PDA

View Full Version : Brett Lawrie has Relapsed

StealingSigns
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Not in a Josh Hamilton sort of way. But THIS (https://twitter.com/#%21/PaigeBrendel/status/165982095481643009) surfaced a few days ago, and is making its way around the various blogs.

Funny? Perhaps to some. But to the Blue Jays brass, I doubt very much they find any humour in this.

phillipmike
02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Looking too much into it. Though i am sure the OP isnt really concerned or think it is a serious issue.

I am sure there are some people prefer that he did not take the picture, but if this is the worst thing you can dig up on the kid then i am 100% fine with that.

That being said his new girlfriend seems as smart as a pole. Your boyfriend will always be under the spotlight no matter what he does so why post something like this?

North Yorker
02-07-2012, 10:00 PM
He's 21......

StealingSigns
02-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Looking too much into it. I am sure there are some people prefer that he did not take the picture, but if this is the worst thing you can dig up on the kid then i am 100% fine with that.

It has generated some negative discussion, nonetheless. It might seem harmless to some, but think of it from the teams perspective. He is at a sporting event, having fun at a sports fans expense. The optics are not good.

Things like this (https://twitter.com/#!/PaigeBrendel/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FE8lfV2GG) picture are harmless and funny, when the fun is directed at yourself. But not when you are making fun of another person. I think the Jays will be having a quiet discussion with him, at the very least.

Twitchy
02-07-2012, 10:01 PM
It's douchey of him to do that no matter his age.

2009mvp
02-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah he's a douche, but our douche damnit. As long as we're talking about harmless stuff like this I find it pretty easy to just brush off. Also, he's still more or less a kid.

Sanyo
02-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Meh harmless -- younger people get a laugh, older people will take offense to anything a young person does -- but they all forget the **** they were doing at 21...

jaysrocksox
02-07-2012, 10:20 PM
I think it's hilarious, personally. However, considering he's seen as a representative of the team, it's a tad unprofessional.

StealingSigns
02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Put yourself in Anthony Partipilo's shoes. As the Vice President of Marketing and Merchandising, you are tasked with trying to improve the Jays brand this offseason in order to sell seasons tickets, ad revenue, etc. You already have a challenging enough job trying to sell this offseason to the casual fan, who might not understand the Blue Jays vision of building through the draft instead of spending a gazillion dollars on Yu Darvish and Prince Fielder.

All of a sudden, you are being flooded with calls as to why your starting third baseman has his thumb precariously close to a woman's exposed buttocks at a hockey game.

Yes, I understand why some here will not have a problem on this forum with what he did. But the PSD demographic is not representative of what the Jays marketing department is attempting to reach out to, which not the least is female fans. I know it is shocking, but there are very few posters on here that are female, so we are not likely to get very much of that perspective here...

Oh, and like someone else pointed out on one of the blogs: if he played for the Red Sox, every Jays fan would be exclaiming how much of an ***hat he is.

TRIUMPHATOR
02-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I understand he's only a kid, and that many of us have done a lot more stupid things at that age - possibly at risk of arrest, but the reality is that he has already had one social media mistake with that other pic. This, to me , seems he is either stupid or careless, and neither bodes well for a perceived future mlb star.

craigerlee
02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
He's 21, that's incredibly immature for that age. This is the type of thing you do in high school, at 21 a lot of people are finishing undergrad and going out into the workforce. He's employed by the Blue Jays and he now represents them, he should know to conduct himself better than this.

FlakeyFool
02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
I lol'd

Sanyo
02-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Are you guys going to stop watching the Jays cause of his actions? No, just people complaining for the sake of complaining -- yes somewhat immature and he does need to watch himself a bit more, but people making a big deal out of nothing --

PS- thats a guy I think, not a woman...and if anything that man should maybe realize the wind going down his *** crack and cover them cheeks up!

FlakeyFool
02-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Are you guys going to stop watching the Jays cause of his actions? No, just people complaining for the sake of complaining -- yes somewhat immature and he does need to watch himself a bit more, but people making a big deal out of nothing --

PS- thats a guy I think, not a woman...and if anything that man should maybe realize the wind going down his *** crack and cover them cheeks up!

This.

It's nothing

nstojic
02-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah he's a douche, but our douche damnit. As long as we're talking about harmless stuff like this I find it pretty easy to just brush off.

this.

think about it.. most pro athletes aren't the best 'people'.. the 'character guys' aren't common... I'll be concerned when it's serious things...

