PDA

View Full Version : Jennings will strongly consider leaving Bucks for big market team

Gators123
02-10-2012, 01:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7560912/milwaukee-bucks-brandon-jennings-doing-homework-big-market-teams

Brandon Jennings, the Milwaukee Bucks' leading scorer, told ESPN.com Thursday he will strongly consider leaving Milwaukee for one of the league's larger markets once his rookie contract ends.

"I am going to keep my options open, knowing that the time is coming up,'' Jennings said in an email interview. "I'm doing my homework on big market teams.''

Jennings, 22, is in his third NBA season and will be eligible to sign a long-term contract extension with Milwaukee this summer. While he has not established himself as an All-Star or maximum-salaried player, he's led the Bucks in scoring the past two seasons and currently has them in playoff contention despite the loss of center Andrew Bogut to injury.

Jennings' exciting style of play has invigorated the Bucks' fan base and Milwaukee's management views him as a building block. But the point guard is not ready to commit to the franchise long-term.

"I'm not saying I won't (sign an extension with the Bucks) and I'm not saying I will,'' he said. "I'm just keeping my options open.''

Jennings' desire to play in a more prestigious market follows the league trend that began when LeBron James and Chris Bosh left Cleveland and Toronto, respectively, for Miami in 2010. Since then, Carmelo Anthony has forced a trade from Denver to New York, Chris Paul has forced a trade from New Orleans to Los Angeles, and Orlando's Dwight Howard has requested that the Magic trade him to the New Jersey Nets, who are moving to Brooklyn next season.

While Jennings is not in the class of those players, he said their decisions have influenced him.

"When you start seeing other players like Dwight Howard or CP3, you start thinking,'' said Jennings, who is averaging 18.9 points and 5.3 assists for the Bucks.

Jennings, a native of Los Angeles, said he has no problem with the Bucks organization and that he is thankful for being drafted by Milwaukee with the 10th pick in 2009. While other clubs had soured on Jennings, who struggled while playing one season in Italy directly out of high school, the Bucks made him a lottery pick.

"It has nothing to do with the city of Milwaukee or anything like that because that's where I started my career,'' Jennings said. "They've been nothing but good to me. (Coach) Scott Skiles and (general manager) John Hammond have been good to me. It's just that I'm understanding the business of basketball now.''

While Jennings did not address specific issues about the Bucks' team and organization, sources close to the situation said he is frustrated with the direction of the franchise. Bogut, the Bucks' second-best player, has been injury prone, missing 30 games in Jennings' first two seasons. The center has played only 12 games this season and is currently sidelined by an ankle injury that could cost him the rest of the season.

Stephen Jackson, another one of the Bucks' top players, wants out of Milwaukee unless the club gives him a contract extension, according to sources, and the rest of the Bucks' roster is made up of journeymen.

Despite leading Milwaukee to victories over Miami (twice) and the Los Angeles Lakers, Jennings did not make the Eastern Conference All-Star team. Despite his reservations about staying in Milwaukee for the long haul, Jennings insisted that his play and effort will not be adversely affected.

"I'm going to keep playing hard every night for the Bucks as long as I'm there,'' Jennings said. "I'm not promising that's where my future will be. I will make sure me and (agent Bill Duffy) look at all the best options.''

Canterbury
02-10-2012, 01:58 AM
That sounds about right.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Next point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers. ;)

kblo247
02-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Can't blame him as they are going no where, as there season is the same all 3 of his years in the league .... Play well, Bogut goes down, you are ****ed .... Rinse/Repeat

theheatles
02-10-2012, 02:03 AM

exactly this

USMCLaker
02-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Poor David Stern.

Raph12
02-10-2012, 02:05 AM

In order to become an unrestricted FA, he'd have to take the qualifying offer and he'd become a UFA in 2014 (same time Pau and Kobe come off the books)...

deaner
02-10-2012, 02:08 AM
If you follow his twitter, I'd actually say Toronto has a good shot at him. He raves about the town and would be paired with his buddy Demar.

Fresno
02-10-2012, 02:18 AM
If you follow his twitter, I'd actually say Toronto has a good shot at him. He raves about the town and would be paired with his buddy Demar.

This.

Honestly Milwaukee would probably be willing to trade him before Jennings ever left in Free Agency.

They'd probably do it as early as this offseason if necessary.

Its not like the Bucks are emotionally attached to Jennings as their "Franchise player".

shep33
02-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Lakers please!

