PDA

View Full Version : Roy Hibbert an all-star?

piaband
02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Really? I think I'd rather have an empty bench spot than put this joke on the all-star team. Are the centers in the East really that underwhelming?

Sadds The Gr8
02-10-2012, 12:51 PM
lol

jp611
02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
The Pacers deserved an all-star and Hibbert was very deserving of a spot

chitown4eva88
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Noah should have made it over Hibbert and Granger should have replaced Deron Williams.

PTR35
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I thought Tyson Chandler was putting up some pretty good numbers for the Knicks, especially on the offensive end. I really dont know what Hibbert's numbers look like tho.

29$JerZ
02-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Al Horford out with injury
Andrew Bogut out with injury
Brook Lopez out with injury

Only so many left to pick from

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=chandty01&y1=2012&p2=noahjo01&y2=2012&p3=monrogr01&y3=2012&p4=hibbero01&y4=2012

Hibbert may not be playing as well statistically as Monroe (terrible team, you need ridiculous numbers to get in off a bad team), and while Tyson has an argument because of better efficiency, he again plays on a losing team that already had a player selected. Noah's numbers don't stack up, and Indiana needed a representative being a 16-7 team at the time of voting.

This has a lot to do with it as well.

Iodine
02-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Hawkeye, how much would it take to give the entire NBA forum classes on sample size and then how to troll?

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Hawkeye, how much would it take to give the entire NBA forum classes on sample size and then how to troll?

Only Bismack has the answer to that question man.

LAKobeBryant
have you guys seen how hibbert been playing this season, definitely not better than noah

Hawkeye15
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/biyombi01.html

By my projections, he will be a 22-15-5-5 player in year 3.

ChicagoRox
02-10-2012, 01:23 PM
We all the know that the center position is weakest it has ever been in league's existence.

pebloemer
02-10-2012, 01:35 PM

Yah, I'm not sure who else you give it too.

Josh Smith is snubbed, but can you stretch him as a C reserve?
As already pointed out, Monroe has had an excellent season, but his team is horrible. Reserve votes rarely reward players on losing team. Although he would be my pick anyways.

Noah, Chandler? I'm fine with Hibbert being voted in as a reserve over this group. Pacers are playing excellent basketball and he is a big reason why.

Iodine
02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/biyombi01.html

By my projections, he will be a 22-15-5-5 player in year 3.

With 3 steals. He is Tim Duncan mixed with Moses Malone and Robert Parish

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 01:45 PM
With 3 steals. He is Tim Duncan mixed with Moses Malone and Robert Parish

who had an affair with Dikembe Mutumbo

LA_Raiders
02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Noah should have made it over Hibbert and Granger should have replaced Deron Williams.

Agree

Iodine
02-10-2012, 01:51 PM
who had an affair with Dikembe Mutumbo

WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTOMBO

Or

WHO WANTS TO SEX BIYMBO

holy **** it works!

Jint.
02-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Needed a Pacer in the All-Star game since there are a good team, could have been Tyson Chandler or Noah.

Vincent
02-10-2012, 01:54 PM
There have been worse All-Star Centers

See- Jamaal Magloire, Brad Miller

But I would of rather seen a guy like Paul George representing the Indy Pacers. That guy is awesome (all jokes aside).

Iodine
02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
There have been worse All-Star Centers

See- Jamaal Magloire, Brad Miller

But I would of rather seen a guy like Paul George representing the Indy Pacers. That guy is awesome (all jokes aside).

He's averaging 12/5 and his rate stats are above average.

Sorry try again

Gators123
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Monroe is having a very good season. I wish he could have made the team but the Pistons suck so I understand why he didn't.

The Pacers definitely deserved to have at least one All-star though.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Monroe is having a very good season. I wish he could have made the team but the Pistons suck so I understand why he didn't.

That is exactly what happened. Monroe is clearly playing the best at center after Dwight in the east this season, but the Pistons record will for him to be overlooked. The Bulls had 2 guys already, the Knicks were well below .500, and the Pacers didn't have anyone representing them, despite being a top 4 team in the east.

