PDA

View Full Version : The Jeremy Lin Discussion 3.0

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PC
02-12-2012, 02:44 PM
2nd thread: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=693927

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Lin is a monster :D 3 threads and will be more then the dwight howard trade talk :P Lets go knicks bring MSG back to TWC

AIsixersFK
02-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Anytime 20 points 9 assists 6 rebounds or whatever it was is considered an "off night" for you you've made it to the big times. I am infatuated with this kid. I hate that he has so many haters. People never like to see other people do well. smh

yaswaggin
02-12-2012, 02:55 PM
after watching him play i will say this:

1. his crossover is dirty

2. hes got a very good floater

3. can finish well after contact

4. inconsistent jumper, but makes em in clutch situations

5. plays good defense

6. scores his points in spurts, he goes off for like 8 straight points, cools off, then gets hot again

7. hes his biggest critic, and he has a great heart

8. hes got hops

9. loves the double clutch layup

10. thrives off the crowd

11. is great when passing into the paint, but when he gets fatigued he makes some lazy passes on the perimiter

12. suprises opponents with his quick first step

Nick O
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
man hes so exciting to watch i cant even sleep.. im an Linsomniac..... and with that every terrible jeremy lin joke has been taken........... but no i love the guy

P Styles
02-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I just like that he has a ton of heart, and plays TEAM ball.

I won't go on to predict greatness, but i am very happy to have him.

nate2usmc
02-12-2012, 03:01 PM
DAMN. 3 threads :facepalm:

nate2usmc
02-12-2012, 03:02 PM

This is why I'm hyped about him. The scoring is just the icing on the cake.

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2012, 03:03 PM

you ganna cry in this thread like you did in the other one? :p

JordansBulls
Dude is a stud

yaswaggin

3rd time the charm

if u dont like it, go find another thread with another LINk.

Hustla23
02-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Can we just have a Sticky Jeremy Lin thread?

But anyways, he did not have a good night last night. He scored 20 points, but it took him 24 shots to do so. He had way too many turnovers.

Does this mean he's a bum and a fluke? Nah.

I don't think he's a superstar but I do think he's a very capable point guard that can help the Knicks tremendously.

He's having to bear a tremendous scoring burden at the moment with Amare and Melo not playing.

When they get back, that's two weapons for him to pass to. I think his scoring will go down significantly but his assist numbers will go up to offset that.

What impresses me most about him is his defense. He doesn't back down from anyone and plays positional defense very well. So happy to have this kid.

JasonJohnHorn
02-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Another Lin thread? This is LINSANE!!!!

I don't mean to Linterupt the thread, but think we should all Linclude as many lin-words as possible (or as Linpossible) lin this thread. It would be Lincomplete without a Linsane about of such Linguage. I heard Lin has to dress Lincognito when he walks about Lin York to avoid Linstant attention from all the Linatics.

Seriously. What we need is context. Lin has posted 20+ points and 8 or so assists a game for five or six games. Mike James did that for an entire season, and he still didnt turn into an elite point guard. We need more time to make an assessment.

Rubio though, that kids for real. We should have more Rubio threads than Lin threads.

nate2usmc
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
you ganna cry in this thread like you did in the other one? :p

Whattttt I was defending the Knicks fanbase and Lin!!! lol

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Whattttt I was defending the Knicks fanbase and Lin!!! lol

ohh I see. lol :D

nate2usmc
02-12-2012, 03:19 PM
3rd time the charm

if u dont like it, go find another thread with another LINk.

Nice lol.

The issue is this is all setting up Knick fans to get laughed at when he goes through a bad streak most likely in two weeks, when they have to integrate Melo in the plan!

We will have to avoid the main forum if that happens lol

nirvana235
02-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Lin is the Jose Bautista of the NBA.

JasonJohnHorn
02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
When they (Melo and Amare) get back, that's two weapons for him to pass to. I think his scoring will go down significantly but his assist numbers will go up to offset that.

If anybody has been taking a look at his turnovers, they will notice that he gets almost as many turnovers as he does assists. He is going to have to bring that number down in order to be efficient on a contender. A good point guard should have at least a 2-1 assist-to-turnover ration (a great one 3-1). He got 8-6 against Minny, 7-6 against the Lakers, 10-2 against Washington (his best performance) 8-8 against Utah and 7-1 against the Nets (another good game). He's going to have to be more consistent with his assist-to-turnover ratio if he wants to keep getting big minutes. A lot of those are because he's got a big scoring load on his shoulders. His average heading into the next game is 4.1-2.2, which is decent, but that number has actually been getting worse because of his last five games, not better. He's practically a rookie though, and I'm hoping he turns into a real star, but lets face is, if a sophomore player from Charlotte, Toronto of Detroit strung together a few 20+ point games, he wouldnt be getting the kind of attention that Lin is getting.

When the big guns get back into the line-up and he starts to take on a more traditional PG role, we'll see what he can really get done. I'm cautiously optimistic.

JasonJohnHorn
02-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Nice lol.

The issue is this is all setting up Knick fans to get laughed at when he goes through a bad streak most likely in two weeks, when they have to integrate Melo in the plan!

We will have to avoid the main forum if that happens lol

I think you mean when they Lintergrate Melo in the plan ;-)

TheRunKiller
02-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm going to kill myself if there's a 5.0

TheRunKiller
02-12-2012, 03:33 PM

He can't be cuz I've never heard of Jose bautista

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm going to kill myself if there's a 5.0

if he keeps it up theres ganna be a 10.0

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2012, 03:34 PM
He can't be cuz I've never heard of Jose bautista

are you serious?

sunsfan88
02-12-2012, 03:35 PM
He needs to get better at passing. Only one time did he hit double digits in assists in a game.

He's got a bright future though, very humble and everything. If he can just learn how to shoot, I'd even go as far as saying his ceiling is Tony Parker.

Hustla23
02-12-2012, 03:36 PM
If anybody has been taking a look at his turnovers, they will notice that he gets almost as many turnovers as he does assists. He is going to have to bring that number down in order to be efficient on a contender. A good point guard should have at least a 2-1 assist-to-turnover ration (a great one 3-1). He got 8-6 against Minny, 7-6 against the Lakers, 10-2 against Washington (his best performance) 8-8 against Utah and 7-1 against the Nets (another good game). He's going to have to be more consistent with his assist-to-turnover ratio if he wants to keep getting big minutes. A lot of those are because he's got a big scoring load on his shoulders. His average heading into the next game is 4.1-2.2, which is decent, but that number has actually been getting worse because of his last five games, not better. He's practically a rookie though, and I'm hoping he turns into a real star, but lets face is, if a sophomore player from Charlotte, Toronto of Detroit strung together a few 20+ point games, he wouldnt be getting the kind of attention that Lin is getting.

When the big guns get back into the line-up and he starts to take on a more traditional PG role, we'll see what he can really get done. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Definitely. People underrate the negative impact of turnovers and like to gloss over it. Lin's USG at the moment is incredibly high which just shows the overwhelming offensive burden that's on him right now. But the good thing is that his scoring has been incredibly efficient to offset the turnovers.

Lin's USG will almost certainly go down when Amare and Melo come back and I suspect that his turnover rate will go down as well with a decrease in USG.

northsider
02-12-2012, 03:41 PM

I wouldn't go that far only cause what Bautista is doing on a statistical speaking level taking age and such factors in consideration is practically unheard of and still baffling. He isn't just having a great season he has been the top offensive producer in baseball.

Where as I think Lin is becoming a case of a very hard working player who just kept sneaking under the radar and is now making his hard work pay off.

However in a sense of WOW who the hell is this guy then yeah quite similar.

nycericanguy
02-12-2012, 03:41 PM
He needs to get better at passing. Only one time did he hit double digits in assists in a game.

He's got a bright future though, very humble and everything. If he can just learn how to shoot, I'd even go as far as saying his ceiling is Tony Parker.

Thats a tough standard to hold him to. Nash is the only PG in the NBA right now averaging double digit assists.

Lin at 8.0 would be 7th in the NBA if he qualified.

People keep talking about Melo adjusting to Lin, but it should be interesting to see Lin adjust to Melo & Amare too, because I'm still not sure what kind of PG he is. He scores alot, but is that because he's playing with a lineup where no one can create their own shot?

And I love Jeffries, but he's cost Lin alot of assists. I wonder if Lin turns into more of pass first PG once Melo & Amare come back. He should still be able to score 12-15ppg though given that NY doesn't have a bonafide 3rd scorer.

If he could be an efficient 14ppg 8apg 4rpg type of player for NY they hit the jackpot.

nate2usmc
02-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I think you mean when they Lintergrate Melo in the plan ;-)

Haha well said!

GiantsSwaGG
02-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Balllllllllin!

heyman321
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
All he needs to do is continue to work on his jumpshot and 3 pointer, and not turn t \he ball over so much. But that comes with experience and getting used to fatigue. This guy will be a VERY good player for the forseeable future.

nate2usmc
02-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Thats a tough standard to hold him to. Nash is the only PG in the NBA right now averaging double digit assists.

People keep talking about Melo adjusting to Lin, but it should be interesting to see Lin adjust to Melo & Amare too, because I'm still not sure what kind of PG he is. He scores alot, but is that because he's playing with a lineup where no one can create their own shot?

And I love Jeffries, but he's cost Lin alot of assists. I wonder if Lin turns into more of pass first PG once Melo & Amare come back. He should still be able to score 12-15ppg though given that NY doesn't have a bonafide 3rd scorer.

If he could be an efficient 14ppg 8apg 4rpg type of player for NY they hit the jackpot.

For the sake of the Knicks season, he needs to.

nate2usmc
02-12-2012, 03:58 PM
All he needs to do is continue to work on his jumpshot and 3 pointer, and not turn t \he ball over so much. But that comes with experience and getting used to fatigue. This guy will be a VERY good player for the forseeable future.

Hope so because he has shown the Knicks that teamwork works. Pretty shocking considering the sport is a team sport. Before Lin, guys would just wait on Melo's decision to make somethin happen and stand there. Melo better buy in but I think he will since he seemed like he enjoyed the Laker game lol

WeaponXXX
02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
lol 20/6/8 and 6 Turnovers is not awful. Its pretty solid for rook playing back to back to back 38 minutes.

willabeast77
02-12-2012, 04:22 PM
lol 20/6/8 and 6 Turnovers is not awful. Its pretty solid for rook playing back to back to back 38 minutes.