Tmath
02-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Lakers or Raptors

Corey
02-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Rondo and JO for Jennings and Bogut.

Get to it, Ainge.

hgtiger32
02-10-2012, 02:28 AM
As Bucks fan, I agree. LA or Toronto

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Lakers please!

Jennings and Troy :drool:

hgtiger32
02-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Rondo and JO for Jennings and Bogut.

Get to it, Ainge.

No. That trade is just meh...

It's basically Rondo for Jennings. Rondo wouldn't want to play in Milwaukee. IDK

MetroMan
02-10-2012, 02:33 AM
damn, every team gonna lose there star.

LA_Raiders
02-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Pass, we dont need a shooting PG... We need a true PG... DWill is the man for the Job...

meloman1592
02-10-2012, 02:43 AM
He doesn't strike me as a franchise guy...him in LA doesn't really worry me. Idk, maybe it's cause Kobe isn't 2008 Kobe anymore and that duo won't really dominate the league

deaner
02-10-2012, 02:45 AM
You are now about to witness the strength of the Raps backcourt...

straight otta Compton

Sinestro
02-10-2012, 02:46 AM
I could see him going to the Lakers but I think it would be better if he went to Toronto

D1JM
02-10-2012, 02:53 AM
A lot of good pg in the league Right now

ACanadian
02-10-2012, 03:14 AM
Jennings and DeRozan would have instant chemistry, it'll be good for Toronto...

naps
02-10-2012, 03:18 AM
LOL. Jennigs is acting as if he's become a superstar. It's too early and premature talk. He's clearly looking for attention mentioning big market teams. No need to say this when you are on a team already.

Fresno
02-10-2012, 03:23 AM
No. That trade is just meh...

It's basically Rondo for Jennings. Rondo wouldn't want to play in Milwaukee. IDK

Rondo isn't some primadonna superstar demanding trades to a contender because hes an "expirer". He still has 3 years on his deal anyways.

Sadds The Gr8
02-10-2012, 03:32 AM
I don't really want him on the Raps, but it feels nice that a player would actually consider coming here...

ThunderousDemon
02-10-2012, 03:38 AM
If he wants to come to Lakers, he'll have to come off the bench because Fisher is putting up MVP numbers and he's also 38 years old.

MickeyMgl
02-10-2012, 03:53 AM

With a career FG% below 39%? Thank you, but no.

thrilla11
02-10-2012, 04:19 AM
He's probably talking about the Lakers. I think he wants to come home. I don't see him in Toronto though. I wouldn't categorize Toronto as a big market team. If not the Lakers then I would think New York- as in the Brooklyn Nets or Knicks.

Mcdoh
02-10-2012, 04:40 AM
La..

Jay
02-10-2012, 04:46 AM
If I recall correctly, the Raptors will have a **** load of cap space in the near future.....

numba1CHANGsta
02-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Pau+Blake+2 first round picks for Jennings+Jackson

Both of those players dont want to be there long term so might as well get something in return

Also, Pau+Bogut would be a legit frontcourt for the Bucks to build around

Bulldogs100
02-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Make an all star team first then start talking about where you want to go. This WWE bs is getting out of hand.

DerekCzajkowski
02-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Pau n Blake plus two first rounders for Jennings and Jackson id do in a heartbeat...I'm a Milwaukee fan and Jennings attitude has changed since being paired with Jackson....both think they are much better than they really are

numba1CHANGsta
02-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Pau n Blake plus two first rounders for Jennings and Jackson id do in a heartbeat...I'm a Milwaukee fan and Jennings attitude has changed since being paired with Jackson....both think they are much better than they really are

Don't worry the Lakers will straighten them out lol :D

brodawgs
02-10-2012, 05:56 AM
I think Jennings would be great in Denver or Toronto. Ideally, if he's going to go, I'd love to trade him for Ty Lawson and a pick. Either way, the Bucks have to do something, this roster will not go anywhere soon unless we get another star. We have a lot of depth, but no stand-outs.

Kaspa
02-10-2012, 07:55 AM

Jennings is the pg I've been saying we should go after for a while now.

Badluck33
02-10-2012, 08:03 AM
4 words..

"Pay the Man"

Raps18-19 Champ
02-10-2012, 08:30 AM
I wouldn't mind him here if the price is right.

Though I have other PG's I'd prefer a lot more.

Breeze777
02-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Get this guy to Toronto

NYtilIdie
02-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Didn't everyone call this move in that bulls**t "bandwagon" thread made during his rookie year after he dropped 55 on GSW?

