PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for the Bulls to aggressively move Boozer?

SBnation12
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Time to face the music, Boozer was a product of Deron Williams and Jerry Sloan, the only thing real about him is his rebounding skills, he has a ton of stregnth, but thinks hes chris bosh by mainly shooting jumpers

People make excuses about his playoff production "his ankle and turf toe were reasons he underperformed" but yet he has had very poor production this year without being injured

in the playoffs: 12 pts, 9.7 rebs, 1.8 assists in 31 minutes

2012 season: 14 pts,8.5 rebs,1.5 assists,30 minutes

oh yea, and hes making 13 million, isnt that great?:clap:

plain and simple, the Bulls took the best freeagent available, at the time, i felt he was the best fit for us, if i were to make the decision again, id make the same decision because i felt he was the best player for what the bulls wanted and was probably the only top powerforward in that class who didnt want to be "the man", so adding him allowed Rose, to still be "the man" and be the #1 option

the the bulls gotten stoudemire, would Rose have been the man? or would STAT have come over and tried to take over the team? who knows, but i wanted boozer

but now i notice all his flaws, his lack of height causes some misses in the paint, and lack of defense hurts the entire team

it is time to trade him or amnesty him in the offseason, no more excuses, enough of peoples bullcrap excuses of his injuries and other crap excuses, for his play

IT IS WHAT IT IS

this is who boozer is!

should the bulls get rid of him?

nstojic
02-06-2012, 12:42 PM
wrong guy to sign in the first place.. they've made their bed

Pierzynski4Prez
02-06-2012, 12:47 PM
They should, and will keep him.

jimbobjarree
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
They're winning, why change anything?

So glad he left though

AntiG
02-06-2012, 01:00 PM
who would actually want him? He's not very good, and his contract is ridiculous. The only way someone would take him is in a package with Rose, which obviously is not happening.

Gotta amnesty him.

mRc08
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
should they? if the price is right. but who is going to trade for boozer? bad contract, getting older, decrease in production. All those things combined make him almost impossible to move for good players unfortunately. I think they are better off waiting until the offseason, either this season or next, and seeing if there is any play they want. Amnesty his contract and sign for an upgrade. This doesn't have to be a pf as long as taj shows improvement.

DaBUU
02-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I would trade him if we could, but we cant. The team is better with Taj.

SBnation12
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
who would actually want him? He's not very good, and his contract is ridiculous. The only way someone would take him is in a package with Rose, which obviously is not happening.

Gotta amnesty him.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73h8r86

although 3 way deals are rare in the nba, who says no to this deal?

Gasol,korver and barnes to the rockets

Boozer,hill,dragic to the lakers and maybe a 2012 first bulls pick

Martin,Scola to the Bulls

shep33
02-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't think anybody wants Boozer's deal. Still think he's a solid player, its just the price tag

Badluck33
02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
the guy can still get you a double double almost every night.

trade him, no cut him, no trade him, yeah cut him.

shep33
02-06-2012, 01:21 PM

No way LA would do that. Boozer has an extra year on compared to Gasol's deal. Again it's not that Boozer is a bad player, it's just that his price tag is way too high

shep33
02-06-2012, 01:22 PM
the guy can still get you a double double almost every night.

trade him, no cut him, no trade him, yeah cut him.

Why don't they bring him off the bench as a sixth man type of scorer? If not they should probably just amnesty him next year

29$JerZ
02-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Imagine Rose and Amare on the pick and roll?

DreStylez
02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
20pts for Rose
18pts for Deng
15pts for Hamilton
10pts for Noah
20-30pts from the bench
-----------------------
Which leaves Boozer not having to score in bunches like in Utah. We're the top rebounding and defensive team.

Sure, the Bulls may have paid a bit much for him but no one else wanted to come to Chicago.

How about we talk about Amare and his $100 mil contract. Sure, he's affected this season by playing with Melo but they're in a bigger hole than the Bulls.

The Bulls are fine with Boozer but I would like for him to step things up a bit against the top tier teams. Remember, He was injured with turf toe in the playoffs which hindered his play.

Moe Bigsley
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I would agree with this post if he was wasn't making a max contract. Too much money for a guy who can't put up a double double consistently or shows defensive.......well defensive anything

SBnation12
02-06-2012, 01:41 PM
20pts for Rose
18pts for Deng
15pts for Hamilton
10pts for Noah
20pts from the bench
-----------------------
Which leaves Boozer not having to score in bunches like in Utah. We're the top rebounding and defensive team.

