PDA

View Full Version : Which of the Toronto teams will become something great?

Vampirate
02-15-2012, 12:56 AM
I wil post this in the Blue Jays Forum, Raptor Forum and Leaf forum

We toronto fans have had to put up with Medicredy to lousy teams for a while. The Blue Jays haven't been to the Playoffs in almost a quarter centery. The Leafs haven't won the cup in about 40 years and haven't been to the palayoffs in a while. The Raptos have made the playoffs, but were easy first round exits and have fallen into a bonafide lottery team the last few years.

We have the Blue Jays, the team imo which has the most talent out of the 3, the team with a surefire superstar in Jose Bautista and it seems the most competant gm of Toronto Sports.

The downside: Take a look at the division, aside from the Orioles the Yankees, Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays could all make the playoffs, it is a huge mountain to climb when you are stuck in the same division as those 3. You can't be merely good, you have to be great.

The Upside: Despite their division the Blue Jays appear to be the closest to breaking through. IF the Blue Jays could reach the Play Offs they would imo be contendors for the World Series title considering the Play Offs are a crap shoot and to get to the Play Offs they would need to be a very, very good team, one of the best in the league.

The Next Up is the Raptos. This team probably has the least talent out of the 3. The Raptors are relying on high on the draft as the fans watch the losses pile up. This season could determine if they become contenders in the future or are pretenders depending on the luck of the lottery. Out of all 3 Toronto teams this one could go either way.

The downside: The Raptors simply suck this year, do not have alot of talent and if things do not go well with the draft and Jonas doesn't prove he is worth it they could be in this same exact spot.

The Upside: Out of all Toronto teams the Playoffs are the easiest to get into in the NBA, especialy if you are a team in the East and in the Atlantic. A sub .500 team could make the playoffs and as the Raptors have proven before when they won the division, the same applies this year. Needless to say it wouldn't be hard to win this division if things go the Raptors way, even if Dwieght lands on the Nets the division would still be weak.
Another thing is the Raptos have their future centre locked up in Jonas, along with a 1-4 draft pick and a good FA signing this Raptor team can look radically different next year.

Now the Leafs: The team that's in the middle, they have the most history with winning championships by a mile, unfortunately thry haven't won one in like 40 years. They are a good team but not strong enough to make it far into the playoffs should they make it.

The Downside: They are fighting for a Play Off spot and getting into the play offs won't be easy as every game now will be crucial. Even if they make he play offs i can't see them getting far as they simply are just good enough to get in. They also lack a Superstar and are not in a position to get one atm. The Leafs also play in a salery cap league so just getting players isn't that easy.

The Upside: While getting into the Play Offs is not NBA easy it's neither MLB hard. The Leafs could indeed make the Play offs and anything could hapen. While the Play Offs are not a wild card the MLB is, it's neither a foregone conclusion to who is going to win like the NBA is. The division is also middle of the pact in terms of the 3 toronto teams. Another bonus is that the Leafs are one of the big, storied franchises in the NHL. They should have no trouble getting a player to sign should they have the room to do it in if they feel the player is worth it. In my mind the Leafs as a franchise are like the Cubs, a big time storied franchise that hasn't won a championship in forever.

statquo
02-15-2012, 01:04 AM
any leafs discussion in the jays forum will have me looking to new forums to discuss the jays. in before close.

Krylian
02-15-2012, 01:35 AM
The Rock.

Bombtista
02-15-2012, 01:59 AM
lol I don't see the point of this.

Anyone who reads this forum knows the Jays are improving beyond what your little analysis might tell us.

2009mvp
02-15-2012, 02:16 AM
I don't see how this is even close. The other two are shooting for 8th place and can't even manage that.

Vampirate
02-15-2012, 02:35 AM
I don't see how this is even close. The other two are shooting for 8th place and can't even manage that.

Divisions sir. The division the Blue Jays is in is leagues better than the Raptors Division.

If the raptors luck out in the Draft it's not unreasonable that they could be division winners for years. Don't know if I can say the same for the Blue Jays.

But I will say the Blue Jays currently have the most talent out of the 3 teams.

2009mvp
02-15-2012, 02:50 AM
Well the goal is to win a championship, right? It's pretty clear there's only one team in the city with a remote chance at that within the next 5 years, even if their road to the postseason is exponentially more difficult.

Vampirate
02-15-2012, 03:00 AM
Well the goal is to win a championship, right? It's pretty clear there's only one team in the city with a remote chance at that within the next 5 years, even if their road to the postseason is exponentially more difficult.

Wierd thing with the jays, they always seem to have that 1 player that keeps them from absolutely sucking. First it was Delgao, eventually he left then Roay Halladay Demerged becoming the best SP in the majors. The Halladay got traded, all seemed lost then suddenly boom, a guy by the name of jose Bautista comes out of nowhere and becomes a superstar being one of the if not the best hitter in the Majors.