PDA

View Full Version : Shaq: Howard's exit would be 'travesty'

Dade County
02-15-2012, 10:47 AM
The nerve of this guy .... smh ( Shaq has problems )

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7576338/shaquille-oneal-says-dwight-howard-leaving-orlando-magic-travesty

Discuss.

If Howard wants to play in a bigger market or for a certain team, thats his business, and he has every right to.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Shaq is the ultimate chief media marketer. Stirring up **** for all star weekend 2012 in Orlando. I wonder how the city welcomes both Shaq and Howard during that whole weekend.

ManningToTyree
02-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Shaq is a hypocrite and hates Howard. No surprise

PhillyFaninLA
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
In Shaq's defense he would know from experience and you fail to see what the real issue Shaq has is.

Shaq is afraid Dwight goes to the Lakers and stars in Kazaam 2.

ManningToTyree
02-15-2012, 11:28 AM
In Shaq's defense he would know from experience and you fail to see what the real issue Shaq has is.

:speechless:

Sinestro
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Well you sure do know from experience Shaq

gotoHcarolina52
02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Hate to break it to you Magic fans, but Dwight's departure is Linevitable.

MagicHero3
02-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Hate to break it to you Magic fans, but Dwight's departure is Linevitable.

hate to break it to you, but we already knew that hes probably leaving. before the season started. thanks for the update though :facepalm:

Master Mind
02-15-2012, 11:55 AM

:laugh2:

SpaceJamJordans
02-15-2012, 11:59 AM
hypocrite

jp611
02-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Shaqs a clown

DaBUU
02-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Dwight for Lin straight up.

Rockice_8
02-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Pot meet kettle.

It's one thing to run your mouth and cause a little drama (go against the grain per say) ala Skip Bayless but Shaq is just flat out annoying.

nate2usmc
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Dwight for Lin straight up.

Dwight + Ryan Anderson and that should be an adequate offer ;)

nate2usmc
02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
LMFAO Shaq is just too funny.

Sandman
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Hate to praise a guy for chasing money but the Magic deserved to lose Shaq.

You could argue they deserve to lose Dwight for the team they put around him but thats a different animal.

For as much trash as he talks, Shaq still lives in that "dried up little pond."

Lakeshow24KB
02-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Haha too bad he isn't going to LA

M.V.W.
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM

:laugh2:

AKAYaReal
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Anything for attention.

Shaq's last 3 and half seasons in the NBA were a joke and now that he's not on the court, he has to be Shaq and try to get attention.

This is just another way of Shaq trying to keep his name in peoples mouth.

RLundi
02-15-2012, 02:09 PM
For some weird reason, every time Shaq talks, it makes me want to take a dump.

Strangest thing.

nickdymez
02-15-2012, 02:50 PM
The nerve of this guy .... smh ( Shaq has problems )

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7576338/shaquille-oneal-says-dwight-howard-leaving-orlando-magic-travesty

Discuss.

If Howard wants to play in a bigger market or for a certain team, thats his business, and he has every right to.

lol@ "The nerve of this guy". Relax man, they are athletes.

mavwar53
02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Shaq is a hypocrite and hates Howard. No surprise

You mean this guy?

:superman:

smith&wesson
02-15-2012, 03:45 PM
shaq doesnt want howard to follow in his steps. they are already too similar. imagine if howard went to la and played with kobe. he would be like a shaq clone.

mRc08
02-15-2012, 03:50 PM
shaq is one of my favorite players of all time, and IMO the best center to ever play the game.

I used to love his personality too. not taking himself too seriously, yet being respectful/concious of the NBA's history and alltime great players.

But now that he is retired, i think he just needs to stfu. He isn't good on TNT, has some weird fued with howard, and often makes ridiculous comments. His analysis of the game and players has been terrible. Where does this guy have room to talk about howard?? Shaq make some very questionable career moves and shouldn't be lecturing. Sure he got his rings, but he should have gotten a lot more. please be quiet and let sir charles do his thang.

LAKERMANIA
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Shaq is just trying to protect his legacy, he knows that IF*** Dwight gets traded to the Lakers, it is very possible that the Kobe and Dwight Lakers could win a title or two, and if he does, Kobe's career becomes "the big man maker" winning a title with Shaq, Bynum and Gasol, and Dwight, he automatically becomes the player where if you stick him with a good big man he will win a title..

If that happens Shaq's career wont seem as promising anymore, his legacy becomes threatened because he wasn't unique when it came to winning with Kobe, because Kobe won titles with Shaq, Pau and Bynum and (in my hypothetical scenario) Dwight Howard..So he's scared about Dwight possibly being moved, and he is even more scared about Dwight playing with Kobe and possibly winning a title..

That's why Shaq is saying a lot of crap about Howard and that's why he thinks Bynum is a better center, because according to Shaq he completely stole his thunder, drafted by the Magic, went to the Finals and lost, nickname is Superman, goofball 7 foot dominant center, and has a chance to go to the Lakers just like he did and win titles with Kobe just like he did..

Anyway, that's just my opinion, and in no way am I saying Dwight is going to be a Laker

mRc08
02-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Shaq is just trying to protect his legacy, he knows that IF*** Dwight gets traded to the Lakers, it is very possible that the Kobe and Dwight Lakers could win a title or two, and if he does, Kobe's career becomes "the big man maker" winning a title with Shaq, Bynum and Gasol, and Dwight, he automatically becomes the player where if you stick him with a good big man he will win a title..

If that happens Shaq's career wont seem as promising anymore, his legacy becomes threatened because he wasn't unique when it came to winning with Kobe, because Kobe won titles with Shaq, Pau and Bynum and (in my hypothetical scenario) Dwight Howard..So he's scared about Dwight possibly being moved, and he is even more scared about Dwight playing with Kobe and possibly winning a title..

That's why Shaq is saying a lot of crap about Howard and that's why he thinks Bynum is a better center, because according to Shaq he completely stole his thunder, drafted by the Magic, went to the Finals and lost, nickname is Superman, goofball 7 foot dominant center, and has a chance to go to the Lakers just like he did and win titles with Kobe just like he did..

Anyway, that's just my opinion, and in no way am I saying Dwight is going to be a Laker

you forgot to mention can't hit a freethrow lol

bcoakes97
02-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Shaq was in the same situation 16 years ago. As much as I love the big fella, he has no place in calling the possibility a "Travesty" considering he left Orlando for LA and won 3 straight championships.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-15-2012, 08:54 PM
The big difference between Shaq and Dwight is that fans were polled whether they'd choose Shaq and coach Brian Hill, and ignorant Magic fans chose the coach over Shaq. :laugh:.Also the FO refused to give Shaq the max dollars. Dwight is leaving despite being wanted and being offered the max.

Raph12
02-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Shaq's a joke, does anyone take this guy seriously anymore?

Bruno
02-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Shaq 'Do as I say, not as I do" O'neal.

Howard doesn't need career advice from Shaq. Shaq burnt every bridge he built, and ended his career as a journey man. Howard should do what he wants.

Dade County
02-16-2012, 12:18 AM
A sports analyst should call him out ...

Gritz
02-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Im tired of this

Shaq and Howard need to get down already

LA_Raiders
02-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Shaq doesnt want him in LA, because he knows he can steal his legacy as the 2nd best C in LA...