TRIUMPHATOR
02-07-2012, 10:58 PM

A big deal about nothing? Thats pretty ignorant. He is supposed to be a pro at this point. Does it make him a bad guy or make me stop watching? No, but it should make Jays fans wonder where does this lead to. Like I stated earlier, he already had one ****** incident, and he should've learned from that mistake. This is just another incident calling his fortitude as an individual in to question....I hope I'm wrong.

LechWalesa
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
The guy's a douche, but it doesn't affect the fact that he can play baseball. I don't really care either way: I don't have to like the guy.

bomber0104
02-07-2012, 11:15 PM
its pretty obvious that the guy is a complete douchebag but who cares... as long as he isn't going overboard with it, things will be fine..

he is 21 after all.. i'm 21 so i can't really judge him

TRIUMPHATOR
02-07-2012, 11:21 PM
its pretty obvious that the guy is a complete douchebag but who cares... as long as he isn't going overboard with it, things will be fine..

he is 21 after all.. i'm 21 so i can't really judge him

Good, somone who's the same age (I wish I still was). I ask you, if you had a screw up already with another picture of you drinking and smoking "something", would you allow this pic to hit the internet-or even pose for something like this knowing it may come back to haunt you again?

North Yorker
02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
All of a sudden, you are being flooded with calls as to why your starting third baseman has his thumb precariously close to a woman's exposed buttocks at a hockey game.

If thats a woman then I'm MC Hammer:dance:

Krylian
02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
I couldn't care less.
I could try to, but I'd be unsuccessful.

I choose my friends and I want them to be good people.

As long as Lawrie hits the snot out of the ball and isn't breaking any laws or rules within the came, then I care not.

2009mvp
02-07-2012, 11:25 PM
A big deal about nothing? Thats pretty ignorant. He is supposed to be a pro at this point. Does it make him a bad guy or make me stop watching? No, but it should make Jays fans wonder where does this lead to. Like I stated earlier, he already had one ****** incident, and he should've learned from that mistake. This is just another incident calling his fortitude as an individual in to question....I hope I'm wrong.

That's probably fair. I don't really think it's his job to worry about marketing and whatnot off the field, but this (along with the photos with the 40's duct taped to his hands that I assume you were referring to) is indicative of poor judgement. If that poor judgement shows up in a more serious situation then we might have something to worry about.

Billyen
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM

Oh crap...I thought it was a guy...that changes everything! :D

His GF is a total blonde gold digger. Not that that's a bad thing...

North Yorker
02-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Good, somone who's the same age (I wish I still was). I ask you, if you had a screw up already with another picture of you drinking and smoking "something", would you allow this pic to hit the internet-or even pose for something like this knowing it may come back to haunt you again?

No one will give a **** after his first hit this year.

Nice guys finish last anyways, good thing he's a douchebag.

TRIUMPHATOR
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Is it just me-or does no one else that these lttle screw ups may be indicative to future onfield success? As an employer, I'll tell you that its not just how you preformed today, its other little signs that give an idea of future preformance. Posting pics online in questionable scenarios would definately be one.

nithanyo
02-07-2012, 11:38 PM
we shoulda done the pineda trade while we had the chance lol

Billyen
02-07-2012, 11:40 PM
If thats a woman then I'm MC Hammer:dance:

Everyone...GO HAMMER...GO HAMMER...GO!

Yo Hammer...don't hurt em'. It's hammer time!
Aaaah...the early 90's.

Ok...I got that out of my system...I feel better. :)

Billyen
02-07-2012, 11:45 PM
He is supposed to be a pro at this point. Does it make him a bad guy or make me stop watching? No, but it should make Jays fans wonder where does this lead to. Like I stated earlier, he already had one ****** incident, and he should've learned from that mistake. This is just another incident calling his fortitude as an individual in to question....I hope I'm wrong.

Don't worry...once we sign Manny...he'll straighten the kid out.

"No Brett...you put the finger closer and make a big kissy face!"

StealingSigns
02-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Don't worry...once we sign Manny...he'll straighten the kid out.

"No Brett...you put the finger closer and make a big kissy face!"

haha I laughed at this.

(The rest of my post is not directed at you Billyen)

Look, I guess my point is, while you may not be offended (personally I have seen more shocking things on the internet ;) ) this is not something to be taken lightly by Jays brass. It's all fine to say that he is 21 and all, but don't tell me for one second he hasn't been raked over the coals for similar pictures in the past.