He shot 33% and choked in the 2nd half.

Bubba313
02-12-2012, 04:23 PM

Choking implies a loss... Also implies that he didn't hit the game-winning free throw after a fearless drive to the basket

NYsFinest
02-12-2012, 04:44 PM

You can't be serious :facepalm: ...Lin has played 500 minutes in the NBA (Rubio has played double that) so far and he's averaging 27 and 8 on 52% shooting while leading a team of bench players to a 5 game winning streak.

Voodoo Alchemy
02-12-2012, 04:45 PM

lin's way better than steve nash was in his rookie season. it took nash many years to become a great player. nash never had the explosiveness or a wicked crossover like lin. nash is more crafty, lin is just an outright ballah!

nirvana235
02-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Rubio: 12 pts 8 assists on 33% shooting, dribbled ball off his foot at the end of the game,

NOW who choked?

MTar786
02-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Rubio: 12 pts 8 assists on 33% shooting, dribbled ball off his foot at the end of the game,

NOW who choked?

defensively rubio made lin look like sun yue. but whatever.. thy're both going to be great players

John Walls Era
02-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Sun Yue > Rubio + Lin

Championship! lol

zoned88
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
defensively rubio made lin look like sun yue. but whatever.. thy're both going to be great players

They both looked sloppy.. Its like they both canceled eachother out.

PacersForLife
02-12-2012, 05:08 PM
So Knicks fans can make all these threads about Jeremy Lin, but the whole Pacer fan-base gets bashed about saying a few things about Paul George? This forum makes sense.

heyman321
02-12-2012, 05:14 PM
So Knicks fans can make all these threads about Jeremy Lin, but the whole Pacer fan-base gets bashed about saying a few things about Paul George? This forum makes sense.

It's cause Paul George is 6'10. I heard he grew to 7'2 though.

Young2Kinsler
02-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Give it 2 weeks...this too shall pass. Melo will RUIN this team as soon as he is back

zoned88
02-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Give it 2 weeks...this too shall pass. Melo will RUIN this team as soon as he is back

Or so u hope he ruins it.

Tony_Starks
02-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Its going to be crazy next allstar game when Rose has to come off the bench because Lin "Yao Ming"d him........

TomahawkChop 10
02-12-2012, 05:24 PM
This subject is very "lin"teresting. A bench-warmer comes out of nowhere to steal the show like some sort of "Lin"derella story. He has led the Knicks to a "lin" in each game that he has started in. This dude comes night in and night out bal"lin", it's freaking "lin"sanity!

heyman321
02-12-2012, 05:26 PM
This subject is very "lin"teresting. A bench-warmer comes out of nowhere to steal the show like some sort of "Lin"derella story. He has led the Knicks to a "lin" in each game that he has started in. This dude comes night in and night out bal"lin", it's freaking "lin"sanity!

omg shut it down. SHUT IT DOWN. THIS GUY JUST USED 5 PUNS IN ONE POST. Man Jeremy Lin has sure been a catalinst for all these jokes...

sunsfan88
02-12-2012, 05:37 PM

Yea but in a D'Antoni offense, its not that hard for good PGs to put up 10+ assists. Hell I think even Felton had quite a few double digit assists game when he was with NY. And Lin needs to cut down on his TOs, his assists /TOs ratio is awful.

Also needs to learn to shoot. He doesn't have the quickness of Westbrook or Rondo or anything so if he wants to be a star player in this league you have to be able to shoot the ball and distribute accordingly.

BTW when does Amare and Melo come back?

sunsfan88
02-12-2012, 05:41 PM

Could have changed that to "lin" too I think :D

NYsFinest
02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Yea but in a D'Antoni offense, its not that hard for good PGs to put up 10+ assists. Hell I think even Felton had quite a few double digit assists game when he was with NY. And Lin needs to cut down on his TOs, his assists /TOs ratio is awful.

Also needs to learn to shoot. He doesn't have the quickness of Westbrook or Rondo or anything so if he wants to be a star player in this league you have to be able to shoot the ball and distribute accordingly.

He has played 500 minutes in the NBA, he is going to make "rookie" mistakes. Rubio has been amazing but he also has 6 TO games sometimes. Lin also plays way too many minutes because Knicks don't have a back up PG, he seems like he runs out of gas sometimes. Baron Davis might be perfect for that role so he can ease into playing again this season.

Amar'e comes back on Monday and Melo should be back sometime later in the week.

new york blue
02-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Tuesday

IceMan360
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM

Lmao well done :clap:

sunsfan88
02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Its going to be crazy next allstar game when Rose has to come off the bench because Lin "Yao Ming"d him........

I'm gonna laugh so hard if that happens. I can only imagine what Chicago fans would do!

nycericanguy
02-12-2012, 05:59 PM

Amare back tueday, Melo could come back right after.

I think you're expecting too much out of the kid, he's basically a rookie. 10apg is hard in any system, MIke's system didn't make Douglas, Duhon, Shumpert, or Bibby look good.

PhillyBoomerang
02-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Hes exciting for basketball, hopefully he keeps up this production when the Carmelo and Amare Come back, i think he will because the way he plays team basketball, something i was hard on the knicks not having but after a 5 game Linning streak knicks have became entertaining again..

h2r09
02-12-2012, 06:15 PM
if i see one more unclever lin pun I'm going to hit somebody.

heyman321
02-12-2012, 06:19 PM
if i see one more unclever lin pun I'm going to hit somebody.

Why is someone linstigating you?

mlisica19
02-12-2012, 06:22 PM
He is exciting, but lets give him a full season and lets see how he does in the future. Lets continue to watch but lets not jump to conclusions. Hes a good player though, and he continues to impresss. He just has to continue it.

Why does everyone talk about Melo coming back may not work? DO people forget that Melo has been around players like Lin before... He has been around team USA who has tons of stars and Melo did just fine then

Gritz
02-12-2012, 06:40 PM
This man is off the chazain

Hope he has a cool career

Jint.
02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Hadouken..!

jam
02-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Jerry Lin shakes up the status quo. He's not a great int'l player like Dirk or Yao. He's not black. He's not white. The very fact that he's unique is confusing and therefore inconvenient.

On top of that, as Spike Lee had the balls to says, people be racial profilin' :) People can accept the stereotype of a smart Asian American, even a financially well to do Asian American. But a smart Asian American who's wealthy and ballin? That violates the stereotype and leads to a backlash.

The haters are too lazy to confront their own stereotypes. The evidence gets ignored. To this day, you have still haters who claim wasn't really a good center. Yao's been destroying people since he was a teenager.

Most people can't handle thinking for themselves. Anytime they are forced to reevaluate, they react with abject fear. It's like forcing a slave out if it's cage.

Anytime 20 points 9 assists 6 rebounds or whatever it was is considered an "off night" for you you've made it to the big times. I am infatuated with this kid. I hate that he has so many haters. People never like to see other people do well. smh

Tony_Starks
02-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm gonna laugh so hard if that happens. I can only imagine what Chicago fans would do!

Its not a if, its almost a certainty. He's going to have an entire nation voting for him like Yao did, its a wrap! Hopefully it will force the nba to take the voting out of the fans hands......

jam
02-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Jerry West tells haters to STFU:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2012/02/12/jerry-west-on-jeremy-lin-my-god-hes-a-tremendous-player/

Jerry West on Jeremy Lin: “My God, he’s a tremendous player”

Posted by Tim Kawakami on February 12th, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

* Programming note: I also spoke to Jerry West about the Warriors’ performance so far and whether he feels he’s being listened to by Joe Lacob and the front office. (He says they talk to him all the time, but added that he will be in the Bay Area more once this year’s Northern Trust Open at Riviera concludes a week from today; West is the event’s executive director.)

But there’s so much interest in Lin, I’ll keep this to JW on JL and peel off the Warriors-centric stuff for a later item.

-If you know Jerry West, you know he loves great basketball and he especially loves the players who create those moments and shake up the sports world.

If you know West, you know he has to love Jeremy Lin, right?

“My God, he’s a tremendous player,” West said this morning of the Knicks’ guard, by way of Palo Alto High, Harvard, the Warriors and Rockets.

West was in Southern California talking to me by phone, so I wasn’t looking at him, but if he wasn’t beaming and shaking his head at the same time, I’d be shocked.

“I thought he was a very good player,” West said of Lin, “but as I’ve watched him, it’s like a Cinderella story.

“Really a feel-good story, how hard he’s worked, how dedicated he’s been. Obviously his parents have been very supportive of him… I watched him play last night (in a victory over Minnesota). I said to myself, ‘Jesus Christ Almighty, where’d this guy come from?’”

West said he only met Lin briefly, years ago, and that he didn’t scout Lin’s college career at Harvard.

But watching Lin play with the Knicks in five memorable games–and just four starts–West said it’s safe to conclude that Lin has already proven himself on the NBA level.

“He’s just so clever,” West said. “He doesn’t overwhelm you with athleticism. But he’s plenty athletic. He’s just so clever, a little subtle change of direction.

“If you watch, Chris Paul looks like he’s out there going to sleep playing basketball, just little subtle shifts and maneuvers with the ball.

“(Lin)’s not as gifted with the ball as Paul, but he’s really a very clever player. He’s hard to read defensively; teams are putting different defensive players on him, and he just goes by them.

“It’s great to watch, I’ll say that.”

Interestingly, while West was more than happy to talk about Lin and all things Lin-sanity, he laughed and immediately cut me off when I asked one specific question:

Did the Warriors’ front office check with their most famous exec-board member before the team released Lin on the first day of training camp this season?

“I don’t want to go there,” West said, with a chuckle. A pause. “Just: No comment.”

We’ll have to make our own judgment on that one, then, but read what he has to say about Lin and I think West’s view is clear on this one.

“So many times in sports we write and care about the guys who started out with a lot of attention,” West said. “This is something all kids should look at. It’s about more than him. He’s living his dreams through adverse conditions…

“I don’t know him, wasn’t aware of him. My son Ryan (a scout with the Lakers) liked him in college because of the way he played. I wish I knew him as a player.”

