PDA

View Full Version : How bad is Hedo Turkoglu?

Devster3
02-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Is this guy just terrible now?

Why did the magic ever trade back for him and his terrible contract?

justinnum1
02-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Funny thing is, if they just would have payed him the finals, they wouldn't have had so many problems.

bholly
02-06-2012, 11:26 PM
In an absolute sense? He's around, maybe even slightly above, average for a 32 year old, tonight notwithstanding.

Relative to his contract? Horror-awful.

Celtics33
02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I remember they made the deal last year to acquire Turkoglu and Arenas in hope that it would create some spark and success, in order to convince Dwight Howard to stay in Orlando. Turkoglu isn't that bad, it's just his contract compared to his abilities that makes it such a stretch.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 11:36 PM
He is terrible, he played up until the NBA finals got his money and does not give a damn. Didnt he also leave his team at halftime because of an injury and was spotted at night club? His team lost the game by a game winning shot by carmelo anthony. If he didn bail on his team, they would have been in the playoffs and perhaps he could prove why toronto signed him to such an amount of money.

boleszzb
02-06-2012, 11:48 PM

It's not that bad, remember three yearshttp://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php ago he is how to lead the magic into the finals

macc
02-06-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm a Magic fan and I hate his contract as much as the next guy but noone started hating him till he got paid (which is how fans normally act). I think he's over paid but he's a talented player and does wonders for our offense. He's been huge for our franchise and was a huge reason we got to the finals in 09.

sunsfan88
02-06-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm just so glad we got rid of him and actually got a good player (see sig) in return for him.

D1JM
02-07-2012, 12:01 AM
he's so bad that i dont know if it's worth taking howard's contract. the nets should just wait until the summer to pick up howard and keep their draft picks

Raph12
02-07-2012, 12:20 AM
To think, Magic traded Gortat-Pietrus-VC for JRich-Hedo-Clark... Wow.

Chronz
02-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Funny thing is, if they just would have payed him the finals, they wouldn't have had so many problems.

What?

Taimla
02-07-2012, 05:11 AM
He actualy played very well this season before he got injured... after that hes been trash...
Guy just need confidence and BALL. When hes confident and ball is on hes hand, he can still produce.

Wade>You
02-07-2012, 05:33 AM
What?lmao for real

spreadeagle
02-07-2012, 08:04 AM
To think, Magic traded Gortat-Pietrus-VC for JRich-Hedo-Clark... Wow.

well VC Pietrus JRich and Hedo all turned out to be past there prime..Gortat was nice, wish Colagelo would have pulled that off instead of getting Barbosa for him....Everyone knew Gortat was the best backup c around and we needed one. But back OT yes hes awful,old slow got paid and put in into cruise control...also hes got a big ego and was known to keep to himself and sit alone on the Raps buses from game to game

jam
02-07-2012, 08:15 AM
He was traded from a championship caliber team to a couple of terrible ones. He also received an enormous contract. Neither factor is helpful in motivating a player, esp. a player like Hedo, who's never been among the more aggressive or competitive personalities in the league.

spreadeagle
02-07-2012, 08:18 AM
I love how the Raptors "stole" this guy from Portland at the last minute and signed him to a 5 year 50 million dollar deal ...that truly would have made Portland the unluckiest team ever

Rockice_8
02-07-2012, 09:31 AM
He's not as bad as his contract.

He's definitely lost a step and is mostly a spot up shooter now but he'll still get you 10+ points and a few assists and rebounds.

Contract aside he's not terrible, just average.

daleja424
02-07-2012, 09:38 AM
BAD!

B-A-D!!!

He is an absolute chucker and he isn't good at it...

justinnum1
02-07-2012, 09:46 AM
What?

They went to the finals, then refused to pay turk...ever since, they have gone down hill, and they are still ending up paying turk...im saying if they just paid him after the finals and kept that team in tact, i think the magic would have had more success.

Chronz
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
They went to the finals, then refused to pay turk...ever since, they have gone down hill, and they are still ending up paying turk...im saying if they just paid him after the finals and kept that team in tact, i think the magic would have had more success.
I dont see how paying him changes his career curve, hes still going to end up being the same Hedo. The Magic made the right move in getting rid of him, they made an even worse move in trading back for him and destroying their assets in the process.

About the only good thing that comes from what your asking is that at the least they wouldnt have lost Gortat for nothing. Aside from that, people made too much of Hedo's contributions to that Finals run.