D1JM
02-10-2012, 02:12 PM
He's averaging 12/5 and his rate stats are above average.

Sorry try again

Mother****er grew 2 inches and he is a 6' 10" SG. How the **** is that not allstar worthy? Troll:punish:

pebloemer
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM

I would have liked to see Monroe get it. In a year like this, with so many injuries complicating the backup C debate. Awarding a player who is performing exceptionally well, even though he is playing on a bad team should still be considered.

uprightciti
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
thats got david stern written allllllll over it

IndyRealist
02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
:punish:
Best smiley ever.

theheatles
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
j smoov should of got in over hibbert

pebloemer
02-10-2012, 02:55 PM
j smoov should of got in over hibbert

That would work best, but then they'd move Bosh to backup C?

Iodine
02-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Mother****er grew 2 inches and he is a 6' 10" SG. How the **** is that not allstar worthy? Troll:punish:

And it all makes sense

tbone2171
02-10-2012, 02:58 PM

lolwhat? Joakim Noah? The guy averaging 8.7 pts and 9.3 rebs?

VCaintdead17
02-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I began to writing a response to all the ignorance in this thread but deleted it halfway through. I thought, "what's the point?". I'll just let the ignorant posters swim in their own ignorant, volatile waste and move on.

Pacerlive
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
lolwhat? Joakim Noah? The guy averaging 8.7 pts and 9.3 rebs?

And all the Bulls fans will point to his defense.... Unfortunately when the Bulls went head to head with the Pacers Hibbert scored 20 pnts on .64% shooting, grabbed 8 boards and had 4 blocks.

A case can be made for Monroe and I fully expect him to be there next year but his rebounding is inflated because no one is going to challenge him on that team which is the worst rebounding team in the NBA and one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA.

Hibbert belongs and Monroe will get there soon enough IMO.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 03:22 PM
And all the Bulls fans will point to his defense.... Unfortunately when the Bulls went head to head with the Pacers Hibbert scored 20 pnts on .64% shooting, grabbed 8 boards and had 4 blocks.

A case can be made for Monroe and I fully expect him to be there next year but his rebounding is inflated because no one is going to challenge him on that team which is the worst rebounding team in the NBA and one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA.

If the Pistons get it right in the draft, and Monroe continues to improve, they can climb out of the cellar, win wise, and that will get him in for sure.

Raph12
02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Greg Monroe, Andrew Bogut and Brook Lopez are all better, two of them are injured and the other is underrated because he plays on the Pistons...

Pacerlive
02-10-2012, 03:31 PM
If the Pistons get it right in the draft, and Monroe continues to improve, they can climb out of the cellar, win wise, and that will get him in for sure.

He'll get in next year or the year after but that teams cap situation is terrible and will be for awhile.

Islandercoach31
02-10-2012, 03:36 PM

Agreed. Monroe is only averaging 2.5 pts more than Hibbert and hes taken 70 more shots. Rebounds are even, and Hibbert anchores a good defense with 1.8 blocks vs Monroe's .5. Monroe needs guys around him, to increase his All star potential, but he'll be there. He's a good young player.

Pacerlive
02-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Greg Monroe, Andrew Bogut and Brook Lopez are all better, two of them are injured and the other is underrated because he plays on the Pistons...

Brook Lopez better LOL... Hibberts already has more double doubles this year than Lopez did the entire 10-11 season.

Bogut before he got hurt was shooting .45%. Bogut "was" better than Hibbert like 3 years ago but he has never fully recovered and probably never will from his injuries.

Federal Reserve
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I am laughing hard at the delusional Bulls fans who think Noah is an all-star. He's not even the best center on his own team.

8.7 ppg 9.3 rpg 1.2 bpg 49.4% FG 0.7 spg

How does a good center shoot below 50% if all he does is dunk?

Tyson Chandler should have taken Hibbert's spot.

