PDA

View Full Version : The Bulls look good but....

Brony
02-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Can they beat the Heat. I don't think so. Rose needs more help. Maybe JR Smith could help. Hopefully for them somebody else can knock off the Heat.

NetsPaint
02-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Rip Hamilton definitely helps them, but it's still in question (although I need to have seen more Bulls games) if he takes the pressure off Rose enough. Hamilton can handle the ball unlike Korver, but can he handle the ball enough to take the pressure off Rose?

jp611
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
If the Bulls can't knock off the Heat, than nobody can... It's between the Heat and Bulls in the East, and the West will likely be all Thunder

king4day
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I think getting JR smith would put them over the top

jp611
02-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Rip Hamilton definitely helps them, but it's still in question (although I need to have seen more Bulls games) if he takes the pressure off Rose enough. Hamilton can handle the ball unlike Korver, but can he handle the ball enough to take the pressure off Rose?

In the 11 games that Rip has played for the Bulls he has really helped the offense... The offense looks much more fluid when he is in the game and his most important part of his game for us is his passing ability... He finds open teammates so well and his shot is also a help

sep11ie
02-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Great thread, very original. I don't think this has ever been discussed...

jp611
02-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I think getting JR smith would put them over the top

For him to rot on the bench? Thibs would not let him come right in and start let alone get minutes... He would have to earn his way into the rotation and it is highly unlikely he would earn it

Vincent
02-09-2012, 02:20 PM
JR Smith is a great 6th man.

But his success on the Bulls really depends on a wide range of issues.

1. Will he take less to sign with the Bulls?
2. Will he be ok with his role as a 6th man?
3. Will he respond well to the "tough" coaching of Tom Thibodeau?
4. Will he play defense enough for Thibs to keep him on the court?

So far the signs point no, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Bulls can play with the Heat. But, if they knock off the Heat, I would be surprised. The key really begins and starts with Rose. If he is what we all hope he is, he'll be able to play to his ability and knock out the Heat.

GottaLoveCubs
02-09-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm confident that the bulls can beat them. We've only played them once this year and we barely lost. And this was w/o Deng and Watson and Rip who wasn't 100%. With When they are 100%, I like the Bulls chances.
They had a SG guarding James all night and still almost won.

Federal Reserve
02-09-2012, 02:25 PM
The Bulls are not a good playoff team. They dominate in the regular season against teams that are smart enough to save their fuel for the postseason. But come playoffs time, the Bulls won't be a top three team in the East, even if their record suggests so. The Heat, 76ers, Pacers and Knicks will all be better than them in the playoffs.

effen5
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
The Bulls are not a good playoff team. They dominate in the regular season against teams that are smart enough to save their fuel for the postseason. But come playoffs time, the Bulls won't be a top three team in the East, even if their record suggests so. The Heat, 76ers, Pacers and Knicks will all be better then them in the playoffs.

:facepalm:

The fact that you included the Knicks wow....

I'll be shocked if the Knicks make the playoffs.

northsider
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
The Bulls are not a good playoff team. They dominate in the regular season against teams that are smart enough to save their fuel for the postseason. But come playoffs time, the Bulls won't be a top three team in the East, even if their record suggests so. The Heat, 76ers, Pacers and Knicks will all be better then them in the playoffs.

Annnddd you came to this genius conclusion how exactly?

jp611
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM

:laugh2:

They havent banned you yet? Yeah the same Bulls team that went to the ECF in their first year together with Thibs isnt a good playoff team, get real, joker

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Its going to be a great series, hopefully everyone is 100% healthy

D1JM
02-09-2012, 02:32 PM

So the Knicks are saving their fuel? :laugh2: They should keep saving it. They might make the playoffs

northsider

Between his posting in the NFL forum and here this doesn't come as a shocker. He's another one of those posters who just randomly loves to say **** without caring to be right or wrong.

Vincent

lol, that's just dumb.

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 02:36 PM

jp611
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM

We agree on something :faint: :laugh2:

northsider
02-09-2012, 02:38 PM

By far your best facepalm.

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
FR is a joke., Look at his posts before the 3 game winning streak. He was ready to change teams like he did with football. Bulls are a good team But I agree I dont think anybody is stoping the heat in the east

kozelkid
02-09-2012, 02:46 PM

So true. :laugh2:

Something tells me the OP is a dupe.

DaBUU
02-09-2012, 02:47 PM

finally a mutual :facepalm: with justin

Gritz
02-09-2012, 03:18 PM
If they wanna win, put Gritz in

Raph12
02-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Short answer; no.

Corey
02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
The Bulls are not a good playoff team. They dominate in the regular season against teams that are smart enough to save their fuel for the postseason. But come playoffs time, the Bulls won't be a top three team in the East, even if their record suggests so. The Heat, 76ers, Pacers and Knicks will all be better than them in the playoffs.

Attempting to contain laughter.

bodupp311
02-09-2012, 04:14 PM
We agree on something :faint: :laugh2:

By far your best facepalm.

finally a mutual :facepalm: with justin

Fooled by justin... :facepalm:

He bolded only the Knicks. He's saying the Pacers, Sixers and the HEAT!!! will all be better in the playoffs.

Oh boy, if the Bulls do win the championship I will have a field day...

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Fooled by justin... :facepalm:

He bolded only the Knicks. He's saying the Pacers, Sixers and the HEAT!!! will all be better in the playoffs.

Oh boy, if the Bulls do win the championship I will have a field day...

:facepalm: your reading to much into it lol

bodupp311
02-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I guess I am... or am I??????

Sorry best fran, you still love me right?

Muttman73
02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
They need some help

pacofunk64
02-09-2012, 04:48 PM
The real question is can the Bulls beat the Pacers. A few teams they dont match up well and the Pacers are a thorn. Some good teams in the East this year for sure.

