PDA

View Full Version : Melo and Amare couldn't get it done, but Lin can?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Knicks have now won three straight games with Lin dominating.

Will he continue to carry the knicks?

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Its all about how him and 'Melo mesh, and quite frankly, whether or not 'Melo defers to the crafty PG. As to how many games we will win without our 2 stars, your guess is as good as mine. If Lin can somehow keep this up it won't hurt our chances.

Nothing surprises me now with what i've seen over the last 3 games.

NoahH
02-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Knicks should trade Carmelo and Amare

shep33
02-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Man the ball movement is pretty good right now, and they are just getting easier shots with Lin controlling the tempo.

Avenged
02-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Haven't seen Lin play but how's his defense? That seems to be the issue down in NY.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Novak's been on fire too

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Haven't seen Lin play but how's his defense? That seems to be the issue down in NY.

According to ESPN stats Knicks are 10th in defense and have been for a few weeks.

Slimsim
02-09-2012, 02:01 AM
This seems like a troll thread to trash our Stars. Then people call lin overhype and overrated because there's another thread about him even thought it was started by a kobe fan/Knick hater.

shep33
02-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Lin is ballin... but that being said, saying the Knicks are better without Melo and STAT is just incomprehensible. Remember the Knicks beat the Nets, the Jazz who have played horrible as of late on the road and are 2-7 away from home, and now the Wizards tonight.

What we have to see is how Lin, Melo, and Amare play together against a good team. I love Carmelo Anthony... but he has got to let Lin control the tempo of the game when he gets back. The offense must run through their pg in order to get easier shots.

*Superman*
I saw some of his highlights, what is on his chin...

thekmp211
i like lin but it really does highlight how weak their other point guards are if the offense is the this much better under his direction.

kblo247
02-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Lin graduated from Harvard with a Bachelors of Science in The KOBE SYSTEM

kblo247
02-09-2012, 02:05 AM
I saw some of his highlights, what is on his chin...

band-aids he got bust up and they kept coming off

CousinsEvansDUO
02-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Beating the nets jazz and wizards is hardly 'getting it done'.

HouRealCoach
02-09-2012, 02:06 AM

Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler has made it much better especially since others seem to be putting in work on defense also

But if Lin plays like this then it will become major help when Melo and Amare get back because Amare gets a guy that knows the pick & roll, Melo doesnt have to be the primary playmaker anymore, Hopefully Toney douglas can return to form, Novak getting in the groove, Fields playing solid, Chandler playing great, Jorts coming back soon

Its a good start hopefully baron davis can turn the bench squad into solid core

*Superman*
02-09-2012, 02:06 AM
band-aids he got bust up and they kept coming off

I thought that's what it was, but I wasn't sure, looked like skin was dangling.

kblo247
02-09-2012, 02:08 AM
I thought that's what it was, but I wasn't sure, looked like skin was dangling.

They kept changing them, but they wouldn't stick. Like they had never heard of steri strips

blahblahyoutoo
02-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Lin is ballin... but that being said, saying the Knicks are better without Melo and STAT is just incomprehensible. Remember the Knicks beat the Nets, the Jazz who have played horrible as of late on the road and are 2-7 away from home, and now the Wizards tonight.

What we have to see is how Lin, Melo, and Amare play together against a good team. I love Carmelo Anthony... but he has got to let Lin control the tempo of the game when he gets back. The offense must run through their pg in order to get easier shots.

no, the knicks are just better without melo.
stat flourishes with a good pg.

shep33
02-09-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm still amazed at how teams are playing him. I'd stay off him and make him hit jumpers. Go under the screens. I don't get why teams are overly aggressive guarding him, I mean this guy can get by you, he's proven it time and time again. He ain't no slouch, but you gotta give him some different looks.

Raph12
02-09-2012, 02:14 AM
If Lin can continue to play like this, he would take a lot of facilitating pressure off of Melo and allow him to do what he does best, play on the block. He could also run the pnr with Stat, considering Stat needs to be setup so he could finish, struggles to create for himself... I've been saying it for a while, they need a PG, question is whether or not Lin can be that guy.

kblo247
02-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Well shep, we are talking Wall and Deron being lit up. Wall ain't stopping anybody period and we all should know from the LA-Utah playoffs that Fisher has shown you can light him up if you get him to make it personal

xILLN355
02-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Lins in beast mode, atleast give him some props

kblo247
02-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Lin deserves credit for pacing the game at the temp he wants, keeping others involved, and not being afraid to make teams pay. He is simply smarter than Douglas and Shump, which can keep him in the league much like an old Knick PG named Ward.

meloman1592
02-09-2012, 02:23 AM

But look at the point guards he's gotten it done against:
Deron Williams (Nuff said)
Devin Harris (I'll admit he fell off though)
John Wall (Fastest player in the league with extreme talent)

The opposing teams haven't been good but the match ups definitely don't favor lin and he's been pulling it out.

itsripcity32
02-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Dude. Jeremy Lin is Iman Shumpert 2 months ago, plain hype. Watch these knicker bocker "fans" jump off the bandwagon in a week or two.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-09-2012, 02:25 AM
This seems like a troll thread to trash our Stars. Then people call lin overhype and overrated because there's another thread about him even thought it was started by a kobe fan/Knick hater.

no, and shut up:p

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 02:28 AM
This is weird but it shows you what a bad season both Melo and Amare are having. I seriously doubt Lin continues toplay like that.

calibird707
02-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Melo was starting to swing the ball and get guys involved a little more before the groin thing,he is an excellent passer when he wants to be....cannot wait to get stat back with lin...stat getting the ball rolling to the hoop is one of the most unstoppable things in the leauge...lin is legit!!!! Its crazy how all the "scrubs" are getting off now that a competent ballhandler is running the show...we gotta have novak in the rotation...dude rarely misses when he's got an open look...wouldn't hold my breath waiting for baron to come back but if he does just icing on the cake...loving what's going on right now...let the linsanity continue!!!!

oak2455
02-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Dude. Jeremy Lin is Iman Shumpert 2 months ago, plain hype. Watch these knicker bocker "fans" jump off the bandwagon in a week or two.