Hester23Jordan
02-10-2012, 03:49 PM
I honestly think that Roy Hibbert is not an all star player at all. However, there was really no other players to choose from that stand out. I think Granger was more deserving than Hibbert, but the lack of Centers really gave him a good shot.

Noah started the season off poorly and couldn't catch up.
Varejao is quietly having a very good season but his team record hurts him.
Monroe has some pretty good numbers, but he is also on a terrible team.
Bargnani also is doing very well, but on a bad team and he doesnt do much more then score.
Hawes has been injured.
Chandler has done very well but the Knicks have been dissapointing and his numbers are a little worse.
Bogut,Lopez both out.

So really it was a tossup between a lot of decent centers, but with Indiana's record and Hibbert's stats being a tad higher then the rest of them, thats how he got in.

I personally thought they should have let Bosh be the reserve center and letting in either Smith/Granger/Stoudemire/Scalabrine as a WC.

Raph12
02-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Brook Lopez better LOL... Hibberts already has more double doubles this year than Lopez did the entire 10-11 season.

Bogut before he got hurt was shooting .45%. Bogut "was" better than Hibbert like 3 years ago but he has never fully recovered and probably never will from his injuries.

Let me put it this way; this is Roy's breakout season, but if BLopez got even marginally better than he was last season, he'd be better than Roy today. He was better in his sophmore season than Roy is now. He may not be as good a rebounder, but he's still the better player overall.

Bogut hasn't recovered from that injury yet and no one knows if he ever will, but when fully healthy, he's still the better player.

Greg Monroe as a sophmore is better than all three of those guys ever have been. If that guy starts blocking some shots and starts to be more of a defensive presence, he'll easily be the 2nd best center in the league.

Pacerlive
02-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Let me put it this way; this is Roy's breakout season, but if BLopez got even marginally better than he was last season, he'd be better than Roy today. He was better in his sophmore season than Roy is now. He may not be as good a rebounder, but he's still the better player overall.

Bogut hasn't recovered from that injury yet and no one knows if he ever will, but when fully healthy, he's still the better player.

Greg Monroe as a sophmore is better than all three of those guys ever have been. If that guy starts blocking some shots and starts to be more of a defensive presence, he'll easily be the 2nd best center in the league.

Ahh and he isn't a defensive presence that even Roy is and Brook Lopez is one of the worst defensive centers in the league.

As far as Bogut goes you don't get the all star nod when your production was 3 years ago and the same goes for Lopez.

A fair argument can be made for Monroe but he isn't exactly carring that team to anything and Hibbert is.

Raph12
02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Ahh and he isn't a defensive presence that even Roy is and Brook Lopez is one of the worst defensive centers in the league.

As far as Bogut goes you don't get the all star nod when your production was 3 years ago and the same goes for Lopez.

A fair argument can be made for Monroe but he isn't exactly carring that team to anything and Hibbert is.

Roy has a better defensive team than either of those guys and a better coach, I think that has more to do with it than any of that.

He said where are all the centers in the East and I said they're injured or being overlooked. Bogut when healthy, is better than Roy, whether he'll get there again is a different arguement.

Swap them and the Pacers get better, while the Pistons get worse.

Silent
02-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I am laughing hard at the delusional Bulls fans who think Noah is an all-star. He's not even the best center on his own team.

8.7 ppg 9.3 rpg 1.2 bpg 49.4% FG 0.7 spg

How does a good center shoot below 50% if all he does is dunk?

Tyson Chandler should have taken Hibbert's spot.

See u really don't know ****, He takes about 3 shots a game stop being a dumb troll. It's not are fault the knicks suck and it took a bench warmer to get u guys some wins?

Plus noah averages 4 to 5 assists a game thats pretty damm good for a center

Pacerlive
02-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Roy has a better defensive team than either of those guys and a better coach, I think that has more to do with it than any of that.

He said where are all the centers in the East and I said they're injured or being overlooked. Bogut when healthy, is better than Roy, whether he'll get there again is a different arguement.

Swap them and the Pacers get better, while the Pistons get worse.

