PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis Scores 48 David Lee Triple Double

CityofChaos
02-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Lee 25 points 11 rebounds and 10 assists

Monta Ellis 48 points 7 rebounds and 2 assist

Curry 16 points and 10 assists

...and the warriors still lose. How the **** does that happen?

On a serious note: Will the Thunder win it all this season??? Durant MVP?

abe_froman
02-08-2012, 03:16 AM
cuz gs plays for stat padding,hates defense and trying to win

Lidz
02-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Beast, wow, cool, yeah, IDK, no & maybe.

It was a GREAT game though.

5ass
02-08-2012, 03:20 AM
they should have kept jeremy lin

asandhu23
02-08-2012, 03:23 AM

couple of bad calls. couple of stupid plays ( one by lee and one by curry )...

Monta is beast
02-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Dude come on really? It's hard enough being a Warriors fan, you gotta do this? We lost because the Thunder got the calls down the stretch, and there just a better team.

/thread

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-08-2012, 03:33 AM
they play 0 defense

KingPosey
02-08-2012, 03:34 AM
And in other news, the Warriors still lost tonight.

haha j/k

as a King's fan i know the worth of moral victories. But I dont post threads about them.

SugeKnight
02-08-2012, 03:34 AM

You obviously don't watch warrior games. The problem isn't ball-hogging; it's the lack of an inside presence who can rebound and defend the paint.

CityofChaos
02-08-2012, 03:38 AM
couple of bad calls. couple of stupid plays ( one by lee and one by curry )...

"WE ARE A NO EXCUSE TEAM"

-Mark Jackson

Bottom line is that he Warriors just arent as good as their fans think. They cant close games, rebound when it matters, or play defense to save their ***.
Besides, since when do the refs ever go easy on bad teams like GS? Until they prove to the world that they can contend with the best and not just be an entertaining scrappy team, the Warriors will always get the' Derek Fisher trips Ellis no call' treatment from the refs...its just the way it is.

SugeKnight
02-08-2012, 03:42 AM

-Mark Jackson

Bottom line is that he Warriors just arent as good as their fans think. They cant close games, rebound when it matters, or play defense to save their ***.
Besides, since when do the refs ever go easy on bad teams like GS? Until they prove to the world that they can contend with the best and not just be an entertaining scrappy team, the Warriors will always get the' Derek Fisher trips Ellis no call' treatment from the refs...its just the way it is.

No warrior fan thinks the warriors are good. We just think we're better than the kings :p

asandhu23
02-08-2012, 04:24 AM

-Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson is a fool. Great player, terrible coach a la Mike Singletary. He hasn't improved the defense at all which was why he was brought in. He doesn't even draw the plays. Mike Malone does.

Evolution23
02-08-2012, 04:24 AM
All the Warriors need is a legit center and they are good to go. Some one who can rebound and block shots because beadris isn't cutting it. Am I right Warrior fans?

D1JM
02-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Asik would be perfect for golden state. They have enough scoring that asik's lack of offense wouldn't hurt, but his defensive skills in the paint, rebounding and shot blocking could do wonders for them.

Of course, if they could get Howard, it's a no brainer

lavilevi23
02-08-2012, 04:38 AM
When you have the Refs against you, you are bound to lose.

Lim
02-08-2012, 05:21 AM

because monta ellis, steph curry and david lee are literally like the worst defenders at their position maybe in the whole LEAGUE. its hard to win games in this league if you only play one side of the ball

slynxpac
02-08-2012, 05:33 AM
They still lack something..

mjokc
02-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Dude come on really? It's hard enough being a Warriors fan, you gotta do this? We lost because the Thunder got the calls down the stretch, and there just a better team.

/thread

Oh give it a rest with that BS, you guys lost because your team does nothing but jack up 3s and play no D. Thunder were on a back 2 back tired as hell and still put you 3 point chuckers to bed. Hell KD was tired after last night's game in portland.

mjokc
02-08-2012, 06:21 AM

Hilarious coming from a heat fan.

Monta is beast
02-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Oh give it a rest with that BS, you guys lost because your team does nothing but jack up 3s and play no D. Thunder were on a back 2 back tired as hell and still put you 3 point chuckers to bed. Hell KD was tired after last night's game in portland.

Dude, you have got to be the biggest homer if you don't think you got all the calls in the second half. Durant & Harden got to the line without even being touched. And you obviously don't know what your talking about, because the Warriors are a much better defensive team this seasons then in prior seasons. It's funny that everyone else says that the Thunder were getting calls, but the lone Thunder fan. And if you didn't know, teams have a winning record on the third game of back to back to back games this season. So what does that say?

Yunqn
02-08-2012, 06:48 AM
golden state :
amare stoudemire
marcin gortat
renaldo balkman

new york knicks :
steve nash
david lee

phoenix suns :
monta ellis
ekpe udoh
toney douglas
1st round picks frm nyk & gs

who doesnt do this?

