PDA

View Full Version : Kevin "the Face Stomper" Love

Pages : [1] 2

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
The Best PF in the League is such a class act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwUuU6Ltw9o&feature=player_embedded

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Should he be suspened?

FriedTofuz
02-04-2012, 11:22 PM
He should be suspended, that was dirty and unnessasary.

Gram
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
I actually just lost alotta respect for Love. I say suspend him.

amos1er
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM

Best PF in the league???? Isn't Minny a 10 seed?

Cal827
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM

You don't respect love? you must be a very lonely person. Just kidding with ya man :D

Yes he should get suspended for a game or two. On a side note, how in the **** was that strip not a foul? These goddamn refs :pity:

NoahH
02-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Looked like Scola grabbed his leg. Probably an accident

Gram
02-04-2012, 11:31 PM
You don't respect love? you must be a very lonely person. Just kidding with ya man :D

Yes he should get suspended for a game or two. On a side note, how in the **** was that strip not a foul? These goddamn refs :pity:

Hahahaha. I knew someone was gonna say something to that lol.

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM

Probably what the refs saw too, thats why the refs sucks.

Sota4Ever
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't want to sound like a homer but it kind of looked like love couldn't get his legs over scola's arms. I don't understand why his arms where up. Also those announcers are thee worst announcers I have ever listened to.

jpagemn
02-04-2012, 11:35 PM
i should have known it would be you who would start this thread.

a) stepped on his chest.

b) Scolas hands are up, and Love trips.

Unfortunate play, but not intentional, therefor not "dirty"

northsider
Ouch!

Hawkeye15
Love is the first player in history to be dirty. Suspend him 20 games.

I miss the old NBA, where you could be a man.

He will face at least a fine, and maybe suspension. If you lost respect for him here, please watch him play and watch how hard he gets fouled on a nightly basis. Thanks.

Spiggity_ace
02-04-2012, 11:36 PM
lost lots of respect for him, wut a bastard scola seems like such a nice guy too, **** klove now, he aint no lamarcus aldridge anyway

Hawkeye15
btw, anyone who has watched Scola play knows he is as annoying as they come, and is a flopping cheap shot. It was back and forth all night, the Houston announcers (maybe the worst in the NBA) made the biggest deal out of this.

Mauersota
Pause the video at about 19 seconds and slowly move the video along by start/pausing/starting/pausing, you can clearly see Scola moves his left arm into Love's leg (perfect defensive reaction), Scola creates the contact that trips Love. Both are to blame, neither did wrong.

iliketurtles24
02-04-2012, 11:37 PM
There were many missed calls this game. A couple of games ago the balls were thrown at kloves balls. I think there is tenion between these two teams. If "the stomp" was on purpose i am not happy with love, but that was not the only "Bad" thing that happend. You are naive to think so if you do.

two years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41BJtidTVAg
A couple of games ago
i cant find a link

Bscanosu21
02-04-2012, 11:37 PM
^^^ Your exactly right. Scola put his arms up and Love tried to step over him. That was not close to a "stomp"

Hawkeye15
02-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Pause the video at about 19 seconds and slowly move the video along by start/pausing/starting/pausing, you can clearly see Scola moves his left arm into Love's leg (perfect defensive reaction), Scola creates the contact that trips Love. Both are to blame, neither did wrong.

This. Scola can try and win his 15th Academy Award on the basketball floor for flopping, but Love wasn't even looking down at him as he stepped, and Scola tripped him up, therefore Love shot his leg down to gain balance.

You guys can think its as dirty as the worst announcers in the NBA, but there was no intent in slow motion. Scola again was trying to force something out of nothing with one of the toughest bigs in the NBA. He got what he asked for.

Hawkize31
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM

He will face at least a fine, and maybe suspension. If you lost respect for him here, please watch him play and watch how hard he gets fouled on a nightly basis. Thanks.

No part of the NBA, past or present, should allow for stomping on a downed player's face. Unacceptable. Warrants a large fine and a suspension.

Edit: Looking at the video, its hard to tell if there's any intent from Love, but it doesn't look good. I think it was avoidable. Love chose to let it happen.

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM
LOL the excuses are hilarious. "Well Love got fouled hard and hacked... and Scola is a ... is a... Flopper". I don't need to explain how dirty that play was. If it was the other way around, all the TWolves fans would be screaming for Scola to get suspended from the league forever.

jpagemn
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
LOL the excuses are hilarious. "Well Love got fouled hard and hacked... and Scola is a ... is a... Flopper". I don't need to explain how dirty that play was. If it was the other way around, all the TWolves fans would be screaming for Scola to get suspended from the league forever.

Dude, you are little more than an instigator on here daily. If he had no intent, it couldnt have been dirty.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
No part of the NBA, past or present, should allow for stomping on a downed player's face. Unacceptable. Warrants a large fine and a suspension.

Edit: Looking at the video, its hard to tell if there's any intent from Love, but it doesn't look good. I think it was avoidable. Love chose to let it happen.

Scola tripped him up, Love was trying to step over him. When something trips you up, do you just go ahead and concede, and eat ****, or do you throw that foot down and try and save yourself?

LOL at you making this thread with the pure intent to knock on Love for catching himself from being tripped, and poor Scola just happening to be there. If it was the other way around, and I saw Love trip up Scola, and Scola tried to save himself by stepping down and it landed on Love, so be it. The biggest reason anyone has a problem with this is because Love looked down at him after a hard strip (foul that was missed) before it happened.

Scola isn't a flopper? You have literally never watched Houston play if you think that.

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Dude, you are little more than an instigator on here daily. If he had no intent, it couldnt have been dirty.

Instigator? What is there to instigate? He stepped on someones face. He clearly looks down and sees Scola.

TheRunKiller
02-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Wow really Kevin? I kinda lost some respect for him

SlimKid
02-04-2012, 11:50 PM
If you honestly think he stepped on Scola's face, there is not much of an argument.. He stepped on his chest if anything, and both are to blame for the play..

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:51 PM
LOL at you making this thread with the pure intent to knock on Love for catching himself from being tripped, and poor Scola just happening to be there. If it was the other way around, and I saw Love trip up Scola, and Scola tried to save himself by stepping down and it landed on Love, so be it. The biggest reason anyone has a problem with this is because Love looked down at him after a hard strip (foul that was missed) before it happened.

Scola isn't a flopper? You have literally never watched Houston play if you think that.

I always said Love was the best PF in the league. Why would I wanna knock KLove for no reason? My flopping quote was in regards to how bad that excuse is. Just because someone is a flopper, you can step on them? Kevin Love looked down and saw Scola. I'm not making this up, theres a video.

SlimKid
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
we went from a stomp to a step.. that was quick

iliketurtles24
Instigator? What is there to instigate? He stepped on someones face. He clearly looks down and sees Scola.

where did he step on his face, it was his chest!

Hawkeye15
the last angle shows Love was attempting to step over Scola. If you don't see that, don't know what to tell you.

Bullsfan22
Lmfao, he's getting suspended. Sneaky stomp, comparable to the Kobe elbows.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2012, 11:53 PM
I always said Love was the best PF in the league. Why would I wanna knock KLove for no reason? My flopping quote was in regards to how bad that excuse is. Just because someone is a flopper, you can step on them? Kevin Love looked down and saw Scola. I'm not making this up, theres a video.

watch it again. Specifically, watch the last angle they show. Love was trying to step OVER Scola, Scola put up his hands in a defensive motion (anyone would do this), tripping Love up, and Love stepped down to catch his balance.

Iodine
02-04-2012, 11:54 PM
OMG THIS IS WORSE THAN WHEN LARRY BRID FOUGHT DR. J!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much the best non issue ever, but we do live in the twitterverse, so he will be fined

and LAWL at the idea of a loss of respect for KLove

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:55 PM
where did he step on his face, it was his chest!

:laugh: ok. Lets just close the thread up. Clearly Kevin Love stepped on his CHEST by accident after looking down. Kevin Love must've forgot that Scola was down there.

This was a thread to talk about what KLove did and what the league will do to him. Not make up stories. Also I'm under the impression that people think I wanna see Kevin Love get bashed.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2012, 11:56 PM
The biggest thing I find funny is, no matter your perspective on this play, some of you are saying you are losing respect for Love. In that case, Kobe, Bynum, KG, Ray Lewis, James Harrison, Larry Bird, Alonzo Mourning, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, and more athletes then it will allow me to post fit your description.