The Pacers are better defensively but most of Roys blocks come off his own man not on help defense. There is no reason why Monroe shouldn't be better on man to man defense and he has plenty of opprotunities to help defend on the Pistons.

Likewise Hibbert doesn't pad his stats on rebounds like Monroe does. The Pacers team rebound like no other and when your sg is 6'10 Roy has to fight for everyone he gets.

Again Monroe is good but he isn't a better defender and you have to factor that in. I mean Byron Mullens put up 18 on .47 shooting against Monroe.. Hibby held him to 10 on .274 shooting.

Its a two way game and no way is Monroe better defensively than Hibbert.

Pacerlive
02-10-2012, 04:40 PM
See u really don't know ****, He takes about 3 shots a game stop being a dumb troll. It's not are fault the knicks suck and it took a bench warmer to get u guys some wins?

Plus noah averages 4 to 5 assists a game thats pretty damm good for a center

Noah has never averaged 4 to 5 assist a game. He may have done it in a game once but he averages 2.2 assist and 1.7 TOV.

John Walls Era
02-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I knew the Raptors should've kept him. ****, but no they wanted Jermaine Oneal.......

JasonJohnHorn
02-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Its like when Magloire made the all-star team.
I live Hibbert, but I dont think he's an all-star.
$#!T He's not even the best player on his team, but he's his team's only rep at the all-star game.

DR_1
02-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Hibbert was deserving, but I think the team should have lost D-Will, Pierce, and Hibbert and had Granger, Rondo, and Noah instead.

Vincent
02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
He averages 2.2 assists and 1.7 turnovers per game, and takes 6.7 shots per game. Stay delusional, kid. You need to stop using madeupstats.com. Noah is terrible.

Made up stats aside.

Noah isn't terrible. Just not All-Star deserving.

Chronz
02-10-2012, 05:29 PM
$#!T He's not even the best player on his team, but he's his team's only rep at the all-star game.

According to JB this makes Hibbert the teams best player

Federal Reserve
02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Chandler is the best defensive center in the NBA. Hibbert has West in the paint with him. Who does Chandler have? Amare? Jared Jeffries? Chandler shuts down his man every single game. He held DWIGHT HOWARD to 10 points by himself. He is much better than Hibbert. But of course, since the cancer Melo is on the team, Chandler should be punished for it. Why doesn't the NBA just put all the players from the teams with the best records and have them face off against each other.

PacersForLife
02-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Some of you guys haven't watched Roy Hibbert this year have you....? He has been much improved. The Bulls already have 2 guys on the all-star team and Hibbert is putting up better stats than Noah. If your team is top four in the conference you deserve to have a guy on the all-star team.

PacersForLife
02-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Chandler is the best defensive center in the NBA. Hibbert has West in the paint with him. Who does Chandler have? Amare? Jared Jeffries? Chandler shuts down his man every single game. He held DWIGHT HOWARD to 10 points by himself. He is much better than Hibbert. But of course, since the cancer Melo is on the team, Chandler should be punished for it. Why doesn't the NBA just put all the players from the teams with the best records and have them face off against each other.

David West is no better than Amare on defense and is kind of slow. Hibbert is averaging a good number of blocks this year as well.

piaband
02-10-2012, 06:03 PM
We are 25 games in to the season, stats don't mean ****

Noah is better than Hibbert, period.

PacersForLife
02-10-2012, 06:05 PM

Not on offense, that's for sure...

knicks=love
02-10-2012, 06:08 PM
hibbert should not be an all-star, chandler should. he's like the only player actually putting up solid numbers and deserving of a spot on the knicks. melo got it because of his name.

deron williams shouldn't be there either, and i agree granger or another sixer should be there. deron hasn't played well at all this year, and again, got there because of his name.

knicks=love
02-10-2012, 06:09 PM

chandler is better than noah and hibbert :D

John Walls Era
02-10-2012, 06:09 PM
No Hibbert deserves it. Pacers are better than the Knicks (at least record wise -- which is the best indication for team skill [not team talent]).

