PDA

View Full Version : Which Player Has The Most Pressure To Win An NBA Championship This Season?

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-08-2012, 06:13 AM
That's the question.

IMO, this would be my order of the NBA players that have the most pressure of winning a championship this season. I have my explanations for each player listed as well.

1. LeBron James

He's been to the NBA Finals twice already and lost. He is slowly joining that class of Baylor, Barkley, Ewing, Stockton and Malone as the greatest players that never won a ring. He has been criticized for spurning his home franchise the Cleveland Cavaliers while being known as the best player in the NBA to join a top 5 player in the NBA in Dwyane Wade, who has already won a championship and finals MVP prior to the formation of the big 3, and an all-star power forward in Chris Bosh. He made it to the finals with those two last yr, and still lost, coming up short in the process.

2. Derrick Rose

The reigning league MVP, he is only in his 4th yr, but already being named the youngest MVP. He is the 2nd superstar in Chicago Bulls history behind Michael Jordan. With all these early successes and praise at such a young age and juncture of his career, he risks of putting himself in the position that LeBron is in right now, and so if he does not win a title in these coming years, he might very well be looked at in the light that LeBron is viewed.

3. Kobe Bryant

He won without Shaq, but can he win without Phil? Not even MJ won without Phil. Kobe is trying to surpass Magic in Laker titles and trying to surpass MJ. Under his own watch, Kobe beat the Celtics for a championship, but he also lost an NBA Finals to the Celtics. By looking at the ring count, because of that finals loss, the Lakers (16) are still 1 behind the Celtics (17), and personal wise, Kobe (5) is still 1 behind MJ (6). Kobe (2) still trails Shaq (3) in Finals MVPs. His incentive is for the Lakers to tie the Celtics in overall championships, to tie MJ in championships from a personal standpoint, and to tie Shaq in finals MVPs, because Finals MVPs signify as winning the championship as THE MAN.

4. Chris Bosh

Did not have the individual success in Toronto like LeBron did in Cleveland, but he has as much pressure on himself by leaving the Raptors in 2010 free agency. He was the first guy that made that move to join D-Wade in South Beach. He needs to elevate his game in the playoffs so that he can be that 3rd legitimate superstar instead of the all-star that plays with the 2 superstars. He needs to prove that he, and not anyone else, is the best PF in the game today.

5. Carmelo Anthony

He forced his way out of Denver, took a guy with him to New York (who got disrespected and amnestied in Chauncey Billups) who helped Carmelo get out of the 1st round his only time in 2009. He came to a team that had to gut themselves out and losing great assets in Gallinari and Chandler. The Nuggets are way above .500 while Knicks are below .500 since the trade last February. He basically used the Nets as a decoy to get to the Knicks. Amare Stoudemire was playing at an MVP level before the arrival of Carmelo, and now the Knicks are vastly underperforming. Under the lime lights of New York and the media of the Big Apple and the pressure of playing at Madison Square Garden, and stating that the Knicks are HIS TEAM (Not Amare's), he has a lot of pressure to bring the city their 1st NBA Championship since 1973.

6. Kevin Durant

He is the 2x defending scoring champion, is part of a great 1-2 punch with Russell Westbrook (legitimate 2 alpha males) with an all-star in the making in James Harden. In only his 4th season, he got to the WCF. The expectations are there for the young Thunder to improve and make it to the finals. Durant wants to win a championship now. He doesn't want to simply be known as a scorer and chucker and not win anything besides just scoring titles.

lavilevi23
02-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Obviously LeBron by far.

MOST
02-08-2012, 07:02 AM
I would say heat

MOST
02-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Lebron I guess

tcav701
02-08-2012, 07:19 AM
If the Heat don't win AGAIN this year they are right up there with the Malone/Payton Lakers as the biggest disappointment in NBA history.

setman2000
02-08-2012, 08:08 AM
You know how they say there's no such thing as a stupid question? It's OBVIOUSLY Lebron and it isn't even close. Really dumb thread.

todu82
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Lebron James

LongIslandIcedZ
02-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Honestly the only answer is LeBron. From "The Decision" to self proclomation at the preseason part, combining the fact that he is the best player in the league and needed the help of two other superstars, he has to win a ring. I dont know what to compare it to, but if he goes down without a ring (which I doubt will happen) that would be an all time blunder.