So, Jerry, is Lin destined to remain an NBA starting lead guard?

More West laughter, like he couldn’t believe the question. He possibly muttered a few words under his breath, but he did it merrily.

“I definitely think he’s a starter,” West said finally.

So what happens with the Knicks when Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire get back into the line-up?

“I don’t know, but I see a completely different energy level (with Lin),” West said. “And maybe they need to play a different way. This kid has contributed something special.

“I hope it continues.”

sunsfan88
02-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Its not a if, its almost a certainty. He's going to have an entire nation voting for him like Yao did, its a wrap! Hopefully it will force the nba to take the voting out of the fans hands......

Or hopefully the NBA will just leave Lin out of the ballot altogether so its impossible for him to get it! :D

jam
02-12-2012, 07:34 PM
J Lin is an american citizen by birth. Thank you for being stupid.

Tony_Starks
02-12-2012, 07:38 PM
J Lin is an american citizen by birth. Thank you for being stupid.

What does that have to do with who will be voting for him? Use your brain guy. But then again you may be right, Im sure place of birth and citizenship play a major role in fan voting.........

And thank YOU for the insult, way to keep the forum classy!

Tony_Starks
02-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Or hopefully the NBA will just leave Lin out of the ballot altogether so its impossible for him to get it! :D

Haha! We can dream can't we?

jam
02-12-2012, 07:45 PM
What does that have to do with who will be voting for him? Use your brain guy. But then again you may be right, Im sure place of birth and citizenship play a major role in fan voting.........

And his parents are immigrants from Taiwan, not mainland China. Thank you for being doubly stupid.

knicksfan42
02-12-2012, 07:58 PM

Actually the first 2 Lin threads were not made by Knicks fans. I think the mods just decide to close threads down by the time they reach between 60-70 pages and create new threads on the topic.

latinofire21
02-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Jam I dont think it matters regardless of his origins or citizenship. Hes going to get the asian vote.

jam
02-12-2012, 08:15 PM
http://www.mbpgsu.ca/mbpblog/files/2010/12/facepalm-500x400.jpg

KingOf215
02-12-2012, 08:23 PM

Hit the nail on the head right there. :clap:

SHOULDA COULDA
02-12-2012, 08:23 PM

5. plays good defense

6. scores his points in spurts, he goes off for like 8 straight points, cools off, then gets hot again

8. hes got hops

11. is great when passing into the paint, but when he gets fatigued he makes some lazy passes on the perimiter

Dude, astute post man!

KingOf215
02-12-2012, 08:31 PM

LeBron James is African-American... but I'm sure he doesn't count on votes from Kenya or Ethiopia. However, I wouldn't be shocked if there were a good amount of Congolese that voted for Dikembe Mutombo when he was playing...

so in short, yes, it does matter where you were born and your citizenship.

streetsmarts13
02-12-2012, 08:31 PM

I am a die hard Knicks fan and i totally agree with this statement. Melo is over rated and a very selfish player. I wish the knicks would get rid of him. I hate to say this but they will never win a championship with Melo.

jammastershake
02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Tin Tebow.

Tony_Starks
02-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Jam I dont think it matters regardless of his origins or citizenship. Hes going to get the asian vote.

Don't waste your time, this simple concept is lost on him. Also the fact that Lin has spoke countless times about representing for the asian community and refers to himself as a Asian American apparently is lost on him as well.....

redhorse
02-12-2012, 08:46 PM

I agree. Im an asian american and Im rooting a lot for the guy. So have my friends who dont even pay attention to the sport have posted About lin on FB. Its a great story and I wish ppl can appreciate the moment instead of being all negative about it. Look nobody says he will be like drose or rondo. So my expectations are realistic like majority of knicks fans are which is now hopefully the knicks have found their pg, but What he has done in this span has been very fun to watch and hopefully it can continue.

Hugbees
02-12-2012, 08:47 PM
better than rose

latinofire21
02-12-2012, 08:48 PM
LeBron James is African-American... but I'm sure he doesn't count on votes from Kenya or Ethiopia. However, I wouldn't be shocked if there were a good amount of Congolese that voted for Dikembe Mutombo when he was playing...

so in short, yes, it does matter where you were born and your citizenship.

Thats a ridiculous parallel to make. Your kidding yourself if you really believe that. How many black athletes are in the NBA? They must have at least 90 percent of all roster space. There arent very many spanish athletes or chineese athletes in the league.

When one player steps up and starts playing well from an ethnicity not very prodamanent in the league its going to be a media frenzy. Yao Ming got the attention not because he was from China. Koreans and Japaneese also rooted for him. As a matter of fact most prodamently asian countries voted for Yao. I remember ESPN showing that stupid chart with all star voting when Yao Ming was killing everyone on the votes.

If there was an incredible Indian Player you best believe he will recieve a lot of hype.

Ricky Rubio is an amazing player but the Media is all over him because hes European/Spanish and hes creating a lot of buzz around the league. This type of stuff isnt acknowledged much but it clearly plays a factor in the favoritism.

Ricky Rubio vs Kyrie Irving. You hear nothing about Irving everything is about Rubio. Is that because only Spanish people watch the news? Give me a break with that Lebron Parallel dude its just sickening.

GodsSon
02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Thats a ridiculous parallel to make. Your kidding yourself if you really believe that. How many black athletes are in the NBA? They must have at least 90 percent of all roster space. There arent very many spanish athletes or chineese athletes in the league.

When one player steps up and starts playing well from an ethnicity not very prodamanent in the league its going to be a media frenzy. Yao Ming got the attention not because he was from China. Koreans and Japaneese also rooted for him. As a matter of fact most prodamently asian countries voted for Yao. I remember ESPN showing that stupid chart with all star voting when Yao Ming was killing everyone on the votes.

If there was an incredible Indian Player you best believe he will recieve a lot of hype.

Ricky Rubio is an amazing player but the Media is all over him because hes European/Spanish and hes creating a lot of buzz around the league. This type of stuff isnt acknowledged much but it clearly plays a factor in the favoritism.

Ricky Rubio vs Kyrie Irving. You hear nothing about Irving everything is about Rubio. Is that because only Spanish people watch the news? Give me a break with that Lebron Parallel dude its just sickening.

Agreed. If Jeremy Lin was Jeremy Lind, a white/black kid from the Bay Area who graduated from Harvard, he wouldn't be getting nearly the same amount of media attention.

I'm not hating on the kid, but the hype this story has been getting is ridiculous.

redhorse
02-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Agreed. If Jeremy Lin was Jeremy Lind, a white/black kid from the Bay Area who graduated from Harvard, he wouldn't be getting nearly the same amount of media attention.

I'm not hating on the kid, but the hype this story has been getting is ridiculous.

Well if this guy was black or white he would of gotten a chance to play in the first place. He also would of gotten a scholarship out of high school. He also probably would get more respect from other ppl on this site if he were a black or white pg.

And how is it ridiculous? I mean one he isnt just putting up decent numbers hes putting up crazy numbers in the past few games. Look at the team that is put out their. The knicks havent won a game against the Lakers in 5 years yet we win with the squad that was put out there. A ridiculous story was to me ws about mike vic having " a comeback year" last year. That kinda stuff is ridiculous too me.

EnWhyKay
02-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Being that Amare and Melo arent around he has been scoring.. When they come back he will move to his natural role as a facilitar a la rondo.. And thats when the Knicks will truly be dangerous.. All things considered.. And if we stay healthy.. If im in the east.. I do no want to see the New York Knicks in the first round of the Playoffs..

As for a respect goes.. This kid is a stud.. He has game.. I respect his game..

funkybudda
02-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Well if this guy was black or white he would of gotten a chance to play in the first place. He also would of gotten a scholarship out of high school. He also probably would get more respect from other ppl on this site if he were a black or white pg.

And how is it ridiculous? I mean one he isnt just putting up decent numbers hes putting up crazy numbers in the past few games. Look at the team that is put out their. The knicks havent won a game against the Lakers in 5 years yet we win with the squad that was put out there. A ridiculous story was to me ws about mike vic having " a comeback year" last year. That kinda stuff is ridiculous too me.

exactly, the kid was not given any opportunity mostly due to his ethnicity, and people keep wanting to brushed that under the rug. IF he was given the opportunity to play in the beginning, the story would not be as big as it is right now. Consider what the blacks have gone through in this country, the Asian-american needs a breakout story like this, especially in the various sports in America.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-12-2012, 09:52 PM
1. Jeremy Lin (2011-2012 New York Knicks): 109 points

2. Allen Iverson (1996-1997 Philadelphia 76ers): 101 points

3. Shaquille O'Neal (1992-1993 Orlando Magic): 100 points

4. Michael Jordan (1984-1985 Chicago Bulls): 99 points

Just thought this was an interesting note pertaining to NBA history.

jp611
02-12-2012, 09:53 PM
There's a reason he has a thread

LongIslandIcedZ
02-12-2012, 09:56 PM
That is unbelievable, but it's not like he's gonna follow their career pathes

jp611
02-12-2012, 09:58 PM
That is unbelievable, but it's not like he's gonna follow their career pathes

Nope, he's gonna be better than all of them combined :D

jam
02-12-2012, 10:03 PM

You would have to add their assist totals for a better picture of what was going on.

As well as their team's W/L records in that span.

What J Lin is doing now is unprecedented when you add in those two factors.

I'd like to see Lin do what Jordan did after getting banged around by the Pistons for years and years: get in the weight room in the off-season.

Raph12
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Those other guys were rookies making their NBA debuts, not like they had a full season experience prior to their starts...

GodsSon
02-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Well if this guy was black or white he would of gotten a chance to play in the first place. He also would of gotten a scholarship out of high school. He also probably would get more respect from other ppl on this site if he were a black or white pg

Do you have any type of documented facts to back up at that assertion? Or are you just assuming that racial stereotyping took place league-wide because he's of Asian descent?

Give me a break man, the kid was an undrafted prospect who did well in summer league. Big deal, LOTS of players kill the summer league, and he deservedly sat at the end of the bench his entire career up to this point. I'm sure many players could have the "Lin" effect if they were given a chance, but them's the breaks; he was given a chance and he's seizing it. Good for him.

