PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heats road to a Championship

Slimsim
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
With teams Like Philly And Indiana Getting better Along with the bulls, Magic and Hawks All playing good basketball this year ? Will it be as easy as last year for the Heats or will some of these teams actually get to a game 6 against them ? Thoughts ?

latinofire21
02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
I think ever since they decided to collude to form a "super team" it made the rest of the league step their game up a notch. GMS went to work to create teams to be competitive against Miami. This year with the lockout and the condensed season teams will be relying on their depth as a way to go deep in the playoffs. Lots of teams are finding gems off their bench that have been giving them solid minutes while the Heat are pretty stagnant on their bench play.

I think with the amount of minutes Lebron, D. Wade, and Ru Paul have to play nightly that they wont be fresh come playoffs. If they get the misfortune of playing the sixers in the first round they are in some serious trouble. I also dont think they mesh as well as everyone assumes. Boshes numbers skyrocketed with no D Wade around. I made a thread a couple weeks ago showing how much better they played without D Wade then with D Wade. Bosh is a victim of the on ball dominance of Lebron and Wade when the three play together.

I just dont see their current recipe - Make the big 3 play practically the whole game every game, with there very weak bench making any serious runs this season against much deeper teams.

If I had to pick between the two most overhyped teams in the East to make the Eastern conference finals I would pick the Bulls over the Heat. Bulls are built for this type of season and Miami is not. Thats just my opinion.

llemon
02-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Time will tell

Cubs Win
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Some teams might make for some better games now. But in the East it still comes down to either the Bulls or the Heat. No other team has much of a shot at representing the Eastern Conference in the Finals.

Ray_R
02-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Some teams might make for some better games now. But in the East it still comes down to either the Bulls or the Heat. No other team has much of a shot at representing the Eastern Conference in the Finals.

This honestly but I honestly see the 2nd round going to be close games for both Pacers vs Bulls & 76ers vs Heat if standing stay the same.

Slug3
02-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Hawks/pacers/sixers/bulls and maybe even magic if they keep Howard will be a good test for them. Maybe even Knicks if they start clicking. But to get to the finals they only have to beat 3 of those teams.

beasted86
02-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Barring significant injury, it's the HEAT or Bulls coming out of the East.

I mean no disrespect to fans of other teams, but nobody else has a chance.

gotoHcarolina52
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
The road may or may not be a little tougher. It depends on the draw. Good three point shooting teams can give Miami trouble, but I fully expect the Bulls and the HEAT to meet in the ECF once again. The better question might be whether Chicago will be able to force a sixth game this time around.

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
The road may or may not be a little tougher. It depends on the draw. Good three point shooting teams can give Miami trouble, but I fully expect the Bulls and the HEAT to meet in the ECF once again. The better question might be whether Chicago will be able to force a sixth game this time around.

If they are 100% healthy, i think they might be able to

Lidz
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Too true. Which is why I hope we dodge teams that live and die by the three in the playoffs because it seems that when three point shooting teams are playing us, everything they shoot goes in.

latinofire21
02-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Dont really agree with any of what your saying but we will see come playoffs. I dont see this massive gap you all speak of when you talk about the Bulls and the Heat and the rest of the eastern conference. I just dont want to hear any excuses when it doesnt happen.

latinofire21
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
lol :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: to beasted comment lol

Cubs Win
02-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Dont really agree with any of what your saying but we will see come playoffs. I dont see this massive gap you all speak of when you talk about the Bulls and the Heat and the rest of the eastern conference. I just dont want to hear any excuses when it doesnt happen.

Back up your claim then. If Bulls and Heat fans are agreeing, then it has to be a somewhat straight forward concept. :laugh2:

DaBear
02-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Stop being ridiculous. The Bulls had game 5 in hand before they choked it away. And no, I'm not saying the Bulls would have came back to win the series (although it wouldn't be impossible). The Bulls were in every game with the Heat until late in the 4th QTR when the Bulls offense just didn't have enough. I think that'll be different this year, but we'll see.

jiggin
02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
isn't there a heat forum for this?