72 Wins
02-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Did he really say the Knicks? I literally spit out my drink laughing.

Shmontaine
02-09-2012, 04:59 PM
bulls won't even make the playoffs... you guys are all confused...

beardown4243
02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
The real question is can the Bulls beat the Pacers. A few teams they dont match up well and the Pacers are a thorn. Some good teams in the East this year for sure.

How is that the "real question". If the Bulls are healthy come playoff time, they will be clear favorites to beat the Pacers in a 7 game series. If the Pacers did win the series it would be a huge upset.

Sir Buckets
02-09-2012, 05:12 PM
How is that the "real question". If the Bulls are healthy come playoff time, they will be clear favorites to beat the Pacers in a 7 game series. If the Pacers did win the series it would be a huge upset.
Woosh.

Ray
02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Bulls lost to the Heat by 4 this year without Deng in Miami... you alll need to chilllllll. No one truly knows the answer until the ECF this year and hopefully everyone will be healthy on both teams

Sox72
02-09-2012, 05:19 PM

I'm surprised. I'm used to this being a sub-topic in EVERY other NBA thread. Maybe by having its own thread, we can contain the argument in one place.

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 05:28 PM

Bulls won't play them until the second round anyways. Pacers aren't dropping to 7 or 8 seed and Bulls aren't dropping to 3 or 4. Pacers will have to play Hawks, Magic, Celtics, 76ers and win a series and that's no guarantee. Even if they do meet in second round, I agree they're a tough team for the Bulls but still not ready to run with the Bulls in a 7 game series.

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 05:30 PM
The Bulls look good but....are still playing in the regular season.

The Bulls look good but....will look better if everyone is healthy come playoff time.

The Bulls look good but....they smell even better.

Smell the Rose(s)...the Bulls are championship contenders.

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 05:31 PM
was that supposed to be funny?^

Lakeshow24KB
02-09-2012, 05:31 PM

Yeah the wizards are saving their fuel for the playoffs

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
this has been discussed before but I dont think we kept it in one thread, Not a bad idea to keep it here.

Shmontaine
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=8159

this article was about the heat last year... correlates to the bulls this year...

In the NBA, dominating good teams is clearly the best indicator of postseason success. Teams that had more regular-season dominations (big wins over good teams) won 64.8% of their "final four" series, including 73.3% of their Finals matchups. But the second-most predictive attribute of "final four" success was having more stomps -- that is, destroying the league's weaker teams. And having more stomps was actually a better indicator of success than having more guts (close wins against good teams), just like Schatz found in football.

In other words, it looks like this criticism of Miami has no basis in reality. And in fact, their inability to close the deal against good opponents actually appears to say less about their chances of a deep playoff run than their ability to manhandle poor teams. As Schatz writes in the intro of every Football Outsiders Almanac: "Championship teams are generally defined by their ability to dominate inferior opponents, not their ability to win close games."

Chicagofaithful
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM

LMAO :facepalm: no words...

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 05:42 PM
was that supposed to be funny?^

Not an attempt at humor but a play on words. Take it or leave it. The message is this...I was trying to complete the original sentence this thread is based on. "Wake up and smell the roses"? Never heard of this phrase? Meaning some folks need to wake up to the fact that Derrick Rose is not just a great player but becoming a great leader and as long as he and his team stays healthy there is no "but".

LongIslandIcedZ
02-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm hoping with the way both teams are playing, the Knicks meet the Bulls in the first round. I think that would be huge for basketball, and if the Knicks could compete, than the city would be bumping for those games.

AddiX
02-09-2012, 05:58 PM
I love the way the bulls play and are built, I just don't see what gets them past the heat in the playoffs. Heat already showed they can lock down rose and what happens when he cant score.

I don't see anything changing there.

ChicagoJ
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM
I feel the same way so far this year that I did after the playoffs last year. Both teams are very closely matched and all games will be close for most of the game. But, the heat have 3 great offensive players that can generate points late in games even playing against a great defense. They will find ways to get points.

The Bulls lack that because it's D rose trying to do it all offensively when the game is on the line and it may not be enough to beat a very good defense. That's how the heat won pretty much every game last year. The games were close until the final minites where the heat pulled away.

I think in order for the bulls to beat the heat (assuming they will face each other in the playoffs) their depth will have to show up and guys will have to step up offensively to close out games. It can't just be D rose. If they can do that, then yea they can beat the heat. If not, then probably won't beat them.

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
I love the way the bulls play and are built, I just don't see what gets them past the heat in the playoffs. Heat already showed they can lock down rose and what happens when he cant score.

I don't see anything changing there.

You underestimate what Rose learned from that experience and how hard he took that series last year. He put the entire thing on him and everything his coach, teammates and anyone around him says seems to suggest he's well on his way to figuring out how to get past them this year. This is exactly why you don't see the same Rose this year. Instilling confidence in his team, facilitating the offense, getting other guys involved more, allowing guys like Brewer to develop more. Staying healthy is the big key but even then as long as Rose is healthy enough to play he's doing the right things to ensure his team will be ready to win even if he's not 100%. Still so much Rose is improving on and this team is improving on and plenty of time to do it here in 2012.

NYKnicks4511
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM

We're not THAT bad...

Ty Fast
02-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Its going to be a great series, hopefully everyone is 100% healthy

exept d rose, boozer and noah

latinofire21
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
You Bulls and Heat fans are comical.

First to the Bulls - Laughing at the notion that the Knicks cant beat you is a joke. Our lone meeting you won by 3 and we scored 102 points on you guys shooting 48 percent from the field. You got twice the amount of foul shots and that proved to be the decisive factor that put you guys over the top in that game. This was a Knicks team that had no point guard to help the struggling offense and to set people up. With the addition of Lin and the fact that Baron can take more time to get ready for the season all of you scoffing at the idea is simply ridiculous. I am not saying its a shoe in that we will win the series but you guys act like they dont even belong in the playoffs. You need to turn down you Knick Haterade guys.

