PDA

View Full Version : How did Iguodala get picked over Rondo?

NYSpirit1
02-09-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm not even a Celtics fan, I hate them, but the Iguodala pick was one of the worst in recent history. We're talking Jamaal Magloire level.

That team has a ensemble cast, with like 7 guys averaging between 10-15 points and how they picked Iguodala out of that cast, I don't know. I didn't know 13 pts, 6 rebs, 5 assists was All-Star worthy. I guess Landry Fields should have made the All-Star game last year when he was putting up near those numbers and the Knicks were playing really well.

Meanwhile, you have him taking Rondo's spot, who has the Celtics on his back, averaging 14 points and 10 assists a game, shooting 50% from the field. And the Celtics aren't even bad, they're 14-10. :facepalm:

albertc86
02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I've always thought Iguodala is overrated. I think he's a solid player but he's not worthy of an all-star nod. I'd take Rondo over him any day.

pd7631
02-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Ummm, have you seen him play defense?

NYSpirit1
02-09-2012, 10:06 PM

Players don't get picked to All-Star games for their defense, ever.

Unless they are putting up insane defensive numbers like Ben Wallace and Rodman, 15 rebounds and like 4 blocks. Just because Iguodala is a great perimeter defender doesn't mean he's not an overpaid role player.

I'm not saying this because I dislike the Sixers, I don't really. I think they have a lot of pieces to trade for a true star, who they need to make big shots and lead them to a championship. But they haven't had an All-Star since Iverson and calling Iguodala one is rather one of the more ridiculous things I've seen.

llemon
02-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm not even a Celtics fan, I hate them, but the Iguodala pick was one of the worst in recent history. We're talking Jamaal Magloire level.

That team has a ensemble cast, with like 7 guys averaging between 10-15 points and how they picked Iguodala out of that cast, I don't know. I didn't know 13 pts, 6 rebs, 5 assists was All-Star worthy. I guess Landry Fields should have made the All-Star game last year when he was putting up near those numbers and the Knicks were playing really well.

Meanwhile, you have him taking Rondo's spot, who has the Celtics on his back, averaging 14 points and 10 assists a game, shooting 50% from the field. And the Celtics aren't even bad, they're 14-10. :facepalm:

Did Igloo's All-Star selection upset you?

If so, you should rethink your life.

NYMetros
02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Cause Rondo missed too many games with an injury.

RowanJournalist

Unless they are putting up insane defensive numbers like Ben Wallace and Rodman, 15 rebounds and like 4 blocks. Just because Iguodala is a great perimeter defender doesn't mean he's not an overpaid role player.

I'm not saying this because I dislike the Sixers, I don't really. I think they have a lot of pieces to trade for a true star, who they need to make big shots and lead them to a championship. But they haven't had an All-Star since Iverson and called Iguodala one is rather one of the more ridiculous things I've seen.

Agreed, but that's a flaw in the system, being that defense does win games, which in the end is the most important thing (above all individual accolades).

pd7631

Iggy right now is probably 1st or 2nd in the DPOY pecking order. There's also this before his selection tonight...

Iguodala is only player in NBA history w/ 8000pts, 3000rbs, 2500 assts & fewer than 1500 TOs to never make an All-Star game

And the Sixers are better than the Celtics.

Hawkeye15
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM
C's are down, Sixers are up, Iggy has been underrated forever, and is one of the better two way players in the league. Rondo didn't deserve to make it. In fact, I find it hard to make a case on any Celtic making it.

Hawkeye15
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Iggy right now is probably 1st or 2nd in the DPOY pecking order. There's also this before his selection tonight...

And the Sixers are better than the Celtics.

this.

UPRock
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
He's playing good this year and is the runner up for the DPOY, why u mad?

bringbackfredex
02-09-2012, 10:11 PM

I'm not saying this because I dislike the Sixers, I don't really. I think they have a lot of pieces to trade for a true star, who they need to make big shots and lead them to a championship. But they haven't had an All-Star since Iverson and calling Iguodala one is rather one of the more ridiculous things I've seen.

Well than this will be the first, because the Sixers aren't where they are now without him. A team that has made huge strides like the Sixers deserves an AS, and Iggy is probably one of the best if not the best shutdown defender in the league. He's becoming similar to what Artest was in his prime, only probably not as good of a shooter. I like to call him a poor mans LeBron because of his athleticism.

More-Than-Most
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Do not like Iggy and I want him traded but he is having a good season and is just flat out sick defensively... Both him and Lou should have made it.

itsripcity32
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
look at philly's record.
look at boston"s record.
look at rondo's missed games

sixer04fan
02-09-2012, 10:14 PM
The fact that you ask this question shows that you know nothing about basketball.

Kyben36
02-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Rose and rondo would not be a good backcourt IMO. thats probably why, most of the people who voted for Rose, also probably voted Iggy as his backcourt partner.

sixer04fan
02-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Rose and rondo would not be a good backcourt IMO. thats probably why, most of the people who voted for Rose, also probably voted Iggy as his backcourt partner.

