PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Thomas

The_Jamal
02-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Nope not the one you're thinking of.

I'm talking about the 60th pick in the draft and the tremendous impact he's made already for the Kings. He reminds me of a modern day Bobby Jackson with his balls to the wall play style and it's really cool to see a guy be an effective NBA player by out-working everyone on the floor. He's worth watching if you ever catch yourself's watching the Kings

NateyB24
02-07-2012, 03:25 AM
Nice to see him doing well thought his height would be a major problem coming out wish he would of came back for his last year at UW.

John Walls Era
Numbers for those who don't watch the Kings?

CityofTreez
Love this kid, and he brings intensity off the bench.

He's playing really great as of late, and he's really living up the title of "Mr. Irrelevant".

Sixerlover
02-07-2012, 03:26 AM
There's a lot of ballers in Washington, I knew he'd be a pretty good pro eventually, just not so soon. I caught some Kings games during the free league pass era, and was wondering where he was good to see that he's catching on and playing big.

What's up with the end of this draft? Between Lavoy Allen, Andrew Goudelock, Josh Harrelson, Isiah Thomas, and Vernon Macklin the bottom 15 players are getting more PT then a lot of the 1st round guys. Interesting.

Sadds The Gr8
02-07-2012, 03:30 AM
I liked watching him in college. I'm glad he's playing well.

There's a lot of ballers in Washington, I knew he'd be a pretty good pro eventually, just not so soon. I caught some Kings games during the free league pass era, and was wondering where he was good to see that he's catching on and playing big.

What's up with the end of this draft? Between Lavoy Allen, Andrew Goudelock, Josh Harrelson, Isiah Thomas, and Vernon Macklin the bottom 15 players are getting more PT then a lot of the 1st round guys. Interesting.

Yea it is interesting. It's probably because those guys were all seniors so they're well prepared for the NBA game.

The_Jamal
02-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Numbers for those who don't watch the Kings?

His stat-line isn't all too impressive (7ppg, 2.2 assists on 37% FG, 33% 3pt in 16 mpg) but he's really a player you need to see live to understand the impact he brings to a team. I'd say Isaiah has been a major part of 7 of the 9 Kings wins this season just by being a pure energy/hustle guy and changing the pace of the game. He's for sure one of the quickest guys in the NBA, and he knows how to use that quickness to not get bullied on defense and blow past people offensively. As I said before, think of his ceiling somewhere along the lines of a Bobby Jackson

John Walls Era
02-07-2012, 03:42 AM
Is this the kid whose father was a huge Lakers fan, but named his son Isaiah because he lost a bet? Apparently he hated the Pistons too.

sunsfan88
02-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Sacramento has so many good guards! Jimmer, Evans, Thornton, Thomas, etc!

FarOutIos
02-07-2012, 05:07 AM

Not sure why Goudelock fell so far... I had him slotted as a late first round pick. His college stats and his combine numbers were great. I think he is a solid player... just hated seeing where he ended up...

PleaseBeNice
02-07-2012, 05:37 AM
I love Zeke! Dude can ball!

killaT
02-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Not a huge fan, I really liked Jerome Randle from Cal who did just as much or more for his team back in college. Randle also stayed 4 years, Thomas stayed 3 at UW.

The reason why Thomas is so effective in the NBA is because hes a quick left handed guard. Jerome Randle can do just as much but a short and quick right handed guard with no hops isn't as effective as a short and quick left handed guard in the NBA.

If u dont believe me, watch randle here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSFyOjU1hI0&feature=fvwrel

Theres a reason why the Kings drafted Isaiah Thomas and released their backup Pooh Jeter... Thomas is more effective off the bench because hes left handed and can go the other way..

juanxzjp
02-07-2012, 06:51 AM
:clap: http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=2

DerekRE_3
02-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Not a huge fan, I really liked Jerome Randle from Cal who did just as much or more for his team back in college. Randle also stayed 4 years, Thomas stayed 3 at UW.

The reason why Thomas is so effective in the NBA is because hes a quick left handed guard. Jerome Randle can do just as much but a short and quick right handed guard with no hops isn't as effective as a short and quick left handed guard in the NBA.

If u dont believe me, watch randle here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSFyOjU1hI0&feature=fvwrel

Theres a reason why the Kings drafted Isaiah Thomas and released their backup Pooh Jeter... Thomas is more effective off the bench because hes left handed and can go the other way..

I liked Randle too, but he's not even in the NBA right now.

DerekRE_3
02-07-2012, 11:15 AM
His stat-line isn't all too impressive (7ppg, 2.2 assists on 37% FG, 33% 3pt in 16 mpg) but he's really a player you need to see live to understand the impact he brings to a team. I'd say Isaiah has been a major part of 7 of the 9 Kings wins this season just by being a pure energy/hustle guy and changing the pace of the game. He's for sure one of the quickest guys in the NBA, and he knows how to use that quickness to not get bullied on defense and blow past people offensively. As I said before, think of his ceiling somewhere along the lines of a Bobby Jackson

Despite his field goal percentage he still has a PER of 15.7, which is pretty good for a rookie, especially for a 60th pick. His last 5 games he's put up 10 points, 3 assists, and 2 rebounds in 20 minutes per game.

