your friends whatever but dont tweet it for hundreds of thousands of people to see. White people in professional jobs have been fired for way less. Jay Mariotti got fired from ESPN for domestic violence. It took Michael Irvin 2 cocaine arrests for ESPN fired him. Jaylen Rose got an aggrivated DUI last year and he still in on ESPN. Again, minorities get free passes and its not right

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Should this be enough to boycott the New York Knicks and MSG? (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-02-15/msg-posts-regretful-graphic-on-new-york-knicks-jeremy-lin)

Enough is enough.

If whitlock loses his job, then we should burn down MSG.

Whats wrong with that picture? Fortune cookies are a part of asian cuisine. What do you get at the end of each meal at an asian eatery? Fortune cookies. Thats like me taking a picture with a cheeseburger because I'm american. Get a clue buddy.

NYY_NYK4
02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
well said, I cant believe the amount of people trying to rationalize what Whitlock said is not a racist comment/joke. I wonder if these people are Asian? Probably not so therefore it's ok to say "chill out, it's not that bad". Whatever these people not, if someone on the street make some sort of racist or stereotype comment to their face, I doubt they will tell themselves to "chill out."

I guess black people cant make racist statements. It would be racist of me to think Whitlock is being racist :facepalm:

MickeyMgl
02-16-2012, 04:09 PM
You've gotta be freaking kidding me. The guy made a joke. You are exactly what's wrong with America. We've somehow created a culture where you can't say anything remotely offensive without some dumbass taking it the wrong way and demanding your head on a platter.

What is the right way to take it, if by your own description it's offensive?

"People shouldn't be offended when I say something offensive!"

I agree that he shouldn't be fired, but a reprimand of some kind is in order.

MickeyMgl
02-16-2012, 04:20 PM
LOL it might be because they're aren't any?

I don't know what hillbilly town you live in, but I"ve seen and read plenty.

M.V.W.
02-16-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't condone people making offensive comments, but basically it all comes down to PR in these controversies. Companies worry about image and losing sponsorships or viewers. Protests and boycotts is usually what pressures companies to take action the midst of a scandal. That's why some public figures get fined, suspended or lose their jobs after a scandal. As mentioned before, companies probably won't take any action if something happened outside of work unless it's stipulated in their contract. I'm not all gung ho for people being fired for offensive comments/jokes, as it doesn't enrich my life.

Furthermore, people complain about double standards but what are they doing anything to challenge them? That might explain why there's not equal treatment of individuals when a scandal breaks out.

TubbyBucket
02-16-2012, 06:23 PM

The "ladies man" bit was clearly sarcasm, and makes the tweet somewhat more offensive.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-16-2012, 09:33 PM
It wasnt that bad? Unless your background is Asian or close friends with some Asian-American, you really have no right to be the judge of that.

I've got an adopted Asian sister...

albertc86
02-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I thought it was hilarious. Stop being so sensitive.

barreleffact
02-17-2012, 01:50 AM
The stupidity of this thread lies in the racism, but ironically not the racism of the comment. Most people angered by this thread aren't angry because of the comment the journalist made. They even validated my point by claiming why they are angry. People are mad because (and they always specifically say their own race) they always say if X was in the same position, he would be fired. Specifically they continually say if a white person said this, he would be vilified. That is racism because basically you are saying if a minority gets a free pass, a white person better get the same.

Many stupid things have been brought up:

HBCs- just to set the record straight, they take whites and other non blacks AND give them minority scholarships for attending the HBC.

Affirmative action- seriously? Should white people get EVERY job? Has anyone ever looked into the statistics of affirmative action, or do we just assume its a **** law just because it benefits minorities? Anyone ever think maybe its in place for a reason, AND it is used in more than just racial decisions (most specifically gender) as well? These arguments are pathetic!

I hate threads like this because they get off topic and are ALWAYS intended to drop blacks, and degrade us. Was what he said wrong? Yes, but if the only reason you are offended is because "what if a white person..." STFU and grow up!

Imus BLATANTLY said nappy headed hoes. There were NO implications, no subtlety, no assumptions to be made. If that is the same as this, something is seriously wrong with you. However, I guarantee if he is fired and replaced by a white guy, everything is right, but if a black person gets the job it's affirmative action and its offensive. Ignorance at its best and all of you bigots are what's wrong with society. You hold no place in an deal world, but unfortunately you are NOT minorities so you will never see things through the eyes of any minority, and most of your racial analyses are generally unfounded and hypocritical.

James Dolan
02-17-2012, 03:12 AM
The stupidity of this thread lies in the racism, but ironically not the racism of the comment. Most people angered by this thread aren't angry because of the comment the journalist made. They even validated my point by claiming why they are angry. People are mad because (and they always specifically say their own race) they always say if X was in the same position, he would be fired. Specifically they continually say if a white person said this, he would be vilified. That is racism because basically you are saying if a minority gets a free pass, a white person better get the same.

Many stupid things have been brought up:

HBCs- just to set the record straight, they take whites and other non blacks AND give them minority scholarships for attending the HBC.

Affirmative action- seriously? Should white people get EVERY job? Has anyone ever looked into the statistics of affirmative action, or do we just assume its a **** law just because it benefits minorities? Anyone ever think maybe its in place for a reason, AND it is used in more than just racial decisions (most specifically gender) as well? These arguments are pathetic!

I hate threads like this because they get off topic and are ALWAYS intended to drop blacks, and degrade us. Was what he said wrong? Yes, but if the only reason you are offended is because "what if a white person..." STFU and grow up!

Imus BLATANTLY said nappy headed hoes. There were NO implications, no subtlety, no assumptions to be made. If that is the same as this, something is seriously wrong with you. However, I guarantee if he is fired and replaced by a white guy, everything is right, but if a black person gets the job it's affirmative action and its offensive. Ignorance at its best and all of you bigots are what's wrong with society. You hold no place in an deal world, but unfortunately you are NOT minorities so you will never see things through the eyes of any minority, and most of your racial analyses are generally unfounded and hypocritical.

great post :clap:

jrands
02-17-2012, 03:21 AM
So will signing the petition move us 2 inches closer to ridding the world of racism?

sunsfan88
02-17-2012, 03:26 AM
Is there any non Knick fans who think he should get fired? No? That's what I thought.

People these days are too damn sensitive. The guy who wrote this crap about Asian penis is black so I'm pretty sure it wont be too hard for an Asian media member to tweet something racist/funny about Black people next time a Black person has a ridiculous performance like Lin did.

AnotherPerson
02-20-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm not a Knicks fan, and I took offense to the comment, which is why I posted about it here.

lakersfan01
02-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Jason Whitlock is a pos I've only read a couple of his articles during the lockout and just skip over anything that is by him ever since.

lvlheaded
02-20-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm a Knick fan and I don't believe he should be fired. Still, there is a certain standard that media members should be held too. He should have known better than to make a comment like this. However, unlike the ESPN headline that ran a racial slur, Whitlock didn't really saying anything that is racist, he was just trying to be funny. Again, did it come off as racist? Some what yes, and as a member of the media he should be held to a high standard, but firing him isn't warranted IMO

SportsAndrew25
02-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Jesus. Are we getting to the point where we cannot say anything without offending people? :facepalm: