PDA

View Full Version : Why arenít people ripping on Chris Paul for bailing on New Orleans???

Ty Fast
02-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Everybody rips on Lebron, Bosh, Melo, and Howard for supposedly bailing on their franchises but nobody is criticizing Chris Paul for doing the exact same thing that those other guys did. So why does he get a free pass while others before him face so much criticism?

Nick O
02-12-2012, 11:07 PM
cause no one gives 2 ***** about the Hornets....

itsripcity32
02-12-2012, 11:08 PM
**** cp3

ne3xchamps
02-12-2012, 11:09 PM

this.

/thread

ManRam
people did...but people move on, unless you're lebron james.

he also was fortunate enough to get traded right away, and didn't have it drag out.

and yeah, no one really cares about the hornets. i mean, they're a team without an owner, have been in terrible financial situations, and even get mentioned in relocation talks...

Raps18-19 Champ
It's not Lebron, that's why.

Or they'll use the excuse "CP3 demanded a trade while he were under contract so it's all good but Lebron is a douche because he left as a FA when FA's have every right to leave a team if they wanted."

Ty Fast
02-12-2012, 11:10 PM

very very true

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-12-2012, 11:11 PM
I think he would, but David Stern made such a circus and joke about the whole vetoing (twice) the CP3 to LAL trade that he basically became the media attention whore and the ultimate bad guy in this whole ordeal, and the biggest victim that everyone became feeling sorry for was Dell Demps. CP3 was an afterthought to an afterthought.

Raph12
02-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Because everything is Lebron's fault... Oh and he travelled.

Jint.
02-12-2012, 11:18 PM

probally this

jam
02-12-2012, 11:19 PM

You mean, crab dribbled.

justinnum1
02-12-2012, 11:19 PM
He trys to stay out of the spotlight

shep33
02-12-2012, 11:20 PM
New Orleans has an NBA basketball team?

THE MTL
02-12-2012, 11:21 PM

The only person who still gets criticized is Lebron James cause he's Lebron James. I think everyone moved on about the others.

Btw, your sig is INCRDIBLE!

Ty Fast
02-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I think he would, but David Stern made such a circus and joke about the whole vetoing (twice) the CP3 to LAL trade that he basically became the media attention whore and the ultimate bad guy in this whole ordeal, and the biggest victim that everyone became feeling sorry for was Dell Demps. CP3 was an afterthought to an afterthought.

i think that and the fact it was the clippers. if he had gone to the lakers or knicks he would have been just like those other guys.

McPeak92
02-12-2012, 11:23 PM
nobody rips Melo or Bosh for abandoning there franchise...Dwight gets ripped cause he is being a ***** about it an LeBron did it in possibly the dumbest way ever by going on national TV.

Nick O
02-12-2012, 11:24 PM
i still havnt let vince carter go.. i still hate that prick

OaklandsFinest
People give everybody less crap than Lebron. But New Orleans is a mess, they got a legit piece back, and a possible extra lottery pick... People shouldn't rip anybody for doing their thing. However I think players being able to say where they want to be traded has gotten a little out of hand.. Now days has viral, and international everything is, you're not going to make more money in LA, or NY if you are a CP3 or Lebron..

Ty Fast
i still havnt let vince carter go.. i still hate that prick

me 2

Ty Fast
02-12-2012, 11:26 PM
nobody rips Melo or Bosh for abandoning there franchise...Dwight gets ripped cause he is being a ***** about it an LeBron did it in possibly the dumbest way ever by going on national TV.

its not even melo, bron, bosh, or d12. its everytime someone does that he gets ripped on. t mac, vince, shaq (with the magic) barkley, ect, ect, ect.

lilbatman225
02-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Being a Hornets fan, I rip him every time I have a chance.

Nick O
02-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Being a Hornets fan, I rip him every time I had a chance.

Holy ****! A Hornets fan! .. hold on im gonna grab my camera

lilbatman225
02-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Holy ****! A Hornets fan! .. hold on im gonna grab my camera

Haha!! We've been through better days in NOLA.

Raph12
02-12-2012, 11:29 PM
The only person who still gets criticized is Lebron James cause he's Lebron James. I think everyone moved on about the others.

Everyone except Dwight, we'll see how his image looks post-trade...

BradfordIsElite
02-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Because he pretty much told them "you have not done a god damn thing to make this team better around me..im not gonna sit around and pretend like i wanna be here and then go out on national television and shock everyone by signing with someone else, I just want out NOW.
That's the part of the difference.

Shortys4711
02-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Because like Melo and Howard, they told there teams they wanted out, so they could atleast trade and get something back in return. Not through the FA like Lebron and letting everyone think there might be a chance he resigned with the CAVs when all along he knew he was going

barreleffact
02-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Because Chris Paul isn't from NO. He never claimed he would stay until he got a ring. He never proclaimed himself to be a king (tatoo on back) or the next Jordan (Jersey number 23). He also didn't announce anything publicly to be a spectacle.

By all means, Lebron had every right to leave, but he was not vilified for no reason.

da ThRONe
02-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Being a Hornets fan, I rip him every time I have a chance.

Agreed. I'm flying back home to New Orleans just to boo CP3.

Chris has kinda flown under the radar his whole career. He's not the polarizing figure guys like LeBron and Kobe are.

phoenix_bladen
02-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Cause the hornets sucked and were going nowhere

It's not like he left during free agency like lebron

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2012, 12:34 AM
because stern vetoed the deal taking the heat off of cp3 and onto stern.

kenzo400
02-13-2012, 12:50 AM

Or they'll use the excuse "CP3 demanded a trade while he were under contract so it's all good but Lebron is a douche because he left as a FA when FA's have every right to leave a team if they wanted."

Lebron was also dishonest. He made up his mind well before the end of the playoffs. Chris Paul told them right away that he wants to be traded, he didn't beat around the bush. If Lebron told the team he wants to leave before then they could have gotten a lot of quality players for him. Instead he screwed them over.

Federal Reserve
02-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Chris Paul didn't go to an already established team, a contender. Instead, he entered a foreign land that has not seen success for decades.

stawka
02-13-2012, 01:07 AM

Because people give 2 ***** about Cleveland?

LeBron will always be criticized because he's THAT good. Happened before with Kobe, and it'll happen again after LeBron

sunsfan88
02-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Its cause no one likes the Hornets. I mean go on the New Orleans section of the forum and they don't even create game day threads cause no one cares enough to watch the games and post about it.

And the Hornets sucked with CP3 while as DEnver was pretty good with 'Melo, Cavs were #1 with LBJ, Magic went to the Finals with Howard, Suns went to the WCFs with Amare etc.

Only other person ins a b ad situation was Bosh and he doesn't really face that much criticism because he felt, he faces criticism because people doubt his quota as a superstar.

KingPosey
02-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Its a totally different scenario than most others. The team doesnt even have an owner, they cant spend any money, and now we see the GM isnt even allowed to pretend he has control, because Stern wont let him do his job.

That place is DEAD.

Avenged
02-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Because he went to the Clippers.

If he had gone to the Lakers he would not be receiving all this love. Heck, he would be among one of the most disliked players.

LA_Raiders
02-13-2012, 01:40 AM
I dont blame him. It must be hard to work for an ******* in Stern...

utl768
02-13-2012, 01:43 AM
people did...but people move on, unless you're lebron james.

he also was fortunate enough to get traded right away, and didn't have it drag out.

and yeah, no one really cares about the hornets. i mean, they're a team without an owner, have been in terrible financial situations, and even get mentioned in relocation talks...

this

NYY 26 to 7
02-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Because the team did the right thing and made a deal right away and didn't force it to linger over the teams, fans, and leagues head for a year. The team knew he wouldn't be bck and moved him and moved on.

3mikee_
02-13-2012, 03:28 AM
lack of "the decision", handled it as professionally as he could up until the Lakers deal fell through.

Vikingfan84
02-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Everybody rips on Lebron, Bosh, Melo, and Howard for supposedly bailing on their franchises but nobody is criticizing Chris Paul for doing the exact same thing that those other guys did. So why does he get a free pass while others before him face so much criticism?

Because he handled it appropriately (coming from a Hornets fan). Plus a true Hornets fan knows that CP3 has trouble staying healthy.

Secondly he told the Hornets organization that he only wanted to be traded if the Hornets were getting what they wanted in return for him. Otherwise the Hornets probably could have kept him in town. Or they could have made an appropriate move to get him to stay.

Unfortunately numerous times the Hornets had to keep CP3 in town, they failed. Trading Chandler, not resigning Jannero Pargo, and letting West leave town all were contributing factors to CP3's exit.

