PDA

View Full Version : The Jeremy Lin Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

FriedTofuz
02-04-2012, 11:17 PM
He had a monster game tonight off the bench with 25pts 7 ast and 5 rebounds. Dont get me wrong, I've watched Lin since the summer league where he took over a game and went neck to neck with johnwall and practically locking john wall down. Hes seeminly productive stat wise and his stats per 36 minutes are alot better. Given the oppertunity and more minutes I think he can be quiet of use for he knicks.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120204/NJNNYK/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100345#nbaGIboxscore

Federal Reserve
02-04-2012, 11:18 PM
The Knicks have officially gotten their big three: Amare, Chandler and Lin.

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
He can be solid off the bench in the future. Smart players that wanna attack and play D will never suck (I think?).

Gators123
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah. I think he is going to be the face of their franchise for the next decade.

utl768
02-04-2012, 11:22 PM
the chinese chris paul

im assuming lin is asian

Cal827
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Yup, Easily the better PG out there over Rose, Paul, and that ***** Williams. He'll make his run for MVP in the next season with 35-8-10 numbers on 70% shooting

jimbobjarree
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
cue the overrating by knicks fans...

FriedTofuz
02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
hey guys stop mocking the knicks. I know I find it funny everytime a PG of their gers overhyped but I've been watching this kid for a while and I always thought he had something good to contribute. He is a very good passer, he can become a solid 10/8 player given minutes.

Gram
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM
I made a thread in the Knicks forum about how he would be a monster for the Knicks and some mod deleted it. :rolleyes: Wasn't I right? Lol just kidding, one game doesn't mean ****. lol.

itsripcity32
He's the next Iman Shumpert. Prepare for Knick "fans" to change their sigs to Lin.

FriedTofuz
Lets not hate on knick fans, I'm not even a knick fan, but Im just telling you how good he can be..

MackShock
Hes coming home to oracle

FriedTofuz
02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I made a thread in the Knicks forum about how he would be a monster for the Knicks and some mod deleted it. :rolleyes: Wasn't I right? Lol just kidding, one game doesn't mean ****. lol.

I hope a mod doesnt delete this one, but with all the baiting already, it does seem likely :mad:

NoahH
That's one game. Warriors didn't see anything super promising in him or they wouldn't have waived him.

John Walls Era
A Knicks fan didn't even make the thread, no need to bash their fan base.

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:27 PM
That's one game. Warriors didn't see anything super promising in him or they wouldn't have waived him.

Not the best example to use...

Cal827
I hope a mod doesnt delete this one, but with all the baiting already, it does seem likely :mad:

Baiting? Look sir, I might be hopped up on Weed, Cocaine, Acid, Heroin and Lucky Charms but I stand by what I said 100%. Lin for MVP :D

justinnum1
cue the overrating by knicks fans...

well said

FriedTofuz
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM

They did sign him to a 2 year contract, didnt they? They signed him right out of the summer league for 2 years, most players may not even get a guranteed 1 year contract from the summer league.

TheNumber37
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
He can be their future backup PG and Garden fav, No doubt.
I'd day, 8ppg 4apg 3rpg 1spg while shooting the ball well sounds about right.
I think he'll play when he starts too.

MackShock

not true. they waived him to make cap room to make a run at deandre jordan.

they were even trying to get him back after the rockets waived him

MTL_123
lol how did i know some one was gonna make a thread about this......But come on it was one game, watch next game he scores like 2 pts n like 1 assists in 20min and then gets benched again. If he really was something G-stat wouldnt have waived him.

FriedTofuz
02-04-2012, 11:34 PM
lol how did i know some one was gonna make a thread about this......But come on it was one game, watch next game he scores like 2 pts n like 1 assists in 20min and then gets benched again. If he really was something G-stat wouldnt have waived him.

No it is not just one game. For a while now he has been contributing well and has opened a lot of eyes with he way he plays and it has beeen impressive to know someone like this wasnt even in the nba a year or so ago. Given the oppertunity to play big minutes he can provide his team with a lot of soupport and he proved many peoples theorys today.

heyman321
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM

Lol cause Golden State is SO GOOD. Anyways I think we can ALL agree on one thing: he's better than Tony Douglas. Douglas freakin blows.

The Flash
02-04-2012, 11:40 PM
he also knows kung fu

knicksfan42
02-04-2012, 11:40 PM
He might not be a great starter, but he can be a solid back up. This is one game and it wasn't against a good team; however, it was against a great PG, against someone who many consider a top 2 PG. His defense looks solid and he has good court vision. As of now I think Lin can be a solid back-up PG.

Knicks21
02-04-2012, 11:41 PM
He's a nice little player, I would still bring him of the bench though. He played well, now lets hope he can do it consistently!

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2012, 11:51 PM
One game, He played great looked good and has gotten better every game. Hope he can keep playing well man I like the thread but you cant have it here, there are so many baiters and people that hate the knicks that they will never let a thread like this go well

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2012, 11:53 PM
From a Knicks fan-

Personally, I don't think this is a fluke. Lin plays a lot like John Wall, and people always have a hard time sticking to him. Especially if he’s able to develop a jumper. Hit the gym Jeremy!

Anyway... yesterday Nikola Pekovic had a career high 27pts.. take a minute to digest that... ok so today the "Scrub of The Day" brought to you by your NJ Nets; meet Jeremy Lin!!!

The Nets are a depleted team with no C and therefore no interior defense whatsoever. The Knicks doubled the Nets with points in the paint tonight. Thats more telling than what Jeremy Lin and Jared Jeffires did tonight.

The Nets defended their Big 3 really well considering they have NO frontline and forced a scrub to beat them. That scrub just happened to play really well tonight.

Hope he keeps it up thou cuz a good PG is the key for the Knicks to play well and i doubt Baron is gonna play more than a dozen games this year.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2012, 11:56 PM
way to give no credit to him at all and you guys didnt stop chandler that well amare was in foul trouble you contained melo, Whatever dude, he played well whoever said the knick thing about wall is an idiot, Point out one knick fan thats stupid, that must mean we all think that way

Punk
02-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah, It's not a fluke because he did things like this in small doses. I remember he got his big break in the summer league killing John Wall and the Warriors ended up out bidding him from the Lakers.

So, yes we found a future PG for our bench and possibly as a starter. I'd compare him to a taller JJ Barea.

Pushes the tempo, finishes around the rim, great defense, good court vision and a high IQ. He's a keeper to develop.

Kashmir13579
02-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Why hasn't Lin had more playing time before now? I don't get it. What is the catch?

mavwar53
02-05-2012, 12:04 AM
anyone that agrees with the OP hasn't seen this guy play any game except tonight.

knicksfan42
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
From a Knicks fan-

Personally, I don't think this is a fluke. Lin plays a lot like John Wall, and people always have a hard time sticking to him. Especially if he’s able to develop a jumper. Hit the gym Jeremy!

From one Knicks fan, the vast majority are of the opinion that he can be a decent back-up and thats it. It's also interesting you didn't post the username of said Knicks fan.

Anyway... yesterday Nikola Pekovic had a career high 27pts.. take a minute to digest that... ok so today the "Scrub of The Day" brought to you by your NJ Nets; meet Jeremy Lin!!!

The Nets are a depleted team with no C and therefore no interior defense whatsoever.

The Nets defended their Big 3 really well considering they have NO frontline and forced a scrub to beat them. That scrub just happened to play really well tonight.

Did Pekovic play against a top 2 player at his position? Yes the Nets' interior defense was bad, but Lin was defended by Deron Williams. Williams is a good defender he didn't just beat your interior defense he also beat Williams. His defense against Williams was good as well. Defense and court vision are two aspects of the game which stay with a player and Lin showed he has both. He likely wont become a great starter, but a solid back-up is more than possible.

Also Pekovic looks like a decent player too.

Iodine
02-05-2012, 12:10 AM
PSD: Where awesome overreacting happens.

I like Lin, I met him when I was out in Palo Alto right before he was signed by the warriors through a mutual friend (aka my boss), but come on now........

topdog
02-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Lin looked really clumsy and turned the ball over like 5 times in 2 minutes of garbage time against Sacto and that is all I have seen of him. I might just have to catch another Knick's game.

LakersSaintsLSU
02-05-2012, 12:22 AM
This guy was on their squad the whole time and they never gave him a shot until tonight....didnt know they had'em cuz i would have bashed them for not giving him a shot he's a stud!

lavilevi23
02-05-2012, 12:27 AM
No. Fluke game.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 12:31 AM
From one Knicks fan, the vast majority are of the opinion that he can be a decent back-up and thats it. It's also interesting you didn't post the username of said Knicks fan.

