PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Wanted Dwight To Be His 'Tyson Chandler'

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-04-2012, 07:15 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/218778/Lakers_Slip_In_Pursuit_Of_Dwight_Howard

The Los Angeles Lakers were thought to be the team Dwight Howard favored most when he requested a trade from the Orlando Magic. While the Lakers were easily the team Howard thought about most in the summer, his desire to play for the Lakers changed after a conversation with Kobe Bryant, a source said.

Howard envisioned going to the Lakers and forming a devastating one-two punch with Bryant. But Bryant had other plans for how Howard would be incorporated into the Lakers.

Bryant told Howard that he wanted him to come to Los Angeles and help him win two more championships, but not as an understudy. He wanted Howard to be the team's third option behind himself and Pau Gasol, according to a source. Bryant tried to sell Howard on being his "Tyson Chandler" and made it clear that Los Angeles would be his, but only once Bryant decided he was done playing.

Howard was turned off by the idea.

Howard stated that there was "no way" he would give up everything he has in Orlando to go to the Lakers and be the third option, a source close to the situation said. Howard certainly wouldn’t mind being a third piece on a star-studded team, similar to the situations in Miami and Boston. However, he was turned off by Bryant's presentation as it suggested something totally different.

The feeling is so strong, in fact, that Howard's representatives have informed the Lakers that Howard would not sign an extension if they trade for him this season, according to a source. The only two teams with a realistic chance at signing Howard long-term are the New Jersey Nets and Orlando Magic.

J4KOP99
02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Sources, sources, and more sources.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
This is what Alex Kennedy was talking about when he said in his tweet last night "Kobe messed it up".

gotoHcarolina52
02-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Enjoy Brooklyn, Dwight!

Slimsim
02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
yea kobe did **** up if this is true

TheNumber37
02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Technically, Bryant and Gasol are better scorers than Howard.
And truthfully, if he did buy into that idea the Lakers would win 2 more championships.
He wouldn't be Tyson Chandler though, more like Deandre Jordan.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-04-2012, 07:32 PM
No, he'd be more of a Bill Russell, the man that the NBA Finals MVP is named after. Dwight should be proud to take on a role like that and have his offensive game and free throw shooting develop while winning championships with Kobe and Pau.

Then, when Kobe and Pau retire in 3-5 yrs, Dwight will be offensively polished and be able to carry the Lakers franchise on his back.

Too bad Howard doesn't realize this.

shep33
02-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I find it hard to believe considering Kobe has always called D12 the best big man in the NBA.

smith&wesson
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM
And truthfully, if he did buy into that idea the Lakers would win 2 more championships.He wouldn't be Tyson Chandler though, more like Deandre Jordan.

i agree.

shep33
02-04-2012, 07:35 PM
This report is pretty stupid IMO... look at Andrew Bynum now. He's averaging 17 and 12 as the 3rd guy. Howard would easily be the 2nd option for us, and if he's the 3rd option he'd probably still put up his numbers in Orlando considering what Bynum is doing lol

shep33
02-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Basically what i got out of this report is that Howard doesn't want to win. Instead he wants to score.

Heediot
02-04-2012, 07:40 PM
And truthfully, if he did buy into that idea the Lakers would win 2 more championships.
He wouldn't be Tyson Chandler though, more like Deandre Jordan.

What??

So your downgrading him even further?

SteveNash
02-04-2012, 07:41 PM
The Tyson Chandler role is probably the role best suited for Dwight. Though it wouldn't be very smart to tell him that, doesn't seem very credible though. I'm sure Kobe isn't that stupid.

Bruno
02-04-2012, 07:41 PM
:laugh2:

so kobe told howard, on the phone that he wanted him to be the third option behind Gasol? :laugh:

are people already forgetting that bryant in an interview had already stated that Bynum had developed to a point where he deserved the second amount of touches before Gasol. and he wouldn't relay that same confidence in a guy who's been dropping 20+ points for four of the past five years?

these reports are total fabrications, IMO. just reporters trying create some buzz. they are too transparently pathetic to be anything but.

Guys, Dwight Howard averages 12.9 field goal attempts per game this season. Ryan Anderson, Ryan Anderson averages 12.6 per game. If Howard allows a guy like Anderson to nearly match him in FGAs, then what do you think would happen if he plays with kobe? obviously Kobe would shoot more FGA per game, considering how much Howard gets to the line, considering the fact that Howard has never taken more than 13.4 FGA per game in his life.

Howard would clearly be the #2, or 1b until Bryant gets too old to carry the load. Howard would get tons of touches on offense.

and by the way, Howard should want to be LALs 'Chandler' defensively. Chandlers edge and defense is what put the Mavericks over the top. it's what helped to make them champions.

amos1er
02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/218778/Lakers_Slip_In_Pursuit_Of_Dwight_Howard

Seriously, if Dwight wants a max contract and the best chance at winning a ring he should come to LA and shut the **** up and fall into line. Kobe knows how to win and Dwight would be a rookie under Kobe and Gasol...Dwight would learn a lot from these two and when the time is right, Dwight would take command of the team....I don't see anything wrong with this. Maybe its Dwight who has the ego problem here and is not thinking clearly. Is he really foolish enough to think that playing in NJ is a better opportunity than playing in LA. hahahahaha. Lets see how many rings he gets teaming up with Deron and the worst roster 3-15 in the whole NBA. We all know what a ham Dwight is and how coming to Hollywood would be a dream for him. Maybe its time for him to man up and come to LA already and win some ****ing rings!!! All he would be doing by going to NJ is cutting his nose to spite his face....Kobe knows this to be true.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I know one thing, if Dwight did want to become the Bill Russell of the Lakers...this would be the perfect way of not going in "Shaq's footsteps", because Shaq was the unquestioned Man in his first 6 yrs with the Lakers. Dwight would come in, win championships, and have to earn his spot as the MAN.

Marco22
02-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Dwight is gonna look good riding the subway's in Brooklyn New York!

Tony_Starks
02-04-2012, 08:14 PM
"a source familiar with the situation"..... "a source familiar with Howards thinking".......

