PDA

View Full Version : NBA Admits to Blown Call - Why Even Admit to it?

goblazers7
02-07-2012, 06:40 PM
NBA.com/official is the website run by the NBA that tells fan reasoning behind calls referees make.

This just makes me more angry. Like what can we do about it now? Why even admit to it.

Does this mean the game shouldn't count?

The Blazers probably would've won this game as they were up by two.

This thread is more of an update on the last thread I started - but with a different discussion.

jiggin
02-07-2012, 06:45 PM
it does nothing...blazers up by 2 with 4 seconds left on the clock. ref blows call that ties the game...

...nba admits after the fact that they were wrong yet the thunder still get the W...

...nba is so ****ing corrupt, its sad. To top it off, aldrige and nate both asked for it to be reviewed but it was ignored. 2 plays prior to the blown call, the ball was tipped out of bounds by a thunder player, nate argued and it was not reviewed. Next play, the one prior to the blown goaltending call, the ball again was tipped out by what appeared to be a blazers player but a thunder player was there too...they reviewed that one and gave the ball to the thunder.

Refs gave thunder the win at the end of the game...very obvious if you were watching or at the game.

Nba admitting it was wrong on the call does nothing but saves face for them. why not fix your ****ing refs and their horrible calls this year. Its getting very very obvious there is a different agenda on the floor during games across the league. If there is an all-star on the floor, they get the call 9 times out 10 no matter what team it is...

we have all "known" this for some time, but now its just blatant. Read Tim Donaghy book, it all makes so much sense. He was disgraced and said to be money hungry for writing it, but so was Canseco for his book and look, most turned out to be true.

ElFuturoDeESPN
02-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Mike Wilbon just said it himself... "Blazers got hosed."

Nick O
02-07-2012, 07:01 PM
i think you have to realize we get the privledge of instant replay... in real time things are WAY WAY WAY harder to call.. take the Jim Joyce call for example.. the play last night was pretty close if your looking at it from the wrong angle in real time.. its not an easy job you know. **** happens

beasted86
02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Things like goaltending should be reviewable in the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter... but by referee decision only.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Simple answer to the OP's question:

To save face from the Tim Donaghy Scandal that tarnished the NBA's image in the summer of 2007.

Nick O
02-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Simple answer to the OP's question:

To save face from the Tim Donaghy Scandal that tarnished the NBA's image in the summer of 2007.

so your saying.. they are trying to save face for the donaghy scandal by... apologizing for a questionable call in whats relatively a meaningless game... in 2012? .. wheres the logic there?

jiggin
02-07-2012, 07:18 PM
How is the game meaningless. Both teams are playoff bound...

Nick O
02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
How is the game meaningless. Both teams are playoff bound...

exactly.. in the big scheme of things what is it gonna do? .. now you can quote my comment and if the Blazers miss out on home court by half a game ill apologize.. in all it doesnt mean all that much. i said it was sorta meaningless anyway

Trace
02-07-2012, 07:31 PM
So when the NBA actually tries to be transparent, you criticize them too...? Gotta love the fans.

mjokc
02-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I really don't understand what Portland fans are whining about. LMA was grabbing KD's arm all the way to the basket, so it should have been two FTs instead of a goal tending call. OKC got 10 more fouls against them that game and Portland shot more FTs. Why are Portland fans crying about refs? You got the most calls.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
so your saying.. they are trying to save face for the donaghy scandal by... apologizing for a questionable call in whats relatively a meaningless game... in 2012? .. wheres the logic there?

It doesn't matter when it happened, and no, from the perspective of the NBA, you can't treat a regular season game as (meaningless), because if something like that happens in the playoffs, the NBA can revert back to (well, we've made the mistake before during a regular season game and we admitted our mistake). It's a safety net and a way to show that the league is not rigged and will admit when the wrong call is made at the time.

mavwar53
02-07-2012, 08:25 PM
deal with it, the warriors have had a blown call at the end of the game this year in which the NBA said they missed the call, tied 91-91 with 7 seconds left George Hill kicks the ball for a steal, takes it in for the game winning layup.

There have been many more in which the warriors have lost in the last few seconds cause of blown calls this year, I don't see threads started about it.

Really who gives a S-H-I-T.

soonabooma
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
It's okay, they missed about 10 foul calls that we should have gotten anyway, and they weren't even close either, they were clear cut fouls, so I guess it all evened out.