knicks=love
02-10-2012, 06:16 PM

stop ****ing trolling and stop hating on carmelo. you're seriously the only knick fan that hates on him night in and night out. chandler is NOT the best center in the NBA. you're such a homer, it's insane. if he wasn't on the knicks, you wouldn't be saying that.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 06:17 PM

Dwight is faaaaaaaaaaaar better

knicks=love
02-10-2012, 06:18 PM
No Hibbert deserves it. Pacers are better than the Knicks (at least record wise -- which is the best indication for team skill [not team talent]).

i think chandler didn't get the nod because of how badly the knicks are doing. that's the obvious reason, and the knicks just started winning.. right after the voting process. honestly though, i'm fine with him and amar'e not playing in the all-star game. more rest for them.

Nick O
02-10-2012, 06:51 PM
noah should have made it over hibbert and granger should have replaced deron williams.

hahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahah hahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Colts2180
02-10-2012, 06:52 PM

Yeah guys such a joke. People on here are so ignorant its funny. Hibberts averaging 13.6pts and 9.9 rebounds and is one of the best defensive centers in the league. Hes dominated guys like Noah, Horford, Bynum and so on. Put up pretty good numbers up against Howard. Hows he not deserve it? Noah should make it over him? Really? Noah whos averaged 8pts and 9rbs a game most of the season. yeah hes SOOO much better right there lol. Look at the obvious and realize his numbers and the teams record says it all. Hes the 2nd best center in the east easily. Have some respect and dont judge people on pure biased. You should be complaining about guys like Garnet and Pierce that dont deserve to be there rather than a guy that clearly earned it.

Nick O
02-10-2012, 07:00 PM
I honestly think that Roy Hibbert is not an all star player at all. However, there was really no other players to choose from that stand out. I think Granger was more deserving than Hibbert, but the lack of Centers really gave him a good shot.

Noah started the season off poorly and couldn't catch up.
Varejao is quietly having a very good season but his team record hurts him.
Monroe has some pretty good numbers, but he is also on a terrible team.
Bargnani also is doing very well, but on a bad team and he doesnt do much more then score.
Hawes has been injured.
Chandler has done very well but the Knicks have been dissapointing and his numbers are a little worse.
Bogut,Lopez both out.

So really it was a tossup between a lot of decent centers, but with Indiana's record and Hibbert's stats being a tad higher then the rest of them, thats how he got in.

I personally thought they should have let Bosh be the reserve center and letting in either Smith/Granger/Stoudemire/Scalabrine as a WC.

bargnani is playing better D.. but he didnt make because

1. hes been injured the majority of the season and 2. hes not a center

VCaintdead17
02-10-2012, 07:01 PM

Actually he is.

Colts2180
02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
chandler is better than noah and hibbert :D

LOLOL. Noah and Hibberts both better than Chandler as players. Chandler is good defensively but he cant hit a shot outside of 3 feet. Guy has no jumper. Theres more to basketball than dunking every time. Hibberts numbers are better than Chandler including more blocks per game. NY is terrible and Indy is one of the top teams in the league right now. 25 games into the season is a pretty good measuring stick for a season. How many you need to know whos good? 50? Come on ppl. Im so tired of the Pacers not getting any respect, but yet the Knicks that have been terrible get comments like Chandler should be in there and crap. Obviously Hibberts better because hes in so get over it.

Colts2180
02-10-2012, 07:05 PM
bargnani is playing better D.. but he didnt make because

1. hes been injured the majority of the season and 2. hes not a center

Bargnani playing defense HAHAHAHAHA. Thats funny crap right there lol. That guy gets a rash when he even says the word defense. Dont even bring Bargani into the discussion, guys terrible and only scoring because they have no other options. The Raps record says it all on how good he is.

Colts2180
02-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Dwight is faaaaaaaaaaaar better

Nah the 3x defensive player of the year isnt the best defensive center in the league(sarcasm). The comments people make on here are something else lol.