You posted the same quote in the Lin is Tewbow thread wow copy n paste guy:facepalm: do you have anything new to say?

jam
02-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Carmelo and Stoudemire aren't stupid enough to try to prevent Lin from running the offense. They'll both get plenty of touches and shots. Lin will definitely make it easier for both to score.

John Walls Era
02-09-2012, 02:39 AM
This is Linsane :pity: :D

the unknown
02-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Jefferies also

lkingratedr
02-09-2012, 03:15 AM
See its something like this if Lin keeps going the way he has and let's say averages 15 and 8 a night teams have to pay attention to him ... Now you have threats at all 5 positions to score its kind of like a weaker version of the thunder starting 5

sharqstealth
02-09-2012, 05:27 AM
See its something like this if Lin keeps going the way he has and let's say averages 15 and 8 a night teams have to pay attention to him ... Now you have threats at all 5 positions to score its kind of like a weaker version of the thunder starting 5

What are you talking about? Perkins and Ibaka doesn't have an offensive game. If we could get to our peak, we're better than the Thunder!:clap:

Supreme LA
02-09-2012, 05:58 AM

Considering the fact that the Knicks playing with Melo and Amare without Lin probably would have still struggled against these 3 teams, and now having Lin step in on his first opportunity to start and shine and the kid is flat out controlling the game, I would say he is getting it done.

Kings fans always sound the most bitter, hateful, and jealous fans. It's so depressing everytime any one of you guys post. U MAD????

Probably mad at the fact that Tyreke, Cousins, and Jimmer can't get it done.

The kid is 3-0 as a starter and averaging about 20/10. Go away haters. This kid is straight ballin!

MJ-BULLS
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM
havent seen the kid play except for that one game where they played on tnt, i forgot who they played though. he seemed like a good passer and isolation player.

lets see if he can keep this up.

D1JM
02-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Considering the fact that the Knicks playing with Melo and Amare without Lin probably would have still struggled against these 3 teams, and now having Lin step in on his first opportunity to start and shine and the kid is flat out controlling the game, I would say he is getting it done.

Kings fans always sound the most bitter, hateful, and jealous fans. It's so depressing everytime any one of you guys post. U MAD????

Probably mad at the fact that Tyreke, Cousins, and Jimmer can't get it done.

The kid is 3-0 as a starter and averaging about 20/10. Go away haters. This kid is straight ballin!

hmm i wonder if melo has to do with a lot of the mediocre play happening in the big apple? should i say ISO ISO ISO ISO

jimm120
02-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Knicks have now won three straight games with Lin dominating.

Will he continue to carry the knicks?

This is the sign of a bad coach that doesn't know how to use his pieces.

just that.

naps
02-09-2012, 06:55 AM
So many Jeremy Lin threads. Why does that always happen to young Knicks players? Tony Douglas, Iman Shumpert, and now Lin?

jam
02-09-2012, 07:18 AM
I wonder if Lin/Carmelo/Stoudemire would be enough to lure Phil Jax back to the NBA, lol.

Can you imagine how good the Knicks would be if they brought Jerry Sloan on board?

Right now, the Knicks need a real coach. Even Larry Brown as a 1 season rental would help.

IndyRealist
02-09-2012, 07:21 AM
This is the sign of a bad coach that doesn't know how to use his pieces.

just that.
Can't disagree more. This is a good coach that runs a very specific system who just now has the pieces to run that system. Lin went UNDRAFTED two years ago and it's taken this long for anyone to give him a legit shot. Everywhere else he's gotten spot minutes without the ball in his hands. You've got a west coast PG running a west coast system. He's no Steve Nash, but he's excellent reading pick n' rolls, and has great court vision and good passing skills. At least in college, Lin could shoot as well. He carried Harvard for four years, and being the only NBA prospect got double and triple teamed regularly.

He's not the NBA's Tebow, he's the next Stephen Curry, hopefully. There are lots of kids in smaller conferences that can play, but the way scouting works you can't send guys to watch them all. So unless they make noise in the tourney, no one gives them a shot. Except ESPN ran a feel-good piece on Lin, people in Dallas noticed, and brought him in as Summer League filler. Now he's the starting PG for Knicks.

thekmp211
02-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Can't disagree more. This is a good coach that runs a very specific system who just now has the pieces to run that system. Lin went UNDRAFTED two years ago and it's taken this long for anyone to give him a legit shot. Everywhere else he's gotten spot minutes without the ball in his hands. You've got a west coast PG running a west coast system. He's no Steve Nash, but he's excellent reading pick n' rolls, and has great court vision and good passing skills. At least in college, Lin could shoot as well. He carried Harvard for four years, and being the only NBA prospect got double and triple teamed regularly.