Did Pekovic play against a top 2 player at his position? Yes the Nets' interior defense was bad, but Lin was defended by Deron Williams. Williams is a good defender he didn't just beat your interior defense he also beat Williams. His defense against Williams was good as well. Defense and court vision are two aspects of the game which stay with a player and Lin showed he has both. He likely wont become a great starter, but a solid back-up is more than possible.

Also Pekovic looks like a decent player too.

Deron Williams was NOT defending him most of the night. That was Mr Farmar although Williams did defend him at times.

Lin played with great energy. Thats it. Nets on the second game of a back to back and Knicks on the back end of their back to back to back so Lin who gets NO playing time was the freshest body on the floor therefore he was all over the place.

I never said he cant be a decent backup. just saying that this thread (which i knew would happen) is premature.

The taller J.J Barea comparison is ok i guess but like i said. Wait till he does it against a team that actually has a C to at least pretend to defend the paint.

Doubling the opponents in points in the paint screams fluke to me and proves that this was more the Nets lack of an interior presence than the Asian Mamba taking over.

TubbyBucket
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Never thought I'd see an Asian point guard dominate an NBA game. And from Harvard, no less! Lol, that game was all kinds of awesome!

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-05-2012, 12:34 AM
From a Knicks fan-

Personally, I don't think this is a fluke. Lin plays a lot like John Wall, and people always have a hard time sticking to him. Especially if hes able to develop a jumper. Hit the gym Jeremy!

The Nets are a depleted team with no C and therefore no interior defense whatsoever. The Knicks doubled the Nets with points in the paint tonight. Thats more telling than what Jeremy Lin and Jared Jeffires did tonight.

Hope he keeps it up thou cuz a good PG is the key for the Knicks to play well and i doubt Baron is gonna play more than a dozen games this year.

U won with that same team the other night . And Lopez was never this super defender in the paint so let's not pretend the nets have ever been great defensively. Ur hate for the Knicks knows no end. Maybe when u get D12 u will find something else to do than throwing jabs at the Knicks

zoned88
02-05-2012, 12:37 AM
This would be a fluke if he only played at this.caliber once... On the contrary anyone who's actually been watching knicks games and isn't just hating would know this kid Sparks the offense as soon as he steps on the court.. His Shot isn't great but his ability to penetrate defenses is crazy..hes shown he can do this on more than one occasion.. The crazy part.. He hasn't even played with the starters until just this week..

zoned88
02-05-2012, 12:40 AM
And Lin definitely **** on dwill more than a couple of times today

TheRunKiller
02-05-2012, 12:40 AM
He won't do it again

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 12:44 AM
U won with that same team the other night . And Lopez was never this super defender in the paint so let's not pretend the nets have ever been great defensively. Ur hate for the Knicks knows no end. Maybe when u get D12 u will find something else to do than throwing jabs at the Knicks

Typical Knicks fan reply...

Brook Lopez while not elite defensively is at LEAST average. Lets not pretend like you know anything about Brook Lopez. The Nets struggles even with Deron Williams should prove how much he helped the Nets. Either way ANY C would have helped tonight. Lets not pretend like Mr Lin would have been driving the paint all night if the Nets had a had a any semblance of an interior D.

That team we beat the other night BTW was on a days rest and was against the worst team in the league and a team that has sucks offensively and has trouble generating points in the paint.

Lets not try and compare the Knicks and the Pistons. While the Knicks are indeed playing like garbage.. they are not playing bad like DET.

Anyway back OT... your PG abused a team with absolutely no C and i would wait till Mr Lin does this against a team that has a C before claiming him to be the "PG of the future".

knicksfan42
02-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Deron Williams was NOT defending him most of the night. That was Mr Farmar although Williams did defend him at times.

Absolutely unequivocally untrue, Lin was not only guarded by Williams most of the time, but scored the vast majority of his points against Deron Williams. I don't know what type of **** you're trying to pull with this "Farmar defended him most of the night" bs.

Lin played with great energy. Thats it.

He played good D and showed he has good court vision.

I never said he cant be a decent backup. just saying that this thread (which i knew would happen) is premature.

Yea what you tried to do was make it seem like the prevailing opinion amongst Knicks fans about Lin was similar to the quote you posted (one which didn't even include a username by the way).

The taller J.J Barea comparison is ok i guess but like i said. Wait till he does it against a team that actually has a C to at least pretend to defend the paint.

Well the taller JJB comparison is about as far as possible overrating of Lin has gone, no better than John Wall sentiment.

king4day
02-05-2012, 12:57 AM
He's looked good with NY so far. D'Antoni must start him next game. See what he has. At worst, he's a servicable backup PG when Davis arrives.
Once teams figure out his tendencies though, that's when we'll know how good he is

Korman12
02-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Fantastic game, but not enough to buy into. His extraordinary moments in his career have been too few and far in between the mediocre and bad ones.

heyman321
02-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Fantastic game, but not enough to buy into. His extraordinary moments in his career have been too few and far in between the mediocre and bad ones.

True. D'Antoni needs to play him more to see what he's really made of. But there are players like this. Barea was "trash" before he got minutes....then ended up tearing the Lakers and Thunder apart last season. Also look at Gortat. Had basically 10 minutes a game in Orlando, once he was traded and got minutes, he's basically averaging 16/10/2 blocks a game. Let's hope this kid develops well!

Korman12
02-05-2012, 01:14 AM
True. D'Antoni needs to play him more to see what he's really made of. But there are players like this. Barea was "trash" before he got minutes....then ended up tearing the Lakers and Thunder apart last season. Also look at Gortat. Had basically 10 minutes a game in Orlando, once he was traded and got minutes, he's basically averaging 16/10/2 blocks a game. Let's hope this kid develops well!

Yeah. I stand by what I said, that's not enough to buy into, but it's enough to garner him more minutes for the time being.

DoMeFavors
02-05-2012, 01:16 AM
This guy is an all star after this game, Knicks are stacked now an all star at every position.

PassengerMK
02-05-2012, 01:24 AM
One good game vs a bad team is all it takes for you to regard him as 'pg of the future'? lol seriously how much basketball do you actually know

willabeast77
02-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Typical over reacting by Knicks fans. Pure nonsense, at least wait a few more games. This game was a fluke, it was against the Nets

GiantsSwaGG
02-05-2012, 01:28 AM
He outclassed D-Will today...Actually outclassed the whole Nets team!

funkybudda
02-05-2012, 01:34 AM
I wouldn't call him Knicks PG of the future, but given his performance tonight and comments below from Chandler, I believe he deserves more minutes:

nyknicks NBA New York Knicks
"He has been breaking down guys in practice for awhile now. He just needs to play more minutes." - @tysonchandler on @JLin7 #Knicks

JaredZwerling Jared Zwerling
Tyson on Jeremy Lin: "When we play 3-on-3, he kills. He's a problem. It wasn't just 1 guard. It was all the guards. Coach had to play him."

If Chandler statements are true, then D'antoni just proved that he just sucks at coaching, especially with putting Tony Douglas all this time, instead of trying out Lin with more minutes.

Punk
02-05-2012, 01:38 AM

Lin played with great energy. Thats it. Nets on the second game of a back to back and Knicks on the back end of their back to back to back so Lin who gets NO playing time was the freshest body on the floor therefore he was all over the place.

Doubling the opponents in points in the paint screams fluke to me and proves that this was more the Nets lack of an interior presence than the Asian Mamba taking over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=403ZUJxiS7w

You were saying?

KNICKS R BACK
02-05-2012, 01:47 AM
[QUOTE=Chill_Will_24;20844592]
Brook Lopez while not elite defensively is at LEAST average. QUOTE]

if brook lopez is an average defender, then so is amare stoudemire...the point is brook lopez is a terrible defender...all of u bashing the knicks are pitiful...the thread wasnt even created by a knicks fan, and most of the people commenting on it arent knicks fans either

icon1914
02-05-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm a Knicks fan... and while I'm smiling about Lin's performance, I think its sad that Lin has to have a career game for the Knicks to barely beat the Nets....

Spiggity_ace
02-05-2012, 01:54 AM
stop with that BS, Lin is good though i think he would be a good starting pg in the league, one of thsoe guys that a team would like to replace once hes in the starting lineup but he plays too good to just let go.

MackShock
02-05-2012, 01:58 AM
keep in mind this is a run and gun system. i always thought lin would explode and wanted him to do good. but dantoni can make anybody look good.