To the Heat - You all need to stop chirping and criticizing every other teams fan base. If I remember correctly the last time you guys did something relevant was when Shaq and Wade won you a championship. Your big 3 have proven nothing other then they are perfect at crumbling when everything matters most. You still havent solved your depth issues. You still havent figured out a way to win a game without running your team into the ground. Wade still is nuetering Bosh everytime they play together. What happened to the Bosh that was killing everyone while Wade was out? You lost to a disfunctional Magic team thats been reeling for the past 10 games by 13 while your big 3 logged 38 minutes. Magic being 5 - 5 with some really ugly losses in that stretch. You guys havent learned a bit since the finals last year. Already crowning yourselves as the top of the east with only the Bulls as a legitimate challenge. LOL get through the season healthy first with Spo running you into the ground.

How about both fan bases take a step back and stop ripping on other teams playoff chances. The Sixers, The Pacers, and The Knicks will all be a tough matchup come playoff time.

It wont be a shocker to see the Bulls or the Heat fall before the eastern conference finals.

Cubby
02-09-2012, 07:40 PM

First to the Bulls - Laughing at the notion that the Knicks cant beat you is a joke. Our lone meeting you won by 3 and we scored 102 points on you guys shooting 48 percent from the field. You got twice the amount of foul shots and that proved to be the decisive factor that put you guys over the top in that game. This was a Knicks team that had no point guard to help the struggling offense and to set people up. With the addition of Lin and the fact that Baron can take more time to get ready for the season all of you scoffing at the idea is simply ridiculous. I am not saying its a shoe in that we will win the series but you guys act like they dont even belong in the playoffs. You need to turn down you Knick Haterade guys.

To the Heat - You all need to stop chirping and criticizing every other teams fan base. If I remember correctly the last time you guys did something relevant was when Shaq and Wade won you a championship. Your big 3 have proven nothing other then they are perfect at crumbling when everything matters most. You still havent solved your depth issues. You still havent figured out a way to win a game without running your team into the ground. Wade still is nuetering Bosh everytime they play together. What happened to the Bosh that was killing everyone while Wade was out? You lost to a disfunctional Magic team thats been reeling for the past 10 games by 13 while your big 3 logged 38 minutes. Magic being 5 - 5 with some really ugly losses in that stretch. You guys havent learned a bit since the finals last year. Already crowning yourselves as the top of the east with only the Bulls as a legitimate challenge. LOL get through the season healthy first with Spo running you into the ground.

How about both fan bases take a step back and stop ripping on other teams playoff chances. The Sixers, The Pacers, and The Knicks will all be a tough matchup come playoff time.

It wont be a shocker to see the Bulls or the Heat fall before the eastern conference finals.

Pretty sure the Bulls were missing two starters that game, both of which give them a much better offensive flow and efficiency. So yeah, the Knicks aren't elite by any means. Some of us disagreed with NYK ending up with a 3 seed and were ridiculed. Well look at the standings.

D1JM
02-09-2012, 08:02 PM

Ridiculous is the fact that you don't mention the bulls didn't have two starters playing that game and that shumpert or whatever his name is couldn't even stop an injured rose

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 08:02 PM

If the knicks get the 7th or 8th seed, i doubt they win more than 1 game in the playoffs. They need to start winning games, and as soon as melo returns, i have a feeling the knicks offensive problems will return

gotoHcarolina52
02-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Wake me up when Thibodeau's Bulls win a meaningful playoff series

Cal827
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Troll Thread FTW!

:dance:

Sox72
02-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Dear lord, I wish you had been sleeping this whole time.

Sox72
02-09-2012, 08:25 PM

Also, wake me up when the Heat win a meaningful playoff series???? :shrug:

DaBear
Yes. The Bulls got the shooter they needed in Rap Hamilton. The only thing holding them back is health.

Kyben36
Bulls Have enough to beat them, but we will have to see what happends. if the heat come to play and the bulls dont, we will loose, if its the other way around, we may win.

GottaLoveCubs
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Wake me up when Lebron wins a ring!

Cal827
02-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Wake me up when Lebron wins a ring!

Wake Me Up When September Ends.... cause then we all have to prepare for the apocalypse as Paul George's height will cause a tear in the time cortex.

gotoHcarolina52
02-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Also, wake me up when the Heat win a meaningful playoff series???? :shrug:

I'm glad you've come to realize that beating the Chicago Bulls in five games is not a meaningful accomplishment. :cheers:

DaBear
02-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm glad you've come to realize that beating the Chicago Bulls in five games is not a meaningful accomplishment. :cheers:

But losing to Dallas in 6 is? :facepalm:

Cal827
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Come on guys, we can talk about how losing is an accomplishment later. But if said, the Raptors lose better than nobody... they freaking lost to the Wyzzeerds this year.... twice... but for the time being:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liq_wYFkMoU&feature=related

Sox72
02-09-2012, 09:03 PM

Nope, not the case. There was an implied message in my post questioning what you considered a meaningful playoff series. It seems that the line you draw as the cutoff for a meaningful playoff series is whatever series the Heat won last. I tend to learn towards them all being meaningful.

And if you don't think beating the Bulls is meaningful, then are you saying that you agree that the Heat haven't won a meaningful playoff series? If that's the case, then I'm wondering why you needed to be "woken up" when the Bulls won one.

kingbrentg
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Nope, not the case. There was an implied message in my post questioning what you considered a meaningful playoff series. It seems that the line you draw is whatever series the Heat won last is the cutoff for a meaningful playoff series. I tend to learn towards them all being meaningful.

And if you don't think beating the Bulls is meaningful, then are you saying that you agree that the Heat haven't won a meaningful playoff series? If that's the case, then I'm wondering why you needed to be "woken up" when the Bulls won one.

