PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons: Deron going to Dallas this summer

Punk
02-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Nobody feels sorry for [Deron Williams] because he ruined the last year of Jerry Sloan's career, and for that he remains in NBA Purgatory - at least until he signs with Dallas this summer. We're all supposed to pretend this might not happen even though it's a bigger summer lock than Michael Phelps winning a gold medal. I haven't talked to one person "In the Know" who isn't 100 percent convinced that Dallas is getting him. But let's all keep pretending this isn't true.

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-mavericks/2012/2/10/2791048/bill-simmons-deron-williams-dallas-mavericks-rumors

So, I'm just going to put two and two together. If Orlando gives Dwight March 1st like rumored to make up his mind and he decides to stay, I'm guessing Deron is going to officially head to Dallas in the summer.

Corey
02-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Bill Simmons is a source since when?

FriedTofuz
02-14-2012, 02:46 AM
whos simmonds?

shep33
02-14-2012, 02:52 AM
Bill Simmons the insider? Wowzers. He won't move though until the D12 situation gets figured out. If Howard signs an extension with the Magic (unlikely), then Deron probably goes to a team on his list... probably the Lakers since they can give up a nice package for him. Or whoever is on his "list" . No way NJ walks away empty handed if D12 signs or is traded somewhere else

I don't see him leaving NJ though. I think Howard ends up there with Deron

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Then Simmons knows something in relation to a Dwight to the Lakers deal, which is also why our front office has been standstill in making moves for a point guard (using TPE and 1st rounders) because of the fact that those very same assets of TPE and the pair of first rounders with Bynum + fillers can land us Dwight + fillers (one of those fillers like Nelson will absorb that TPE, but per CBA, will be done via a separate deal).

Therefore, Lakers front office just has to wait for this ****** All-star game in Orlando to be done with (for Otis Smith, the owner and Stern to save face) and wait for the March 1st date of where free agents signed in the offseason can be traded (guys like Murphy/McRoberts/Kapono of the Lakers and Big Baby Davis of Orlando via that Brandon Bass S&T from Boston can be just some of the fillers).

Simmons probably knows the inside outs of all this trade talk and is probably certain that Dwight will be a Laker come March.

LTBaByyy
02-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Deron and Dwight will settle for $15 mil a year with Dallas next year

Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
Dirk
Dwight Howard

If Carter and Marion were in their prime, that's the Starting All Star team for the West next year

Baller1
02-14-2012, 03:33 AM

Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
Dirk
Dwight Howard

If Carter and Marion were in their prime, that's the Starting All Star team for the West next year

Dirk shouldn't even be in the all-star game this season. So that last statement makes zero sense.

HouRealCoach
02-14-2012, 03:36 AM

Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
Dirk
Dwight Howard

Yeah if Kobe and Chris Paul were injured...

& I hate how people always make up lies about Deron Williams smh

LTBaByyy
02-14-2012, 03:39 AM
Dirk shouldn't even be in the all-star game this season. So that last statement makes zero sense.

Dirk still has better stats than 4 other all stars so get over it

He will still be All NBA 2nd team and you will still cry

numba1CHANGsta
02-14-2012, 03:55 AM
Lin>>>>>D-Will

NoahH
02-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Why would deron Williams even want to go to Dallas. The team would fall apart around him. Kidd, carter, odom, nowitzki, marion, haywood and terry are all either past their prime or about to retire.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-14-2012, 04:07 AM
How is Dallas attractive to any free agent anymore? Yeah Deron is from Dallas but besides that they don't have much to be excited about in the future. There team is very old, Dirk has obviously lost a step, and They're still tied up in quite a bit of money. I understand the city and Cuban are appealing but not more than LA or Brooklyn would be.

naps
02-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Dallas is full of dinosaurs. Only way Deron to Dallas makes sense if Dwight also goes there. Almost everyone on Dallas roster are near the end of their careers.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Do they even have cap space for it?

NYYCowboys
02-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Eh who cares about Deron. So anyone hear about that guy Jeremy Lin? Apparently he's not bad... ;)

seikou8
02-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Eh who cares about Deron. So anyone hear about that guy Jeremy Lin? Apparently he's not bad... ;)

yeah that guy is almost as good as tebow ;)

davids22
02-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Honestly Dwight needs to go to San Antonio and buy into Pop's system. He'd be such a defensive stud there. Plus TD is probably the most intelligent big man ever and would be a great mentor for Dwight... get rid of that primadonna attitude he has. TD and Manu are old, but they would contend for at least 2 years. Tony Parker would be with him for the long haul, and if they could pick up a couple shooters, who knows.

I'm serious too. They have the cap space.

Ebbs
02-14-2012, 04:37 AM
This will happen. It looks more likely everyday

Sixerlover
02-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Why would deron Williams even want to go to Dallas. The team would fall apart around him. Kidd, carter, odom, nowitzki, marion, haywood and terry are all either past their prime or about to retire.

Go back home, max contract in Texas (so much more bang for your buck down there as opposed to up here), play with Dirk, take the chance to play with Dwight + Dirk as opposed to Dwight + Humphries in Brooklyn.

I understand the move from a personal aspect, and basketball wise he's still going to be playing with at least 1 top 10 player possibly two if the Dwight move works.

bholly
02-14-2012, 06:14 AM

Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
Dirk
Dwight Howard

Over a 4-year contract, settling for $15m costs Deron ~$9.3 and Dwight ~$16.2m. It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Moving Marion and offering maximums is their best bet.

abe_froman
02-14-2012, 06:30 AM
they have capspace to sign him and maybe more,its his home,big market,has no tax,an owner who's known to spoil his players and track record spend/do anything to compete.

the question when talking of dallas is more,why wouldnt anyone want to go there

Evolution23
02-14-2012, 08:09 AM
This move makes more sense than the Nets or the Lakers

Kay-Gee
02-14-2012, 08:32 AM
While a lot of their players are past their prime I think a guy like Cuban, who will try anything and everything to put a contender on the court, plays a big part in Deron coming to Dallas. My prediction in terms of this years free agency has always been Deron going to Dallas and Dwight Howard staying put in Orlando.

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Dallas is full of dinosaurs. Only way Deron to Dallas makes sense if Dwight also goes there. Almost everyone on Dallas roster are near the end of their careers.

Exactly if the Nets wanted to they could have wasted their cap and signed a bunch of average guys and had middle of the pack team for D-Will but no they signed one year deals to land Dwight. As far as that is concerned it seems like a good chance the Nets can still pair them up.

The Nets will have a ton of cap space too to build around D-Will. Even without Dwight to the Nets they can build a solid squad around D-Will/Brooks/Lopez/a top pick and a ton of cap space.

D-Will knows this losing isn't gonna last, I know he signed off on this 1 year rental thing to go for Dwight. It's just that they are destroyed by injuries and it's taking it's toll. After this year they'll either have Dwight or go out and spend so money to keep him.

M.V.W.
02-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Go back home, max contract in Texas (so much more bang for your buck down there as opposed to up here), play with Dirk, take the chance to play with Dwight + Dirk as opposed to Dwight + Humphries in Brooklyn.

I understand the move from a personnel aspect, and basketball wise he's still going to be playing with at least 1 top 10 player possibly two if the Dwight move works.

How would they move Lopez?

lvlheaded
02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Ive actually thought from the getgo that if NJ could not get a deal for Dwight done before the deadline that Deron and him would team up elsewhere, and Dallas apparently is that elsewhere. I still fully believe that the Nets will find a way to trade for Dwight, but it will be an interesting summer if they dont.

I wish Dwight would go to SA. They are constantly winning and they are IMO a model franchise. If Dwight really wants people to believe hes all about winning, that's where you go.

Jint.
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Deron to Dallas makes sense..

Algmuskrats
02-14-2012, 11:56 AM

This.

jkiddvc20
02-14-2012, 11:59 AM
This article is complete ********..This thread should honestly be closed..

gwrighter
02-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Everybody on Dallas is too old. The easiest way to win a championship is to set yourself up with the largest window. I doubt Dallas is that team without Dwight.

Sixerlover
02-14-2012, 12:02 PM
How would they move Lopez?

talking about Jersey?

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Wade was from CHI and we know how the 2012 FA went

latinofire21
02-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Honestly Dwight needs to go to San Antonio and buy into Pop's system. He'd be such a defensive stud there. Plus TD is probably the most intelligent big man ever and would be a great mentor for Dwight... get rid of that primadonna attitude he has. TD and Manu are old, but they would contend for at least 2 years. Tony Parker would be with him for the long haul, and if they could pick up a couple shooters, who knows.

I agree completely. I think the Spurs should go for dwight and Wilson Chandler and they would be set to make a run for a couple more years.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 12:24 PM
I personally love how this is shaping up for the Nets.

Dwight last night flirted with the ORL Magic saying he wants to lead them to a championship and making them think they can keep him. His intentions are pretty clear actually.. the Nets look like they will miss the playoffs and even he might not be able to change that at this point.

So instead of doing what Melo did and forcing a trade he will allow the Nets to keep everything and sign him in the summer with a lottery pick and another high pick, all in the deep 2012 draft :speechless:

Hoping the Nets tank this season away cuz depending on how this draft shapes up they could walk away with a couple of stars on draft night to go with Dwight, Deron, Lopez, and MarShon

M.V.W.
02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
talking about jersey?