My problem with this whole saga is how much hype is surrounding him when the sample size is just 5 games. Obviously the media/NBA loves to sensationalize stories and they're running with this one; especially in NY, where they are dying and clinging onto the hope of a saviour. But let's be real here, the same reason you claim he wasn't given a chance, is the same reason he's suddenly become the talk of the town.

To put it into perspective, Pekovic of the Wolves has been absolutely killing it in the last 7 games, but no one is talking about him. Wonder why?

GodsSon
02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
exactly, the kid was not given any opportunity mostly due to his ethnicity, and people keep wanting to brushed that under the rug. IF he was given the opportunity to play in the beginning, the story would not be as big as it is right now. Consider what the blacks have gone through in this country, the Asian-american needs a breakout story like this, especially in the various sports in America.

Again, back that claim up with a GM saying "we didn't play him because he's Asian", or get out of here with that BS.

redhorse
02-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Do you have any type of documented facts to back up at that assertion? Or are you just assuming that racial stereotyping took place league-wide because he's of Asian descent?

Give me a break man, the kid was an undrafted prospect who did well in summer league. Big deal, LOTS of players kill the summer league, and he deservedly sat at the end of the bench his entire career up to this point. I'm sure many players could have the "Lin" effect if they were given a chance, but them's the breaks; he was given a chance and he's seizing it. Good for him.

My problem with this whole saga is how much hype is surrounding him when the sample size is just 5 games. Obviously the media/NBA loves to sensationalize stories and they're running with this one; especially in NY, where they are dying and clinging onto the hope of a saviour. But let's be real here, the same reason you claim he wasn't given a chance, is the same reason he's suddenly become the talk of the town.

To put it into perspective, Pekovic of the Wolves has been absolutely killing it in the last 7 games, but no one is talking about him. Wonder why?

bro if u dont think ethnicity plays into why he didnt play. Then ur just being ignorant about the whole subject. U dont have to be black to be prejudice against. I dont have any evidence of that happening, but like kobe said players dont come out of nowhere especially in the nba. Im an asian american myself understand How it feels to be overlooked when it comes to sports. I dont want to brag but I know I can pay ball better than someone who probably looks the role, but that person will always get picked before me.

LOL bro I promise if mikola was playing in NY he also wouldnt be getting as much attention as lin is getting because. Being an asian american baller pretty much doesnt exist in the NBA. So that comparison is a fail.

Like I said before why isnt this not a story? Again look at who the knicks are putting out there the past 5 games? U think they should lose all their games. And the Laker game was a big game because it was against the best player in the planet in the biggest stage of all sports. He had hype going into the game and exceeded everybody expectations in that game. It was a special moment whether u like it or not

BTW who in their right mind would openly say I didnt pick this guy because he is asian? Come on now be serious

jam
02-12-2012, 10:21 PM
No one else has done what J Lin has done in his first 4 starts.

However, I'm sure your "expert" opinion trumps that of Jerry West:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/

Kawakami: Jerry West calls Jeremy Lin 'a tremendous player"

Tmath
02-12-2012, 10:22 PM
In other news Ramon Sessions is averaging 18 pts and 12 ast since Irving has been out, good story that has been over shadowed by all this Lin hype.

Evolution23
02-12-2012, 10:23 PM

Well you are missing the big picture. Lin has almost single hand-idly carried the Knicks to 5 straight victories. He has turned Tyson Chandler and Jared Jeffries into offensive weapons. Lin was the 15th guy on the bench and was 2 days away from being cut from the team.

Pekovic is being talked about a lot around the league but unlike Lin, Pekovic was drafted and his game is semi-known around the league. Also the Wolves have lost 3 straight games so of course he's not going to get Lin like attention. If Love and Rubio go down with injuries and Pekovic comes out and goes crazy and is the single most important reason for the Wolves success, then he too would get Lin like attention.

heyman321
02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Again, back that claim up with a GM saying "we didn't play him because he's Asian", or get out of here with that BS.

You think his ethnicity had NOTHING to do with it? Read between the lines. He was glanced over in D1 recruiting, overlooked in college even though he killed at Harvard, and went undrafted. Pekovic isn't getting attention because he's a European white guy who was already playing professional ball. All you have to do is listen to what Spike Lee said, "Racial profilin". Straight up out of a Knick fan's mouth.

jam
02-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Pekovic's last 7: 21, 12, 10, 23, 11, 27, 13. He scores over 20 in 3 of 7 games, and averages 16.7 ppg. He's in double figures in rebounds in 4 of 7 games. The Wolves have lost 4 of 7.

So, 16 ppg, 10 rpg, lose 4 out of 7. If that's "tearin' it up," you have extremely low standards.

Evolution23
02-12-2012, 10:30 PM

That is pretty ignorant to think a GM or any person in power would flat out say something so stupid like that. The truth is, real racism is hidden and subtle but I'm not going to go out and say that is the reason Lin hasn't got a shot yet. It might be part of the reason but not the whole reason.

NYsFinest
02-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Add in 33 assists on 50+% shooting and a 4-0 record :speechless:

jam
02-12-2012, 10:32 PM
In other news Ramon Sessions is averaging 18 pts and 12 ast since Irving has been out, good story that has been over shadowed by all this Lin hype.

And they've lost 2 of the last 3 in that span. Lost 3 of the last 5 and are 10 and 16 overall. That's not much of a story.

redhorse
02-12-2012, 10:32 PM

Whoa breaking news over here. Ramon sessions ave 18 points a game in cavs losses . What an amazing story. Start Ur own thread about it.

jam
02-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Add in 33 assists on 50+% shooting and a 4-0 record :speechless:

That's just crazy. No one in the NBA has done what Lin has done in his first four starts.

And this is AFTER the Knicks' two "best" players were out.

funkybudda
02-12-2012, 10:35 PM

right, if you are naive enough to think someone would come out and admit that, then there's no point to discuss any further. Besides, it's more than just here is PSD that have this speculation, sites like SI.com, NY Times and various other outlet have articles about this speculation. Here's one from NY TImes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/sports/basketball/for-knicks-lin-erasing-a-history-of-being-overlooked.html

On the contrary, do you have ANY proof the Lin's Ethnicity wasn't a factor due to being overlooked by other big college teams, and even after great stats after he graduated from Harvard? Dont answer, because we all know you can proof **** either, so STFU.

jam
02-12-2012, 10:38 PM
LOL, a full season of experience?!?

J Lin only played in 29 games for the Warriors, and averaged under 10 mpg. That's the equivalent of six or seven starts.

Haters gonna hate... :)

Those other guys were rookies making their NBA debuts, not like they had a full season experience prior to their starts...

shep33
02-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I saw the 3.0 in the title of this thread and I instantly giggled because I thought it was related to the Jeremy Lin penis threads

GodsSon
02-12-2012, 10:44 PM
right, if you are naive enough to think someone would come out and admit that, then there's no point to discuss any further. Besides, it's more than just here is PSD that have this speculation, sites like SI.com, NY Times and various other outlet have articles about this speculation. Here's one from NY TImes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/sports/basketball/for-knicks-lin-erasing-a-history-of-being-overlooked.html

On the contrary, do you have ANY proof the Lin's Ethnicity wasn't a factor due to being overlooked by other big college teams, and even after great stats after he graduated from Harvard? Dont answer, because we all know you can proof **** either, so STFU.

I do. NBA scouts are paid good money to scout out the best talent available, and have ample resources available to them to make that happen; regardless of what your ethnicity is. Scouting is also based on measurables, and what Lin appears to excel at isn't easily quantified by numbers.

Your assertion that various other sites are also working along the race line is a moot point, considering they're getting PAID to write juicy stories. The more juicy the story, the more it sells. That's common sense. It should also common sense what the NBA and media are trying to do here, and that's tap into the vast Asian market by promoting an Asian player; especially with the recent Yao retirement.

With the wavelength that posters are thinking along, then you can say that Ben Wallace was racially profiled since he was undrafted and benched in Orlando; until finally seizing the opportunity he was given in Detroit. That's how sports works people, when you're given a chance, you have to take it.

Raph12
02-12-2012, 10:46 PM
LOL, a full season of experience?!?

J Lin only played in 29 games for the Warriors, and averaged under 10 mpg. That's the equivalent of six or seven starts.

Haters gonna hate... :)

That's 29 games / 6 or 7 starts that those other guys didn't get... You learn a lot from sitting on the bench as well, the coaching, the practices, the actual gametime/play.

If you think it's the same, then I hope grade 8 is kinder to you.

jam
02-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Word. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Btw, nice pic of your girlfriend.

NOT!

You learn a lot from sitting on the bench

ewing
02-12-2012, 11:02 PM

If he was black he'd be getting hyped and it'd be a big story. It might not be quite as big a story but so what his production is what made it a story so either your hating or just bitter.

NY007
02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
I gotta be honest, the fact there is 3 threads on Lin is ********. The kid is only 23 and has shown he's a good legit PG, even if it's not to the point of where he's been playing. He's only and gonna get better, providing he stays healthy.

Heres what I don't get.. why are all these other fans starting **** and always bashing the Knick players and fans???

Does there really have to be a huge debate on this kid? He's obviously playng great, take it for what it is. He's a good young PG, let us Knick fans enjoy him.

NY007
02-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Good one Borat, so original.

Nobody I know.

BTW where did you get that pic? lol

jam
02-12-2012, 11:35 PM
The Knicks are one of the most poorly managed franchises in all of sports. Their ownership group has totally abused it's extremely wealthy but incredibly masochistic fan base.

I rep J Lin, but the Knicks ownership, management, and coaching staff are a big steaming dung pile.

FWBrodie
02-12-2012, 11:40 PM
He makes me want to commit Linfedelity.

jam
02-12-2012, 11:42 PM
GIF idea: Lin a mania is running wild!

NY007
02-13-2012, 12:10 AM
The Knicks are one of the most poorly managed franchises in all of sports. Their ownership group has totally abused it's extremely wealthy but incredibly masochistic fan base.

I rep J Lin, but the Knicks ownership, management, and coaching staff are a big steaming dung pile.