If it was my buddy Joe Blow at a Phoenix Coyotes game, I would probably laugh. It would be a non issue, and not seen by several 100k ppl on Twitter.

That is not the case. Brett Lawrie should probably hit up Pavel Bure for his media coach...

2009mvp
02-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Is it just me-or does no one else that these lttle screw ups may be indicative to future onfield success? As an employer, I'll tell you that its not just how you preformed today, its other little signs that give an idea of future preformance. Posting pics online in questionable scenarios would definately be one.

That's going wayyy too far. Ballplayers aren't generally the brightest group on the planet, translating a dumb decision off the field into on-field performance is a stretch to say the least.

haha I laughed at this.

(The rest of my post is not directed at you Billyen)

Look, I guess my point is, while you may not be offended (personally I have seen more shocking things on the internet ;) ) this is not something to be taken lightly by Jays brass. It's all fine to say that he is 21 and all, but don't tell me for one second he hasn't been raked over the coals for similar pictures in the past.

If it was my buddy Joe Blow at a Phoenix Coyotes game, I would probably laugh. It would be a non issue, and not seen by several 100k ppl on Twitter.

That is not the case. Brett Lawrie should probably hit up Pavel Bure for his media coach...

Well that's totally unfair. He's a ballplayer, nothing more nothing less. There's absolutely no reason to be holding him to a higher standard than the rest of us.

Sanyo
02-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Its funny a picture like this causes a stir, yet alot of the same people advocate to bring Manny f'n Ramriez like he's a God -- beats his wife, takes illegal drugs, disrespectful to teammates -- and the same people whine about Lawrie giving a thumbs up to an *** crack? Come on guys get your priorities straight, can't have it both ways -- if you dont like Lawrie's antics thats fine, but then you cant also demand for a guy like Manny to come to Toronto who's got worse baggage...

And besides again if this is the worst of Brett Lawrie I'll take it -- there's much much worse he could be doing...much worse...

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Well that's totally unfair. He's a ballplayer, nothing more nothing less. There's absolutely no reason to be holding him to a higher standard than the rest of us.

If I was caught doing that, I would be fired from my job. My licence would be suspended, if not revoked. Yes, there are repercussions for things like this in the corporate world...

Sanyo
02-08-2012, 12:30 AM
If I was caught doing that, I would be fired from my job. My licence would be suspended, if not revoked. Yes, there are repercussions for things like this in the corporate world...

Corporate world and the sports world are two wayyyy different things.

Not to say your not talented, but your more replaceable to your company than Brett Lawrie would be for the Jays...

craigerlee
02-08-2012, 12:34 AM

Not to say your not talented, but your more replaceable to your company than Brett Lawrie would be for the Jays...

I think your missing the point. He's saying there's repercussions to conducting yourself this way. What's to the say the Jays don't suspend him for a few games for this? They sent LoMo down to AAA for things he said on twitter.

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 12:35 AM

What?? Are you for real? Rogers Corporation is, well... If you can't figure it out, I don't know what to tell you.

No I'm not ;)

Tmath
02-08-2012, 12:39 AM
As long as he comes into camp in shape and plays good baseball I don't give a **** what he does in his offseason.

2009mvp
02-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Your license would be suspended for pointing at an asscrack? That seems...excessive. Can't imagine any of our employers would be happy to see something like that, but let's try to keep exactly what he did in perspective here. It was dumb, but in the grand scheme of things harmless.

Sanyo
02-08-2012, 12:40 AM
I think your missing the point. He's saying there's repercussions to conducting yourself this way. What's to the say the Jays don't suspend him for a few games for this? They sent LoMo down to AAA for things he said on twitter.

Fair enough but I highly doubt they would send him down if he did similar stuff like this a 100 more times...Lawrie is about to become the star of this franchise (and potentially the MLB), I think Rogers can have a talk with him about some of the childish acts, but I seriously dont see them sending Lawrie down to AAA unless its on-field performance related (or a really bad attitude, which in this instance is not the case).

Sanyo
02-08-2012, 12:47 AM
In fact for every person who gets offended by this, there's another person who would probably give Lawrie a high-five -- either way the man can't lose...

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 12:53 AM
@ Sanyo, actually I take the ;) back.

It is totally comparable.

I work for a corporation that has a quarter billion dollar budget, and has 2000 people on the payroll.

