PDA

View Full Version : Humble personalities are emerging

Evolution23
02-15-2012, 02:01 PM
In the last few years fans are seeing players emerge with amazing talent and equally humble personalities. It is a breath of fresh air watching players like Rose, Durant, and Dirk dominate on the court and at the same time stay classy and give credit to the fans and teammates. Jeremy Lin has brought back the Knicks also but obviously he isn't on the same level as these two players, but he is all about the team. It feels like we have went back in time where team play was more important in winning, rather than superstar dominance. Thoughts?

Cal827
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
True but remember most of the guys who are deciding to make the superstar teams were humble before too... Hopefully this trend continues.. Dirk is the only superstar that I can think of remained humble throughout his career in the current NBA....

...And Tim Duncan

RLundi
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Lol Durant is humble?

Bullsfan22
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
True but remember most of the guys who are deciding to make the superstar teams were humble before too... Hopefully this trend continues.. Dirk is the only superstar that I can think of remained humble throughout his career.

Tim Duncan is basically the epitome of a class act.

Sinestro
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Sadly, I doubt it theres a reason these humble superstars are praised so much

sep11ie
02-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Lol, a new way to start a Lin thread.

Blink
02-15-2012, 02:15 PM

Yyyyyuuuuuuuppppppp!

My thoughts exactly

Cal827
02-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Tim Duncan is basically the epitome of a class act.

Wow :facepalm: I can't believe I forgot about him too. My mistake.

Evolution23
02-15-2012, 02:18 PM

Not really. I was giving props to all the humble stars in the league. It is a new trend in the NBA. Move with the movement or its moving without.

pacofunk64
02-15-2012, 02:19 PM
This is a very Linteresting thread.

Broadwayjoe NY
02-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Yyyyyuuuuuuuppppppp!

My thoughts exactly

Lin may have given the OP the initial idea for this thread, but seeing as how it is a very open-ended notion, can't we just roll with it instead of perpetuating the belief that the majority of posters on here are so damned negative all the time. I mean damn guys. Being humble and classy is my style and one of the reasons I love Rose and The Big Fundamental.

When you're winning say little and when you're losing say even less. Truest statement spoken.

DaBUU
02-15-2012, 02:33 PM
no way, dont believe it. I thought it was filled with convicts and thugs?

CostanzaNumba0
02-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Was MJ humble?

Evolution23
02-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Was MJ humble?

I said recently

Matrix3132
02-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Lol Durant is humble?

Evidence to the contrary?

Nash also

CubZwin38
02-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Not too hard to be more humble than Lebron. I don't think we're seeing any more humble guys than in eras past. Maybe they're getting more publicity than normal. I do think that if not for Lin the OP probably wouldn't have been posted.

Rockice_8
02-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Nothing new to see hear there's been guys like this forever. Just another unLINtresting thread.

naps
02-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Basically it's another Lin thread...Good lord! Lin threads will surpass Rose and LeBron's combine.

mjm07
02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Basically it's another Lin thread...Good lord! Lin threads will surpass Rose and LeBron's combine.

This.

What does it matter if a player is humble or not? To me, it shouldn't be a big deal. Barry Bonds is one of the greatest MLB players ever but some of his teammates will tell you they hate the guy. Ty Cobb is another one. Jordan too yet he's still the GOAT. etc etc etc

Hell the knicks of the past with Ewing, Grandmama, Oakley, Mason werent' boy scouts. But i'm sure the OP was rooting for them, ferviously, just the same.

This will only be a LIN praising and, like the silly cub fan, an LBJ bashing or other players not considered "humble".

Ezio
02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Evidence to the contrary?

Nash also

He complained about not being in MVP talks last season

Weezy
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Derrick Rose, Tim Duncun, LaMarcus Aldridge?, Billups, and the all mighty Anthony Carter

Those are the ones that come to mind.

mRc08
02-15-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't think that being humble makes someone any better, but it still is refreshing.

Sure some of the alltime greats were not humble at all, but it is still nice to see.