Sota4Ever
02-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Some psd posters. :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
02-04-2012, 11:57 PM
I hope this doesn't hurt his chances in the "Best PF thread"....

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 11:58 PM
The biggest thing I find funny is, no matter your perspective on this play, some of you are saying you are losing respect for Love. In that case, Kobe, Bynum, KG, Ray Lewis, James Harrison, Larry Bird, Alonzo Mourning, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, and more athletes then it will allow me to post fit your description.

Losing respect for a player doesn't mean we don't think they're good.

Sota4Ever
02-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I do wish that Love would stfu about being hacked. I can't stand love when he whines and lets the other team get a fast break

bholly
02-05-2012, 12:03 AM
This. Scola can try and win his 15th Academy Award on the basketball floor for flopping, but Love wasn't even looking down at him as he stepped, and Scola tripped him up, therefore Love shot his leg down to gain balance.

You guys can think its as dirty as the worst announcers in the NBA, but there was no intent in slow motion. Scola again was trying to force something out of nothing with one of the toughest bigs in the NBA. He got what he asked for.

Your bias is showing. I love Love, but this was intentional. I'm watching it slow on HD right now, and he's absolutely looking down at him throughout the whole thing. He knows what he's doing. He's not trying to pull that leg forward in a normal stepping motion - he doesn't have any forward momentum and the leg has stopped moving forward and is on the way down before it ever gets to a point where Scola's arms might be stopping it from going forward.
If you watch the angle from the corner of the court, his leg doesn't even go straight down (like someone look for balance), it kicks backwards (like someone stomping back onto a guy).
It isn't a trip, it's a stomp.

Iodine
02-05-2012, 12:04 AM

And Kevin Johnson and Doc Rivers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q8OSWsGzgE

WHY IS KJ ALLOWED TO BE THE MAYOR OF SACREMENTO!!!?!?!?!?

topdog
The title of this thread severely reduces credibility of the OP's position: anyone who watches the replay can see that the contact is to the chest.

I don't see it as intentional, but I can't say I know it wasn't for a fact.

jpagemn
:laugh: ok. Lets just close the thread up. Clearly Kevin Love stepped on his CHEST by accident after looking down. Kevin Love must've forgot that Scola was down there.

This was a thread to talk about what KLove did and what the league will do to him. Not make up stories. Also I'm under the impression that people think I wanna see Kevin Love get bashed.

Where would we get that idea? Maybe "the face stomper" in the title clued us in.
You post incendiary remarks and then act incredulous when people respond negatively to them.

But hey man, you "saw" what you saw.

TubbyBucket
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Not a "stomp," really...

topdog
02-05-2012, 12:09 AM
You all must not watch much basketball very much because I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone on the ground like Scola reaching up their arms and grabbing the other player's leg. Why is he even putting his hands up? My point: Love has to avoid them and find someplace to plant his leg as he goes to sprint down court in actual time of about a second.

I swear people just want to jump on anything they can and make it into an incident. SMH. "Oh, look he back handed that guy in the face!" ...only that was in the process of flailing from a foul strip.

JC_
02-05-2012, 12:09 AM
lol @ the word "stomp". Looked pretty dirty but if Scola wouldn't have put up his arms so high I doubt Love would have put his foot down on him at all. Scola got hacked hard and ended up landing on his front.. he then - like a dumbass -, stays on the ground and turns over onto his back and puts his arms up.

Cfrey
02-05-2012, 12:11 AM
hahahahahaha some people are so ****ing stupid.

he didn't stomp on anyone.. it was clearly accidental.. get yo heads checked people

pacofunk64
02-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Not that ****ing bad...dirty sure, but Scola probably deserved it.

bholly
02-05-2012, 12:13 AM

The title of this thread severely reduces credibility of the OP's position: anyone who watches the replay can see that the contact is to the chest.

I don't see it as intentional, but I can't say I know it wasn't for a fact.

You're both half right and half wrong. The majority of the contact is the sole of the foot on the chest (not directly on the face like the title implies), but the front of his foot catches (sort of drags down) the bottom half of Scola's face as the foot goes down.

The contact is to both.

mavwar53
02-05-2012, 12:16 AM

Thats what I thought too, he's going to have to do something like this again for me to lose any respect for him, considering Scola would probably do something like what most people think Love did I think Scola had more control of Love's foot that it looks.

iliketurtles24
02-05-2012, 12:16 AM
haha, this is stupid. Maybe people should talk about the fact that the wolves won and reached .500!

Lakers + Giants
02-05-2012, 12:17 AM
At least a 3 game suspension. Had Bynum done this everyone would say 10 game suspension, I'm not even kidding.

lavilevi23
02-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Dirty. I hope he gets suspended.

Cfrey
02-05-2012, 12:19 AM
LOL are you people kidding me ?? Holy **** the idiocy. It's remarkable.

Suspend him for what? I bet he doesn't get suspended and any minute now we are going to here what he has to say about the accident that took place.

Get over yourself people.

iliketurtles24
02-05-2012, 12:19 AM
At least a 3 game suspension. Had Bynum done this everyone would say 10 game suspension, I'm not even kidding.

That is because bynum has dont things in the past.

bholly
02-05-2012, 12:20 AM

That's true, but that's because Bynum has a history of horrible dirty plays where he tries to hurt people, so it's much easier to infer malicious intent.

Bynum would be considered a repeat offender, and it would be a much greater penalty.

They'd be right to give Bynum a bigger suspension.

mngopher35
02-05-2012, 12:21 AM
while watching the game I thought it was a dirty play by love. Now being able to watch it a couple of times it looks like love is going to step over scola until scolas arms go up and hit loves legs. If you watch the first replay at 19 seconds I think its pretty clear.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-05-2012, 12:22 AM
This is inexcusable. Kevin Love should be banned from the NBA or any sport for that matter.

MagicBucsSox
02-05-2012, 12:24 AM
I love Love for that. The new Laimbeer. Scola is a hack. Flopper.

twin4life
He will most likely get suspended I mean the 'league' has to do everything possible for the Wolves to lose so they get a better draft pick. ha what a joke Scola put his arms up delaying kevin's step.

Sota4Ever
Surprised there is no white/black debate yet.

twin4life
02-05-2012, 12:25 AM
This is inexcusable. Kevin Love should be banned from the NBA or any sport for that matter.

lol :facepalm:

effen5
02-05-2012, 12:25 AM
This thread isn't worthy. Go watch some of the old pistons bulls or NYk bulls games in the 90s.

****in ******* man.

Sota4Ever
02-05-2012, 12:27 AM
And who gives a F if you lost respect for someone.

topdog
02-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I think Minnesota fans know a thing or two about dirty players - we had Kevin Garnett for goodness sake!

The dirtiest thing Love did tonight was the "suck it" sign with Rubio. Someone find video of that.

ThunderousDemon
02-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Is love's foot okay?

Sactown
02-05-2012, 12:31 AM
KG calls this childs play

Sota4Ever
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
When did KG ever play dirty in Minnesota??

willabeast77
02-05-2012, 12:33 AM
I gained respect for Love. Good, Im glad he did that. To hell with it

topdog
02-05-2012, 12:44 AM
When did KG ever play dirty in Minnesota??

Were you blinded by his star light? The Denver playoff series for one prominent example.

twin4life
02-05-2012, 12:46 AM
I think Minnesota fans know a thing or two about dirty players - we had Kevin Garnett for goodness sake!

The dirtiest thing Love did tonight was the "suck it" sign with Rubio. Someone find video of that.

what??

Chronz
02-05-2012, 12:49 AM
James Worthy thinks he could have avoided it.

rhino17
02-05-2012, 12:50 AM
btw, anyone who has watched Scola play knows he is as annoying as they come, and is a flopping cheap shot. It was back and forth all night, the Houston announcers (maybe the worst in the NBA) made the biggest deal out of this.

And who calls out scola all the time for flopping? And Lowry? And Martin?

Bullard does it every time

this was not a flop, it was a dirty play. Physicality has nothing to do with it. Cheap shotting someone is never "tough"

lakersfan01
02-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Kevin Love isn't dirty, Luis Scola is. Stop hating, close this thread. He inadvertently tripped over him because he tried to grab his leg.

FLWolvesFan
02-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Maybe Love was just plain sick of Scola's distasteful Argentinian mullet...