My position is important. My boss has told me several times that I am very important to the corporation, integral to use her exact words. Am I delusional? No, if I engaged in behaviour that besmirched the corporations reputation, I would be replaced. It would be difficult for them to replace me, they would have to do some head hunting as I work in a position where my skillset is a rarity in the province of Ontario right now, but I don't have a gun to their head guaranteeing my immunity from discipline.

Do you see where I am going here?

In fact, I could make the argument it is easier to turf Lawrie than myself. If they wanted to get rid of me, I couldn't be traded to another corporation. In fact, they would have to compensate me while I looked for my next gig.

:shrug:

(haha I just wish I could be compensated like Brett Lawrie :) )

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Your license would be suspended for pointing at an asscrack? That seems...excessive. Can't imagine any of our employers would be happy to see something like that, but let's try to keep exactly what he did in perspective here. It was dumb, but in the grand scheme of things harmless.

I agree, but I'm not the one who makes the rules.

2009mvp
02-08-2012, 12:57 AM

For pointing at an asscrack?!? C'mon. LoMo got sent down for a number of reasons, for no-showing a fan appreciation event, for tweeting about the organization after being warned by the front office, and to top it all off for hitting .240 something. None of those things is as trivial as taking a dumb photo.

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 01:00 AM
For pointing at an asscrack?!? C'mon. LoMo got sent down for a number of reasons, for no-showing a fan appreciation event, for tweeting about the organization after being warned by the front office, and to top it all off for hitting .240 something. None of those things is as trivial as taking a dumb photo.

Yeah, he ain't getting sent down to AAA for sure.

But, you can bet he will be hauled in on some level.

Sanyo
02-08-2012, 01:01 AM
@ Sanyo, actually I take the ;) back.

It is totally comparable.

I work for a corporation that has a quarter billion dollar budget, and has 2000 people on the payroll.

My position is important. My boss has told me several times that I am very important to the corporation, integral to use her exact words. Am I delusional? No, if I engaged in behaviour that besmirched the corporations reputation, I would be replaced. It would be difficult for them to replace me, they would have to do some head hunting as I work in a position where my skillset is a rarity in the province of Ontario right now, but I don't have a gun to their head guaranteeing my immunity from discipline.

Do you see where I am going here?

In fact, I could make the argument it is easier to turf Lawrie than myself. If they wanted to get rid of me, I couldn't be traded to another corporation. In fact, they would have to compensate me while I looked for my next gig.

:shrug:

(haha I just wish I could be compensated like Brett Lawrie :) )

Wasn't trying to insult you bud, just saying as rare as your skills might be, Lawrie is a celebrity -- celebrities get treated differently no matter how important you think you are -- its why even ceo's can't get away with murder but OJ Simpson can.. again Im not condoning what Lawrie was doing in the picture, but it certainly would not get him fired from the Jays and any team would be only so happy to take him if the worst thing he did was this.

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Wasn't trying to insult you bud, just saying as rare as your skills might be, Lawrie is a celebrity -- celebrities get treated differently no matter how important you think you are -- its why even ceo's can't get away with murder but OJ Simpson can.. again Im not condoning what Lawrie was doing in the picture, but it certainly would not get him fired from the Jays and any team would be only so happy to take him if the worst thing he did was this.

I know you aren't insulting me, and as ludicrous as the scenario I have painted may be, the corporate world views this kind of thing through flow charts, mission/vision/value statements etc. Rogers Corp is not immune.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had a policy and procedure on how not to interact with a fans exposed derriere while attending a hockey game in Phoenix, AZ on a Saturday night...

JermanJaysFan
02-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Guys, it is pretty clear that this behaviour won't really offend anyone on these boards. There is probably a valid argument that no one in society should really care that Brett did this.

But that's not the point here. The point is that, for better or for worse, there ARE people that get upset by these antics. There ARE people who will view Brett, the Jays, and even Rogers in a different light. It is unfortunate that people have to be so sensitive to this stuff, but fact of the matter is- they are. And so, even if in the eyes of Brett (and maybe even the majority of ball fans) there is no problem with this- he still should have known better. Whether he likes it or not, the kid is in the spotlight. Whereas if one of us took this pic and put it on Facebook, we might get one conservative aunt chiding us for being immature. But for Brett, those days are over, and every one of his actions will get interpreted and analyzed by thousands of people, many of whom might not see his actions through the same lens we/Brett do.