Anytime I see phrases like these or similar to these I automatically disregard them as hogwash. Those are the same kind of sources that had Lebron in New York for two years and D Wade in Chicago........

justinnum1
02-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I never thought dwight was all about the rings anyways...he just wants things his way and to have fun

MTar786
02-04-2012, 08:19 PM
umm.. if i started a team and had kobe, pau and dwight.. I would also make dwight my 3rd scoring option.

MTar786
02-04-2012, 08:20 PM
i think dwight is best suited for the nill russel tyson chandler role. what is wrong with that?

kblo247
02-04-2012, 08:26 PM
So, the gust of the thing is Kobe had Pau's back? Or Kobe would have Andrew's back? The guys who have spent years with him and have the better offensive games than Dwight, who has never won a MVP because how he scores isn't conventional like Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan, and he made his name off defense and rebounding?

Lets face facts, Kobe is a better offensive player than Dwight and proven winner, Dwight has to prove himself in the fire of the Finals and playoff battle to earn the right to be considered his equal let alone take the wheel. Pau is also uber sensitive as is Drew, so if he sold them out in interviews and said you know what Dwight, **** them, I want you, he would be bashed for being disloyal.

If Dwight comes and wants to earn his status as a LAker great, much like Kobe earned everything he ever got in LA, so be it. Kobe earned being an all star. Kobe earned the right to start. Kobe was the playmaker on every title team. In all but one finals run, he was the main perimeter defender on 1-3's. Kobe earned his status as option 1 and 1B during the shaq days. He earned every Laker record, title, all star selection, medal, All NBA Team, and everything he got. Wasn't **** handed to him, just like wasn't **** handed to Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, or West.

If Dwight can't get with the ****ing program and come into the forum blue and gold with the idea that he will earn everything he gets in that jersey, man F UCK him.

JordansBulls
02-04-2012, 08:30 PM

This if he told him that.

LA4life24/8
02-04-2012, 08:31 PM
if this report is real, this just tells me d12 has a huge ego and is not a team player. maybe its not his fault maybe its orlandos for cradling his every neeed and want but hes being a baby. doesnt he realize hes not a better scorer than kobe or pau? doesnt he realize what kind of defensive numbers he could put up in this new lakers system where defense is key? no hed rather be the big guy on campus than win a ring.. have fun in brooklyn not winning crap:facepalm:

theheatles
02-04-2012, 08:44 PM
lol i love kobe. he's not the funniest player, but his whole persona is hilarious

The Final Boss
02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Lol

The Final Boss
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Los Angeles: The most beautiful women in the Solar System. You can live on the beach cliffs of Malibu. You can drive your Ferarri.

New York: Some pretty girls (most of them aspiring actresses/models from Los Angeles). You can live in a pigeon coup on top of a building. You can take a cab to the subway station.

Take your pick, Dwight.

This is what Bryant should have told him.

The Final Boss
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Los Angeles: The most beautiful women in the Solar System. You can live on the beach cliffs of Malibu. You can drive your Ferarri.

New York: Some pretty girls (most of them aspiring actresses/models from Los Angeles). You can live in a pigeon coup on top of a building. You can take a cab to the subway station.

Take your pick, Dwight.

GoPacers33
02-04-2012, 09:09 PM
You can't tell the best center in the league that he will he backup ****ing pau gasol

kblo247
02-04-2012, 09:34 PM
You can't tell the best center in the league that he will he backup ****ing pau gasol

PAu got two rings as the primary post option and second option, even ourplaying Dwight along the way. Dwight would have to take it from Pau and Kobe, **** won't he given. That is Laker culture, you earn it and you take it, but you never expect it to be handed to you.

The Final Boss
02-04-2012, 09:42 PM
PAu got two rings as the primary post option and second option, even ourplaying Dwight along the way. Dwight would have to take it from Pau and Kobe, **** won't he given. That is Laker culture, you earn it and you take it, but you never expect it to be handed to you.

The same Pau who shat on Howard in both the NBA and Olympic Finals?

MTar786
02-04-2012, 09:47 PM
The same Pau who shat on Howard in both the NBA and Olympic Finals?

hahaha.. pau owned dwight so many times. kinda like how barca owns madrid EVERY time theyve played for like the last 6 years now

championships
02-04-2012, 09:55 PM
These reports of "sources close to the situation" have grown beyond tiresome.

majmarcus
02-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I dont see how Kobe effed it up IF he said this. Dwight's real intentions needs to be questioned. Because while he appears to be so focused on playing with an elite PG. He apparently has rocks in his head as far as what's needed to contend for a title/win a title. So if he does go to Jersey. Mark my words, he will be crying about not having a team around him to win a championship. Better to be LA's 3rd option and win as opposed to Jersey's 2nd option and get rocked by the Heat or Bulls on the regular. Bottom line...******* D12

tmic13
02-04-2012, 10:27 PM
This makes no sence.. Kobe said Bynum was the 2nd option and now wants to trade for a 3rd option?

faridk89
02-04-2012, 10:33 PM

not at all.... He was being honest because that's how things would have worked out if howard went to the lakers. If Howard did go to the lakers, he would have a major chance at winning a championship... If he dosn't want to play with the best player in the game well, he can go join a ****** organization and not win anything.

shep33
02-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Just trade him...

NoahH
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM
If I was D12 I wouldn't go to the Lakers are endure Kobe's big *** ego either.

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 11:54 PM
If true, Kobe must have NEVER said the right thing to his wife. The guy FAILS at flattery.

OaklandsFinest
02-05-2012, 12:37 AM
I find it hard to believe considering Kobe has always called D12 the best big man in the NBA.

We all know Kobe's history of relationships with the best big men in the league... Second of all would you rather win one or two more championships then be stuck in another rebuilding situation or build it right in Brooklyn. D Will, Morrow/ Brooks, Stevenson, and Humphries is not a bad lineup and I would take them over the Lakers in a 7 game series. The Nets would have the two best players on the court in a series with the Lakers.

ldawg
02-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Well from a skill stand point if it is true Kobe is right in a way. Howard, Kobe and Pau imo would win some rings. To utilize each player strength it best in that order but thats not saying it goes like that every night. Same goes in Miami and Boston. Kobe was wrong if he said it but If Howard goal is to win you have to make a sacrifice. If his Goal is not to win and just want to play around then it best he stays in Orlando or Go to Nets and tell the team what wack player he wants to play with.