Oh boy... :facepalm:

You have literally no idea how the voting works, do you...

pd7631
02-09-2012, 10:16 PM

This is not the reason why.

pd7631
02-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I can maybe see having an issue with Deng over Rondo, but not Iggy. The biggest snub IMO is Deng over Josh Smith.

shep33
02-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Iggy deserves his bid. Not sure Joe Johnson deserves his though... Deron is borderline

willabeast77
02-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I also agree. His selection was just off and did make little sense. His only case really is "his team has a good record"...blah

Dramedy
02-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Well, he's the best player on the team with the 4th best record in the league, he's the best perimeter defender in the league, he's one of the most well rounded players in the league, and Boston really hasn't been good enough to warrant two all stars unless they're clear cut, which they aren't. Iggy deserved it.

sixer04fan
02-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I also agree. His selection was just off and did make little sense. His only case really is "his team has a good record"...blah

...no.

DR_1
02-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I can maybe see having an issue with Deng over Rondo, but not Iggy. The biggest snub IMO is Deng over Josh Smith.

Lol what about Pierce?

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
rondo has missed too many games and iggy is having a soild year, sixers also have the better record.

Corey
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Rondo isn't even a snub. Hes missed too many games.

Josh Smith, Greg Monroe, Brandon Jennings, Kyrie Irving and Ryan Anderson all deserve it more than Rondo this year.

Mishmin
02-09-2012, 10:33 PM
If Rondo hadn't missed those games with the injury, he probably would have made it. Rondo is the best player on the celtics.

But I kind of like the way they did it this year, rewarding teams that don't really have any real stars, by selecting some very strong role players. Also, many of those eastern conference teams have really improved and deserve some kind of representation. On the EC bench, there are no two players from the same team. That's refreshing.

What's funny to me is how Monta Ellis still can't get into that game if he scalps tickets.

pd7631
02-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Lol what about Pierce?

Paul Pierce is better, and has played better than Deng. What's the issue?

DR_1
02-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Paul Pierce is better, and has played better than Deng. What's the issue?

How has he played better than Deng? :facepalm:

dibacco59
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
hmm idk maybe because hes the best player on a team that has the 3rd best record in the east. and the fact hes an olympic gold medalist doesnt hurt either

Baller1
02-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Better season, healthier, and playing on the better team. Iggy is playing fantastic basketball on both sides of the ball...

He very well deserved this spot, and he would've been a blatant snub if he wasn't selected.

Baller1
Better season, healthier, and playing on the better team. Iggy is playing fantastic basketball on both sides of the ball...

He very well deserved this spot, and he would've been a blatant snub if he wasn't selected.

gattaca

I dont understand how you say no one gets on the all star team EVER for defense yet you name two players that have.

Corey
02-09-2012, 10:43 PM

Easy:

Pierce has a better eFG%, TS%, WS/48, AST%, USG, WS, PPG, APG.

It's actually really easy to make the case that Pierce has had a better year than Deng.

SportsAndrew25
He was picked because he was good at all things. I would say based on what I have looked up that Rondo had the clutch gene while he was in college.

Gritz
Easy...

Because instead of them picking Rondo, they picked Andre

Problem solved

I should run for Mayor

warfelg
02-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Because reserves are selected by coaches. And coaches around the league speak very highly of Iggy. If you really watch everything he does you can understand how good of a player he is.

pd7631
02-09-2012, 10:47 PM

Well, the Celtics are 0-3(0%) without Pierce and the Bulls are 4-3(57%) without Deng. So that right there shows the importance of Pierce to the Celtics vs. the importance of Deng to the Bulls.

Win Shares

Pierce: 2.9 --.194 per 48

Deng: 2.5 -- .149 per 48

PER

Pierce: 21.2

Deng: 16.2

O-Rating

Pierce: 108

Deng: 106

D-Rating

Pierce: 97

Deng: 98

Per Game Stats

Pierce: 18.4pts -- 5.6reb -- 5.7ast -- 1stl -- 42% from the field -- 33 min

Deng: 16pts -- 7.3reb -- 2.5ast -- 1.2stl -- 44% from the field -- 38 min

Again, what's the issue?

Eagles710
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
This is Stupid, Iggy Literally Makes that Team Play Defense, Offense is a Bit slugish at times, but he does not take alot of shots, but besides Lebron, he is the best Wing defender in the game, and honestly lebron is not that much better them him Defense wise. He Should 100% be picked over Rondo. He is a better player , Period

DR_1
02-09-2012, 10:54 PM
^^^The Bulls played crap teams without Deng most of the time. And most advanced stats are garbage.

bholly
02-09-2012, 10:57 PM
hmm idk maybe because hes the best player on a team that has the 3rd best record in the east. and the fact hes an olympic gold medalist doesnt hurt either

he was on the world champs team, not the olympic team.

jp611
02-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Because he's better then him :shrug:

EaglesJackson10
02-09-2012, 11:04 PM
This is Stupid, Iggy Literally Makes that Team Play Defense, Offense is a Bit slugish at times, but he does not take alot of shots, but besides Lebron, he is the best Wing defender in the game, and honestly lebron is not that much better them him Defense wise. He Should 100% be picked over Rondo. He is a better player , Period

That didn't need to be included. Iggy is the best wing defender in the game.

