PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for Lebron to put up or shut up?

jp611
02-09-2012, 09:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7556817/lebron-james-apologize-kendrick-perkins-tired-blame-game

ORLANDO, Fla. -- LeBron James will not be apologizing to Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins for tweeting about Blake Griffin's dunk over Perkins last week. And while he's at it, he's tired of getting blamed for things that he doesn't feel are his fault.

"I would never apologize about anything like that when I'm connecting to my fans," James said of Perkins telling Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday that he was upset with the Heat forward's public reaction to Griffin's dunk.

You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.'

-- LeBron James
on being a target for criticism

Earlier Wednesday, Perkins said he was upset that James had sent out a tweet to his 3.5 million followers about Griffin's play.

"Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I'm No. 2 now. Move over #6," James tweeted on Jan. 30 shortly after Griffin's soaring jam.

"Did I call him out? I mean, did you read the tweet? Did I call him out? I can see why he felt embarrassed. I don't think I was the only one to react to the unbelievable play by Blake and that's what it was all about," James said after the Miami Heat's 102-89 loss to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night.

"Now, if Kendrick Perkins dunked on somebody like that on the other end, I would have done the same thing," James said. "If Perkins dunked on Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan or whatever the case may be, it would be the same thing. That's just my love for the game and connecting with my fans."

The highlight quickly went viral with numerous other NBA players commenting about it on Twitter. But James' tweet upset Perkins.

"You don't see Kobe (Bryant) tweeting," Perkins told Yahoo! Sports. "You don't see Michael Jordan tweeting. If you're an elite player, plays like that don't excite you.

MIAMI HEAT
Even more coverage of the Big 3 and their adventures in Miami. Heat Index

"At the end of the day, the guys who are playing for the right reasons who are trying to win championships are not worrying about one play. They also are not tweeting about themselves talking about going down to No. 2," Perkins added, according to the report. "I just feel (James) is always looking for attention and he wants the world to like him."

James also referenced Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird telling ESPN's Bill Simmons on "The B.S. Report" that, while James is the league's best player, Bird would prefer to play with Bryant.

"It's simple, (Kobe) has five rings and I have none so it's easy to say that," James said. "If I had five rings and Kobe had none, it'd probably be the other way around."

"I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James said. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.' "

His act is getting real old... I mean I've tried to lay off the guy this season but he keeps on opening his big mouth and saying and doing dumb things... This guy is getting ridiculous, and it's obvious he had no schooling after high school because he still acts like a kid who is in high school

Slug3
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7556817/lebron-james-apologize-kendrick-perkins-tired-blame-game

His act is getting real old... I mean I've tried to lay off the guy this season but he keeps on opening his big mouth and saying and doing dumb things... This guy is getting ridiculous, and it's obvious he had no schooling after high school because he still acts like a kid who is in high school

The problem is there are people out there that just cant wait for Lebron to say anything. No matter is its negative or positive and then rip him for it. I think its obvious at this time that not too many people outside Heat fans will cheer for him.

time4change
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
For The Bron lovers he'll never have to put up obviously. They already hail him as best ever.

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Another bron thread? really?:yawn:

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 10:37 AM
In B4 Hate.

pedrofan45
02-09-2012, 10:41 AM
If any other star said something like this it would be a non factor

Master Mind
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
How does Lebron taste?

Since he's always in people mouths...

Big Zo
02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
If any other star said something like this it would be a non factor

They did. And it wasn't. Plenty of others commented. This is nothing but Perkins being a little ***** and trying to turn his humiliation into more LeBron hate.

Hawkeye15
02-09-2012, 11:40 AM
as mentioned above, there is such a large percentage of people just waiting for him to say anything so they can criticize. That being said, at this point, LeBron just needs to shut up and win a damn ring. You can't be the victim forever.

LakersKB24
02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
It's LeBron's fault

You know what? I'm actually going to use that from now on :D

He should just ignore these things...

