PDA

View Full Version : Which big market team = Biggest laughing stock in the NBA?

CityofChaos
02-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Relax Knicks Im not here to bash the Knickerbockers..

The team that im thinking of:

Wasted their amnesty on Charlie Bells expiring contract and waived Jeremy Lin in hopes to land Deandre Jordan....and ended up empty handed.

An organization whose owner and coach still believe their team can make the playoffs with Monta Ellis as their savior.

To make things worst, if they DONT make the playoffs but arent bad enough to hit the lottery, then they are likely to lose their lottery pick to the Utah Jazz (#7 protected)in a draft that will be very very good.

btw--they traded their first round pick for marcus williams back in 2008 and now its come to haunt them. :facepalm:
1 playoff appearance in 17 years...WOW.

bholly
02-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Can't see this thread going well. I think everyone agrees their management has been awful. What good comes from going on about it?

asandhu23
02-07-2012, 02:40 AM
to be fair, 16 of those 17 years were under a different owner. Chris Cohan was a piece of ****. He was also behind Marcus Williams fiasco.

Mark Jackson is an idiot. he's full of it. everyone knows we are not making the playoffs and the way he is coaching, I think he has orders from the bosses to tank for a high draft pick. No team plays the bench for the whole 4th quarter no matter how good they are doing.

Lacob says he is trying but he hasn't done ****. no improvement on defense. offense has been slow down. no rebounding. Couldn't even haul in DeAndre Jordan.

abe_froman
02-07-2012, 02:41 AM
yeah,they been screwed over by management for years ,but fans still turn out in droves and support everything they do ...thus no pressure to change

Slimsim
02-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Relax Knicks Im not here to bash the Knickerbockers..

The team that im thinking of:

Wasted their amnesty on Charlie Bells expiring contract and waived Jeremy Lin in hopes to land Deandre Jordan....and ended up empty handed.

An organization whose owner and coach still believe their team can make the playoffs with Monta Ellis as their savior.

To make things worst, if they DONT make the playoffs but arent bad enough to hit the lottery, then they are likely to lose their lottery pick to the Utah Jazz (#7 protected)in a draft that will be very very good.

btw--they traded their first round pick for marcus williams back in 2008 and now its come to haunt them. :facepalm:
1 playoff appearance in 17 years...WOW.

I Had to laugh because Knicks was the first thing that came into my mind

Immoknight
02-07-2012, 03:40 AM
I Had to cry because Knicks was the first thing that came into my mind

I fixed that for you... :( I got very sad just thinking about it.

shep33
02-07-2012, 03:48 AM
I think the Warriors don't even have a first rounder this coming year? I mean it's top 7 protected right? But the Warriors seem like they'd finish above that with the players on that team. They're in a weird spot right now :(

They got a good chance of being better than NOH, Charlotte, Detroit, Washington, Toronto, Sac, Phoenix, NJ (If Howard doesn't get traded there), maybe Cleveland and Milwaukee too

bholly
02-07-2012, 04:09 AM
to be fair, 16 of those 17 years were under a different owner. Chris Cohan was a piece of ****. He was also behind Marcus Williams fiasco.

Mark Jackson is an idiot. he's full of it. everyone knows we are not making the playoffs and the way he is coaching, I think he has orders from the bosses to tank for a high draft pick. No team plays the bench for the whole 4th quarter no matter how good they are doing.

Lacob says he is trying but he hasn't done ****. no improvement on defense. offense has been slow down. no rebounding. Couldn't even haul in DeAndre Jordan.

San Antonio did a few weeks ago in Dallas. I don't think a starter touched the floor from a few minutes left in the 3rd until Kawhi Leonard came in for one defensive possession at the end of OT. So about 20 minutes. In an OT game.

GSWJunkie
02-07-2012, 04:20 AM
Agree whole heartedly with this thread and I'm a die hard Warriors fan. Our new ownership group is not going to be any better than the Cohan regime with the way things are going right now. We are the biggest laughing stock team in the entire NBA, not in the big markets alone, in all markets, big or small. With the evolution of the Clippers this year, we are now in sole possession of the title of the worst team in the league and no one else can even threaten that right now. They talk a big game but don't have the skills to back it up. In the words of the infamous Limp Bizkit: "Our management group's mouth is writing checks that their *** can't cash".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArkBbkaWESQ WARNING!! EXPLICIT LYRICS, COVER THE EARS OF YOUR CHILDREN BEFORE PLAYING THIS SONG.