Yep!

llemon
02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
I personally love how this is shaping up for the Nets.

Dwight last night flirted with the ORL Magic saying he wants to lead them to a championship and making them think they can keep him. His intentions are pretty clear actually.. the Nets look like they will miss the playoffs and even he might not be able to change that at this point.

So instead of doing what Melo did and forcing a trade he will allow the Nets to keep everything and sign him in the summer with two lottery picks in 2012 :speechless:

Hoping the Nets tank this season away cuz depending on how this draft shapes up they could walk away with a couple of stars on draft night to go with Dwight, Deron, Lopez, and MarShon

Nets have one lottery pick in 2012

LongIslandIcedZ
02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
If this is true, which is a huge if, is a major blow for the Nets. If they lose Williams, I dont see them able to sign Dwight, in which case they move into Brooklyn with zero bonafide stars. Yea they will look ok for the future with lottery picks, Brooks, and Lopez, but this certainly isnt what they had in mind.

However, while this guy is more credible than any of us, he certainly isnt gospel, gonna have to wait for this to unfold.

fadedmario
02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
If this happens - the Nets will be the WORST team in NBA history next year. I'm talking 5 wins tops.

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 12:51 PM
If this happens - the Nets will be the WORST team in NBA history next year. I'm talking 5 wins tops.

They'll have like 40 mill dollars to spend if they lose D-Will. I think they sign some people.

:facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
02-14-2012, 12:55 PM
I think he's going there too.

fadedmario
02-14-2012, 12:57 PM
They'll have like 40 mill dollars to spend if they lose D-Will. I think they sign some people.

Who?

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 12:59 PM

I understand the move from a personal aspect, and basketball wise he's still going to be playing with at least 1 top 10 player possibly two if the Dwight move works.

:laugh2: You say that like the Nets wouldnt be keeping Lopez and MarShon Brooks in that scenario and like they arent on pace to finish with a bottom record in the league therefore a top pick along with another early first rounder all in the best draft since 03.

According to Broussard, while Dallas is indeed attractive to Deron.. Brooklyn remains Deron's top choice. Brooklyn is also where Dwight wants to be.

Why would that change in the summer when their team could potentially look like this:

PG: Deron Williams, Gaines
SG: Anthony Morrow, MarShon Brooks
SF: Perry Jones, Shawne Williams
PF: Brook Lopez, John Henson, Jordan Williams
C: Dwight Howard, Shelden Williams, Johan Petro

Anyone that follows college ball as well as NBA will tell you that team is scary.

Thats about what they would be working with... assuming they move Farmar while his value is high to make cap space and thats being conservative on the picks too.. who knows if they will get a higher one.

Thats also not taking into account the various vets that would be available. Garnett, Allen, Kidd etc.

Brooklyn would never look better.

So like i said.. let ORL be stupid enough to keep Dwight past deadline; it would only be a Net gain.

Robbw241
02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Bill Simmons? Haha. He may go to Dallas, but please Simmons give me a break

BGeer091
02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I think Williams will end up going to Dallas. Also the Howard to S.A idea would be so awesome. I'd love to see Duncan and Howard together.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Nets have one lottery pick in 2012

sorry.. meant a lottery pick and a high first rounder from HOU which as of now we are projected to have

benzni
02-14-2012, 01:03 PM

I would go 3

lvlheaded
02-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Thats the problem for the Nets. If they dont get Dwight and keep Deron, they are gonna be in serious serious trouble. They can have all the cap space they want but unless they give out absolutely terrible contracts, players are not gonna sign on there to play with Lopez and Brooks just cause they are moving to a new arena.

On top of it, anyone who thinks the Magic keep Dwight without an extension is delusional. Unless Dwight signs on the dotted line BEFORE the deadline, or at least agrees too, the Magic are going to trade him for the best offer. It is very unlikely Dwight ever sees FA this summer. And if he does, it only works in the Mavs favor, as they will have the money for him and D-Will, while offering up a big market, Dirk, a solid supporting cast, and an owner constantly willing to spend. If the Nets wanna get these two players together, they have to make a deal for Dwight at the deadline. Otherwise they are setting themselves up for potential disaster.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 01:07 PM

Like? Assuming that Deron decided to go to Dallas (this wont happen), who would sign with the Nets unless they overpay?

At ease thou.. Dwight and Deron will be opening Barclays this October. Its becoming more clear everyday.

carruthers32
02-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Lin>>>>>D-Will

please tell me your joking...

LongIslandIcedZ
02-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Like? Assuming that Deron decided to go to Dallas (this wont happen), who would sign with the Nets unless they overpay?

At ease thou.. Dwight and Deron will be opening Barclays this October. Its becoming more clear everyday.

Whatever helps you sleep at night lol

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Thats the problem for the Nets. If they dont get Dwight and keep Deron, they are gonna be in serious serious trouble. They can have all the cap space they want but unless they give out absolutely terrible contracts, players are not gonna sign on there to play with Lopez and Brooks just cause they are moving to a new arena.

On top of it, anyone who thinks the Magic keep Dwight without an extension is delusional. Unless Dwight signs on the dotted line BEFORE the deadline, or at least agrees too, the Magic are going to trade him for the best offer. It is very unlikely Dwight ever sees FA this summer. And if he does, it only works in the Mavs favor, as they will have the money for him and D-Will, while offering up a big market, Dirk, a solid supporting cast, and an owner constantly willing to spend. If the Nets wanna get these two players together, they have to make a deal for Dwight at the deadline. Otherwise they are setting themselves up for potential disaster.

Read post #42

Dallas offers neither Deron OR Dwight anything more than a hopeful championship that rests on how well Dirk is aging for the next 3 years.

Brooklyn is there top choice now and there is no reason that would change in the summer when they are in a position to be stronger than they ever would have been had they traded for Dwight.

The Nets COULD have signed Nene or Chandler but they called Orlando's bluff all with the approval of Deron (who is after all the one calling the shots) and now ORL is backed against a wall.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night lol

:clap: You sir are so clever! That was such a funny retort! :laugh2: I must bow to your originality and wittiness in putting forth such a unique comment! It definitely beats arguing a point and discussing the reasons you disagree. :worthy: Please teach me to be an awesome poster like you.

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 01:19 PM
:laugh2: You say that like the Nets wouldnt be keeping Lopez and MarShon Brooks in that scenario and like they arent on pace to finish with a bottom record in the league therefore a top pick along with another early first rounder all in the best draft since 03.

According to Broussard, while Dallas is indeed attractive to Deron.. Brooklyn remains Deron's top choice. Brooklyn is also where Dwight wants to be.

Why would that change in the summer when their team could potentially look like this:

Anyone that follows college ball as well as NBA will tell you that team is scary.

Thats about what they would be working with... assuming they move Farmar while his value is high to make cap space and thats being conservative on the picks too.. who knows if they will get a higher one.

Thats also not taking into account the various vets that would be available. Garnett, Allen, Kidd etc.

So like i said.. let ORL be stupid enough to keep Dwight past deadline; it would only be a Net gain.

LMFAO you do know there is a cap limit right?

oak2455
02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
The funny thing is no one knows .....nobody:D... Until I hear D12 saying "I'm a Net" or "a Mav" or even "a Laker" or even "a Bull" this is all BLAH BLAH BLAAAAHHH....:)

Gritz
02-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Bill Simmons would be credible if this was the Chappelle skit "Ask a gay dude"

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
LMFAO you do know there is a cap limit right?

and? Lopez is a restricted FA and the rest are on rookie contracts except for Shelden and Johan.. so they can go over the cap to sign Lopez if thats what you are referring to.

leftymo
02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Deron to Dallas makes the most sense...

they like dealing with PG's that play for the Nets. joking aside, they typically have the resources to get a good PG, plus he's from dallas, plus dallas has a lot of money to offer. I can see that happening. Right now I'd say Dallas is the leading candidate for Deron.

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
and? Lopez is a restricted FA and the rest are on rookie contracts except for Shelden and Johan.. so they can go over the cap to sign Lopez if thats what you are referring to.

I meant the other Vets you mentioned. Brooklyn would be right at the cap with the Mavs if both Deron and D12 would be acquired.

Da Knicks
02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
scary thought for the nets after they let go of so many picks and pieces!

thekmp211
02-14-2012, 01:48 PM

whos simmonds?

Bill Simmons the insider? Wowzers. He won't move though until the D12 situation gets figured out. If Howard signs an extension with the Magic (unlikely), then Deron probably goes to a team on his list... probably the Lakers since they can give up a nice package for him. Or whoever is on his "list" . No way NJ walks away empty handed if D12 signs or is traded somewhere else

I don't see him leaving NJ though. I think Howard ends up there with Deron

you guys might not like him, but he is absolutely in the know. get over it. he was calling the lockout verbatim two years ago, the first big journalist to take the threat seriously in print.

i understand simmons is polarizing but honestly folks...

it makes sense. i don't see the nets materializing if it hasn't happened already..

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
I meant the other Vets you mentioned. Brooklyn would be right at the cap with the Mavs if both Deron and D12 would be acquired.

I never claimed we would sign them. I said they were out there and you never know who would be willing to take the vets min to play for a contender. The only sure thing if Dwight goes to FA as far as the Nets go is this...