Couldn't agree more, people have no idea what it's like to be a fan of this team. But the heart is where it is.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-13-2012, 12:25 AM
espn is on his johnson hard..

Captain Moroni
02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Watching the heat tonite, eddy curry sighting....missed a layup, thanks Jeremy Lin for making us forget that waste of talent

Captain Moroni
02-13-2012, 12:31 AM

Do you actually have a point here?

Raph12
02-13-2012, 12:33 AM
gool very good

What does "gool" mean?

ACanadian
02-13-2012, 12:36 AM
What does "gool" mean?

Thats what im saying...

Young2Kinsler
02-13-2012, 12:38 AM

Well the KKK was started in Illinois...so we can only imagine.

NY007
02-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Do you actually have a point here?

Is his point is the owner is a ****ing ****** and he's right. I hate Dolan, but I root for the jersey and quite frankly I can't help it. A true fan roots and loves their team no matter what.

IDunknown
02-13-2012, 12:59 AM
I saw the 3.0 in the title of this thread and I instantly giggled because I thought it was related to the Jeremy Lin penis threads

awkward

Kuya_Clive
02-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Well the KKK was started in Illinois...so we can only imagine.

I'm pretty sure it was actually started in Tennessee or Mississippi.

PacersForLife
02-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by heyman321

Lmao well done :clap:

Well I guess it is well done considering he's the eleventh person to use this joke in the last week...

Punk
02-13-2012, 01:21 AM
So, Lin is now talked about in Forbes magazine, Sports illustrated, ABC World News, LA Times backpage and he's been talked about every 30 minutes on ESPN.

Lol I honestly don't think Blake Griffin got this much attention last year. This is nuts. Yao Ming rookie season all over again.

NYtilIdie
02-13-2012, 01:38 AM
This whole story is crazy! I remember when we signed him, I posted in the thread "this dude sucks", damn was I glad I was wrong.

I doubt he keeps it up when Melo comes back, but he'll flourish lovely with Amare and all the shooters and Lin will get more open shots now that we have great ball movement, which was our biggest weakest all year and led to our horrible offense.

jam
02-13-2012, 01:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bOILn.jpg

jam
02-13-2012, 01:53 AM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2iqls3q.jpg

blom85
02-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Why is there so much controversy with this guy? He's a gem/diamond in the rough stud, he's already had a better start to his career then LeBron James, he might not keep this level of production but he will be a great player for a long time, please get off of him people.

blom85
02-13-2012, 02:00 AM
What does "gool" mean?

By the way you have exellent taste in Titties

Beltrans Mole
02-13-2012, 02:12 AM
The company he's in with his first five starts compared to the rest of NBA history is pretty ridiculous.

Raph12
02-13-2012, 02:13 AM
By the way you have exellent taste in Titties

I do what I can...

TheRunKiller
02-13-2012, 02:37 AM

slap yourself

taz777
02-13-2012, 02:44 AM
J lin would be a star n this league just cuz he got a skill not alot players have is to make others bettah n win win win n doinh it in new York tought place to play

SugeKnight
02-13-2012, 02:49 AM
His handles/ footwork is kind of awkward. I still feel like im watching a d-leaguer play well.

TheRunKiller
02-13-2012, 02:49 AM
J lin would be a star n this league just cuz he got a skill not alot players have is to make others bettah n win win win n doinh it in new York tought place to play

lol at every word you said

oak2455
02-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Is this thread in English ? ^^^^^^^^ :p

taz777
02-13-2012, 02:54 AM
You could lol but that true kid could play n you should know ya got drose a impact player in his own way just like lin dont hate Chicago was **** with out rose every team.get they break n am a Chicago bulls fan

oak2455
02-13-2012, 02:55 AM
I need a translator .... Please

Young2Kinsler
02-13-2012, 02:59 AM
I swear PSD is being taken over by 14 yr old hoodie wearing thugs. This is like the 10th thread with someone talking like this today.

taz777
02-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Knicks offer jlin n amare for Howard n Nelson

Supreme LA
02-13-2012, 05:50 AM

Stay in school. The future does not look bright for you if you don't.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Knicks offer jlin n amare for Howard n Nelson

And a dup account

Heediot
02-13-2012, 07:34 AM
He's pretty fearless to me. A combination of Cp3/DRose lite. His bread and butter is the pick and roll, and he can also take it to the hole with effectiveness. High IQ player that plays with a lot of moxie and guts.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
The best I can explain it is that he is just the perfect match for the D'Antoni system. He's not more athletic or more talented than the top tier point guards in this league, but he suits the system as well as DRose or CP3 fits theirs. He is nasty with the pick and roll, which is why the Knicks run it an average of like 80 times per game. I cannot wait to see how the offense orchestrates with Melo and Amare instead of Walker and Jeffries.

LakersIn5
02-13-2012, 10:27 AM
you know jeremy lin is a stud when a local news channel here in the philippines has a report about him.

elonepb
02-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Kid is a scrub who found confidence and doesn't have ball stoppers like Melo eliminating his talent. Whether he can keep this level of play up remains to be seen.

But he's fun to watch right now. Everybody loves a good story. Of course I wonder if we'd even be hearing about this story if he played for the Raptors or Bucks. The NY stage is certainly a big platform.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Good posting by the ultimate troll, btw he took Dwill to town...lol..but here your gonna tell me the Nets don't have their full team.. Guess what neither do the Knicks and they won 5 straight with Linmania... So when you beat the Lakers or the Pistons get back to me:D

DaBUU
02-13-2012, 11:14 AM
You could lol but that true kid could play n you should know ya got drose a impact player in his own way just like lin dont hate Chicago was **** with out rose every team.get they break n am a Chicago bulls fan

are people really getting this silly and comparing Lin to DRose?

HOZ THE KNICK
02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Kid is a scrub who found confidence and doesn't have ball stoppers like Melo eliminating his talent. Whether he can keep this level of play up remains to be seen.

But he's fun to watch right now. Everybody loves a good story. Of course I wonder if we'd even be hearing about this story if he played for the Raptors or Bucks. The NY stage is certainly a big platform.

hate on my brother.....:p

nycericanguy
02-13-2012, 11:42 AM

I don't think there was a direct comparison to Rose as a player there, more the situations as Rose seems like a perfect fit and makes the most of CHI's talent.

And thats what this NY knick team has reminded me of without Amare & Melo. Lin & Chandler have played like Rose & Noah, with Novak being our Korver, and the team defense has been very good.

Heediot
02-13-2012, 11:45 AM

People are saying he will be a lesser version of Rose, they both are fearless taking it to the hole. At least that's how i personally see it, I don't know about the others. Still the sample size is too small, but when you watch the dude play, there is no vibe of flukiness at all, he seems in self-control and the game is not too big for him.

Rentzias
02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
When Melo and Amare return, and if Lin's production drops when they do, and the Knicks start losing, do you do anything drastic as a GM? And if so, what do you do?

nycericanguy
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
When Melo and Amare return, and if Lin's production drops when they do, and the Knicks start losing, do you do anything drastic as a GM? And if so, what do you do?

thats alot of IF's bro, why even think about that now? If LIN is for real Knicks are set at every position with the exception of maybe SG, even though Fields is solid he's more of a SF.

And if they land JR Smith then SG becomes solid as well.

Why would a team like that lose? Melo played with good PG's in DEN and that was the highest scoring teams in the NBA and 50+ win teams year in and year out.

When Amare played with a good PG PHO was a 60 win team almost every year and led the league in scoring.

NYtilIdie
02-13-2012, 01:01 PM

Uh, did you just start watching basketball? How can you forget Brandon Jennings overrated *** rookie season.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 01:36 PM

ok... why are they gonna start losing? because their two stars are coming back? makes sense:rolleyes:

Rentzias
02-13-2012, 01:52 PM
ok... why are they gonna start losing? because their two stars are coming back? makes sense:rolleyes:
Because they lost 11 of the 13 games pre-Lin with both of their stars? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if the chemistry isn't there, and the system is thrown out of whack if Melo holds the ball too much (32% USG), then maybe it might go sour? Just what ifs, I thought this was just an internet forum, not an encyclopedia.

thats alot of IF's bro, why even think about that now? If LIN is for real Knicks are set at every position with the exception of maybe SG, even though Fields is solid he's more of a SF.

And if they land JR Smith then SG becomes solid as well.

Why would a team like that lose? Melo played with good PG's in DEN and that was the highest scoring teams in the NBA and 50+ win teams year in and year out.

When Amare played with a good PG PHO was a 60 win team almost every year and led the league in scoring.
Right, but in both instances, Amare and Melo were the primary options on each team. I just put up these what ifs because before this Lin thing, the gripe all around was that the Knicks were badly built because of Amare/Melo.

Beltrans Mole
02-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Because they lost 11 of the 13 games pre-Lin with both of their stars? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if the chemistry isn't there, and the system is thrown out of whack if Melo holds the ball too much (32% USG), then maybe it might go sour? Just what ifs, I thought this was just an internet forum, not an encyclopedia.

Right, but in both instances, Amare and Melo were the primary options on each team. I just put up these what ifs because before this Lin thing, the gripe all around was that the Knicks were badly built because of Amare/Melo.

I think the Knicks are destined to lose when Amare and Melo get back because they are on a five game winning streak. They will obviously come back down to earth, even with their all-stars coming back. The question is how well will Melo fit in with Lin running the point? It seems pretty obvious that Amare will mesh well with Lin...he's basically Steve Nash Jr. right now.

I think Melo will take some time to adjust to this new flow offense...but ultimately he's a competitor and he will do what it takes to win. People say he's an offensive black hole but I think that's ridiculous. Melo is an elite offensive player, he'll figure out how to be successful in just about any system out there.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 02:00 PM

he played just one game with them:o but ok:D what if's I hate...sorry:D

nycericanguy
02-13-2012, 02:05 PM

I'm not worried about Amare AT ALL. He has struggled this year because he's had to create for himself and that's not his biggest strength.

What he is though, is one of the best finishing big men in the NBA, he should thrive on the P&R with Lin, like he did with Nash and Felton to a lesser degree.

Melo will still be the primary scorer on this team. What he won't be though if a facilitator. One of the reasons the ball got stuck in Melo's hands this year was because we were basically asking him to score AND run the offense. Melo is not a point guard. Having a PG that can get him the ball in his spots should help Melo dramatically.