HouRealCoach
02-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Smh... this just makes Perkins look evem worse

Vincent
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
LeBron has a legit point.

But then again, guys like Kobe/Jordan/Bird really didn't care if he offended people (outside of people who buy shoes).

Perkins is a big baby. Why you mad at LBJ for tweeting? You should be mad a Blake Griffin for tea-bagging you on national televisioni.

kozelkid
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
as mentioned above, there is such a large percentage of people just waiting for him to say anything so they can criticize. That being said, at this point, LeBron just needs to shut up and win a damn ring. You can't be the victim forever.

This.

Does Lebron get too much criticism for every action? Absolutely.

But if he hasn't realized by now that responding to his critics only fuels the fire, then he's a lot more dense than I thought. He really just needs to shut up, ignore the critics and ball.

ElChinoLatino
02-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Lmao Perkins, stop being a little *****.

Shareeb_omac2
02-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I hate Perkins, but he is 100% right.

Khri
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Explain exactly in what Perkins is right, please.

Big Zo
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM

LeBron should cheat on his wife and rape women. It's what superstars do.

setman2000
02-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes, yes it is.

nickdymez
02-09-2012, 12:34 PM
The reason why Lebron gets singled out is because some of you have him as the greatest human specimen to ever grace the planet earth. You hail him as your "King". The king usually doesn't talk about things that happen to other players. They dont worry about it unless asked. He wasnt asked. I didn't see Kobe, Magic, Jordan, Bird, WADE, making a comment about someone being dunked on.

jp611
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Wade plays kiddie games too, don't kid yourself

Khri
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
The reason why Lebron gets singled out is because some of you have him as the greatest human specimen to ever grace the planet earth. You hail him as your "King". The king usually doesn't talk about things that happen to other players. They dont worry about it unless asked. He wasnt asked. I didn't see Kobe, Magic, Jordan, Bird, WADE, making a comment about someone being dunked on.

This is weak, Lebron is not trying to be like Kobe or Jordan, he wants to be himself, just stop with this BS already it's getting tired.. if you don't like the way he acts and if you don't like how people refer to him it's your own problem, not everyone else.

Hawkeye15
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM

No, its because he constantly sticks his foot in his mouth, because the media has been so far up his *** since grade school, and its human nature to wish failure. It has nothing to do with PSD fans, or fans in general. LeBron can shut everyone up to some degree by shutting up himself, and winning.

jp611
02-09-2012, 12:51 PM
No, its because he constantly sticks his foot in his mouth, because the media has been so far up his *** since grade school, and its human nature to wish failure. It has nothing to do with PSD fans, or fans in general. LeBron can shut everyone up to some degree by shutting up himself, and winning.

This is exactly the truth right here... If Lebron just stopped answering to the stupid critics that say dumb stuff, then he wouldnt get bashed for it... It's just time to go out and get a ring for him, that's the only thing that will stop the hate

DLeeicious
02-09-2012, 12:53 PM
I think Perkins comes off way worse here than Lebron. But at the same time if Perkins took things so personal it's easy for Lebron to just say "sorry man didn't mean to offend - it was an awesome dunk and I got excited" as opposed to going on this rant here. Both look bad, Perkins worse.

Khri
02-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I think Perkins comes off way worse here than Lebron. But at the same time if Perkins took things so personal it's easy for Lebron to just say "sorry man didn't mean to offend - it was an awesome dunk and I got excited" as opposed to going on this rant here. Both look bad, Perkins worse.

How exactly does Lebron look bad by saying the truth? I swear this forum is getting worse everyday, this is why the NBA will always be behind other sports, people are so insecure and stupid about every little detail it's ridiculous.