DoMeFavors
02-05-2012, 02:08 AM
We're coming...
They scared now!

yankeesown69
02-05-2012, 02:15 AM
keep in mind this is a run and gun system. i always thought lin would explode and wanted him to do good. but dantoni can make anybody look good.

Knicks do not have a run and gun system with this current team so thats false. But anyways yeah it was only 1 game and there needs to be some consistency. He knows how to get into the paint and looks to pass first, which is what the team needs. I don't think he'll be a consistently good defender though but we'll see. If he can play with energy and get into the paint I can't really ask for much more.

KapnKnicks87
02-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Everybody chill out, I haven't seen one homer comment here yet. Most Knick fans are just happy that a PG played like a PG lol honestly don't know what Lin will be but, Right now we need all the help we can get and Lin is doing that.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Seriously after one game? Against the Nets? If it was the Kings, then maybe. Regardless, if he does pan out then the Knicks won't have to draft a PG in the lottery this year.

scutch11
02-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Maybe some of you fools should look at the OP and see that he's a LAKER fan before bashing our homerism. Though we're excited because we've been calling for him to play for weeks now, no Knicks fans made any threads calling Lin the next Steve Nash

Get your facts straight haters

mjt20mik
02-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Anyone watch his postgame interview?

I have a huge feeling this kid could be the Tebow of basketball.

lkingratedr
02-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Jeremy Lin Has been balling all season everytime he hits the court he makes plays drives dribble penetrates and does what u need your guard to do ... Real talk I want him to get a shot at starting and seeing how he does but Lin while not great is a good player ...

killaT
02-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Jeremy Lin needs to play. Hes got more skills than Iman Shumpert and Toney Douglass is just garbage. Not sure why Mike Dantoni plays Toney Douglass alot. Lin is a play maker and fills up the stat sheets when he checks into the game. He needs to start over Douglass right now. Dantoni is such a homer for TD

meloman1592
02-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Anyone watch his postgame interview?

I have a huge feeling this kid could be the Tebow of basketball.

I said the same thing

uprightciti
02-05-2012, 03:26 AM
lin actually could average 5 apg a game henis only 24 and smart ad ****. His leafership over stat meli.anf chandler could brcome challrngijf

uprightciti
02-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Damn u auto correct

FriedTofuz
02-05-2012, 03:29 AM
okay this post will address majority of whats being said in the thread

Its only one game, typical knick fans overating and the OP probably only saw this one game
No, Lin has many other good game and solid games. I watched him in the summer league a year ago and heard about how he was doing in golden state. If a teamate like tyson chandler can recognize lin who he sees more than us, then it is true that lin does deserve more playing time. D'antoni just sucks and coaching and is wasting time with toney douglas and that new rookie.

Overating knicks players after one game?
Look at this game against the lakers. In limited 17 minutes he scores 13 pts in a win against my lakers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=403ZUJxiS7w

he wont play like this again it was a one time thing
I dont know **** about the knicks but I found it interesting that a harvard man was in the nba and always watched over his progress. He can do this again and again, after his career high against the lakers he got even better and led the knicks to a win. everyone just needs playing time. he has very good ball iq and knows how to pass. People with High ball IQ make great decisions.

And yes I'm not a knick fan and I dont know anything about them . I'm typically a person to laugh when I see iman shumpeet sigs and comments, but Lin is for real.

Get him some playing time and he will develop, get better, and at least be a solid backup.

Voodoo Alchemy
02-05-2012, 03:30 AM
the chinese chris paul

im assuming lin is asian

why would you assume that? because of his last name? black hair? slanted eyes?

im not sure but i think melo is african american but i can't tell.

of course lin is asian, what are you thinking son?

SkipBaylessFan
02-05-2012, 03:33 AM
LOL. seems like after every obscurer player has a good game, a thread like this pops up. Anthony Morrow for MVP!

Voodoo Alchemy
02-05-2012, 03:36 AM
lin > amare + melo

Supreme LA
02-05-2012, 04:36 AM
I think Lin is going to have a long career in the NBA. The kid hustles and plays a very smart and controlled game for being so young.

I've seen him live up in person in a pickup game during the lockout and he shut Gilbert Arenas down while at the same time destroying him on the offensive end.

One thing I know for sure, at this present time, Lin is a lot better than Gilbert Arenas. #Witness

John Walls Era
02-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Seriously after one game? Against the Nets? If it was the Kings, then maybe. Regardless, if he does pan out then the Knicks won't have to draft a PG in the lottery this year.

If it was against the Kings we might as well give the Knicks the Championship and give Lin MVP.

John Walls Era
02-05-2012, 04:54 AM

I don't know which sentence is more wrong. The last part or the first part. Everyone wanted Antoni fired because the offense was stagnant.

PacersForLife
02-05-2012, 05:15 AM
I don't know which sentence is more wrong. The last part or the first part. Everyone wanted Antoni fired because the offense was stagnant.

I think he's confusing D'Antoni with Steve Nash.

Evolution23
02-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Since every one in here is a hater... It was fun watching Lin take a **** on the Nets and their "superstar" point guard. More to come on your favorite team. Stay tuned haters!

ESaady
02-05-2012, 05:34 AM
He's not 6'10. He didn't just score over 30 points. He doesn't have two first names.

HOWEVER, I thoroughly enjoyed his time on the Warriors. He made that team a contender and I don't understand why my Golden State Warriors let him go JK. I kinda wish we still had him lolz.

Slimsim
02-05-2012, 05:55 AM
I missed the game was he really that good o is this just a typical baiting Thead ?

jimm120
02-05-2012, 06:14 AM
I missed the game was he really that good o is this just a typical baiting Thead ?

Yeah, I didn't get to finish. I watched up to the end of the 2nd quarter (then the feed went out on the stream). I followed the game until it was 72-71 ....I went to bed thinking that I'd find dantoni fired today :(.

1st half, which I saw...Lin was ok. Drive and some good passes.
3rd quarter, which I followed comments & statsheet... He ended up 10-5-5 but was missing shots. His offense just isn't that good.

So, that's what I saw. Maybe u should I stayed till the 4th?

NYY09
02-05-2012, 06:22 AM
A lot of these posts are comical, at best.

The kid had a great game against a very good player and pretty bad team playing for a team thats a mess right now. Give him credit and move on, seriously.

Is he "the answer" or any non-sense like that? Who knows... Its not the point right now anyway. Point is, he has played the position well enough in his limited time to earn more time and thats about it.

The fact that D'Anphony hasn't given him any burn only reflects his inabilities to actually "coach" a team.

THE WALL
02-05-2012, 06:39 AM
what happened to Iman "Jesus Christ" Shumpert?

jimm120
02-05-2012, 07:00 AM
what happened to Iman "Jesus Christ" Shumpert?

Iman still plays. He's good. Better than Lin. But the Knicks seriously need a pure PG, and Lin is the closest to that.

Iman is more of a scoring PG or Combo Guard. Iman is doing what we EXPECTED of him when we drafted him: getting steals and playing pretty ok Defense. He's made rookie mistakes, but they are what they are. He needs to get better at passing the ball (which is still better than Toney, or Bibby). But Lin is even better than Iman at passing/setting plays. btw, overall, they're all still below what you want, but this is what the Knicks have.

The problem is that TOney Douglas has been putrid this year for some reason. Yet, D'antoni kept playing him. That is why everyone was happy to see Iman get some of Douglas' minutes before, and why people are happy that Lin got some of his minutes again.

Toney is good, but damn, has he been bad this year. His defense has deteriorated under D'antoni (yes, he started out real good when he came into the league). and his offense this year has been so, so bad!

Evolution23
02-05-2012, 07:44 AM

He played out his mind.

Silent
02-05-2012, 08:05 AM
He's the next Iman Shumpert. Prepare for Knick "fans" to change their sigs to Lin.

:clap:

blastmasta26
02-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Lin can be a stopgap starter this season and a good backup next year. Lin has shown flashes of good play, albeit in garbage time, but last night against the Nets was definitely a cause for optimism, but not necessarily a thread considering the hate that Knicks fans get for threads they don't even start. Lin is the only true point on the whole damn team, which is why there is excitement in the fanbase. When you are deprived of something for so long, just the slightest glimmer of hope can tend to lead to overreaction. So while I doubt Lin will ever be a star, he can be productive off the bench and maybe as a starter.

toovey107
02-05-2012, 09:17 AM
John Wall sucks.

blahblahyoutoo
02-05-2012, 09:33 AM
all it takes is one bad game by lin, and you'll have everyone retracting their statements.

omdigga
02-05-2012, 09:38 AM

netsgiantsyanks
02-05-2012, 09:44 AM
he played smart, took it to the basket and everything. BUT, it's only one game.