He's not the NBA's Tebow, he's the next Stephen Curry, hopefully. There are lots of kids in smaller conferences that can play, but the way scouting works you can't send guys to watch them all. So unless they make noise in the tourney, no one gives them a shot. Except ESPN ran a feel-good piece on Lin, people in Dallas noticed, and brought him in as Summer League filler. Now he's the starting PG for Knicks.

sorry but imo a good coach builds his system around the talent at hand as opposed to trying to jam square pegs into circular holes. dumbtoni shouldn't have had to resort to UDFA to find the right fit.

thekmp211
02-09-2012, 07:49 AM

just checking in on jimmer's 30 ppg average is he still close?

ThePooH_1_
02-09-2012, 07:55 AM
just checking in on jimmer's 30 ppg average is he still close?

lmao nice one :D

metsfanssince05
02-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Once stat and melo are back his ppg should drop to around 10-14 but assists will increase to 13ish he is playing with subpar players besides chandler and shump and still getting around 10 assists. Kid is foreal

Becks2307
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
13 is a bit much.

if lin can give us 12-14 and 7-9 that would be PERFECT.

Rockice_8
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
It's time teams start going under the screen. Am I the only one that realizes this? Go under the screen and force him to shoot.

It seems like he is a decent shooter but let's see him hit it consistently first, if he even will take it at all. He seems like he plays pass first so by forcing him to shoot I think that plays away from his strength. If you go under the screen you can keep him out of the paint where he's been very dangerous on the pass and while attacking.

ewing
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM

Who else has he played against?

Jint.
02-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Im ALL LIN..!

ewing
02-09-2012, 09:41 AM
It's time teams start going under the screen. Am I the only one that realizes this? Go under the screen and force him to shoot.

It seems like he is a decent shooter but let's see him hit it consistently first, if he even will take it at all. He seems like he plays pass first so by forcing him to shoot I think that plays away from his strength. If you go under the screen you can keep him out of the paint where he's been very dangerous on the pass and while attacking.

Team aren't pressuring him. They might be trapping sometimes to force left but just dropping off wont stop him from making plays. If it was Rondo wouldn't be effective, Tony Parker wouldn't have been effective when he first entered the league, and evens wouldn't be effective. Lin is too tough to keep in front for that.

Jesse2272
02-09-2012, 09:45 AM

Really DWill...DHarris...JWall...do you even watch NBA games other than the Kings...Seriously:facepalm:...this is why I dont post in the NBA forum

thekmp211
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Who else has he played against?

don't worry about him. CED thought jimmer was gonna drop 30 a game this year, and that tyreke's game was best described as cross between mj/kobe. he doesn't have much clout around here when it comes to criticizing outrageous statements.

thekmp211
02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Really DWill...DHarris...JWall...do you even watch NBA games other than the Kings...Seriously:facepalm:...this is why I dont post in the NBA forum

do you not see all the other posters agreeing with you besides him?

Jesse2272
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
do you not see all the other posters agreeing with you besides him?

I didnt get past him:rolleyes:

Jesse2272
02-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Im ALL LIN..!

:clap:

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-09-2012, 09:52 AM
and they've been doubling him

Rockice_8
02-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Team aren't pressuring him. They might be trapping sometimes to force left but just dropping off wont stop him from making plays. If it was Rondo wouldn't be effective, Tony Parker wouldn't have been effective when he first entered the league, and evens wouldn't be effective. Lin is too tough to keep in front for that.

Sure he'll still make plays like Rondo and TP do but there is no reason to go over the screen on Lin yet teams in the first three games have consistently gone over the top giving him a free lane to the paint.

Going under the screen is gonna slow him down for sure.

zoned88
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
it seems like a few posters wanna criticize melos game yet they havent watched his games on the regular.. dude was number one in assists on this squad before lin showed up..melo constantly looked for the open man just so whoever was shooting it could miss.. now if my teamates are missing everything..im the superstar..imma try and take control.. and it seems like every game lin has is not enough for people..it wont be enough until the knicks lose a game and then come the "we told u so" rants.. 10THHHHHH in DEFENSE PEOPLE!!! let the knicks dont play d crap end already.

king4day
02-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I hate these excuses why Lin is playing well.
He won't tear it up every game but he's doing things Nash would do which means involving his teammates. So if he's not scoring, others will.
Who cares how bad his opponents have been. Wins are wins.

sb123
02-09-2012, 10:08 AM

Nets tried that and he started hitting his little bunny jumper. In fact, best bet is to trap him and get the ball out of his hands.

Kid can play. That simple. All he needs to do is extend his range beyond 15 feet.

29$JerZ
02-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Do people realize what Lin has had to pass too?

Chandler and Fields are good players but take a look at who is replacing Melo and STAT

Bill Walker, Jared Jeffries, Jerome Jordan, Mike Bibby, Iman Shumpert, Steve Novak

To even get production from a scrub like Jared is amazing.
He literally is doing everything a PG needs to do.

Knicks have needed a floor leader for years. Why do people assume he will be a star? If he just gets us 8-10 assist a night it's a huge addition.

CrazyCrackar
02-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Knicks are playing good right not because Melo or Amare arent there. There playing well, because they finally have a PG, its that simple.

sb123
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
The next line of Lin bashing .... it is the SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming to an ESPN Sports Writer near you.

Jesse2272
02-09-2012, 10:15 AM

Chandler and Fields are good players but take a look at who is replacing Melo and STAT

Bill Walker, Jared Jeffries, Jerome Jordan, Mike Bibby, Iman Shumpert, Steve Novak

Knicks have needed a floor leader for years. Why do people assume he will be a star? If he just gets us 8-10 assist a night it's a huge addition.

Of course not...stat readers, beat writer/headline readers, not game watchers...