Sure, the Bulls may have paid a bit much for him but no one else wanted to come to Chicago.

How about we talk about Amare and his $100 mil contract. Sure, he's affected this season by playing with Melo but they're in a bigger hole than the Bulls.

The Bulls are fine with Boozer but I would like for hm to step things up a bit against the top tier teams. Remember, He was injured with turf toe in the playoffs which hindered his play.

how bout we play out this season with the scrub if we cant trade him, then start taj,and amnesty the scrub next year, and sign some pf for the MLE and wait for mitrotic?

chicago lulz
02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
20pts for Rose
18pts for Deng
15pts for Hamilton
10pts for Noah
20pts from the bench
-----------------------

The Bulls are fine with Boozer but I would like for hm to step things up a bit against the top tier teams. Remember, He was injured with turf toe in the playoffs which hindered his play.
I'll have to agree with this post

gaughan333
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Boozer sucks, we are stuck with him.

Shmontaine
02-06-2012, 02:01 PM
i would imagine the bulls fo is not pleased nor satisfied with his performance... without many suitors for booz, and not wanting to give up any other players to dump booz, i also think they are trying to get mirotic out of europe and into a bulls uni more so looking to trade booz. if the bulls get mirotic over here, i would think they amnesty booz and move on...

Pierzynski4Prez
02-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Mirotic is 2+ years away at least and is an unknown, just like every euro player. The bulls are not going to be depending on him at all these next few years.

Unless the Bulls are packaging Boozer with picks and actually upgrading from Boozer, they are not going to be parting ways with him anytime soon.

jp611
02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
For people who keep saying he shoots too many jumpers, blame thibs and noah for that, he's forced to space the floor cuz Noah clogs the lane cuz he's not respected outside of 10 feet, thibs saw this and wanted booz to shoot more jump shots spacing the floor so rose can penetrate better

Oh and per game stats are awful, boozer has 2nd highest per, highest eFG%, 2nd leading rebounder on team, and his per 36 numbers are on par with his per 36 career numbers, he plays less minutes with the bulls and because the bulls are a slow paced team that relies on defense there just aren't that many shots to go around for the team

jp611
02-06-2012, 02:28 PM
And starting taj while getting rid of Carlos makes us way worse, no one to space the floor in the front court then, taj's offensive game is nowhere near carlos' level... People need to stop ragging on the guy cuz he's not nearly as bad as people claim he is

JordansBulls
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM

That doesn't make the Bulls better.

Shmontaine
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Mirotic is 2+ years away at least and is an unknown, just like every euro player. The bulls are not going to be depending on him at all these next few years.

Unless the Bulls are packaging Boozer with picks and actually upgrading from Boozer, they are not going to be parting ways with him anytime soon.

$500K to buy out a euro player from his contract i believe... it may be worth it...

unknown?? sure... but boozer is a 'known' disappointment... it's not like mirotic is a scrub... he can shoot and is pretty versatile, one of the best euro league players...

i think the bulls like their picks more than they dislike boozer... i see amnesty in a year or two as the way the bulls go..

Rockice_8
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM
No, they won't get fair value and he's an important piece to their puzzle. Yes he's overpaid but is still a solid player. They're stuck with him for the next 3 years unless they amnesty him.

You are contenders, he does contribute, so why change that?

RowBTrice
02-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Don't tell me he's a product of Deron Williams. If you can be really good with D-Will, then you sure as hell can be really good playing along side D-Rose. Fact is, the Bulls have way more weapons and the scoring is more spread out (outside of Rose.) Boozer is in fact overpaid for his contract, but is it worth taking a bath in a trade?? No, not now.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-06-2012, 02:46 PM
$500K to buy out a euro player from his contract i believe... it may be worth it...

unknown?? sure... but boozer is a 'known' disappointment... it's not like mirotic is a scrub... he can shoot and is pretty versatile, one of the best euro league players...

i think the bulls like their picks more than they dislike boozer... i see amnesty in a year or two as the way the bulls go..

500k is all the Bulls can pitch in to help. Most euro teams set their buy-out clauses at a few million. So unless Mirotic already has a few million to spare at the age of 20, he is most likely playing out his contract.