OaklandsFinest
02-05-2012, 12:41 AM
It cracks me up people talking about Dwight not wanting to go to LA must be crazy... Believe it or not, some people don't like LA, they don't like the Lakers, the don't even *gasp* like Kobe and his ****** *** attitude or his ****ed up disposition 90 pct of the time. He's an aging star who has moments where he still shines, but the last thing I would want his to be trying to board all of Kobe's ****ed up 4th quarter shots, I mean he only misses 70 pct of em.

ldawg
02-05-2012, 12:42 AM
We all know Kobe's history of relationships with the best big men in the league... Second of all would you rather win one or two more championships then be stuck in another rebuilding situation or build it right in Brooklyn. D Will, Morrow/ Brooks, Stevenson, and Humphries is not a bad lineup and I would take them over the Lakers in a 7 game series. The Nets would have the two best players on the court in a series with the Lakers.You think its easy winning rings just by putting good players together? That team will have to beat Miami and NY once they fill their roaster out. Yes Howad and Williams would be good but not great. Pau,Bynum Howard is a lot closer to winning a ring or two and a lock to be in the Finals to have a shot at it.

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 12:47 AM
If true, Kobe must have NEVER said the right thing to his wife. The guy FAILS at flattery.

unfortunately we don't live in princess land

ldawg
02-05-2012, 12:50 AM
It cracks me up people talking about Dwight not wanting to go to LA must be crazy... Believe it or not, some people don't like LA, they don't like the Lakers, the don't even *gasp* like Kobe and his ****** *** attitude or his ****ed up disposition 90 pct of the time. He's an aging star who has moments where he still shines, but the last thing I would want his to be trying to board all of Kobe's ****ed up 4th quarter shots, I mean he only misses 70 pct of em. you a correct some player do not like LA and Kobe but Howard was not one of them. kobe is aging but did young Miami beat old Mavs? The last few rings were all won by older teams?

shep33
02-05-2012, 12:52 AM
We all know Kobe's history of relationships with the best big men in the league... Second of all would you rather win one or two more championships then be stuck in another rebuilding situation or build it right in Brooklyn. D Will, Morrow/ Brooks, Stevenson, and Humphries is not a bad lineup and I would take them over the Lakers in a 7 game series. The Nets would have the two best players on the court in a series with the Lakers.

If the Lakers win 1-2 championships... well just look at the summer of 2014.

Kobe's contract is up, they have 0 contracts that year, $0 on payroll. Free agents that year include Kevin Love, LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Melo, and countless other studs.

ldawg
02-05-2012, 12:53 AM
If this is correct Kobe u f-up a wet dream

ldawg
02-05-2012, 12:55 AM
If howard Go to La pau and Kobe $$ fall off La could very well Land LBJ with Howard.

lakersfan01
02-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Typical shivface Kobe.

A 7 footer F'ed Kobe's prom date. He's got a sick complex about it til this day.

ldawg
02-05-2012, 12:57 AM
The story do not sound true its either a ploy to get more for Howard or Nets playing mind games.

kozelkid
02-05-2012, 01:07 AM
unfortunately we don't live in princess land

With fragile egos of many NBA stars?

Yes, we do.

And if you don't want Kobe to grovel to Howard, that's fine. I can respect that. But comparing him to Chandler or calling him a 3rd option is just idiotic, arrogant and stupid. There's no defense for it and just incredibly poor tact on Kobe's part.

Lakersfan2483
02-05-2012, 01:17 AM
:laugh2:

so kobe told howard, on the phone that he wanted him to be the third option behind Gasol? :laugh:

are people already forgetting that bryant in an interview had already stated that Bynum had developed to a point where he deserved the second amount of touches before Gasol. and he wouldn't relay that same confidence in a guy who's been dropping 20+ points for four of the past five years?

these reports are total fabrications, IMO. just reporters trying create some buzz. they are too transparently pathetic to be anything but.

Guys, Dwight Howard averages 12.9 field goal attempts per game this season. Ryan Anderson, Ryan Anderson averages 12.6 per game. If Howard allows a guy like Anderson to nearly match him in FGAs, then what do you think would happen if he plays with kobe? obviously Kobe would shoot more FGA per game, considering how much Howard gets to the line, considering the fact that Howard has never taken more than 13.4 FGA per game in his life.

Howard would clearly be the #2, or 1b until Bryant gets too old to carry the load. Howard would get tons of touches on offense.

and by the way, Howard should want to be LALs 'Chandler' defensively. Chandlers edge and defense is what put the Mavericks over the top. it's what helped to make them champions.

Well said. :clap:

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 01:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbov6iBJkFE

OaklandsFinest
02-05-2012, 01:40 AM
you a correct some player do not like LA and Kobe but Howard was not one of them. kobe is aging but did young Miami beat old Mavs? The last few rings were all won by older teams?

Rings aren't easy to win, and I think the conclusion you can draw from the last few champions are they played inside out basketball more than the fact they were old. Kobe's mind set is not that of somebody who wants to play inside out basketball. Less Kobe, more inside buckets equal Lakers wins, a la Denver last night. Howard wanted to play with Kobe until Kobe blessed him with his "basketball theory" of come make me look relevant for a couple more seasons

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 01:46 AM
With fragile egos of many NBA stars?

Yes, we do.

And if you don't want Kobe to grovel to Howard, that's fine. I can respect that. But comparing him to Chandler or calling him a 3rd option is just idiotic, arrogant and stupid. There's no defense for it and just incredibly poor tact on Kobe's part.

sorry, the P&G doesn't beg players to come play for us, we don't treat them as princesses either and hand them what they want in a silver platter. you come here, you fall in line and you work your way up. that's always how it has been. either get on with the program or get the **** out

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-05-2012, 01:55 AM
If the Lakers win 1-2 championships... well just look at the summer of 2014.

Kobe's contract is up, they have 0 contracts that year, $0 on payroll. Free agents that year include Kevin Love, LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Melo, and countless other studs.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but this is all of the top of my head, please correct me.