Basically it works like this
For Lopez (as well as Hump and Stevenson, etc.) there are cap holds until the Nets renounce the playerís rights. Lopezís cap hold is $7.5 million, way below what he will earn in free agency so itís a blessing for the Nets.

For the Nets to retain Williams, Lopez, and to add Howard hereís how it would have to work:

$36.5 million for Howard and Williams + $7.5 million for Lopez cap hold = $44 million

Contracts of Morrow, Farmar (player option), Petro and Shawne Williams = $14.43 million

Contracts for Jordan Williams and Marshon Brooks = aprox. $2 million

Cap hold for rookie contract conservatively estimated at $3.5 million.

Thatís about $64 million. This yearís cap is $58 million so that doesnít work. You would have to trade at least two of the Shawne, Amo, Petro, Farmar group for expiring contracts. Even then itís a little more complex.

Nets would then be able to sign Brook Lopez after they went over the cap but would be close to luxury tax.

I the Nets can move Farmar and throw cash at a team to take Petro, they will have the money for Howard, Deron, MarShon, Lopez AND their 2012 draft picks.. plus Morrow, Jordan Williams, Shawne Williams, etc.

That guaranteed team is much more promising that Deron and Dwight taking paycuts to play with old Dirk who looks done and a bunch of question marks.

That being said who is to say that Ray Allen wouldnt take the vets min to play in Brooklyn wit that team headlined by Dwight and Deron? What about Garnett? JKidd?

Dallas offers nothing and this is coming from guy that not so long ago was terrified of them as far as stealing Deron and Dwight.

ORL better not be stupid and better trade Dwight while they can

NYYCowboys
02-14-2012, 02:02 PM
How's everyone doing on this Va-LIN-tine's day?

kozelkid
02-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Then you need to follow college basketball more if you think THAT highly of Perry Jones III. :laugh2:

Typical, overrated, lazy athlete that is unbelievably, physically gifted who will struggle finding his role in the NBA and will be drafted early because of his "potential", that will be useless in a league with other great players unless he finds a way to develop it. Unfortunately, 90% of the time, such players fail big time. No reason to think Perry Jones will be the exception when you factor in his mediocre work ethic or effort on the floor.

And if you're going to try to play Lopez at the PF, good luck with the slowest team in the league.

Not to mention I'd be shocked if Henson will be available with the Hou pick.

If Nets get a top 5 pick, they'd be crazy to be considering PJIII over the likes of Brad Beal, Barnes (or Sullinger, or MGC one should make it to 5th). Hell, I'd take Zeller, Lamb or Robinson over PJIII as well.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM
I never claimed we would sign them. I said they were out there and you never know who would be willing to take the vets min to play for a contender. The only sure thing if Dwight goes to FA as far as the Nets go is this...

For Lopez (as well as Hump and Stevenson, etc.) there are cap holds until the Nets renounce the playerís rights. Lopezís cap hold is $7.5 million, way below what he will earn in free agency so itís a blessing for the Nets.

For the Nets to retain Williams, Lopez, and to add Howard hereís how it would have to work:

$36.5 million for Howard and Williams + $7.5 million for Lopez cap hold = $44 million

Contracts of Morrow, Farmar (player option), Petro and Shawne Williams = $14.43 million

Thatís about $64 million. This yearís cap is $58 million so that doesnít work. You would have to trade at least two of the Shawne, Amo, Petro, Farmar group for expiring contracts. Even then itís a little more complex.

Nets would then be able to sign Brook Lopez after they went over the cap but would be close to luxury tax.

I the Nets can move Farmar and throw cash at a team to take Petro, they will have the money for Howard, Deron, MarShon, Lopez AND their 2012 draft picks.. plus Morrow, Jordan Williams, Shawne Williams, etc.

That guaranteed team is much more promising that Deron and Dwight taking paycuts to play with old Dirk who looks done and a bunch of question marks.

That being said who is to say that Ray Allen wouldnt take the vets min to play in Brooklyn wit that team headlined by Dwight and Deron? What about Garnett? JKidd?

Dallas offers nothing and this is coming from guy that not so long ago was terrified of them as far as stealing Deron and Dwight.

Are Howard and Williams taking paycuts??

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 02:23 PM

For Lopez (as well as Hump and Stevenson, etc.) there are cap holds until the Nets renounce the player’s rights. Lopez’s cap hold is $7.5 million, way below what he will earn in free agency so it’s a blessing for the Nets.

For the Nets to retain Williams, Lopez, and to add Howard here’s how it would have to work:

That’s about $64 million. This year’s cap is $58 million so that doesn’t work. You would have to trade at least two of the Shawne, Amo, Petro, Farmar group for expiring contracts. Even then it’s a little more complex.

Offers nothing? Really? How about 2010-2011 Finals MVP? What about a decade of 50+ wins and contention, even this year while preparing for free agency in 2012-2013. Cuban.

Blowood will be amnestied, Marion is playing for DPOY which will soon be trade with either D.Jones and/or Roddy. That's enough for max on Deron and Dwight. Now who is to say that Dirk won't take a pay cut to get better talent when he so said he would a couple of years ago. You apparently assume that Deron & D12 will take pay cuts, if so then that's more money to spend for the Mavs.

Dirk, Deron, Dwight + veterans, scrubs, and rookies. Its the Miami Heat all over again. How long did it took them to reach the Finals since joining? That is of course without basketball's most important positions, C and PG.

Like any other idea, everything is subject to opinion. So while I think that joining Dirk and becoming another Miami Heat team would be the best due to their high success last year and this year too, you might think otherwise.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Then you need to follow college basketball more if you think THAT highly of Perry Jones III. :laugh2:

Typical, overrated, lazy athlete that is unbelievably, physically gifted who will struggle finding his role in the NBA and will be drafted early because of his "potential", that will be useless in a league with other great players unless he finds a way to develop it. Unfortunately, 90% of the time, such players fail big time. No reason to think Perry Jones will be the exception when you factor in his mediocre work ethic or effort on the floor.

And if you're going to try to play Lopez at the PF, good luck with the slowest team in the league.

Not to mention I'd be shocked if Henson will be available with the Hou pick.

If Nets get a top 5 pick, they'd be crazy to be considering PJIII over the likes of Brad Beal, Barnes (or Sullinger, or MGC one should make it to 5th). Hell, I'd take Zeller, Lamb or Robinson over PJIII as well.

Eh.. i was being conservative with picks.. i agree on Jones btw.. i was just working with the assumption of a #8-10 pick..

I fully expect that if the Nets dont get Dwight at the deadline they will mail it in and tank it thou. No reason to risk injury in this crazy season when they would be playing for next year anyway.

In which case i expect a top 5 pick for them which would put them in the Harrison Barnes range depending on who drafts ahead of them but there is also Drummond, Moltrie who i really like... Gilchrist looks like a Gerald Wallace in the making...

With Rockets pick i dont like none of the guards in that range so maybe trade up for a guy like Henson or combine it with the top 5 pick to get a little higher? IDK this is all speculation but point is there is no denying that Dallas doesnt hold a candle to Brookyln this summer.. ESPECIALLY since we are already the preferred destination for BOTH Deron and Dwight..

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Offers nothing? Really? How about 2010-2011 Finals MVP? What about a decade of 50+ wins and contention, even this year while preparing for free agency in 2012-2013. Cuban.

Blowood will be amnestied, Marion is playing for DPOY which will soon be trade with either D.Jones and/or Roddy. That's enough for max on Deron and Dwight. Now who is to say that Dirk won't take a pay cut to get better talent when he so said he would a couple of years ago. You apparently assume that Deron & D12 will take pay cuts, if so then that's more money to spend for the Mavs.

Dirk, Deron, Dwight + veterans, scrubs, and rookies. Its the Miami Heat all over again. How long did it took them to reach the Finals since joining? That is of course without basketball's most important positions, C and PG.

Like any other idea, everything is subject to opinion. So while I think that joining Dirk and becoming another Miami Heat team would be the best due to their high success last year and this year too, you might think otherwise.

Thats making too many assumptions. With the Brooklyn Nets.. who are ALREADY Deron's and Dwight's preferred destination (which ppl keep ignoring) nobody would have to take any paycuts and the roster would be built around them to win for the rest of their careers.

Dirk, Deron, and Dwight+ vets, scrubs, and late first rounder rooks vs Deron, Dwight, Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Morrow, top 5-6 pick in 2012, HOU #15-16 pick, Vets

And thats all assuming you can trade Marion. Just cuz that idiot Cuban is marketing him for DPOY in hopes of increasing his trade value doesnt mean any team will be stupid enough to trade for him no matter how good he is defensively.

MU and UW Fan
02-14-2012, 02:54 PM

Deron Williams
Vince Carter
Shawn Marion
Dirk
Dwight Howard

You can play with the what if game all day long. What if the Lakers 2004 team had Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton all in their prime? The Boston Celtics last year with Shaq, Jermaine O'neal, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo, etc. yeah u can play that game all day. Back to reality now.

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Thats making too many assumptions. With the Brooklyn Nets.. who are ALREADY Deron's and Dwight's preferred destination (which ppl keep ignoring) nobody would have to take any paycuts and the roster would be built around them to win for the rest of their careers.