Listen to his post game comments, kid is a leader, all about his teammates, installs confidence "I have a lot of knock down shooters"...not really, cant wait for Stat/Melo return

DaBUU
02-09-2012, 10:21 AM
So they've beaten the Jazz, Wiz, and Nets, correct? Knicks are running through the league now, break 'em up.

quade36
02-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Yes another Lin thread.....

Jesse2272
02-09-2012, 10:24 AM
So they've beaten the Jazz, Wiz, and Nets, correct? Knicks are running through the league now, break 'em up.

Dude this is about Lin possibly being a good PG picked of the scrap heap coming out of nowhere not the Knicks winning a championship this year why all the hate

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I think its more addition by subtraction, taking melo out helps the team imo

oak2455
02-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Lintastic !!!! I love the hate, just bring it!:clap:

DaBUU
02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
no hate, kid seems decent enough. Just not a big enough sample size or the best of competition yet. The way he's blowing up around here, you'd think he got the Knicks out of the 1st round already. Either way, finally good news for the Knicks.

AntiG
02-09-2012, 10:34 AM
that's what happens when you go from having next to zero legit point guard play with two Iso specialists to very good point guard play.

jp611
02-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Why do Knicks fans think people are "Knick haters"... There's certainly nothing to be jealous about a team that hasnt won anything in 40 years

effen5
02-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Why do Knicks fans think people are "Knick haters"... There's certainly nothing to be jealous about a team that hasnt won anything in 40 years

:laugh:

Seriously enough with the Lin threads...Kid is okay but lets see how he does against a real team...

DaBUU
02-09-2012, 10:41 AM
:laugh:

Seriously enough with the Lin threads...Kid is okay but lets see how he does against a real team...

Is it hate if I suggest John Lucas The Turd would put up similar numbers against those 3 opponents?

effen5
02-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Is it hate if I suggest John Lucas The Turd would put up similar numbers against those 3 opponents?

No it's not hate, its just embarrasing for the opponents.

29$JerZ

Stupidity more than Hate

Sanyo
Jeremy Lin is like the Jose Bautista of basketball -- a guy who comes out of nowhere, gets some playing time and really steps up his game! Lin has the Lakers tomorrow, if he can play similar basketball there, he could be the real deal...he is from Harvard after all, has the brains certainly to out wit guys on the court with his skills...

effen5
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
I'd like to see how he does against Philly, Indy, or Miami.

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Lin will run the pick and roll good with amare and chandler and melo will have so many open 3s with this, Novak can hit the 3 and will just keep getting looks from there. you guys we have seen melo amare and lin play one game together lets see how it works. But if lin wins against la on friday and minn on sat im buying a lin jersey :D

DaBUU
02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Stupidity more than Hate

John Lucas state line against the Wiz this season,

25 points, 8 assists, 8 rebounds.

Not sure why my suggestion would be so stupid. But if he continues this, i'll give him the credit.

IndyRealist
02-09-2012, 10:51 AM
sorry but imo a good coach builds his system around the talent at hand as opposed to trying to jam square pegs into circular holes. dumbtoni shouldn't have had to resort to UDFA to find the right fit.

You're right. But if you knew what D'Antoni was, why wouldn't you get the appropriate players?

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Chiago fans are very cocky, But you guys havent won anything since jordan, Its not hate at all but it has to be a little impressive that lin has put those numbers up with one guy that can hit the 3 Iman who isnt that good without the ball in his hands and chandler. Fields isnt bad either. Lucas would not put up those numbers 25 and 7 28 and 8 and 23 and 10? comeon now

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 10:53 AM

I agree with you, Lakers should be a good test tommorow

DaBUU
02-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Chiago fans are very cocky, But you guys havent won anything since jordan, Its not hate at all but it has to be a little impressive that lin has put those numbers up with one guy that can hit the 3 Iman who isnt that good without the ball in his hands and chandler. Fields isnt bad either. Lucas would not put up those numbers 25 and 7 28 and 8 and 23 and 10? comeon now

Lin is way better than the Turd, withought a doubt. Most posters on here might be better than the Turd. My point was that maybe we should wait for more than 3 games against bad teams, before we declare Lin Day on PSD.

IndyRealist
02-09-2012, 10:57 AM

Philly's getting torched by PG's. It's a weakness. Indy uses Paul George on PG's, and Miami uses Lebron.

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Lin is way better than the Turd, withought a doubt. Most posters on here might be better than the Turd. My point was that maybe we should wait for more than 3 games against bad teams, before we declare Lin Day on PSD.

Oh i took it wrong, Ok I agree with you Im getting exicted seeing him play that way but I want to see him against the elite teams, LA should be a test, Utah isnt really a bad team either but LA and MInn should be a test. if he gets the win against both I Decalre Lin day on PSD! :D

effen5
02-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Oh i took it wrong, Ok I agree with you Im getting exicted seeing him play that way but I want to see him against the elite teams, LA should be a test, Utah isnt really a bad team either but LA and MInn should be a test. if he gets the win against both I Decalre Lin day on PSD! :D

Honestly no offense to you (seriously, you seem like a real good guy)

I'm sick of Knick fans shoving all of their players down our throats.

First its Mare, then Melo, then Shumpert who some Knick fans said he would shut down both Rose and Wade, and now Lin...