And lets not forget NY was 6-4 coming off an impressive win against PHI before Melo got hurt. And Melo was averaging 27, 7 & 5 on 46% FG before all the injuries.

Its amazing what having an actual PG can do for a team, Douglas, Bibby & Shumpert simply looked lost trying to play PG here.

Meanwhile Shumpert now at SG is thriving, averaging over 16ppg on 50% shooting over his last 3.

Punk
02-13-2012, 02:17 PM

Lol No. How about watch some games, man.

The reason why we lost those games was poor production from the bench and role players combined with Carmelo and Amare being injured.

Landry Fields shot 25%, Toney Douglas once the starter shot 27%....But that's Melo's fault right? lol

Melo leading the team in 5 assists or 4 assists per game. Totally holding the ball too much.

What if he comes back and it all goes well? I didn't see that in your what if senatorial.

The problem was always the PG position and nobody that could penetrate and create easy baskets. It never was Melo's fault, It never was Amare's fault.

When you have a PG that cannot get into the paint, it creates stagnant offense and easy defense for the other team.

No. The Knicks were badly built before Melo and Amare. Bill Walker and Toney Douglas should have never been kept over getting Crawford. Mike Bibby wasn't a good signing.

Lin is getting love for making a team of misfits that couldn't produce coming off the bench and turning them into a team that is scoring at a high clip. He's pushing the tempo which is something Toney Douglas and Shumpert couldn't do.

Shumpert slides back to his natural SG role and he's averaged 18 points in the last 2 games off the bench.

That's not going to change when Melo and Amare come back. The Knicks will obviously not go undefeated for the rest of the season but thinking they will lose 5 straight when everyone returns is foolish.

If Carmelo wanted Chris Paul here and wanted Lin to start, how would he not want Lin to continue with his role and why wouldn't he accept playing with a PG that scores if that is what Paul is also? Lin has a better PER than Paul right now. So, obviously he will make it work.

knicks=love
02-13-2012, 02:25 PM

did you even watch any of those games? can you tell me who our starting PG was and what he was producing in those games? shumpert? not a PG. douglas? don't even get me started. lin is a true PG, who runs the pick and roll extremely well and is a PASS FIRST PG. with melo and amar'e coming back, who need a true PG, will make us even scarier.

DrizzyDre05
02-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I am a huge knicks fan, and i love what J Lin is doing, but i can't wait until this team comes together as a whole, and the team is in the spotlight, and not so much Lin.

StriveGreatness
02-13-2012, 03:37 PM
They're showing the couch he sleeps on :facepalm:

Ridiculous.

jam
02-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Holy f, that was a sweet crossover...

Lol No. How about watch some games, man.

The reason why we lost those games was poor production from the bench and role players combined with Carmelo and Amare being injured.

Landry Fields shot 25%, Toney Douglas once the starter shot 27%....But that's Melo's fault right? lol

Melo leading the team in 5 assists or 4 assists per game. Totally holding the ball too much.

What if he comes back and it all goes well? I didn't see that in your what if senatorial.

The problem was always the PG position and nobody that could penetrate and create easy baskets. It never was Melo's fault, It never was Amare's fault.

When you have a PG that cannot get into the paint, it creates stagnant offense and easy defense for the other team.

No. The Knicks were badly built before Melo and Amare. Bill Walker and Toney Douglas should have never been kept over getting Crawford. Mike Bibby wasn't a good signing.

Lin is getting love for making a team of misfits that couldn't produce coming off the bench and turning them into a team that is scoring at a high clip. He's pushing the tempo which is something Toney Douglas and Shumpert couldn't do.

Shumpert slides back to his natural SG role and he's averaged 18 points in the last 2 games off the bench.

That's not going to change when Melo and Amare come back. The Knicks will obviously not go undefeated for the rest of the season but thinking they will lose 5 straight when everyone returns is foolish.

If Carmelo wanted Chris Paul here and wanted Lin to start, how would he not want Lin to continue with his role and why wouldn't he accept playing with a PG that scores if that is what Paul is also? Lin has a better PER than Paul right now. So, obviously he will make it work.

FOBolous
02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
I think at the end of the day...Jeremy Lin will be the point guard version of Luis Scola for the New York Knicks or this generation's John Stark. He will not be a star that a franchise can built a team around, but he will be able to take over the game on occasions when their stars are struggling and/or injured (like Scola does for the Rockets). And like Scola, he will be able to take advantage of what the defense gives him when the defense is focused on Carmelo Anthony and/or Amare Stoudemire.

I think when the season is all said and done...he will be an extremely good (and effective) $7-$9million/year role player that you will want to have on your championship team to solidify it (like Luis Scola) and compliment your stars with. I personally think he will average 16 ppg (using his high basketball IQ to take advantage of what the defense gives him) and 8 assists (because of the pick and rolls New York will undoubtly utilize with Lin and Stoudemire/Chandler) at the end of the season.

He will also be a fan favorite because of his heart, tenacity, confidence, and preserverence.

thekmp211
02-13-2012, 04:15 PM
just heard on espn that he was named eastern conference player of the week...nice.

jam
02-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Are you on crack?

Comparing Luis Scola to J Lin talent wise is like comparing Rosie O' Donnell to Adriana Lima.

I think at the end of the day...Jeremy Lin will be the point guard version of Luis Scola for the New York Knicks or this generation's John Stark. He will not be a star that a franchise can built a team around, but he will be able to take over the game on occasions when their stars are struggling and/or injured (like Scola does for the Rockets). And like Scola, he will be able to take advantage of what the defense gives him when the defense is focused on Carmelo Anthony and/or Amare Stoudemire.

I think when the season is all said and done...he will be an extremely good (and effective) $7-$9million/year role player that you will want to have on your championship team to solidify it (like Luis Scola) and compliment your stars with. I personally think he will average 16 ppg (using his high basketball IQ to take advantage of what the defense gives him) and 8 assists (because of the pick and rolls New York will undoubtly utilize with Lin and Stoudemire/Chandler) at the end of the season.

He will also be a fan favorite because of his heart, tenacity, confidence, and preserverence.

heyman321
02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Are you on crack?

Comparing Luis Scola to J Lin talent wise is like comparing Rosie O' Donnell to Adriana Lima.

Um...luis scola is no scrub. As much as I love this underdog story, I'd have a hard time saying Lin is better, but they don't even play the same position so that's a moot point. Anyways, have you seen Adriana Lima without makeup? UGLY.

bholly
02-13-2012, 04:47 PM
According to Howard Beck, the Knicks won't have early-Bird rights:

Howard Beck @HowardBeckNYT
(1/2) Lots of confusion out there. To repeat: Lin will be restricted FA. No Bird rights. But Knicks can match any offer.

(2/2) Under "Arenas" rule, no team can offer Lin more than avg player salary, approx $5 mil. Knicks can match using midlevel exception,

And yes, all of that is 100 percent. It's been verified at the highest levels.

Ty Hicks @Ty_Hicks
@HowardBeckNYT Just to clarify. Even if you're claimed off of waivers the bird rights clock resets?
@Ty_Hicks yes. Obscure provision that lots of folks (incl GMs) were not aware of.

If he signs 1-yr deal this summer, he'd be early-Bird in 2013. If he signs 2-yr deal, he's full bird in 2014. This year counts

So, in short, he's an RFA this summer, but other teams can only offer at most what the Knicks could match, which is the MLE. So it'll be keeping Lin or keeping the MLE for the Knicks.

bholly
02-13-2012, 04:47 PM

(1/2) Lots of confusion out there. To repeat: Lin will be restricted FA. No Bird rights. But Knicks can match any offer.

(2/2) Under "Arenas" rule, no team can offer Lin more than avg player salary, approx $5 mil. Knicks can match using midlevel exception,

And yes, all of that is 100 percent. It's been verified at the highest levels.

Ty Hicks @Ty_Hicks
@HowardBeckNYT Just to clarify. Even if you're claimed off of waivers the bird rights clock resets?

@Ty_Hicks yes. Obscure provision that lots of folks (incl GMs) were not aware of.

If he signs 1-yr deal this summer, he'd be early-Bird in 2013. If he signs 2-yr deal, he's full bird in 2014. This year counts

So, in short, he's an RFA this summer, but other teams can only offer at most what the Knicks could match, which is the MLE. So it'll be keeping Lin or keeping the MLE for the Knicks.

FOBolous
02-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Um...luis scola is no scrub. As much as I love this underdog story, I'd have a hard time saying Lin is better, but they don't even play the same position so that's a moot point. Anyways, have you seen Adriana Lima without makeup? UGLY.

they are similar in terms of their impact and role on the team...not in terms of their position, style of play, ect

FOBolous
02-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Are you on crack?

scola is averaging 15/6. hes an above avg player but not an "adiana lima."

SpaceJamJordans
02-13-2012, 04:54 PM
I really like his friendship with Landry Fields. Hopefully Carmelo doesnt hog the ball

FrenchSunsFan
02-13-2012, 05:06 PM
I love Chuck NoLin and LinBron James

nycericanguy
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM

There are alot of conflicting reports, the Knicks cap expert says they DO have his early bird rights.

Even if they don't NY doesn't necessarily lose their MLE to resign him. They can make Lin the QO or use the Bi-annual on him for 1 year and then Lin could REALLY get paid the following year.

Depends what Lin wants, but the good news is HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Unless he completely falls off and NY decides to go for Nash.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 06:32 PM
There are alot of conflicting reports, the Knicks cap expert says they DO have his early bird rights.

Even if they don't NY doesn't necessarily lose their MLE to resign him. They can make Lin the QO or use the Bi-annual on him for 1 year and then Lin could REALLY get paid the following year.

Depends what Lin wants, but the good news is HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Unless he completely falls off and NY decides to go for Nash.

Exactly he's staying and we can match anything:speechless:

bholly
02-13-2012, 07:17 PM

Well, everyone credible - even top experts like Larry Coon - for the last week have been saying they think the Knicks have early Bird rights but admitting they weren't sure. There really wasn't a clear ruling on it, and it had to be checked with the league.
Beck here is saying that he has now checked with the league (ie 'verified at the highest levels') and the ruling is that they don't have early Bird rights. This is a clarification which I think we should be able to agree supersedes speculation from before anyone checked with the league.
I'll post the Larry Coon tweets when he inevitably covers it, for confirmation.