These guys are living great lives and have been blessed with the physical tools to play a sport most others cannot play. Sure hard work seperates them from other great athletes, but the average jo shmo cannot play in the NBA with the pure reason of god given physical ability. It is nice to see these players recognize the position they are in and be humble.

Being humble doesn't win you rings, but it at least gains respect from the fans, teamates, media, and coaches. whats wrong with that?

Hellcrooner
02-15-2012, 04:00 PM
most nba internationals are humble, ive never seen any trashtalking not rudeness from the mings, dirks, manus,nenes, parkers, gasols ( both), calderons, rubios etc.

there are a few of them that are not that classy tough ( rudy or scola come to mind)

Hellcrooner
02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't think that being humble makes someone any better, but it still is refreshing.

Sure some of the alltime greats were not humble at all, but it is still nice to see.

These guys are living great lives and have been blessed with the physical tools to play a sport most others cannot play. Sure hard work seperates them from other great athletes, but the average jo shmo cannot play in the NBA with the pure reason of god given physical ability. It is nice to see these players recognize the position they are in and be humble.

Being humble doesn't win you rings, but it at least gains respect from the fans, teamates, media, and coaches. whats wrong with that?

Dumars, Magic, Duncan,hakeem, Pau and others beg to differ

mRc08
02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
most nba internationals are humble, ive never seen any trashtalking not rudeness from the mings, dirks, manus,nenes, parkers, gasols ( both), calderons, rubios etc.

there are a few of them that are not that classy tough ( rudy or scola come to mind)

noccioni? lol the guy used to talk mad trash and get in players minds. Overall though your point is very valid

Punk
02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the OP means stars of the next generation being humble. The only humble stars from the last decade were Duncan and Nash.

You had the biggest stars being the most cocky like Kobe, Iverson, LeBron, etc. Now, Durant, Rose, Love, Griffin, Lin are the biggest names in the NBA and they have shown nothing but positivity. Which is something that is desperately needed nowadays.

mjm07
02-15-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the OP means stars of the next generation being humble. The only humble stars from the last decade were Duncan and Nash.

You had the biggest stars being the most cocky like Kobe, Iverson, LeBron, etc. Now, Durant, Rose, Love, Griffin, Lin are the biggest names in the NBA and they have shown nothing but positivity. Which is something that is desperately needed nowadays.

Wow now Lin is a star....:facepalm:

Dudes legit (so far) but c'mon not a star. Let him play, at least, one full season.

Big Zo
02-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Derrick Rose didn't wanna recruit other stars that his team was pursuing because he's selfish and doesn't wanna share the spotlight. But good Lord is he humble!

SteveNash
02-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Humbleness in the NBA is mostly a facade. Lin definitely isn't humble. Neither is Durant or Rose.

Didn't the entire Spanish national team, men and women make fun of Chinese for the Beijing Olympics?

Rubio has a huge ego:
http://i.minus.com/dbelEflQZq71Gx.gif

MickeyMgl
02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah, when I see Lin sticking his tongue out after a 3-pointer, nodding his head and strutting, I think "this kid is really humble".

JordansBulls
02-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Was MJ humble?

Yes:)

fadedmario
02-15-2012, 06:03 PM
After 6 games everyone is humble - lol

bbcmillionaire
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Derrick Rose didn't wanna recruit other stars that his team was pursuing because he's selfish and doesn't wanna share the spotlight. But good Lord is he humble!

Lmao leave it to a heat fan to start the bashing(and surprise he's dissing the bulls)

Rose's mentality is very intriguing to me, he's soo humble but has that killer mentality, think Kobe meets Tim Duncan

Lakeshow24KB
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah, when I see Lin sticking his tongue out after a 3-pointer, nodding his head and strutting, I think "this kid is really humble".

Exaxtly what I thought. But then again he is humble whenever he is interviewed by the reporters and stuff but that's just pretty talk.

Matrix3132
02-15-2012, 06:30 PM
He complained about not being in MVP talks last season

Never heard Durant complain about not being mvp, can anyone else confirm this?