Contracts up in 2012: Derek Fisher, Matt Barnes, Troy Murphy, Andrew Goudelock, Darrius Morris, Devin Ebanks, Derrick Caracter

Contracts up in 2013: Jason Kapono, Josh McRoberts, Luke Walton, Andrew Bynum

Contracts up in 2014: Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, Steve Blake

Yup, 2014 it is! ;)

PippensBulls
02-05-2012, 02:28 AM
This guy is an even bigger drama queen than james, it's disgusting. Doesn't seem like winning is his first priority either.

LA_Raiders
02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
kobe needs a new side kick

LA_Raiders
02-05-2012, 02:36 AM
sorry, the P&G doesn't beg players to come play for us, we don't treat them as princesses either and hand them what they want in a silver platter. you come here, you fall in line and you work your way up. that's always how it has been. either get on with the program or get the **** out

:clap::clap::clap:

kozelkid
02-05-2012, 02:54 AM

That's fine. As I stated, I prefer my players not to grovel, especially considering I'm a Bulls fan and I love what Rose does in this situation.

But comparing Dwight to Chandler is simply an insult.

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 03:08 AM
That's fine. As I stated, I prefer my players not to grovel, especially considering I'm a Bulls fan and I love what Rose does in this situation.

But comparing Dwight to Chandler is simply an insult.

he didn't compare dwight to chandler, he said dwight would play a role similar to chandler's last year in dallas. we can't be all scorers, especially if the two guys in front are better offensively than you.

NJrockPD
02-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Kobe should go to the Magic and be Dwight's J.J. Reddick.

kozelkid
02-05-2012, 03:13 AM
he didn't compare dwight to chandler, he said dwight would play a role similar to chandler's last year in dallas. we can't be all scorers, especially if the two guys in front are better offensively than you.

Then it's a stupid comparison.

And no, Gasol is not better offensively.

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Kobe should go to the Magic and be Dwight's J.J. Reddick.

because Dwight's the one with 5 championships?

Then it's a stupid comparison.

And no, Gasol is not better offensively.

He has a better post game. Of course the raw numbers won't tell you that.

PippensBulls
02-05-2012, 03:35 AM
If Dwight took offense to what Kobe said, then the lakers shouldn't waste their time on him, plain and simple. the guy is clearly lacking a few mental screws if thats the case.

and he does not have a better offensive game than pau, even with the supposed improvement on the low block.

KingPosey
02-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Well, DH would be the 3rd best option offensively on that team, easily. Doesnt mean he wouldnt have a monster impact. He could still have pretty identical numbers to now based on his skill set.

IF this is true, its probably more in how it was presented to him, that, and the Shaq shadow.

xBLAMEITON24x
02-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Last time i checked its the coaches job to tell the players who is the first second etc. option. the coach tells the players which plays to run.
Players including kobe have no say whether a person the first option

xBLAMEITON24x
02-05-2012, 04:02 AM
One more thing wasnt this guy talking about making sacrifces and admiring how the celtics big three sacrificing money stats and pride to win a championship?

anyways i could care less about rumored phone conversations

kozelkid
02-05-2012, 04:11 AM
He has a better post game. Of course the raw numbers won't tell you that.

Or any numbers for that matter.

People need to stop selling Howard's offensive game short. This isn't 2008. He has vastly expanded his post game since. And even if Howard isn't as "skilled" as Gasol, he makes up for it with his athletic dominance. It would be like comparing Ewing to a prime Shaq. At some point, the athleticism and brute strength is better than the skill.

shep33
02-05-2012, 04:14 AM
I'm honestly wondering how Howard would perform with a team not surrounded by shooters who provide him with superior spacing. I think that's a legit question mark towards his offensive game. He is a beast, absolutely, but I've never seen him out of a live and die by the 3 offense.

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Or any numbers for that matter.

People need to stop selling Howard's offensive game short. This isn't 2008. He has vastly expanded his post game since. And even if Howard isn't as "skilled" as Gasol, he makes up for it with his athletic dominance. It would be like comparing Ewing to a prime Shaq. At some point, the athleticism and brute strength is better than the skill.

Assuming what you said is true, then sooner or later Howard will inevitably be moving up the ladder. Is he dumb to realize that?

kozelkid
02-05-2012, 04:26 AM
Assuming what you said is true, then sooner or later Howard will inevitably be moving up the ladder. Is he dumb to realize that?

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to...?

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 04:30 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to...?

Howard being a better offensive player than Pau.

shep33
02-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Probably the best news for the Lakers in all truth. Finally now they can start improving their team without waiting for Howard.

Trueblue2
02-05-2012, 04:39 AM
You guys haven't figured it out yet? We're all being trolled by sports writers. They figured out that all they have to do is talk **** on Kobe Bryant and mention Dwight Howard and their articles will get readers and there will be pages of topics on forums discussing them.

And about the article what's wrong with what Kobe supposedly said? Kobe's obviously the first option, Pau's offense is better and more versatile than Dwights and he's been on the team longer. The point of forcing a trade to the lakers would be for Dwight to put himself in a situation to win not to have an offense run through him. You can either do whatever it takes to win or you could be "the man" on the team, you can't have both. Dwight's not stupid he knows this. Either it's more important for him to have the offense run through him than be in a position to compete for a title immediately (In which case the lakers were never a serious option), Or this article is ******** (In which case we're being trolled by the media).

naps
02-05-2012, 04:41 AM
That's crazy if true. Adding Dwight with Kobe and Gasol on this current Lakers team would make them nasty. I don't know if it's true but I believe if there is a smoke there has to be a fire, even if it's a small one. And when it comes to Kobe and selfishness , it gives the story even more fuel.

kozelkid
02-05-2012, 04:47 AM
Howard being a better offensive player than Pau.

And I assume the ladder you refer to is LA's pecking order? Got it.

Well, as I said (or as you originally coined), we're dealing with princesses here. Assuming this is true, Howard has an ego, and frankly I don't blame him in this particular incident too much. However, he seems to have other priorities besides just winning or he'd be demanding to go to OKC or Chicago by now (probably more so OKC only because he'd have a better chance at being an annual NBA finals participant than ECF where he'd still have to battle the Heat every year).

