PDA

View Full Version : The Refs are NOT screwing your team over!!

Nick O
02-07-2012, 06:47 PM
this is something that has made me laugh and :facepalm: for ages now. i frequently visit many game day threads from different teams forums on this site (my raptors forum included so im not picking on anyone in particular) .. and its getting really old how you can barely go 10 posts without someone claiming the refs are intentionally screwing them over. people stating the refs are fixing games because they dont get calls -.- .. its getting kind of annoying. no refs are fixing these games... no refs are out to just screw over your team and the NBA certainly doesnt have it out for your team.. this thread is kinda pointless and yes i see the irony in me complaining but its getting sad.. refs will blow calls. in fact they do it alot. but shut up they dont have a personal hate out on your team and they will make calls in your favor in other games. .. deal with it..

vent over :p

jiggin
02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
this is something that has made me laugh and :facepalm: for ages now. i frequently visit many game day threads from different teams forums on this site (my raptors forum included so im not picking on anyone in particular) .. and its getting really old how you can barely go 10 posts without someone claiming the refs are intentionally screwing them over. people stating the refs are fixing games because they dont get calls -.- .. its getting kind of annoying. no refs are fixing these games... no refs are out to just screw over your team and the NBA certainly doesnt have it out for your team.. this thread is kinda pointless and yes i see the irony in me complaining but its getting sad.. refs will blow calls. in fact they do it alot. but shut up they dont have a personal hate out on your team and they will make calls in your favor in other games. .. deal with it..

vet over :p

drink more koolaid man, you are the type of fan that allows them to get away with bad calls over and over again. You are the type of fan that believes the all-star players should get away with a different set of rules compared to other players on the floor.

You are wrong, and people are starting to not only take notice but also call the NBA out on it, so much so they created a website to try and show when they are right, when they are wrong and why....

People have to challenge the NBA because they won't allow the players, coaches or owners too or they take money away from them.

Its getting worse and worse, and to turn a blind eye too it makes no sense, unless you want to keep allowing the game to get less and less attractive and competitive.

ChitownSports16
02-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Stfu and get a live

Nick O
drink more koolaid man, you are the type of fan that allows them to get away with bad calls over and over again. You are the type of fan that believes the all-star players should get away with a different set of rules compared to other players on the floor.

You are wrong, and people are starting to not only take notice but also call the NBA out on it, so much so they created a website to try and show when they are right, when they are wrong and why....

People have to challenge the NBA because they won't allow the players, coaches or owners too or they take money away from them.

Its getting worse and worse, and to turn a blind eye too it makes no sense, unless you want to keep allowing the game to get less and less attractive and competitive.

lol okay explain this to me.. i have more than once watched a game lets say (total example) the bulls are playing the Pacers... i have been in the bulls forum after a blown call and they will say the refs out to get them and ****ing them over.. blown call the other way i will go to the pacers forum and see the exact same comment claiming the refs are screwing the pacers over.... explain how that works?

Nick O
Stfu and get a live

life*

lakers4sho
the nba is a business, some people have a hard time grasping that idea

DLeeicious
02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
uhhh yeah they are, why else would the Bulls not be undefeated?

Nick O
02-07-2012, 07:13 PM
uhhh yeah they are, why else would the Bulls not be undefeated?

lol ya thats one of the worst forums for that

Sofnr
02-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Agreed. The NBA doesn't have an agenda. The refs don't get every call right. The home crowd can clearly have an impact on some calls. Star players do get star treatment. But thats just the way the game is. It's been that way for a long time. There is no conspiracies. Anybody who thinks the refs are really out to get their team needs to get their head examined.

Nick O
02-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Agreed. The NBA doesn't have an agenda. The ref's don't get every call right. The home crowd can clearly have an impact on some calls. Star players do get star treatment. But thats just the way the game is. It's been that way for a long time. There is no conspiracies. Anybody who thinks the refs are really out to get their team needs to get their head examined.

thank you.. yes i will 100% agree star players get treatment which makes sense its something you have to earn. besides that refs **** up... they just do . sometimes ya it will hurt your team but somewhere else in the season it will help your team. no agenda 100% agree

D1JM
02-07-2012, 08:00 PM

All star calls? Rose was the MVP and he still gets pushed from behind, hacked, etc going to the lane and only avgs 5 ft per game for his career.

valade16
02-07-2012, 08:02 PM
In regards to the Donahue scandal - are you claiming he made it up? Pulled all of that out of his ***? It seems a little crazy that he could make that much stuff up.