SportsAndrew25
02-09-2012, 10:50 PM
I think have a team that is good enough to beat any team in this league.

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 12:04 AM
isn't there a heat forum for this?

The NBA forum is the Heat forum.

LA_Raiders
02-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Bulls are a player from locking the finals.... They look good...

Raph12
02-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Well if it goes as is; they play Boston, then the Sixers and then the Bulls on their way to the Finals (same teams as last year)... Question is, did those teams that they beat last season get better?

Cubs Win
02-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Well if it goes as is; they play Boston, then the Sixers and then the Bulls on their way to the Finals (same teams as last year)... Question is, did those teams that they beat last season get better?

The Sixers and Bulls did (or at least seem to be when fully healthy in the Bulls' case), but I'm not too sure about the Celtics. I wouldn't say they improved.

Raph12
02-10-2012, 01:57 AM
The Sixers and Bulls did (or at least seem to be when fully healthy in the Bulls' case), but I'm not too sure about the Celtics. I wouldn't say they improved.

I agree both the Bulls and Sixers seem to be better when fully healthy, but the Bulls still don't have the definitive #2 and Rose isn't the playmaker who can get the most of guys like Boozer, so I can't see the Bulls beating them. The Sixers are a great defensive team, #1 in the league this season, but great defense won't beat a Heat team that attacks as much as they do... I really don't see anyone stopping Miami this year, if Lebron is Lebron in the Finals, Miami wins the race by walking towards the finish line IMO.

Ezio
02-10-2012, 02:07 AM
I agree both the Bulls and Sixers seem to be better when fully healthy, but the Bulls still don't have the definitive #2 and Rose isn't the playmaker who can get the most of guys like Boozer, so I can't see the Bulls beating them. The Sixers are a great defensive team, #1 in the league this season, but great defense won't beat a Heat team that attacks as much as they do... I really don't see anyone stopping Miami this year, if Lebron is Lebron in the Finals, Miami wins the race by walking towards the finish line IMO.

Don't need one when Rip or Deng or Boozer can drop 20 :shrug:

6th man KK has been on fire lately.

Knicks21
02-10-2012, 02:19 AM
The NBA forum is the Heat forum.

The NBA forum belongs to Jeremy Lin
All rights reserved

GriffinB
02-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi everyone!
Heat's matches and other NBA games you can download HERE (http://sport-files.ru/news/basketbolnye_matchi/1-0-4).
Good quality (HD / 720p) ;)

latinofire21
02-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Hey Cubs I dont have to back up my claim. You would have to back up yours. Like I said already when the playoffs come around and it doesnt happen, I dont want to hear any excuses.

Heat arent built for this type of season and the Bulls arent that much better then the rest of the East. The East have caught up this season so to just sit there and think its going to be a cake walk to the eastern conference finals is ludicrous.

Ovratd1up
02-10-2012, 02:37 AM
basketball analysis is great, but it's important to reiterate once in a while that in predicting, we really know nothing.

xxcubs22xx
02-10-2012, 02:38 AM
I guess nobody watches Bulls games except for Bulls fans, huh?

We have been scoring with relative ease this year; getting contributions from different guys on different nights. There's several reasons why we are the best team in the league right now. Our offense has been really efficient, consisting of great FG% and supreme ball movement.

Back to the Heat. Right now I'm not quite convinced that the Heat can get past Philly, OKC, SAS, Chicago, or Indiana on "their road to a championship". It's still early.

It doesn't take much investigating at all to realize that the Heat statistically aren't the strongest of teams, with Philly and Chicago ahead of them in several categories. Not to mention their inability to defend the three pointer, and annual musical chairs we call the Miami Heat bench.

Also, they're 0-2 against the Milwaukee Bucks this year. Not that it's all that significant, but at the same time, wtf? lol. They gotta make improvements. They're a very strong team, but they gotta get it done against all opponents.