BlueJaysFan
02-08-2012, 01:20 AM
The title made me **** my pants lol

Dol-Fan
02-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Guys, it is pretty clear that this behaviour won't really offend anyone on these boards. There is probably a valid argument that no one in society should really care that Brett did this.

But that's not the point here. The point is that, for better or for worse, there ARE people that get upset by these antics. There ARE people who will view Brett, the Jays, and even Rogers in a different light. It is unfortunate that people have to be so sensitive to this stuff, but fact of the matter is- they are. And so, even if in the eyes of Brett (and maybe even the majority of ball fans) there is no problem with this- he still should have known better. Whether he likes it or not, the kid is in the spotlight. Whereas if one of us took this pic and put it on Facebook, we might get one conservative aunt chiding us for being immature. But for Brett, those days are over, and every one of his actions will get interpreted and analyzed by thousands of people, many of whom might not see his actions through the same lens we/Brett do.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

PJ Awesome
02-08-2012, 01:41 AM
ALWAYS thought of him the person as a douche, so it doesn't matter much to me

nithanyo
02-08-2012, 03:13 AM
hopefully the guy in the pic sees it and decides to jump on a treadmill

PJ Awesome
02-08-2012, 04:04 AM
I believe that's a female^

Billyen
02-08-2012, 07:24 AM

I laughed hard for 5 minutes on that....could be the funniest thing I've ever seen on these forums.

"don't tick me off officer...see that fat ***?....I'll point...I WILL....don't make me do it!!!!"

"Put the finger down....or we'll taser you!"

craigerlee
02-08-2012, 08:01 AM

I'm more so talking about it as a body of work, the Brett 40 hands and now this do tend to add up. I wasn't implying he was gonna be sent down, I was pointing out that players from time to time get disciplined for acting like idiots. Also the spot light is starting to shine on him and people are gonna be looking for more confirmation that he's a douche bringing more of these minor antics to light which will be a distraction eventually. The most likely consequence is that he may have to issue a statement of apology.

nstojic
02-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Is it just me-or does no one else that these lttle screw ups may be indicative to future onfield success?

wrong word... look up the definition, I think you meant something else

kanersen
02-08-2012, 08:27 AM
If it was Brett Lawrie's girlfriend that first put this picture out there, he needs to find a girl with a bigger brain. While it is a tasteless picture to put himself in, I'm sure he intended it to be kept private and assumed his girlfriend had enough common sense to realize this.

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 08:50 AM
I laughed hard for 5 minutes on that....could be the funniest thing I've ever seen on these forums.

"don't tick me off officer...see that fat ***?....I'll point...I WILL....don't make me do it!!!!"

"Put the finger down....or we'll taser you!"

I'm not talking about my drivers license...

town123
02-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Seems to me that Rogers can use this picture for a drug awareness campaign aimed at kids. What kid wouldn't laugh and learn from this picture.

Brett Lawrie says; 'Kids, say NO to crack.... unless it's *** crack!

Big Hurt
02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Nothing to see....move along

ehMase
02-08-2012, 10:01 AM
If it was Brett Lawrie's girlfriend that first put this picture out there, he needs to find a girl with a bigger brain. While it is a tasteless picture to put himself in, I'm sure he intended it to be kept private and assumed his girlfriend had enough common sense to realize this.

Bingo. Cluelessness.

And kids do this stuff all the time. Hell, even grown past their prime men do this stuff to get a laugh. It shouldn't be a big deal, but, considering the microscopic society we live in today.. it almost inevitably will. Not saying it's right either, cause it isn't. Anyway, he should know better, he'll get a slap on the wrist, apologize, and we'll all move on.

Next up.. Texas mickey strapped to his back. :clap:

Ace Drivers
02-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Really 4 full pages debating this? Murderers are revered...how many women did Wilt the Stilt sleep with 10,000? Rapists are given second, third and fourth chances...baseball is a sport where if you hit more than 30 HR's you're probably taking something you shouldn't...more wife beaters than I care to count...

Really?!? Let's get some perspective...was it in poor taste, sure...should he be more careful, definitely...but if this is all we have to worry about we're in good shape. If we are so concerned with the marketing nightmare this will create...how about we stop talking about it and feeding the fire? We're the ones making it an issue...

And for the record, I think it's a dude...and two he probably knows the guy seeing as he was sitting in a box with him! So he very well could have been making fun of a buddy...which is 100% allowed in the bro code!