Dirk, Deron, and Dwight+ vets, scrubs, and late first rounder rooks vs Deron, Dwight, Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Morrow, top 5-6 pick in 2012, HOU #15-16 pick, Vets

And thats all assuming you can trade Marion. Just cuz that idiot Cuban is marketing him for DPOY in hopes of increasing his trade value doesnt mean any team will be stupid enough to trade for him no matter how good he is defensively.

Dwight and Deron also have Dallas as a destination. They could prefer it all they want in fact I don't really think it matters who they prefer, it all comes down to who they pick. Like I said everything is subject to opinion and while you think that two stars and rookies might be the way to go, I think that 3 stars is the quickest way towards a championship, evidence Heat.

Also remember that we are judging here quantity and quality. So while you are saying that is hard to trade for Marion, I could make the same uncertainty that Farmar won't be traded or that any of the picks the Nets get will be busts.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-14-2012, 03:05 PM
:clap: You sir are so clever! That was such a funny retort! :laugh2: I must bow to your originality and wittiness in putting forth such a unique comment! It definitely beats arguing a point and discussing the reasons you disagree. :worthy: Please teach me to be an awesome poster like you.

Which point are you trying to make? That Dwight and Deron's most preferred destination is New Jersey? Well you know what, I dont know that to be true and neither do you. You can believe sources all you want, but until one of them comes out and admits in person, then I will treat all as speculation. Yes there is an obvious possibility that they land together in NJ. But there also is a chance that Williams takes off at the end of the season and goes to Dallas. You need to stop acting like Deron and D12 are guarantee's to head to Brooklyn at the end of the year. I believe that multiple NJ Net fans were so excited around this time last year because they were getting Melo. Point is, you just dont know yet.

Also I took a rib at you, no need to get defensive, it wasnt malicious at all. I figured with all the Knick bashing you do, you wouldnt care.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Dwight and Deron also have Dallas as a destination. They could prefer it all they want in fact I don't really think it matters who they prefer, it all comes down to who they pick. Like I said everything is subject to opinion and while you think that two stars and rookies might be the way to go, I think that 3 stars is the quickest way towards a championship, evidence Heat.

Also remember that we are judging here quantity and quality. So while you are saying that is hard to trade for Marion, I could make the same uncertainty that Farmar won't be traded or that any of the picks the Nets get will be busts.

Really? The Heat have won a title? Cuz im pretty sure they were shut down by a team that bet them with depth and team play. I could be wrong

Furthermore.. Dallas is on the list.. but the Nets are at the top and that where Dwight demanded a trade to and they are reportedly the only team that has assurances that he will resign if traded there. On the otherside Deron has said that he is 90% sure he is returning to the Nets and told Broussard that the Nets are his preferred option.

Why would this change in the summer when the Nets would finally be in Brooklyn and be stronger than ever?

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Which point are you trying to make? That Dwight and Deron's most preferred destination is New Jersey? Well you know what, I dont know that to be true and neither do you. You can believe sources all you want, but until one of them comes out and admits in person, then I will treat all as speculation. Yes there is an obvious possibility that they land together in NJ. But there also is a chance that Williams takes off at the end of the season and goes to Dallas. You need to stop acting like Deron and D12 are guarantee's to head to Brooklyn at the end of the year. I believe that multiple NJ Net fans were so excited around this time last year because they were getting Melo. Point is, you just dont know yet.

Also I took a rib at you, no need to get defensive, it wasnt malicious at all. I figured with all the ******** Knick bashing you do, you wouldnt get so offended.

LMFAO!!1!!one!!

LTBaByyy
02-14-2012, 03:14 PM
If Dwight Howard is still a Magic after trade deadline, Deron and Dwight will be Mavericks

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 03:14 PM

Well we if they prefer Brooklyn why wouldn't they pick Brooklyn then?

Did I miss a Heat championship somewhere?

Look they may like Dallas if the whole Brooklyn thing somehow falls apart but what we do know is that they want to play together and Brooklyn/Dallas can both do that.

I just happen to think Brooklyn can put a much much better supporting cast around them for the present and the future. I think they both have Brooklyn as their #1 choice with Dallas being the fall back plan. Is it a lock, NO, not until they both put pen to paper but right now it's clear the Nets are in a very good position to have a combo of D-Will/Dwight opening the Barclay's Center in 2012.

Sinestro
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
For the Nets sake I hope they get Dwight and keep Deron but realistically I see the Mavs getting both, they have history, ownership, market and a star already in place who doesn't rely on athleticism

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM

Also I took a rib at you, no need to get defensive, it wasnt malicious at all. I figured with all the ******** Knick bashing you do, you wouldnt get so offended.

:laugh2: Somebody is in denial... when hundreds of corroborating reports and stories from respected journalists like Woj, Broussard (Nets hater), Berger, Stein, even Sheridan who hates the Nets with a passion, Stephen A Smith, Mark J Spears.. should i continue?

When you have that many people all with their own sources reporting that it is indeed the Nets atop Dwights list.. its no longer speculation kid. Its a foregone conclusion.

What more do you want? A wedding toast? :rimshot:

Who said i got offended? BTW me saying Melo is overrated and that Amare is untradable is not Knick bashing. Its the truth.

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Really? The Heat have won a title? Cuz im pretty sure they were shut down by a team that bet them with depth and team play. I could be wrong

Yea and NJ will have depth and team play the first year too right? Cause you know D12, Deron, and Lopez and the rooks have been playing secretly together. I mean that must be it.

They got shut down? What Finals were you watching? Those 6 games were the closest games I have ever seen in my life. The Mavs had to fight back from deficits in almost every game and if you don't think the Heat will reach the Finals again this year, you sir should watch more basketball.

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Bill Simmons isn't offering any inside info here he's just giving his opinion which is worth no more than any other fans perspective. He even says he spoke to a source who confirmed Deron to Dallas is far from a lock so I dont see this as news.

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
For the Nets sake I hope they get Dwight and keep Deron but realistically I see the Mavs getting both, they have history, ownership, market and a star already in place who doesn't rely on athleticism

Basically all of my posts arguing why D12 and Deron will go to Dallas in one. Dirk isn't getting smaller, he still is a 7ft fade away shooter.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
:laugh2: Somebody is in denial... when hundreds of corroborating reports and stories from respected journalists like Woj, Broussard (Nets hater), Berger, Stein, even Sheridan who hates the Nets with a passion, Stephen A Smith, Mark J Spears.. should i continue?

When you have that many people all with their own sources reporting that it is indeed the Nets atop Dwights list.. its no longer speculation kid. Its a foregone conclusion.

What more do you want? A wedding toast? :rimshot:

Who said i got offended? BTW me saying Melo is overrated and that Amare is untradable is not Knick bashing. Its the truth.

You and I both know you are not unbias when discussing the Knicks, to think otherwise would be foolish. It seems you didnt notice, but I said there was a possibility it could happen, and quite frankly, I would like it to. But even though the "reports" say that Dwight's top choice is NJ there are tons of "reports" that say that Dwight has a laundry list of teams he would go to. Chicago, Dallas, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, New York, I believe I saw some reports that said Golden State.

Let me stress again, I would like to see Dwight and Deron playing in Brooklyn. It would make for a great rivalry and I would love to be right in the heart of it.

Kid? Really? Judging by your grammar, I'm pretty sure your the kid here.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
If Dwight Howard is still a Magic after trade deadline, Deron and Dwight will be Mavericks

The lure of Brooklyn and playing with Deron there is the reason Dwight even has the Nets on his list.. unless you think its the Nets winning ways.

So answer me logically.. what could possibly change that would make this any different in the summer when the Nets would be as strong as they ever could be having kept all their assets?

Why would they pick Dallas then and why hasnt Dwight demanded a trade to Dallas when he has already demanded one to the Nets?

BradfordIsElite
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
I can't wait for Williams, regardless of the jersey color, to be playing with good players around him so he can get more of the respect that seems to have faded off a bit. He's a top 5 player in the East.
If he went to Dallas and lets say, hypothetically, the move rejuvinated Dirk to go for another ring, they'd be very, very, VERY scary.

jezzyman05
02-14-2012, 03:33 PM

One of the smartest posts I have read in a while.......very very true

If Dwight was smart he wouls choose the Spurs, because outside of Tim and Manu and RJ everyone on that team is under 30.....

If Dwight goes to San Antonio via free agent then the Spurs would win the next 2-3 titles....think about it Tim would give Dwight the help he needs on interior defense, Kawhi is a awesome preimeter defender (ask Durant how that went) Manu, and Neal are the sharp shooters and Tony is a top 5 PG and this year solidifys himself as such....but of course Dwight is not about winning he is about big lights and fame so he will pass on SA (like many have) only to regret it later (i.e. Jason Kidd, Derek Anderson, Cory Magette, etc.) honestly anyone can say what they want about the Nets and Mavericks but none of them are a better team than the Spurs..

Chill_Will_24
Yea and NJ will have depth and team play the first year too right? Cause you know D12, Deron, and Lopez and the rooks have been playing secretly together. I mean that must be it.

They got shut down? What Finals were you watching? Those 6 games were the closest games I have ever seen in my life. The Mavs had to fight back from deficits in almost every game and if you don't think the Heat will reach the Finals again this year, you sir should watch more basketball.