Don't even waste your time with him, honestly.

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 09:06 PM
But losing to Dallas in 6 is? :facepalm:

No one ever siad it was, but beating chicago in 5 was impressive. If for nothing else, bulls didnt lose more than 2 games in a row all season last year. This year it should be interesting

xxcubs22xx
02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
The Bulls are the best team in the EC. For now, they should be favorites to win the ECF.

Especially considering the Heat are below average on help defense (evidenced by being one of the worst teams defending the 3 point shot). The Bulls are +2.5 in point differential this year compared to the Heat. Miami is also 15th in the league in Assists Per Game differential while the Bulls are 3rd in the league.

Sox72
02-09-2012, 09:10 PM
No one ever siad it was, but beating chicago in 5 was impressive. If for nothing else, bulls didnt lose more than 2 games in a row all season last year. This year it should be interesting

I agree with this.

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 09:19 PM
The Bulls are the best team in the EC. For now, they should be favorites to win the ECF.

Especially considering the Heat are below average on help defense (evidenced by being one of the worst teams defending the 3 point shot). The Bulls are +2.5 in point differential this year compared to the Heat. Miami is also 15th in the league in Assists Per Game differential while the Bulls are 3rd in the league.

Reaching here...heat will finish the season top 5 in both offense and defense just like last season. And no, the bulls wont be favorite over the heat, and they shouldn't be.

ANd the flip side to the help D, is the heat are one of the best at defending the paint. (teams that are really good from 3, im not even worried about chicago from 3) can give miami more fits then need be.

gotoHcarolina52
02-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Nope, not the case. There was an implied message in my post questioning what you considered a meaningful playoff series. It seems that the line you draw as the cutoff for a meaningful playoff series is whatever series the Heat won last. I tend to learn towards them all being meaningful.

I'm afraid my use of sarcasm has eluded you. Yes, I believe that beating the Chicago Bulls is meaningful, as is beating the Boston Celtics. Both of those teams laid claim to two of the best records (and defenses) in the league last season and were considered by many to be championship contenders. Beating last season's Indiana Pacers and Atlanta Hawks is a totally different matter.

So please do wake me when Thibodeau's Bulls win anything of consequence in the playoffs.

Sox72
02-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm afraid my use of sarcasm has eluded you. Yes, I believe that beating the Chicago Bulls is meaningful, as is beating the Boston Celtics. Both of those teams laid claim to two of the best records (and defenses) in the league last season and were considered by many to be championship contenders. Beating last season's Indiana Pacers and Atlanta Hawks is a totally different matter.

So please do wake me when Thibodeau's Bulls win anything of consequence in the playoffs.

Ahhhh, okay. Got it. The series that the Heat won were the only ones that were meaningful. Though, I would be more concerned about the fact that they lost the most meaningful one of all.

Shmontaine
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM

LOL wut?? are you new to this whole nba postseason?? the bulls had the number 1 seed, they don't choose their opponents... if you don't have the number 1 seed, your path is supposed to be tougher and therefore, as you so cleverly deduced, your opponents are supposed to be tougher... great job...

and IMO there's only one truly meaningful series, and that's the finals... so if you think winning the second and third round of the postseason matters in the grand scheme of things, good for you... the bulls and heat won the same thing last year... nothing...

DaBear
02-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Ahhhh, okay. Got it. The series that the Heat won were the only ones that were meaningful. Though, I would be more concerned about the fact that they lost the most meaningful one of all.

this.

gotoHcarolina52
02-09-2012, 10:40 PM
I am very concerned.

jp611
02-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Hcarolina is still trolling around these parts

Endure jpro, endure... Operation Endure Moron... Successful!

SportsAndrew25
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
The Bulls totally have the talent and depth to beat that team. Both teams have a good chance of beating the other.

Ezio
02-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Hcarolina is still trolling around these parts

Endure jpro, endure... Operation Endure Moron... Successful!

It'll never work with these threads popping up.

Marlin234
02-09-2012, 11:27 PM
I love all these cocky bulls fans.

DaBear
02-09-2012, 11:41 PM

Speaking of cocky..

Nick O
02-09-2012, 11:45 PM
itll be tough but in a 7 game series i dont see anyone beating the heat this year.. but the bulls have the best chance of anyone.. by the way why is this federal reserve guy so dumb?

Ezio
02-09-2012, 11:47 PM

I've seen better baiting around my local HS.

jp611
02-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Bulls are a regular season team guys... No way will it work in the postseason, crown the heat, we all saw how that worked for them last season :rolleyes:

flclfanman
02-09-2012, 11:58 PM
If these Bulls are healthy come playoff time, then yes; I believe they can beat anyone in a 7 game series.

Like Jpro said, the games Rip has played in he's been very helpful (he's already doubling Bogan's production has more size and ability to stretch the floor.)

It comes down to injuries. I'd personally sit Rose unless we're playing +.500 teams. The Bench mob can handle the scrubs.

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Bulls are a regular season team guys... No way will it work in the postseason, crown the heat, we all saw how that worked for them last season :rolleyes:

I disagree. Yes, the Bulls are a regular season team, but they're also a pretty good first and second round playoff team.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I disagree. Yes, the Bulls are a regular season team, but they're also a pretty good first and second round playoff team.

Seriously. I don't get why these people think that a team lead by the youngest MVP in history and a guy only in his 1st season of coaching can improve and ever get past the conference finals. Last year was triple the sample size we need to come to this conclusion. What are they thinking?

Marlin234
02-10-2012, 12:12 AM
I've seen better baiting around my local HS.

Good so you'll know I wasn't trying ;) .. Anyways everything bulls fans are saying here we heard it last season. Playoffs can't come soon enough.

chitown85
02-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Good so you'll know I wasn't trying ;) .. Anyways everything bulls fans are saying here we heard it last season. Playoffs can't come soon enough.