Maybe they'll bury the hatchet over a nice bottle of Malbec...

I'm not sure what happened but it's two guys who normally play hard and aren't very dirty.

FLWolvesFan
02-05-2012, 01:06 AM
James Worthy thinks he could have avoided it.

Did Worthy have his goggles on? If not Love deserves to be suspended.

kdspurman
02-05-2012, 01:16 AM
I just lost a ton of respect for this guy... smh No place in basketball for that. Especially from the self-proclaimed best 4 in the game

kdspurman
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM

Maybe true. Scola's like Manu. Either way he got under Love's skin enough for him to do this. He lost his composure. He'll probably get a game or 2, but hopefully he grows from this.

gotoHcarolina52
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Dirty play. Kevin Love needs to sit out 2-4 games.

FLWolvesFan
02-05-2012, 01:20 AM
BTW Love stomped his chest not his face. It looks like he was annoyed by Scola's obvious flop and his body being in front of him on the break but whatever. He'll probably at least get fined for it.

bholly
02-05-2012, 01:30 AM
BTW Love stomped his chest not his face. It looks like he was annoyed by Scola's obvious flop and his body being in front of him on the break but whatever. He'll probably at least get fined for it.

He mostly gets chest, but he catches the face on the way down. You can see it on HD.
Scola also gets a red mark on his face (as the announcers point out) which is at least supporting evidence.

DamnGoat
02-05-2012, 01:30 AM
It's hard to tell if that was intentional or not and it wasn't his face that he stepped on, it was his chest.

alexander_37
02-05-2012, 01:39 AM
i should have known it would be you who would start this thread.

a) stepped on his chest.

b) Scolas hands are up, and Love trips.

Unfortunate play, but not intentional, therefor not "dirty"

His hands are up to defend himself when he is on the ground he did not know the play was gone. Love clearly did that intentionally. I was pretty heated at that should have been foul and that dirty stepping on Scola. I liked Love up till then.

alexander_37
02-05-2012, 01:42 AM

How was that a flop ... he chopped his wrists the ball came out, Scola trips up as hes spinning and Love steps on him as he tries to defend his face on the ground.

Fnom11
02-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Seemed like a flop by Scola(however is was a foul, not disputing that), then Scola grabbed Loves leg.

Didn't really seem intentional.

FLWolvesFan
02-05-2012, 01:47 AM
How was that a flop ... he chopped his wrists the ball came out, Scola trips up as hes spinning and Love steps on him as he tries to defend his face on the ground.

Lol Scola should be up for an Oscar...

Hawkize31
It's hard to tell if that was intentional or not and it wasn't his face that he stepped on, it was his chest.

True, but I think the top part of his foot also hits Scola's face as well.

Hawkeye15

this was not a flop, it was a dirty play. Physicality has nothing to do with it. Cheap shotting someone is never "tough"

It was a dirty play from a Rockets fan point of view for sure.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2012, 01:50 AM
I will say, there is no doubt Love fouled Scola on the strip.

GoPacers33
02-05-2012, 01:59 AM
I lost respect in the Pacers v Wolves game so this comes as no suprise

FLWolvesFan
02-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Lost my respect for Hibbert in that game that's for sure. He's a hard moving screen machine!

KNICKS R BACK
02-05-2012, 02:08 AM
LOL he did that to try and create a bad boy image for himself after basically calling the pacers a bunch of fugazi tough guys the other night, even though he's not much of a tough guy himself...LOL nah but seriously i love kevin love LOL, but he should definitely be suspended for that, that was blantantly obvious that he did that on purpose...now ask me if i feel bad for scola, hell no i dont...he's a flop and he's mighty flimsy in the wrist if u catch my drift

FLWolvesFan
02-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Did Scola go to Julliard?

Bulls_fan90
02-05-2012, 02:17 AM

Yeah he's a BIG MAN for stepping on another players face after he fouls him. :clap:

NJrockPD
02-05-2012, 02:26 AM

True.

dtmagnet
02-05-2012, 02:27 AM

I do too but face stomping is crossing the line.

rhino17
02-05-2012, 02:30 AM

It was a dirty play from a human perspective. Hitting a defenseless person under any circumstance is pathetic. If you can't see that, you are blind

Chronz
02-05-2012, 02:34 AM

James Worthy is a closet Rockets fan?

PurpleJesus
02-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Intentional? probably

Face stomp? nope

he got him in the chest. Skola held up his arms to either try to trip Love, or to protect his face, and Loves foot came to Skola's chest, not face.

sunsfan88
02-05-2012, 03:01 AM
I don't care if he gets suspended or not but he needs to change his last name after doing that to Scola!

LA_Raiders
02-05-2012, 03:02 AM
dirty ****er, best PF in NBA? my ***

AI4MVP
02-05-2012, 03:09 AM
oh god. anyone who thinks that was intentional is a ****ing joke

AI4MVP
02-05-2012, 03:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9SDf5QO_bko#!

go to the 40 second mark. its so ****ing obvious that love was trying to step over scola and scola put his arms up, tripping love and making love kinda fall on him. If anything, its a dirty play in Scola for putting his arms up and trying to trip Love

Htownballa1622
02-05-2012, 03:25 AM

go to the 40 second mark. its so ****ing obvious that love was trying to step over scola and scola put his arms up, tripping love and making love kinda fall on him. If anything, its a dirty play in Scola for putting his arms up and trying to trip Love

Dirty play by scola? U fn serious? If anything it was a big accident. I'm not going to say it was intentional but it was dirty of love. He sure did a great job of casually jogging up court.

And then the ref gives the bench a tech. What bs.

Wolves fans...please quit being Homers. Yes scola flops but he in no way flopped in their offensive sequence.

celtics 34
02-05-2012, 03:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9SDf5QO_bko#! (huttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9SDf5QO_bko#!)

scola put his arms up to protect himself but it looked like he tripped him and it also looked like love stomped him but he didnt and it kinda evens out but as thought espn is trying to blow things out of proportion

bholly
02-05-2012, 03:38 AM

dude, i've watched this like 100 times in HD in slow motion from all the angles they've shown, wishing it wasn't intentional. i still think it is.
get a better quality video and watch the angle they start showing at 0:55 in the one you linked to. Love is bringing his foot down - hard - in an unnatural backward direction (that is no part of his natural gait) towards Scola's chest before there's even close to the level of contact between his legs and Scola's arms that would prevent his leg moving forward or trip him.
he isn't hitting his leg against rigid arms then falling and trying to steady himself - he's jamming his leg backwards+down and catching arms on the way.
even if he had've been running and not stomping, you can tell from that angle that Scola's arms aren't nearly enough to bring him down backwards like that - there's no strong arm or hand grab or anything. if it was a stride where he brought his leg forward in a natural way (instead of backwards and down) his leg would've kicked straight through Scola's arms - at worst he would've caught his foot and stumbled forwards - but there's no way his legs to that as a reaction to the contact of scola's arms.

the absolute worst thing is this, though:

you've always been a decent poster from what I've seen, but this kind of attitude on an issue that is clearly not cut and dried is just about the worst kind of forum retardation there is, and makes this forum stupider. that's why you can't have an actual interesting conversation on here. thanks for acting like the 14 year olds (unless you are one) and contributing to the ********.

broncosfan4eva
02-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Move on...it wasn't even all of his pressure on his leg

bholly
02-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Move on...it wasn't even all of his pressure on his leg

um, he literally took a step forward with his right foot while pushing off Scola with his left. he might not have brought his leg up and slammed it down like a wrestler or something, but he definitely had significant pressure there.

heyman321
02-05-2012, 03:51 AM
LMAO at all the Kevin Love homerism. Especially by Hawkeye and the Rubio lover dude. "I miss the old school NBA". LMAO!!! Really? That's not old school. That's just plain being a terrible human being. That was clearly intentional, and a blatant dirty play. He should be suspended one game for being a scumbag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1yjlnYjido&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=gJL6xO-QcDg

He is a CLEAR view. There is even slow motion in the 2nd video. Love literally took a step on his face to "push off". Good thing Scola handled it well.

Voodoo Alchemy
02-05-2012, 03:57 AM
white on white hate crime

AI4MVP
02-05-2012, 03:58 AM
Regardless of everything, Scola gains points with me for his attitude in that video

sargon21
02-05-2012, 04:35 AM
So I get Scola is a *****...

But how is that not dirty?