ESaady
02-07-2012, 04:41 AM
Mediocre State Warriors. Sick and tired of their terrible play, yet I still cheer and go to the games lolz.

The Bay Area is seriously an untapped market for the NBA, yet the Warriors have been mediocre for years. The NFL and MLB are probably ecstatic that the Niners and Giants are making it worth having a professional sports team in the Bay Area.

Hopefully they move to SF soon and become the SF Warriors. That's the only win the Warriors might be able to get for awhile ha.

Evolution23
02-07-2012, 05:03 AM
I was about to go off on the Op if he said the Knicks haha.

Giants-49ers-Ws
02-07-2012, 05:12 AM
warriors and i'm a fan...were a ****ing joke

Chill_Will_24
02-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Clippers? Before they got lucky with Griffin that franchise was in trouble.

Rockice_8
02-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Clippers? Before they got lucky with Griffin that franchise was in trouble.

Yeah definitely the Clips. For their sake I hope this year is a sign of things to come for them.

Knicks get honorable mention though or in this case dishonorable mention.

jimm120
02-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Agree whole heartedly with this thread and I'm a die hard Warriors fan. Our new ownership group is not going to be any better than the Cohan regime with the way things are going right now. We are the biggest laughing stock team in the entire NBA, not in the big markets alone, in all markets, big or small. With the evolution of the Clippers this year, we are now in sole possession of the title of the worst team in the league and no one else can even threaten that right now. They talk a big game but don't have the skills to back it up. In the words of the infamous Limp Bizkit: "Our management group's mouth is writing checks that their *** can't cash".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArkBbkaWESQ WARNING!! EXPLICIT LYRICS, COVER THE EARS OF YOUR CHILDREN BEFORE PLAYING THIS SONG.

LIMP MUTHA EFFING BIZKIT

HOLDIN the gold it's so golden y'all. Stampeding disco elephants.

But for real, I furor what song that's from...full Nelson? I know it's from chocolate starfish album because I can just hear his "cracking high pitched voice from that album

theheatles
02-07-2012, 10:17 AM
atlanta should be top 5

Gators123
02-07-2012, 11:10 AM
They picked Ekpe Udoh over Greg Monroe.

Udoh- 4.0 PPG 3.6 RPG 9.6 PER

Monroe- 16.3 PPG 9.9 RPG 23.5 PER

Heediot
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM
They picked Ekpe Udoh over Greg Monroe.

Udoh- 4.0 PPG 3.6 RPG 9.6 PER

Monroe- 16.3 PPG 9.9 RPG 23.5 PER

The only lottery pick they hit on was Curry. They did steal Monta in the 2nd, other than that their drafting has been atrocious.

DChibes
02-07-2012, 11:36 AM

Watch a Bulls game some time. The bench mob owns the 4th quarter.

Fnom11
02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Knicks and it's not even close.

sixer04fan
02-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I always get confused if we're supposed to count the Warriors as Oakland and San Fran... Because Oakland is a tiny city, and not a "big market" at all. If we're counting the Warriors as both cities though, then yeah I guess you can qualify that as a big market.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-07-2012, 11:49 AM
wasting the amnesty on Bell was a very bad decision

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-07-2012, 01:05 PM
holy **** thats bad....lol

Lloyd Christmas
02-07-2012, 01:13 PM
This thread bummed me out :(

Lloyd Christmas
02-07-2012, 01:15 PM
By the way, you know it's bad when every Warriors fan agrees. Usually there are a couple homers who disagree. Not this time.

heyman321
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Raptors and it's not close! We're pathetic.

thunderforce
02-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Raptors and it's not close! We're pathetic.

Hoping it all changes next year but yea the Raps are the worst large market team in the league .

Giraffes Rule
02-07-2012, 02:07 PM

The Spurs played their bench for half of the third, all of the fourth, and all of overtime against the Mavs. So the best coach in the league also sucks?

Also, Jordan was a restricted free agent. They offered him probably more than he's worth, but the Clippers matched. Dunno how you criticize them for that.

Baller1
02-07-2012, 02:15 PM
This thread is depressing.. :laugh:

Just think everyone, at least you still have your teams.

kozelkid
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Nets have been pretty bad. Their hopes of any relevance for the next decade pretty much hang on Dwight going there. Otherwise, say good bye to Deron. Not to mention the picks they gave up to get him.

Wow, they'll be absolutely ****ed if they don't get Dwight.

DaBear
02-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Nets. They won't contend for ****, even with Dwight.

sixer04fan
02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
This thread is depressing.. :laugh:

Just think everyone, at least you still have your teams.