Did i say they wont reach the finals? You sir.. are looking mentally challenged. Your the one that brought up that the Heat have the map to the quickest championship road...

I just pointed out that they have yet to win.

As far as the Nets they certainly would have more depth and a better supporting cast than Dallas with Dirk and a bucket of hope

Lopez, MarShon, Morrow, top 5ish pick in 2012, top 16-17 pick in 2012, vets is a lot better than what Dallas would put around them. Why is this even a debate? Any idiot that knows the game can tell you that thats a hell of a lot more depth..

Also.. i would like to point out that Dwight is not just blowing smoke out of his *** when he says he wants to be THE man and lead his team. Dirk is the go to guy in DAL and always has been and as long as he is there it will always be Dirk. Dirk will also be the closer on that team. Just a side note for ya

ElChinoLatino
The lure of Brooklyn and playing with Deron there is the reason Dwight even has the Nets on his list.. unless you think its the Nets winning ways.

So answer me logically.. what could possibly change that would make this any different in the summer when the Nets would be as strong as they ever could be having kept all their assets?

Why would they pick Dallas then and why hasnt Dwight demanded a trade to Dallas when he has already demanded one to the Nets?

3 things. Dirk, Cuban, track record.

He has demanded a trade to all the teams on his list -____- Dallas just doesn't have the pieces to give the Magic a good trade. So, knowing that Dallas does not have enough pieces, why would he choose them?

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 03:37 PM

He has demanded a trade to all the teams on his list -____- Dallas just doesn't have the pieces to give the Magic a good trade. So, knowing that Dallas does not have enough pieces, why would he choose them?

Dwight hasn't demanded a trade to LA or DAL he has demanded to a trade to the Nets. LA and DAL are teams his agent is allowed to speak with but he never demanded a trade there.

jezzyman05
02-14-2012, 03:40 PM
I can't wait for Williams, regardless of the jersey color, to be playing with good players around him so he can get more of the respect that seems to have faded off a bit. He's a top 5 player in the East.
If he went to Dallas and lets say, hypothetically, the move rejuvinated Dirk to go for another ring, they'd be very, very, VERY scary.

Dwight will improve the team but make them into a championship team....noway! it would take Deron, Dwight and a few young pieces to make them a championship team

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Do the logical DAL fans realize that when the playoffs start next year Dirk will 35 years old. The future looks bleak in DAL. Dirk is basically a jump shooter at this point in his career and isn't getting younger. He hasn't shot this bad since his rookie year. Go ahead and blame it on injuries but that's what happens when you get old.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 03:45 PM
You and I both know you are not unbias when discussing the Knicks, to think otherwise would be foolish. It seems you didnt notice, but I said there was a possibility it could happen, and quite frankly, I would like it to. But even though the "reports" say that Dwight's top choice is NJ there are tons of "reports" that say that Dwight has a laundry list of teams he would go to. Chicago, Dallas, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, New York, I believe I saw some reports that said Golden State.

Let me stress again, I would like to see Dwight and Deron playing in Brooklyn. It would make for a great rivalry and I would love to be right in the heart of it.

Kid? Really? Judging by your grammar, I'm pretty sure your the kid here.

:laugh2: Seems to me like your picking and choosing which reports to believe instead of all of them. There have only been three teams that have been corroborated by most writers to be in Dwight's; NJ, DAL, and LA in that order. The rest was just speculation and wishful thinking by the media that would love to see a Rose and Howard pairing or a Howard to the Knicks story etc.

Dont try to backtrack. You said "whatever helps me sleep at night" correct? To which i replied sarcastically and you went on to say that there is a chance that DAL will get them yada yada yada...

Of course there is a chance... a slim one at best. Not only will they have to move Marion who i doubt can be moved but they also would have to pray that Dirk takes a pay cut..

You also argued that its just reports and speculation and nobody knows what Howard wants (which i find comical coming from a Knicks fan btw) to which i argued that there are too many writers and reporters confirming the Nets as Dwights top choice for this not to be a forgone conclusion.

Brookyn is the top choice for these two guys and Brooklyn will still be Brooklyn as far as i know when summer 2012 gets here so i dont see why they would change their minds and head for Dallas.

thekmp211
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
jesus guys this thread is a ****ing disaster. get a grip.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
LOL @ "the lure of playing in Brooklyn"

Just because you're team is leaving the swampy dumping ground called new jersey... doesn't mean its going to the most attractive place in the world. There is nothing "glamorous" about where this arena is being built.

No there wont be any Dwight Howard billboards in Times Square, they will be on Flatbush avenue.... yayyyyy

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 03:49 PM
^^ As a Knicks fan he should know how Nets fans feel. Eveyone knew the Nets had the better offer but Melo wanted NYK and look what happen. Dwight wants D-Will and Brooklyn so by one way or another it's gonna happen. A old Dirk and a crazy Cuban isn't changing that.

JOSKOMANG4
02-14-2012, 03:49 PM
They will not be able to obtain both in free agency. Marion or Haywood would have to be traded before the deadline!

What if....

Cavaliers acquire SF S.Marion, C B.Haywood, & '14 1st rd pick from Mavericks in exchange for PF A.Jamison!

Mavs Lineup:

C- Mahimni/Cardinal
PF- Dirk/Odom/S.Williams
SF- Jamison/Yi
SG- Terry/Carter/D.Jones
PG- Kidd/Beaubois/West

Cavs:

C-Haywood/Hollins/Erdan
PF-Varejao/T.Thompson/Samuels
SF- Marion/Casspi/Harangody
SG- Gibson/Parker/Gee
PG- Irving/Sessions/Uzoh

Benefits:

Mavericks: Acquire the expiring contract of A.Jamison; Next season the Mavericks go into Free agency with only 25.8 million. They would be able to offer both Deron Williams & Dwight Howard lucrative contracts(15mill per season!)

2012-2013 Mavs:

C- D12
PF- Dirk
SF- D.Jones
SG- Terry(MLE)
PG- D.Williams

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 03:50 PM

Just because you're team is leaving the swampy dumping ground called new jersey... doesn't mean its going to the most attractive place in the world. There is nothing "glamorous" about where this arena is being built.

No there wont be any Dwight Howard billboards in Times Square, they will be on Flatbush avenue.... yayyyyy

There won't?

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 03:52 PM

:laugh2: Track record means nothing so drop the ****. Why doesnt Dwight have BOS or the Bulls on his list? Why the Nets?

Dirk is on his last legs man and even on his last legs will be the man in Dallas. Dwight is already turned off by the Lakers cuz he wont be the man there and you think he would make an exception for the Mavs if he has the choice to be the man in Brooklyn?

Cuban? WTF? Prokhorov wipes his *** with more money than Cuban has :laugh2:

LongIslandIcedZ
02-14-2012, 03:53 PM
:laugh2: Seems to me like your picking and choosing which reports to believe instead of all of them. There have only been three teams that have been corroborated by most writers to be in Dwight's; NJ, DAL, and LA in that order. The rest was just speculation and wishful thinking by the media that would love to see a Rose and Howard pairing or a Howard to the Knicks story etc.

Dont try to backtrack. You said "whatever helps me sleep at night" correct? To which i replied sarcastically and you went on to say that there is a chance that DAL will get them yada yada yada...

Of course there is a chance... a slim one at best. Not only will they have to move Marion who i doubt can be moved but they also would have to pray that Dirk takes a pay cut..

You also argued that its just reports and speculation and nobody knows what Howard wants (which i find comical coming from a Knicks fan btw) to which i argued that there are too many writers and reporters confirming the Nets as Dwights top choice for this not to be a forgone conclusion.

Brookyn is the top choice for these two guys and Brooklyn will still be Brooklyn as far as i know when summer 2012 gets here so i dont see why they would change their minds and head for Dallas.

What I am saying is to consider to Dwight and Deron a forgone conclusion a NJ, just because of reports is foolish in my opinion. Reports said the Yankees were getting Cliff Lee, Nationals were getting Prince Fielder. Not many reports said Lebron was going to the Heat. I'm not sure what you find comical about me being a Knick fan as I'm one of the more level headed fans on these forums, and very rarely do I take reports to be true.

I dont want to sound like a hater, because quite honestly, I could see myself rooting for the Nets after they move. As a family friend of PJ carlesimo and a fan of almost all NY teams, I will certainly root for their success when not playing the Knicks.

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 03:53 PM
They will not be able to obtain both in free agency. Marion or Haywood would have to be traded before the deadline!

What if....

Cavaliers acquire SF S.Marion, C B.Haywood, & '14 1st rd pick from Mavericks in exchange for PF A.Jamison!

Mavs Lineup:

C- Mahimni/Cardinal
PF- Dirk/Odom/S.Williams
SF- Jamison/Yi
SG- Terry/Carter/D.Jones
PG- Kidd/Beaubois/West

Cavs:

C-Haywood/Hollins/Erdan
PF-Varejao/T.Thompson/Samuels
SF- Marion/Casspi/Harangody
SG- Gibson/Parker/Gee
PG- Irving/Sessions/Uzoh

Benefits:

Mavericks: Acquire the expiring contract of A.Jamison; Next season the Mavericks go into Free agency with only 25.8 million. They would be able to offer both Deron Williams & Dwight Howard lucrative contracts(15mill per season!)