Crzycjunx76
02-05-2012, 05:17 AM
the Houston announcers (maybe the worst in the NBA)

Wayyyy off, Bill Worrell is one of the best in the business today.

PacersForLife
02-05-2012, 05:20 AM
Kevin Love isn't making himself look too great lately...

LakersIn5
02-05-2012, 05:24 AM
lol at you guys. you complain that the league has become soft but you guys cry about something like this. let the god damn players play dirty.

metsbulls1025
02-05-2012, 05:31 AM
For anyone saying it wasn't to the head is ****ing blind. Take the OP's video and pause it at 21 seconds. Scolas face is turned slightly to his left and you can see the white part of Loves foot directly on the face of Scola while Kevin Love is looking down.

Now to say love didn't see him or intentionally did it you would be wrong as well. Scola put his arms up to block the stomp to the face. You can clearly see Love give his leg an extra thrust to drive it into his face.

You are bias and/or blind if you can tell what happened in the video.

PacersForLife
02-05-2012, 05:31 AM
lol at you guys. you complain that the league has become soft but you guys cry about something like this. let the god damn players play dirty.

There's a difference between playing hard and stepping on somebody's face.

metsbulls1025
02-05-2012, 05:43 AM

You are wrong. Loves foot scrapes down Scolas face and into his chest. Just because the end result is on his chest doesn't mean it didn't hit his face first.

Fnom11
02-05-2012, 06:22 AM
There's a difference between playing hard and stepping on somebody's face.

Especially when it's their chest and not their face.

PurpleJesus
02-05-2012, 06:26 AM
There is no face stomp here...at all.

metsbulls1025
02-05-2012, 06:41 AM
What is everyone looking at. Stop the OP's video at 21 seconds. You can see Loves shoe on the side of Scolas face.

metsbulls1025
02-05-2012, 06:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IwUuU6Ltw9o#t=0s

Stop this video at 21 seconds.

Now tell me his shoe isn't on his face.

Everyone is just looking at the end result. What happens is he steps on his face and his sneaker runs down his face and ends up on his chest.

PurpleJesus
02-05-2012, 06:58 AM
and watch it from seconds 18-21, where is Love supposed to step? his progress gets stopped by Skola's hands being up, he cant step over those hands, otherwise he trips.
I mean, there is no where for Loves leg to go, except down on Skola there.

metsbulls1025
02-05-2012, 07:11 AM
and watch it from seconds 18-21, where is Love supposed to step? his progress gets stopped by Skola's hands being up, he cant step over those hands, otherwise he trips.
I mean, there is no where for Loves leg to go, except down on Skola there.

Look at Love. Is he struggling to catch his balance? No. He looks down at Scola and continues his motion straight down. Hell he doesn't even come into contact with Scolas hand until he lifts his leg up. And even then the entire time he is looking straight down so it is not like he doesn't see him.

-If you stop it at 20 seconds you see Love looking down at Scola and Scola starts to raise his arm to protect himself.

- Now if you keep hitting stop and play from 20 seconds you can see Loves motion. There was no intention to step over him. He just raises his leg and goes straight down. There was zero indication that he was off balance or going to trip.

mustaine
02-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whUORuZwPQE

blahblahyoutoo
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
those of you calling this "stomp" malicious are blind.

he clearly tripped and in trying to regain his balance, his next step was cut short and unfortunately scola was right there.
there was no wind up, no extra force added, no strength behind it.

want to see a dirty, intentional stomp?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kFd-VtM0eE

blahblahyoutoo
02-05-2012, 08:45 AM
while watching the game I thought it was a dirty play by love. Now being able to watch it a couple of times it looks like love is going to step over scola until scolas arms go up and hit loves legs. If you watch the first replay at 19 seconds I think its pretty clear.

yup, and it wasn't even retaliatory or intentional that his foot landed on his face/chest.
he was trying to REGAIN BALANCE.

JWO35
02-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Please...maybe a fine at the most, it would be a joke if they suspend him. It doesn't look intentional IMO

Iron24th
02-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Pretty bad from Love.
He should and will be suspended at least 3-5 games.

king4day
02-05-2012, 09:59 AM
I tried hard to find a reason this happend. Whether it was him getting his leg held, caught, tripped, etc..
This was on purpose. You don't need to watch the replay more than once, twice at most, to recognize it. If you are still trying to defend him then you are just a Kevin Love fan who doesn't want to believe he's not perfect anymore.

This should warrant at least 2 games. It's one thing if you push someone, but when you step on them on purpose like that, it's too dangerous.

king4day
02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
On further review of the play, Love has balance on his other foot. He could have just as easily hopped or stepped around Scola. If he's just stepping, he'd make it quick and 'limp' off him. He looked down and saw Scola there and didn't do anything to curb the weight he put on him.
I can't believe people are defending him.
We'll see when the league has its say.

Reversed86Curse
02-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't really see a huge issue with this, IMO. You'd see this on a nightly basis in the good ole days

MickeyMgl
02-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Looked like an accident to me.

MickeyMgl
02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I kinda gained some respect for him for not losing his balance. :)

BigBongTheory
02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Love is a punk, this opinion just started.

toovey107
02-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Didn't think it was that bad :shrug:

Bigus Dogus
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
None of you knows whether he did that intentionally or accidentally. There is no way to tell from looking at a video what the man's subjective intent was, and you can't say it was dirty or not without knowing what his intent was. breaking it down frame by frame doesn't reveal any of this.

What you can do is take into account the fact that Scola chucked the ball at his Love's nuts a week ago, Scola was hacking on Love all night, and the Love was clearly getting flustered. So when Love fouled him, and Scola fell to the ground, and then happened to step on him, I am inclined to believe that he either: intended to exact revenge for being hit in the nuts and stepped on him purposefully, or simply has so little respect for Scola that he was not interested in avoiding the contact. But that's just speculation.

One other thing I can speculate about is Kevin Love's $60 M reasons not to care if people here have lost respect for him. He, like Jordan, Sotckton, Bird, etc. want to win, and they dont care how they do it. I guaranty Scola has learned that lesson about Love, and has a whole new level of respect for him now.

koetravis
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
For the people saying he stepped on his chest, how did Scola have a huge red mark on the side of his face after that?

VikesTwinsWolve
02-05-2012, 11:12 AM
The Suh stomp was an obvious thrust down. This looks more like putting your foot down to avoid possible injury. Scola instigated the contact from his back! Why did he put his arms up? This isn't football scola! Not even close to dirty!

twin4life
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
"He fell down after the play. He was kind of right there," Love said. "I've got size 19 feet. He just happened to be there. I had nowhere to go. I got kind of tripped up."
"He was right there. (Tonight) happened to be his face, just like in Houston where it happened to be my groin."

twin4life
02-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I would rather take a shot to the face than the groin.

justinnum1
02-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Lost a ton of respect for love. Should be suspended 5 games. Stepping on someones face while on there back? dirty mother fcuker

heyman321
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
None of you knows whether he did that intentionally or accidentally. There is no way to tell from looking at a video what the man's subjective intent was, and you can't say it was dirty or not without knowing what his intent was. breaking it down frame by frame doesn't reveal any of this.

What you can do is take into account the fact that Scola chucked the ball at his Love's nuts a week ago, Scola was hacking on Love all night, and the Love was clearly getting flustered. So when Love fouled him, and Scola fell to the ground, and then happened to step on him, I am inclined to believe that he either: intended to exact revenge for being hit in the nuts and stepped on him purposefully, or simply has so little respect for Scola that he was not interested in avoiding the contact. But that's just speculation.

One other thing I can speculate about is Kevin Love's $60 M reasons not to care if people here have lost respect for him. He, like Jordan, Sotckton, Bird, etc. want to win, and they dont care how they do it. I guaranty Scola has learned that lesson about Love, and has a whole new level of respect for him now.