True Enough. I can't wait either. Either way it will be a better series than it was last year. D Rose is only getting better, of course the hater in you would never admit that. But, I followed his career since Memphis, his confidence, competitive attitude, and leadership are all improving exponentially. Talent wise I respect the heat tremendously. I have no f'ing clue who is going to win the Eastern Conference Finals, but don't diss Bulls fans that are as confident in our team as you seem to be in yours. Regardless of what happened in our series last year, the Heat choked and swallowed in the Finals. No way in Hell Mavs would have beat the Bulls in 7, they couldn't match up with us last year, we wiped the floor with them in the regular season, too old to slow, (My opinion obviously). A sobering thing both Heat fans and us Bulls fans need to be aware of is that the road to the Finals will most likely be easier for the Thunder. And the Kevin Durant show will face whatever team makes it through the war. I have no idea who will win the series us or the Heat, but make no mistake brother, its going to be a dog fight.

chitown85
02-10-2012, 12:43 AM
@Marlin234.Unfortunately we both have to wait for the playoffs. But, interested in making a sig bet for our next matchup in the regular season? Let me know.

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 12:44 AM
As a Heat fan, I'm more worried about Orlando than I am about Chicago.

bodupp311
02-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Then why are you here?

bulldog312
02-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Why can't people just accept that both teams are extremely talented and it should be a great series, and just leave it at that? The Heat won in 5 games last time because Rose sucked. And Miami's defense was good, but a lot of it was on Rose (it wasn't even just the Heat series, he wasn't good most of the playoffs). Are people really confident that it's going to happen again?

Cubby
02-10-2012, 01:02 AM

We earned the right to play worse teams because of our play in the regular season. Sorry we got assigned the teams we did. I guess next time we should try to be a lower seed and play better teams just to please a troll such as yourself?

Cubby
02-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Last year we didn't have a SG that was a threat that required attention at all time. Now we do. We're a much better team when Deng plays also since he's been playing out of this world defensively so far and has still been good offensively.

northsider
02-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Then why are you here?

What's funny is that is so easy to see through his BS. People who constantly try to reassure themselves of something lack confidence in the issue at hand. When I truly don't care or worry about something that means I waste 0 brain cells discussing or thinking about it.

Shmontaine
02-10-2012, 01:32 AM

LOL... no contender is worried about orlando... i guess this just shows your intelligence, or lack of...

Shmontaine
02-10-2012, 01:34 AM
We earned the right to play worse teams because of our play in the regular season. Sorry we got assigned the teams we did. I guess next time we should try to be a lower seed and play better teams just to please a troll such as yourself?

i already explained this, and he predictably ignored it... TROLL...

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Orlando can shoot the ball. Meanwhile, outside of Rose (who LeBron practically has on a leash), Chicago's offense revolves around busted wrist Luol Deng and a geriatric Rip Hamilton. This is the offense that's going to get you to a sixth game against Miami? Good luck with that.

D1JM
02-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Orlando can shoot the ball. Meanwhile, outside of Rose (who LeBron practically has on a leash), Chicago's offense revolves around busted wrist Luol Deng and a geriatric Rip Hamilton. This is the offense that's going to get you to a sixth game against Miami? Good luck with that.

You guys have a leash on us, we have no shooters and the game came down to the last minute?

northsider
02-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Blah blah blah blah yada yada yada. Keep making yourself feel better. I keep forgetting that you guys really took it to us in the playoffs last year as if those games weren't close or anything you know...........

The Magic CAN shoot sure but, if you expect that team to light up the boards from the permitter in a 7 game series and keeping tempo then you clearly you are losing sight cause you lost one game. The Magic have the ability to light any team up but, that means ALLOT of things are going their way or happening.

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 01:51 AM
You guys have a leash on us, we have no shooters and the game came down to the last minute?

Did I say Miami was going to blow Chicago out of the water? No. But I do think Miami ended up winning that game, not that a regular season game matters. And if I recall correctly, Miami has won their last 4 playoff games against Chicago (by an average margin of 8 points per game, no less).

Can Chicago give the HEAT a run for their money? Absolutely. Can Chicago beat Miami 4 times in a 7 game series? I very much doubt it.

Shmontaine
02-10-2012, 01:54 AM

LOL... thanks man.. chi only ranks #2 if offensive efficiency and #3 in defensive efficiency...

insecure??

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 01:58 AM
LOL... thanks man.. chi only ranks #2 if offensive efficiency and #3 in defensive efficiency...

insecure??

That's quite an achievement, especially given Chicago's .468 strength of schedule (second easiest schedule in the entire NBA so far).

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Ezio
02-10-2012, 02:03 AM
So since Orlando has outside shooters shouldn't you be terrified of the Knicks then?

RaiderLakersA's
02-10-2012, 02:07 AM
Can they beat the Heat. I don't think so. Rose needs more help. Maybe JR Smith could help. Hopefully for them somebody else can knock off the Heat.

I'm pretty sure the Bulls -- or any team with any heart at all -- wouldn't care for your point. If they have to go through the Heat, the Sixers, the Celtics or whomever to get a ring, then they'll gladly take that challenge, I'm sure. They don't strike me as a chicken**** team; probably best not to paint their ceiling with chicken**** speculation.

Cubby
02-10-2012, 02:08 AM
You keep bringing up the straight of schedule and all it shows me is that we've beaten the team we are supposed to beat. Again, we don't choose the Bulls' schedule, so you beat the teams you're supposed to beat.

BcEuAbRsS
02-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Yea... that .497 is oh so impressive...

You act as if the Heat can't lose a series while being the better team... they kinda did that during the Finals...

Annoying *** Heat fans like you need to stop acting like the Bulls are trash... you seem extremely insecure...

