PDA

View Full Version : Karl Malone and the Jazz organization.

smith&wesson
02-04-2012, 09:50 PM
After 18 years of playing for the jazz, Karl Malone has came out and blasted the organization for the way they handled coach Sloan before he quit. And also stated that the jazz turned him away for tickets and he had to purchase tickets to a game.

The owner has now responded. first off calling malone a liar in regards to the seats, and went as far as calling malone a high maitanance player over the years.

Does this stike anyone else as odd ? I swear utah was going to build a statue of stockton and malone. well not really but I thought thats how much utah loved those players.

its a sad ending to what was other wise a great run for the jazz.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/53443629-77/malone-jazz-miller-karl.html.csp

Sactown
02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
That's really surprising, it would be interesting to hear what Jerry would say... not like he'd say anything to the public anyhow.. he has too much class

Cal827
02-04-2012, 11:18 PM
What does Malone really have to lose? We know all the good and the cowardly about the guy. His reputation is set.

For the Jazz, this could be a nasty dent on the organization for the future. So I'll put money where my mouth is and say that the Owner is full of crap. He's trying to save face.... We all knew about how they picked a Prima-Donna overrated piece of shiny **** over the coach who was loyal to them for oh so long. If they are willing to do that, I wouldn't be shocked that they would burn some of the former players who stayed there for the majority of their careers trying to win, who get mad with their decisions.

jimbobjarree
02-04-2012, 11:27 PM
That's really surprising, it would be interesting to hear what Jerry would say... not like he'd say anything to the public anyhow.. he has too much class

here you go:

SALT LAKE CITY — Jerry Sloan's retirement last year was not rooted in a lack of support from team management, he said in a written statement released Saturday.

Sloan's remarks were in response to comments Karl Malone made on 1280 The Zone on January 27, in which he accused general manager Kevin O'Connor and CEO Greg Miller of not backing Sloan up during a locker room dispute with Deron Williams in 2011.

Malone said, “That defining moment when (management) should have stood up for Jerry Sloan, they chose Deron Williams,” Malone said. “And Coach Sloan, being the coach I know and love, said, 'You know what? We should part ways.'”

But in the statement, Sloan said that was not how it occurred.

“I would like to set the record straight regarding my retirement from the Utah Jazz,” he said. “I had the unwavering support of the Miller family during my 23 seasons as head coach with the franchise and I left on my own volition. It is not true that the Millers undermined my authority as head coach. I had their complete backing to run the team as I wished and was assured that no player could ever overrule my decisions.

“The Millers encouraged me to stay with the team and gave me multiple opportunities to do so. They felt strongly that I should wait at least until the end of the season to resign and did everything they could to keep me coaching.

“I do not wish to make any further statements regarding this issue. It is time for me and my family to move on and I ask that the media respect my wishes and respect the integrity of the Miller family and all that they have done for the Utah Jazz and this community.”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700222088/Jerry-Sloans-retirement-last-year.html

Its just Malone showing he has Sloan's back, when in reality he doesn't really know whats going on. Media making a lot out of nothing as usual. As for our owner, Malone has always had a fiery to and fro with the Millers, thats just how they communicate.

yippen
02-05-2012, 03:41 AM
That's really surprising, it would be interesting to hear what Jerry http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=10would say... not like he'd say anything to the public anyhow.. he has too much class

be interesting to hear what Jerry would say... not like he'd say anything to the public anyhow.. he has too much class

boleszzb
02-05-2012, 11:51 PM
What does Malone really have to lose? We know all the good and the cowardly about the guy. His reputation is set.

For the Jazz, this could be a nasty dent on the organization for the future. So I'll put money where my mouth is and say that the Owner is full of crap. He's trying to save face.... We all knew about how they picked a Prima-Donna overrated piece of shiny **** over the coach who was loyal to them for oh so long. If they are willing to do that, I wouldn't be shocked that they would burn some of the former players who stayed there for the majority of their careers trying to win, who get mad with their decisions.Malone if can come back to lead the jazzhttp://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php that is too good:clap:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Stockton & Malone do have statues in front of ESA