Krylian
02-08-2012, 11:49 AM
What if the woman wanted a picture of Lawrie pointing at her crack and it was just a pose. Maybe it looks like a Mona Lisa smile.

What a bunch of prudes.

phillipmike
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Really 4 full pages debating this? Murderers are revered...how many women did Wilt the Stilt sleep with 10,000? Rapists are given second, third and fourth chances...baseball is a sport where if you hit more than 30 HR's you're probably taking something you shouldn't...more wife beaters than I care to count...

Really?!? Let's get some perspective...was it in poor taste, sure...should he be more careful, definitely...but if this is all we have to worry about we're in good shape. If we are so concerned with the marketing nightmare this will create...how about we stop talking about it and feeding the fire? We're the ones making it an issue...

And for the record, I think it's a dude...and two he probably knows the guy seeing as he was sitting in a box with him! So he very well could have been making fun of a buddy...which is 100% allowed in the bro code!

X2 agreed.

Can someone close this. This has no baring on the team and it will just cause problems for no good reason.

If Lawrie gets suspended or the team acts on this picture then maybe we can open another thread. But this is a non-story that is not going to end well.

mike_noodles
02-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Well whatever the op linked, it has now been removed from twitter.

Sadds The Gr8
02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
page doesn't work....what'd he do?

phillipmike
02-08-2012, 03:15 PM

There was a fat guy sitting at a Coyotes game and you can see his crack. Lawrie took a picture behind his back giving it a thumbs up without the guy knowing.

He should be suspended!:)

Krylian
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought it was a fat woman.

rapsjaysfan88
02-08-2012, 04:04 PM
useless/pointless thread, as long as lawrie is jacking homers, doubles and triples and playing great d at the skydome I could care less what he does on his personal time. he could be a part time porn director for all I care. this whole tmz generation is pretty sickening, let athletes be athletes and people be people without judging.

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 04:55 PM

http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/2012/02/brett-lawrie-twitter-day-takes-ugly.html

mtf
02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
I thought it was pretty funny, and I prefer athletes with a real personality rather than the type who give the boring old lines like "we're going to give 110% tonight".

Sadds The Gr8
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
There was a fat guy sitting at a Coyotes game and you can see his crack. Lawrie took a picture behind his back giving it a thumbs up without the guy knowing.

He should be suspended!:)
Lol ppl are making a big deal outta this?

Shifty1 69
02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Lol, so Brett Lawrie is an insensitive douche.... Who could have seen this coming?:rolleyes::facepalm:

As long as becomes an all- star stud I don't care if he cooks kittens in microwaves. Ok so maybe I would care about that since he'd go to jail, lol. Point stands nonetheless.

Halladay
02-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Could it be...Willrain?

Kelly Gruber
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Lol, so Brett Lawrie is an insensitive douche.... Who could have seen this coming?:rolleyes::facepalm:

As long as becomes an all- star stud I don't care if he cooks kittens in microwaves. Ok so maybe I would care about that since he'd go to jail, lol. Point stands nonetheless.

With ya right up until the kittens part... Just no lol...

But yeah, over-blown. As someone that is from the same area of the world as Brett, I know exactly the type of dude he is. Lots of guy from the Lower Mainland have that kind of attitude. Some would describe as "douchey," but they're all usually good guys too. Maybe easier for me to relate to him.

Having said that, if he's going to be the face of this franchise one day, the juvenile stuff needs to go away. No place for it in pro sports if you want to be a leader and star out there. Don't care if you're 22 or 32. He'll mature though. I'm not worried at all.

Sanyo
02-08-2012, 07:31 PM
I think I was mentioning this yesterday to a few people that most arent going to care as long as he's doing well -- some people got offended, hey it happens but I think I was aware something like this wasnt such a big deal ...

PJ Awesome
02-08-2012, 08:31 PM
The pic just got taken down

Jamiecballer
02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
he's a douche but he's our douche

nstojic
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Could it be...Willrain?

that's awesome! (that's awesome!)

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Lol ppl are making a big deal outta this?

The people who sign his paycheck most assuredly are.

Actually, he had made great strides from his minor league days with his last organization. There was some debate on this forum as to whether he would be a PITA for the Jays when he was traded here, otherworldly talent aside.

Could it be...Willrain?

That would explain the hard time discerning what that bleacher creature is.

But yeah, over-blown. As someone that is from the same area of the world as Brett, I know exactly the type of dude he is. Lots of guy from the Lower Mainland have that kind of attitude. Some would describe as "douchey," but they're all usually good guys too. Maybe easier for me to relate to him.

