PDA

View Full Version : So how long untill Thabeet replaces old dudes as the Bust Example

Hellcrooner
02-14-2012, 02:42 AM
People is still on Kwame and Darko, but obviously they have managed to have a LONG NBA Career, regardless if they were picked too soon and before better players were picked.

ON thabeet tough it may soon combine the facts of being out of the league AND having been picked before the Tyrekes, Currys, Rubios and Jennings of the world.

So.

How Long?

Tmath
02-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Who is Thabeet?

lakers4sho
02-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Roy hibbert?

NoahH
02-14-2012, 04:05 AM
He's so bad he's not even mentioned anymore

Sadds The Gr8
02-14-2012, 04:07 AM
everyone knew he would bust so it's not a surprise.

Fresno
02-14-2012, 04:09 AM
Its unlikely.

Kwame will forever be considered a bigger bust in NBA circles because he was drafted by Michael Jordan, & Jordan came out of retirement to play with him to make him a better player and he failed big time due to lack of skills and immaturity.

Same for Darko.

He's played 9 years in the NBA and will probably play 15 years when all is set & done, but he was drafted before Wade, Melo, & Bosh. 3 players who will define an era of NBA basketball.

abe_froman
02-14-2012, 04:12 AM
everyone knew he would bust so it's not a surprise.

this,kind of.he was taken high but many were saying he'd bust and it'd be a mistake even before the draft.

the one that doesnt get mentioned enough is marvin williams(though he's having a pretty ok year)being picked number 2 ,right before cp3 and deron

FrenchSunsFan
02-14-2012, 07:44 AM
He was bad in NCAA too , I remember he was killed by ...Harangody :)

Evolution23
02-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Thabeet had a reputation of being very very raw and not very developed at all. Kwame and Darco had a lot of potential coming in. Completely different scenarios.

tyfreaks brotha
02-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Is Thabust still even worth talking about? A lot of people thought he would be a bust from the begging including me

MrfadeawayJB
02-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Do we really have to bring up bad memories Crooner? lol

But in all seriousness Thabeet was a awful pick. However he was going to be taken quickley in the draft because you just never know with guys like him. Could turn into a great player, could be a bust. Thabeet was so awful he could not rebound, catch the ball on offense, or set good screens. The only good thing he could do was block and change shots.

LA_Raiders
02-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Who? Heck, I dont even know what team he plays for...

celtNYpatsHeels
02-14-2012, 12:29 PM
People is still on Kwame and Darko, but obviously they have managed to have a LONG NBA Career, regardless if they were picked too soon and before better players were picked.

ON thabeet tough it may soon combine the facts of being out of the league AND having been picked before the Tyrekes, Currys, Rubios and Jennings of the world.

So.

How Long?

All three are busts

Robbw241
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
hi Croondog

mnatiq
02-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Wasn't kwame considered the next jordan coming into the nba???

Thabeet wasn't.

Teeboy1487
02-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Roy hibbert?

:laugh2:

thunderforce
02-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Him and Oden .

lvlheaded
02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Kwame was supposed to be the next great player in the NBA. Everyone knew Thabeet could easily bust out. Kwame was supposed to be cant miss. Even though he has turned out to be an average player, he will forever be the bust we cling to as THE bust

JasonJohnHorn
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Kwambe has one up on Thabeet because he was drafted number one. Darko a little less, but part of Darko's infamy is the fact that he was drafted before Bosh, Melo and Wade.

Lets face it, Danny Ferry and Ed Obannon will not be remembered as busts the way a number one overall pick would be. Had Thabeet gone first, it would be a different story.

I for one hope the kid pans outs. He's got the physical gifts needed to win, but you have to have more than just the phsycial gifts. You need talent drive and work ethic. Lets hope this kid turns things around.

mRc08
02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
He's a beast in my NBA 2K12 for whatever thats worth lol

GiantsSwaGG
02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Who?

Raph12
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Darko will always be looked at as a huge bust because of the draft he was in; to think he was selected over guys like Wade, Melo, Bosh, etc is why he's such a big bust.

RickyRubio
02-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Ever since Thabeet got absolutely dominated by Dejuan Blair at Uconn I figured Thabeet would be a complete bust in the NBA .. he is honestly worse than Darko/Kwame but I doubt he ever gets as much **** as they have been getting for years

Gritz
02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Hashame Thabust

b@llhog24
02-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Kwambe has one up on Thabeet because he was drafted number one. Darko a little less, but part of Darko's infamy is the fact that he was drafted before Bosh, Melo and Wade.

Lets face it, Danny Ferry and Ed Obannon will not be remembered as busts the way a number one overall pick would be. Had Thabeet gone first, it would be a different story.

I for one hope the kid pans outs. He's got the physical gifts needed to win, but you have to have more than just the phsycial gifts. You need talent drive and work ethic. Lets hope this kid turns things around.

He needs a brain 1st.

kozelkid
02-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Never.

There was no reason of drafting him that high in the first place.

Memphis should be ridiculed for making a stupid selection, not Thabeet for simply not being talented or good enough to be a 2nd overall pick in the first place.

kozelkid
02-15-2012, 12:30 AM

But in all seriousness Thabeet was a awful pick. However he was going to be taken quickley in the draft because you just never know with guys like him. Could turn into a great player, could be a bust. Thabeet was so awful he could not rebound, catch the ball on offense, or set good screens. The only good thing he could do was block and change shots.