Corey
02-09-2012, 11:05 PM
^^^The Bulls played crap teams without Deng most of the time. And most advanced stats are garbage.

Haha okay. Look at 'non advance' stats then. Pierce still scores more in less minutes, more efficiently...and has better assist numbers.

2-ONE-5
02-09-2012, 11:11 PM
He was snubbed in 08-09.
Sixers are the 3rd best team in the East and lead the Atlantic they deserve an All Star. Iggy's ALL AROUND game including DEFENSE are All Star worthy.
The only thing Rondo is better then Iggy in is assists (and he should be considering hes a PG and shooting %)
Also Pierce is having a better season then Deng.

pd7631
02-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Haha okay. Look at 'non advance' stats then. Pierce still scores more in less minutes, more efficiently...and has better assist numbers.

Exactly, Pierce has Deng beat in almost every significant stat there is, advanced, not advanced.....it doesn't matter, Pierce is better.

jp611
02-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Pierce has been better then deng this year, and deng is my 2nd favorite player in the entire league, Deng is a boss, but pierce has been pretty damn good this year despite him getting older, both were deserving all stars

Raps18-19 Champ
02-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Iggy is better than Rondo this year.

If anything, Rondo should have made it over Pierce.

jp611
02-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Iggy is better than Rondo this year.

If anything, Rondo should have made it over Pierce.

Absolutely not... Pierce is the only deserving all star on that team this year

Raps18-19 Champ
02-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Absolutely not... Pierce is the only deserving all star on that team this year

I don't think any Celtic deserves to get in. But I'd rather pick Rondo over Pierce. Rondo's been injured too much however. But I think Rondo was playing his best basketball this season.

jp611
02-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Pierce has been playing great this year. He's well deserving

KB24PG16
02-10-2012, 12:05 AM
usually when a team has a good record like the sixers have right now they usually get at least one all star, this true for any sport take the nfl for example the niners who basically the same players as last year had 10+ pro bowlers since they were 13-3

THE MTL
02-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Iggy made it because of the Sixers record. At #2 in the NBA, the coaches felt obligated to pick someone from that team. But NO! Iggy is not a true allstar and everyone knows that.

willabeast77
02-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Iggy made it because of the Sixers record. At #2 in the NBA, the coaches felt obligated to pick someone from that team. But NO! Iggy is not a true allstar and everyone knows that.

Your absolutely right. The 76ers are lucky they had a favorable schdule so far and that the East has been bad this season. He made it out of sympathy.

KB24PG16
02-10-2012, 12:09 AM

pretty much exactly what i said

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 12:25 AM
because Rondo missed a couple games he's still better than Andre

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 12:27 AM
because Rondo missed a couple games he's still better than Andre

Provide a case for your opinion, instead of being a blatant Rondo homer.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 12:42 AM
whats your case for Pierce not being an all star?

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 12:54 AM
whats your case for Pierce not being an all star?

What does that have to do with the question. Honestly, provide an explanation on why Rondo was snubbed. I feel absolutely no need to respond with any opinion until you actually make a rational argument.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 12:58 AM
What does that have to do with the question. Honestly, provide an explanation on why Rondo was snubbed. I feel absolutely no need to respond with any opinion until you actually make a rational argument.

you came in the thread with your usual Celtic hate saying no Celtic deserves to be an all star and I said rondo is better than Iguodala but he missed the all star game because he missed too many games. There isn't an argument for Iguodala being a better player than Rondo that's why you aren't bringing out stats

John Walls Era
02-10-2012, 01:00 AM
76ers record is too good for them to not have at least 1 AS. Which is also why I think Lowry got robbed.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 01:00 AM
you came in the thread with your usual Celtic hate saying no Celtic deserves to be an all star and I said rondo is better than Iguodala but he missed the all star game because he missed too many games. There isn't an argument for Iguodala being a better player than Rondo that's why you aren't bringing out stats

Celtic hate? Interesting, never been accused of that before.

No, I am asking you to actually provide an argument on why Rondo was a snub this year. Either lay it out, or don't man. Simple.

OaklandsFinest
02-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Even if you don't think Igoudala is a great player (I think he is), he is by far one of the best dunkers in the game, in that rare, Lebron, DeRozen, Blake category.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Celtic hate? Interesting, never been accused of that before.