Hawkeye15
02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
This is exactly the truth right here... If Lebron just stopped answering to the stupid critics that say dumb stuff, then he wouldnt get bashed for it... It's just time to go out and get a ring for him, that's the only thing that will stop the hate

nothing can stop the hate, look at Kobe. 5 rings, and still hated by a huge portion of NBA fans. But it will earn LeBron respect, something Kobe has earned and possesses, even from the fans who can't stand him.

nickdymez
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
This is weak, Lebron is not trying to be like Kobe or Jordan, he wants to be himself, just stop with this BS already it's getting tired.. if you don't like the way he acts and if you don't like how people refer to him it's your own problem, not everyone else.

Thats his first mistake

Khri
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Thats his first mistake

I would understand why you would think like that, it's okay, one day you will get it.

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Of course, it's time for him to shut up. Whether criticism is undeserved or not is irrelevant. If Lebron is going to be the kind of personality that he is he has be ready for the criticism. It's not an issue of whether or not the treatment of Lebron is fair or not. It's a matter of how he handles it and as one poster pointed out, Lebron is still way too immature to know how to do that.

Shutting up and playing is the only way for Lebron to get everybody off his back. Read the rest and tell me Lebron isn't bringing all this on himself.

“A LeBron James team is never desperate.” – LeBron James, referring to himself in the third person

Self-titling himself King James, The Decision, talking about himself in the third person, some things out of his control like the ESPN exposure he got as a HSer, his entourage that requires everything thrown at him by his team...

On humility

"LeBron stays humble just by being LeBron."

On being criticized for The Decision

"Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!"

And of course this wonderful quote. Who can forget this one? And this is why Lebron needs to shut up...

When asked if it bothered him to have people root against him

"Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today.

"I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They have to get back to the real world at some point."

For Lebron, it always starts and ends with HIM.

ElChinoLatino
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
And of course this wonderful quote. Who can forget this one? And this is why Lebron needs to shut up...

When asked if it bothered him to have people root against him

"Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today.

"I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They have to get back to the real world at some point."

For Lebron, it always starts and ends with HIM.

Translation: "I get money, you dont."

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Who wouldn't want to see this guy fail unless you're a Heat fan? It's pure comedy.

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Translation: "I get money, you dont."

As if money is the only thing that matters. Now Lebron might say that's the case. But clearly that's not the case from how butthurt he gets over comments from those same people he's talking about.

smith&wesson
02-09-2012, 01:17 PM
so if i go on facebook and write somthing about perkins getting ultra super postered it bothers no one? but if lebron does that its wrong ??

perskins sounds bitter to me. who cares its one play. if lebron wants to be a fan let him be a fan.

sep11ie
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM
If Lebron got a fade, he'd be bald.

Evolution23
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Lebron needs to **** the **** up and play the game.

DLeeicious
02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
How exactly does Lebron look bad by saying the truth? I swear this forum is getting worse everyday, this is why the NBA will always be behind other sports, people are so insecure and stupid about every little detail it's ridiculous.

He looks bad by going on a rant all woe is me instead of just saying "sorry" and leaving it at that. How does he not look bad?

bmxrider9
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
LeBron definitely fuels the fire that is the national hate towards him. The, "It's LeBrons faults" crap in this statement is a joke. The world doesn't revolve around him but he can't grasp that because his uneducated friends that came along for the ride and live off of him....are just yes men and say whatever he wants to hear. Rather than going on a long speech to try and make people feel sorry for him, he should have just said; "I have no comment on Kendrick's comments. I'm just a fan of good basketball and enjoyed the play" and left it at that. Heat fans are just as ignorant to reality apparently as he is. Must be something in the water down there....

*Disclaimer here as well. Yes, I am from the Cleveland area. Yes, LeBron is STILL one of my favorite players. He just needs to shut up and reach deep....try to find that MJ/Kobe drive to be the greatest of all time.

AntiG
02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
LeBron has become the TO of the NBA

JordansBulls
02-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Lebron needs to learn humility and be like guys such as Jordan, Duncan, Rose in that regard.:)

AntiG
02-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Lebron needs to learn humility and be like guys such as Jordan, Duncan, Rose in that regard.:)

since when was Jordan humble? lol

LA_Raiders
02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
LeBroom is an *******, I hope he never wins a ship... How Dirks taste LeBroom?

king2218
02-09-2012, 02:16 PM
"Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I'm No. 2 now. Move over #6," James tweeted on Jan. 30 shortly after Griffin's soaring jam.