Jint.
02-10-2012, 08:44 AM

seems about right.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I would trade Jennings,Jackson and Bogut to Celtics for Rondo,Allen and Stiemsma. Now as for the Lakers it has to be Jennings,Jackson,Gooden for Gasol and maybe a first rounder. Gasol is expensive though. Probably be a two year rental. Celtic trade is more appealing. Bucks get fan favorite in Ray Allen back. Also all star pg in Rondo and Wisconsin Badger Stiemsma.

MagicHero3
02-10-2012, 09:43 AM

Both of those players dont want to be there long term so might as well get something in return

i dont think the Lakers would give up Pau and 2 first rounders for Jennings and i dont think they want anything to do with SJax either.

MagicHero3
02-10-2012, 09:45 AM
4 words..

"Pay the Man"

four?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-10-2012, 09:57 AM

Steve Blake already worn out his welcome in Milwaukee. Besides he has two more years remaining. We don't want him back again. Also Gasol makes a ton of money. Has to be like Jennings,Jackson,Gooden for salaries to work. Lakers probably have to toss in at least 1 first rounder.

BigBongTheory
02-10-2012, 10:10 AM
If he wants to come to Lakers, he'll have to come off the bench because Fisher is putting up MVP numbers and he's also 38 years old.

this.

Chi City23
02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Jennings is so overrated on this forum! I'd say he's not even a top 10 PG in the league.. in no particular order the guys I would take over Jennings with the last spot being debatable..

Paul
Rose
Westbrook
Nash
DWill
Tony Parker
K. Irving
Lowry
Rondo
Steph Curry
Ty Lawson
Wall/Tyreke/Jennings

deaner
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM
BRAND0NJENNINGS Brandon Jennings
If you could be from another city. What City would it be??? Or State?

I'm from #California so I'm good.... But if I had to pick I would say #Toronto....
25 Jan

RT @TheRealJudah @BRAND0NJENNINGS Why Toronto? The city is amazing!!!! And the women are beautiful
26 Jan

Toronto you know it's Love.....
9 Jan

Toronto its been real be back in March..... Ovoxo
8 Feb

Beautiful day in Toronto!!!
8 Feb

Blasting Rich Hil & The Weeknd headed too #Toronto
7 Feb

In Toronto..... W/ the homie @DaTrillStak5 tonight
8 Feb

bold added for emphasis

http://twitter.com/BRAND0NJENNINGS

Chavacano
02-10-2012, 10:54 AM

In order to become an unrestricted FA, he'd have to take the qualifying offer and he'd become a UFA in 2014 (same time Pau and Kobe come off the books)...

Do it Mitch!

Jennings and Troy :drool:

Troy alone. :drool:

Ebbs
02-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I would love to see him in Toronto.

Honestly I can't think of many teams I'd hate playing for more than the Bucks. They suck they make very confusing transactions and they never seem serious about winning.

torontosports10
02-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I wouldnt mind him in TO, and its nice to see he likes it there, but with Jonas coming over next year and a high pick this year, those two will probably be the main building blocks for this team. Jennings is good and all, but I still prefer the good old pass first PG, unless they have talents like Rose, DWill, Paul etc.

That said, I wouldnt say no to signing him, but wouldnt offer a ton in a deal.

whitemamba33
02-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Yep....let's make a huge deal out of a career 38% field goal shooter showing zero class by publicly stating that he's looked into playing with bigger markets.

I don't mind the multi-year discussions that normally happen after a star player gets more than halfway through his contract, but Brandon Jennings? The best player on a sub .500 team?

gwrighter
02-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't really want him on the Raps, but it feels nice that a player would actually consider coming here...

I like him on the Raps. I believe that Casey could squeeze more out of him in terms of being an actual PG. Pairing him up with Valanciunas could be deadly in the P&R as we need more of a scoring threat from the PG position. not to mention Dero & him appear to be good friends.

With that said there are other PG's I would want before him most notably Deron or Curry. But if he loves the city I would def entertain an offer.

Dade County
02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
i see him going to the lakers or knicks

whitemamba33
02-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I would HOPE the Lakers are smarter than that.

John Walls Era
02-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Go to Toronto. He can get into chuck mode, but hes talented.

Lakers + Giants
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
He is from compton so. . . . :D

GiantsSwaGG
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
4 words..