Iron24th
02-05-2012, 09:47 AM
He's a decent backup at best.

yankeesown69
02-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Only time will tell. I'm hoping he can be a stop gap for now and then eventually a solid backup pg. Knicks don't need him to put up great numbers every night. They just need a guard who can get into the paint and make the right decision from there, whether its taking the shot or dishing. Also, finally a guy that can run a pick and roll. He even made jared jeffries look good tonight LOL

lvlheaded
02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I like Lin. I think he is capable of being a decent player. He's smart and has a decent skill set. I hope he can show he's capable of contributing if given the minutes

Gallo4Ever
02-05-2012, 10:43 AM
the chinese chris paul

im assuming lin is asian

He is American. Or perhaps you refer to Chris Paul as the African PG?

Ignorance leads to racism.

save the knicks
02-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Lins game is more of an indication of how badly the Knicks need a real point guard rather than his ability

NYsFinest
02-05-2012, 11:11 AM
no knicks fan thinks lin is the answer or savior to knicks troubles.... but it would be nice if he could keep toney douglas on the bench a bit more and become a rotation player. This was a career night for lin that i dont expect to repeat, but i expect him to continue to do a better job finding our stars and moving the ball better than toney.... which should help this team.

EnWhyKay
02-05-2012, 11:15 AM
All I ask of Lin or any other Knick PG for that matter is to run the offense and make the right pass.. Hit the open jumpshot to take pressure off of our Superstars.. If he can do that he will be great for us..

No matter what.. The missing ingrdient for the knicks is a capable PG. Once we get that then we can truly gauge this team.. Until then we will continue to stink..

I would like to see what Lin can do against a very good defense.. Utah should be a good test on Monday..

willabeast77
02-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Baron Davis will be the Knicks starter once he comes back. Seems like people forgot about him

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I never crowned him pg of the future. If there is a Knicks thread ur all over it with negativity. You have been doing it for years.the kid attacks sometimes to a fault but any penetration is a plus for the Knicks because nobody else does it. To lose because of Jeffries and Lin stings you but it shouldn't . And speaking of typical is there ever a time when ur not throwing jabs at the Knicks . We stink right now and ur in the lead for D12 in a two team race between Nets and LA. Why are u so mad???

Typical Knicks fan reply...

Brook Lopez while not elite defensively is at LEAST average. Lets not pretend like you know anything about Brook Lopez. The Nets struggles even with Deron Williams should prove how much he helped the Nets. Either way ANY C would have helped tonight. Lets not pretend like Mr Lin would have been driving the paint all night if the Nets had a had a any semblance of an interior D.

That team we beat the other night BTW was on a days rest and was against the worst team in the league and a team that has sucks offensively and has trouble generating points in the paint.

Lets not try and compare the Knicks and the Pistons. While the Knicks are indeed playing like garbage.. they are not playing bad like DET.

Anyway back OT... your PG abused a team with absolutely no C and i would wait till Mr Lin does this against a team that has a C before claiming him to be the "PG of the future".

WVNowitzki
02-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I wish Dallas would of drafted Lin. He played summer league for them and was a flat out stud at Harvard. I wish him the best of luck, too bad he slipped away from us!

netsgiantsyanks
02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
i want to also add that the nets frontcourt at this moment is ****ing terrible. not trying to take anything away from lin's night, but damn.

AndyfromNeptune
02-05-2012, 11:33 AM
i want to also add that the nets frontcourt at this moment is ****ing terrible. not trying to take anything away from lin's night, but damn.

what are you talking about??

Johan Petro has Dwight Howard potential in my opinion !!

:p

babyang04
02-05-2012, 12:00 PM
i never really realized how the vital the pg position is in this kind of system until this game.

netsgiantsyanks
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
what are you talking about??

Johan Petro has Dwight Howard potential in my opinion !!

:p

lolirrevelantopinion

but seriously though, lol. i wish.

heyman321
02-05-2012, 12:20 PM
yellow mamba!!!!!!!!!

2-ONE-5
02-05-2012, 12:21 PM
they should trade him now for Deron Williams.

Seriously why does everyone continue to take the smallest of things and try to turn them into something positive for the Knicks?

BKLYNpigeon
02-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Knick fans love to over hype their players, like Schumpert.

Lin is a solid back up PG at best. he is a career D-leaguer. He had one good game, but if he can keep his confidence up, he should be able to average half of his stats last night.

Broadwayjoe NY
02-05-2012, 12:41 PM
What I find absolutely hilarious and extremely indicative of PSD and the majority of sports' forums is that 90%+ of the people criticizing or even talking about him are people who didn't even watch the game. Most of the people talking dislike the knicks, could be on the west coast etc. yet somehow find time in their night to turn on the knicks vs nets game on a saturday night?? It's all just posturing at this point. If you actually watched him play and compared it to the pg play we've had of recent, you would know that our offense tends to stagnate with TD in or in the fourth quarter, but not with Lin. He can dribble penetrate, which opens up the rest of the floor.

Yes, it wasn't against an elite defense, but looking past that you can see the skills that he has. If the kid can put up 10 pts and 7 assists than that's all you need in the Knicks' offense. You just need someone to give Amare, Chandler and Melo the ball in places that they can succeed in. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it seems most of the people should just give their opinion and just take a wait and see approach, instead of acting like a petulant child and baiting everyone.

nycericanguy
02-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Lin is a solid back up PG at best. he is a career D-leaguer. He had one good game, but if he can keep his confidence up, he should be able to average half of his stats last night.

he;s 23 years old and this is his 2nd NBA season. You say that as if he's spent 9 years in the d league.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I never crowned him pg of the future. If there is a Knicks thread ur all over it with negativity. You have been doing it for years.the kid attacks sometimes to a fault but any penetration is a plus for the Knicks because nobody else does it. To lose because of Jeffries and Lin stings you but it shouldn't . And speaking of typical is there ever a time when ur not throwing jabs at the Knicks . We stink right now and ur in the lead for D12 in a two team race between Nets and LA. Why are u so mad???

:laugh2: Sensitive much? I dont throw jabs at the Knicks... i used to but i got over my bitterness when the Nets got Deron Williams.

Now all you get is a few sarcastic posts such as Shumpert GOAT... and a a few truths like Melo is overrated which by now i think most of the league has become aware of... well... except the idiots that voted him to the all star game.

Anyway like i said.. Lin is a nice third string PG that could turn into a good back up but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIIo6GNW70k

Here are all his highlights from that night. Only about a 1/3 of his points came against Deron Williams and it mostly Deron going under the screen and Lin being hot but you cant expect Lin to drain those all the time. He was just hot that night. You think the scouting report on Lin said to play him tight cuz he is a deadly shooter or did it say to force him to drain the shots that he made? His penetration has always been there but the way he scored just shows how little the Nets have in the way of interior D.

When he penetrated against Deron it was mostly off of picks against one of the worst pick and roll defending teams in the league and we had no C to defend the paint whatsoever. Lets not forget that Lin was also the freshest player in the game. The Nets playing the end of a B2B and 4 games in 5 nights while the Knicks were on a B2B2B. Lin killed the game with high energy.

Federal Reserve
02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
:laugh2: Sensitive much? I dont throw jabs at the Knicks... i used to but i got over my bitterness when the Nets got Deron Williams.

Now all you get is a few sarcastic posts such as Shumpert GOAT... and a a few truths like Melo is overrated which by now i think most of the league has become aware of... well... except the idiots that voted him to the all star game.

Anyway like i said.. Lin is a nice third string PG that could turn into a good back up but

Here are all his highlights from that night. Only about a 1/3 of his points came against Deron Williams and it mostly Deron going under the screen and Lin being hot but you cant expect Lin to drain those all the time. He was just hot that night. You think the scouting report on Lin said to play him tight cuz he is a deadly shooter or did it say to force him to drain the shots that he made? His penetration has always been there but the way he scored just shows how little the Nets have in the way of interior D.

When he penetrated against Deron it was mostly off of picks against one of the worst pick and roll defending teams in the league and we had no C to defend the paint whatsoever. Lets not forget that Lin was also the freshest player in the game. The Nets playing the end of a B2B and 4 games in 5 nights while the Knicks were on a B2B2B. Lin killed the game with high energy.