I think if given the chance the NBA will definitely try to peddle it's best teams (I'm still not sure what to think about the Chris Paul dealings), but whether that extends to out and out cheating, I'm not sure.

Also, if you believe the conspiracy about MJ then you have to believe the NBA is capable of backdoor dealings.

For me it really would not surprise me if it was proven that the NBA was in fact cheating for its best teams, but I'm not necessarily convinced at this point in time that they are.

Nick O
02-07-2012, 08:06 PM
In regards to the Donahue scandal - are you claiming he made it up? Pulled all of that out of his ***? It seems a little crazy that he could make that much stuff up.

I think if given the chance the NBA will definitely try to peddle it's best teams (I'm still not sure what to think about the Chris Paul dealings), but whether that extends to out and out cheating, I'm not sure.

Also, if you believe the conspiracy about MJ then you have to believe the NBA is capable of backdoor dealings.

For me it really would not surprise me if it was proven that the NBA was in fact cheating for its best teams, but I'm not necessarily convinced at this point in time that they are.

lol that wouldnt make much sense because i keep seeing these comments alot from Bulls,Lakers,Knicks,Cletics and Thunder fans.. in fact the good teams are where i see most of this complaining coming from fans of the good teams.

Heediot
02-07-2012, 08:12 PM
So y'all think Donaghue is the only ref that cheats? C'mon mang, he is the only one that got caught.

Nick O
02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
So y'all think Donaghue is the only ref that cheats? C'mon mang, he is the only one that got caught.

Donaghy had a betting addiction and cheated in games only to benefit himself.. one of those games i remember cost toronto a win. hes an isolated case and most people complain the NBA is fixing these games. this guy had a problem and bet to help himself not the league

D1JM
02-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Donaghy had a betting addiction and cheated in games only to benefit himself.. one of those games i remember cost toronto a win. hes an isolated case and most people complain the NBA is fixing these games. this guy had a problem and bet to help himself not the league

And he called out other refs too. Some weren't using it for monetary reasons but for their own enjoyment. Wallace couldn't even look at the red without getting a T. Than you have dwill, wade, lebron etc that get away with a lot of stuff when Wallace couldn't even stare at them. Or is that another isolated case?

valade16
02-07-2012, 08:26 PM

So then my question is why did he implicate so many other Refs? Why did he tell very specific stories on when and how they rigged games? You'd figure a guy crying wolf would just be crying out how the league made him do it, not providing multiple examples across many years where the stats eerily back up his assertions.

I'm not saying I for sure believe him, I am saying it is enough proof to warrant a deeper investigation.

ACanadian
02-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I pitty these people who think the refs are f#&king them up, like common "Mang" get real and enjoy the fact you have a championship contending team....

Heediot
02-07-2012, 08:29 PM
So then my question is why did he implicate so many other Refs? Why did he tell very specific stories on when and how they rigged games? You'd figure a guy crying wolf would just be crying out how the league made him do it, not providing multiple examples across many years where the stats eerily back up his assertions.

I'm not saying I for sure believe him, I am saying it is enough proof to warrant a deeper investigation.

The few percentage points in BRI they gained during the lockout goes to the FBI.

asandhu23
02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Fans of losing teams: NBA is rigged

Fans of winning teams: You mad?

Heediot
02-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I pitty these people who think the refs are f#&king them up, like common "Mang" get real and enjoy the fact you have a championship contending team....

I don't complain about the refs. I don't think anything in life where there is big money or power involved can fully be trusted. There will always be people out for their own interests no matter what the segment of society - sports, science, religion, politics. Just as there are good people in this world you try to do things for the improvement of the world or something bigger than themselves.

D1JM
02-07-2012, 08:39 PM

What does that have to do with anything? Refs will make mistakes all the time, It's part of the game. However, to say that the refs aren't biased blah blah blah .. Yeah right. They are humans, not machines

jiggin
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah all stars get calls is part of the game...wow that is sad that some of actually believe that is ok. What other pro sport is like that? The NFL? No. They have used instant replay to make sure calls are made right.

Its sad that nba "fans" think this bias of the rules is ok. Looks like the nba corporation has got you. After all it is a business and making sure the fan favorites get different better treatment makes money...from fools that think its "part of the game" and ok.

jiggin
02-07-2012, 08:50 PM

You obviously haven't read his book or done any research on his situation. You show you know nothing about the subject with your response.