The reason why Lebron is criticized so much is due to the cockiness in how he carries himself. If you look at the tweet, you see him, referring to himself in third person, which is a sign of cockiness. And you see him showboating & screaming after every dunk or shot he makes...that's cockiness. I think people see this cockiness from him and judge him by that. There is no reason for Lebron to be cocky, when he has zero rings & failed so bad in last year's finals. I think if he was a lil more humble, people would respect him alot more.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 etc. this is where LBJ killed his image
by disrespecting the game of basketball and all the greats to have ever played the game. Stephen A. Smith last night on his radio show made a great point about this. He even said 'You know how hard it was for MJ and Kareem to get 6 titles? Magic and Kobe to get 5? Shaq and Duncan to get 4? Dumars and Isiah to get 2? Dr. J to let alone get 1?' From that point on, anything and everything that has come out of LBJ's mouth has been flat out dumb.

nickdymez
02-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I would understand why you would think like that, it's okay, one day you will get it.

And i understand why you keep defending Lebron. One day YOU'LL get it. You will understand why people have such feelings toward a guy everyone calls "The best player on the planet" but has looked bad in 2 NBA finals. You'll get it.

Raph12
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Anything he says gets dissected and he becomes the bad guy, he's right, he's blamed for everything... Perk is just mad he got destroyed on that play, Wade killed him last season as well. I said it before, he's not athletic enough to be a good help defender in today's league.

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Anything he says gets dissected and he becomes the bad guy, he's right, he's blamed for everything... Perk is just mad he got destroyed on that play, Wade killed him last season as well. I said it before, he's not athletic enough to be a good help defender in today's league.

He's brought it all on himself. Do you listen to what the guy says? Prima donna to a tee. The most self-absorbed man in sports.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM

I swear Cavs fans were reciting this same exact hymn from the LeBron James Gospel from 2003-2010 until they experienced a rude awakening on that infamous Thursday night, July 8th, 2010.

CubZwin38
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
since when was Jordan humble? lol

Yea Jordan was everything but humble. Duncan and Rose fit that word but Jordan was the cockiest sob in the game. But the difference was Jordan backed that up on the court, not in the media. Jordan used that cockiness to fuel his team to win, not to fuel his ego.

CHANGO
02-09-2012, 03:30 PM
People want to change Lebron personality, he is a man who likes to have fun and want to be liked. He's not that villian that we all want him to be. He's not Jordan, he's not Kobe.

Stop criticizing nonsense, Dirk tweeted on that dunk, Wade too, but of course Lebron is the problem.

Same old news...

Raph12
02-09-2012, 04:06 PM
He's brought it all on himself. Do you listen to what the guy says? Prima donna to a tee. The most self-absorbed man in sports.

He should've gone to college, they all should have...

Mrphilly
02-09-2012, 04:23 PM
People kill me when they talk about Lebrons's personality. Jordan was one of the biggest azzholes in sports. His teammates hated him. Why would Lebron be like Rose. Rose has zero personality. People hate Lebron because he calls himself King. His last name is James, its a very simple nickname. Its funny that Lebron is such a terrible person, but it took 7 years for people to hate him. You all sound like bitter b itches, just like Kendrick perkins.