No, I am asking you to actually provide an argument on why Rondo was a snub this year. Either lay it out, or don't man. Simple.

nope, can't stand the Celtics honestly. And he has more rings and playoff success than Timmy in the last 3 years. Sooooooo, your point is irrelevant.

You really have absolutely no clue on how to evaluate rosters. You act as if Timmy carried scrubs on his back to 4 rings. You couldn't be farther from the truth. I have seen enough of your posts to realize you have no clue how to evaluate rosters, including your own.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=17072853&postcount=311

you admitted yourself you're a hater, and Rondo is better than Igoudala at everything except rebounding and dunking

Corey
02-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Hawk, dont expect him to give a legitimate case other than youtube clips or something like that.

Rondo doesn't deserve it this year. Missed too many games.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 01:10 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showpost.php?p=17072853&postcount=311

you admitted yourself you're a hater, and Rondo is better than Igoudala at everything except rebounding and dunking

So even though I rationally evaluate the Celtics, I am a hater?

Show me why Rondo is better at anything outside passing. Iggy is a better scorer, rebounder, defender, and can play multiple positions.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 01:12 AM
rondo doesn't even try to score and still scores more efficiently than iggy and who cares if he can play multiple positions he's 6'6

Corey
02-10-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't think any Celtic deserves to get in. But I'd rather pick Rondo over Pierce. Rondo's been injured too much however. But I think Rondo was playing his best basketball this season.

Celtics were 0-3 without Pierce this year.

Celtics were 6-2 without Rondo this year (Including two dominating wins over Orlando).

Without Rondo, the Celtics are still a winning team. Without Pierce, they've got no go-to scorer and the team is a mess.

D1JM
02-10-2012, 01:15 AM
so deng doesnt deserve it even though the bulls have the #1 record in the east?

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 01:17 AM
rondo doesn't even try to score and still scores more efficiently than iggy and who cares if he can play multiple positions he's 6'6

Rondo as the term, "scores efficiently" don't go together man.

Corey
02-10-2012, 01:21 AM

Here's the funny thing..

Rondo takes most of his shots in the paint, and that's where he shoots the highest percentage out of anywhere on the floor. He shoots over 5 shots per game from the paint and hits 64% of them.

Pretty good, right?

Well guess what...Igoudala shoots 72% from shots he attempts in the same range. He also shoots 60% to Rondo's 40% from 10-15 feet. Iguodala also shoots a higher percentage from 16-23 feet as well as a higher 3pt percentage.

This is all while other teams actually GUARD him, unlike Rondo who never has a defender within 3 feet of him due to the fact that no one respects his inability to consistently convert jump shot attempts.

See: Kobe in tonights Laker game. Once the Celtics were put in a half court set, Rondo became completely ineffective. Kobe was playing free safety, five feet off of Rondo, and it worked great.

Raph12
02-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Rondo has been hurt, their record is weak and Iggy is a better player overall... Iggy is the best player on a Sixers team that has played very well this season.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Here's the funny thing..

Rondo takes most of his shots in the paint, and that's where he shoots the highest percentage out of anywhere on the floor. He shoots over 5 shots per game from the paint and hits 64% of them.

Pretty good, right?

Well guess what...Igoudala shoots 72% from shots he attempts in the same range. He also shoots 60% to Rondo's 40% from 10-15 feet. Iguodala also shoots a higher percentage from 16-23 feet as well as a higher 3pt percentage.

This is all while other teams actually GUARD him, unlike Rondo who never has a defender within 3 feet of him due to the fact that no one respects his inability to consistently convert jump shot attempts.

See: Kobe in tonights Laker game. Once the Celtics were put in a half court set, Rondo became completely ineffective. Kobe was playing free safety, five feet off of Rondo, and it worked great.

iggy is 6'6 and can dunk on people which is why he shoots 72% at the rim and rondo shoots better from 16-23 feet by 11% dont try to lie
And rondo has taken plenty of contested shots this year and rondo had 14 points and 7 assists with passes to assist also and 2 steals being ineffective today today

numba1CHANGsta
02-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Some of these reserves make no sense

First off I get why players like Iguodala and Hibbert got voted because their team's are doing good so far. But can someone explain to me why they would pick:

D-Will over Rondo???
Joe Johnson over Josh Smith???
Pierce over Granger???

Now for the West...

Dirk over Pau???
Nash over Ellis???

Come on the Warriors havent had an all-star for 14 years now, give someone some credit! AND Gasol has much better numbers than Dirk!

Sadds The Gr8
02-10-2012, 01:31 AM
76ers record is too good for them to not have at least 1 AS. Which is also why I think Lowry got robbed.

Tony Parker literally snatched that spot from him. He's played great lately while Lowry has stuggled

Sadds The Gr8
02-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Some of these reserves make no sense

First off I get why players like Iguodala and Hibbert got voted because their team's are doing good so far. But can someone explain to me why they would pick:

D-Will over Rondo???
Joe Johnson over Josh Smith???
Pierce over Granger???