What do mean you never know about a guy like Thabeet?

Literally, all he could do was block shots. He was lucky he played in a defensive system made by Calhoun.

And yet, he was consistently dominated by other pro prospects in college. Hell, the guy might have and probably is a few years older than what we are aware of.

He didn't exactly have much more room to grow and was horrible in most facets of the game. Memphis try to play the biggest need card which is an awful decision at the 2nd overall pick and they got burned big time. You knew they didn't like the pick the moment they made it. It was a guard heavy draft and Memphis had no excuse trying to force themselves going by need instead of talent.

And this isn't the first time their management felt the need to draft by need instead of talent. Remember the Conley pick? Granted, he finally is playing up to standards, but that was another case of a major reach.

thekmp211
02-15-2012, 12:34 AM
man at least kwame and darko gave us the opportunity to make fun of their terrible nba play. thabeet can't even get here. he's like a nikolo skitishvili.

Ebbs
02-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Brown and Darko still feel like bigger busts IMO

SportsAndrew25
02-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Haseem Thabeet and various other peoples.........

young eastwood
02-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Is he really a bust or just a dumb pick? Did anyone really expect much out of him? Its like when Atlanta drafted Sheldon Williams. It never made sense from day 1.

sunsfan88
02-15-2012, 03:19 AM

Hell that's a lot more than Robin Lopez does for us. Only good thing about Lopez is that he makes people laugh with his occasional temper tantrums.

MGB
02-15-2012, 03:34 AM
croooooooooooooooooooon

BlinkManJan02
02-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Greg Oden is right up there too. He looked 40 when he was drafted, that's beside the point though.

broncosfan4eva
02-15-2012, 04:59 AM
The reason darko and kwame get the bust title is because they r still getting playing time and when u see them ur like wow!! its the bust
unlike thaabet's case u don't hear or see him anymore

abe_froman
02-15-2012, 05:16 AM
The reason darko and kwame get the bust title is because they r still getting playing time and when u see them ur like wow!! its the bust
unlike thaabet's case u don't hear or see him anymore

no,the reason is because of where they were drafted and who was behind them.'09 hasnt seen an all star or seasonal award nod(except roy)come for 3-14 of that draft ,unlike darko.and brown just became such a big media story(mostly cuz it involved mj).thabeet even before the draft had the tag by everyone that he has high bust potential and memphis was making a mistake,but were still gonna do it even knowing that

Hellcrooner
02-15-2012, 10:20 AM
no,the reason is because of where they were drafted and who was behind them.'09 hasnt seen an all star or seasonal award nod(except roy)come for 3-14 of that draft ,unlike darko.and brown just became such a big media story(mostly cuz it involved mj).thabeet even before the draft had the tag by everyone that he has high bust potential and memphis was making a mistake,but were still gonna do it even knowing that

You know that 09 is the first class ever that has a chance to have 3 rookie of the year awards, do you?

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Croonie, I can't make any sense from the title of your thread! :laugh2:

Grifftiggs
02-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Oden is injured, he cant be compared to H.T.. He just doesnt play, but when he did, he was decent.

PhillyBoomerang
02-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Funny I was actually hoping this guy would turn out to be the Dikembe of our generation, He played great at Uconn getting big block numbers as well as good scoring and rebounding, hes still 7'3 very raw player.. but with all the players Memphis pass up on this is already a huge bust, trading him for Shane Battier rental is not what you expect from the guy picked after Blake Griffin. Another Center Bust

MrfadeawayJB
02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
What do mean you never know about a guy like Thabeet?

Literally, all he could do was block shots. He was lucky he played in a defensive system made by Calhoun.

And yet, he was consistently dominated by other pro prospects in college. Hell, the guy might have and probably is a few years older than what we are aware of.

He didn't exactly have much more room to grow and was horrible in most facets of the game. Memphis try to play the biggest need card which is an awful decision at the 2nd overall pick and they got burned big time. You knew they didn't like the pick the moment they made it. It was a guard heavy draft and Memphis had no excuse trying to force themselves going by need instead of talent.

And this isn't the first time their management felt the need to draft by need instead of talent. Remember the Conley pick? Granted, he finally is playing up to standards, but that was another case of a major reach.

I meant he is a elite shot blocker at the college level, and it translated ok to the NBA level. I expected him to get 10 reb a game in good minutes just based on his height. What i didnt expect is a bad rebounder who mistimes shot blocks and gets in early foul trouble. I also expected him to catch the ball once in a while and get easy dunks, but he couldnt even do that. If he could even catch the ball and stay out of foul trouble, he could easily be a 10 pts 10 reb and 4 blk a game guy.

Hell that's a lot more than Robin Lopez does for us. Only good thing about Lopez is that he makes people laugh with his occasional temper tantrums.

:laugh:

Funny I was actually hoping this guy would turn out to be the Dikembe of our generation, He played great at Uconn getting big block numbers as well as good scoring and rebounding, hes still 7'3 very raw player.. but with all the players Memphis pass up on this is already a huge bust, trading him for Shane Battier rental is not what you expect from the guy picked after Blake Griffin. Another Center Bust

I was hoping for Dikembe like career for him as well.

SteveNash
02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Fran Vázquez is a bigger bust than Thabeet.

Draft a player, then find out he is too scared to play in the NBA.