ACanadian
02-07-2012, 08:51 PM
What does that have to do with anything? Refs will make mistakes all the time, It's part of the game. However, to say that the refs aren't biased blah blah blah .. Yeah right. They are humans, not machines

^These are the people I pitty^ I understand people makes mistakes on missed calls, it happens to me all the time (Im a cutter after all ) but im addressing the people who think refs are paid big bucks to rig games..... read my post better next time btw.

Gritz
02-07-2012, 08:59 PM
We're human (refs included)

I find it hard to believe that anybody (refs included) can just contain the bias that lies in all of us

I am sure they used to root for certain teams when they were younger, heck some probably still do so it may make it a little easier to missing a traveling violation or a slap against the wrist, I don't say that they are "out to get my team" when it happens I usually say they're "cheating" but that's usually because it's been a bunch of bad calls or no calls and my team seemed to have been on the wrong side of all of those

However when the next game comes around, I don't even remember who the ref was or what the calls were

kozelkid
02-07-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm not gonna say the NBA is rigged.

But if you think there aren't star calls or that refs don't show favoritism to some players and dislike to others, then you're INCREDIBLY naive.

Heediot
02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
^These are the people I pitty^ I understand people makes mistakes on missed calls, it happens to me all the time (Im a cutter after all ) but im addressing the people who think refs are paid big bucks to rig games..... read my post better next time btw.

It doesn't have to be the refereeing populace as a whole it could be a select few of these refs. There will always be crooked people among society. However, if you feel better sleeping at night thinking there's no corruption in the nba or wherever else you desire then so be it.

ACanadian
02-07-2012, 09:05 PM
We're human (refs included)

I find it hard to believe that anybody (refs included) can just contain the bias that lies in all of us

I am sure they used to root for certain teams when they were younger, heck some probably still do so it may make it a little easier to missing a traveling violation or a slap against the wrist, I don't say that they are "out to get my team" when it happens I usually say they're "cheating" but that's usually because it's been a bunch of bad calls or no calls and my team seemed to have been on the wrong side of all of those

However when the next game comes around, I don't even remember who the ref was or what the calls were

Exactly, BUT.. im pretty sure they get interviewed that question, they have to have a certain level of "liking a team" I guess I can call it...

Sinestro
02-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm not gonna say the NBA is rigged.

But if you think there aren't star calls or that refs don't show favoritism to some players and dislike to others, then you're INCREDIBLY naive.

This

ACanadian
02-07-2012, 09:10 PM
It doesn't have to be the refereeing populace as a whole it could be a select few of these refs. There will always be crooked people among society. However, if you feel better sleeping at night thinking there's no corruption in the nba or wherever else you desire then so be it.

They get interviewed! IM pretty damn sure that will act as a strainer and will get the professional refs on the floor, now David Stern rigging games, that another story

ACanadian
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
welcome to: http://ai.vc/zd

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

http://ai.vc/zd

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

http://ai.vc/zd

These are the people that make me wana go back to Raptors Republic.....

scaramantula
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
star players get different treatment then other players, that's fixing,

so yes the refs are screwing people over its just not a team bias its a player bias

Nick O
02-07-2012, 09:27 PM
giving star players special treatment isnt right but its not rigging a game.. every ref does it. they shouldnt. but they do. thats different then calling or not calling something because they are trying to get one team to win

Dramedy
02-07-2012, 09:28 PM
The refs don't hate the Knicks, but god does.

Tmath
02-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Refs are suspect, but it is what it is.

scaramantula
02-07-2012, 09:50 PM
giving star players special treatment isnt right but its not rigging a game.. every ref does it. they shouldnt. but they do. thats different then calling or not calling something because they are trying to get one team to win

it is rigging the game it makes it unfair for the less skilled players, and teams.

good players are already better so why do they need help, they may not be trying to help one team win but they are.

bklynny67
02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
thank you.. yes i will 100% agree star players get treatment which makes sense its something you have to earn. besides that refs **** up... they just do . sometimes ya it will hurt your team but somewhere else in the season it will help your team. no agenda 100% agree

:facepalm: it makes sense that star players get the calls over other guys? thats so ridiculous! seriously, you're dumb if u think thats ok.