"Pay the Man"

:facepalm:

Celtics33
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
I've heard him talk about the Raptors quite a bit lately from his twitter account. It wouldn't surprise me if he went to either LA or Toronto.

OC Knights #11
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Can't blame Jennings. This team stinks and will never go anywhere with our ownership and front office. The only way to improve the team is through the draft and the Bucks handle that business like ****.

Chronz
02-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Way to screw over a small market team coaches, by not making him an All-Star he actually has a legit complaint to leave.

JayW_1023
02-11-2012, 04:31 PM
He is a knucklehead, and not as good as he thinks he is.

SA5195
02-11-2012, 04:44 PM
I have a feeling he'll want to come to Toronto.

Him and Demar have been friends since they were 10.

And on his Twitter, he mentioned Toronto a few times.

jiggin
02-11-2012, 04:46 PM
ahhh...a further sign that the NBA is still broken.

Lockout did no good. I expect another one when this current contract ends. Players and teams learned and did nothing to prevent what was already happening.

ink
02-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Predictably superficial behaviour from an over-rated player.

ink
02-11-2012, 04:49 PM
He is a knucklehead, and not as good as he thinks he is.

This.

I have a feeling he'll want to come to Toronto.

Him and Demar have been friends since they were 10.

And on his Twitter, he mentioned Toronto a few times.

Absolute last thing the Raptors need or want.

ink
02-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Way to screw over a small market team coaches, by not making him an All-Star he actually has a legit complaint to leave.

Not getting named an All Star is a legit complaint? OMG. This league has become a parody of a parody with morons like Jennings dictating where and how they'll play, and whining and whinging because they didn't get to be All Stars. It's brutal.

Chronz
02-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Not getting named an All Star is a legit complaint? OMG. This league has become a parody of a parody.
Nah players have always cared about their stature. And many of them believe where you play artificially enhances your image. I don't think theyre wrong

KH12
02-11-2012, 04:53 PM
He'll still be inefficient wherever he goes.

Jarvo
02-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Lakers.

Lim
02-11-2012, 05:19 PM
no one can handle the temptations of a big market huh? i dont really understand tbh, if i was in the NBA i would WANT to try and play my whole career on one team. i would want to try and become one of the best players in the franchises history. just like kobe is trying to become the best laker ever, id try and become the best buck ever (lol) if i were jennings.

gwrighter
02-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Absolute last thing the Raptors need or want.

I think he'l fall in line. After all he did spend a season in Europe prior to coming to the NBA which is way more strict on players. Players being open to coming to Toronto willingly without an overpayment are always worth considering, especially ones as young and as talented as Jennings.

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Nah players have always cared about their stature. And many of them believe where you play artificially enhances your image. I don't think theyre wrong

Well if that's the case Toronto is a great place looking at Bosh and Carter. To me Jennings seems like the type of guy who would ask for something outrageous money wise and won't be even close to what he thinks he's worth.

LanceUpperCut
02-11-2012, 05:36 PM

Or maybe the large market coaches screwed him who knows. Either way if that was a legit complaint to leave a team cause of an all-star snub this league is more ****ed than I ever though.

Chronz
02-11-2012, 05:38 PM

Well if that's the case Toronto is a great place looking at Bosh and Carter. To me Jennings seems like the type of guy who would ask for something outrageous money wise and won't be even close to what he thinks he's worth.
Yup, hes always had an inflated ego, just the kind of guy to take an All Star snub personally. I never liked him, but hes always competed on defense, hes correcting some of his efficiency problems and hes leading a very depleted/toxic roster to respectability.

I wouldn't fault him for leaving, but I pity the team that has to overpay to land/keep him.

Chronz
02-11-2012, 05:40 PM

Or maybe the large market coaches screwed him who knows. Either way if that was a legit complaint to leave a team cause of an all-star snub this league is more ****ed than I ever though.
Why?

RLundi
02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Anyone legitimately surprised??

AddiX
02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
I love Jennings game, and I love his confidence. But I can't take anything he says or does serious. He's one these clowns that models himself after cash money, calling himself young money and ish, clown ish.

And in reality I think the brandon jennings market is far smaller than he expects it to be.

It will be interesting to see what he gets paid, that's for sure.

ink
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM

I can't even believe this "large market" vs "small market" soap opera is still going on. lol. And I agree, the league is far more ****ed than we really realize if so many of the players are so closed-minded. Makes you appreciate the mindset of the European players who are at least worldly if not always as talented.