Now for the West...

Dirk over Pau???
Nash over Ellis???

Come on the Warriors havent had an all-star for 14 years now, give someone some credit! AND Gasol has much better numbers than Dirk!

Pierce has easily outplayed Granger, and Nash has Easily Outplayed Ellis

Corey
02-10-2012, 01:38 AM
iggy is 6'6 and can dunk on people which is why he shoots 72% at the rim
Sig worthy

and rondo shoots better from 16-23 feet by 11% and shoots higher from the three dont try to lie
Uhm, no.

Rondo shoots 42% from 16-23 feet. Iguodala shoots 43.3% from 16-23 feet.

Rondo shoots 25% from 3pt range. Iguodala shoots 39% from 3pt range.

Word of advice: If you're going to call me a liar, you might want to double check your stats. Good effort.

And rondo has taken plenty of contested shots this year and rondo had 14 points and 7 assists with passes to assist also and 2 steals being ineffective today today
Great, and he's the 4th option on the Celtics. Iguodala is the first option on the 76ers, he scores more, more efficiently, and he's on a team with a better record.

You have nothing to argue. Feel free to keep trying.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Sig worthy

Uhm, no.

Rondo shoots 42% from 16-23 feet. Iguodala shoots 43.3% from 16-23 feet.

Rondo shoots 25% from 3pt range. Iguodala shoots 39% from 3pt range.

Word of advice: If you're going to call me a liar, you might want to double check your stats. Good effort.

Great, and he's the 4th option on the Celtics. Iguodala is the first option on the 76ers, he scores more, more efficiently, and he's on a team with a better record.

You have nothing to argue. Feel free to keep trying.
iguodala shooots 31% from 16-23 feet 31%
rondo averages more points and shoots at a higher percentage from the field...as the fourth option :rolleyes:

Corey
02-10-2012, 01:46 AM
rondo averages more points and shoots at a higher percentage from the field...as the fourth option :rolleyes:
See:

Here's the funny thing..

Pretty good, right?

Well guess what...Igoudala shoots 72% from shots he attempts in the same range.

Iguodala is even better than Rondo in Rondo's best shooting zone.

...And he's the #1 option on a better team.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 01:49 AM
6 inches taller i'd hope he has a higher percentage at the rim

Corey
02-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Okay, he's taller. He still shoots better at the rim, so your argument is pointless.

Anywho, Rondo missed too many games and Iguodala is a better player on a better team. Celtics played well with Rondo out of the lineup, including two dominant wins over Orlando.

Congrats to Iguodala. He deserves it.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 02:35 AM
and can't shoot a jumper at a higher percentage. We played well against bad teams except the Pacers (orlando only has Dwight) Great sample size

LA_Raiders
02-10-2012, 02:38 AM
He is playing better and his team is doing great too...

majestic
02-10-2012, 02:57 AM

luol deng = defense

rondo sucks. k bye

abe_froman
02-10-2012, 03:11 AM
he's the leader/face of the franchise thats the 3rd seed in the conference (and has been putting up all star quality numbers most of his career and got snubbed),rondo is on a team thats lower seeded ,missed a ton of games and already had an all star named.(2 all stars for a team with worse record? yeah not happening)

bringbackfredex
02-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Oh god, there are so many bad posts through 6 pages that I don't even know where to begin. As a matter of fact, I just won't even waste my time.

Get over it, Iggy wins, Rondo loses. /thread

basketfan4life
02-10-2012, 04:19 AM
you know nothing about basketball.
This became a cliche right here in psd...don't say anything wrong bad about somebodys favourite teams players' then you know nothing about bball.

sunsfan88
02-10-2012, 04:32 AM

If players dont get picked for their defense how did Luol Deng make it?
But I agree with you, IMO neither Deng or Igoudala should have made it. While their both great defenders, the all star game is all about offense and fans wanting to watch exciting offense.

I think Rondo and Irving/Monroe would have been better chances but thats just me.

jammastershake
02-10-2012, 04:33 AM
I'm not saying this because I dislike the Sixers, I don't really. I think they have a lot of pieces to trade for a true star, who they need to make big shots and lead them to a championship.

:facepalm:

spoken like a knicks fan.

Jay
02-10-2012, 04:35 AM
If you ever have to wonder why Iggy is underrated, check into this thread.

HouRealCoach
02-10-2012, 05:04 AM
C's didnt start rolling until Rondo was out...

2-ONE-5
02-10-2012, 08:05 AM
You can not give the Celtics 2 All Stars and the Sixers 0 when the Sixers are 18-8 and the Celtics are 14-11.

Whoever said Granger should of made it over Pierce is clueless

mynameismo
02-10-2012, 08:34 AM
It's actually more of a FINALLY they picked Iggy. He deserves to be an allstar for quite a while and got snubbed most of the time.