Bruno
02-13-2012, 04:55 AM
good point.

Hugbees
02-13-2012, 05:17 AM
I think people are just getting numb to people bailing on their teams, as well as Lebron being a much more polarizing figure. I honestly don't buy people caring more about Cleveland than New Orleans. To me NO is the greater city.

MJ-BULLS
02-13-2012, 05:31 AM
because paul left a team that is the hornets. i know for a fact if he went to the lakers he would get smashed by fans. Right now he is with the clippers, a team that has always been in the gutter so people dont really have a problem with it i guess, since they have always sucked.

3ballbomber
02-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Are people still comparing the way players left/leaving compared to what Lebron did to the Cavs and his team mates? are people just clueless?

dogs chasing their tales

basketfan4life
02-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Btw, your sig is INCRDIBLE!
right, isn't it? i can't take my eyes off her brests and my blod is full of adrenaline right now.

naps
02-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Because he's not LeBron James. Lets be real. No one else has been criticized if you think about the treatment LeBron got. Melo pretty much held three franchises hostage for months and how often do you see a Melo thread on his departure? I guess people will hate you only if you are the greatest on the planet and the most polarizing figure in sports world. Chris Paul, Bosh, Melo are just not that. LeBron James is way too good.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Lebron was also dishonest. He made up his mind well before the end of the playoffs. Chris Paul told them right away that he wants to be traded, he didn't beat around the bush. If Lebron told the team he wants to leave before then they could have gotten a lot of quality players for him. Instead he screwed them over.

Am I to believe Lebron made up his mind to leave?

If anything, Lebron's mindset was "Win and stay or lose and go". There's no way in hell Lebron made up his mind. Are you telling me that if the Cavs won, he still would have left because he made up his mind beforehand? :rolleyes:

He clearly wouldn't lose on purpose just to leave. It just so happens that half his team mates underachieved, Lebron underachieved and Gilbert+management didn't get good pieces for Lebron(and they had so much opportunities to get stars such as Amare, Redd, etc throughout Lebron's tenure there. And frankly, why wouldn't he leave? If he underachieved there and has the chance to be great somewhere else with a better shot, who is anyone to deny his because the Cavs organization failed to meet Lebron halfway. Lebron put up MVP numbers and led them to greatness. All the Cavs did was surround him with mediocre players and then under perform when they really need him.

naps
02-13-2012, 06:59 AM

If anything, Lebron's mindset was "Win and stay or lose and go". There's no way in hell Lebron made up his mind. Are you telling me that if the Cavs won, he still would have left because he made up his mind beforehand? :rolleyes:

He clearly wouldn't lose on purpose just to leave. It just so happens that half his team mates underachieved, Lebron underachieved and Gilbert+management didn't get good pieces for Lebron(and they had so much opportunities to get stars such as Amare, Redd, etc throughout Lebron's tenure there. And frankly, why wouldn't he leave? If he underachieved there and has the chance to be great somewhere else with a better shot, who is anyone to deny his because the Cavs organization failed to meet Lebron halfway. Lebron put up MVP numbers and led them to greatness. All the Cavs did was surround him with mediocre players and then under perform when they really need him.

But I still hate him because he didn't come to the team of my choice. I made sigs with my team's uniform on him assuming he was coming to my team and then i had to take them down. Since then I have been mad. I also hate him because he's by far the greatest player on the planet. Why does he have to be so damn good when he's not on my team?

NYYCowboys
02-13-2012, 07:03 AM
right, isn't it? i can't take my eyes off her brests and my blod is full of adrenaline right now.

He's lovin it.

Heediot
02-13-2012, 07:40 AM
He deserves some blame no doubt. Look at the franchise though, there is no clear cut future or direction. At least the other guys had owners willing to spend to win, the Hornets are just looking to survive as a franchise. His situation is fairy different. I wouldn't crucify him for bailing out as much as I would have super-respected him if he stayed.

gilly
02-13-2012, 08:05 AM
His team got something in return: Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, Minnesota's 1st round pick.

He didn't drag it out a la Melo.

He didn't announce it on ESPN.

GOON MUSIC
02-13-2012, 08:15 AM
^^^^^^^^

deaner
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
It's an NBA owned team... who cares. Stern owning the Hornets is just wrong.