And while Boozer may be a "known disappointment" in your eyes, he is still shooting .521 from the field while averaging 15/8.5 (17/10 per36) on one of the deepest teams in the league.

Nothing in Mirotic's game in the Euroleague is guaranteed to transfer over. There have been way too many cases of Euroleague guys not living up to expectations, with very slim few working out like planned. Sure everybody here in Chicago hopes he pans out greatly for us, but for our FO to depend on it would be just idiotic of them. We are in a win-now mode, and most likely we never see the end results of some of the future assets we currently hold.

He115ing
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Yes, boozer should be moved very aggressively, maybe tied up an thrown off a cliff?

wmudford
02-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Suns: Boozer
Bulls: Grant Hill, Channing Frye

jp611
02-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Suns: Boozer
Bulls: Grant Hill, Channing Frye

:puke:

Shmontaine
02-06-2012, 03:07 PM
500k is all the Bulls can pitch in to help. Most euro teams set their buy-out clauses at a few million. So unless Mirotic already has a few million to spare at the age of 20, he is most likely playing out his contract.

gotcha, thanks for clarifying...

And while Boozer may be a "known disappointment" in your eyes, he is still shooting .521 from the field while averaging 15/8.5 (17/10 per36) on one of the deepest teams in the league.

that's more of the reason why we are winning, and we less to do with boozer's contribution IMO...

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/chicago-bulls/players/carlos-boozer/matchups/12/4/47

he loses every match up against every above average 4... and our team suffers if that 4 is on a moderately good team... which is why his stats don't really impress me... he doesn't keep good pf's in check and ultimately the bulls pay the price for having boozer on the floor when playing good teams...

Nothing in Mirotic's game in the Euroleague is guaranteed to transfer over. There have been way too many cases of Euroleague guys not living up to expectations, with very slim few working out like planned. Sure everybody here in Chicago hopes he pans out greatly for us, but for our FO to depend on it would be just idiotic of them. We are in a win-now mode, and most likely we never see the end results of some of the future assets we currently hold.

boozer hasn't worked out as planned either IMO... maybe my expectations were misplaced... but i still am disappointed...

Pierzynski4Prez
02-06-2012, 03:12 PM
that's more of the reason why we are winning, and we less to do with boozer's contribution IMO...

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/chicago-bulls/players/carlos-boozer/matchups/12/4/47

he loses every match up against every above average 4... and our team suffers if that 4 is on a moderately good team... which is why his stats don't really impress me... he doesn't keep good pf's in check and ultimately the bulls pay the price for having boozer on the floor when playing good teams...

boozer hasn't worked out as planned either IMO... maybe my expectations were misplaced... but i still am disappointed...

He is definitely not the 20/10 guy we all hoped and expected him to be with that contract. But IMO, we are definitely a better team with him at the moment than without him. We'd have nobody to step in off the bench behind Taj if we amnestied him (not to mention Taj isn't any better offensively), and he still does have big game potential, as shown by a few games of his this year.

justinnum1
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Only problem with him is he's overpaid. There going to have to amnesty him eventually when gibson and asik have to be paid

Pierzynski4Prez
02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
gotcha, thanks for clarifying...

That's a pretty good site you linked there man. I had never seen it. Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

ichitownclowni
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Why fix something that's not broken

Shmontaine
02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
That's a pretty good site you linked there man. I had never seen it. Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

np... it can keep you busy for a while...

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
He's a veteran, hard nosed rebounder, good scorer and he's playing defence this year. What's not to like. The Bulls are on top of the East, and their front court depth is a big parts of that success. Why screw around with something that is working so well?

Celtics33
02-06-2012, 06:44 PM
They're winning, why change anything?

So glad he left though

This

RCarlson85
02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Who wants to take on that contract for what he provides? I don't see many teams wanting to trade for him. He's been a disappointment. The bulls will probably have to amnesty him or keep him.

theheatles
02-06-2012, 07:15 PM
trade booz to the nets for humphries

Bulls_fan90
02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
We must amnesty him NOW!!! Derp derp.

toovey107
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Imagine Rose and Amare on the pick and roll?
Glass man? No thanks.

Imagine Rose & Boozer on the pick & roll... too bad they don't run that.