I never said it's going to be a cake walk. For the record. But it's not a stretch to say the Bulls are the better equipped team for the long run. I do believe our bench is better than theirs and that's where it counts in this type of season.

Raph12
02-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Don't need one when Rip or Deng or Boozer can drop 20 :shrug:

6th man KK has been on fire lately.

You still need a definite #2, someone who can consistently put up 20+ppg... I just can't see any team beating the Heat in a 7-game series if they show up.

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 02:50 AM
The NBA forum belongs to Jeremy Lin
All rights reserved

You are correct. My apologies to Sensei Lin.

naps
02-10-2012, 03:12 AM
I think ever since they decided to collude to form a "super team" it made the rest of the league step their game up a notch. GMS went to work to create teams to be competitive against Miami. This year with the lockout and the condensed season teams will be relying on their depth as a way to go deep in the playoffs. Lots of teams are finding gems off their bench that have been giving them solid minutes while the Heat are pretty stagnant on their bench play.

I think with the amount of minutes Lebron, D. Wade, and Ru Paul have to play nightly that they wont be fresh come playoffs. If they get the misfortune of playing the sixers in the first round they are in some serious trouble. I also dont think they mesh as well as everyone assumes. Boshes numbers skyrocketed with no D Wade around. I made a thread a couple weeks ago showing how much better they played without D Wade then with D Wade. Bosh is a victim of the on ball dominance of Lebron and Wade when the three play together.

I just dont see their current recipe - Make the big 3 play practically the whole game every game, with there very weak bench making any serious runs this season against much deeper teams.

If I had to pick between the two most overhyped teams in the East to make the Eastern conference finals I would pick the Bulls over the Heat. Bulls are built for this type of season and Miami is not. Thats just my opinion.

If Miami Heat is not built for this type of express season then NO team is. Miami can lose one of it's superstars and still be a legit contender. What other team can you say that for? You are clearly baiting the Heat and Bulls fans here. You are calling Heat have a weak bench, they don't mesh well, Bulls are overhyped etc etc. Well, name few teams in the east that have better aspects. I bet you are mad because your Knicks might not even make the playoffs.

cbreezy34
02-10-2012, 03:58 AM
I really hope the Sixers get matched up with the Bulls at some point in the playoffs. The Sixers are a bad matchup for the Bulls and I would expect the Sixers to pull it off.

Birdmannn
02-10-2012, 04:39 AM
Bulls will be the only team able to take the Heat to six games

Bulldogs100
02-10-2012, 05:09 AM
You all are crazy to predicting this Bulls Heat nonsense already. In a shortened season it is going to who is deepest and healthiest at the time.

tcav701
02-10-2012, 07:41 AM
This compressed season makes it NFL like.

The healthiest and hottest team entering the playoffs will win.

But as far as the Heat go, the NEED to win this year AND next. I honestly think they will not be the best team 3 years from now.

jam
02-10-2012, 09:39 AM
LeBron and Wade are more likely than Rose to dominate postseason play. Miami should come out of the east.

I like OKC in the west, despite their being saddled with Scott Brooks as head coach.

Flip a coin between OKC and Miami. I'll pick Miami to win it all, but hoping they won't.

justinnum1
02-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Miami will run through anyone not named chicago, if you think otherwise, your fooling yourself. Bulls will give the heat a good run, but it will be like all the other games get close at teh end, lebron will shut down rose like he has consistently done and it will be up to another player on the bulls to make it happen.

basketfan4life
02-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Miami will run through anyone not named chicago, if you think otherwise, your fooling yourself. Bulls will give the heat a good run, but it will be like all the other games get close at the end, lebron will shut down rose like he has consistently done and it will be up to another player on the bulls to make it happen.

what's the point of playing all these games when there are people who can tell the future as clear as this... 2012 nba champs HEAT, game over people, get out of here.

ElChinoLatino
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
You still need a definite #2, someone who can consistently put up 20+ppg... I just can't see any team beating the Heat in a 7-game series if they show up.