Yeah, and I'm the king of magical fairy chocolate land! Itt was clearly intentional. Love looks down before he steps, proving he knew Scola was there, AND THEN goes down with full force to push off with his ste

jpagemn
02-05-2012, 11:46 AM
What we know now, BD, is that immediately after the game he went and apologized to Scola, so we can assume the issue is not one of respect. Whether it was retaliation is, as you say, speculation, but let me provide this counter argument: Love was not looking at Scola, but rather the area in front of him where he assumed his foot would land. It is natural for our eyes to do so. When he starts to bring his foot forward it encounters Scolas naturally defensive arms. His motion impeded, he steps down, again, naturally. That is as likely as any other scenario painted in this forum, and has no malicious intent by either individual.

tmacsc2
02-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Thats what scola gets for bringing that weak European soccer flopping game to the NBA.

twin4life
02-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Lost a ton of respect for love. Should be suspended 5 games. Stepping on someones face while on there back? dirty mother fcuker

so throwing the ball off kevins groin wasnt dirty?? Ok guy, In the video if you slow it down and watch as kevin goes over him Scola's arms come up all the way to the knee. With your body going forward and once you get slowed down people tend to force their foot down to catch their balance in this case it landed where it landed just like the ball in Kevin's groin. If you cant be a man and take the unusual things that may happen in a game get the **** out of the sport. Kevin could have avoided this by trying to put his foot elsewhere and fall and everyone who is a Wolves fan defending him does not want to see their star player fall. Its part of life. Your gonna take a shot in the face at some point and in the groin sometime. Man up boys!!

Sadds The Gr8
02-05-2012, 11:55 AM
saw it when it happened, and I love this move, just like I loved the Suh stomp.

VikesTwinsWolve
02-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Nobody cares what you think lol :bla:

twin4life
02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Nobody cares what you think lol :bla:

HAHA Maybe in MLB when a pitcher hits a batter he should be suspended a couple of games. We don't have room for accidents in sports!!!

chi-townlove1
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Best PF in the league???? Isn't Minny a 10 seed?

Minny Being a ten seed has NOTHING to do with Kevin loves position rank.. He is the best pf in the league.

Chronz
02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
An AI / Minny fan? Dear god plz tell me there arent many of you

Chronz
02-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Good post

da ThRONe
02-05-2012, 12:46 PM
From what I saw it didn't look intentional. Look like his foot was already on it's way down and he couldn't avoid making contact with Scola.

Bigus Dogus
02-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah, and I'm the king of magical fairy chocolate land! Itt was clearly intentional. Love looks down before he steps, proving he knew Scola was there, AND THEN goes down with full force to push off with his ste

The problem you are having, and it is clear that you didn't understand this, is that I believe that you believe Love did it intentionally. There is no doubt in my mind that you watched the video and that you have concluded that he did it intentionally. The things that you describe as 'proof' of intent are nothing more than conclusions you have made that others have not made.

I have done over 30 trials in 15 years, and have examined eyewitnesses to the same event coming up with different interpretations of car accidents, assaults, and conversations. Most of them weren't lying, they were just interpreting what they saw. If you read my post more carefully, you would notice that I tend to think it was intentional, but I don't know that. And neither do you.

And as to why you are so upset about a guy you don't know fouling another guy you don't know, during a basketball game that you didn't care enough about to watch when it happened, I can only guess. But as a guy who has had to defend a number of young men with anger issues who overreacted to imagined insult, I hope you are not as certain about these sorts of this outside of you kingdom.

heyman321
02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
The problem you are having, and it is clear that you didn't understand this, is that I believe that you believe Love did it intentionally. There is no doubt in my mind that you watched the video and that you have concluded that he did it intentionally. The things that you describe as 'proof' of intent are nothing more than conclusions you have made that others have not made.

I have done over 30 trials in 15 years, and have examined eyewitnesses to the same event coming up with different interpretations of car accidents, assaults, and conversations. Most of them weren't lying, they were just interpreting what they saw. If you read my post more carefully, you would notice that I tend to think it was intentional, but I don't know that. And neither do you.

And as to why you are so upset about a guy you don't know fouling another guy you don't know, during a basketball game that you didn't care enough about to watch when it happened, I can only guess. But as a guy who has had to defend a number of young men with anger issues who overreacted to imagined insult, I hope you are not as certain about these sorts of this outside of you kingdom.

The problem you are having, is that you completely missed where Kevin Love was interviewed post game, and he said "It was nothing personal, it was just the heat of the moment." That is, it was intentional, he was fully conscious and aware he was going to step on his face, and did it anyways.

Don't try to prance around like you're some type of mediator, you're only making yourself sound like you're pretentious. As to why I'm discussing this? Maybe because I'm a basketball fan, and discussion is what this thread was made for.

king4day
02-05-2012, 01:04 PM
so throwing the ball off kevins groin wasnt dirty?? Ok guy, In the video if you slow it down and watch as kevin goes over him Scola's arms come up all the way to the knee. With your body going forward and once you get slowed down people tend to force their foot down to catch their balance in this case it landed where it landed just like the ball in Kevin's groin. If you cant be a man and take the unusual things that may happen in a game get the **** out of the sport. Kevin could have avoided this by trying to put his foot elsewhere and fall and everyone who is a Wolves fan defending him does not want to see their star player fall. Its part of life. Your gonna take a shot in the face at some point and in the groin sometime. Man up boys!!

You're grasping at straws if you think this play was intentional.
Why didn't Love turn around and apologize or check on Scola after the next whistle? Cuz Scola did that when Love was down.

He pulled what Suh did. Made up an excuse why it happend.

king4day
02-05-2012, 01:05 PM
An AI / Minny fan? Dear god plz tell me there arent many of you

He's actually a Rubio / Suns fan :)

smith&wesson
02-05-2012, 01:08 PM
the stomp didnt look like it had bad intentions. how big is love's feet ? i think if he came down with all his weight or even put some umph behind it scola would have gotten really hurt. i dont think love was trying to hurt the guy.

Cfrey
02-05-2012, 01:33 PM
god this is painful to read...

on behalf of basketball fans all over the place I'd like to apologize to you Kevin for being perceived as a dirty player for something that was accidental.

its unfortunate people can't see that..

sincerely

cfrey

ryguy2k7
02-05-2012, 01:39 PM
There's always something to ***** about. Who really cares about this? Maybe he'll get fined but he shouldn't get suspended. This isn't like Bynum's hit on JJ Barea or Michael Beasley. I didn't see Kevin Love as an assaulter on Scola in this situation. There really wasn't a whole lot of force behind the "Step." Even Scola said he was only pissed that the foul wasn't called. If Scola isn't going to ***** about it, why should everyone else? It wasn't our head/chest that got in the way of Love's foot-path.

SlimKid
02-05-2012, 01:54 PM

Excellent post! Trying to judge intent in this situation is simply impossible..
10 different people could watch that play, 5 will say there is intent, 5 will say there wasn't.. what does that solve?? Nothing..

Bigus Dogus
02-05-2012, 01:56 PM
The problem you are having, is that you completely missed where Kevin Love was interviewed post game, and he said "It was nothing personal, it was just the heat of the moment." That is, it was intentional, he was fully conscious and aware he was going to step on his face, and did it anyways.

Don't try to prance around like you're some type of mediator, you're only making yourself sound like you're pretentious. As to why I'm discussing this? Maybe because I'm a basketball fan, and discussion is what this thread was made for.

Here's the full quote.

"He was kind of right there," Love said. "I have size-19 feet. He just happened to be there. I had nowhere to go. I kind of tripped up. I just had nowhere to step. It was a heat-of-the-moment type play. He was there and it happened to be his face."

And let's be clear, I wasn't mediating anything. You are the one who chose to take exception to my post, and I was trying to I clarify it, so if i sound pretentious to you, that's your deal, not mine.

SlimKid
02-05-2012, 01:57 PM

Because he's being objective, he's pretentious?? He was well thought in his argument and didn't even take a side because that was the point of his post, it's impossible. If that's pretentious, I want to be pretentious too..

SteveNash
02-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Love is a thug and should be suspended.

But we should also be talking about the hack job Love got away with before the stomp. We know the NBA is desperate to create white stars, but it's been pretty obvious how much benefit he along with Rubio is getting from the refs.

Havoc Wreaker
02-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I want to know how his hack was not a foul at first.

ghettosean
02-05-2012, 02:24 PM

:clap:

AI4MVP
02-05-2012, 02:29 PM

thanks for the save, King :)

Sota4Ever
02-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Love is a thug and should be suspended.

But we should also be talking about the hack job Love got away with before the stomp. We know the NBA is desperate to create white stars, but it's been pretty obvious how much benefit he along with Rubio is getting from the refs.

Worst post I have ever seen.....:facepalm:

Lloyd Christmas
02-05-2012, 02:40 PM
It wasn't Albert Hainsworth (spelling) dirty, but he should miss a game or two.