As it stands, he appears to care more for NJ (per reports). Which lends me to believe Prokhorov has influenced him in other areas besides just winning. That's not to say that NJ can't become a contender in a season or two, but he wouldn't be on a nearly as dominant team and it would take longer than the teams I've mentioned longer.

Trueblue2
02-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Let's just assume the article is true... well that's what Dwight's role would realistically be in LA. He's obviously better than Tyson Chandler, but on the Lakers with Kobe and Gasol on the team Dwight would be a low post presence, a defensive anchor, and a rebounder. If Dwight forced his way to the lakers it would be because he wants to compete for a championship right away, and that means playing the role that helps his team the most. He's a great basketball player and he's capable of being a main scoring option, but it's not realistic for him to think that he would come in and have the offense run through him. If hearing that his stats will suffer and he might see less touches is enough to keep him away from LA then it wasn't a good fit in the first place.

Method28
02-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Seriously, if Dwight wants a max contract and the best chance at winning a ring he should come to LA and shut the **** up and fall into line. Kobe knows how to win and Dwight would be a rookie under Kobe and Gasol...Dwight would learn a lot from these two and when the time is right, Dwight would take command of the team....I don't see anything wrong with this. Maybe its Dwight who has the ego problem here and is not thinking clearly. Is he really foolish enough to think that playing in NJ is a better opportunity than playing in LA. hahahahaha. Lets see how many rings he gets teaming up with Deron and the worst roster 3-15 in the whole NBA. We all know what a ham Dwight is and how coming to Hollywood would be a dream for him. Maybe its time for him to man up and come to LA already and win some ****ing rings!!! All he would be doing by going to NJ is cutting his nose to spite his face....Kobe knows this to be true.

:facepalm:

Says the guy with the "Power Control" sig

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm honestly wondering how Howard would perform with a team not surrounded by shooters who provide him with superior spacing. I think that's a legit question mark towards his offensive game. He is a beast, absolutely, but I've never seen him out of a live and die by the 3 offense.

You also havent seen him with a PG of Deron Williams' caliber

willabeast77
02-05-2012, 11:30 AM
What's even the point in getting Dwight at the moment. Bynum is an allstar now and he's getting better. This would also pretty much ruin Dwight's career, similar to how Chris Paul ruined his career by going to the Clippers.

Vidball
02-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Doesn't really pass the sniff test. According to Woj Dwight wants to play with Pau. Also, Kobe already came out and called Bynum the number 2 option. Bynum is #2 but Howard would be number 3? Since when did Hoopsworld get "insider info"?

ldawg
02-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Sorry but Howard,Gasol and Kobe is nasty will win rings If they can come together like Heat. But the players have to make a sacrifice to form a good team. Rings are not won by stars playing together but forming a team and Kobe as well as Howard would have to make that sacrifice. We all know Pau will make the right plays. La also has to find a so so pg. It dont have to be cp3 or D Williams just a guicker pg that can pass and Shoot. But fisher can finish this year he plays solid d and can shoot. But movind foward A player like Mo Williams could do the trick next season and replace fisher then.

Cano-Montero...
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Doesn't really pass the sniff test. According to Woj Dwight wants to play with Pau. Also, Kobe already came out and called Bynum the number 2 option. Bynum is #2 but Howard would be number 3? Since when did Hoopsworld get "insider info"?

well said...

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 01:37 PM
And I assume the ladder you refer to is LA's pecking order? Got it.

Well, as I said (or as you originally coined), we're dealing with princesses here. Assuming this is true, Howard has an ego, and frankly I don't blame him in this particular incident too much. However, he seems to have other priorities besides just winning or he'd be demanding to go to OKC or Chicago by now (probably more so OKC only because he'd have a better chance at being an annual NBA finals participant than ECF where he'd still have to battle the Heat every year).

As it stands, he appears to care more for NJ (per reports). Which lends me to believe Prokhorov has influenced him in other areas besides just winning. That's not to say that NJ can't become a contender in a season or two, but he wouldn't be on a nearly as dominant team and it would take longer than the teams I've mentioned longer.

I can agree with this.

DerekRE_3
02-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Dwight needs to tell Kobe to come to Orlando to be his Vince Carter.

shep33
02-05-2012, 02:19 PM
You also havent seen him with a PG of Deron Williams' caliber

Very true. But Howard also isn't a pick and roll player. In a half court set he's a guy you throw the ball into the post and tell him to go to work. That being said, dribble penetration by Williams will get him some easy points off of dunks.

I still would like to see what he's like when he's consistently doubled. Because if we remember back in the playoffs, the Hawks just let him go to work without doubling him just so that they could protect the 3 point line. I mean that Orlando team had 4 three point shooters around Howard at all times. So I'm really excited to see how he fits in a more conventional offense.

shep33
02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
If by some miracle a Bynum for Howard deal straight up was approved by the Magic, I'll say it again, Bynum averages 17 and 12, Howard averages 20 and 15. If Dwight can't score 3 more ppg than Bynum, I'd be shocked. Howard's rebounds will drop if traded to LA, Gasol is a pretty damn good rebounder himself averaging 10 per game.

In all truth, the Lakers don't need him. They need a pg and a backup 2 guard who can score. That's it.

Cfrey
02-05-2012, 03:03 PM
and Kobe just lost his shot at ever competing for another NBA title

TheIlladelph16
02-05-2012, 03:13 PM

This. It's a slap in the face to Dwight if this is even true. LA fans need to get off their high horse acting like he is being selfish and not a team player.

D12 fan
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't think Kobe/D12 would mesh together anyway,Kobe at this stage of his career is just a jumpshooter,Dwight needs someone to feed him the ball like Dwill.

shep33
02-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I think some people forget to realize that Pau would have to get dealt in this trade anyways to take back Turk's deal

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
This. It's a slap in the face to Dwight if this is even true. LA fans need to get off their high horse acting like he is being selfish and not a team player.

well unfortunately that is not how we run things around here. remind me again which franchise has 16 championships?

we're much bigger than dwight howard and couldn't care less what he chooses to do.

shep33
02-05-2012, 03:37 PM
this is a slap in the face to Tyson Chandler if anything lol

shep33
02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Well I think Kennedy is wrong here and I'll put up a couple of conflicting arguments with his own:

1) Ken Berger and Woj both recently said D12 is still on the Lakers list, and Berger even said LA is somehow trying to keep Bynum in such a trade... really weird, Orlando isn't that dumb. But still two guys are arguing against Howard being off his stupid list

2) How can Howard be Tyson Chandler who averages 10 and 10, while Bynum right now averages 17 and 12, and Pau averages 17 and 10? So Howard would come in and average significantly less points than both those guys? How on earth does that makes sense?