Lin had better stats than Williams. Williams was getting killing by Lin all night long.

kjoke
02-05-2012, 01:04 PM
After watching the Highlitghts it pretty clear: no one else on the knicks could ever do those things. He might not be the savior but he gives the knicks something they don't have/.

AsfanSince99
02-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah, It's not a fluke because he did things like this in small doses. I remember he got his big break in the summer league killing John Wall and the Warriors ended up out bidding him from the Lakers.

So, yes we found a future PG for our bench and possibly as a starter.

Pushes the tempo, finishes around the rim, great defense, good court vision and a high IQ. He's a keeper to develop.
...and yet, the dubs still let him go.... :facepalm:

you mention his "great defense"?? D'Antoni said that was the reason why he hasn't played him because he wasn't a good defender.

Kashmir13579
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM
After watching the Highlitghts it pretty clear: no one else on the knicks could ever do those things. He might not be the savior but he gives the knicks something they don't have/.

Well said.

notch_johnson
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM
It's a well known fact that Mike James has been personally mentoring him!!!!
-this guy is no suprise!

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Lin had better stats than Williams. Williams was getting killing by Lin all night long.

Deron Williams: 21pts, 11ast, 6reb, 3stl

Jeremy Lin: 25pts, 7asst, 5reb, 2st

I dont see where he had better stats... you mean the 4 pts?

I feel stupid even having to make this post cuz i know you cant be this much of an idiot and you must be joking but..

Lin who gets no playing time was the freshest body out there against a team on the end oa B2B and 4 games in 5 nights, one of the worst pick and roll defenses in the league and a team that plays without a C or any semblance of an interior D.

The Knicks were also on a B2B2B so Lin abused a bunch of tired legs when his team was playing tired.

Like i said, Lin is good at penetrating but since when has he been a good finisher? Ever since the Nets decided to play Jordan Williams and Shelden Williams at C because their 2 C's are out.

HouRealCoach
02-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Trade him for Deron...

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 01:16 PM

Agreed. Tony Douglas is a scrub. Lin at least can break down the D and penetrate and he seems to have good passing instincts. If the Knicks dont play him more after this then the Knicks are stupid.

goNYgoNYgo
02-05-2012, 01:16 PM
yellow mamba

goNYgoNYgo
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM

stop talkimg out ur ***

2 years in the league

played only one game in the dleague in which he had a triple double

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Trade him for Deron...

Can we get Shumpert too?

THE MTL
02-05-2012, 01:21 PM

Please stop saying this. Knicks are NOT a run n' gun system and if you watched us for 2 minutes you would realize that. We play slow now. We are in the bottom half of the league in terms of pace and fast-break points.

nycericanguy
02-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Please stop saying this. Knicks are NOT a run n' gun system and if you watched us for 2 minutes you would realize that. We play slow now. We are in the bottom half of the league in terms of pace and fast-break points.

some people come into Knick threads just to say what they heard somewhere.

Funny thing is, I don't hear anyone talking about Gallo's stats being inflated now, yet he plays on the highest scoring team in the NBA.

Amare is injury prone yet hasnt had a serious injury since 2005.

Knick players stats are only cuz of the system, yet we havent run that SSOL offense in about 3 years.

its really all just ignorance and hate.

arkanian215
02-05-2012, 02:00 PM

He'd play in the CBA and get paid a ton more than D-Leaguers would.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Not sensitive at all but when any1 even remotely talks about the Nets Boom there u are . I'm not disagreeing with ur scouting report but u shouldn't dish out jabs ifnu can't handle them yourself. I guarantee if some1 posted Williams is struggling you'd write a dissertation on how Melo is overrated. It's just what u do

Lake_Show2416
02-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Lin is a terribly skilled unathletic basketball player, if he's the answer, someone's asking the wrong question lol

it's not hard to get inflated stats on the Knicks

SluggeR
02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Shao-Lin gives the Knicks offense rythm (who would have thunk it).

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Not sensitive at all but when any1 even remotely talks about the Nets Boom there u are . I'm not disagreeing with ur scouting report but u shouldn't dish out jabs ifnu can't handle them yourself. I guarantee if some1 posted Williams is struggling you'd write a dissertation on how Melo is overrated. It's just what u do

Umm because im a Nets fan?..

I will admit that it is very entertaining to ridicule certain Knicks because they can be so sensitive and they love to overrate their players. BTW imo the Knicks WILL turn it around this year so im am just thoroughly enjoying the temporary Knicks fans' agony as they watch "the best frontline in the NBA" struggle. :laugh2:

The only player criticism i take exception to about is Lopez cuz he is a heavily misunderstood player who people like to spew popular opinion about such as "he is a bad defender" when he is at least average and is great at times.

knicksfan42
02-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Deron Williams: 21pts, 11ast, 6reb, 3stl

Jeremy Lin: 25pts, 7asst, 5reb, 2st

I dont see where he had better stats... you mean the 4 pts?

Deron Williams: 44 min 7-19 shooting 368%, 3 turnovers (would've been more if the refs caught him blatantly stepping out of bounds twice on the same possession)

Jeremy Lin: 36 min 10-19 shooting 526%, 1 turnover

In addition the Knicks won.

He didn't obliterate Williams, he just played slightly better than him.

nycericanguy
02-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Deron Williams: 44 min 7-19 shooting 368%, 3 turnovers (would've been more if the refs caught him blatantly stepping out of bounds twice on the same possession)

In the 4th quarter Lin embarrassed D-Wil. 12 points in the final minutes to win the game.

Robbw241
02-05-2012, 03:16 PM
3rd best player ever after Shumpert and Fields

gaughan333
02-05-2012, 03:24 PM
So anyone who ever has a good game for the knicks is the (position) for the future?

The knicks blow, and I hate their fan base. That team will never be good as constructed because you can't have your two best players be allergic to defense.

KnicksR4Real
02-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Nope. Only a good game.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 04:24 PM

Note to Knicks fan:

Deron Williams leads the league in TOs and the Nets AND Knicks were dead tired. Everyone was exhausted.. except Jeremy Lin who gets no PT.

Jeremy Lin simply killed the game with high energy. Thats it.

knicks=love
02-05-2012, 04:31 PM

warriors cut him to make room for chandler. funny how that worked out right?

A Knicks fan didn't even make the thread, no need to bash their fan base.

:hi5: that's a first.

Note to Knicks fan:

Deron Williams leads the league in TOs and the Nets AND Knicks were dead tired. Everyone was exhausted.. except Jeremy Lin who gets no PT.

doesn't matter if deron leads the league in STLs or TOs, lin came off the bench and shut down a top PG in this league.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 04:35 PM
In the 4th quarter Lin embarrassed D-Wil. 12 points in the final minutes to win the game.

i provided a link to all his highlights from the game. How about you watch it. Lin was only guarded by Deron for a portion of his plays and i only saw like twice that he penetrated against Deron and those were mostly thanks to high picks, not ISO plays so idk what your talking about.

The rest of his plays against Deron were again either off a high pick where Deron went under the screen cuz Lin is not known for his shooting and when Deron gave him a lot of space daring him to drain the J... Lin just had a hot hand. Nothing that can be done.

It was enough of a stretch for the Nets to hope to contain "The Best Frontcourt In The League".. which they did for the most part and an unknown scrub who had fresh legs decided to use his high energy to kill the Nets. :shrug: What can we do?

Friday Nikola Pekovic scored a career high 27.. the Nets dont have the players to contain EVERYONE. They do their best on the stars and hope the scrubs remain scrubs. Solid strategy for such an injury depleted team.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 04:39 PM
warriors cut him to make room for chandler. funny how that worked out right?

:hi5: that's a first.

doesn't matter if deron leads the league in STLs or TOs, lin came off the bench and shut down a top PG in this league.

:sigh: ok.. the NY mob is taking over the thread.. i guess i have to give in. you guys win.

Jeremy Lin magically shut down Deron Williams and clowned him in the process. Lin also took it right to the Nets dominant interior defense and tore their superior pick and roll defense to shreds.

madiaz3
02-05-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0oaqWMLdwk

not a fluke. you can say fluke with him hitting a ton of threes or something but not for these kind of plays.

zoned88
02-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Here's a link to all the Lin highlights play by play..anyone who didn't watch the game Judge for yourselves

http://mobile.postingandtoasting.com/2012/2/5/2773072/video-the-night-of-jeremy-lin

knicks=love
02-05-2012, 04:45 PM
such a pretty pass to jeffries :drool:

Silent
02-05-2012, 04:49 PM
First we had to hear about Shumpert now we have to hear about this scrub give him some games before u make him the next best thing

Netslunatic76
02-05-2012, 04:51 PM
he also knows kung fu

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/13/fullj.17cb261944a23fe1382903a5325106ef/ap-201202042133776062200.jpg

Damn right!