Lake_Show2416
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM
8 years later they realize this lol

Gritz
02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
They just need to squabble and be done with it

SundaeBest
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Shouldn't you apply your own logic to yourself....and leave this thread? Just a thought

SteBO
02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
LeBron just needs to play basketball at this point.....and ignore the nonsense I've read in here already. If he wins a ring, the hate won't go away but at that point they'll look like fools. Only time will tell........

stawka
02-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Call me stupid, but what the **** did Lebron do that was so wrong? He got excited over a dunk, so did everyone else. And now you guys blowing it up? lol GTFO of here

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Call me stupid, but what the **** did Lebron do that was so wrong? He got excited over a dunk, so did everyone else. And now you guys blowing it up? lol GTFO of here

Nope, he didn't do anything wrong with that tweet. He just put his foot in his mouth again by responding to Perk's comment and making extravagant stupid remarks like "Of, if you're out of milk, blame LeBron". Guys like him and Wade are really full of themselves. For example, Wade making that ignorant and childish comment last year "If the Heat lose some games, it'll be the 9/11 thing all over again". How do you equate yourself to running out of milk or the nation's biggest tragedy? That's just ignorant and dumb!

Mrphilly
02-09-2012, 06:54 PM
LeBron just needs to play basketball at this point.....and ignore the nonsense I've read in here already. If he wins a ring, the hate won't go away but at that point they'll look like fools. Only time will tell........

They already look like fools. Him not having a ring is the only leg Lebron haters have to stand on.

It ticks me off when people say he should shut up and play basketball. They act as if he was quiet, they would hate him any less.

Perkins claim that Bron tweeting about dunks is why he doesnt win.(Which makes no damn sense.) Take a look at this.

ths morning convo w/ my son goes alil lk ths. Zaire:Dad y u cnt dunk lk blake Griffin-Me:why u cnt dunk lk blake ... <<@dwaynewade

Watched blakes dunk over and over again. Almost makes me wonder if me and him even play the same sport. What an athlete<<@swish41(Dirk's twitter)

Dirk has not tweeted since. Lebron is a target and winning wont change that. When it seemed like Lebron may win a ring last year, people were saying, I cant wait to see Lebron's face when D. Wade gets the MVP.:facepalm:

The hate can not be avoided, its the cool thing to do these days.

SteBO
02-09-2012, 07:08 PM
They already look like fools. Him not having a ring is the only leg Lebron haters have to stand on.

It ticks me off when people say he should shut up and play basketball. They act as if he was quiet, they would hate him any less.

Perkins claim that Bron tweeting about dunks is why he doesnt win.(Which makes no damn sense.) Take a look at this.

ths morning convo w/ my son goes alil lk ths. Zaire:Dad y u cnt dunk lk blake Griffin-Me:why u cnt dunk lk blake ... <<@dwaynewade

Watched blakes dunk over and over again. Almost makes me wonder if me and him even play the same sport. What an athlete<<@swish41(Dirk's twitter)

Dirk has not tweeted since. Lebron is a target and winning wont change that. When it seemed like Lebron may win a ring last year, people were saying, I cant wait to see Lebron's face when D. Wade gets the MVP.:facepalm:

The hate can not be avoided, its the cool thing to do these days.
You have become my new best friend. :)

I agree. I just meant that LeBron has to ignore the idiots that spew the nonsense they spew.

Lakerhead4ever
02-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Your welcome

LAKobeBryant
02-09-2012, 07:13 PM
lebron stop the bs get a ring then talk or should i say not 1 not 2 not 3.......

daleja424
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Lmao. You guys are absolutely ridiculous.

Grow the hell up. The guy tweated about a dunk. He did the same thing that a hundred other nba players did and what millions of other people did around the world... Appreciate a fantastic play.

Perkins is a butt hurt two year old.

And Lebron is absolutely right. You people do make everything about Lebron and it is always negative. This thread is the friggin proof. The guy did the same thing as countless others did yet Perkins picks a fight with him, it becomes a debated topic on all the shows, and we have a thread about it on here.

I repeat. Grow up.

SportsAndrew25
02-09-2012, 10:37 PM
He needs the Kobe System to put it up.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
How many ****ing lebron threads are we gonna have, jesus

stawka
05-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Wade's fouls just bumped about 500 of them lol. Thank **** he's banned

Cfrey
05-02-2012, 09:13 PM