2012-2013 Mavs:

C- D12
PF- Dirk
SF- D.Jones
SG- Terry(MLE)
PG- D.Williams

That trade is never gonna happen. CLE isn't just taking 2 crap contracts for nothing. Those are the types of trades that have a top 5 pick attached to them which a 2014 1st is not. Keep dreaming.

oak2455
02-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Dwight hasn't demanded a trade to LA or DAL he has demanded to a trade to the Nets. LA and DAL are teams his agent is allowed to speak with but he never demanded a trade there.

where is that quote from D12's mouth missed that??

thedfactor
02-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Dirk shouldn't even be in the all-star game this season. So that last statement makes zero sense.This is ignorant. Dirk in a mega down year is better statistically and overall player than any "snubs" such as paul millsap or rudy gay who in the midst of their better seasons still aren't near the player dirk is.

Dirk's team wins, and thus far are 4th in the west. Why shouldn't he be an all-star again?

Granted he's not the entertainment people are looking for in an ASG, but he's elite nonetheless.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
There won't?

Brooklyn is not Manhattan, if you are expecting the Nets to take the whole city by storm because they are going to be NYC residents you are in for a surprise.... There is no pretty city lights and high class celebrities hanging around Atlantic Yards.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:01 PM

:shrug: whatever you say bud.. but it is what it is and Dwight wants to play in Brooklyn with Deron. How about you go ask him why, if you disagree with him?

Dwight will be the biggest star in NY with Jeter's career dwindling down.. maybe CC could challenge him but i doubt it. Eli Manning cant compete with Dwight.

You either were jumped and got your *** whooped in the hood at some point or have some sort of deep seated resentment for inner cities cuz you keep bringing up Brooklyn being a poor borough as if every city doesnt have its bad areas...

Get therapy and get out some.

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Did i say they wont reach the finals? You sir.. are looking mentally challenged. Your the one that brought up that the Heat have the map to the quickest championship road...

I just pointed out that they have yet to win.

As far as the Nets they certainly would have more depth and a better supporting cast than Dallas with Dirk and a bucket of hope

Lopez, MarShon, Morrow, top 5ish pick in 2012, top 16-17 pick in 2012, vets is a lot better than what Dallas would put around them. Why is this even a debate? Any idiot that knows the game can tell you that thats a hell of a lot more depth..

Also.. i would like to point out that Dwight is not just blowing smoke out of his *** when he says he wants to be THE man and lead his team. Dirk is the go to guy in DAL and always has been and as long as he is there it will always be Dirk. Dirk will also be the closer on that team. Just a side note for ya

What other team has constantly won cause of depth the last decade? Look at what happened to Orlando and Cleveland, and Pacers, stacked teams and failed. Look at the Pistons and Heat after their first Championship? Now look at the Celtics in 07-08, first Big 3 in the Big 3 Era and won a Championship the same year they joined.

My reasoning here is if you are trying to build a team with depth, you are bound to face what Cuban faced last offseason. Players will want more $ and leave. Now if you get 3 stars and build around them is safer due to having expendable pieces supplementing the already Conference Finals bound team, even more. Getting 3 stars is not only faster but safer in the long term in the quest for a Championship.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 04:07 PM
:shrug: whatever you say bud.. but it is what it is and Dwight wants to play in Brooklyn with Deron. How about you go ask him why, if you disagree with him?

Dwight will be the biggest star in NY with Jeter's career dwindling down.. maybe CC could challenge him but i doubt it. Eli Manning cant compete with Dwight.

You either were jumped and got your *** whooped in the hood at some point or have some sort of deep seated resentment for inner cities cuz you keep bringing up Brooklyn being a poor borough as if every city doesnt have its bad areas...

I love Brooklyn, I was born there and grew up minutes from where the arena is being built... I just think you are delusionally ovverrating the glamour the Atlantic Yards arena will bring. It will not propel Dwight to the king of NY, I can promise you that.

Mr Costanza
02-14-2012, 04:08 PM

Dwight going to Brooklyn won't touch Eli. No offense to him because he is a star no question. Its just going to take a lot more than signing a piece of paper or being traded to match Eli's two super bowls.

Punk
02-14-2012, 04:09 PM
How is Dallas attractive to any free agent anymore? Yeah Deron is from Dallas but besides that they don't have much to be excited about in the future. There team is very old, Dirk has obviously lost a step, and They're still tied up in quite a bit of money. I understand the city and Cuban are appealing but not more than LA or Brooklyn would be.

Comparing Brooklyn to Dallas isn't that different. Deron could recruit Dwight to Dallas or he might be okay with taking a year or two to build a contender.

Deron, Terry, Dirk, Odom is still a foundation to get and attract players.

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Brooklyn is not Manhattan, if you are expecting the Nets to take the whole city by storm because they are going to be NYC residents you are in for a surprise.... There is no pretty city lights and high class celebrities hanging around Atlantic Yards.

I just find it shocking that you think the Nets can't put a billboard up in Times Square that's all. They're gonna have billboards in every borough.

Brooklyn is a massive upgrade for the Nets. They sure can take the city by storm if they win and the Knicks continue to lose. I don't see them stealing fans or whatever Prokorov said was gonna happen but if they win they'll be just fine and D-Will/Dwight = winning. They come in and win 25 games the next few years then they become the Clippers.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:13 PM
What I am saying is to consider to Dwight and Deron a forgone conclusion a NJ, just because of reports is foolish in my opinion. Reports said the Yankees were getting Cliff Lee, Nationals were getting Prince Fielder. Not many reports said Lebron was going to the Heat. I'm not sure what you find comical about me being a Knick fan as I'm one of the more level headed fans on these forums, and very rarely do I take reports to be true.

I dont want to sound like a hater, because quite honestly, I could see myself rooting for the Nets after they move. As a family friend of PJ carlesimo and a fan of almost all NY teams, I will certainly root for their success when not playing the Knicks.

Consider yourself a credit to your fanbase but i still disagree. how many reports had Melo going to NY and nowhere else last year from the beginning but ppl dismissed it cuz the Nets had the better offer?

There is a difference between one or two guys reporting something and every writer and reporter confirming the same thing.

Dwight has been linked to the Nets since before the lockout. He kept droping hints with his "list of 5 players" and doing promotional work in Russia with the Nets (not for them but with them), in Brooklyn over the summer.. not to mention that he has NEVER made an effort to deny his interest in the Nets or denied his trade requests to the Nets or even denied his list at all.

This is no longer speculation. A great respected poster from NetsDaily Elonepb recently was assured by a Nets official at a Nets game that Dwight to the Nets is 100% done.

Apparently the Magic are waiting till after the All Star game while at the same time possibly allowing the Nets pick to gain value.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:16 PM
where is that quote from D12's mouth missed that??

You know i love you Oak but.. where was the quote from Melo that he only wanted the Knicks?

I do have a quote from Lebron that he would not rest till he got CLE a title...

Be real man.. thats a weak argument a certain fans like to bring it up when it favors their argument. These superstars are usually never quoted demanding things like this. They are well trained in PR and taught what to say and not say.

Mr Costanza
02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
I just find it shocking that you think the Nets can't put a billboard up in Times Square that's all. They're gonna have billboards in every borough.

Brooklyn is a massive upgrade for the Nets. They sure can take the city by storm if they win and the Knicks continue to lose. I don't see them stealing fans or whatever Prokorov said was gonna happen but if they win they'll be just fine and D-Will/Dwight = winning. They come in and win 25 games the next few years then they become the Clippers.

You're right Brooklyn is an upgrade from NJ but that's not saying much. And they will take Brokklyn by storm but the whole city? No way. The difference between playing in manhattan and playing in Brooklyn is huge. Not just for the fans but for the media as well.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I love Brooklyn, I was born there and grew up minutes from where the arena is being built... I just think you are delusionally ovverrating the glamour the Atlantic Yards arena will bring. It will not propel Dwight to the king of NY, I can promise you that.

Take it up with him.. venting on a forum about the evils of the hood will get you nothing

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 04:21 PM

Nets will be fine... but to say they will take NYC by storm is laughable. Knicks will at the very worst be a competitive playoff team by the time the Nets get to BK.

If Knicks are terrible for the next decade and Nets are dominant then we can talk about a "power shift", until then Dwight will enjoy playing his prime on a second fiddle team in NY. To assume that the Nets will win over NY in the first few years because they have Dwight is the definition of being delusional, most Knick fans wont run to root for the Nets just because they built a shiny arena in Brooklyn.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM
You're right Brooklyn is an upgrade from NJ but that's not saying much. And they will take Brokklyn by storm but the whole city? No way. The difference between playing in manhattan and playing in Brooklyn is huge. Not just for the fans but for the media as well.

Exactly... and Brooklyn is still Knick country, even BK Knick fans wont just jump ship... especially considering they have plenty of their own star power.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM
What other team has constantly won cause of depth the last decade? Look at what happened to Orlando and Cleveland, and Pacers, stacked teams and failed. Look at the Pistons and Heat after their first Championship? Now look at the Celtics in 07-08, first Big 3 in the Big 3 Era and won a Championship the same year they joined.