John Walls Era
02-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Its 1 nice game. The guys in his 2nd year and has barely played. Theres no reason to label him as something he may or may not be. Hes plays smart and looks like he works hard, but 1 game at a time.

scutch11
02-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Its 1 nice game. The guys in his 2nd year and has barely played. Theres no reason to label him as something he may or may not be. Hes plays smart and looks like he works hard, but 1 game at a time.

No Knicks fans are labeling him as anything other than a better option than Toney Douglas, which is undeniable. This thread is just fans of other teams who haven't watched the Knicks for more than 2 minutes at a time saying that his stats were inflated by a "run n gun" system that we havent run for years. This should be closed honestly nothing is coming out of it except the bashing of Knicks fans, and this time it's actually undeserved

Evolution23
02-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Note to Knicks fan:

Haha the Nets were tired? This was the Knicks 3rd game in a back to back to back. Don't use that tired excuse here, every team is tired. Except the fact that Deron got out played by Lin. Get your haters goggles off.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Haha the Nets were tired? This was the Knicks 3rd game in a back to back to back. Don't use that tired excuse here, every team is tired. Except the fact that Deron got out played by Lin. Get your haters goggles off.

Your truly an idiot or maybe you cant read which would make a.. oh whatever your an idiot.

Point was that your scrub gets no PT so there was not anyone on the Nets that could match his energy cuz were all tired.

Ill take Deron's stats for that game on his tired legs before i take your scrub's miracle game stats.. you can keep the extra 4pts

Punk
02-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Lol at this thread. Nobody is saying he is the 2nd coming of Steve Nash but he certainly can contribute and is a good backup PG for us and potential starter until B-Davis returns.

2-ONE-5
02-05-2012, 06:06 PM
No Knicks fans are labeling him as anything other than a better option than Toney Douglas, which is undeniable. This thread is just fans of other teams who haven't watched the Knicks for more than 2 minutes at a time saying that his stats were inflated by a "run n gun" system that we havent run for years. This should be closed honestly nothing is coming out of it except the bashing of Knicks fans, and this time it's actually undeserved

That is bcuz there is a Knicks thread on the main forum multiple times a week for no reason. The Knicks are back, they will contend for a title, Shumpert is God, etc etc etc etc etc and now Lin is the next big thing after 1 game vs one of the worst teams in the league. Keep the threads in the NYK forum and maybe you wont have to deal with everyone bashing the overrated Knicks

Punk
02-05-2012, 06:10 PM
That is bcuz there is a Knicks thread on the main forum multiple times a week for no reason. The Knicks are back, they will contend for a title, Shumpert is God, etc etc etc etc etc and now Lin is the next big thing after 1 game vs one of the worst teams in the league. Keep the threads in the NYK forum and maybe you wont have to deal with everyone bashing the overrated Knicks

Lol This thread wasn't even started by a Knicks fan. Now, go sit in a corner and brush up on that reading.

Broadwayjoe NY
02-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Your truly an idiot or maybe you cant read which would make a.. oh whatever your an idiot.

Point was that your scrub gets no PT so there was not anyone on the Nets that could match his energy cuz were all tired.

Ill take Deron's stats for that game on his tired legs before i take your scrub's miracle game stats.. you can keep the extra 4pts

OOooooh the irony. :cheers:

Punk
02-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Kinda sad that we get the "u overrate da players !" "save it for da knicks forum" crap when nobody said a word when Norris Cole had that breakout game and nobody said a word when Gaines came straight from the D-league and torched the Cavs.

There is a big difference to thinking it's too soon for threads like this and just straight up hating.

Becks2307
02-05-2012, 10:03 PM
people assume any thread about the knicks was made by a knicks fan.

IDunknown
02-06-2012, 03:16 AM
people assume any thread about the knicks was made by a knicks fan.

Exactly,a Knicks fan didn't even start this thread.

IDunknown
02-06-2012, 03:31 AM

If you're talking about the "Shumpert is the best two way player" thread that was an obvious troll thread.How can we keep threads in the Knicks forum,if non Knicks fans start threads?Lin is "the next big thing" on the Knicks,if he is a capable point guard.That isn't saying he is an all star.

latinofire21
02-06-2012, 04:24 AM
I laugh at all the haters for a couple reasons. For all the posters who cant handle threads being made, very simple solution, dont post in them and ignore them. The real issue is that they want to kick us when we are down, but they know the Knicks are a threat nonetheless. We will get our acts together and they will only hate more. You call us overrated, I see it as not reaching our full potential.

Jeremy Lin isnt a scrub. He has the respect of superstars on his team. He has earned kudos from his teammates. He has shown with every opportunity he has recieved that he belongs in this league.

Golden State werent that bright to cut him in the first place and they knew they made a mistake thats why they tried to resign him. The kid can play and if he works out for us hes a cheap alternative to what we were looking to do next season.

Now for all the haters who are going to attempt to quote my post and all that crap let me be real precise with my next statement. By no means am I calling Lin the GOAT, MVP, a superstar ect. He fits the current needs of this team and he can be a surprise for us the way Starks was a surprise when he came to the Knicks. All he has to do is play solid defense, distribute, and control the tempo of the game. I think he is more then capable in doing that.

Haters gonna hate.

Evolution23
02-06-2012, 04:53 AM

just because your city is irrelevant doesn't mean you need to start hating on the Knicks fans. Keep your hate to yourself or people will consider you as a joker.

Evolution23
02-06-2012, 04:57 AM

idk what else to tell you except you are making excuses for your "superstar" point guard. Which makes you look like a... idiot. A D league player took out the great Deron Williams. Keep making that tired excuse kid.

Celtics33
02-06-2012, 05:39 AM
He had a nice game, but it was only one game and it was against the Nets the worst team in the league. He will have to have a couple more good games in order to help out the Knicks.

Rockice_8
02-06-2012, 09:55 AM
He had a nice game, but it was only one game and it was against the Nets the worst team in the league. He will have to have a couple more good games in order to help out the Knicks.

How are the Nets the worst team in the league? They are far from a good defensive team but they are nowhere near the worst team in the league. They are decimated by injuries and had to sign Bogans just to have 8 healthy bodies a few days ago.

These are the worst teams in the league
DET
WAS
NO
CHAR

Lin had a good game off the bench. He's a bit of an unknown and caught everyone by surprise. Is he the answer for them? Right now he is but if Knicks fans expect this every night they are in for a let down.

oak2455
02-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Lin is the next John Stockton:p

Post No Billz
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Yes...he has played ONE good game...and YES it was against the Nets...But keep in mind he was playing against D.Williams and had a hell of a game against him. Plus, he has better vision and a better presence than Douglas or Shump at point. I think they should see him as the starting point, with Shump playing the starting 2 guard and have Landry come off the bench as their 6th man. Shump is far superior in defense, but I think he is better off as a shooting guard.

quade36
02-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Wait, another player from NY to watch out for???? Haven't there already been 15 threads of other players to watch out for this year? At the Guard position, we have had Fields, Shumpert, Douglas, and oh wait til Davis comes back. The team is 9-15. Before we anoint Lin as the next allstar PG, lets see how he does for the rest of the season.

tbone2171
02-06-2012, 10:26 AM
hey guys stop mocking the knicks. I know I find it funny everytime a PG of their gers overhyped but I've been watching this kid for a while and I always thought he had something good to contribute. He is a very good passer, he can become a solid 10/8 player given minutes.

Why would you make this thread in the NBA forum then?

beasted86
02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
I always thought Lin had some game the few times I have watched him play in summer league and with Oakland, but after all this is said, the kid is averaging 5 PPG, and hasn't really done much in the league his rookie year or this season.

Premature and misplaced thread by the OP.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-06-2012, 11:31 AM
It's funny. So many people are bashing Knick fans for "overrating" Lin in this thread. Not only did a Knick fan not even make this thread, but the Knicks fans that are in here arent overrating him at all.

Having said that, yes Lin is the Knicks PG of the future. He will be starting within the 10 games, so that would make him their PG of the future. Kid looks good, and he does exactly what the Knicks need. Just play consistent basketball and get your stars good looks in and get them in a rythym

tyfreaks brotha
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
One game doesn't really mean he's the future. I think he has a solid career off the bench in front of him though. Nate Robinson all over again? But I think Iman Shumpert will be the future PG

Kashmir13579
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Can't wait to see him play tonight!

Kashmir13579
02-06-2012, 12:35 PM
One game doesn't really mean he's the future. I think he has a solid career off the bench in front of him though. Nate Robinson all over again? But I think Iman Shumpert will be the future PG

I don't think thats a good comparison at all. What similarities to you see in their games? Nate can shoot, Lin can't. Lin can pass, Nate can't. Lin has I.Q, Nate doesn't. I guess the only similarity i can think of is their quickness but they play completely different games.

John Walls Era
02-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Based on Dantoni logic, everyone probably seen the last of Lin.

colinskik
02-06-2012, 01:23 PM
What a waste of time reading some of these posts.

Here's the bottom line:
-Lin is good and will get time on the Knicks.
-He won't average the line he put up the other night.
-He penetrated and got the ball to Amare better than any other Knicks PG this year.
-You can't discount his Harvard pedigree, which means he should be able to play smart ball .... something the Knicks desperately need.

FlakeyFool
02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
For the guy below

Lin is a great 3rd PG

colinskik
02-06-2012, 01:31 PM
^ That doesn't make sense.

FlakeyFool
02-06-2012, 01:39 PM
What a waste of time reading some of these posts.

Here's the bottom line:
-Lin is good and will get time on the Knicks.
-He won't average the line he put up the other night.
-He penetrated and got the ball to Amare better than any other Knicks PG this year.
-You can't discount his Harvard pedigree, which means he should be able to play smart ball .... something the Knicks desperately need.

Doesn't mean anything

Reyes6
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I hate all this, he went to Harvard so he is an intelligent player. I'm not going to get in to how Harvard is overrated, but I think someone who went to a school with a huge basketball program probably had a better "basketball education" than someone who went to a famous law school.

Lin will be ok, nothing to rave about but they'll probably put in Davis when/if he comes back and compared to what they have had in the past, ok at PG is huge upgrade.

oak2455
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't think thats a good comparison at all. What similarities to you see in their games? Nate can shoot, Lin can't. Lin can pass, Nate can't. Lin has I.Q, Nate doesn't. I guess the only similarity i can think of is their quickness but they play completely different games.

Kash so theyre the same:rolleyes:

oak2455
02-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I love the hate......btw when he turns out to pretty good, watch all the I told you he would be good responses:D

colinskik
02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
For the guy below

Lin is a great 3rd PG
I see you erased your original statement since, like I said, it didn't make sense.

And in response to your new statement, being the 3rd PG on a team in the NBA sure seems successful to me.

Although Lin is more likely the 2nd PG on this Knicks team all things considered. An even greater success!

colinskik
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I hate all this, he went to Harvard so he is an intelligent player. I'm not going to get in to how Harvard is overrated, but I think someone who went to a school with a huge basketball program probably had a better "basketball education" than someone who went to a famous law school.

Lin will be ok, nothing to rave about but they'll probably put in Davis when/if he comes back and compared to what they have had in the past, ok at PG is huge upgrade.
If you attend/attended Harvard, you are reasonably intelligent. That much cannot be argued.

Now, I never said Lin was an "intelligent basketball player." I implied that he is intelligent, and as such would be able to learn a system/defer to better players/be the true definition of a PG, which inherently requires some intelligence to do well.

Add to that that Lin also happens to be blessed with relatively good talent, I think he can make a name for himself. He's already been the best PG the Knicks have thrown out there this year; PG being the operative phrase.

You can be mentored in the best collegiate program, from a basketball legend, but that doesn't guarantee anything. As long as you're smart enough to exploit weaknesses and talented enough to employ them, you will have relative success.

Punk
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Is it really gotten to the point where other people make threads overhyping Knick players and blaming it on the Knick fans? Seriously?

Oh, he's starting tonight by the way.

colinskik
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
I picked him up on my fantasy team.

beasted86
02-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Is it really gotten to the point where other people make threads overhyping Knick players and blaming it on the Knick fans? Seriously?

Oh, he's starting tonight by the way.

Just like PSD angry at HEAT fans for other people making threads about Miami/LeBron/Wade/Bosh and filling up the NBA Forum first page.

I feel no sympathy whatsoever.

Kashmir13579
02-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Just like PSD angry at HEAT fans for other people making threads about Miami/LeBron/Wade/Bosh and filling up the NBA Forum first page.

I feel no sympathy whatsoever.

You don't have to feel sympathy, but if you encourage it and take part in it, you are part of the problem. About as complicated as the golden rule you learn in elementary school.

nycsports2
02-06-2012, 03:47 PM
chinese john stockton...

He115ing
02-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Lol cause Golden State is SO GOOD. Anyways I think we can ALL agree on one thing: he's better than Tony Douglas. Douglas freakin blows.

I am with you there. I think they should try to keep TD as far away from the court as possible.

bklynny67
02-06-2012, 04:33 PM
People just love bashing the Knicks in here. Seriously, a non-Knick fan made this thread. And NO Knicks fan is saying he's gonna be the savior. We're just saying it's been obvious he's the best pure PG on the roster besides the injured Baron. It just look forever for our stupid coach to realize it.

Again, no one is saying Lin is great. But he gives us the best chance to win instea of the other guys that have been playing. Thats all.

Cfrey
02-06-2012, 04:37 PM
This whole ****ing thread is ridiculous.

Give him a couple games and then we will see what the **** this guy is all about.

One game and this ****er gets all this attention...

What about Pekovic?? You didn't see Wolves fans coming in to the general and saying oh man is this guy our starting center? is he a top center in the league just cause he had 27 and 11?

IDunknown
02-06-2012, 04:49 PM

Give him a couple games and then we will see what the **** this guy is all about.

What about Pekovic?? You didn't see Wolves fans coming in to the general and saying oh man is this guy our starting center? is he a top center in the league just cause he had 27 and 11?

Are you serious? Did you even read the post above yours, or the opening post?The Timberwolves already have a good big man rotation.The Knicks didn't have a point guard at all.

NYsFinest
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Reading comprehension is very important....

NO KNICK fan is hyping this guy up... we are just happy Toney Douglas gets less minutes out there. Its called addition by subtraction, if this guy can dribble, make a few decent passes and not destroy the offense's flow all Knick fans will be ecstatic.

Cfrey
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM

NO KNICK fan is hyping this guy up... we are just happy Toney Douglas gets less minutes out there. Its called addition by subtraction, if this guy can dribble, make a few decent passes and not destroy the offense's flow all Knick fans will be ecstatic.

Where did I say a Knick fan was hyping this guy up?? Ahh I didn't.

Cfrey
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
And I already know what you're going to say...

Oh but you implied that a Knick fan made this thread by saying no Wolves fans made a thread about Pekovic..

Yeah I mean still that is irrelevant.. I was just saying no Wolves fan or any fan of any team for that matter made a thread about him..

And really I was just saying this thread is pointless and there is a shitload of worthless arguing

NYsFinest
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM

An intelligent person would deduce that since you are using an example Wolves fans as being rational and not overrating their own player, then you are insinuating that Knicks fans are being irrational by overrating a bench player on their team.

NYsFinest
02-06-2012, 05:00 PM
And I already know what you're going to say...

Oh but you implied that a Knick fan made this thread by saying no Wolves fans made a thread about Pekovic..
Yeah I mean still that is irrelevant.. I was just saying no Wolves fan or any fan of any team for that matter made a thread about him..

And really I was just saying this thread is pointless and there is a shitload of worthless arguing

Let me know when you find a PSD thread with meaningful arguing.

Kashmir13579
02-06-2012, 05:16 PM

Understanding and acknowledgement of context is important.

This is where you heavily implied.

utl768
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
im pissed that im about to add this dude in fantasy

AI
02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
He's playing amazing tonight.