Lets just wait and see :)

Greet
02-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Melo doesnt have to be the primary playmaker anymore

GL telling Melo that

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 11:21 AM
some people are such cry babys.. Just sit back and enjoy the show. ESPN is shoving this kid down EVERYONE's throats so stop blaming all the worlds misfortune on Knick fans.

thekmp211
02-09-2012, 11:23 AM
You're right. But if you knew what D'Antoni was, why wouldn't you get the appropriate players?

good question. the knicks became enamored with melo as soon as it became clear that he wanted to play in ny. i'm pretty sure dolan basically demanded a trade be done, limiting donnie walsh's options (as in, being able to find out that deron williams was available like the nets did).

again, though, i don't even know if d'antoni knew how much of his offense was predicated on a point guard with a pulse. no pro offense should look as bad as the knicks did for the first couple months of the year. it's like rambis running the triangle in minny. there are ad fits and then just bad offenses. i'm still not sold that SSOL was anything more than the perfect offense for steve nash.

Ill21
02-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Up against Williams and Wall. The only thing that scrub is good for is being a prop for LeBron to dunk over.

jp611
02-09-2012, 11:29 AM
John Lucas put up similar numbers against Wall... Wall ****ing sucks BTW

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 11:35 AM
lol

jameschang112
02-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Been following Lin for loosely for 2 years now. I can say with confidence, as the coach has said that what he has...vision, speed, knowledge of the game, etc...that won't change. The ingredients are all there for the making of a top PG. What he needed was confidence and getting comfortable. To be honest, I believe he will keep this up, and when Davis comes back...Lin will still be the starting PG. Anyone else notice how humble he is in interviews?

Fnom11
02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
This team without Melo and with Gallinari and Wilson Chandler would be better damn good imo

oak2455
02-09-2012, 11:40 AM
some people are such cry babys.. Just sit back and enjoy the show. ESPN is shoving this kid down EVERYONE's throats so stop blaming all the worlds misfortune on Knick fans.

I watched it twice last night new sig coming....ha ha ha:D

oak2455
02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
those who make believe like they've seen him play here's a little what Lin can do......can pass well , has great court vision , has a great first step and is way smarter than your average NBA Player( insert name here):D

cubbies7177
02-09-2012, 11:46 AM
JLIN IS RUINING THE KNICKS.

In my opinion, the Knicks need a new coach to be even remotely competitive. Dantoni has no defensive system and his offensive system relies on a PG, not a star SF, PF, or C. Let's be honest. Dantoni had the Suns during the peak and couldn't get it done then in the West. What makes you think that he can do it for NYC in a tougher conference defensively.

Otherwise, i love the kid. As much as you can call him a temporary blimp on the map, you have to admit that he's a GREAT match for this team. Obviously, it would have been best for JLin to start at GS, his hometown, but the Knicks have a great team minus a PG (sorta...), so not only does he fill a crucial role, but "within Dantoni's system" most of the offense runs through JLin or the PG (so there's incredible opportunity for him here).

The Knicks don't need CP3 to be competitive. They just need a serviceable PG that can distribute to Melo, Stat, and Chandler.

I wanted to ask though... WHAT DO THEY DO WHEN DAVIS IS BACK? PLEASE TELL ME HE'S GOING STRAIGHT TO THE BENCH... WE ALREADY SAW WHAT HE "HAD LEFT" ON THE CLIPPERS AND CAVS.. IT'S NOTHING.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
it's not knicks fans fault that espn is trying to turn lin into another tebow story but i can say his actions can speak louder than hype just enjoy the show because the kid is here to stay.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
I watched it twice last night new sig coming....ha ha ha:D

I can't wait until friday's game when i can actually watch it on the LED.

TIME WARNER!!! :mad:

Nycbball08
02-09-2012, 11:57 AM

A win is a win!...

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Honestly no offense to you (seriously, you seem like a real good guy)

I'm sick of Knick fans shoving all of their players down our throats.

First its Mare, then Melo, then Shumpert who some Knick fans said he would shut down both Rose and Wade, and now Lin...

Lets just wait and see :)

Lol I agree with you, some knick fans go crazy, a lot of us get exicted because the past 10 years we have had nothing to be exicted about. true we will wait and see, rose and wade are un guardable so Iman has his hands full lol :)

knicks=love
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM

he's baaaaaack. :D

John Walls Era
02-09-2012, 12:07 PM
lol at Bulls fans talking like they've been winning championships every year.

justinnum1
02-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Looking forward to see how lin does vs. rondo tomorrow night.

Also, the sample size is real small and the competition was pretty weak. Going to be interesting when teams start planning for him.

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
We dont play boston tommroow?^

oak2455
02-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I can't wait until friday's game when i can actually watch it on the LED.

TIME WARNER!!! :mad:

where do you live?? because Direct is pretty damn good and running some specials now:eyebrow:

oak2455
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
he's baaaaaack. :D

I think thats that retic dude or whatever his name is

CudiOnMyiPod
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Honest prediction for the next Lin game: 14 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists.

Vincent
02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
26/8 is nothing to cough at. The kid has been playing very, very good (albeit for 3 games).

He's the reason for the Knicks winning streak. He's had help from a guy shooting completely lights out (Steve Novak), a Center shooting 70% for the season (Tyson Chandler), a super underrated SG (Landry Fields), but the main reason why they're able to shine is because of Jeremy.

He's definitely fun to watch. And from interviews and such, sounds like an upbeat, straight edge kid (who is a devote Christian).

The wins are not a fluke. Jeremy went out and won those games.

However, I think I would temper my expectations to see how he does when teams game plan against him.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
where do you live?? because Direct is pretty damn good and running some specials now:eyebrow:

Syracuse man.. my only other option is Fios and i'm seriously considering it.