Cubby
02-10-2012, 02:10 AM
If he wasn't insecure he wouldn't be in here trying to plead his case...

Shmontaine
02-10-2012, 02:17 AM
posted this already.. but it just holds more water with his most recent post...

In the NBA, dominating good teams is clearly the best indicator of postseason success. Teams that had more regular-season dominations (big wins over good teams) won 64.8% of their "final four" series, including 73.3% of their Finals matchups. But the second-most predictive attribute of "final four" success was having more stomps -- that is, destroying the league's weaker teams. And having more stomps was actually a better indicator of success than having more guts (close wins against good teams), just like Schatz found in football.

In other words, it looks like this criticism of Miami has no basis in reality. And in fact, their inability to close the deal against good opponents actually appears to say less about their chances of a deep playoff run than their ability to manhandle poor teams. As Schatz writes in the intro of every Football Outsiders Almanac: "Championship teams are generally defined by their ability to dominate inferior opponents, not their ability to win close games."

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 02:21 AM
posted this already.. but it just holds more water with his most recent post...

In the NBA, dominating good teams is clearly the best indicator of postseason success. Teams that had more regular-season dominations (big wins over good teams) won 64.8% of their "final four" series, including 73.3% of their Finals matchups.

Chicago's three most recent losses came against 3 of the top 5 teams (record wise) in the NBA. Uh oh.

xxcubs22xx
02-10-2012, 02:23 AM

:laugh:

I really hope that was a joke.

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 02:25 AM
:laugh:

I really hope that was a joke.

Don't let your fellow Bulls fans in on our little secret. :cheers:

metsbulls1025
02-10-2012, 02:29 AM

Hasn't your boy been failing at life for about 9 years now?

Shmontaine
02-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Chicago's three most recent losses came against 3 of the top 5 teams (record wise) in the NBA. Uh oh.

reading isn't something you're very good at...

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 02:42 AM
reading isn't something you're very good at...

Shmontaine, I expect better from you. Wouldn't "the best indicator" be a more reliable metric than the "the second-most predictive attribute"?

Reading may not be something I'm "very good at," but it's becoming clearer and clearer that you're bordering on illiterate.

Shmontaine
02-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Shmontaine, I expect better from you. Wouldn't "the best indicator" be a more reliable metric than the "the second-most predictive attribute"?

Reading may not be something I'm "very good at," but it's becoming clearer and clearer that you're bordering on illiterate.

LOL.. YES!!!

lets read it again!!!

now let's break it down...

domination - big wins over good teams
stomps - big wins over bad teams
guts - close wins over good teams

obviously, big wins over good teams are the best indicator for postseason success... how many contenders have big wins over us?? hmm.. let's see, hawks and grizzlies (if you consider them contenders)... that's about it, and then you really have to look at how many dominations (big wins over good teams) the hawks and grizzlies have to determine if they have enough dominations to anticipate postseason success, and the result is... not many...

then, you get to stomps, which the bulls have been doing a high rate all season... most notably, the last 3 road games have been victories of 20+ points (nba record)... as you so astutely noted, the bulls SOS is relatively low at this point in the season, and the bulls are doing exactly what they should be doing to the bad teams in front of them, stomping... a great indicator of postseason success...

then you get to the last paragraph of the article (which was written about the heat last year, mind you... they were something like 1-12 against the top 5 teams last year) which states that being able to beat bad teams soundly has historically lead to more postseason success than winning close games against good teams... and, holding true to form, the heat had great postseason success, despite a losing record against the top 5 teams in the league last year...

going to bed now...

D1JM
02-10-2012, 03:16 AM

Didn't the heat struggle against to teams last season?

gotoHcarolina52
02-10-2012, 03:16 AM
LOL.. YES!!!

lets read it again!!!

obviously, big wins over good teams are the best indicator for postseason success... how many contenders have big wins over us?? hmm.. let's see, hawks and grizzlies (if you consider them contenders)... that's about it, and then you really have to look at how many dominations (big wins over good teams) the hawks and grizzlies have to determine if they have enough dominations to anticipate postseason success, and the result is... not many...

then, you get to stomps, which the bulls have been doing a high rate all season... most notably, the last 3 road games have been victories of 20+ points (nba record)... as you so astutely noted, the bulls SOS is relatively low at this point in the season, and the bulls are doing exactly what they should be doing to the bad teams in front of them, stomping... a great indicator of postseason success...

then you get to the last paragraph of the article (which was written about the heat last year, mind you... they were something like 1-12 against the top 5 teams last year) which states that being able to beat bad teams soundly has historically lead to more postseason success than winning close games against good teams... and, holding true to form, the heat had great postseason success, despite a losing record against the top 5 teams in the league last year...

going to bed now...

Ah, but you're glossing over one important fact: the Miami HEAT have not only "been winning close games against good teams," they've also been stomping some of the best teams in the league (again, record wise) this season. They have 5 victories--and zero defeats--against 4 of the top 6 teams in the NBA (they have yet to play OKC and, obviously, they can't play themselves). Their total point differential for those games? + 102 (or an average margin of victory of 20.4 points).

Assuming we trust the metrics you cited, this tells us that we can predict the HEAT will enjoy postseason success with the highest degree of certainty. And since Chicago has not stomped very many of the top teams in the league this season, their predicted postseason output would carry a lesser certainty (i.e., we would have to resort to the secondary "destroying the league's weaker teams" metric). This, of course, doesn't tell us much at all about how the two teams would match up against one another.

Will the Bulls enjoy postseason success? Very likely so, especially if they obtain the top seed in the East once again and are dealt inferior competition. But how they will fare against the elite teams in the NBA is an entirely different question, one which the metric you cited does little to answer.

That we can't (yet) tell how the Bulls would fare against the elite of the league is in part a product of their favorable schedule. It's a shame they haven't played very many elite teams so far.