Colts2180
02-10-2012, 07:11 PM
BTW Granger didnt make it because hes shooting a career low FG% and is only averaging 18ppg. His defense has been superb but his offense has been down. Hibberts been our best player and most consistent. thats why hes in and deserves it while Granger doesnt really belong there(over some guys that did make it though he might).

Nick O
02-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Bargnani playing defense HAHAHAHAHA. Thats funny crap right there lol. That guy gets a rash when he even says the word defense. Dont even bring Bargani into the discussion, guys terrible and only scoring because they have no other options. The Raps record says it all on how good he is.

they are 6-5 when he plays....

willabeast77
02-10-2012, 07:37 PM
The centre spot is weak this season. If the pistons were better, Greg Monroe would have made it. Indiana needed an allstar and Hibert has been their best player. Danny Granger has actually been quite horrible (for his standards). His ppg decline is somewhat respectable since David West joined the team and they're slowing it down but Granger shooting only 37% is awful. No way does he deserve it. Also people saying he should have made it over Pierce is quite laughable.

PacersForLife
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
LOLOL. Noah and Hibberts both better than Chandler as players. Chandler is good defensively but he cant hit a shot outside of 3 feet. Guy has no jumper. Theres more to basketball than dunking every time. Hibberts numbers are better than Chandler including more blocks per game. NY is terrible and Indy is one of the top teams in the league right now. 25 games into the season is a pretty good measuring stick for a season. How many you need to know whos good? 50? Come on ppl. Im so tired of the Pacers not getting any respect, but yet the Knicks that have been terrible get comments like Chandler should be in there and crap. Obviously Hibberts better because hes in so get over it.

:clap: Finally someone who gets it. Thank you.

D1JM
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
And it all makes sense

i was being sarcastic.

Vincent
02-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah guys such a joke. People on here are so ignorant its funny. Hibberts averaging 13.6pts and 9.9 rebounds and is one of the best defensive centers in the league. Hes dominated guys like Noah, Horford, Bynum and so on. Put up pretty good numbers up against Howard. Hows he not deserve it? Noah should make it over him? Really? Noah whos averaged 8pts and 9rbs a game most of the season. yeah hes SOOO much better right there lol. Look at the obvious and realize his numbers and the teams record says it all. Hes the 2nd best center in the east easily. Have some respect and dont judge people on pure biased. You should be complaining about guys like Garnet and Pierce that dont deserve to be there rather than a guy that clearly earned it.

Kevin Garnett didn't make the team... I think it was the first time in like 10 years.

And Paul Pierce deserved to make it, he's been playing pretty good.

Noah definitely shouldn't have made it over Hibbert. Noah vs Hibbert's raw numbers don't really tell the story (and neither do Noah's), since they only play 30 mins a game. They're both quality players, having decent season (in part because everyone else is injured or bad).

PacersForLife
02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Kevin Garnett didn't make the team... I think it was the first time in like 10 years.

And Paul Pierce deserved to make it, he's been playing pretty good.

Noah definitely shouldn't have made it over Hibbert. Noah vs Hibbert's raw numbers don't really tell the story (and neither do Noah's), since they only play 30 mins a game. They're both quality players, having decent season (in part because everyone else is injured or bad).

I agree, Paul Pierce deserved it, he basically brought the Celtics back to where they are. I don't think it's fair to make the excuse that other players are hurt and that's why Roy made the team. Roy is probably better than Lopez and Bogut, it's close so if not now, I think he will be when all three of them's careers are said and done. He has such a drive to keep getting better. He works out after every game and even when the rest of the team has days off. The guy is a gamer.

knicks=love
02-10-2012, 08:29 PM

chill out i was being sarcastic. i don't care if hibbert is on a winning team and chandler isn't. that shouldn't be an indication of an all-star or not.