3) Howard for Bynum won't work... Turk has to be involved somehow, and for salaries to match Pau has to go unless Metta and Luke are going to Orlando lol. This right here is the most obvious point in how this rumor can't be true. LA wants nothing to do with Turks contract. That would give them 3 bad ones in Peace, Walton, and Turk with only one amnesty clause.

4) There have been reports out of "Howard's camp" saying that D12 wants to play along side Pau Gasol on LA's frontline, and doesn't want the Lakers to give him up.

5) This conversation happened like a month ago supposedly right? Why on earth haven't the Lakers used up any of their assets to get another quality player? 2 first rounders and a 9 mill TPE are sitting there waiting to be used. Ramon Sessions who would be a huge upgrade at pg is supposedly worth a 1st rounder in this years draft.

Overall I don't think Howard is going to LA because I think it's just a smokescreen for him to force his way to the Nets. But the report does not make sense when you take everything else into question.

ghettosean
02-05-2012, 06:26 PM
4) There have been reports out of "Howard's camp" saying that D12 wants to play along side Pau Gasol on LA's frontline, and doesn't want the Lakers to give him up.

I was thinking before I even read this that playing alongside Gasol would be really good in strengthening his offensive game.

C-Style
02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Maybe Kobe should've used a different player other than Chandler, Maybe Bill Russell? doesn't sound that insulting...

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Maybe Kobe should've used a different player other than Chandler, Maybe Bill Russell? doesn't sound that insulting...

That would be insulting to Russell.

5ass
02-05-2012, 07:01 PM
what this means is that kobe wants dwight to come in play defense, rebound and do all the dirty work while kobe gets his shots and looks like the best player on the team. kobe would rather be the main option and risk failing than be the 2nd option and put himself in a better situation to win a championship, this is why him and shaq didnt work out.

Not saying that this report is true, all im saying is i wouldnt be surprised if it is.

If anything Kobe needs to be Dwight's Vince Carter/J-Rich consistent 2nd option that he hasnt had in a while.

The fact still remains that Kobe needs Dwight more than Dwight needs Kobe.

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 07:13 PM
lol, Kobe doesn't "need" Dwight. Where are you people getting your fantasies from?

Dwight's the one who's eager to move out of Orlando and go to a winning [ or so he says ] team. He's a newcomer essentially, no matter what his previous stature was.

Dr. Buss doesn't simply hand the keys to the franchise to anyone. He never did, not to Magic, not to Shaq, not to Kobe. And he definitely not to someone who seems like a pansy.

This is not just about kobe or dwight. This is about the P&G.

Netslunatic76
02-05-2012, 07:27 PM

Take your pick, Dwight.

Living in NYC is the worst thing ever!!! I have no idea why people come from all over the world to see it. /sarcasm

Way to perpetuate stereotypes of LA natives. With the money Dwight makes, he'll be fine in either city.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-05-2012, 07:31 PM
what this means is that kobe wants dwight to come in play defense, rebound and do all the dirty work while kobe gets his shots and looks like the best player on the team. kobe would rather be the main option and risk failing than be the 2nd option and put himself in a better situation to win a championship, this is why him and shaq didnt work out.

Not saying that this report is true, all im saying is i wouldnt be surprised if it is.

If anything Kobe needs to be Dwight's Vince Carter/J-Rich consistent 2nd option that he hasnt had in a while.

Kobe Bryant, 5 time NBA Champion, NEEDS Dwight Howard, 0 time NBA Champion. Wonderful post there sir.

ghettosean
02-05-2012, 07:31 PM
lol, Kobe doesn't "need" Dwight. Where are you people getting your fantasies from?

Dwight's the one who's eager to move out of Orlando and go to a winning [ or so he says ] team. He's a newcomer essentially, no matter what his previous stature was.

Dr. Buss doesn't simply hand the keys to the franchise to anyone. He never did, not to Magic, not to Shaq, not to Kobe. And he definitely not to someone who seems like a pansy.

This is not just about kobe or dwight. This is about the P&G.
Agreed Lakers need a point guard they already have the best center in the west and D12 needs to STFU and get this over with if he wants to win go to the Bulls already or if the deal is straight up for Bynum send him to L.A just do something getting tired of the drama. Even though I'm annoyed with the delay of getting this over with good job to the owners of the Magic for not trading him foolishly for Lopez and picks. If CP3 can be traded for what the hornets got or what the Lakers were going to give up for him D12 should be worth a fair penny on the trading market.

cssdmark
02-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Good job Kobe, your arrogance will prevent you from getting two more championships and stop the Lakers from having a great centerpiece to build off of when your time is done. Even if you win two more rings you will not be Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan was six for six in the finals and mvp all six years. Go Clippers.

5ass
02-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Kobe Bryant, 5 time NBA Champion, NEEDS Dwight Howard, 0 time NBA Champion. Wonderful post there sir.

my god. Seriously, are u trolling? or was that a legitimate post?
every argument ever made by a laker fan has the words 5 and championship in it. lol, its comical.