My reasoning here is if you are trying to build a team with depth, you are bound to face what Cuban faced last offseason. Players will want more $ and leave. Now if you get 3 stars and build around them is safer due to having expendable pieces supplementing the already Conference Finals bound team, even more. Getting 3 stars is not only faster but safer in the long term in the quest for a Championship.

You are short-sighted.. and delusional as well.

Deron and Dwight together is a championship core. You put Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Anthony Morrow, a top 2012 pick, an additional 2012 pick, along with vets and thats better than any three stars + scrubs

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Dwight going to Brooklyn won't touch Eli. No offense to him because he is a star no question. Its just going to take a lot more than signing a piece of paper or being traded to match Eli's two super bowls.

Disagree. Dwight is way more marketable

LongIslandIcedZ
02-14-2012, 04:28 PM

Yes Dwight is a more marketable personality than Eli, I dont think anyone will deny that. But there is a big difference in being 2 time New York Giants Superbowl MVP and the Brooklyn Nets newest signing. Right now IMO Eli is probably the King of NY. Dwight needs to do more than just sign a piece of paper to be on Eli's level. He needs multiple Championships

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Comparing Brooklyn to Dallas isn't that different. Deron could recruit Dwight to Dallas or he might be okay with taking a year or two to build a contender.

Deron, Terry, Dirk, Odom is still a foundation to get and attract players.

If Dwight makes it to FA.. it would no longer take a year or two. They would be contenders immediately. Deron, Dwight, Lopez, MarShon, a top pick in 2012, an early first rounder in 2012, Morrow, vets

No reason for these two guys to change their minds from Brooklyn to Dallas over the summer when the Nets would finally be in Brooklyn with all the assets they would have traded for Dwight still on the team

Mr Costanza
02-14-2012, 04:33 PM

You must not live in NY. If you do I'm shocked with that statement. Eli is a god in this city right now and will be for the rest of his career and beyond.

In order to be on that level in this city you need so much more than talent and a big contract. You have to win championships and sometimes that's not enough. Eli and Jeter are in a league of their own in NY and I don't see anyone coming close to their level in the near future. Dwight coming to the Nets wouldn't even be in the same discussion as them.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-14-2012, 04:34 PM
You must not live in NY. If you do I'm shocked with that statement. Eli is a god in this city right now and will be for the rest of his career and beyond.

In order to be on that level in this city you need so much more than talent and a big contract. You have to win championships and sometimes that's not enough. Eli and Jeter are in a league of their own in NY and I don't see anyone coming close to their level in the near future. Dwight coming to the Nets wouldn't even be in the same discussion as them.

I almost agree.

Jeremy Lin.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 04:36 PM

Dwight is the better player, but this is still Melo, Amar'es and possibly Lin's town.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes Dwight is a more marketable personality than Eli, I dont think anyone will deny that. But there is a big difference in being 2 time New York Giants Superbowl MVP and the Brooklyn Nets newest signing. Right now IMO Eli is probably the King of NY. Dwight needs to do more than just sign a piece of paper to be on Eli's level. He needs multiple Championships

Marketability= Exposure
Exposure= Hype
Hype= Perception

Perception is the reason Lin is being fed down the throats of the world even though for all his good play he hes done nothing more than what Rajon Rondo does every game (not saying Lin is not good, just saying the media is hyping him up to make money). Sports are a business like any other and the players that sell are the players that will get marketed.

Dwight will be all over NY if he creates even the slightest hype in Brooklyn with Deron.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Dwight is the better player, but this is still Melo, Amar'es and possibly Lin's town.

:laugh2: This is where i :surrender:

No point arguing with Knick fans. I almost feel stupid for trying.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Jeremy Lin is actually a prime example of the following the Knicks have.... to say Nets will compete with that from day one is absurd.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 04:41 PM
:laugh2: This is where i :surrender:

No point arguing with Knick fans. I almost feel stupid for trying.

You're stupid if you think a Net will be NYs most popular athlete in 2012...

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 04:42 PM
You are short-sighted.. and delusional as well.

Deron and Dwight together is a championship core. You put Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Anthony Morrow, a top 2012 pick, an additional 2012 pick, along with vets and thats better than any three stars + scrubs

Right thanks for giving me a solid counter-argument to mine. Maybe you like to support your arguments with calling other people "short-sighted" and "delusional", but unlike others, I rather have factual evidence.

This is the 4th or 5th where you write the bold part as a reason. I read it the first time, I understand you think is better, I mean is your unbiased opinion. Now please explain me why do you think is better just like I explained why the Big 3 is better than depth.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:42 PM

We are no on the same page here. Im not talking about who the fans will revere most in the city. I am talking about pure and simple money making marketability. No player in NY would be as marketable as Dwight Howard.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Marketability= Exposure
Exposure= Hype
Hype= Perception

Perception is the reason Lin is being fed down the throats of the world even though for all his good play he hes done nothing more than what Rajon Rondo does every game (not saying Lin is not good, just saying the media is hyping him up to make money). Sports are a business like any other and the players that sell are the players that will get marketed.

Dwight will be all over NY if he creates even the slightest hype in Brooklyn with Deron.

The Lin thing was obviously a joke

The way I look at it right now (as a depressed Jets fan) there are 2 ultimate Kings of NY:

Eli Manning- 2 SB MVP's, Beat New England twice (Thats huge), and he seems like a really good guy.

Derek Jeter- Personally I dont think Eli can ever touch him, as good as he is. The guy has 5 rings, possibly more coming. The guy is the closest thing to a perfect athlete as there is.

Dwight will not be a bigger star than these two. Dwight will struggle to be a bigger star in NY than Melo and Stat.

Its primarily a Knicks, Yankees, Giants town.

The Nets, Mets and Jets will always be looked at as a little brother.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Right thanks for giving me a solid counter-argument to mine. Maybe you like to support your arguments with calling other people "short-sighted" and "delusional", but unlike others, I rather have factual evidence.

This is the 4th or 5th where you write the bold part as a reason. I read it the first time, I understand you think is better, I mean is your unbiased opinion. Now please explain me why do you think is better just like I explained why the Big 3 is better than depth.

Uhhh... ok...

No point. I feel stupid having to explain it to you. Look at it again and again till you see why such depth beats your big two and old Dirk.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 04:47 PM
The Lin thing was obviously a joke

The way I look at it right now (as a depressed Jets fan) there are 2 ultimate Kings of NY:

Eli Manning- 2 SB MVP's, Beat New England twice (Thats huge), and he seems like a really good guy.

Derek Jeter- Personally I dont think Eli can ever touch him, as good as he is. The guy has 5 rings, possibly more coming. The guy is the closest thing to a perfect athlete as there is.

Dwight will not be a bigger star than these two. Dwight will struggle to be a bigger star in NY than Melo and Stat.

Its primarily a Knicks, Yankees, Giants town.

The Nets, Mets and Jets will always be looked at as a little brother.

Thats your opinion. We can do nothing but wait and see. Ill just respectfully disagree and take my leave cuz the NY mob is already clogging this thread up even thou it has nothing to do with their team :laugh2: Funny how that works everytime the subject of Dwight to the Nets gets brought up

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Amar'e and Melo will be more popular... don't discount how much the Knicks mean to this city. They have been NYC basketball for half a century, Dwight Howard coming to a borough in NYC will not make him the biggest thing in NY... you can count on that. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Notice how you've never seen a Knick fan in this forum say I cant wait until Dwight comes to the Nets.... well no other Knick fans (most of the NY population) is excited for his arrival either. Theres no "buzz" about these rumors in Brooklyn, I'm there all the time. Toney Douglas gets talked about more in NYC than Dwight.

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Nets will be fine... but to say they will take NYC by storm is laughable. Knicks will at the very worst be a competitive playoff team by the time the Nets get to BK.

If Knicks are terrible for the next decade and Nets are dominant then we can talk about a "power shift", until then Dwight will enjoy playing his prime on a second fiddle team in NY. To assume that the Nets will win over NY in the first few years because they have Dwight is the definition of being delusional, most Knick fans wont run to root for the Nets just because they built a shiny arena in Brooklyn.

Dude read my quote I never said Knicks fans were converting to Nets fans, I actually said that won't happen. If the Knicks are a first round exit and the Nets are in the Eastern Finals next year who do you think the people will be talking about, the Knicks? No by taking the city by storm I only mean that they can steal away the back page of the Post and create a buzz in the city that it seems only Lin can do.

NY wants winners, Yankees and Giants. The Knicks right are not winners and the Nets have a chance to win and make a imprint on NY before the Knicks can return to glory. That'll go along way as to making this a fair fight for the NY media.

oak2455
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
We are no on the same page here. Im not talking about who the fans will revere most in the city. I am talking about pure and simple money making marketability. No player in NY would be as marketable as Dwight Howard.

dude come on

Mlb Jeter, Arod, and CC to name a few
Nfl Any big name Giant or Jet Eli, JPP or Revis :)

Nba Stat, Melo, Lin( Yes I said him) and Howard

Nhl

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Dude read my quote I never said Knicks fans were converting to Nets fans, I actually said that won't happen. If the Knicks are a first round exit and the Nets are in the Eastern Finals next year who do you think the people will be talking about, the Knicks? No by taking the city by storm I only mean that they can steal away the back page of the Post and create a buzz in the city that it seems only Lin can do.

