PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com Top 20 Jays Prospects for 2012

phillipmike
02-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Here is another list...

List: http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/#list=tor

Write up: http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120204&content_id=26578326&vkey=news_tor&c_id=tor

#1) Travis D'Arnaud
#2) Anthony Gose
#3) Jake Marisnick
#4) Noah Syndergaard
#5) Daniel Norris
#6) Justin Nicolino
#7) Drew Hutchison
#8) Aaron Sanchez
#9) Carlos Perez
#10) Deck McGuire
#11) Asher Wojciechowski
#12) Joe Musgrove
#13) Chris Hawkins
#14) A.J. Jimenez
#15) Kevin Comer
#16) Adeiny Hechavarria
#17) Adonys Cardona
#18) Jacob Anderson
#19) Moises Sierra
#20) Kellen Sweeney

Halladay
02-10-2012, 03:11 AM
Am I the only person who doesn't think Hech even belongs in the top 20?

StealingSigns
02-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Am I the only person who doesn't think Hech even belongs in the top 20?

This list is laughable after the first 10 picks. Scratch that. The list is just laughable. They got #1 right, and maybe #10...

At least it is reppin' my man, Kellen Sweeney! I even have doubts about him being top 20 in this deep system.

bomber0104
02-10-2012, 04:31 AM
mlb.com have always had a hard on for Perez and Woj

Krylian
02-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Perez will have a bounce-back season I believe.

Why?

Well...he was very good 2009 and 2010 seasons....then he moved up to full-season and had struggles. The 2 biggest reasons for his struggles, and it's been documented are,

1. The grind...I don't think he was ready for the grind of a full season. And even though I don't know, my guess is that the Jays would've worked with him in the off-season to get a little stronger and be ready.

2. The cold climate. He wasn't ready for the cold climate of Lansing and it affected him. Some handle it better than others...and it's something he will get used to. But regardless, he'll be in Dunedin this year so the weather will definitely be something he's more accustomed to.

He's a very good talent and I think we'll see him bounce back to the player we all thought we were going to see last year.

Sanyo
02-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Wojo will bounce back too -- they tried to change his pitching delivery and it failed miserably which is why he was horrid in the first half, but when they allowed him to change back to his old delivery, he looked solid -- I see him starting out in Single A and getting a promotion to Double A when the first pitcher from there gets promoted to the Majors...

Krylian
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Wojo will bounce back too -- they tried to change his pitching delivery and it failed miserably which is why he was horrid in the first half, but when they allowed him to change back to his old delivery, he looked solid -- I see him starting out in Single A and getting a promotion to Double A when the first pitcher from there gets promoted to the Majors...

I like Wojo, but I think he might end up in the pen. I don't think his changeup has come along as they'd hoped. Above average fastball, above average slider, and fringe changeup at this point. I hope he can find that changeup but if not, there are worse things than having another power arm in the pen.

Sanyo
02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I like Wojo, but I think he might end up in the pen. I don't think his changeup has come along as they'd hoped. Above average fastball, above average slider, and fringe changeup at this point. I hope he can find that changeup but if not, there are worse things than having another power arm in the pen.

True though for some pitchers they can develop that third pitch late and still be an effective pitcher -- his plus is he can go deep into games and eat innings so you always need one or two of those in your back end, but I dont see him staying with Toronto long-term anyways if guys like Syndergaard, Nicolino, Norris and Sanchez reach their full potential (of course its a big "if"), I think AA will try to get something back in return for him...

phillipmike
02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120204&content_id=26578326&vkey=news_tor&c_id=tor

Write up...

town123
02-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Perez will have a bounce-back season I believe.

Why?

Well...he was very good 2009 and 2010 seasons....then he moved up to full-season and had struggles. The 2 biggest reasons for his struggles, and it's been documented are,

1. The grind...I don't think he was ready for the grind of a full season. And even though I don't know, my guess is that the Jays would've worked with him in the off-season to get a little stronger and be ready.

2. The cold climate. He wasn't ready for the cold climate of Lansing and it affected him. Some handle it better than others...and it's something he will get used to. But regardless, he'll be in Dunedin this year so the weather will definitely be something he's more accustomed to.

He's a very good talent and I think we'll see him bounce back to the player we all thought we were going to see last year.

I don't know. Perez looked bored or disinterested all year. He didn't show a ton of desire. The grind or the climate just doesn't cut it for me.

He may not have liked his coach. He may have had off the field chick problems. No clue. The regular Lansing watchers (my pals) agree that he has all the tools to be great. Good defense, good arm, quick release, good feet, and with the bat good balance, plate coverage, gap power and good speed for a catcher.

I can see why scouts love this kid's tools that seem to match up with D'arnauds but he's just inconsistent IMO.

Krylian
02-11-2012, 02:05 PM
college but it was too

too....................?????