Bigus Dogus
02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I want to know how his hack was not a foul at first.

I agree that the initial contact was a foul. All I can say was at that point in the game the Refs had been letting a lot of stuff like that go. After that, they started calling almost anything and everything. It was not well officiated.

Ill21
02-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Wow what a dirtbag move

Chronz
02-05-2012, 03:25 PM

thanks for the save, King :)
An AI/NASH fan can't possibly exist, the universe would collapse on itself

AI4MVP
02-05-2012, 03:34 PM
An AI/NASH fan can't possibly exist, the universe would collapse on itself

Are you still mad that we beat you off Love's buzzer beater?

2-ONE-5
02-05-2012, 03:39 PM
i think he did it accidentally on purpose. did this come after Scola threw the ball into his nuts?

Crzycjunx76
02-05-2012, 04:06 PM
"He was right there. (Tonight) happened to be his face, just like in Houston where it happened to be my groin."

I have no doubt that it was intentional... but it was not as bad as it could have been, he did not "drive the point home".... and Scola did peg him in the jewels the other week. I expect a fine and likely a 1 game suspension, even Scola has already put it behind him.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2012, 04:12 PM
^mmkay

I will add one last thing. Love will probably face a suspension, it would go right in line with how wussy the NBA has become over the past 10 years. If this was 1995, that would be considered nothing. Its sad that a guy like Charles Oakley wouldn't even have a spot in today's NBA, with all the primmadonna's that play.

Driven
02-05-2012, 04:13 PM
i think he did it accidentally on purpose. did this come after Scola threw the ball into his nuts?
They played them a couple days ago, that's when the Scola thing happened.

Driven
02-05-2012, 04:14 PM
^mmkay

I will add one last thing. Love will probably face a suspension, it would go right in line with how wussy the NBA has become over the past 10 years. If this was 1995, that would be considered nothing. Its sad that a guy like Charles Oakley wouldn't even have a spot in today's NBA, with all the primmadonna's that play.
I get that it's a different league now, but I'm not sure how you can argue against Love getting suspended.

Havoc Wreaker
02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I agree that the initial contact was a foul. All I can say was at that point in the game the Refs had been letting a lot of stuff like that go. After that, they started calling almost anything and everything. It was not well officiated.

What else is new in the LoLBA?

Gritz
02-05-2012, 04:36 PM
He shouldve got up and caught his fade

Wisdom Listens
02-05-2012, 05:02 PM
The only reason such a big deal is being made about this is because Love is at the height of his popularity and has never been known to do anything like this before. Love is not a dirty player.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2012, 05:06 PM
I get that it's a different league now, but I'm not sure how you can argue against Love getting suspended.

I am not arguing against it per say. Love is a first time offender, and not a dirty player. Even in today's vagina NBA league, a fine would do the trick. Would I get upset over a suspension? No, not in today's pansy NBA. As I said, a guy like Charles Oakley or Rick Mahorn wouldn't even be able to get in the NBA today. Its pathetic. 15 years ago, this was literally nothing. Get up Scola, and get back on defense. Either that, or stop hacking Love and flopping like a dying fish.

Oefarmy2005
02-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't know Hawk, the more I look at it the more it looks intentional to me.

Oefarmy2005
02-05-2012, 05:11 PM
I think if he gets 3 games suspension, he will for sure think about it next time.

SteveNash
02-05-2012, 05:16 PM
The only reason such a big deal is being made about this is because Love is at the height of his popularity and has never been known to do anything like this before. Love is not a dirty player.

Love also got into it with Granger this week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcxP8bBxALo

Also a complete joke that Granger got a tech, when it was Love who was frustrated that he couldn't pad his stats more.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2012, 05:18 PM
3 games for that? When Bynum's suspension was reduced to about the same for Steven Seagaling JJ Barea with no intent other than to maul him to the floor? Love should get no more than a game.

twin4life
02-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Hawk, how long does it take the NBA to make a decision on something like this?? Im goin to the cities for the Knicks and it'd be a shame if I didnt get to see Love.

theducksmuggler
02-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I am not arguing against it per say. Love is a first time offender, and not a dirty player. Even in today's vagina NBA league, a fine would do the trick. Would I get upset over a suspension? No, not in today's pansy NBA. As I said, a guy like Charles Oakley or Rick Mahorn wouldn't even be able to get in the NBA today. Its pathetic. 15 years ago, this was literally nothing. Get up Scola, and get back on defense. Either that, or stop hacking Love and flopping like a dying fish.

God i love this post so much...what i would do to see these superstars today drive to the basket against guys like Charles Oakley and Rick Mahorn they would be literally crying on the court begging on their knees to the ref asking for a flagrant foul...bunch of whiny *****es

SteveNash
02-05-2012, 05:23 PM
God i love this post so much...what i would do to see these superstars today drive to the basket against guys like Charles Oakley and Rick Mahorn they would be literally crying on the court begging on their knees to the ref asking for a flagrant foul...bunch of whiny *****es

The reason the rules are so strict is because of all the crying. You have to remember the rules are the way they are because of Jordan fans crying about the Pistons, Knicks, and Ron Artest going crazy.

IndyRealist
02-05-2012, 05:37 PM

First time stomping on someone's face, not a first time offender. He clotheslined Granger on a fast break and only got a personal foul. Both were unnecessary non-basketball plays and should have been flagrant 1, at least. The stomp probably should have been flagrant 2, kicking someone in the face should be the same as a punch. One game suspension, and maybe a fine for unsportsman like conduct as well. It that wasn't taunting I don't know what is.

Bishnoff
02-05-2012, 05:40 PM
You guys are joking right? It didn't look intentional at all. If anything Love tripped on Scola’s hands when Scola was trying to protect his face.

Why fans try to take down stars for no reason is beyond me.

mngopher35
02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
First time stomping on someone's face, not a first time offender. He clotheslined Granger on a fast break and only got a personal foul. Both were unnecessary non-basketball plays and should have been flagrant 1, at least. The stomp probably should have been flagrant 2, kicking someone in the face should be the same as a punch. One game suspension, and maybe a fine for unsportsman like conduct as well. It that wasn't taunting I don't know what is.

Video? If your talking about a few days ago, then love fouled granger hard and granger overreacted and got a T. There was no clothesline and it wasnt a fastbreak though so maybe your talking about something I dont remember?

koetravis
02-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Maximum he should get is a 1 game suspension.

RaiderBeNasty
02-05-2012, 06:54 PM
It was an obvious accident.

NBA_Starter
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
But he said he didn't mean too!:speechless:

topdog
02-05-2012, 07:01 PM

Point #1: You (and every other poster in here who either hasn't watched the video or has a personal vendetta against Love) lose credibility in calling it "a stomp to the face." The primary contact (and downward "stomp") was to the chest.

Point #2: Guys have to hold their emotions in check. Love gets hammered constantly and hard-fouled at the rim and what does he generally do? He walks away. Don't blame Granger's inability to hold in his emotions on Love.

Point #3: Indy is my favorite East team, but they might need to do some self-reflection. Weren't they the team that just pissed off Chicago with their overly enthusiastic celebration? Maybe that same attitude influenced a hard foul? Or, maybe just maybe, guys who play hard tend to hit hard. It happens.

topdog
02-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Maximum he should get is a 1 game suspension.

I agree. I definitely think a fine is necessary because the NBA needs to protect it's players and has to cover the fact that it could have been intentional.

I don't think there is enough evidence of intentionality to come down very heavily though and anything more than 1 game is too much.

IndyRealist
02-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Point #1: You (and every other poster in here who either hasn't watched the video or has a personal vendetta against Love) lose credibility in calling it "a stomp to the face." The primary contact (and downward "stomp") was to the chest.

Point #2: Guys have to hold their emotions in check. Love gets hammered constantly and hard-fouled at the rim and what does he generally do? He walks away. Don't blame Granger's inability to hold in his emotions on Love.

Point #3: Indy is my favorite East team, but they might need to do some self-reflection. Weren't they the team that just pissed off Chicago with their overly enthusiastic celebration? Maybe that same attitude influenced a hard foul? Or, maybe just maybe, guys who play hard tend to hit hard. It happens.