Having said that, if he's going to be the face of this franchise one day, the juvenile stuff needs to go away. No place for it in pro sports if you want to be a leader and star out there. Don't care if you're 22 or 32. He'll mature though. I'm not worried at all.

My point exactly when I created this thread.

I think I was mentioning this yesterday to a few people that most arent going to care as long as he's doing well -- some people got offended, hey it happens but I think I was aware something like this wasnt such a big deal ...

And what happens if he goes into a major sophomore slump? His actions will certainly not help him...

The pic just got taken down

It will be interesting to see if his employer had anything to do with that...

he's a douche but he's our douche

Great, give the dirtbag fans from the other teams a reason to rag on us for having a douche player as the future face of the franchise. Yankees fans will have a quick comeback to Jays fans calling their third baseman "A-Roid" when they can counter with "Lawrie sure had his thumb up his *** on that play"

StealingSigns
02-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Speaking of Twitter...

https://twitter.com/#!/jcecil27/status/167047295001571328/photo/1

I'm not saying Lawrie needs to become this, btw :laugh2:

Joking aside, Cecil does look a lot trimmer than last season. Perhaps it is the slimming affect from the hearts pattern on his apron...

Billyen
02-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I thought it was a fat woman.

Ok...this is getting serious.

M/F? Can we add a poll?

StealingSigns
02-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Ok...this is getting serious.

M/F? Can we add a poll?

Yup.

craigerlee
02-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Speaking of Twitter...

https://twitter.com/#!/jcecil27/status/167047295001571328/photo/1

I'm not saying Lawrie needs to become this, btw :laugh2:

Joking aside, Cecil does look a lot trimmer than last season. Perhaps it is the slimming affect from the hearts pattern on his apron...

Considering Cecil seems to have a kitchen related accident every offseason, I sure hope Lawrie doesn't become this as we need him in the lineup.

StealingSigns
02-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Considering Cecil seems to have a kitchen related accident every offseason, I sure hope Lawrie doesn't become this as we need him in the lineup.

:cheers:

Forgot about that...

nstojic
02-09-2012, 09:14 AM

becoming a dad will do that to you.. we'll see once lawrie gets married and has kids....

OT: :laugh2: at cecil wearing his pitching bifocals around the house :D

Billyen
02-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Yup.

I was kidding but...OK.

I think it's Pat from SNL.

town123
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
How come in the poll there isn't an option to pick Shim?

StealingSigns
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
becoming a dad will do that to you.. we'll see once lawrie gets married and has kids....

OT: :laugh2: at cecil wearing his pitching bifocals around the house :D

Does he play 'Wild Thing" while he is mixing the cake batter, in an attempt at channeling his inner Ricky Vaughn?

Nothing says "winning" quite like making a Thomas the Train cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrl4U4eIJU

Jay
02-10-2012, 04:23 AM
This is a really loose clubhouse. It has me worried at times, but let's take the group of guys for who they are.

AA09-?
02-14-2012, 10:21 AM
This is a really loose clubhouse. It has me worried at times, but let's take the group of guys for who they are.

Exactly the reason why Manny was a bad idea. A lot of influential young men in the clubhouse.

wagnall
02-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Kid will be kids and men will be men. When Lawrie matures into man hood he'll be looking back at this as WTF was I doing. Lots of young guys, this is when you need a guy like Bauts in your dressing room to keep these guys focused.

nstojic
02-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Well, he's at it again.. but this time, I can't even look the other way, he's gone too far! (too far!)

StealingSigns
02-15-2012, 04:46 AM
Well, he's at it again.. but this time, I can't even look the other way, he's gone too far! (too far!)

Oh for crying out loud!! Danielle had the perfect chance back then to choke some sense into him!

Halladay
02-15-2012, 05:23 AM

I heard he also works for the KGB

TRIUMPHATOR
02-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Kid will be kids and men will be men. When Lawrie matures into man hood he'll be looking back at this as WTF was I doing. Lots of young guys, this is when you need a guy like Bauts in your dressing room to keep these guys focused.

Kids? He is a man. I don't know what you were doing but I had several employees at that age. I don't want I expect more then this at his age with his media attention profile.

wagnall
02-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Kids? He is a man. I don't know what you were doing but I had several employees at that age. I don't want I expect more then this at his age with his media attention profile.