The Mavs didn't have a #2 go to guy last year and look where they ended up.

effen5
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
You all are crazy to predicting this Bulls Heat nonsense already. In a shortened season it is going to who is deepest and healthiest at the time.

Bulls have the deepest team in the east.

Our bench players would be starters on 90 percent of the teams out there.

Watson
Brewer
Korver
Taj
Asik

Hell that team right there is better than a lot of the teams out there right now.

LGhost
02-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Don't know how it got in this thread

Sym_
02-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Die hard bulls fan but my gut tells me the heat take the bulls out in 6 games...and lol @ people thinking ANYONE else is making it to the eastern conference finals....just stop it.

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
as long as they don't have to play the Bucks! Go Deer!

mjm07
02-10-2012, 03:51 PM
as long as they don't have to play the Bucks! Go Deer!

THIS!

Somebody hug latinofire21. He too mad.

mttwlsn16
02-10-2012, 04:14 PM
might as well just let the west play out the playoffs, and just put heat vsbulls ECF and skip everyone else :facepalm:

CHANGO
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Hey Cubs I dont have to back up my claim. You would have to back up yours. Like I said already when the playoffs come around and it doesnt happen, I dont want to hear any excuses.

Heat arent built for this type of season and the Bulls arent that much better then the rest of the East. The East have caught up this season so to just sit there and think its going to be a cake walk to the eastern conference finals is ludicrous.

I agree with you I think the East is a close fight between Lin's Knicks and Irving's Cavs...

Odominator
02-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see the Pacers come out of the East...they have a complete squad, although young and inexperienced.

CHANGO
02-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I guess nobody watches Bulls games except for Bulls fans, huh?

We have been scoring with relative ease this year; getting contributions from different guys on different nights. There's several reasons why we are the best team in the league right now. Our offense has been really efficient, consisting of great FG% and supreme ball movement.

Back to the Heat. Right now I'm not quite convinced that the Heat can get past Philly, OKC, SAS, Chicago, or Indiana on "their road to a championship". It's still early.

It doesn't take much investigating at all to realize that the Heat statistically aren't the strongest of teams, with Philly and Chicago ahead of them in several categories. Not to mention their inability to defend the three pointer, and annual musical chairs we call the Miami Heat bench.

Also, they're 0-2 against the Milwaukee Bucks this year. Not that it's all that significant, but at the same time, wtf? lol. They gotta make improvements. They're a very strong team, but they gotta get it done against all opponents.

I never said it's going to be a cake walk. For the record. But it's not a stretch to say the Bulls are the better equipped team for the long run. I do believe our bench is better than theirs and that's where it counts in this type of season.

Using your logic... This season HEAT beat the Pacers by 35, Spurs by 22, Lakers by 11, Sixers 2 times by 21 and 20, and Bulls by 4. Regular Season doesn't matter.

Last season the HEAT were 0-3 vs Bulls and 1-3 vs Celtics. Playoffs? 4-1 and 4-1.

I agree with you in defending the three-pointers tho. But come playoff time, we will see a different team. We all know that the HEAT don't give everything against some teams. Something I don't like of course but it is what it is. :)

freedas
02-10-2012, 06:23 PM

x2 lol at ru paul. As you stated, with the lockout teams with deeper benches could gave them problems. Bulls for sure with the addition of hamilton if he stays healty will benefit the. AlsoI can see indiana gaving teams problems also. they are kind of dangerous with lots of depth

RCarlson85
02-10-2012, 06:25 PM

I stopped reading there because by then it was already clear you don't really know what you're talking about. Lebron plays the most minutes out of the big 3 and he's barely in the top 10 in the league at 37.6 min/game, while Bosh is at just over 36 and Wade is at 34. That's not that high and they have quite a few games that are out of hand which allows them to rest also.

You obviously don't really have any idea about their bench either. They have Haslem, Miller, Battier, and Cole who come off the bench every night and play good minutes. This bench is deeper/more talented than it was last year. So keep searching for reasons why the Heat won't make it back to the finals, because these two don't work.