Who is 'the Knicks cap expert', by the way? Do you mean someone with the team who we've just heard reports of second-hand, or is there some expert who writes or tweets this stuff? Where did he say that they have the rights?

Exactly he's staying and we can match anything:speechless:

Yeah, the point is you'll have to use the MLE to do it.

I think it's extremely unlikely that Lin just accepts the Bi-annual or QO as nycericanguy suggests. He'd have to play two more years before he can get to regular Bird rights and get paid fully. The bi-annual will be just under $2m this year, so with a raise in the second year he'd make about $4m over two years. The QO will be just north of $900k for the year, and then he'll be unrestricted byt still not have Bird rights and have to sign another small contract. The MLE will be $5m, so over two years he'll get just over $10m.
Is he really going to sign for the bi-annual and give up $6m over two years (ie more than half he could earn), just to save the Knicks the MLE? And why? So they can use it on Nash and send him back to backup? I think really he'd be sort of insulted if they even suggested it.

bholly
02-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Update: Coon actually responded to it just a little while ago.

Jeff Finance @JeffFinance123
@LarryCoon Howard Beck on NYT reporting Lin restricted, but NYK do NOT have Bird Rights. Must use MLE to resign. True?....

Larry Coon @LarryCoon
@JeffFinance123 Yeah, looks like it. I haven't gotten verification myself, but I'm satisfied with what Howard went through to get it. It

...also jibes with my understanding from before I got led astray on the matter.

nycericanguy
02-13-2012, 07:20 PM
^ again no ones for sure, Hell even a cap expert like Coon is deferring...lol, but it doesnt look like he researched it much, looks like he's basing his opinion on Howards article. but the bottom line is NY can keep him if they want.

All I heard on here during the Laker game is "o well he's legit but NY can't sign him so he's going somewhere else now".

Its like people WANT him to leave NY...lol.

utl768
02-13-2012, 07:26 PM
lin to miami

book it

jk

bholly
02-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, he's basing his opinion on trusting Beck and that he went through to proper process of checking with the league. I guess nobody knows for 100% sure, but this is the most credible report we have so far - it's the only one that actually verified it with the league. If you're not going to trust Beck saying it's 100% and verified, then I don't know what you're going to trust.

Nobody (who isn't an idiot) is arguing about whether or not they can keep him - he's an RFA so of course they can.
The issue is whether they can keep him without using the MLE, and the answer Beck is giving is that they can't.

Doogolas
02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
As the great Bill Simmons put it:

He's a shockingly intelligent offensive player (none other than Steve Nash blessed his game on Twitter recently); and most important, he's immensely fun to watch. I genuinely enjoy his herky-jerky game, the way he splits two defenders on the high screen, his deftness around the rim, his goofy jump shot, the way his teammates respond to him, his joy for basketball … it's just hard for me to believe that Lin is destined to become this generation's Billy Ray Bates (in other words, someone who catches lightning in a bottle for a few weeks and that's it). At the very least, he should be able to ease into a J.J. Barea-esque career as an impact offensive player who occasionally swings games off the bench. Anything less and I would be disappointed. Too bad we can't sneak him into the All-Star Game.

utl768
02-13-2012, 07:43 PM
he should def play in the rookie sophomore game

dude is the leagues biggest draw currently

jam
02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
J Lin is half a foot taller than Barea. Barea passes like Lin....only in his wet dreams. Not a valid comparison.

WeaponXXX
02-13-2012, 08:04 PM
damn, can't believe this thread is still going. Its good that steve nash blessed his game.

Nick O
02-13-2012, 08:09 PM
a jeremy lin rookie card sold for 1000$ .. thats crazy

bholly
02-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Also, for what it's worth, I just read the thread by 'still a fan' in the Knicks forum and he's very wrong - I'm not sure why you guys keep going along with him when he's presenting evidence that clearly says one thing but just claiming it says the opposite.

Specifically, he keeps bolding the bit about resetting the clock, but doesn't seem to understand what 'resetting the clock' means. It means it goes back to zero, ie the time before that doesn't count.
To be an early Bird you need to have two years without moving in free agency or via waivers. So if Lin stayed in Golden State, this would be his second year, so his clock would be up to 2 and he'd be an early Bird FA at the end of it.
When he got waived and claimed, the clock resets to zero (as still a fan keeps pointing out), meaning you have to start counting again. He got claimed on Dec 27, so his clock reset and the season he's playing now counts as the first. His clock won't get to 2 until he plays in a game next season, so he couldn't be an early Bird FA until after that.

I don't know how it could be any clearer. I don't know what he thinks it means, but it supports Beck (and Coon's) argument that Lin won't qualify for early Bird status at the end of this year - it doesn't show what still a fan keeps claiming it does. His thing in post #89 is just totally backwards. He says how many games Lin played with GSW, which clearly makes no difference given he's saying in the exact same post that the clock resets when he was waived/claimed.

It's a bizarre thread.

Also, for what it's worth, the cbafaq isn't the CBA, and it isn't the rules. It's Larry Coon's discussion of the rules. What still a fan keeps calling 'CBA rule #26' is just the 26th entry in Larry Coon's frequently asked questions. It isn't the official CBA or official rules or official wording or anything - it's Coon's wording of his interpretation of the rules. When still a fan refers to it as 'CBA rule #26' and highlights the wording it just makes it seem like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

zn23
02-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr, for some reason or another, decided to speak his mind on Twitter about why Jeremy Lin of the New York Knicks is receiving so much hype. Guess what? He's going to be accused of racism. Again.

@FloydMayweather
Floyd Mayweather Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise.
Feb 13 via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply

White players do what Lin does every night, too. So what? Is the world really, truly lacking in praise for black basketball players? Is there anything at all to the idea that Jeremy Lin is being hyped because he's Asian?

Star-divide

I don't think the argument holds much water. Yes, if we're being 100% honest, then part of it is the "novelty" that Lin is an Asian basketball player. There aren't many in NBA history, and most of the Asian players who have made it to the NBA made it on height. Jeremy Lin is a 6'3" point guard from Harvard, an economics major who wasn't drafted.

Most of the hype that Lin is receiving is the result of something like this not happening very often -- yes, it's true, we don't often see a Chinese point guard from Harvard dominating in the NBA. We also don't often see undrafted point guards from Harvard dominating in the NBA. And we pretty much never, ever see someone come from out of nowhere to the degree that Lin has -- not in any sport, frankly, and definitely not in the NBA. This is some Kurt Warner-type stuff.

Floyd is free to speak his mind and all that. He's also totally open to being called on what he says. First of all, he probably shouldn't have said this since I don't think it serves any purpose whatsoever and only makes Floyd seem petty and strange (which is not unusual).

Second, and more important, the argument just isn't a very good one. Lin is a sensation -- perhaps a short-term phenom, but if he were black or white or Inuit, he'd be causing the same ruckus, because he'd be an unknown point guard popping up out of nowhere to play great basketball and lead the New York Knicks to five straight wins while they're missing their two star players. (And yes, the fact that Lin is doing it as a New York Knick is also a big story -- if he were on the Milwaukee Bucks this wouldn't be half as big with the media.)

Source: badlefthook.com http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/2/13/2796022/floyd-mayweather-quote-jeremy-lin-only-receiving-hype-because-asian

What do you think of Money May's comments?

netsgiantsyanks
02-13-2012, 08:12 PM
he still mad about pacquio.

mobbdeep
02-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Here is a video of Lin talking about growing up playing basketball and how fans would say "Go back to China" and other racist slurs to him.

http://dwizzlesworld.blogspot.com/2012/02/jeremy-lin-talks-about-racist-taunts.html

asandhu23
02-13-2012, 08:13 PM
well, no ****, sherlock.

29$JerZ
02-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Still an ignorant argument

Obviously being Asian alone has made his attention to the national media and social networking big but he still set a record as an unknown D League PG who is Playing for a huge market in NY.

His game itself is what is getting people excited. I can't recall Yi Jianlian getting this type of buzz, your skills need to be the biggest factor.

jammastershake
02-13-2012, 08:19 PM
he's right. asian + new york = over-hyped

Avenged
02-13-2012, 08:21 PM
yes, agreed.

he deserves it though. He's been playing his *** off.

WeaponXXX
02-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Still an ignorant argument

Obviously being Asian alone has made his attention to the national media and social networking big but he still set a record as an unknown D League PG who is Playing for a huge market in NY.

His game itself is what is getting people excited. I can't recall Yi Jianlian getting this type of buzz, your skills need to be the biggest factor.

Amen to that. Yi was garbage... Hence no coverage... The buzz he had coming into the league wasn't even as big as Lins by a long shot and he was drafted high.

Mr Costanza
02-13-2012, 08:25 PM

Completely idiotic post.

MackShock
02-13-2012, 08:26 PM
mayweather loses credibility everytime he opens his mouth. OF COURSE THAT'S WHY. He has nothing better to do than to talk about J-Lin? Mind your own business

bholly
02-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah, Mayweather doesn't know what he's talking about. The Lin story isn't about how well he's playing, it's about how well he's playing given he came out of nowhere. There are plenty of better players, but none who've risen that far that quickly. It's genuinely amazing and exciting.

He's the only player to win player of the week in the D League and the NBA. The only player. There are black players who've done what Lin's doing on the court, but there are no players - of any colour - who've done what Lin's done overall.

He clearly just doesn't understand the Lin story/hype - it's about rags to riches, not just riches.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 08:31 PM

Dumb + azz = your post.... btw Mayweather shows too many hits to the head = *******

ManningToTyree
02-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Mayweather is a racist, of course he would say that.

The goods
02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
What's not to like about the kid? He has a team first mentality,he's humble,and he's worked hard with a little bit luck kind of right place right time type of thing.
I wouldn't say he's an underdog I think that's an over used statement,any player in the right system and right group of guys can be good he just found his.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Well, everyone credible - even top experts like Larry Coon - for the last week have been saying they think the Knicks have early Bird rights but admitting they weren't sure. There really wasn't a clear ruling on it, and it had to be checked with the league.
Beck here is saying that he has now checked with the league (ie 'verified at the highest levels') and the ruling is that they don't have early Bird rights. This is a clarification which I think we should be able to agree supersedes speculation from before anyone checked with the league.
I'll post the Larry Coon tweets when he inevitably covers it, for confirmation.