They were a better team with Vince, sadly they couldnt face the KG less Celtics the 2nd time around.

MagicHero3
02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
i hate hate hate hedo. HATE HIM.

he sucks.
he takes BAD shots. real bad shots.

have you ever seen him full speed? it looks like a light jog.
have you ever seen him play defense? me neither.

watch him play, all his shots that go in are pure LUCK and are NOT high percentage shots. He makes the offense worse and causes the magic to play 4 on 5 on defense.

i wish we could just cut him. HE is the reason i hate Otis Smith so much

thekmp211
02-07-2012, 03:19 PM
lol he's actually surprised me with how well he's played this year which should give you an idea of how highly i regard him.

MagicHero3
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
0 pts last night btw

Celticsfan2007
02-07-2012, 03:35 PM
He's not a bad player. His contract is bad.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-07-2012, 03:42 PM
He averages 11/4/3 which isn't too bad. Shoots 41% from the field though and his contract is TERRIBLE. Just like someone had said up top, if they would have paid him after the Finals, he would have been great.

Orlando should have kept that entire roster together after the Finals. Trading Lee for Carter was a huge mistake and letting Hedo walk was a big mistake. If they had done that and added more as the years went by, they would have won a chip by now I bet.

PG: Jameer Nelson, Rafer Alston
SG: Courtney Lee, Mickael Pietrus
SF: Hedo Turkoglu
PF: Rashard Lewis
C: Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat

Fill in two solid bench players and that team is an easy title contender. That was a very fun team to watch and had very good chemistry, just like LeBron's Cavaliers.

Half Track
02-07-2012, 03:46 PM
He wouldn't quite be as much as an abysmal eye sore if it weren't for his lucky history of game winners, "as seen on tv." The Gopher (aka Van Gundy) must have watched Hedo make a couple game closers/winners before he came to the Magic.

Now he thinks, "Hey, letís exclusively give Hedo the ball with 20 seconds left, let him drain all the clock on a do or die 2 points, and green light that out-of-control, flailing fade-away from deep behind the arc tre.

Simply put, Hedo and his contract along with his horrible decisions have lost the Magic countless games and all their trading pieces (Besides Howard and Anderson). I also guarantee you that he has missed at minimum 7X more "game clinching" or "big shots" than he has made.
Signed,

- A disgruntled and bias Magic fan

MagicHero3
02-07-2012, 03:55 PM
He wouldn't quite be as much as an abysmal eye sore if it weren't for his lucky history of game winners, "as seen on tv." The Gopher (aka Van Gundy) must have watched Hedo make a couple game closers/winners before he came to the Magic.

Now he thinks, "Hey, letís exclusively give Hedo the ball with 20 seconds left, let him drain all the clock on a do or die 2 points, and green light that out-of-control, flailing fade-away from deep behind the arc tre.

Simply put, Hedo and his contract along with his horrible decisions have lost the Magic countless games and all their trading pieces (Besides Howard and Anderson). I also guarantee you that he has missed at minimum 7X more "game clinching" or "big shots" than he has made.
Signed,

- A disgruntled and bias Magic fan

AGREED! Stan needs to fix his in game offense. Its like they dribble in circles and jack up shots! theres no structure or plan.

hedo is the REASON were never winning bc of all his bad shots, so why does stan think hes a hero for putting out his own fire? or attempting to at least

smith&wesson
02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
when he was in toronto i really thought he was half ********.

-the guy showed up over weight.
-wanted special treatment (sat out the training camp due to fatigue?)
-in an interview he responded with one word(ball) and thought we knew what f he was talking about
-called in sick to work, missed a game and team officials caught him partying down town toronto the same night.
-he walked up to a random girl took her phone and began to go through her phone because he thought she was taking a picture of him with out asking. the girl stated she doesnt watch basketball and didnt even know who he was.

the guys seriously over paid and offers not a whole lot at all. oh and did i mention he is half ******** ?

Weezy
02-07-2012, 04:19 PM
LOL YEA he is pretty bad based on his contract. 10 Mil til 2014 season is over goodness. His attitude is pretty selfish .. didn't he just quit on the Raptors?

EDIT: Just read Smith's post above HAHA too funny. Turk is a clown, confirmed.

Sly Guy
02-07-2012, 09:38 PM

I don't know, I just don't know.....

In other news, I'm still happy BC unloaded his bloated contract to phoenix and turned him into leandro barbosa......Still wondering how that happened?