Rondo missed a lot of games + Philly is better than the C's as of right now.

If there was a queston, it should've been why JOE JOHNSON over JOSH SMITH?

willabeast77
02-10-2012, 09:08 AM
What happened to all he Rondo fans and media saying the Celtics is Rondo's team and the big 3 are washed up? Priceless.

jam
02-10-2012, 09:33 AM

Shane Battier should be an all star. Sarcasm.

pebloemer
02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I can't believe this is a thread.

First off, people have to stop ignoring games played. Rondo's played 17 games this season to Iggy's 26. That matters.

Secondly, Iggy is leading one the NBA's best teams up to this point. It isn't all about PPG. On top of scoring 13 ppg (on only 10.5 FGA), Iggy is doing everything else for his team. He facilitates on offense, guards the opponents best wing player (and does so exceptionally well), runs in transition, rebounds and more than anything, wins games. It's nice to finally see him get his due.

PhillyFaninLA
02-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I just read or skimmed all 7 pages and feel its worth pointing something out.

The topic was made by a Knicks fan, I've noticed 2 or 3 Knicks fans saying Iggy is not worthy and just about everyone else saying he is (at least in the posts that mention Iggy not talking about the posts that discuss Pierce or Deng).

Last thing I want to add at this point is the Knicks and Sixers are rivals and the sports cities (not the actual cities necessarily just the sports component) tend to be unrealistic with the other city and not give respect or credit is due and I notice New York fans very often (not all of them) tend to rev up the trash talk and hate whenever a Philadelphia team is better then they are.

My take this is bitter Knicks fans talking trash and nonsense because its easier then looking inward at there own team. I like what the Knick fan that started this topic is doing, because I am doing the same thing, focusing on the Sixers and there players and not the Knicks, the difference is I'm a Sixers fan and even when they where bad I still focused on my team over another.

JordansBulls
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM

Why should the Celtics have 2 allstars when they are in 7th in there conference and the Sixers 3rd?

mttwlsn16
02-10-2012, 10:22 AM
:facepalm: @ OP

warfelg
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Biggest problem with arguing Rondo over Iggy is your creating an imbalance on the roster. They play two completely different positions. If you want to argue Rondo being in then you should be arguing D-Will out since they, oh I dunno, PLAY THE SAME POSITION!!!!

Iggy has been deserving of it for a while now. He's been paying the price of being on a bad team. He's also one of the most well rounded players in the NBA. Not only does he play lock down D, but he scores, rebounds (if I remember correctly him and ET are near the tops in rebounding wing players), passes when he wants. He's the floor leader of the team, he settles things down, his defense creates our offense alot. Only someone with hater blinders would disagree.

Iggy may not be the sexiest of picks, but he deserves it more that anyone else that he 'snubed'

Edwin
02-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Iggy does deserve it, and look at how well his team is playing right now.

Honestly, I didn't think any Celtics player were going to make the the allstar game this year. With all the injuries and the slow start to begin the year I didn't think we had no one of value. The only guy I thought would have the allstar game for the celtic's was Rondo, but then he got injured and missed significant time also. Paul Pierce just started ballin and putting insane stats around the time when Rondo and Ray was out.

Chavacano
02-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Have you seen him play ON-BALL defense? :eyebrow:

Iggy deserves his bid. Not sure Joe Johnson deserves his though... Deron is borderline

I'm not sure about both of them. They're both inconsistent.

Dirk over Pau???

Both Dirk and Pau don't deserve being all-stars this year.

Corey
02-10-2012, 01:21 PM
and can't shoot a jumper at a higher percentage. We played well against bad teams except the Pacers (orlando only has Dwight) Great sample size
The guy trying to make a case for Rondo attempts to criticize another player for his jump shot percentages...oh Lord.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

warfelg
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
The guy trying to make a case for Rondo attempts to criticize another player for his jump shot percentages...oh Lord.

Ha! Celtic fan on Celtic fan crimes....I love it. Ok just kidding, it sucks to have infighting in a fanbase.

But the issue of arguing Iggy v. Rondo is they don't play the same spot or anything. Really this should be Rondo v. D-Will. And in that case yes Rondo should be in over D-Will. Easily.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 01:58 PM
If anyone doesn't belong in the all star game, its Deng. I am fine with the selection, but I find it crazy Iggy is the one being called out here, instead of Deng or even Deron.