Who is 'the Knicks cap expert', by the way? Do you mean someone with the team who we've just heard reports of second-hand, or is there some expert who writes or tweets this stuff? Where did he say that they have the rights?

Yeah, the point is you'll have to use the MLE to do it.

I think it's extremely unlikely that Lin just accepts the Bi-annual or QO as nycericanguy suggests. He'd have to play two more years before he can get to regular Bird rights and get paid fully. The bi-annual will be just under $2m this year, so with a raise in the second year he'd make about $4m over two years. The QO will be just north of $900k for the year, and then he'll be unrestricted byt still not have Bird rights and have to sign another small contract. The MLE will be $5m, so over two years he'll get just over $10m.
Is he really going to sign for the bi-annual and give up $6m over two years (ie more than half he could earn), just to save the Knicks the MLE? And why? So they can use it on Nash and send him back to backup? I think really he'd be sort of insulted if they even suggested it.

Until someone officially verifies this then ok but still the Knicks can match anything ... And who says there gonna get Nash??

Mr Costanza
02-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Who is 'the Knicks cap expert', by the way?

Still a fan

#Lookhimup

oak2455
02-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Still a fan

#Lookhimup

On twitter???

Mr Costanza
02-13-2012, 08:43 PM
On twitter

Good to have you back oak.

Kashmir13579
02-13-2012, 08:43 PM
On twitter

LOL is stilla on twitter now?

GiantsSwaGG
02-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Mayweather is Stilla lol

Mr Costanza
02-13-2012, 08:46 PM

He actually should. Could save him a lot of time from all the pms he gets answering cap questions.

SpaceJamJordans
02-13-2012, 09:15 PM
black people are so racist, then when somebody makes a comment against them theyre the ones who are 'sensitive' smh

oak2455
02-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Good to have you back oak.

all women prison sucks:rolleyes: Thanks Georgie:D

oak2455
02-13-2012, 09:21 PM

Hell yes.... #Iknowcaprulesnregulations :D

oak2455
02-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I hope Pacquiao kicks Mayweathers ***!!!!

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2012, 09:55 PM

5. plays good defense

8. hes got hops

13. has weak left dribble

14. makes too many jump passes, hence all the turnovers

15. finish at the rim is subpar, especially with left hand

Slug3
02-13-2012, 09:58 PM
You know what sad about all this Lin hype? We have people hating him cause hes a knick, we have people now thinking hes only getting the spotlight cause hes not black. But the truth is, this kid came from nowhere. Maybe was on a few times but deep in the bench and on the D league. But he literally was going day by day to start the season. I dont care what team hes on (and I hate the knicks), or the color he is, this is great because he went from one day being a d league nothing to perhaps a star in the star in the making. Also missed in all this is the Knicks are actually playing good basketball and you can see it in everyone on the team since he has started playing. Its like they enjoy basketball again.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 09:58 PM
you talk such nonsense:clap::clap: you wonder why you ignored in the Knicks forum:eyebrow::facepalm::facepalm:

oak2455
02-13-2012, 10:00 PM
You know what sad about all this Lin hype? We have people hating him cause hes a knick, we have people now thinking hes only getting the spotlight cause hes not black. But the truth is, this kid came from nowhere. Maybe was on a few times but deep in the bench and on the D league. But he literally was going day by day to start the season. I dont care what team hes on (and I hate the knicks), or the color he is, this is great because he went from one day being a d league nothing to perhaps a star in the star in the making. Also missed in all this is the Knicks are actually playing good basketball and you can see it in everyone on the team since he has started playing. Its like they enjoy basketball again.

great post:clap::clap:

Raps18-19 Champ
02-13-2012, 10:01 PM
That Mayweather comment is whack.

The reason he gets so much attention is because he's an Ivy League graduate who was never really given a shot in athletics. Asian plays a smaller part but clearly not the reason.

I haven't heard anyone talk about him as Asian. Everyone talks about him as "The Ivy league graduate who wasn't even given an athletic scholarship and now is playing great in the NBA"

John Walls Era
02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
That Mayweather comment is whack.

The reason he gets so much attention is because he's an Ivy League graduate who was never really given a shot in athletics. Asian plays a smaller part but clearly not the reason.

I haven't heard anyone talk about him as Asian. Everyone talks about him as "The Ivy league graduate who wasn't even given an athletic scholarship and now is playing great in the NBA"

UMAD. You never liked Money.

GiantsSwaGG
02-13-2012, 10:08 PM

**** Money May...he's a b****!

John Walls Era
02-13-2012, 10:09 PM
**** Money May...he's a b****!

Undefeated.

GiantsSwaGG
02-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Undefeated.

Yet scared to fight Manny

oak2455
02-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Undefeated.

somebody is running:D

Mr Costanza
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM
you talk such nonsense:clap::clap: you wonder why you ignored in the Knicks forum:eyebrow::facepalm::facepalm:

She is just domefavors's duplicate account.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
She is just domefavors's duplicate account.

love when you say she:laugh::laugh:

John Walls Era
02-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Yet scared to fight Manny

Getting O/T, can argue in the boxing forum (the thread Raps made calling Money a racist :facepalm:).

But hes not scared, he just doesn't wanna do 50/50 cuz Manny doesn't deserve it. Mayweather is a bigger draw.

DoMeFavors
02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
love when you say she:laugh::laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA AHAHAHHAH :facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
02-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Getting O/T, can argue in the boxing forum (the thread Raps made calling Money a racist :facepalm:).

But hes not scared, he just doesn't wanna do 50/50 cuz Manny doesn't deserve it. Mayweather is a bigger draw.

How is May a racist? :facepalm:

Plus Manny is just as much as a draw so the 50\50 is fair but yeah will discuss it more in the Boxing forum!

Raps18-19 Champ
02-13-2012, 10:50 PM

How do you explain Pacquiao outselling him the last 3 times?

50/50 is fair. 55/45 with winner getting the bigger share is more than fair. Both were rejected.

dh144498
02-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Ball hog Melo will be Lin's biggest challenge.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-13-2012, 10:54 PM

You make out whatever you want. I didn't even deny anything in that post. If anything, It's the exact same as yours in the boxing forum. I respect Floyd because he's great. I even think he'd beat Manny. But I'm not going to respect his attitude. The worst part is that he makes his fans act like him.

I guess I could have gone.

UMAD. YOU never liked Manny.

John Walls Era
02-13-2012, 10:58 PM
You make out whatever you want. I didn't even deny anything in that post. If anything, It's the exact same as yours in the boxing forum. I respect Floyd because he's great. I even think he'd beat Manny. But I'm not going to respect his attitude. The worst part is that he makes his fans act like him.

I guess I could have gone.

UMAD. YOU never liked Manny.

Sooo Mad

bholly
02-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Hey, how about you guys stop talking about boxing in the NBA forum?

oak2455
02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA AHAHAHHAH :facepalm:

facepalm ok makes sense coming from you:clap::clap: how bout those Nets:clap:

oak2455
02-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Ball hog Melo will be Lin's biggest challenge.

says the guy with a dupe account:eyebrow:

Kashmir13579
02-13-2012, 11:28 PM

Got him.

DoMeFavors
02-13-2012, 11:32 PM

How about those Knicks the 8th seed with Carmelo and Amare I thought you guys were title contendors..if your satisfied with just making the playoffs thats fine. No chance at winning a playoff game though :)

oak2455
02-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Got him.

he's easy ......getting Linsane about tomorrow night:jumpy::jumpy::jumpy:

oak2455
02-13-2012, 11:39 PM
How about those Knicks the 8th seed with Carmelo and Amare I thought you guys were title contendors..if your satisfied with just making the playoffs thats fine. No chance at winning a playoff game though :)

20 something games into the season 5 straight wins( almost as many wins as the Nets this year) and we don't get beaten by the Pistons... is Joe Dumars still there?? Playoffs yup gotta be in it to win it?? Nets = No Playoffs for you:D

oak2455
02-13-2012, 11:41 PM
DoMeCarmelo your not worth it, sorry your not :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
02-13-2012, 11:44 PM
20 something games into the season 5 straight wins( almost as many wins as the Nets this year) and we don't get beaten by the Pistons... is Joe Dumars still there?? Playoffs yup gotta be in it to win it?? Nets = No Playoffs for you:D

Didnt lose to the BOBCATS!!! haha

Talk to me when you win a playoff game, o yeah the last time that happened was 12 years ago. Knicks are a losing franchise...try to win a playoff game this year, even if last year you faced an old Celtic team.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Didnt lose to the BOBCATS!!! haha

Talk to me when you win a playoff game, o yeah the last time that happened was 12 years ago. Knicks are a losing franchise...try to win a playoff game this year, even if last year you faced an old Celtic team.

ok like I said Melo, your a waste of time:clap::clap: and never and I mean never won a Chip:eyebrow: Never!! wow thats a long time huh?

oak2455
02-13-2012, 11:48 PM
I thought this was a Lin forum:confused:

Arch Stanton
02-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Shouldn't people start working on a new nickname. Lincanity is too close to Vincanity. Also when is the Jeremy Lin Discussion 4.0 gonna start. I want to set an alarm so I can plug in my adoration.

Kenny
02-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Anybody see the Raptors website? They are on the front page promoting linsanity and not any of their on players. Thats how crazy this has gotten. There almost sold out.

DoMeFavors
02-13-2012, 11:53 PM
I cant believe this guy Lin has his own thread, the guy shot like 8 of 24 the other night. A little selfish and community college smarts after a week ago he was going to be sent right back to his parents couch or whatever LOL!
Cant wait for someone to hard foul him to the ground.

oak2455
02-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Anybody see the Raptors website? They are on the front page promoting linsanity and not any of their on players. Thats how crazy this has gotten. There almost sold out.

thats crazzzzy... huge Asian population in ohhhh Canada :D plus he's the new sensation :eyebrow: