PDA

View Full Version : Batum makes 9 threes against Denver

Corey
02-05-2012, 01:08 AM
9-15 from beyond the arc. (11-19 overall) for 33 points.

...Off the bench :laugh2:

Pretty awesome. Dont see 9 3pm every day.

Most impressive part? He did in in 25 minutes, and was a gametime decision.

celtics 34
02-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Cj wason also came back from a injury and was a game time decision and he sparked the jazzs run

jiggin
02-05-2012, 01:15 AM
don't worry, he won't get any kind of props or love...he plays for Portland, they aren't a big market team. So...who cares? right?

celtics 34
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM
What I dont get is portland was the number 1 seed out west and now thier barely in the playoffs

lavilevi23
02-05-2012, 01:31 AM
wow nice

yankeesown69
02-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Cj wason also came back from a injury and was a game time decision and he sparked the jazzs run

earl

marvILLous
02-05-2012, 02:46 AM
don't worry, he won't get any kind of props or love...he plays for Portland, they aren't a big market team. So...who cares? right?

PVP!! lol

Toxeryll
02-05-2012, 04:14 AM
impressive.. but 0 reb and 0 ast

MELO7NYK/DENfan
02-05-2012, 04:27 AM
I was at that game, he wasn't missing anything i was pissed haha.

tredigs
02-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Morrow had 8 threes on 11 chances for 42 points in the Nets last game himself; after missing the prior game with a sprained ankle.

Both impressive games from two sick shooters.

The_Jamal
02-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Isn't Batum a RFA?

He's going to get a big chunk of change from somebody

PacersForLife
02-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Impressive, always like his game.

NoahH
02-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Rip city

Iron24th
02-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Batum is money.

king4day
02-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Future Phoenix Sun!!! :pray:

Corey
02-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Future Boston Celtic *

Iodine
02-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Sucks the Blazers pissed off his agent

UKblazers
02-05-2012, 03:22 PM
With all the Salary coming off the Blazers books at the end of season, i would be shocked if Batum was not resigned. Besides Portland can match any offer

spreadeagle
02-05-2012, 03:34 PM
I sat him in my fantasy league....I feel sick :facepalm:

jiggin
02-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Sucks the Blazers pissed off his agent

The one player who I left off the list is Nicolas Batum due to the fact that the reason for his non-extension is sort of tricky.

As always when something like this happens there is always two sides to the story, but in this case there is three. First off it has been reported that Batum is eager to stay with the Trail Blazers and would like to remain with his current team. There really hasn’t been much talk from Batum about the matter other than what I already covered, him wanting to stay with the Trail Blazers.

Now for the second side to the story, Batum’s agent Bouna Ndiaye and what he had to say about this whole situation. After the aforementioned deadline passed Wednesday Ndiaye had this to say about the Trail Blazers, “We’re still not talking and we’re not willing to accept the offer the Blazers have proposed. The game is about to start and we haven’t heard anything. We will not accept the offer that is out there.” It was also first reported by CSNNW.com that the two sides were very far apart and that, according to a source, Ndiaye believed that the Trail Blazers were low-balling his agent based on their first proposal.

The Blazers, who had until 9 p.m to extend Batum’s contract, will now see Batum become an unrestricted free-agent on July 1. Batum’s agent, who seemed upset, also had this to say about the Trail Blazers front office, “When Batum becomes a restricted free agent, we’ll look at the other 29 teams before we talk to the Blazers,” Batum’s agent Bouna Ndiaye told CSNNW.com. “The Blazers had their chance.”

Now comes the third, and probably most important, side to the story. Here is what Blazers president Larry Miller had to sat about contract talks between the two sides, ”Batum’s agent has a right to test the market. We’ve let him know how much we value Batum as a player and a person and we still want him to be part of our organization going forward.” It seems that both sides want the same thing, to have Batum back in a Trail Blazers uniform. By not giving Batum an extension today they are only avoiding the inevitable as Batum will become a restricted free-agent and the Trail Blazers will most definitely match any offer given to the young small forward.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/nicolas_batum_does_not_receive_an_extension_batums _agent_upset/9592925

So if anything, they may have cost themselves money by having to eventually match an offer he gets from someone else...but if the asking price by his agent was outrageous, they may have felt it saves them money in the long run. Aren't there going to be some new issues with the collective bargaining agreement that is suppose to make salaries a little more manageable going forward? The blazers appear to want him around, but were not willing to go as high as his agents asking price, thus why his agent is pissed.

When it comes to restricted free agents...the blazers have the control on whether to match or not...so, assuming its a reasonable contract, I would have to agree with the article...they will most likely match and keep him a trailblazer.

Cfrey
02-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Batum is an average player. Lets be real.

BallIsAll
02-06-2012, 11:31 AM
The nuggets 3pt defense would make John wall look like dorrel wright. Batum is good but 14 of those 15 were literally wide open. Karl is starting to look like d'antonie

CudiOnMyiPod
02-06-2012, 02:19 PM
earl

It's Watson, not Wason lol