Corey
02-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Not when he's missed a third of the season

HAWKS.NO27
02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Rondo has missed quite a few games which can't be ignored, i'm sorry! Rondo is undoubtedly one of the most overrated players in the NBA. They guy can't shoot a lick (decent % this yr, but overrall as a career, c'mon!) He doesn't play defense and tries to be aggressive which will allow he to jump a pass and get a few steals, but gets burned just as much. Not like it matters bc its a ASG anyway. The only thing he really does is pass. Certain Celtics meatball fans who turn this blind eye towards this will get a rude awakening once they start dismantling that team. See how good your boy is once 1 or 2 guys are gone. Yet another moron is Shaq last night saying Rondo is the best PG in the East! You serious ya big dummy!?!?! He's not even in the Top 3 in the NBA, let alone the East (No.1A- Rose No.1B- Paul No.3 -(No D.Williams.)
Congrats the 76'ers fans and Iggy! Top 3 in the East and could be a serious contender to go deep into the playoffs. They definitely have the right combination of players and scheme to do so. Iggy is having a nice all around and has had the past few yrs, but has got the short end of the stick when it came to the selection. Congrats to him and all his supporters! :D

HAWKS.NO27
02-10-2012, 02:14 PM
If anyone doesn't belong in the all star game, its Deng. I am fine with the selection, but I find it crazy Iggy is the one being called out here, instead of Deng or even Deron.

I'm sorry bra, I can't take you seriously on this comment...why is Deng a All-Star? I dunno cause he's the 2nd best player on the best team in the East. Top teams in the league deserve to have 1+ players in the ASG's. Look at the past with the Lakers & Celtics. Deng is one of the better defenders in the NBA, he's putting up solid numbers offensively. Plus the arguement of D-Will & Deng is mute bc they play 2 different positions!

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm sorry bra, I can't take you seriously on this comment...why is Deng a All-Star? I dunno cause he's the 2nd best player on the best team in the East. Top teams in the league deserve to have 1+ players in the ASG's. Look at the past with the Lakers & Celtics. Deng is one of the better defenders in the NBA, he's putting up solid numbers offensively. Plus the arguement of D-Will & Deng is mute bc they play 2 different positions!

Deng missed nearly 1/3 of the season as well. Teams don't "deserve" to have all stars, but its typical if that team is a top one. My point is, if someone is going to whine about Iggy making it, and player X not making it, Iggy is a weak target when they are clearly 2 inferior players to him that made the roster.

Vincent
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM

As a Bulls fan, I agree with this assessment.

For all the people here yelling about the missed games being a factor... Deng has missed the same amount of games...

Iggy is the veteran leader of the 76ers, so I get how he's in. Not really the first name that comes to my mind, but it seems like he's getting in for getting snubbed in other years.

Deng is the same way. Deng should've made it in 2007 and didn't even come close (I think Gordon had more votes).

Deng probably should've made it last year too, but once again. Didn't make it.

Funny how his in least deserving year, Deng gets in (not saying he doesn't deserve it, just saying he's having his worse year in a few years).

Deron got in purely because of name recognition and inflated stats. I don't think he deserves it, but he's probably still better than say, Brandon Jennings.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 02:57 PM
As a Bulls fan, I agree with this assessment.

For all the people here yelling about the missed games being a factor... Deng has missed the same amount of games...

Iggy is the veteran leader of the 76ers, so I get how he's in. Not really the first name that comes to my mind, but it seems like he's getting in for getting snubbed in other years.

Deng is the same way. Deng should've made it in 2007 and didn't even come close (I think Gordon had more votes).

Deng probably should've made it last year too, but once again. Didn't make it.

Funny how his in least deserving year, Deng gets in (not saying he doesn't deserve it, just saying he's having his worse year in a few years).

Deron got in purely because of name recognition and inflated stats. I don't think he deserves it, but he's probably still better than say, Brandon Jennings.

You hit on one of the reasons I don't care about all star teams in pro sports. Outside the elite, the NBA always picks a couple of guys that either should have been in it previously and they missed them and now they are not playing up to standard, or a player off an ELITE team because they just feel a team that good should have more than 1 player in the ASG. Wally for the Wolves a number of years back is an example from my favorite team. I think Deng fits it this year.

As for the elite guys having a down year, or aging, they never get that right. So annoying.

72 Wins
02-10-2012, 03:04 PM

I'm not even a Bulls fan, but agree 100% here.

BTW- It's MOOT, not MUTE. ;)

carruthers32
02-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Because he's the best player on a team leading there division.

Chronz
02-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I think you meant to put Dengs name on here

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I think you meant to put Dengs name on here

Deng, or Deron before Iggy. Not sure why Iggy was the designated guy to ***** about when there are 2 players clearly playing worse that made the team.

Hustlenomics
02-10-2012, 04:10 PM

and that's why its funny to me too iguodala has a worse jumpshot than Rondo

Fnom11
02-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Because the Celtics are bad and the 76ers are good. It's that simple.

JordansBulls
02-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Deng, or Deron before Iggy. Not sure why Iggy was the designated guy to ***** about when there are 2 players clearly playing worse that made the team.