SugeKnight
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Lol Lin. Starting pg for the Allstars next year

SugeKnight
02-09-2012, 12:39 PM
All he was missing in gs was a jumper and confidence. Looks like he found his swag in NY

Da Knicks
02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Lin is going to make Amare and Melo look like the mon stars! by the way to the people who are bashing on shumpert dude is playing very good defense and is going under the radar atm. Lin doesnt have to be a superstar he just has to make the plays, knicks just needed a pg and seem to have found one. Love the hate btw esp from the kings fans lol

jp611
02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
lol at Bulls fans talking like they've been winning championships every year.

We got 6 in the 90's... You're a Lions and Wizards fan... You've never seen any wins at all

oak2455
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Syracuse man.. my only other option is Fios and i'm seriously considering it.

Fios is good, just watch they hit you with a lot of bs taxes.. I had it for a bit.....plus I think they're doing no contracts which is pretty good:) I have Direct for Sunday ticket:D

jp611
02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Melo is going to ruin Lin when he comes back... He'll start chucking away and won't let Lin run the offense anymore

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 12:49 PM
thats good, But what have you won recently? not saying anything bad but dont get cocky like you own the NBA

xxplayerxx23
I seriously do not like this guy At all

Kashmir13579
Fios is good, just watch they hit you with a lot of bs taxes.. I had it for a bit.....plus I think they're doing no contracts which is pretty good:) I have Direct for Sunday ticket:D

Yea.. so i've heard. I only stick with TWC because their customer service is great and i know exactly what my bill will look like. I thought they would get a deal done by now, but i can't hold out for much longer. :(

jp611
Won more than the Knicks have, that's for sure

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Melo is going to ruin Lin when he comes back... He'll start chucking away and won't let Lin run the offense anymore

'Melo will hear it from the fans and media if that ish goes down.

jp611
02-09-2012, 12:52 PM
'Melo will hear it from the fans and media if that ish goes down.

Do you think he cares? This is Carmelo Anthony we're talking about, one of the most selfish players in the NBA... He could care less about the team

nycericanguy
02-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Yea.. so i've heard. I only stick with TWC because their customer service is great and i know exactly what my bill will look like. I thought they would get a deal done by now, but i can't hold out for much longer. :(

Fios isn't available here in queens where i live, i literally have ZERO options.

Verizon only has phone and internet here, they will transfer you to direct tv for the time being if you want cable through them, but i live in an apt so Direct tv isn't an option either.

the second fios comes to queens im switching

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 12:56 PM

and that says nothing, You dont own the NBA stop acting like it

Vincent
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
thats good, But what have you won recently? not saying anything bad but dont get cocky like you own the NBA

I hate when fans take credit for something they didn't have any part of.

So what if the Bulls win this year or years before? That doesn't really mean anything in relation to your basketball knowledge or player evaluation.

Makes other fans (like myself) look like fools.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Do you think he cares? This is Carmelo Anthony we're talking about, one of the most selfish players in the NBA... He could care less about the team

Well... thats just.... your opinion, man.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Fios isn't available here in queens where i live, i literally have ZERO options.

Verizon only has phone and internet here, they will transfer you to direct tv for the time being if you want cable through them, but i live in an apt so Direct tv isn't an option either.

Tough times my dude.

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I hate when fans take credit for something they didn't have any part of.

So what if the Bulls win this year or years before? That doesn't really mean anything in relation to your basketball knowledge or player evaluation.

Makes other fans (like myself) look like fools.

lol it has nothing to do with anything. Its just that one guy that keeps acting like the bulls are the NBA

xxplayerxx23
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Tough times my dude.

the only problem with fios is you have to make depisot of like 300 dollars And the montly prices are expensive. I have TWC and stuck watching links that suck. Im just greatfull i can watch the games, I have tickets for tommorows game so Im happy about that :D

oak2455
02-09-2012, 01:15 PM

you cant get Direct? I would give them a call I'm paying 53 a month:eyebrow:

oak2455
02-09-2012, 01:17 PM

my brother in law has direct in Queens and lives in a two family ....idk if that helps I feel for you and Kash

Evolution23
02-09-2012, 01:18 PM

u sound ignorant so just close your account. No one fell of the Shumpert waggon kid. Shump is still a baller and plays very hard night in and night out. Stop being a bitter hater.

Evolution23
02-09-2012, 01:22 PM

keep hoping and pray to your god that happens. But it ain't likely.

ball4reel
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
it was stupid to say the heat are a better team without wade, and it is just as stupid to say the knicks are better without melo...Melo will differ to Lin but will still iso cause thats his game. Stat will benefit the most from Lin..

P Styles
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM

* A wild hater appears.

latinofire21
02-09-2012, 01:42 PM

My brother lives in queens and he has Fios.... Hes on the border of queens and nassau county.

BK-TY
02-09-2012, 01:56 PM
i like lin but it really does highlight how weak their other point guards are...

WHAT other point guards?? The only other true pg on our roster hasn't seen the court yet this season.

BK-TY
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM

No he won't.

sintaks12
02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Jeremy Lin is a great story. If you're a sports fan, you have to appreciate what you're seeing. If not, then you're an idiot. It's a shame that ESPN is force-feeding the masses. It's also a shame that so many threads are created about him. If the Knicks happen to lose Friday vs LA and Lin has a subpar game (compared to the past 3) he'll get strung up and be labeled a one hit wonder. Truth is, he's most likely not a top tier PG and most likely not a scrub. He's probably somewhere in between... which is still good news for Knick fans.