chandler: 26 games - 33 MPG - 3.8/5.5 FGM/FGA - 69.7% FG% - 75.3% FT% - 9.9 RPG - 1.1 APG - 1.1 StPG - 1.3 BPG - 1.4 TOPG - 12.0 PPG - 20.87 PER

hibbert: 25 games - 30 MPG - 5.8/11.5 FGM/FGA - 50.9% FG% - 69.0% FT% - 9.9 RPG - 1.7 APG - 0.4 StPG - 1.8 BPG - 2.4 TOPG - 13.6 PPG - 19.53 PER

how can you say he has better stats when they're pretty much identical? chandler shoots the ball less per game and averages the same amount of rebounds, almost identical steals and blocks, less turnovers, more steals and 1 less point while shooting from the field better and from the line better. he also has a better PER, so saying hibbert has better stats is dumb for you to say.

i'm actually glad amar'e and chandler aren't playing. i'd rather them rest for the 2nd half of the season than play in an exhibition game that means absolutely nothing.. but that's just me.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Chandler actually has better advanced stats than Hibbert, or Noah. But again, the Knicks were 9-15 at the time of voting, and already had an all star on the team. There was no way Tyson was getting the nod.

Federal Reserve
02-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Chandler has more rings than Noah and Hibbert have, combined. Chandler controls the paint by himself. Looking at the stats, Chandler is much more efficient, accurate, persistent than either one of those two players.

PacersForLife
02-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Chandler has as many rings as Noah and Hibbert have, combined. Chandler controls the paint by himself. Looking at the stats, Chandler is much more efficient, accurate, persistent than either one of those two players.

You my friend, are blindly biased. The stats are almost identical while the ones that aren't, Hibbert beats Chandler in those stats.

knicks=love
02-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Chandler actually has better advanced stats than Hibbert, or Noah. But again, the Knicks were 9-15 at the time of voting, and already had an all star on the team. There was no way Tyson was getting the nod.

i totally agree. assistant coaches voted for the reserves i'm pretty sure, so they saw a center on a bad team and didn't give him the nod.. which i'm alright with. just more rest for him and amar'e.

Chandler has as many rings as Noah and Hibbert have, combined. Chandler controls the paint by himself. Looking at the stats, Chandler is much more efficient, accurate, persistent than either one of those two players.

what the hell are you talking about? hibbert and noah haven't been to the finals, so they don't have any. i'm pretty sure chandler won last year, so he has one. are you just that dumb?

Raph12
02-10-2012, 08:43 PM
The Pacers are better defensively but most of Roys blocks come off his own man not on help defense. There is no reason why Monroe shouldn't be better on man to man defense and he has plenty of opprotunities to help defend on the Pistons.

With that being said, Monroe is the slightly better defender in post play, he holds his opponents to 0.73PPP (points per possession) where Roy holds his opponents to 0.77PPP. Roy may block more shots, but Monroe forces more turnovers and his opponents score less against him.

Likewise Hibbert doesn't pad his stats on rebounds like Monroe does. The Pacers team rebound like no other and when your sg is 6'10 Roy has to fight for everyone he gets.

That doesn't explain why Monroe gets more offensive rebounds, they're essentially battling the same people aren't they?

Again Monroe is good but he isn't a better defender and you have to factor that in. I mean Byron Mullens put up 18 on .47 shooting against Monroe.. Hibby held him to 10 on .274 shooting.

He's not a better team defender, although I'd argue he's the better post/iso defender. Factor in the fact that Roy plays on a team that has much better team defense and you easily close the gap... Using your sample size doesn't prove anything.

Its a two way game and no way is Monroe better defensively than Hibbert.

Monroe is not a better team defender (pnr/recovering to his man), as he lacks the footspeed and athleticism Roy has, but his post/iso defense is superior to Roy's.

knicks=love
02-10-2012, 08:43 PM
You my friend, are blindly biased. The stats are almost identical while the ones that aren't, Hibbert beats Chandler in those stats.

oh, the irony :rolleyes:

PacersForLife
02-10-2012, 08:50 PM
oh, the irony :rolleyes:

I'll admit I've made some biased posts... but still every fan does that for their team. That guy just won't give up on the fact that he thinks Chandler is so much better than Hibbert.