AddiX
02-10-2012, 03:40 AM
You underestimate what Rose learned from that experience and how hard he took that series last year. He put the entire thing on him and everything his coach, teammates and anyone around him says seems to suggest he's well on his way to figuring out how to get past them this year. This is exactly why you don't see the same Rose this year. Instilling confidence in his team, facilitating the offense, getting other guys involved more, allowing guys like Brewer to develop more. Staying healthy is the big key but even then as long as Rose is healthy enough to play he's doing the right things to ensure his team will be ready to win even if he's not 100%. Still so much Rose is improving on and this team is improving on and plenty of time to do it here in 2012.

I'm not sleeping onnrose one bit or the bulls for that matter, fantastic team they have there in Chicago. But Mia is better than last year, and at the end of the day they don't have the talent to pick up the slack when rose can't do what he does.

chitown85
02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Ah, but you're glossing over one important fact: the Miami HEAT have not only "been winning close games against good teams," they've also been stomping some of the best teams in the league (again, record wise) this season. They have 5 victories--and zero defeats--against 4 of the top 6 teams in the NBA (they have yet to play OKC and, obviously, they can't play themselves). Their total point differential for those games? + 102 (or an average margin of victory of 20.4 points).

Assuming we trust the metrics you cited, this tells us that we can predict the HEAT will enjoy postseason success with the highest degree of certainty. And since Chicago has not stomped very many of the top teams in the league this season, their predicted postseason output would carry a lesser certainty (i.e., we would have to resort to the secondary "destroying the league's weaker teams" metric). This, of course, doesn't tell us much at all about how the two teams would match up against one another.

Will the Bulls enjoy postseason success? Very likely so, especially if they obtain the top seed in the East once again and are dealt inferior competition. But how they will fare against the elite teams in the NBA is an entirely different question, one which the metric you cited does little to answer.

That we can't (yet) tell how the Bulls would fare against the elite of the league is in part a product of their favorable schedule. It's a shame they haven't played very many elite teams so far.

SIG BET NEXT MATCHUP????? I want to redecorate your **** with some Chicago Bulls graphics.

justinnum1
02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Why can't people just accept that both teams are extremely talented and it should be a great series, and just leave it at that? The Heat won in 5 games last time because Rose sucked. And Miami's defense was good, but a lot of it was on Rose (it wasn't even just the Heat series, he wasn't good most of the playoffs). Are people really confident that it's going to happen again?

Absolutely, lebron has shown he can shut down rose when it counts. Its going to come down to what the role payers can do. Miami will not let rose beat them(or at least thats what the game plan would be)

The game will be close in the 4th, and from there its anyones guess. BUt i can guarantee you miami will put lebron on rose and double him with a big at the top of the key.

justinnum1
02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
So since Orlando has outside shooters shouldn't you be terrified of the Knicks then?

no, they have team killer melo:p

j/k buls or heat might face the knicks in round 1

Chi City23
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
You're probably right that the Heat will put Lebron on Rose during the games but I think Rose has learned from his mistakes and instead of forcing up difficult shots, he'll pass it around and find the open man. The difference between Rip (if he ever gets healthy) over Blowgans is huge. Rip opens up the offense a lot more, not just because of his running around and shooting ability, but he's an been an underrated passer this year.

todu82
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I like the Bulls and think they could put up a good fight against Miami in the playoffs, that would be a good series.

justinnum1
02-10-2012, 10:26 AM
You're probably right that the Heat will put Lebron on Rose during the games but I think Rose has learned from his mistakes and instead of forcing up difficult shots, he'll pass it around and find the open man. The difference between Rip (if he ever gets healthy) over Blowgans is huge. Rip opens up the offense a lot more, not just because of his running around and shooting ability, but he's an been an underrated passer this year.

All that means nothing to me. Can someone not named rose make a big shot in the clutch? thats all that matters and we will have to wait and see.

Not to mention i think rip has missed more games then he has played. And boozer is totally ineffective going up agasint bosh. It might come down to what deng can do and he wont be 100%. It should be a good series.

Marlin234
02-10-2012, 10:32 AM
LOL.. YES!!!

lets read it again!!!

going to bed now...

If I'm not mistaken you forgot to add a new and improved Philly team to that list
On a side note I expect a great series between Heat and Bulls and if we do lose I'll see it as a huge failure. But what does worry me is the west coast teams. Like thunder and Denver. These 2 teams are playing fuking awesome basketball and wouldn't be surprised if they beat who ever comes outside the east. They have the heats biggest weakness and it's that 3 pt shooting.

CubZwin38
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
All that means nothing to me. Can someone not named rose make a big shot in the clutch? thats all that matters and we will have to wait and see.

Not to mention i think rip has missed more games then he has played. And boozer is totally ineffective going up agasint bosh. It might come down to what deng can do and he wont be 100%. It should be a good series.

Absolutely. Who can forget this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h60uviwKC0

Deng won't be 100% but he doesn't need to be to be effective. Wade will never be 100% again.

Chi City23
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM

You're absolutely right, it should be a good series. With the exception of one game I think, every game they've played against each other, since the Big 3 came together, has come down to the last 2 minutes of the game and whoever executes better wins.

It's awesome basketball!

Marlin234
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM
You're absolutely right, it should be a good series. With the exception of one game I think, every game they've played against each other, since the Big 3 came together, has come down to the last 2 minutes of the game and whoever executes better wins.

It's awesome basketball!

Good? It's going to be ****ing great!! Heat VS Bulls is the most intense basketball games in the NBA right now.

effen5
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Who gives a **** about the regular season seriously...IF this Bulls team was healthy, I could seriously see us being undefeated right now.....but the fact that we're 22-6 with the injuries to umm lets see...Rose, Watson, Taj, Deng, Rip, and I am sure I am missing a few others is amazing. The fact that we're blowing teams out by 20 or more with these injuries to any team is amazing, but to do it three games in a row on the road is just incredible.