How did those 5 championships work out for him last season when he got swept in the second round? Kobe choked that series just like the rest of the laker team. So how will those 5 championships help him next season?
Ur applauding kobe for his 5 championships and dissing dwight for never winning one? Do u want me to sit here and compare their supporting casts over the years? Im sure u can figure that one out by urself. Kobe couldnt do **** without another star, why do u choose to ignore this? Dwight has made it to the ECF and the finals without a legitimate star.

like i said Kobe needs dwight more than dwight needs kobe. Learn to read between the lines. I never said Kobe "needs" Dwight, but my previous statement is still true.

stawka
02-05-2012, 08:32 PM
As a Kobe hater, this thread excites me. As much as I hate Kobe, I still respect him because of his game. If Dwight goes to LA, they'll be ****ing scary for a long time. Kobe will eventually be forced to defer to the second option, and being Dwight with Kobe as a second option, that scares the **** out of me

Dwight to the Nets ftw!

cssdmark
02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately Kobe is not smart enough to figure that out. If Howard would go to LA, then Deron would probably follow. Now you are looking at Howard Kobe and Deron, put some pieces around that, now that would be scary. Kobe is to arrogant to see at his age he needs Howard more than Howard needs him. Oh well New Jersey will start their era in Brooklyn with Deron and Howard

shep33
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM

I understand what your saying, but I have to disagree here. Kobe has won without Dwight, really no SG has played better than him this year and the Lakers with a pg and bench scorer would be so much better right now as opposed to gutting their team for Howard.

shep33
02-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately Kobe is not smart enough to figure that out. If Howard would go to LA, then Deron would probably follow. Now you are looking at Howard Kobe and Deron, put some pieces around that, now that would be scary. Kobe is to arrogant to see at his age he needs Howard more than Howard needs him. Oh well New Jersey will start their era in Brooklyn with Deron and Howard

What are the Lakers going to give up in order for Dwill to play there? Walton + Artest + 2014 2nd rounder... get it done!

5ass
02-06-2012, 12:27 AM
I understand what your saying, but I have to disagree here. Kobe has won without Dwight, really no SG has played better than him this year and the Lakers with a pg and bench scorer would be so much better right now as opposed to gutting their team for Howard.

Dwight puts up points on better efficiency with less effort. Kobe should understand that, and IF it comes down to it sacrifice some of his touches for Dwight. If Orl is going to trade dwight to LA theyre going to take Hedo. Hedo needs "ball" to be effective, or else he's just a spot up shooter who is useless on defense. IMO the lakers also are going to get another player from orl. it might be Jameer. Lakers could take him because its better than any PG they have and they wouldnt have the pieces to trade for someone better. So lets say the lakers get Jameer, Dwight can take his ***** *** BFF with him. Jameer also needs the ball to be effective, for the same reason as Hedo. So now u have all these guys that need touches, Kobe should look to facilitate more. At the very least tone it done with those 3 point shots, he thinks he's Ray Allen.

Lets say the Lakers dont trade for dwight. What caliber of PG do u think LA is going to get with their TPE? Calderon maybe? Does Calderon really put the lakers over the top? Does he really make the lakers a better team than Nelson/blake-Kobe/barnes-Hedo/artest-Murphy/mcroberts/artest-dwight/murphy.

That to me looks a lot like the magic team except (minus Ryan Anderson, whose role many times is limited to being a spot up shooter anyway) with a GREAT SG instead of J-rich, and MUCH better perimeter defenders (Artest/Barnes/Kobe), and a back up C.

Lets not forget that they might not resign Bynum longterm after they pick up his option next year. Its likely that Bynum gets injured and they decide not to keep him to avoid signing him to a max contract.

Raph12
02-06-2012, 12:48 AM
If this is true, Kobe is an idiot; I don't see how he'd deem Bynum the team's second option and then ask Dwight to play behind him and Pau.

shep33
02-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Dwight puts up points on better efficiency with less effort. Kobe should understand that, and IF it comes down to it sacrifice some of his touches for Dwight. If Orl is going to trade dwight to LA theyre going to take Hedo. Hedo needs "ball" to be effective, or else he's just a spot up shooter who is useless on defense. IMO the lakers also are going to get another player from orl. it might be Jameer. Lakers could take him because its better than any PG they have and they wouldnt have the pieces to trade for someone better. So lets say the lakers get Jameer, Dwight can take his ***** *** BFF with him. Jameer also needs the ball to be effective, for the same reason as Hedo. So now u have all these guys that need touches, Kobe should look to facilitate more. At the very least tone it done with those 3 point shots, he thinks he's Ray Allen.

Lets say the Lakers dont trade for dwight. What caliber of PG do u think LA is going to get with their TPE? Calderon maybe? Does Calderon really put the lakers over the top? Does he really make the lakers a better team than Nelson/blake-Kobe/barnes-Hedo/artest-Murphy/mcroberts/artest-dwight/murphy.

That to me looks a lot like the magic team except (minus Ryan Anderson, whose role many times is limited to being a spot up shooter anyway) with a GREAT SG instead of J-rich, and MUCH better perimeter defenders (Artest/Barnes/Kobe), and a back up C.

Lets not forget that they might not resign Bynum longterm after they pick up his option next year. Its likely that Bynum gets injured and they decide not to keep him to avoid signing him to a max contract.

If the Lakers trade for Howard though, Turk comes with him and out go all of the Lakers' assets. Essentially for the next two years after this one the Lakers team would be maxed out and could not pick up any FA's due to Turk being involved in this deal. The Lakers lose all flexibility, and I honestly do no think Howard + Kobe + Turk gets anything done. Yeah they could possibly make it to the Finals, but Chicago and Miami would rip them a new one.

The Lakers need an average NBA point guard... I don't think you realize how bad the situation is. A 37 year old Fisher who is being backed up by a 2nd round rookie who is actually a SG. Calderon or Sessions would be huge upgrades to a team with the worst pg rotation in the NBA. Lakers should focus on winning for these next two years IMO. Because in the summer of 2014 the Lakers have nobody signed and that year has a ton of high quality free agents.

If Howard doesn't think he'll get as many if not more shots as he does in Orlando than he's an idiot... Even if he is the 3rd option, which I guarantee he wouldn't be, do you know Bynum as the 3rd option essentially puts up as many shots as Howard who is the first option in Orlando?

Bottom line is that the Lakers don't need Howard as much as everybody thinks they do. Bynum is not as good as Howard, but Pau + Bynum is better than Howard IMO, and that's what it'll cost to get Dwight. Bynum is putting up 17 and 12, while averaging essentially the same number of blocks as Howard, shooting slightly higher from the field, and 10% higher from the line. Again, no way is Bynum equal to or better than Howard, but he's playing just fine. LA should use their assets, young players, + 2 first rounders, + 9 Million TPE to get a pg and a backup SG that can provide some bench scoring.