Federal Reserve
02-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Chandler vs. Hibbert

Category: Scoring
12.0 ppg (5.4 SHOTS) vs 13.6 ppg (IT TAKES HIBBERT 11.5 SHOTS TO SCORE THAT MUCH)

69.7% fg vs 50.9% fg

75.3% ft vs 69.0% ft

Steals: 1.1 spg vs .40 spg

Rebounds: 9.9 rpg vs 9.9 rpg

Assists: 1.1 apg vs 1.7 apg

Blocks: 1.3 bpg vs 1.8 bpg

Turnovers: 1.4 tpg vs 2.4 tpg

knicks=love
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Chandler vs. Hibbert

12.0 ppg (5.4 SHOTS) vs 13.6 ppg (IT TAKES HIBBERT 11.5 SHOTS TO SCORE THAT MUCH)

69.7% fg vs 50.9% fg

75.3% ft vs 69.0% ft

i already did this. you're about 30 minutes late.

PacersForLife
02-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Chandler vs. Hibbert

69.7% fg vs 50.9% fg

75.3% ft vs 69.0% ft

Chandler's game basically consists of mainly dunks, it's easy to score on fewer attempts if that's all your offensive repertoire consists of.

mpz90
02-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Noah??? Are u guys serious? Hibbert has better numbers than Noah in almost every category and has been a model of consistency this year.

Chronz
02-10-2012, 09:48 PM
I dont like Hibberts lack of efficiency, the lockout has stunted #'s league wide so maybe Im making too much out of it. Still I think Tyson has outplayed him but right or wrong you know the league cant give the Knicks that many All-Stars. As for Monroe, offensively hes producing the best #'s of any center alive but if your a bigman on a last place defensive team you cant be that good defensively, particularly when your team has been better off without you on that end.

wjmoffatt
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
umm EAD buddy. Roy Hibbert is good. How in the H is Paul Pierce an All Star? What about Luol Deng? Dirk?

fadedmario
02-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Monroe is getting better and better. Starting to seem like every game he's right around 20 and 10.

Hawkeye15
02-11-2012, 12:22 AM
I dont like Hibberts lack of efficiency, the lockout has stunted #'s league wide so maybe Im making too much out of it. Still I think Tyson has outplayed him but right or wrong you know the league cant give the Knicks that many All-Stars. As for Monroe, offensively hes producing the best #'s of any center alive but if your a bigman on a last place defensive team you cant be that good defensively, particularly when your team has been better off without you on that end.

this sort of made me chuckle, while I agreed with it entirely.

IversonIsKrazy
02-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Eastern C's are just horrible, and Bogut, Horford & Lopez are injured. Detroit is just awful, so Mornoe was not going to be taken.

Leaving: Noah, Hibbert, Tyson.

Chicago: Already had 2 all-stars with Rose, Deng. Plus Noah hasn't had the best season.
NY: Already have 2 all-stars on a sub-500 team.
Indy: Granger couldn't get picked over Pierce. Leaving Hibbert the nod. Which i totally agree w

piaband
02-17-2012, 09:38 AM
For Noah doubters, last 5 games

-16.6 ppg, 12 rpg, 2 apg
-efficiency 19.06

Hibbert:
-11. 4 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.6 apg
-efficiency 18.57

We all know Noah had a bad start and has gotten back to last season's form. I think he will end up with comparable/better stats in each of these categories despite being the 5th scoring option on his team.

Pacerlive
02-17-2012, 02:17 PM
For Noah doubters, last 5 games

-16.6 ppg, 12 rpg, 2 apg
-efficiency 19.06

Hibbert:
-11. 4 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.6 apg
-efficiency 18.57

We all know Noah had a bad start and has gotten back to last season's form. I think he will end up with comparable/better stats in each of these categories despite being the 5th scoring option on his team.

Way to cherry pick the stats there and FWIW he's not the 5th scoring option when Rose is out.

Who was the best center he played against during those 5 games. Chris Wilcox and JO,, :clap: LOL and Hibbert had to go against Nene and Marc Gasol.

I am not going to lie though because Hibbert doesn't have the stamina that Noah has but lets play the full season and see then.