Nick O
02-07-2012, 09:59 PM
:facepalm: it makes sense that star players get the calls over other guys? thats so ridiculous! seriously, you're dumb if u think thats ok.

treatment.. not special treatment.. they will get a foul call other guys wont because they have the respect

giventofly
02-07-2012, 10:01 PM

What's that website?

zn23
02-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I am guessing the OP must be a closet Thunder fan....

scaramantula
02-07-2012, 10:10 PM
treatment.. not special treatment.. they will get a foul call other guys wont because they have the respect

they also get non existent calls, consistently, while someone could be taken out by lebron and no one would blow a whistle.

if these players are so good why do they need the special treatment? if anything it just makes me think they can't handle real competition unless they get whatever they want even if its against the rules

Green Storm
02-07-2012, 10:14 PM
David Stern is screwing over the Lakers

Nick O
02-07-2012, 10:14 PM
I am guessing the OP must be a closet Thunder fan....

nope.. raptors.. and i see it in my forum too and ive told my fellow fans to stop complaining about it too...

Nick O
02-07-2012, 10:16 PM
they also get non existent calls, consistently, while someone could be taken out by lebron and no one would blow a whistle.

if these players are so good why do they need the special treatment? if anything it just makes me think they can't handle real competition unless they get whatever they want even if its against the rules

the non existant calls are stupid ya.. Lebron gets them all the time which is pretty dumb.. BUT i do believe better players earn some more respect from refs but giving them "special" calls is stupid

Nick O
02-07-2012, 10:16 PM
David Stern is screwing over the Lakers

:laugh:

Sactown
02-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Other then the 2002 WCF I don't think it's been that bad

Sactown
02-07-2012, 10:21 PM

Sactown
02-07-2012, 10:30 PM

asandhu23
02-07-2012, 10:33 PM

alright alright. we get it.

Sactown
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM

I'm just making sure ;)

Nick O
02-07-2012, 10:49 PM

lol

jiggin
02-08-2012, 12:14 AM
What's that website?

http://www.nba.com/official/

Nick O
02-08-2012, 12:56 AM
http://www.nba.com/official/

what exactly is this trying to prove?

jiggin
02-08-2012, 01:33 AM
what exactly is this trying to prove?

he asked what website the NBA talks about messing up calls ect...

I answered.

why are you digging for a fight on this topic, do you work for the NBA PR department or something? You defend the refs like you are one...LOL

Go back to drinking the kool-aid. And when your done with this topic you can take on the "fact" that this country isn't run by the corporations...LOL

:facepalm:

Cal827
02-08-2012, 02:32 AM
You must have not seen the OKC-GS game. GS got screwed harder than Jenna Jameson in a 50 man orgy.

John Walls Era
02-08-2012, 02:33 AM
You must have not seen the OKC-GS game. GS got screwed harder than Jenna Jameson in a 50 man orgy.

Never seen that one before. PM me ;).

heyman321
02-08-2012, 02:35 AM

LMAO! Uh the 2006 Finals? The 2007 Suns-Spurs series?

Monta is beast
02-08-2012, 02:40 AM
Warriors have been screwed over three times this season.

BULLSFAN0810
02-08-2012, 02:48 AM
giving star treatment....this imo means, not calling fouls on star, our baling them out when no foul is apparent.

Giving home team advantage...imo means, letting teams be over aggressive, our in some cases teams punished for being over aggressive.

These two above, are the main reason why people think the nba is fixed.it is apparent that their is star treatment...basically its cheating.of remember watching shaq a few times with 5 fouls commit an obvious foul as the refs swallowed the whistle.hell, the refs meet before the game to discuss eb and flow..basically how to control the tempo..but I could be wrong, but that guy donague or who ever, didn't help..and spoke on some peculiar games people openly had issues with and it want just home team fans, it was fans of different teams complainingabout those few set of games.

Tmath
02-08-2012, 02:50 AM
^
^ Raptors get screwed every game.

iFYouSeekAmy
02-08-2012, 02:53 AM
They should really do something about the officiating. The refs in the backcourt, or standing the farthest away from the basket always call it wrong. those are always the game changers.

Tmath
02-08-2012, 02:55 AM
giving star treatment....this imo means, not calling fouls on star, our baling them out when no foul is apparent.

Giving home team advantage...imo means, letting teams be over aggressive, our in some cases teams punished for being over aggressive.

These two above, are the main reason why people think the nba is fixed.it is apparent that their is star treatment...basically its cheating.of remember watching shaq a few times with 5 fouls commit an obvious foul as the refs swallowed the whistle.hell, the refs meet before the game to discuss eb and flow..basically how to control the tempo..but I could be wrong, but that guy donague or who ever, didn't help..and spoke on some peculiar games people openly had issues with and it want just home team fans, it was fans of different teams complainingabout those few set of games.