Jint.
02-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Bron.

Silent
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM
no one else even compares to bron its lebron if they lose this year they will be considered a failure

cubbies7177
02-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Wouldn't it be such an incredible story to tell our kids and grandkids about if Lebron didn't win a title. I would write a kid's story about it and possibly make a Disney movie hahahahaha

"Little Johnny, the story shows that no amount of talent can make up for teamwork and hard work."

avon_barksdale
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
id say 1 is bron and the list after him would be aging dudes that dont got much time left in they careers to get one... andre miller, camby, nash come to mind

Kobe4Life
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
You know how they say there's no such thing as a stupid question? It's OBVIOUSLY Lebron and it isn't even close. Really dumb thread.

get use to it this guy has a 100 threads a day 99.9% of them are dumb

Kashmir13579
02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Always gonna be 'Bron.

ManningToTyree
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
The answer will be LeBron every season until he either gets one or retires

Pierzynski4Prez
02-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Lebron

Then somebody else. Doesn't matter who, but certainly not Derrick Rose at #2. The kid is only 23.

3mikee_
02-08-2012, 11:44 AM
LeBron gets this by far, although Rose needs to win one sooner or later same with Durant.

justinnum1
02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
obvious trolling thread...

omdigga
02-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Iman Shumpert

AKAYaReal
02-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Metta Worldpeace

TrueFan420
02-08-2012, 09:16 PM
LBJ by a mile and a half

Gritz
02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
No doubt in my mind its Javelle Mcgee

jiggin
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
heat and LBJ, he promised, what 6. He has already failed once with his homies...fail again and the jokes will be so plentiful they will probably get old.

MTar786
02-09-2012, 12:10 AM
the way i see it is pressure is mostly on lebron, then kobe, and then wade.

i say wade is 3rd because people seem to be fine with saying he won a ring. but thats not enough in my opinion. wade is trying to be remembered as one of the best SG's of all time. well i think he needs atleast 2 more rings to be considered 3rd best sg ever. Not only that.. but how can wade go down as one of the best or top 15-20 all time when he cant even win more rings with lebron who is a top 2 NBA player and bosh who is a top 15-20 player in the league WITH good role players

in my opinion wade has already proven he can win by himself, he has proven he is an all time great sg statistically. He has proven he is one of the best finals performers EVER.. now he nees the rings to solidify his legend. Not to mention wade doesnt have many years left.. especially with the type of ball he plays. I see him having only 2 more really great seasons followed by a couple average all star season. So he needs to win now more than ever.

blastmasta26
02-09-2012, 12:18 AM
It's LeBron and it's not even remotely close.

lukass
02-09-2012, 12:30 AM
The only player who has any pressure is LeBron. Then maybe Nash cuz he's so old and good. But as far a Kobe getting 6 to tie MJ ******* that it don't mean nothing MJ didn't start off his career at 17yrs old with Shaquille O'neal on his team. If MJ started with Hakeem "The Dream" on his squad and didnt retire for 2 seasons he'd have 10 rings. OK i feel better

Raph12
02-09-2012, 12:41 AM
The answer will be LeBron every season until he either gets one or retires

FTW!

Magic are the team with the most pressure to win... Win it all or lose another once-in-a-generation center.

Lakeshow24KB
02-09-2012, 12:48 AM
The only player who has any pressure is LeBron. Then maybe Nash cuz he's so old and good. But as far a Kobe getting 6 to tie MJ ******* that it don't mean nothing MJ didn't start off his career at 17yrs old with Shaquille O'neal on his team. If MJ started with Hakeem "The Dream" on his squad and didnt retire for 2 seasons he'd have 10 rings. OK i feel better

Kobe didn't have Scottie Pippen. If Kobe had dwade then he would win 10 championships as well.

Raph12
02-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Kobe didn't have Scottie Pippen. If Kobe had dwade then he would win 10 championships as well.

Most people underrate Scottie Pippen, but you just disrespected the **** out of Dwyane Wade...