There's still hope for you my man. Hang in there!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-seattle-nba

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/53462628-87/seattle-stern-arena-nba.html.csp

TRIUMPHATOR
02-07-2012, 02:30 PM
The Raptors are by far the worst Large market team in the league by a fair margin. We are the 4-5th largest market population wise and since our inception we have never been relevant other then in the Vince Carter era, and we know how that worked out- never out of the second round, ever!

bringbackfredex
02-07-2012, 02:35 PM
In before the inevitable closing....

Knicks, easily.

Jetsguy
02-07-2012, 02:35 PM
ha seems like a lot of big market teams are the laughing stock right now

Raps
Warriors
Knicks
Nets
Wiz

gaughan333
02-07-2012, 02:36 PM
New Jersey is a large market?

DaBear
02-07-2012, 02:45 PM
New Jersey is a large market?

They're right by the biggest city in the country, and they might be moving to Brooklyn, so yes.

Teeboy1487
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Give Jim Buss and David Stern a few years before we claim this title (the Lakers for the "we" haters").

nycsports2
02-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I was about to go off on the Op if he said the Knicks haha.

your tellin me...

Rockice_8
02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
They're right by the biggest city in the country, and they might be moving to Brooklyn, so yes.

Big market? No chance. The only reason the Giants and Jets are considered a big market playing in East Rutherford is because there isn't a team actually in NY. The Nets are hurt more then helped by playing near the Big City when there is a team there already. The Nets are sandwiched in between the Knicks/PHI. Their fan base is getting pulled apart on each end.

They aren't a big market team (not yet at least) next year they could be considered one and I completely disagree that they won't contend with Dwight. You're entitled to your own opinion but I just disagree Deron/Dwight = contenders.

Knicks are way more disappointing then the Nets.

NYkillaPriest
02-07-2012, 04:02 PM
to be honest as a Knicks fan it should be us..there is no reason to have this bad of a record with two top 5 scorers last season..and to make things worse an undrafted FA came in and in 2 games has out shined everybody on the team..especially this second game with no Melo or Amare..and we're in the same boat as the Warriors as far as the first round draft pick..with that said I've never lost hope and believe we are going to turn the season around

EnWhyKay
02-07-2012, 04:12 PM
For those that say Knicks.. Eeehh I wouldnt go there... Our problem has been the lack of a PG.. Without a competent PG your team goes no where.. Unless you have a Fwd or a 2 guard like James or Wade or Kobe..

papipapsmanny
02-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Well in reality D.C. is a big market (I am pretty sure it is top 5 when they do those rankings), but the NBA would make you think otherwise.

But yes.... uh the Wizards

Archer
02-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Not to Hate or Bait, but its the Knicks:

Sign Amare to an Non-Insured Contract
Over pay for Melo
Amnesty Billups and then use a lack of a pg as an excuse for the teams struggles

Evolution23
02-07-2012, 04:33 PM

So with that Logic, Indiana is a big market too cause they are right next to Chicago. They aren't in BK yet so they are still a small market.

Demon11
02-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Need to trade Curry or Ellis, can't win with both in the backcourt.

kdspurman
02-07-2012, 04:57 PM
San Antonio did a few weeks ago in Dallas. I don't think a starter touched the floor from a few minutes left in the 3rd until Kawhi Leonard came in for one defensive possession at the end of OT. So about 20 minutes. In an OT game.

Nearly won the game too. (questionable call not counting Green's buzzer beater). Pop is about getting young guys experience. They brought them back from a 18 point deficit, so he figured they earned the right to finish the game. Ride the bench if they're doing well.

ChaseHamels
02-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I can't even consider Toronto when I read these types of threads. Canadian teams can sit in the bottom of the NBA forever for all I care...and I bet alot of Americans would agree.

Who knows maybe I am still bitter about the 93' WS. :eyebrow:

bringbackfredex
02-07-2012, 05:21 PM
I can't even consider Toronto when I read these types of threads. Canadian teams can sit in the bottom of the NBA forever for all I care...and I bet alot of Americans would agree.

This, **** Joe Carter and everyone else from Canada :D

NYkillaPriest
02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
For those that say Knicks.. Eeehh I wouldnt go there... Our problem has been the lack of a PG.. Without a competent PG your team goes no where.. Unless you have a Fwd or a 2 guard like James or Wade or Kobe..