Another one I often see is when a star player clearly fouls but they charge it to their closest team mate instead.

More-Than-Most
02-08-2012, 03:07 AM

David Stern is that you?

Monta is beast
02-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Yeah well the Warriors don't get star treatment or home court advantage ever. Ellis gets clobbered 30% of the time he goes to the rim, and they hardly ever call fouls. I mean, it's not fair. I'm not trying to sounds like a *****, but like Bob Fitzgerald said. The Thunder are good enough, there going to get calls on top of that. It really has been the difference in the Warriors season. If fair calls were made, the Warriors would be 12-11 right now, instead of 8-14.

ghettosean
02-08-2012, 03:19 AM

I hate to disagree with a fellow raptors fan but I think you are completely wrong. I think the officiating is rigged. Yes they make calls but they favor superstar players heavily and as a raps fan you should see this night in and out with certain players but....

If you don't think the officiating is rigged how bout you ask my buddy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajcY_MJHLng

Officiating is not rigged as much as Stern rejected the CP3 trade to the lakers because he thought it was a bad deal.

Woodrow
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I disagree. I don't think it is "fixed" and I don't think they are "out to get my team" but I strongly believe that they'll do what they can to help certain teams. The money makers like LA, Boston, Miami, etc. The star treatment drives me nuts. I've seen Kobe in a refs face yelling, but other players give a ref a dirty look and they get t'd up. One statement that i hear from a local announcer all the time that drives me nuts, but almost proves my point is "your not going to GET that call as a rookie". I've heard it from national guys a few times too. If a rookie doesn't get a call, no one should and vice versa.

MagicHero3
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
does no one remember that ref who was fired for gambling on games? games HE refereed?? how can you NOT suspect every ref associated with him? Most of them do it, he just got caught.

Nick O
02-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I hate to disagree with a fellow raptors fan but I think you are completely wrong. I think the officiating is rigged. Yes they make calls but they favor superstar players heavily and as a raps fan you should see this night in and out with certain players but....

If you don't think the officiating is rigged how bout you ask my buddy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajcY_MJHLng

Officiating is not rigged as much as Stern rejected the CP3 trade to the lakers because he thought it was a bad deal.

lol i watch every game... i dont see anything close to drastic enough to suggest they refs are trying to make us lose.. i mean were losing because we suck lol

Kashmir13579
02-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes they are.

Kashmir13579
02-08-2012, 06:38 PM
The refs are inconsistent with respecting a team on their home court, they are inconsistent with star calls, and they are inconsistent with make-up calls. I ****ing hate the NBA refs, but i will say they are better than college refs.

Lakers + Giants
02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Lakers get screwed every game, i guess that's a way for making up for 02. . . :sigh:

sep11ie
02-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Joey Crawford says hi.

smith&wesson
02-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Stfu and get a live

ya man get a "live" dude lol :facepalm:

life*

super star calls have gotten out of hand though dont you think bro? other then that i agree with you.

gaughan333
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
The superstar and earning a call stuff has got to go imo. A foul is either a foul, or it isn't.

pd7631
02-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Violet Palmer should be fired, she is not fit to be a NBA referee

jiggin
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Violet Palmer should be fired, she is not fit to be a NBA referee

she is only employed to keep the woman's rights groups off the nba. When they threatened the NBA with a law suit, her and Dee Kanter were brought in during the 1998 season if I remember right...with Kanter leaving to head the WNBA soon after.

This is a perfect example of how the NBA functions...

jiggin
02-08-2012, 10:33 PM
The superstar and earning a call stuff has got to go imo. A foul is either a foul, or it isn't.

exactly

kdspurman
02-08-2012, 11:32 PM
I agree. When your team is struggling it's easy to point at the refs. There are some bad calls no doubt, like the goaltending call in the Blazer/Thunde and game. Blazer fans are all upset and rightfully so, but maybe look at the teams late game execution and realize it should'nt have come to that.

I'm one to say that was a horrible call and get pissed, but I don't put the blame on refs. I go back to "oh that guy missed a layup", or "how did we give up those 2nd chance points". Even if the officiating is bad, teams can over come that by executing and hitting shots, and being aggressive, not throwing fits, getting T's. It makes it look worse to the fans too cause they start thinking "the game is fixed"