Fair point, looking back now I had over 1400 employees and many were in thier early 20's and I expected the same professionalism from them as I did my senior management. I think I miss spoke there. Getting old, forgot what it was like, but you are right he is an adult, and should act like one esp. when your every move is being watched and judged. :) :cheers:

nstojic
02-15-2012, 07:04 PM

guys, it's not an excuse but we've seen this in pro athletes forever.. they don't mature at the same rate.. their lives are all about their sport, growing up.. it's how they achieve the success and defy the odds, they do... I find that these guys start to sound 'different' in interviews once they marry and have kids.. I think that's the only thing that will mature lawrie... until then, we've got to accept the bad with the good... besides, he's not a true bad boy ala manny :D

Shifty1 69
02-15-2012, 07:53 PM

Calling him an insensitive douche is hardly the insult I make it out to be... In fact I have a fawtie duct taped to my hand as I type and if it were me in that picture I would have probably had my tongue near the crack.... He is a kid and a dude, that's life. We all do stupid chit especially when we are young and dumb.... It's just that pictures of me in a tiara with my nutsack hanging out on someone else's Facebook isnt going to cause a nationwide stir lol. True story. :)

wagnall
02-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Calling him an insensitive douche is hardly the insult I make it out to be... In fact I have a fawtie duct taped to my hand as I type and if it were me in that picture I would have probably had my tongue near the crack.... He is a kid and a dude, that's life. We all do stupid chit especially when we are young and dumb.... It's just that pictures of me in a tiara with my nutsack hanging out on someone else's Facebook isnt going to cause a nationwide stir lol. True story. :)

How do I get on your Facebook? LOL :o

nstojic
02-16-2012, 12:24 AM
found this.. (found this..)

AA09-?
02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
found this.. (found this..)

:laugh2:

Shifty1 69
02-16-2012, 10:34 AM
guys, it's not an excuse but we've seen this in pro athletes forever.. they don't mature at the same rate.. their lives are all about their sport, growing up.. it's how the achieve the success and defy the odds, they do... I find that these guys start to 'different' in interviews once they marry and have kids.. I think that's the only thing that will mature lawrie... until then, we've got to accept the bad with the good... besides, he's not a true bad boy ala manny :D

I am 34, I have a wife and 2 great young girls, a great job and take care of all of them to the best of my ability.... but to this day when you put me at a hotel at the Falls for my softball provies or out for a boys weekend anywhere.... if cameras followed me around there would be lots of innappropriate moments.

I once took a picture while pushing a baby stroller up a rather steep incline at the Toronto Metro Zoo cause the plus size lady in the uber-tight lime green stretch pants had a toony sized poop stain in the back that I could see from 30 feet.... I didnt chase the woman down, show her the picture and laugh at her, the picture was for a quick laugh with the people i was with and no damage done. Pretty sure this picture of Lawrie was never intended to be made public either. Its not like he tapped her on the back and insulted her or dropped a pencil in her crack for laughs. lol:D

nstojic
02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
I am 34, I have a wife and 2 great young girls, a great job and take care of all of them to the best of my ability.... but to this day when you put me at a hotel at the Falls for my softball provies or out for a boys weekend anywhere.... if cameras followed me around there would be lots of innappropriate moments.

I once took a picture while pushing a baby stroller up a rather steep incline at the Toronto Metro Zoo cause the plus size lady in the uber-tight lime green stretch pants had a toony sized poop stain in the back that I could see from 30 feet.... I didnt chase the woman down, show her the picture and laugh at her, the picture was for a quick laugh with the people i was with and no damage done. Pretty sure this picture of Lawrie was never intended to be made public either. Its not like he tapped her on the back and insulted her or dropped a pencil in her crack for laughs. lol:D

I don't have the kids, yet but 29 and I take the same approach to life :D I love being the guy who can keep things lighthearted..

wagnall
02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
In grade 5, I came home with a report card highlighting that **** prefers to be called the class clown, got a fine whipping from Dad. When I grew up I said I would never do that to my kids and just let them go and helped them along the way to find the right path.
I'm mid 50's and my kids all followed my class clown till they were in thier 20's. Now they are all successful and HAPPY. Its just the way it is?

10 years back or so before phones became cameras and U Tube and Twitter, I'm sure stuff like what Lawrie did was delt internally and probably would have been not even heard of. But now you can't hide from anything esp. in the public eye.

Lets hope he's learned that he is not invisible, EVER, and lets all move on! :)