1) Watched it multiple times, he stomps and connects with Scola's jaw. His foot then slides onto Scola's chest. Scola was holding his head off the floor and you can clearly see his head BOUNCE AGAINST THE FLOOR. Don't call people out when you obviously haven't watched it closely. Watch the slo mo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCbDnPDBff4
2) Granger got was moving on the fast break and Love grabbed him to give the foul. He didn't have to clothesline him. It spun him completely around. That's unnecessary and nothing to do with basketball.
3) Playing hard and assaulting another player are two different things. If teams don't like that the Pacers are bodying up and pushing them around, then push them back. But don't take cheap shots like a b****.

FLWolvesFan
02-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Hibbert was putting hard moving screens on our PG's all night long...like the punk little ****** he is.

Love should get at least fined for "the stomp" but the Granger situation the other night is a joke, plain and simple. There was no clothesline and no intent with Granger, Love was going for the ball and caught Granger by the shoulder and spun him around. Watch the damn replay and/or learn what a clothesline is.

mngopher35
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
1) Watched it multiple times, he stomps and connects with Scola's jaw. His foot then slides onto Scola's chest. Scola was holding his head off the floor and you can clearly see his head BOUNCE AGAINST THE FLOOR. Don't call people out when you obviously haven't watched it closely. Watch the slo mo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCbDnPDBff4
2) Granger got was moving on the fast break and Love grabbed him to give the foul. He didn't have to clothesline him. It spun him completely around. That's unnecessary and nothing to do with basketball.
3) Playing hard and assaulting another player are two different things. If teams don't like that the Pacers are bodying up and pushing them around, then push them back. But don't take cheap shots like a b****.

When you lie about a player and show hate, it lessens your argument. The play I was talking about must be the one your referring too and it was neither a clothesline or a fast break. It was a grab from behind after an offensive rebound where Granger overreacts and got a T (the refs didnt give one to love because it was not deserved). Here is the video, look a little after the 1:30 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA92uUbjARA.

mzgrizz
02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
I was just saying earlier tonight that basketball players must have some unspoken agreement NOT to stomp each other when they are down; they have no protective gear on and seem to try and go OUT of their way not to land on a player.........this really surprised me to see it .

Wisdom Listens
02-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Love also got into it with Granger this week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcxP8bBxALo

Also a complete joke that Granger got a tech, when it was Love who was frustrated that he couldn't pad his stats more.

I've seen it, and I still don't see what is in this clip that would indicate Love is a dirty player. A little chippy perhaps, but not dirty. People are just so quick jump on someone who is perceived in a good light the second they do something wrong. It's like a reflex with some of you people, and you take it to the extreme. You don't just go from a clean player to a dirty player in one play.

What about all the times the last 4 years Love has gotten mauled under the basket, elbows hitting his face and 250 pound behemoths grabbing and pulling at any body part they can trying to throw him off the rebound, yet he just walks away? You don't hear about those. One incident, that we don't even know for sure if it was on purpose, and all the sudden this guy is Kevin "the face stomper" Love. Give me a ****ing break.

Cfrey
02-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Love is the GOAT and won't be denied people. So stomp or not we no longer give a ****.

2012 champs

lakersfan01
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
How is this thread still open :facepalm:

heyman321
02-06-2012, 12:54 AM
Rondo is better than Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 years ago...

Sadds The Gr8
02-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Shut up

:laugh2:

Raph12
02-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Looked like Scola tried to protect his face and Love just didn't bother to avoid him when he was tripped up... Not malicious, but negligence requires punishment as well.

IDunknown
02-06-2012, 04:10 AM
This looks nothing like what Suh did.Scola had his arms up and tripped Love(not intentional either).You can see him clearly trying to get his leg around the arm.

MJ-BULLS
02-06-2012, 04:17 AM
big deal, growing up seeing the 90's bulls, rodman has done his share of bad/crazy things like that. he will get a fine and maybe a suspension.

IndyRealist
02-06-2012, 10:17 AM
When you lie about a player and show hate, it lessens your argument. The play I was talking about must be the one your referring too and it was neither a clothesline or a fast break. It was a grab from behind after an offensive rebound where Granger overreacts and got a T (the refs didnt give one to love because it was not deserved). Here is the video, look a little after the 1:30 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA92uUbjARA.

He wasn't going for the ball, his forearm was at Granger's throat. That would be a clothesline. Granger didn't even get the rebound, he was the outlet pass and starting the fast break. He took a cheap shot like a punk. Watch it again, your facts are wrong.

What I hate is how casually the word "hate" gets thrown around when someone doesn't see things the same way you do. Come up with something better, like evidence. Because your video only proves my point. It could be questionable, yes. But when you take it in concert with the stomp, it looks more and more like Love is a cheap shot artist.

Hustlenomics
02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
he stomped his face as hard as he goes for rebounds why haven't there been any news about a suspension? imagine if ron artest, KG, or stephen jackson did this

Hawkeye15
02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
big deal, growing up seeing the 90's bulls, rodman has done his share of bad/crazy things like that. he will get a fine and maybe a suspension.

As I have said a few times here, the NBA is a woman's league compared to that time period though. The Love "stomp" was a nothing in 1995.

beasted86
02-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Anyone who watched that and thinks Kevin Love deserves no blame at all is kidding themselves.

He isn't just running back to try and get into the next play, he clearly looks down at him and doesn't make any effort to avoid the guy on the ground. I'm not sure how evil his intentions here are, but the glare down at him tells me he's not "innocently trying to just get back and got tripped up" by Scola.

USMCLaker
02-06-2012, 11:39 AM
As I have said a few times here, the NBA is a woman's league compared to that time period though. The Love "stomp" was a nothing in 1995.

What was your take on the Bynum forarm shiver to Barea in the playoffs?

natelpete
02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Not sure if it was intentional or not, either way, it looked pretty bad.

WSU Tony
02-06-2012, 12:14 PM
As soon as I saw the title for the thread I knew it was one of five posters here who started it. Seriously, why do people not like the Wolves? We have been the "lay over and die" team for 5 years now but now have a .500 team on the rise so people don't like us?

If your a Clipper fan and the debate for best young PF in the league is between Griffin and Love so theirfore you don't like this team? Petty?

If your a Wizzards fan you once had the next phenom in Wall who is now struggling so you are envious of Rubio? I guess I'd feel dumb at this point if my name was "Ricky Rubio's Era" and Rubio started to suck. That doesn't give you a reason to not like the TEAM he is on!

Knicks fans are watching a team play poorer than their record and wonder how they could be playing if Kahn didn't steal PG's from under their nose?

I honestly don't see the reason for all of the hate for the Wolves.

Loves foul was dirty. I won't be a wolves fan sitting here defending him. I refuse to defend him in this matter.

John Walls Era
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
As soon as I saw the title for the thread I knew it was one of five posters here who started it. Seriously, why do people not like the Wolves? We have been the "lay over and die" team for 5 years now but now have a .500 team on the rise so people don't like us?

If your a Clipper fan and the debate for best young PF in the league is between Griffin and Love so theirfore you don't like this team? Petty?

If your a Wizzards fan you once had the next phenom in Wall who is now struggling so you are envious of Rubio? I guess I'd feel dumb at this point if my name was "Ricky Rubio's Era" and Rubio started to suck. That doesn't give you a reason to not like the TEAM he is on!

Knicks fans are watching a team play poorer than their record and wonder how they could be playing if Kahn didn't steal PG's from under their nose?

I honestly don't see the reason for all of the hate for the Wolves.

Loves foul was dirty. I won't be a wolves fan sitting here defending him. I refuse to defend him in this matter.

You're not making a case for yourself. What does Rubio and the Wolves have to do with anything (when was I a Rubio Hater? Just because I pointed out its been 20 games?). John Wall, Knicks, Griffin and Clippers are apparently involved too. :laugh:

No one hates the Wolves, I've said Love is the best PF (by default) this year. But if you have to think the Wolves are being targeted than too bad for you, its an internet forum, live with it.

John Walls Era
02-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I actually like the stomp, but if you're going to do something like this then you're gonna get ridiculed or someone is going to get you back. But enough with the inconsistent excuses: "But Scola is a flopper", "It wasn't on purpose", "It was on purpose, but it was the CHEST", "20 years ago this happened every game" and "I've seen worst". By far the funniest part is how Wolves fans think people are hating on the Wolves because of their recent success (???) or because people hate Rubio or because people like Griffin more.

John Walls Era
02-06-2012, 01:11 PM
he stomped his face as hard as he goes for rebounds why haven't there been any news about a suspension? imagine if ron artest, KG, or stephen jackson did this

LOL no one would be defending them. Imagine it was KG who did this and Love was the recipient. We would not hear a single: "But this happened all the time 20 years ago, the league is soft".

EDIT: Crooner Triple Post :dance:

FlakeyFool
02-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I've never liked Love. He's always on Jim Rome's show talking about how great he is.

Don't know if that vid's been posted but it doesn't look intentional. Scola grabs his leg

WSU Tony
02-06-2012, 01:33 PM
You're not making a case for yourself. What does Rubio and the Wolves have to do with anything (when was I a Rubio Hater? Just because I pointed out its been 20 games?). John Wall, Knicks, Griffin and Clippers are apparently involved too. :laugh:

No one hates the Wolves, I've said Love is the best PF (by default) this year. But if you have to think the Wolves are being targeted than too bad for you, its an internet forum, live with it.

Continue to hate the Wolves for no reason. Still waiting for the "era" to begin.... :laugh:

I actually like the stomp, but if you're going to do something like this then you're gonna get ridiculed or someone is going to get you back. But enough with the inconsistent excuses: "But Scola is a flopper", "It wasn't on purpose", "It was on purpose, but it was the CHEST", "20 years ago this happened every game" and "I've seen worst". By far the funniest part is how Wolves fans think people are hating on the Wolves because of their recent success (???) or because people hate Rubio or because people like Griffin more.

Hate

LOL no one would be defending them. Imagine it was KG who did this and Love was the recipient. We would not hear a single: "But this happened all the time 20 years ago, the league is soft".

Hate

Continue to take your "opposite the Wolves" approach on EVERY subject matter. It's cool. Again, it's probably because Rubio is panning out, right, era?

Kobe4Life
02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Lost all the respect I had for K Love that was such a dirty play. Glad he got the two game suspension I wish it was more. :clap:

WSU Tony
02-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I've never liked Love. He's always on Jim Rome's show talking about how great he is.

Don't know if that vid's been posted but it doesn't look intentional. Scola grabs his leg

Meh. I still think if it was a Wolf laying on the ground Love wouldn't have stepped on them....

Typical Scola grabbing his face after his chest was stepped on. THAT is the exact player Scola has been for his career. I'm hoping this isn't the type of player Love will be for his career.... Better be a mirage, not a trend.

kdspurman
02-06-2012, 01:39 PM
NBAonESPN The NBA on ESPN
Kevin Love suspended two games for driving his foot into face of Luis Scola.

WSU Tony
02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Chest. He stepped on his chest.

Scola grabbed his face because, well, he's scola.

mttwlsn16
02-06-2012, 01:56 PM
dirty play, yes. fine him and move on

John Walls Era
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Continue to hate the Wolves for no reason. Still waiting for the "era" to begin.... :laugh:

Hate

Hate

Continue to take your "opposite the Wolves" approach on EVERY subject matter. It's cool. Again, it's probably because Rubio is panning out, right, era?

How am i hating? Lol. Wolves are .500, dont talk to me like they're dominating.

TimbaWolvez
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
He is suspended 2 games. Lets move on now.

John Walls Era
02-06-2012, 02:01 PM
2 games for stomping on someones face. Seems about right. Glad the league isn't protecting him like the psd members. Shame, just when the Twolves are rolling too.

John Walls Era
02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Hawkeye can close this now. Justice has been served.

TimbaWolvez
02-06-2012, 02:04 PM
He needs the rest. Derrick Williams can finally show what he can do. Hopefully.

willabeast77
02-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Suspended 2 games, that sucks but it's understandable. Now what if he doesn't get voted in as a reserve for the ASG because of this? That would be a shame.

Sota4Ever
02-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Hopefully he will stop whining about every call now.

CubZwin38
02-06-2012, 02:18 PM
No way to know if it was intentional or not so no. /thread

Kinglorious
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
:yawn:

tbone2171
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Lost all the respect I had for K Love that was such a dirty play. Glad he got the two game suspension I wish it was more. :clap:

You are setting yourself up to look like a hypocrite w/ Kobe Bryant in your sig..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgkN0-bLrus

natelpete
02-06-2012, 02:53 PM

I'm a Wolves fan, but I agree with this.

Two games seems about right

SouthSideRookie
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM

It is now known that it's very easy to get under his skin, it's just a matter of time for one of these enforcer type players to test him.

Same here.

NBAonESPN The NBA on ESPN
Kevin Love suspended two games for driving his foot into face of Luis Scola.

Not only some blind people here but reading comprehension is also failing them, they still claim it was towards chest even after the fact Love is getting suspended for FACE, idiots.

The timberpupps have been a perpetual also-ran, can't blame their fans for having this illusion

WSU Tony
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM

6-4 in our last ten IS dominating, we're talking about timberwolves basketball. Hell, we are .500 for the first time in 5 years.

The Timberwolves are dominating right now.

:)

mngopher35
02-06-2012, 03:46 PM
He wasn't going for the ball, his forearm was at Granger's throat. That would be a clothesline. Granger didn't even get the rebound, he was the outlet pass and starting the fast break. He took a cheap shot like a punk. Watch it again, your facts are wrong.

What I hate is how casually the word "hate" gets thrown around when someone doesn't see things the same way you do. Come up with something better, like evidence. Because your video only proves my point. It could be questionable, yes. But when you take it in concert with the stomp, it looks more and more like Love is a cheap shot artist.

Im sorry but I have watched the video, your team shoots the ball and granger gets the rebound. It is not a fast break he is just getting out of the swarm of players, I don't know how more clear it can be the video is posted. That is a fact, not opinion. I dont think that loves arm does swing across grangers throat, it appears he swings down and ends up grabbing the shoulder. Maybe we see something different but at most its barely a flagrant foul, and Granger overreacts making it a bigger deal (which is why he got a T). My point by saying hate is that you came in and brought up a situation where you lied about what happened, making it seem like you have some sort of dislike towards love after that play.

IndyRealist
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Meh. I still think if it was a Wolf laying on the ground Love wouldn't have stepped on them....

Typical Scola grabbing his face after his chest was stepped on. THAT is the exact player Scola has been for his career. I'm hoping this isn't the type of player Love will be for his career.... Better be a mirage, not a trend.
When I watched it, Scola's head bounces off the hardwood. That would suggest a blow to the head.

heyman321
02-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Chest. He stepped on his chest.

Scola grabbed his face because, well, he's scola.

Scola. It was actually Scola who stepped on Love's face.

Now you should stop commenting, because, well you're blind.

IndyRealist
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Im sorry but I have watched the video, your team shoots the ball and granger gets the rebound. It is not a fast break he is just getting out of the swarm of players, I don't know how more clear it can be the video is posted. That is a fact, not opinion. I dont think that loves arm does swing across grangers throat, it appears he swings down and ends up grabbing the shoulder. Maybe we see something different but at most its barely a flagrant foul, and Granger overreacts making it a bigger deal (which is why he got a T). My point by saying hate is that you came in and brought up a situation where you lied about what happened, making it seem like you have some sort of dislike towards love after that play.

Yesterday you said Love didn't even deserve a T, and today it was "at most a flagrant". Call it a flagrant and be done with it. It was non basketball contact above the shoulders. That's a flagrant. I don't back my guys no matter what, Hibbert was demolishing Rubio with moving picks all night, and they did't call it (he learned from Duncan over the summer). If you're going to retaliate, do it by beating them, not beating them up. You're not helping your team by getting suspended.

Cfrey
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Love could use the two game rest anyway and it's time for the selfish Dwill to step up and do something with the minutes.. otherwise he can gtfo of minnesota

Sota4Ever
02-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Show me this close line that love did to Granger.

Kinglorious
02-06-2012, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0spFY1I2NQ

gwrighter
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
lol that is the definition of kicking em when they're down. Classless move, I dunno how some of you guys are defending Love. What kind of example does that set for the kids? SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Sota4Ever
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Pro athletes shouldn't have to set an example for kids. Biggest bull crap thing I have ever heard it's the parents jobs not the athletes job.

bholly
02-06-2012, 06:06 PM
They shouldn't have to, and they don't - nobody's making them. People are absolutely free to judge and lose respect for anyone in any field who sets a bad example, though. That's their choice.

Titan2k8
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Ya know, if Scola doesn't try to win the "Academy Award for best flopper to the floor" maybe he doesn't get his face/chest/leg/genitalia/whatever stepped on... Just sayin.