NY wants winners, Yankees and Giants. The Knicks right are not winners and the Nets have a chance to win and make a imprint on NY before the Knicks can return to glory. That'll go along way as to making this a fair fight for the NY media.

You're contradicting yourself... Knick fans wont turn to Net fans.... BUT they will have the city buzzing once they are winning?! If Knick fans are Knick fans, why will there be all this Nets hype? Back page of the post with a smaller fanbase then another team in the city is what Dwight wants?? NY media is the worst part of playing in NY.

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Amar'e and Melo will be more popular... don't discount how much the Knicks mean to this city. They have been NYC basketball for half a century, Dwight Howard coming to a borough in NYC will not make him the biggest thing in NY... you can count on that. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Notice how you've never seen a Knick fan in this forum say I cant wait until Dwight comes to the Nets.... well no other Knick fans (most of the NY population) is excited for his arrival either. Theres no "buzz" about these rumors in Brooklyn, I'm there all the time.

Stop quoting me as saying they be the biggest thing I never said anything remotely close to that. All I said was "they need to win and they'll be fine". Now you sound like your getting defensive/nervous.

ElChinoLatino
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Uhhh... ok...

No point. I feel stupid having to explain it to you. Look at it again and again till you see why such depth beats your big two and old Dirk.

Right thanks, you can leave now and save yourself the embarrassment.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Stop quoting me as saying they be the biggest thing I never said anything remotely close to that. All I said was "they need to win and they'll be fine". Now you sound like your getting defensive/nervous.

MAYBE I'm not talking to you? You buddy Will is saying Dwight will be the biggest thing since sliced bread in NYC.

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 05:04 PM
You're stupid if you think a Net will be NYs most popular athlete in 2012...

So your telling me a Net could never be more popular than a Knick in this town?? Funny how that went in the J.Kidd era!!!

Rockice_8
02-14-2012, 05:06 PM
MAYBE I'm not talking to you? You buddy Will is saying Dwight will be the biggest thing since sliced bread in NYC.

Well you quoted me in everyone of your posts.

Dwight is gonna be huge if he comes to Brooklyn, if he's huge in Orlando then imagine what NY will do for him. He won't be Jeter big but he'll get his.

It's time Knicks fans realize that they need to win a ring before the Nets. It'll be tough watching D-WIll/Dwight hoisting a trophy in Brooklyn before the Knicks at the Garden. You better just hope Lin can carry Melo/Amare to the promised land.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
So your telling me a Net could never be more popular than a Knick in this town?? Funny how that went in the J.Kidd era!!!

Are you from NY?! Did you seriously just say JKidd was the most popular athlete in NY? Seriously??!? NY cared more about what that loser Stephon Marbury had for lunch then then what Kidd was doing in the Finals.

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 05:14 PM

Are you from NY?! Did you seriously just say JKidd was the most popular athlete in NY? Seriously??!? NY cared more about what that loser Stephon Marbury had for lunch then then what Kidd was doing in the Finals.

Lmao lived in Brooklyn my entire life and shows how little you actually know. Howard Eisley was starting for the Knicks when Jkidd was in the finals. Dont confuse the fans and media destroying Marbury and thomas daily for them actually being more popular than JKidd and when Jkidd was in the finals. Kids wanted to be the next jkidd not that loser marbury

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Lmao lived in Brooklyn my entire life and shows how little you actually know. Howard Eisley was starting for the Knicks when Jkidd was in the finals. Dont confuse the fans and media destroying Marbury and thomas daily for them actually being more popular than JKidd and when Jkidd was in the finals. Kids wanted to be the next jkidd not that loser marbury

Those empty arenas in the NBA Finals show how popular he was... If you think Jason Kidd was one of the most popular athletes in NYC, we have nothing to talk about.

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 05:19 PM

Those empty arenas in the NBA Finals show how popular he was... If you think Jason Kidd was one of the most popular athletes in NYC, we have nothing to talk about.

No according to you Howard Eisley was more popular lol yeah we def have nothing to talk about

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
No according to you Howard Eisley was more popular lol yeah we def have nothing to talk about

Allan Houston and Latrel Sprewell definitely were :clap: and Kidd is one of the greatest PG to ever play the game.

Glad you can resort to jokes about Eisely to try to make a point... Thats like saying Deron Williams is more popular than Toney Douglas... the Nets must be popular!!!

Big Zo
02-14-2012, 05:24 PM

I rove Jeremy Rin! He Rinsanity! Hollaaaaa!

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM

Allan Houston and Latrel Sprewell definitely were :clap: and Kidd is one of the greatest PG to ever play the game.

Glad you can resort to jokes about Eisely to try to make a point... Thats like saying Deron Williams is more popular than Toney Douglas... the Nets must be popular!!!

Actually its not a joke its more to do with you not even knowing your teams own history when you said Marbury was the more popular of the two when he wasnt even on the Knicks during Nets finals runs. Thats the joke.

NYsFinest
02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Actually its not a joke its more to do with you not even knowing your teams own history when you said Marbury was the more popular of the two when he wasnt even on the Knicks during Nets finals runs. Thats the joke.

It actually just shows how much I care about when the Nets went to the Finals... I know the Knicks history. Me confusing it for how it coincides with the nets history does not upset me.

Mr Costanza
02-14-2012, 06:28 PM

How the fans react to the player is a direct coralation of how marketable they are. If you think he can reach the magnitude of Jeter or Eli you are wrong.

He doesn't have the time or the fanbase to do it.

Jeter was the face of the Yankees when they dominated the 90s. You can't get more marketable than that.

Eli beat the city that New Yorkers hate most not once but twice in the super bowl.

Howard will have to match that and I cannot think of anything he could do that would be close to that level. The nets no matter what city they are in will never be able be the yankees or the giants. And I know you aren't saying they will be.
But to be a bigger star than those two, Howard has to have the nets become the team in NY which cannot happen.

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM

It actually just shows how much I care about when the Nets went to the Finals... I know the Knicks history. Me confusing it for how it coincides with the nets history does not upset me.

Lmao yea righttt.....

BigCityofDreams
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Who knew Net fans were this arrogant.

BigCityofDreams
02-14-2012, 06:41 PM

I don't think ppl realize how little NYC cared about the Nets going to back to back finals.

Mr Costanza
02-14-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't think ppl realize how little NYC cared about the Nets going to back to back finals.

They were selling game day tickets to the finals. That says it all.

BigCityofDreams
02-14-2012, 06:47 PM
They were selling game day tickets to the finals. That says it all.

Checkmate what more evidence do ppl want.

Mr Costanza
02-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Who knew Net fans were this arrogant.

Not even close to as arrogant as Knick fans. We will even beat them in that.

BigCityofDreams
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Not even close to as arrogant as Knick fans. We will even beat them in that.

lol being bigger brother has its advantages :D

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 06:54 PM

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Did NYC not caring (not true) make the Knicks a better team or something?

BigCityofDreams
02-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Not sure what this has to do with anything. Did NYC not caring (not true) make the Knicks a better team or something?

How is it not true? Net fans cared I'll give you that.

Of course it didn't make them a better team.

waveycrockett
02-14-2012, 07:02 PM
How is it not true? Net fans cared I'll give you that.

Of course it didn't make them a better team.

1)Did you take a poll or something. Door to door and do a census?

2)I'm from NYC and I cared so that pretty much disproves this.

3)What are you even trying to prove? That the Knicks have a bigger fanbase? OK and?

drew_ellis_23
02-14-2012, 07:09 PM
So, I'm just going to put two and two together. If Orlando gives Dwight March 1st like rumored to make up his mind and he decides to stay, I'm guessing Deron is going to officially head to Dallas in the summer.

Dwight and Deron will both be in Dallas next season. I have said this once, and will say it again.

Mr Costanza
02-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Dwight and Deron will both be in Dallas next season. I have said this once, and will say it again.

I'm just not seeing this happening. My money is on the nets for both.

BigCityofDreams
02-14-2012, 07:14 PM
They had empty seats at the games and it was more than a few. They were giving away game day tickets. Think about it this way they went to back to back finals in a basketball area(Tri-state) and it has been forgotten. If that was any other franchise they would be praised for doing that.

I never said no one cared at all. I said ppl cared very little.

Trying add some perspective to a thread that got way off track.

Oldmantrash
02-14-2012, 07:37 PM
One thing is for certain, if Dwight Howard ends up on the Nets, Brook Lopez will be gone.

He's a restricted free agent at the end of the year, and someone will offer him something that the Nets won't match.

Chill_Will_24
02-14-2012, 07:52 PM
One thing is for certain, if Dwight Howard ends up on the Nets, Brook Lopez will be gone.

He's a restricted free agent at the end of the year, and someone will offer him something that the Nets won't match.

lol why wouldnt they?

Oldmantrash
02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
lol why wouldnt they?

They most likely will have to pay him a lot, and they will want the flexibility to add at other positions.

Even if they do match, it will most likely be a sign and trade.

Lopez is a center, not a PF.

netsgiantsyanks
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
meh, let him go wherever he wants to go. i'm not getting hung up over this.

llemon
02-14-2012, 08:47 PM

Unless Nets renounce Lopez, it would be much smarter for them to match any offer for Brook, as supposedly, money is no object to the wannabe Prez of Russia.

Then they can trade Lopez for other necessities.