I watched Jennings play the other day and he's the last thing we want with Casey's emphasis on D. Just look at Skiles' comments about his weak D.

John Walls Era
02-11-2012, 07:57 PM
I can't even believe this "large market" vs "small market" soap opera is still going on. lol. And I agree, the league is far more ****ed than we really realize if so many of the players are so closed-minded. Makes you appreciate the mindset of the European players who are at least worldly if not always as talented.

I watched Jennings play the other day and he's the last thing we want with Casey's emphasis on D. Just look at Skiles' comments about his weak D.

They're not closed minded at all. Just stupid. Its become irrelevant now with twitter and a million other internet social media. Durant made the Thunder into the media darling and he plays in OKC.

AddiX
02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
What make 0 sense is how the hell did the NBA go into a lockout and not address small market teams Vs large market teams? I'm a Knicks fan, but as an NBA fan I want to see the talent more evenly spread out. How did NBA owners not force some kind of benefit to players that only the team that drafted them can give them?

Within the next 5-7 years you will see AT LEAST 3-4 less teams in the NBA. How can any of these teams compete anymore?

Thunder is the exception, not the rule. Most of these teams are screwed.

John Walls Era
02-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Only thing matters is winning or the potential to win. Even Wolves were getting some hype before the season started and they only had Love and a rookie people never even saw play.

dtmagnet
02-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Not the kind of player I want the Raptors to go all-in on trade-wise or free-agent wise.

Chronz
02-11-2012, 08:52 PM
What make 0 sense is how the hell did the NBA go into a lockout and not address small market teams Vs large market teams? I'm a Knicks fan, but as an NBA fan I want to see the talent more evenly spread out. How did NBA owners not force some kind of benefit to players that only the team that drafted them can give them?

Within the next 5-7 years you will see AT LEAST 3-4 less teams in the NBA. How can any of these teams compete anymore?

Thunder is the exception, not the rule. Most of these teams are screwed.
Anyone can complain, alot harder to prove you have the solution.

There is nothing to fix, this is how the NBA has always been. Teams have the ability to offer more money, and while it has allowed small markets to retain stars over the years, its also sabotaged their cap and winning, which inevitably leads to the star wanting out anyways and the team wanting him out.

ink
02-11-2012, 09:01 PM
There is nothing to fix, this is how the NBA has always been.

Obviously you've been repeating that long enough that you actually believe the untruth. No pro sports league has ever been this provincial and parochial in the modern era. And the only reason I say the modern era is because that doesn't include the time before plane travel.

VCaintdead17
02-11-2012, 09:09 PM
people suck

Chronz
02-11-2012, 10:23 PM
There is nothing to fix, this is how the NBA has always been.

Obviously you've been repeating that long enough that you actually believe the untruth. No pro sports league has ever been this provincial and parochial in the modern era. And the only reason I say the modern era is because that doesn't include the time before plane travel.
I don't know about any other sport I only focus on the one. And I don't think you know what I'm talking about.

ink
02-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't know about any other sport I only focus on the one. And I don't think you know what I'm talking about.

I don't know how I couldn't know. You posted the same remark ad nauseum throughout the lockout. lol.

Chronz
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM

I don't know how I couldn't know. You posted the same remark ad nauseum throughout the lockout. lol.
No doubt, but here I'm focusing solely on players caring about how they are perceived, and the allure of opting for big cities as the means to superficially boost your own image isn't anything new, nor is it something that can be fixed, at least not within the NBA when the media is also involved.

Dont get me wrong, its foolish to think a player is any better/different simply by moving but you can't deny the benefits that come from the added exposure. Playing in NY, scratch that, STARRING in NY can greatly elevate your status. Amare was a prime example of a guy being the same guy hes always been (worse imo), and being billed as an MVP .

And yes your convinced I speak untruths, I would like to see why tho.

0nekhmer
02-11-2012, 11:35 PM
He's probably talking about the Lakers. I think he wants to come home. I don't see him in Toronto though. I wouldn't categorize Toronto as a big market team. If not the Lakers then I would think New York- as in the Brooklyn Nets or Knicks.

lol.

thekmp211
02-12-2012, 12:02 AM

it's clear that we will never ever agree on this subject. but humor me. which are the best teams in the league right now? the short list? miami (small market) okc (small market) denver (small market) indy (small market).

the previous debate on this subject got me to do a little digging into the subject.

of the top ten big market teams, over the past decade, precisely three have cumulative winning records, those three teams being the lakers, the mavs and the celtics. also consider the fact that the celtics barely acheived that honor by running **** form 2008-10. only dallas has been a true contender through the entirety of that time.

from 1999 - 2010, 21 different teams have won a division title. these teams have not.