The biggest impact Thomas has had is bringing the Kings back in the fourth quarter this season. He seems to have done it more than any other King. Some of his highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPT39quuKfk&list=UUSgFigczGdNMilV1K23JgUQ&index=6&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33jFlmrNyVA&list=UUSgFigczGdNMilV1K23JgUQ&index=22&feature=plcp

CityofTreez
02-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Isiah Thomas accomplished more at Washington than Jerome Randle did at Cal. Thomas and Pondexter advanced far into the Tourney a few years ago. No way Randle put up a better college career than Thomas.

killaT
02-08-2012, 05:41 AM
Isiah Thomas accomplished more at Washington than Jerome Randle did at Cal. Thomas and Pondexter advanced far into the Tourney a few years ago. No way Randle put up a better college career than Thomas.

No factual evidence at all to back it up. I might have to just murder this one..

First of all, theres no way Thomas accomplished more at Washington than Randle did at Cal. Thomas played alongside Pondexter to advance to the sweet 16 sure, but Randle played alongside no future NBA prospects and played Duke in round 2 in 2010 where they were eventually crowned the NCAA Tournament Champions.

No way Randle put up a better college career than Thomas? smh please.
First of all, Randle stayed 4 years in school while Thomas stayed 3. He's done all he could for this team and in his college career while Thomas still had the opportunity to stay 1 more season to further his draft stock for 2012 but he decided to skip his senior season.

Next, umm.. what did Randle do his last two seasons at CAL? yeah 18-5 while Thomas was 16-6? While Randle shot above 45% his last two seasons, and while Thomas shot below 45% his entire college career. Randle was a career 87% FT shooter in his 4 years while Thomas was a career 71% FT shooter in 3 years.

Yes, these two have very similar game, but theres not an argument you can say to why Thomas had a better college career than Jerome Randle. But hey im not hating on Thomas, he got drafted and Randle didnt, and thats all that matters at the end of the day. My reason being is because teams want a short left handed quick guard which is why the kings released Pooh Jeter who was another tiny backup pointguard for the kings last season. The only difference is... Thomas can go left which brings more versatility to the team.

Please have some factual evidence to back it up next time..

MackShock
02-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Good post Killa,

i do agree Randle did more for Cal, since he basically played with nobody, and he's an inch shorter. Thomas is good too, his years at UW he led them to a better conference record than Cal. But you have some good points in defending Randle.

DerekRE_3
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Aaaaand who cares. Thomas is contributing to an NBA team. Jerome Randle is contributing to a D-League team. Scoreboard.

DerekRE_3
02-22-2012, 02:54 AM
In this first 3 starts:
20 points 6.7 assists 5 rebounds 53% FG 56% 3PT 100% FT

Has a PER of 16.51 this season. Has played well for most of the season and as of late is getting a key role on the Kings. In his second NBA start he flirted with a triple double with 23 points, 11 assists and 8 rebounds. He also went head to head with Kyrie Irving that game and outplayed him.

Not bad for Mr. Irrelevant.

CityofTreez
02-22-2012, 03:04 AM
No factual evidence at all to back it up. I might have to just murder this one..

First of all, theres no way Thomas accomplished more at Washington than Randle did at Cal. Thomas played alongside Pondexter to advance to the sweet 16 sure, but Randle played alongside no future NBA prospects and played Duke in round 2 in 2010 where they were eventually crowned the NCAA Tournament Champions.

No way Randle put up a better college career than Thomas? smh please.
First of all, Randle stayed 4 years in school while Thomas stayed 3. He's done all he could for this team and in his college career while Thomas still had the opportunity to stay 1 more season to further his draft stock for 2012 but he decided to skip his senior season.

Next, umm.. what did Randle do his last two seasons at CAL? yeah 18-5 while Thomas was 16-6? While Randle shot above 45% his last two seasons, and while Thomas shot below 45% his entire college career. Randle was a career 87% FT shooter in his 4 years while Thomas was a career 71% FT shooter in 3 years.

Yes, these two have very similar game, but theres not an argument you can say to why Thomas had a better college career than Jerome Randle. But hey im not hating on Thomas, he got drafted and Randle didnt, and thats all that matters at the end of the day. My reason being is because teams want a short left handed quick guard which is why the kings released Pooh Jeter who was another tiny backup pointguard for the kings last season. The only difference is... Thomas can go left which brings more versatility to the team.

Please have some factual evidence to back it up next time..

Oh.....You murdered me!

Keith Smart needs to keep getting this guy more minutes. Only 2 turnovers on the road in Miami after logging 36 minutes. Salmons needs to keep sitting, and Thomas needs to keep playing. Tyreke may not be accustomed to the SF position, but Salmons is just that bad!

DerekRE_3
02-22-2012, 03:13 AM
Is Jerome Randle dropping 20+ points a game in the D-League?

CityofTreez
02-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Yeah. Put up a career high in points with the Maine Red Claws last night.

Bulls_fan90
02-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Is this the kid whose father was a huge Lakers fan, but named his son Isaiah because he lost a bet? Apparently he hated the Pistons too.

That's right. I remember them talking about it on draft night.