PDA

View Full Version : Iverson being heavily recruited....by teams in Puerta Rico

spreadeagle
02-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Save your money NBAers
Allen Iverson’s NBA prospects have been rendered virtually non-existent, but there’s a report out today via Yahoo! Sports indicating that The Answer could possibly end up taking his talents to Puerto Rico: “Iverson’s business manger Gary Moore has talked with Puerto Rico officials, and the league’s teams are discussing a bidding process to woo Iverson. The Puerto Rican league, which starts its 30-game season in March, pays its stars about $20,000 a month, plus living expenses, sources said. The league’s commissioner is selling Iverson on the chance to work his way back to a possible return to the NBA. The league is hoping to convince Iverson to take a trip to the island and look closer at the possibility. Since Iverson returned from an ill-fated stay in Turkey last season, it’s unclear if he has had much, if any, interest among professional leagues outside the NBA. The Puerto Rican league sees Iverson as a potential ticket seller and iconic addition. In recent years, the league has been a landing place for players trying to return to the NBA. The Caciques de Humacao team recently signed former NBA players Rashad McCants and Ike Diogu for the 2012 season.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/report-allen-iverson-being-recruited-by-league-in-puerto-rico/

CHANGO
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Puerto Rico

He probably already finished, if he want to play in Puerto Rico. Anyway, if that happens, I would pay to see a game. He remains Iverson. I'm sure that there will be many like me here so the team that get him is gonna increase their profits.

AI
02-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Where is this Puerta Rico you speak of?

Oski H
02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
This guy was a selfish player for whatever reasons coming down to the end of his career. Until he is willing to accept a bench role on a contending team or play for team that statistically sucks he will not ever play in the nba.

Rivera
02-07-2012, 02:11 PM
ill be watching him tear up the PR league :nod:

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Allen Iverson is simply trying to fill in Carlos Arroyo's shoes as the next Puerto Rico basketball phenom.

29$JerZ
02-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Puetra?

LAKobeBryant
02-07-2012, 08:11 PM
he's broke he needs the money thats why he wanted to come back to the NBA and be a bench player

Daunter
02-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I might go see him play

justOmazing
02-09-2012, 11:24 AM
He has played overseas because he refused to come off the bench... he is one of the single most selfish players to plya the game IMO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4035415

After almost 3 years of complete denial and crazy behavior, he FINALLY decided that coming off the bench for Boston would be a good fit, but they didn't want his selfish attitude and declined talents on their team.... hence the rumor that he might need to try playing in Puerto Rico or somewhere else.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2011/11/13/place-celtics-bench-would-sit-well-with-iverson/LDorQ6AI3QaDAfEOZA6S3M/story.html

3RDASYSTEM
02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
JUSTOMAZING go sit down somewhere cause last time i checked no top 3 scorer is ever told to come off the bench the very next season..refusing to come off the bench for STUCKEY/CONLEY is not selfish or being a cancer and if they are so damn good and franchise type why didnt they receive the 95milliion xtension ROSE just got or the 80mill$ RUDY GAY signed for? yet they signed for 24&45million respectively and got the nod over the best individual player of his era..no less than top 3...i would be upset also if i went to a 24win team and got my HOF career put on hold for a 'developing avg player' and before that had to deal with this STUCKEY obsession DUMARS had...i think it was a method to AI's madness

U mean to tell me he fell off that bad in 6months after the 2008 season after avg 26.4ppg and 7apg and 2spg? if people go back and look at what really happen its quite comedy...KB probably wasnt a top 5 scorer last yr and avg only 22ppg against MAVS and i bet nobody asked him to come off the bench this season...so why IVERSON?

Kobe2324
02-09-2012, 12:00 PM
I love Iverson, and would love for an NBA team to give him a chance, even my Lakers...but unfortunetly he burned too many bridges at a time when his play wasn't the greatest. His love for the game is unbelievable and matched by very few in this league. As much I would love to see him comeback I think it's time to hang them up cause no GM will risk taking on this aging ego. Sad Story really...