So who cares abotu the regular season....I don't care if our starters ended up sitting the rest of the season as long as their healthy in the playoffs.

Chi City23
02-10-2012, 10:48 AM
You're absolutely right, it should be a ****ing GREAT series. With the exception of one game I think, every game they've played against each other, since the Big 3 came together, has come down to the last 2 minutes of the game and whoever executes better wins.

It's awesome basketball!

Good? It's going to be ****ing great!! Heat VS Bulls is the most intense basketball games in the NBA right now.

Fixed ;)

bucketss
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Hasn't your boy been failing at life for about 9 years now?

lol so lebrons is suppose to win a championship every year of his career

effen5
02-10-2012, 10:54 AM
lol so lebrons is suppose to win a championship every year of his career

Isn't that the goal in the NBA? To win a title every year? If hes the greatest player in the NBA, he should have one by now.

bucketss
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Isn't that the goal in the NBA? To win a title every year? If hes the greatest player in the NBA, he should have one by now.

so rose has failed 4 years now?? how is a rookie not winning a championship a failure smh..

DChibes
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM

This guy, uniting PSD for the first time

:facepalm: Dumbest post ever

LGhost
02-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Forget Rose... Who will stop Deng? That guy plays with more passion than anyone on both teams.

I have a strong feeling that the Bulls will own the Heat and all this tough 7 game series is garbage. I'm surprised it is common knowledge that the Heat are the favorites but I'll take it. The Heat are in for a rude awakening again this year because their system is exactly the same as last year.

Firespo.com is correct, you have 3 of the best players in the NBA and a bunch of sharpshooters and role players and this is the system they are implemented in??? Isolations? Taking turns?

Coach: Okay guys, you're doing okay out there but we need to make some adjustments... LeBron you need to catch fire, Wade you have to do your jump shot flop. There is just not enough whistles being blown. Come on guys, whistles = championships!

Okay the last part was for the funnies but seriously, the Heat have no flow. Fastbreaks, tough shots, & whistles with few quality looks of play... Of course, anything can be enough to win.

That Dallas team was clicking on all cylinders. Solid team play. The only thing that can beat the Heat is solid team play, Bulls have their flaws but they are coming together nicely.

Other than those 3 big names, I worry more about 76ers & Pacers than the Heat... And if I were the Heat, I would worry more about them than the Bulls. Orlando? Not so much

The West is full of teams that would pose a threat in the finals for both our teams. We would be lucky if we faced OKC, Clippers, or Lakers...

hotadef
02-10-2012, 11:30 AM
they should go after smith. he still young and r allen didnt care much for defense but he did once he was on the celtics. we need more fire power we can win it all with this team as is. but with him chances are slightly better more fire power and more fouls to give so i say sign him. he makes the second unit that much better. and gives more options. small ball with rose smith hamilton deng noah. he just gives more flexibility and more fire power

justinnum1
02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Forget Rose... Who will stop Deng? That guy plays with more passion than anyone on both teams.

I have a strong feeling that the Bulls will own the Heat and all this tough 7 game series is garbage. I'm surprised it is common knowledge that the Heat are the favorites but I'll take it. The Heat are in for a rude awakening again this year because their system is exactly the same as last year.

Firespo.com is correct, you have 3 of the best players in the NBA and a bunch of sharpshooters and role players and this is the system they are implemented in??? Isolations? Taking turns?

Coach: Okay guys, you're doing okay out there but we need to make some adjustments... LeBron you need to catch fire, Wade you have to do your jump shot flop. There is just not enough whistles being blown. Come on guys, whistles = championships!

Okay the last part was for the funnies but seriously, the Heat have no flow. Fastbreaks, tough shots, & whistles with few quality looks of play... Of course, anything can be enough to win.

That Dallas team was clicking on all cylinders. Solid team play. The only thing that can beat the Heat is solid team play, Bulls have their flaws but they are coming together nicely.

Other than those 3 big names, I worry more about 76ers & Pacers than the Heat... And if I were the Heat, I would worry more about them than the Bulls. Orlando? Not so much

The West is full of teams that would pose a threat in the finals for both our teams. We would be lucky if we faced OKC, Clippers, or Lakers...

Worry more about that 76ers than the bulls? :eyebrow: Heat have won last 13 of 14 vs. 76ers. We own the 76ers. The 76ers will tell you we own them lol.

LGhost
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I really don't remember games from Feb of 2010 but this year, the 76er's are playing better... Don't you agree?

Cal827
02-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I think I'm just going to clusterbait everyone in this thread by saying that heat and bulls will get their ***** beaten by the sixers and pacers :D

Chi City23
02-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Sixers are playing better but in the 2 games they have played against the Heat the Heat have killed them.

effen5
02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Worry more about that 76ers than the bulls? :eyebrow: Heat have won last 13 of 14 vs. 76ers. We own the 76ers. The 76ers will tell you we own them lol.

I want to see the Bucks play the Heat in the first round...

Pulling for an upset lol.

justinnum1
02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
I really don't remember games from Feb of 2010 but this year, the 76er's are playing better... Don't you agree?

Yea, but we are a terrible matchup for them. Beat them both times this season by over 20.

effen5
02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
so rose has failed 4 years now?? how is a rookie not winning a championship a failure smh..

Thats not what I said. I said the goal is to win every year. And in Rose's eyes, yes he has failed every year.

justinnum1
02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I want to see the Bucks play the Heat in the first round...

Pulling for an upset lol.

lol, it wouldnt go more than 5, tho they would be a pia...would be a similar series to bulls-pacers last season.

effen5
02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
lol, it wouldnt go more than 5, tho they would be a pia...would be a similar series to bulls-pacers last season.

Bad matchups man,

Bucks are a bad match up for you guys like Philly is for us.