I do feel badly for the fans in NO though. They had something, and because the league owned them for too long it's in shambles.

Vampirate
02-13-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't think even small market fans can blame him from wanting to get out of the situation he was in.

Fnom11
02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
His team got something in return: Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, Minnesota's 1st round pick.

He didn't drag it out a la Melo.

He didn't announce it on ESPN.

Weren't they the #1 seed? Why would you trade the best player in the world on the #1 team in the league?

People were mad because he's Lebron.

dtmagnet
02-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I gave him crap all last season when he was asking for a trade, now that he's on the Clippers I still don't like him I just don't care about him enough to keep bringing it up.

FOBolous
02-13-2012, 06:04 PM
cause he kept his mouth shut through the procesd unlike the other guys

knicks=love
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
cp3, melo, and bosh don't have names as big as lebron's. lebron's way of choosing a team ruined him because he's the only one to ever do it like that, and shouldn't have done it like that. if it was a normal way, he wouldn't be as hated IMO.

JordansBulls
02-13-2012, 06:33 PM

No, it is because he didn't make a tv program on it.

davids22
02-13-2012, 06:35 PM

Exactly this. Look at the Cavs lineup when they went to the finals.
Lebron James
Larry Hughes
Big Z
Drew Gooden
Sasha Pav
Donyell Marshall
Anderson Varejao
Damon Jones
Eric Snow
Shannon Brown

Those players are GARBAGE besides Lebron. Varejao is the only guy from that list who starts in the NBA. Drew Gooden only starts now because Andrew Bogut went down for the season.

Let's look at the last Cavs team he had, the 09-10 Cavs.
Lebron James
Shaq
Antawn Jamison
Mo Williams
JJ Hickson
D West
Sebastian Telfair
Big Z
Anthony Parker
Anderson Varejao

Looks better right? Wrong. Shaq was hobbled and old, Anthony Parker hobbled and old, Antawn Jamison was alright but still on the downside especially in contrast to how they could have had Amare if they had just gotten rid of JJ Hickson. Yeah JJ Hickson was a great potential guy to hold on to, right? Mo Williams can ball, but to be the 2nd leading scorer on a supposed-to-be contending team? Ew. D West was a plague on that team if the Gloria James rumors are true.

Once again, how many of the 09-10 players still start in the NBA? Two, Antwan and Varejao.

ink
02-13-2012, 07:19 PM

It's a clear double standard for starters. Secondly, now that everyone has grilled the Heat players for their sins, everybody has suddenly revised NBA history to say that it was always like this. :facepalm: What can you do? The NBA is a fanboy's league first and foremost so nothing really has to make any sense beyond TMZ levels of integrity.

championships
02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Paul at least told the franchise that he was going into free agency so the Hornets had time to get something for him. getting back garbage for him is Sterns fault not his.

Lebron messed around, Never told Cleveland his plans on leaving and left them shocked and screwed.

Dwight and Melo We just grew tired of the Drama that played out. CP was traded right away.

sep11ie
02-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I blame Katrina.

JEDean89
02-13-2012, 07:50 PM
the cp3 saga was over just as it had begun. lebron wouldn't have gotten the scrutiny if it hadn't been for the decision, at least not as much. melo held the nuggs ransom (though it turned out to be the knicks that he truly held) and bosh is the third stooge, and not a real superstar, people just didn't really like him. CP3 is easily the most likeable star of the bunch. He just has a better demeanor and less of the super inflated ego that the other players had.

WeaponXXX
02-13-2012, 07:53 PM

I would say so too. I'm sure if you spoke to an avid ball fan of NO... they'd show you the hate.

WeaponXXX
02-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Because CP3 didn't have a 30 minute ESPN special where they had pictures of him on how he would look with different jerseys. LOL.... To be honestly i'm surprised Lebron is still alive.

smith&wesson
02-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Because c.paul and the hornets didnt drag it out for months and months. the move was made and the teams moved on.

The Ooh Child
02-13-2012, 08:03 PM
because http://media.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/photo/lbj-tv-grab-dpjpg-9dda9bc41a192848_large.jpg

Dramedy
02-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Because with David West gone he was looking at playing for a team worse than any LeBron played for, there wasn't a stable ownership situation and the team is probably going to move. I wouldn't attach myself to that organization as a ball boy let alone a super star.