Nick O
02-06-2012, 09:37 PM
lolololol .. still id like to see him do well

NYYCowboys
02-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Linsainity!!!!!!

joey numbiz
02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
-hes played pretty well in garbage time getting only 5 or so mins in about 10 games
-he played great the other night, 25 pts, 7 ast
-hes playing great tn against the Jazz, 9 pts/7 sts no TO in the first half

He looks like a solid player but lets not get carried away, Im a Knick fan and any of my brethren ready to appoint him the PG of the future is crazy, hes probably our best option right now though

Kashmir13579
02-06-2012, 10:19 PM
This kid came out of nowhere.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-06-2012, 10:39 PM
The bar is so low in NY that mediocrity is stardom

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 10:40 PM
another great game by lin, it isnt a fluke I dont care what any of you said earlier about it being just one game, this kid could straight up play since the summer league and has always demonstrated how good he can be when given minutes. Good for the knicks, now I wont be laughing at the knicks lack of PG :)

bklynny67
02-06-2012, 10:47 PM
is anyone thats not a knicks fan watching their game tonight? anyone that is has to admit this kid has a lot of talent and can be a very good PG that the Knicks so desparately need. What an amazing last two games for this kid.

thenetslegend
02-06-2012, 10:47 PM
another great game by lin, it isnt a fluke I dont care what any of you said earlier about it being just one game, this kid could straight up play since the summer league and has always demonstrated how good he can be when given minutes. Good for the knicks, now I wont be laughing at the knicks lack of PG :)

so you will be laughing at the lakers lack of PG instead?

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 10:48 PM
other than the sloppy 7 TO's Jeremey contributed really well

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 10:49 PM
so you will be laughing at the lakers lack of PG instead?

Not after the trade deadline.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
is anyone thats not a knicks fan watching their game tonight? anyone that is has to admit this kid has a lot of talent and can be a very good PG that the Knicks so desparately need. What an amazing last two games for this kid.

Ive rarely watched the knicks but a while back I said this jeremey lin has talent and contributes well in limited minutes. Hes also a really good defender and I also said, given the oppertunity he could really shine. After hearing of his great performance, I knew Lin proved how I thought of him so I made this thread.

xxplayerxx23
02-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Linamaina lol :D

NYKnickFanatic
02-06-2012, 11:00 PM
28 and 8 for him tonight.

metsfanssince05
02-06-2012, 11:01 PM
other than the sloppy 7 TO's Jeremey contributed really wellSloppy 7 TO's? He played all minutes but 3, he was exausted and faught the entire game trying to make his team win! The linman needed his rest.

gotoHcarolina52
02-06-2012, 11:01 PM
This guy is better than Tebow

heyman321
02-06-2012, 11:02 PM
now we know...YELLOW MAMBA IN DA HOUSE

bklynny67
02-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Lin last two games and really the only games he's been given minutes.

25 pts 7 assists on 10/19 shooting

28 pts 8 assists on 10/17 shooting tonight

Both games Lin look over late in the 4th and led Knicks to a win, especially tonight he put on a show in the 4th and they had no Amar'e or Melo tonight.

Its unlikely his points stay this high, but kids got talent and could be a very good PG and get this team back on the winning track.

knicksfan42
other than the sloppy 7 TO's Jeremey contributed really well

He had to play 45 min, almost all of the turnovers came in the 4th quarter. He had 0 turnovers in the first half, if Jeffries knew how to hit lay ups his assist figures would be doubled.

FriedTofuz
Sloppy 7 TO's? He played all minutes but 3, he was exausted and faught the entire game trying to make his team win! The linman needed his rest.

Regardless, TOs are TOs Dude look at all my posts on this thread, if anything ive been soupporting lins game..

NYtilIdie
So, yeah, he's alright.....

lvlheaded
#Linning

utl768
02-06-2012, 11:04 PM
i cut jared dudley and added the kid in fantasy

maybe they found someone for once

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Where are Warrior fans?

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 11:05 PM
wow knick fans already changed their sigs to jeremey lin, whos iman shumpert?

latinofire21
I wonder what the excuse is going to be now? This thread is undeserving until he plays 20 games as a starter. Whats the odds of this being posted? 5 minutes? lol

29$JerZ
Best Pg in the East?

NYtilIdie
02-06-2012, 11:06 PM
This dude sounds just like Tim Tebow, this was fate.

CrazyCrackar
02-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Wow, idc if this is a fluke or not. That was fun to watch

FriedTofuz
to everyone who said its just one game, its two now, what you got to say?

Cal827
Nah, Anthony Carter is better.

Damn can't believe they won today despite no Amar'e and Melo fail. Good Job :D

utl768
02-06-2012, 11:08 PM
my lord and savior jesus crist

lol

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Wow, idc if this is a fluke or not. That was fun to watch

okay you cant fluke score 28 and drop 8 asts :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-06-2012, 11:09 PM
28 and 8, wow! :speechless:

gotoHcarolina52
02-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Miami has the Cole Train; New York has the Fung Wah Lin Bus.

bklynny67
02-06-2012, 11:10 PM
This dude sounds just like Tim Tebow, this was fate.

yea, i really wish he didn't just say in his interview that he "thanks god, my lord and savior".

Thats why so many people hate Tebow

Please Lin! Don't give credit to anyone else but yourself! You earned your way and you're responsible for it. No one else!

NYtilIdie
Trade Amare & Melo, we found our real franchise player!

Devster3
Good job to Lin, Thats how you earn a spot!

Let's see him keep it up. What's his chances?

KingOf215
02-06-2012, 11:11 PM
He's like Tebow... only a basketball player... asian american... and with good stats.

Jint.
02-06-2012, 11:12 PM
wow is Lin an exciting player..! KEEP IT UP.

John Walls Era
02-06-2012, 11:13 PM
yea, i really wish he didn't just say in his interview that he "thanks god, my lord and savior".

Thats why so many people hate Tebow

Please Lin! Don't give credit to anyone else but yourself! You earned your way and you're responsible for it. No one else!

People hate Tebow because he sucks for the first 3 Qs and does his Tebow Stance. A lot of players thank God before interviews.

EDIT: They also hate him because of Skip Bayless. And unfortunately for Lin, Bayless is already hyping him up (somewhat):
RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
Jeremy Lin 2nd straight amazing performance for Knicks (w/o Amare, Melo). Harvard grad bounced around but knows how to play, not afraid.

GiantsSwaGG
02-06-2012, 11:18 PM
First he embarrassed D Will, now Devin Harris...who's next on the list?

After that performance I had to order pork fried rice and chicken and and I was in the mood for sum pizza go figurr!

Slimsim
02-06-2012, 11:18 PM
wow knick fans already changed their sigs to jeremey lin, whos iman shumpert?

Not me Iman had a solid jack of all trades game

CrazyCrackar
02-06-2012, 11:20 PM
okay you cant fluke score 28 and drop 8 asts :facepalm:

Well, I was at a game when tony Douglas dropped 28 and 6 asts, so forgive me for being cautiously optimistic. Im not knocking the guy, he might've just became my favorite player, but yea its been two games.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
First he embarrassed D Will, now Devin Harris...who's next on the list?

After that performance I had to order pork fried rice and chicken and and I was in the mood for sum pizza go figurr!

he embaressed john wall at the summer league and locked him down.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Well, I was at a game when tony Douglas dropped 28 and 6 asts, so forgive me for being cautiously optimistic.

back to back games like this is not a fluke but I see where you are coming from

bmd1101
02-06-2012, 11:24 PM
to everyone who said its just one game, its two now, what you got to say?

Jury is still out, cant base anything on 2 games. To say otherwise would make you foolish or a homer. He looked good tonight though. Would have liked to seen him have some gas in the 4th, I dont think he had an assist in the 4th.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-06-2012, 11:26 PM
I really like that J Line attacks the glass something that not many players on this team do.

itsripcity32
02-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Don't forget about the most impressive stat of the night, 8 turnovers. ;)

Devster3
02-06-2012, 11:29 PM
does anyone have highlights from the game tonight?

NYsFinest
02-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Jury is still out, cant base anything on 2 games. To say otherwise would make you foolish or a homer. He looked good tonight though. Would have liked to seen him have some gas in the 4th, I dont think he had an assist in the 4th.

i agree... but to be fair he played 44 minutes and assists arent that easy to come by when the line up is walker, jeffries, novak, chandler. Ideally the Knicks will get another pg (maybe baron) and let lin play 20 min off the bench.

bklynny67
02-06-2012, 11:31 PM

He played 45 mins and the entire 2nd half. He didn't have a 4th quarter assists but made some huge scoring plays in the 4th which ultimately sealed the game. Two 3 pt plays and a huge 3 pointer late. I'll take it.

No way I'm gonna knock him for running out of gas when he played 45 mins. Who plays that much these days? Plus, the kid was only getting a couple mins here and there and all of a sudden plays 36 mins then 45 mins. Of course he's gonna be tired at the end of the game.

knicksfan42
02-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Don't forget about the most impressive stat of the night, 8 turnovers. ;)

I think the most impressive stat is 45 minutes played.