BK-TY
02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I thought they would get a deal done by now, but i can't hold out for much longer. :(

You should just wait dude. With the impact that Lin is having, and 'Melo and Stat's star power, they're BOUND to show A LOT more Knick games on the major b-ball networks (ESPN, TNT and NBA TV). Just watch the non-nationally televised games on the internet. I live in Va. Beach and have seen the last three Knick games on TV and I don't have MSG OR a sports pkge.

jp611
02-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Well... thats just.... your opinion, man.

You just won me over there :love:

jp611
02-09-2012, 02:21 PM
keep hoping and pray to your god that happens. But it ain't likely.

The Knicks, in no way, shape, or form scare me... Just fodder for the Bulls

KingPosey
02-09-2012, 02:27 PM

You can only play who is in front of you that day. Jury is still out, but he has been awesome this last week.

Playing equal to or better than Deron and Wall is a good job imo.

Chronz
02-09-2012, 03:33 PM

Not this year, this year they cant score

LongIslandIcedZ
02-09-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm gearing up to move into Manhattan in the immediate future. They better get this deal done soon, because I cant handle not watching this kid now. He's only gonna get better when Amar'e is back. Melo... well thats a different story altogether.

Punk
02-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow. For the last time, Melo/Amare were not the problem. The scoring WAS the problem. They both need a PG to get them the ball. Instead Melo played Point Forward all season long and nobody could hit open shots because Amare, Shumpert, Douglas, Fields are not spot up shooters.

Amare needed a PG to pick n roll with, Melo needs a PG to give him the ball on the post because he cannot do that on his own if he's playing the Point Forward position. Shumpert was a SG playing the PG position. Douglas was a SG playing the PG position.

Lin comes in as a natural pure PG and everything changes. All of a sudden the Knicks start putting up better shooting numbers. Because he is a PG that can create for his teammates. Lin with Melo and Amare will skyrocket.

So, again. I do not see what the heck is the problem now? Eveything Lin is doing is what Baron is expected to do. He'll make Amare and Carmelo alot better now. He made Tyson look like Dwight Howard the last 2 games.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 03:57 PM
You should just wait dude. With the impact that Lin is having, and 'Melo and Stat's star power, they're BOUND to show A LOT more Knick games on the major b-ball networks (ESPN, TNT and NBA TV). Just watch the non-nationally televised games on the internet. I live in Va. Beach and have seen the last three Knick games on TV and I don't have MSG OR a sports pkge.

The thing is, the NBA T.V. games are blacked out in my area for TWC customers. I have been watching the games on the internet, but its tough sometimes man. Poor links, Links going down, skipping, etc. When i have a 40 inch LED and have previously watched all 82 games in stunning HD its pretty hard to stomach the streaming sites.

Heediot
02-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm on the Lin bandwagon!

fadedmario
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Most Knicks fans on here are cool - so I don't want you guys to take this the wrong way. But why do NY Knick fans talk up there players so much? Just in the last two years, it's been Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert (big-time and it backfired), and now Jeremy Lin. The NBA is a funny league meaning a player can tear it up for a few weeks and be completely irrelevant after the league figures out their weaknesses. My guess is Lin comes back down to Earth and Knicks fans are yet again - left looking - well you know what I'm getting at. And for the record I like the Knicks - just get sick of hearing how all these role players are future superstars.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Most Knicks fans on here are cool - so I don't want you guys to take this the wrong way. But why do NY Knick fans talk up there players so much? Just in the last two years, it's been Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert (big-time and it backfired), and now Jeremy Lin. The NBA is a funny league meaning a player can tear it up for a few weeks and be completely irrelevant after the league figures out their weaknesses. My guess is Lin comes back down to Earth and Knicks fans are yet again - left looking - well you know what I'm getting at. And for the record I like the Knicks - just get sick of hearing how all these role players are future superstars.

Well, for starters, Fields is an awesome player that any team would be happy to have. Lin is all over ESPN right now, so i don't know how you can blame this on Knicks fans.

BKLYNpigeon
02-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Knicks have been playing terrible teams lately. Melo and Stat look tired. the condensed season has taken a toll on all of the players and causing Injuries.

Lin comes in a perfect time. He was on the bench all season, the guy has fresh legs!

Quietmoney
02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Knicks should trade Carmelo and Amare

Trade him for who?? Monte Ellis?? :facepalm:

Demon11
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Trade him for who?? Monte Ellis?? :facepalm:

PSD needs a sarcasm font

Quietmoney
02-09-2012, 05:41 PM
The Knicks, in no way, shape, or form scare me... Just fodder for the Bulls

Funny... they way Amare was owning you guys... I'd sure be a little scared. No Linsanity that game either. You would've lost! Anyone can take advantage of Tony Douglas right now and you guys did just that. We'll see you again...

Quietmoney
02-09-2012, 05:42 PM
PSD needs a sarcasm font

Yeah but he needed that facepalm.

Quietmoney
02-09-2012, 05:54 PM

I agree but 8-10 *** would make him a star anyway. Lol!

KnickaBocka.44
02-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Even though the second part was intended to sting, it was the accurate part (aside from winning the east twice in the 90's). People rag on the Knicks and shoot down the dreams of fans who haven't had anything to cheer about in a long time. Like kicking a man while he is down...or....

:horse:

knicks=love
02-09-2012, 08:10 PM

:clap:

Slimsim
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Don't get me started on the CUbs and Bears

D-Leethal
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM

His defense is by far the most surprising part of his game. Has great hands moves his feet and stays in front of his man, takes some charges, got stitches last night after taking a charge and within a minute of returning he took another charge.