We have one that can play at the level of these players in Melo..he just isn't capable of running the point-forward..there is really no excuse to make for this team the only thing to do is get better..we have way to much talent to play at the level we've played at this season..this season has been embarrassing..I'm not going to keep sugar coating it because they are my favorite team..I know we have to much talent and things will get better

elonepb
02-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Has to be the Knicks. We're talking about a franchise with some of the proudest and most loyal fans in the NBA - the ones who keep the Garden packed and rocking year after year...

Only to be an absolute NBA embarrassment year after year, and one of the worst teams in the entire New York area of ANY sport over the last decade. The Islanders are the worst by winning percentage.

To not win a playoff game in 10 years?? Their fans deserve so much better.

jiggin
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
We talking play on the court or reputation as far as being a joke?

If it play on the court, I say Atlanta...have no idea what is going on there but its sad. Watching them play makes me angry, and I am not even a fan.

If its organizational joke, I say the Heat. They go out and assemble this "team" in order to try and win a championship. Make all kinds of bold statements, and lose. Everytime one of their elites opens their mouth or posts on the net it makes themselves and the organization look like morons and they for some reason don't get it and don't have the balls to tell their elite players to STFU. Funny how something so master planned can backfire so bad, at least as far as class and respect in the league and with fans outside of the florida area. However...they are a good team on the court....but who wouldn't be when you try and assemble that kind of championship team that kind of way.

Cal827
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
This, **** Joe Carter and everyone else from Canada :D

LOL :facepalm:

pd1dish
02-08-2012, 12:55 PM
i thought of the Knicks before i read this thread

GodsSon
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM

That was just beautiful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwxuquJ3xxE) :)

GodsSon
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM
We have one that can play at the level of these players in Melo..he just isn't capable of running the point-forward..there is really no excuse to make for this team the only thing to do is get better..we have way to much talent to play at the level we've played at this season..this season has been embarrassing..I'm not going to keep sugar coating it because they are my favorite team..I know we have to much talent and things will get better

That's the problem with Knicks fans right there, you don't know how to temper your expectations. James and Wade are perennial top 5 player in the L, while Melo is definitely not even in the top 10; all he can do is score, big deal.

Before some Knick fan proclaims that I'm a hater, I've always thought this way about him since his Denver days. As for the Knicks, if this season doesn't turn out the way many NY fans thought it would, then that would be an epic failure; especially moving forward with all of that money tied up into 3 players.

JayAllDay
02-08-2012, 01:08 PM

I live in Brooklyn and I could not ****ing care less about the Nets moving there. Having a 3rd rate franchise is only gonna make it worse. With a Russian owner, we might see some epic failures in not only team management but building management. I ****ing guarantee you that.

I went to a Net game for free, courtesy of my friend's law school. 4 tickets. Decent seats. They even put us on the jumbo tron and made us Nets fans of the Game or some **** and gave us $100 coupon to some steak house. Even then we were thoroughly disappointed at the experience. We practically made money going to a Net game and we were still pissed off.

**** the Nets. They should move away to Vegas and move the Devils and Jets to Brooklyn.

sixer04fan
02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
The Knicks have been the laughing stock of the NBA for the last decade

thunderforce
02-08-2012, 01:27 PM

Sorry but if your team has won a championship you should shut up . Shoot lets end this right now , if your team has EVER been to the second round of the playoffs then you aren't the laughing stock of the league .

Evolution23
02-08-2012, 07:17 PM

you just mad about the Eagles and the Flyers. U finally got a cute team in the sixers so u wana run your mouth. Good luck winning a ring with Iggy as your best player.

bringbackfredex
02-09-2012, 04:25 AM
you just mad about the Eagles and the Flyers. U finally got a cute team in the sixers so u wana run your mouth. Good luck winning a ring with Iggy as your best player.

What's there to be mad about? The Eagles have a better team going into next year. Hence why we're 12-1 to win the Super Bowl and the Giants are 18-1.

The Flyers have also been to the playoffs 15 out of the last 16 years, while the Rangers have been pretty much completely irrelevant since 1994. The Flyers will also contend for another Stanley Cup this year.

And finally, the Sixers are 18-8 with the 4th best team in basketball, while Knicks fans are currently rejoicing over a Chinese guy that is going to be good for about a week until Carmelo comes back and demands the ball. Oh and that's right you're also 11-15 and might not even make the playoffs.

Oh and it's a good thing you didn't include the Phillies, since we have probably the best team in the National League again :D

SportsAndrew25
02-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Fancy way for everyone to **** on my team. :facepalm:

OutOfTHEBLUE
02-09-2012, 05:18 AM
How would anyone pick the Knicks over the Clippers? All things considered, they have to be the big-market team that has historically been the biggest laughing-stock.