You can't have 3 guys on the Heat in the game and Chicago only 1. Maybe Deng should not have been in it, I think Boozer probably made more sense. But if Boozer made it then people would be saying Josh Smith should had made it over him. I just don't believe a team like Boston or Atlanta should have 2 guys on the allstar team but Chicago only 1.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
You can't have 3 guys on the Heat in the game and Chicago only 1. Maybe Deng should not have been in it, I think Boozer probably made more sense. But if Boozer made it then people would be saying Josh Smith should had made it over him. I just don't believe a team like Boston or Atlanta should have 2 guys on the allstar team but Chicago only 1.

Why not? Who said there are rules? The Bulls have a much stronger roster players 1-10 versus Miami, which is better than any team 1-3, and very below average 4-10. The Bulls don't rely on pure star power, they rely on one star, 2 very good players/starters, and a bunch of really solid role players and defenders, as well as their elite defense.

And I am not saying Deng is an outrage, even if I don't think he is all star worthy. I am saying this thread is bogus, because the OP is asking how Rondo couldn't get in over Iggy, when there are 2 lesser players to point the finger at.

D-Will4Prez
02-10-2012, 08:44 PM
look at philly's record.
look at boston"s record.
look at rondo's missed games
This.

ManRam
02-10-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't know if position matters for reserves, but I'd assume that Iggy being a forward and Rondo being a guard means that Iggy didn't directly cost Rondo his spot.

Secondly, Iggy is having a significantly better season than Deng, so if you wanna pick a guy to be made at for Rondo not making it, pick Deng. He doesn't deserve it. Missed a lot of games, and is getting statistically waxed by Iggy across the board.

I prefer an AS game with Rondo in it than one without him in it. But Iggy deserves it, for sure. Question Deng or Hibbert...etc. Or, hey, Joe Johnson!

willabeast77
02-10-2012, 09:05 PM
If anyone was least deserving of a spot it's Joe Johnson. He should have been replaced by Josh Smith but that wouldnt happen since Johnson is a guard while Smith a forward. Joe Johnson has got to be one of the most overrated players in the league (for about the last 4 seasons). He's a decent scorer but he's too inconsistent and truthfully I think Josh Smith has been better than him for about 4 season's now (at least definitely the last 2 season's). He isn't even having that great of a season (18.6ppg, 4apg, 4rpg on 43%).

Chronz
02-10-2012, 09:09 PM
You agree with that thinking?

Its like what happened in LA to Pau. Hes a far superior player to his bro, yet he has to watch his bro play in the game because the fans voted for Bynum (the best choice).

Its BS, LAL should have 3 All-Stars but because people have this finicky/vague idea of how winning is accomplished he has to sit.

ManRam
02-10-2012, 09:15 PM

This is incredibly foolish logic. Team record should dictate number of all stars. That's silly. The best players should make it, period. Wade, Bosh and LeBron have all played well-enough this year to be starters. Rose is the only individual on the Bulls that has played well enough to make the team. Deng probably only made it because his team was good. If he wasn't on a winning team, he wouldn't be in it...and I think that's wrong.

Put the best players in...who cares about anything else. Deng isn't one of the 4-5 most deserving forwards in the East...and I couldn't possibly care less about any other "logic" suggesting he should be in, let alone logic suggesting that the Bulls should have even more players. Yikes.

The Bulls are a great TEAM...they are a sum of their collective parts. Put the best players in, worry about nothing else.

Chronz
02-10-2012, 09:59 PM
This is incredibly foolish logic. Team record should dictate number of all stars. That's silly. The best players should make it, period. Wade, Bosh and LeBron have all played well-enough this year to be starters. Rose is the only individual on the Bulls that has played well enough to make the team. Deng probably only made it because his team was good. If he wasn't on a winning team, he wouldn't be in it...and I think that's wrong.

Put the best players in...who cares about anything else. Deng isn't one of the 4-5 most deserving forwards in the East...and I couldn't possibly care less about any other "logic" suggesting he should be in, let alone logic suggesting that the Bulls should have even more players. Yikes.

The Bulls are a great TEAM...they are a sum of their collective parts. Put the best players in, worry about nothing else.
JB has too many debates invested into this way of thinking, like when he speaks of how Jordan won a title without a single All-Star on his team. This of course neglects the fact that Pippen was an All-Star the year prior and actually IMPROVED the following year.

By JB's logic its better to have the All-Star than the better player.

netsgiantsyanks
02-10-2012, 10:41 PM
yeah, because gm's can predict the future. you sound dumb anyway, iggy is a solid player who is a monster on defense.

Corey
02-11-2012, 12:37 AM
http://www.hoopdata.com/boxscore.aspx?id=320210028

Hustlenomics
02-11-2012, 12:55 AM
http://www.hoopdata.com/boxscore.aspx?id=311225018

Corey
02-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Nice, a box score from December.

That's awfully relevant.

Hustlenomics
02-11-2012, 01:49 AM
http://www.hoopdata.com/boxscore.aspx?id=320207002

LakersA's49ers
02-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Iguodala is playing better than anyone on the knicks. So this thread starter is quite strange. Besides Lincanity of course