And our D is currently ranked 9th in the NBA. Tyson has arguably been our best overall player this season, dude is a monster. Sucks our record blows because he would be getting more DPOY love

Cal827
02-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Troll Basketball:

Acquire a random player of Waivers that everyone thinks sucks

Have your two stars play like crap

Give the Waiver guy tons of minutes, since nobody expects anything, they'll just stay away from him.

Watch how he lights up opponent.

Win Game

Repeat for infinite victories.

Problem Warriors?

Punk
02-09-2012, 09:01 PM
So, I guess ESPN hyping the Lakers/Knicks game with the monologue of "Kobe looks to put on a show at Madison Square Garden against New York's rising superstar, Jeremy Lin" is apparently Knicks fans overrating their players?

Jeremy will be our Rondo. That is not overrating a player that is saying he will be a cult hero due to the fact he is asian and he is a Harvard player, nobody in Harvard has had success in the NBA.

But for the Knicks team he will be the engine that makes the offense run much like the Big 3 in Boston, so it is very valid to call him those names but people get carried away with the name vs name comparisons instead of looking at what they do for each of their teams.

We rate him for what he can do for THIS team and he is 23 years old. I understand certain and some Knick fans bring it on themselves but do not act like we don't know what we are talking about. Everyone called us dumb for overrating Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Mozgov and now they all want to tell us we should have never trade them and stats show they were NOT a product of a system.

So, Quit that, please.

oak2455
02-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Don't get me started on the CUbs and Bears

thats funnnnnnnnnnnnny:clap::clap::clap:

SportsAndrew25
02-09-2012, 10:49 PM
If Melo and Amare can play like teammates and give up the ball to their teammates to get shots, they can win.

jp611
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Did someone really say that Landry fields is an awesome player? Oh wow, Knicks fans are good

ohreally
02-09-2012, 10:54 PM

as a knick fan, i have to agree with you to a great extent. Jordan Hill, Toney Douglas, and Shumpert were weirdly and wildly overhyped. Landry too, though I think he'll be fine if the knicks actually keep moving the ball around.

But Lin is a different story. No, I don't expect he'll stay at the level of the past three games, and yes, I expect once people focus on him in game planning he will have his own adjustments to make, but the guy has talent and he's a great story. He's smart, he can penetrate and make a decision after making his move, and he has great court vision.

And he still has a lot to learn. He's the one guy I think has true potential. And at worst he should be a very good backup.

I still don't see Melo taking to the brand of ball that has allowed these past three wins though. And while Amare could stand to benefit by having a true point feeding him the ball, I think his real call for ball movement was for ball movement that centered around him.

Still a lot to be seen, but Lin is ot your standard issue Great Knick Hope.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Did someone really say that Landry fields is an awesome player? Oh wow, Knicks fans are good

Well what is your definition of awesome? He's a SOLID player, a ballhawk, who has the knack for making the right play on offense, and hustles his tail off.. Do you agree or are you just hating?

The Final Boss
02-09-2012, 11:05 PM
All I do is Lin Lin Lin no matter what...

oak2455
02-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Well what is your definition of awesome? He's a SOLID player, a ballhawk, who has the knack for making the right play on offense, and hustles his tail off.. Do you agree or are you just hating?

why bother:D

Kashmir13579
02-09-2012, 11:35 PM
why bother:D

:sigh:

Punk
02-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Lol I think these threads should be locked and Knick fans shouldn't even bother. Because it is really said that those who try and make Knick fans look bad usually end up looking worse.

"Awesome" doesn't mean, "he's a superstar" or "great" player. Fields has a great personality, he's got a cool swagger about him, he was a Top 3 rookie last season. That might be awesome to someone, it might be called a solid player to others.

Some posters should be banned for even trying to bait and create their own little ways of insulting the intelligence of fans by breaking each and every word into something that isn't even there.

I guess if I said, Lin is a humble kid. That means I'm saying he's more humble than Rose or Durant, right?

Tqafg96
02-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Lin has been playing very good but its been against fairly bad teams. We should have one those games regardless, but Lin has been playing fantastic, I really want to see how he plays against other top PGs in the league, because he played great against Williams and Wall.

jp611
02-09-2012, 11:50 PM

Definitely a solid pro, nothing more, nothing less... He's not awesome though, that's for sure

oak2455
02-10-2012, 12:03 AM
:sigh:

8 pm tomorrow Lin Mania:speechless:;)

Kashmir13579
02-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Definitely a solid pro, nothing more, nothing less... He's not awesome though, that's for sure
ok.

8 pm tomorrow Lin Mania:speechless:;)
omg :jumpy:

oak2455
02-10-2012, 12:22 AM
ok.

omg :jumpy:

its time for a sig change:eyebrow:

Confusious
02-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Lin will fall back to planet earth. They all do eventually.

oak2455
02-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Lin will fall back to planet earth. They all do eventually.

nahhhh its Lintagious:speechless::D:speechless::D:speechless:

bowdown27
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
I really want to see what he does tonight against the lakers even without amare and Carmelo. He has been playing well and played very well against Stephen a smith boy deron Williams who he thinks is the best pg in the nba. I'm a huge Knicks fan but I'm a realist and think landry has been playing very well but he is not elite and will have a hard time for most of his career with amare and melo on the team.

JayW_1023
02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Bob Sura was pretty good at times.

nycsports2
02-10-2012, 03:04 PM
i think lins gonna fit in very well and be able to get amare and melo into the spots they need hey really could be the glue to this all but well see in a month or so