FilNugsFan
02-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Tim Duncan, Steve Nash and Grant Hill

Heediot
02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
True but remember most of the guys who are deciding to make the superstar teams were humble before too... Hopefully this trend continues.. Dirk is the only superstar that I can think of remained humble throughout his career in the current NBA....

...And Tim Duncan

What do Duncan, Rose, Lin and Durant have in common?? They are all born in the year of the Dragon.

naps
02-15-2012, 07:54 PM

So Lin is a star already? On the same sentence with those guys? Jesus!! I honestly thought Bulls fans were going crazy over Rose but boy this is on another level :speechless:

Big Zo
02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Lmao leave it to a heat fan to start the bashing(and surprise he's dissing the bulls)

Rose's mentality is very intriguing to me, he's soo humble but has that killer mentality, think Kobe meets Tim Duncan

Actually, there was already a jab at LeBron by a Bulls fan. Anyway, is what I said not true?

Cubs Win
02-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Actually, there was already a jab at LeBron by a Bulls fan. Anyway, is what I said not true?

Yes, it wasn't true. You stated a completely incorrect reason for why he didn't recruit free agents. He didn't because he has complete confidence in his team (Maybe to a fault? Although they are obviously a great team). It's also been mentioned that he wants the FAs to want to be a part of the team.

I don't completely agree with his stance, but I can't knock him for it. And it's absolutely not what you said.

Big Zo
02-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Yes, it wasn't true. You stated a completely incorrect reason for why he didn't recruit free agents. He didn't because he has complete confidence in his team (Maybe to a fault? Although they are obviously a great team). It's also been mentioned that he wants the FAs to want to be a part of the team.

I don't completely agree with his stance, but I can't knock him for it. And it's absolutely not what you said.

You're basically wrapping a bow tie on a turd, when it comes to his stance. Guy wanted to be "the man" and was not willing to sacrifice his stats by having two more stars on his team.

Cubs Win
02-15-2012, 09:44 PM
You're basically wrapping a bow tie on a turd, when it comes to his stance. Guy wanted to be "the man" and was not willing to sacrifice his stats by having two more stars on his team.

Link?

northsider
02-15-2012, 10:00 PM

Yes he wanted to be the man so he refused to court players instead of showing his confidence in his current teammates. God some of you on this site are pathetic. So because Rose didn't go out and beg guys to join him he is selfish. Listen to yourself, I mean really are you that dense?

sports4life1989
02-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes he wanted to be the man so he refused to court players instead of showing his confidence in his current teammates. God some of you on this site are pathetic. So because Rose didn't go out and beg guys to join him he is selfish. Listen to yourself, I mean really are you that dense?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading that Rose did text Lebron he'd would like him to play with him IF he wanted too. I don't feel like looking for the link, but I am sure I was not the only person to read that.

The only real difference was Rose didn't want to go out and beg for players to play with him, because as stated before he had confidence in his team with or without them.

northsider
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading that Rose did text Lebron he'd would like him to play with him IF he wanted too. I don't feel like looking for the link, but I am sure I was not the only person to read that.

The only real difference was Rose didn't want to go out and beg for players to play with him, because as stated before he had confidence in his team with or without them.

Yes you are correct. However some people fail to apply logic to every day instances.

Hellcrooner
02-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Yes:)

As portrayed in his Ghandi Like Hof Speech.

Raph12
02-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Kobe and Lebron top the list for humble superstars...

Hellcrooner
02-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Humbleness in the NBA is mostly a facade. Lin definitely isn't humble. Neither is Durant or Rose.

Didn't the entire Spanish national team, men and women make fun of Chinese for the Beijing Olympics?

Rubio has a huge ego:
http://i.minus.com/dbelEflQZq71Gx.gif

1 you can be humble AND stupid

2 that was a bad idea by the sponsored anoucer.

3 it had 0 racist intention and 0 make fun of the chinese intention but of course english/american/french press hates spain and blew it out of proportion.

The Final Boss
02-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Michael Jordan.