PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban endorses Shawn Marion as DPOY Candidate

CudiOnMyiPod
02-14-2012, 01:31 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/218991/Cuban_Stumps_For_Marion_As_DPOY_Candidate

Real GM

Mark Cuban came out last night and said aside from Dwight Howard, Marion is the best defender in the league. Now of course after Howard, there are a few who can be named as the 2nd best defender (Iguodala, LeBron, T. Allen, Chandler) but I think so far this year, Marion has a very strong case for DPOY. He certainly is a lock for All NBA Defensive 1st team.

Marion locked down Chris Paul last night in the 4th quarter; where Paul usually takes over for LA.

Earlier in the year, Caron Butler was having a very hot stretch, Marion held Butler to 1-12 shooting for 2 points the entire game.

Against the Lakers, Kobe was scoreless the entire game that Marion guarded him (over half of Kobe's minutes)

Against the Celtics, he guarded Paul Pierce for the majority of the time but also guarded Allen a few times. For the first time in about 4 or 5 years, both Pierce and Allen failed to score in double digits. Pierce had 7 points on 2-5 shooting in 30 minutes and Allen had 9 points on 3-8 shooting in 33 minutes.

These are a few examples of Marion's defensive work this year.

I'm not taking anything away from Iggy who has looked like a top notch defensive player this year but Marion sure looks like a top candidate for DPOY so far.

king4day
02-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Sorry Cuban. He wasn't even considered as a Sun so it ain't happening with you.

Before people say the Suns didn't preach defense, he was still playing D for us and was our best defender. We thought he shoulda been in contention but never had a chance.

That said, if he did get it, I'd be pretty thrilled for him.

Kashmir13579
02-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Jared Jeffries anyone?

CudiOnMyiPod
02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
I guess this could kinda be a DPOY thread?

CB29
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
andre iguodala and dwight howard will compete for that award this year.

kdspurman
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Marion will never get it. A guy like Bowen never got it. It goes to whoever has the most blocks or steals. That's just how the league is. Kinda sucks. And it says aside from Dwight Howard, but he's not a great defender either. He's a great shot blocker. There's a big difference

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 03:23 PM
He's just trying to get someone to trade for his horrible contract. No way they get Deron and Dwight without trading Marion.

LTBaByyy
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
He will be on the All NBA Defensive 1st team, thats a lock.

But idk about the DPOY, the people saying no way in hell havent watched more than 2 Mavs games this year

LTBaByyy
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
He's just trying to get someone to trade for his horrible contract. No way they get Deron and Dwight without trading Marion.

What are you talking about? We have ton of cash and can amnesty Haywood and we have a Team option on Odom!

We can get Dwight Howard and Deron if they settle for 16 mil a year buddy

No one thought LBJ and Bosh would do that

kdspurman
02-14-2012, 03:33 PM
He will be on the All NBA Defensive 1st team, thats a lock.

But idk about the DPOY, the people saying no way in hell havent watched more than 2 Mavs games this year

Over Iggy? And over Lebron? lol I don't quite think it's a lock. And I don't even know who said there's now way in hell but in reality there isn't. But that's not because he's not deserving, it's because the league doesn't appreciate those kind of defenders. EX:, Bowen, Tony Allen, Artest

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 03:46 PM
What are you talking about? We have ton of cash and can amnesty Haywood and we have a Team option on Odom!

We can get Dwight Howard and Deron if they settle for 16 mil a year buddy

No one thought LBJ and Bosh would do that

Ken Berger broke it down pretty well Dallas doesn't have the cash to offer max deals EVEN if they trade Marion for capspace and under the new system they would be taking less years and way less money than the Miami Big-3. A big-3 forming in DAL has zero shot if they dont trade Marion.

kdspurman
02-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Ken Berger broke it down pretty well Dallas doesn't have the cash to offer max deals EVEN if they trade Marion for capspace and under the new system they would be taking less years and way less money than the Miami Big-3. A big-3 forming in DAL has zero shot if they dont trade Marion.

I think Dwight ends up in Brooklyn with Deron tbh...

UPRock
02-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Iguodala is going to win the award.

Ebbs
02-15-2012, 12:14 AM
He's playign top notch d. But he isn't a serious DPOY candidate. Although he is better now defensively than he was on the suns.

Raph12
02-15-2012, 01:53 AM
andre iguodala and dwight howard will compete for that award this year.

This.

If Dwight's traded midseason, I expect Iggy to win it.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Shawn Marion has guarded Ty Lawson tonight. Lawson is 1-8 from the field with 3 points.