Monta is beast
02-08-2012, 06:58 AM
golden state :
amare stoudemire
marcin gortat
renaldo balkman

new york knicks :
steve nash
david lee

phoenix suns :
monta ellis
ekpe udoh
toney douglas
1st round picks frm nyk & gs

who doesnt do this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7grvmy4

Curry-Robinson
Thompson-Rush
Wright-McGuire
Stoudemire-Tyler
Gortat-Biedrins

I'm in!

NothingbutWill
02-08-2012, 07:00 AM
They lost because they just couldn't play any defense down the stretch and couldn't rebound the ball. That Durant miss should of sealed it if the Warriors rebounded the ball. The non calls are one thing but what did you expect? The Warriors never really get any calls when they play popular teams anyways. I think defense was way better when Kwame was playing and Biedrins is just horrible. 5 fouls in 13 minutes? It's like he isn't even trying anymore.

Yunqn
02-08-2012, 07:28 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7grvmy4

Curry-Robinson
Thompson-Rush
Wright-McGuire
Stoudemire-Tyler
Gortat-Biedrins

I'm in!

lol i would do this if i was gm for anyone of these teams..

if your nyk your going to have a top rebounding team, yes bad defensively but you always will be with dantoni but lee has proven to be a 20 & 10 guy with dantoni and that was without a pg..its not like amare is avg 50.. 20&10 would be better production then what amare can bring because of the way its constructed...this really becomes melo's team and you have a guy who can run dantoni's system the best.. lee will get soo many points off the pick & pop it wouldnt be funny (i.e nash & frye & lee's days with nyk)

for phx i think if you HONESTLY do want to grant nash's wishes and let him go to nyk and rebuild atleast your getting a top notch young scorer ,2 1st and young talent in return for a guy who can just walk for free.. you dont even have to keep monta ..maybe you trade him to minny for derrick williams & a filler and keep trying to build, atleast you have a big trading chip..

and i honestly think the biggest winner has to be gs.. amare played amazing alongside felton.. and that was the last time he had a good point and was the main option.. but now with curry ? i think this could "almost" rival a paul/griffin combo..not better but almost.. if you throw in gortat a talented defensive center who can run up and down.. im sold.. curry would instantly be around 18 & 9 before season's end imo .. and with thompson's potiential and still having your amnesty to use on biedrins..you can really build this team.. you would be depth & a sf away frm competing for the title imo.. i think this deal is that good depending on thompson's development..
maybe gs amensty biedrins and maybe go after gerald wallace..who knows..

Corey
02-08-2012, 12:07 PM

OKC had 25 team fouls called against them last night. Golden State had 22. Golden state attempted 2 more free throws than OKC.

There may have been a questionable call at a key moment, but the refereeing was pretty fair.

If the Warriors played a LICK of defense, none of those calls would have mattered.

Ebbs
02-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Good game though was fun to watch

PacersForLife
02-08-2012, 12:43 PM
The Warriors could be good with a legit center and more depth off the bench.

KingPosey
02-08-2012, 12:58 PM
The Warriors could be good with a legit center and more depth off the bench.

lol how insightful.

FlakeyFool
02-08-2012, 01:05 PM
You lose cause Mark Jackson is your coach

sep11ie
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Warriors thread?

shep33
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
bad calls down the stretch...but some bad defense too

Gritz
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Cuz you score less than your opponent

Lloyd Christmas
02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
The Warriors are just trying to keep their top 7 protected first rounder while raising the trade values of Lee and Monta. I personally think it's genious.

IAmARanger18
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM

Yeah pretty much.

Fnom11
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I actually thought the refs gave this that game to the Thunder.

smith&wesson
02-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Beast, wow, cool, yeah, IDK, no & maybe.

It was a GREAT game though.

wtf :laugh:

shep33
02-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Bad calls tallied up against them, however bad calls don't give up 119 points. I thought Mark Jackson was suppose to have these guys playing D?

tbone2171
02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Asik would be perfect for golden state. They have enough scoring that asik's lack of offense wouldn't hurt, but his defensive skills in the paint, rebounding and shot blocking could do wonders for them.

Of course, if they could get Howard, it's a no brainer

Who's Asik?

obie
02-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Mark Jackson is a fool. Great player, terrible coach a la Mike Singletary. He hasn't improved the defense at all which was why he was brought in. He doesn't even draw the plays. Mike Malone does.

you CAN'T be serious....

have you seen how this team has been playing the last 2 weeks? i'm impressed by how Mack Jackson has this roster playing any type of decent D. this is a whole new team.

we need to get rid of Riley and bring in someone to fix this stupid roster. tired of this ****. if Jackson had at least decent center play we'd 1-2 games over .500. lack of bigs shows every game

D1JM
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Who's Asik?

asik-bulls (http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/44466309/300.jpg)

Ano705
02-08-2012, 03:46 PM

/thread

Ehhh, the warriors lost because they don't play any defense. Sure, the stats are all there, but the warriors are known for not playing D.

mavwar53
02-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Thank you, an outsider that finally understands what is happening.