Charlotte Bobcats, Washington Wizards, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets

on that list i see 4 big market teams, 2 expansion projects, the warriors and the rockets.

i'd like to know what you think of that and how it pertains to the market battles.

MU and UW Fan
02-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Why does everyone name teams just based on where they are from? just because he is from compton automatically people say LA. Is LA interested in him? doubt it. Guy is a shoot first PG and Lakers need a distributor. As a Bucks fan, I hope we trade Jennings in the off season. Guy thinks he's an unbelievable talent. so overrated.

AddiX
02-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Anyone can complain, alot harder to prove you have the solution.

There is nothing to fix, this is how the NBA has always been. Teams have the ability to offer more money, and while it has allowed small markets to retain stars over the years, its also sabotaged their cap and winning, which inevitably leads to the star wanting out anyways and the team wanting him out.

Actually your completely wrong, its very easy to fix, if your the owners tell the union you want to offer players a deal that allows players to stay with the team that seated them, more money.

Problem solved, no one would be against it. Same way teams have things such as bird rights, and the mle you can have added benefits to stay with the team that drafted you.

If not, who the heck wants to go to a dump like Cleveland or Wisconsin or some dump crap hole like those places? You dont offer more $, the players won't stay.

THE MTL
02-12-2012, 04:59 AM
If only Bogut could find a way to stay on the court, they might be able to keep Jennings. I feel like Jennings has too much swag/attitude to be contained in a small market like Mil unless they are winning. In the end, he will probably leave the Bucks.

Sportfan
02-12-2012, 07:16 AM
I see too much Arenas in Jennings, anyone dishing out a huge contract for this guy is ********

faridk89
02-12-2012, 08:28 AM
I'll say toronto only because Derozan is also from compton and could recruit him...but not likely

ne3xchamps
02-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Can't blame him as they are going no where, as there season is the same all 3 of his years in the league .... Play well, Bogut goes down, you are ****ed .... Rinse/Repeat

this.

I can't blame jennings at all on this matter. I'm sure he doesn't want to waste the prime years of his career not winning ****.

waveycrockett
02-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Whenever this guy opens his mouth I just have to smh. He thinks he is soooo much better than he is. He thinks he is on Derrick Rose level. The dude is nuts.

ichitownclowni
02-12-2012, 10:07 AM
La or toronto

FriedTofuz
02-12-2012, 01:11 PM
he can leave milwaukee only if milwaukee does not match the offer. It looks like someone will have to overpay so milwaukee doesnt match. That, would be a waste. He really likes Toronto and wants to play there as well. They would end up overpaying for a chucker

Vampirate
02-12-2012, 03:41 PM

If the contract was right I would take him.
Yeah he probably has an ego but he's better than either Calderon or Bayless, he's also 23 years old so there is room for improvement on his game. Also since he is young there is reason to believe that he could mature, I think it's a bit early to tell how his career is going. If the BUCS dont improve soon enough I would'nt blame him for leaving and wanting to be in a better situation.

Also it is refreshing to see a young basketball player with potential praise toronto and indicate that he would like to play for the raptors.

Chronz
02-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Actually your completely wrong, its very easy to fix, if your the owners tell the union you want to offer players a deal that allows players to stay with the team that seated them, more money.

Problem solved, no one would be against it. Same way teams have things such as bird rights, and the mle you can have added benefits to stay with the team that drafted you.

Im still waiting for your proof as to how that solves anything. The same way having those rights have crippled teams in the past, so too will your option. Which BTW is still very vague. Teams can already offer more $, and like I told you in the first post, when you have to compromise your roster flexibility to retain a star your already making it harder to build around him, which can/has inevitably led to the star forcing his way out. In the end, there is no proof one way or another that you can control these issues.

If not, who the heck wants to go to a dump like Cleveland or Wisconsin or some dump crap hole like those places? You dont offer more $, the players won't stay.
Yup, thats why LeBron stayed once his contract was finished. They tried to land Ray Allen and Redd one year buy those guys stayed in their small markets for the money.

The end result was that those small markets payed a premium for middling results and Cleveland had to settle for overpaying Hughes which crippled Clevelands cap. Basically the morale of the story is that money doesn't solve everything, it can actually get in the way just as easily.