PDA

View Full Version : Best Division?

OmahaDro
02-08-2012, 06:44 AM
You got the Southeast with Miami, Orlando and Atlanta.

Southwest you got Spurs, Rockets, and Mavericks.

Northwest has every team with an above .500 record.

Which division is the toughest?

I have to go with the Southeast, but the Northwest is definitly the most competitive right now.

What yallz think?

slynxpac
02-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Northwest..

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Northwest..

Northwest has the teams with no superstars but some all-stars like Aldridge in Portland, Milsap in Utah or Love in Minny.

If you're talking about elite teams with elite superstar players, I think you go with the Southwest Division (KD-Thudner, BIg3-Spurs, Dirk-Mavs).

Pacific Division with Kobe and the Lakeshow, CP3 and the Clips, Nash and the Suns, Borderline all-stars in Monta/Ellis and the Warriors, etc. That's the most amount of teams with star power and they bring an exciting brand (CLips and Suns) of basketball with the best arenas and fans atmosphere (Sac-town and GS).

OmahaDro
02-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Northwest has the teams with no superstars but some all-stars like Aldridge in Portland, Milsap in Utah or Love in Minny.

If you're talking about elite teams with elite superstar players, I think you go with the Southwest Division (KD-Thudner, BIg3-Spurs, Dirk-Mavs).

Pacific Division with Kobe and the Lakeshow, CP3 and the Clips, Nash and the Suns, Borderline all-stars in Monta/Ellis and the Warriors, etc. That's the most amount of teams with star power and they bring an exciting brand (CLips and Suns) of basketball with the best arenas and fans atmosphere (Sac-town and GS).

Thunder are in the Northwest.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Thunder are in the Northwest.

Me dummy, I'm sorry, that changes everything. Then it's a tie between Northwest and Southwest. Memphis is too good in the Southwest with the 3 Texas Teams and Stern's team.

In that regard, Pac Division doesn't compare to the other 2 west divisions.

setman2000
02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Northwest - has a legitimate contender with a couple of other legitimate playoff teams and 2 other young rebuilding teams already good enough to finish .500 or better.

Sixerlover
02-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Definitely Northwest.

BallIsAll
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Northwest. A lot of all stars and perennial all stars with great teams. Kinda scary division to be in

Baller1
02-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Last year after the two big trades and then Roy retiring, I started to think that the Northwest was the worst division. But this season they've proved to stay at the top.

NoahH
02-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Has to be the Northwest

CubZwin38
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Was thinking most would say Southeast so pleasantly surprised to see everybody picking the Northwest. I think it goes Northwest, Southwest and then Southeast. I think the two top teams in the East are better than anyone in the West but the West has 4 legitimate Championship caliber teams.

Cal827
02-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Southwest. Southeast has two abominations in their division.

JEDean89
02-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Northwest is not only the best current division in the league, but also will be going forward for a long time. OKC, DENV, PORT, UTAH and MINN are all young teams that are all over 500. This is and will be the toughest division.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Northwest for sure.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2012, 07:48 PM
I really can't believe anyone would say any division other than the NW.

YoungOne
02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
I got another question to this: did it ever happen, that all 5 teams of one division got in the playoffs?

xILLN355
02-08-2012, 07:58 PM
what division has the best win-loss ratio?

beasted86
02-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm going with the Southwest.

I really wouldn't want to face Dallas, San Antonio, Memphis, or Houston in a 7 game series if any of those teams are fully healthy.

Northwest has a bunch of teams that don't have the defense to scare anyone in the playoffs (Denver, Utah, Minnesota).

Hawkeye15
02-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm going with the Southwest.

I really wouldn't want to face Dallas, San Antonio, Memphis, or Houston in a 7 game series if any of those teams are fully healthy.

Northwest has a bunch of teams that don't have the defense to scare anyone in the playoffs (Denver, Utah, Minnesota).

you would really be scared to face Houston?

beasted86
02-08-2012, 08:11 PM
you would really be scared to face Houston?

They are the weakest team of the four, but.... to answer your question...

They have some scrappy defenders. Lowry who can be a pitbull, Dalembert, Courtney Lee who is very solid, Chandler Parsons who has been pretty good defensively. They are also one of the better rebounding teams in the league.

I always hold more weight in defense, especially in the playoffs. If I'm an elite team, I'd rather face the Jazz than the Rockets or Minnesota than Rockets of course.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2012, 11:22 PM
They are the weakest team of the four, but.... to answer your question...

They have some scrappy defenders. Lowry who can be a pitbull, Dalembert, Courtney Lee who is very solid, Chandler Parsons who has been pretty good defensively. They are also one of the better rebounding teams in the league.

I always hold more weight in defense, especially in the playoffs. If I'm an elite team, I'd rather face the Jazz than the Rockets or Minnesota than Rockets of course.

meh, fair enough, though none of those teams are worthy of fighting over.