Regardless of the calls, this was the best game I've seen all year by any teams, both played at extremely high levels.

sf-fanatic
02-08-2012, 04:13 PM
That 5th foul of David Lee might be the worst call this year. Killed the momentum of the offense and the offense was ran through Lee in the second half.

Snapshot
02-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I could've swore KD dropped 33, and Russ dropped 31, plus 19 from Harden, they played a better game than GS did that's why they won. It's a shame Monta didn't hit the 50 point mark, I was really pulling for him to do so.. *sigh*

GS really does get shitted on by the refs with regularity although this game wasn't indicative of that and was called well imo, hence Monta getting numerous and 1 baskets, the same baskets that the refs usually swallow their whistles on.. smh.

Off topic.. I remember a game vs Indy a few years back, close game going down to the wire, Monta had 45 points with 6 mins remaining in the 4th and was going on a tear... he went to the hoop and converted a lay up, the whistle blew, and to my astonishment they called him for an offensive foul and fouled him out the game. I couldn't even fathom them doing that to any other star in the league, LB, Kobe, KD, and Wade would've been heading to the line with 47 with the oppurtunity to tack in on another point, but yet Monta was relegated to being a spectator and had his amazing night cut short.. hilarious to say the least, that's just a testament to how much the refs hate GS as an organization and why they will never be successful.. smh.

sf-fanatic
02-08-2012, 04:35 PM
I think that the refs should be required to do interviews like the players after a game. Some of the explanations will be pretty interesting to say the least. Bring more accountability into the refs.

shep33
02-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Refs were complete trash that game... but still they gotta play some defense and get some stops.

willabeast77
02-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Good game on Monta. But truthfully he's too inconsistent. Watch next game, he scores like 12 pts.

goldenstater
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM

-Mark Jackson

:facepalm: i was at that game. worst call ever! whats worse is ellis got the foul called on Ellis and fisher puller him down. so frustrating.

Raph12
02-09-2012, 03:18 PM
It's easy, the other team outscored them... There are two sides to the game, you guys know that right?

In one word; defense.

dh144498
02-09-2012, 03:31 PM

wtf hows that possible... those stats combined are at least 133 points.....but the final score was 119-116

PacersForLife
02-09-2012, 03:48 PM
lol how insightful.

Your welcome. :rolleyes:

Demon11
02-09-2012, 05:12 PM
The Kings are better than the Warriors and that's all i care about in a losing season! :)

TrueFan420
02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
wtf hows that possible... those stats combined are at least 133 points.....but the final score was 119-116

its 89 point together and some of the assists prob went to those 89 not just other teammates.

dh144498
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
its 89 point together and some of the assists prob went to those 89 not just other teammates.

:facepalm: mb

Bishnoff
02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Lee is having a good season.

THE MTL
02-10-2012, 12:12 AM
lol i would do this if i was gm for anyone of these teams..

if your nyk your going to have a top rebounding team, yes bad defensively but you always will be with dantoni but lee has proven to be a 20 & 10 guy with dantoni and that was without a pg..its not like amare is avg 50.. 20&10 would be better production then what amare can bring because of the way its constructed...this really becomes melo's team and you have a guy who can run dantoni's system the best.. lee will get soo many points off the pick & pop it wouldnt be funny (i.e nash & frye & lee's days with nyk)

for phx i think if you HONESTLY do want to grant nash's wishes and let him go to nyk and rebuild atleast your getting a top notch young scorer ,2 1st and young talent in return for a guy who can just walk for free.. you dont even have to keep monta ..maybe you trade him to minny for derrick williams & a filler and keep trying to build, atleast you have a big trading chip..

and i honestly think the biggest winner has to be gs.. amare played amazing alongside felton.. and that was the last time he had a good point and was the main option.. but now with curry ? i think this could "almost" rival a paul/griffin combo..not better but almost.. if you throw in gortat a talented defensive center who can run up and down.. im sold.. curry would instantly be around 18 & 9 before season's end imo .. and with thompson's potiential and still having your amnesty to use on biedrins..you can really build this team.. you would be depth & a sf away frm competing for the title imo.. i think this deal is that good depending on thompson's development..
maybe gs amensty biedrins and maybe go after gerald wallace..who knows..

Hey thats a good deal for all sides I must say. However, I just wanted to correct your bad defense statement. Knicks are actually top 10 defense in the NBA, it is just that the offense has been amongst the bottom dwellers of the league

THE MTL
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Btw, I find that ridiculous how a player can score 50pts and another one has a triple double and they still lose! Iono what to say about that one.

willabeast77
02-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Good game on Monta. But truthfully he's too inconsistent. Watch next game, he scores like 12 pts.

Ha, I was close. He only scored 14 pts. Got carried by Stephen Curry.