Howard is a great fit for the Lakers if its a straight up trade, but if they have to trade Gasol and take back Turk, I would not do that in a million years.

C-Style
02-06-2012, 02:28 AM
my *** Kobe needs Dwight. That fool is already in the top 10, Dwight not even top 20...If Dwight even wants to be in the top 15 then he better team up with Kobe. As a matter of fact Kobe needs a average PG more than he needs Dwight.

5ass
02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
If the Lakers trade for Howard though, Turk comes with him and out go all of the Lakers' assets. Essentially for the next two years after this one the Lakers team would be maxed out and could not pick up any FA's due to Turk being involved in this deal. The Lakers lose all flexibility, and I honestly do no think Howard + Kobe + Turk gets anything done. Yeah they could possibly make it to the Finals, but Chicago and Miami would rip them a new one.

The Lakers need an average NBA point guard... I don't think you realize how bad the situation is. A 37 year old Fisher who is being backed up by a 2nd round rookie who is actually a SG. Calderon or Sessions would be huge upgrades to a team with the worst pg rotation in the NBA. Lakers should focus on winning for these next two years IMO. Because in the summer of 2014 the Lakers have nobody signed and that year has a ton of high quality free agents.

If Howard doesn't think he'll get as many if not more shots as he does in Orlando than he's an idiot... Even if he is the 3rd option, which I guarantee he wouldn't be, do you know Bynum as the 3rd option essentially puts up as many shots as Howard who is the first option in Orlando?

Bottom line is that the Lakers don't need Howard as much as everybody thinks they do. Bynum is not as good as Howard, but Pau + Bynum is better than Howard IMO, and that's what it'll cost to get Dwight. Bynum is putting up 17 and 12, while averaging essentially the same number of blocks as Howard, shooting slightly higher from the field, and 10% higher from the line. Again, no way is Bynum equal to or better than Howard, but he's playing just fine. LA should use their assets, young players, + 2 first rounders, + 9 Million TPE to get a pg and a backup SG that can provide some bench scoring.

Howard is a great fit for the Lakers if its a straight up trade, but if they have to trade Gasol and take back Turk, I would not do that in a million years.

What kind of FA do u think the lakers are going to sign in the 2013 offseason (theres no way they could sign any1 next offseason anyway) if they didnt get hedo. With Kobes huge contract and howard making max u would have around 50 mill between those 2 alone. then u have artest and blake so that easily puts them over the cap. Maybe if they amnesty Artest they would have 3-4 million to spend. In hedo, overpaid as he is, u get a player that is worth slightly more than that.

As for them not being able to get a championship i disagree because i think they have a very good chance. Theyre basically the same team as orl with Hedo/Dwight/Nelson. What we've always missed in Orl was a good perimeter player (J-rich/Carter experiments) and right now also good perimeter defenders (pietrus/Lee/Barnes always had a big impact on the game). With Kobe, Artest, Barnes u get to address those needs. Kobe will have a field day driving to the hoop with help defenders having to worry about howard. Also with Kobe attacking the basket he will draw fouls from the opposing teams center. Since most defenders foul dwight in an attempt to limit him offensively, they will get into foul trouble quickly.

I dont think Calderon can put the lakers over the top and make them better, especially long term, then if the lakers trade for howard.

Punk
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Not sure how this is a "Kobe sucks" thing. Because, I see it as "Dwight is an idiot" thing. He wants to be the first option in ORL but he wants to be in a bigger city. Okay.

LA has Kobe as their first option, Chicago has D-Rose as their first option, Dallas has Dirk has their first option, NY has Melo as their first option. Then, he wants to win a title with any of the 4 city teams. So, Kobe says "come be my Tyson" which is basically asking him to bring defense, rebounding, attitude, finish around the rim when given the ball and that's not good enough? He would win rings and at age 25, he would eventually grow into the first option role when Kobe retires.

So, I don't get Dwight. He claims he wants to compete for a title but he doesn't want to be anything less than a first option and every contending team in a big market has a first option star already.

Makes no sense to me. I am slowly losing respect for him as this continues on because he is showing no ounce of heart or to win anything if this is true. So, he'd rather go to Brooklyn to play for a 2nd rate organization in a big market with little expectations than to play for a top of the line market with a culture of winning.

If he wants to go to Brooklyn and create his own championship path like Chris Paul, say so. Don't play these games and then turn down markets that you would win a title with.

Rockice_8
02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
LAL fans are funny, your time has past. If Dwight goes there it's for both Bynum and Gasol for Dwight and Hedo. Where do get off saying Deron and Dwight would be paired with nobody else? If Dwight went to LA he'd be paired with nobody else. Outside of Kobe, Pau, and Bynum LA's roster is puke. Your bench is NYK bad and you have the worst starting PG in all of basketball. MWP don't get me started, your 4th best player is probably McRoberts or Matt Barnes.

Bynum isn't that good that he could land Dwight, it's gonna take Pau too if you want to beat NJ's offer, so dealing for Dwight leaves Kobe/Dwight and nobody else, way less then what NJ is left with. NJ has a much better squad of role players and it's not even close. Morrow/Hump NJ's so called bad role players are better then anyone outside of the big three on LA.

Fisher
Kobe
Hedo
McRoberts
Dwight

or

D-Will
Morrow
Hedo
Hump
Dwight

After the trades the Nets lineup is much much better. History doesn't account for present results.

Rockice_8
02-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Not sure how this is a "Kobe sucks" thing. Because, I see it as "Dwight is an idiot" thing. He wants to be the first option in ORL but he wants to be in a bigger city. Okay.

LA has Kobe as their first option, Chicago has D-Rose as their first option, Dallas has Dirk has their first option, NY has Melo as their first option. Then, he wants to win a title with any of the 4 city teams. So, Kobe says "come be my Tyson" which is basically asking him to bring defense, rebounding, attitude, finish around the rim when given the ball and that's not good enough? He would win rings and at age 25, he would eventually grow into the first option role when Kobe retires.

So, I don't get Dwight. He claims he wants to compete for a title but he doesn't want to be anything less than a first option and every contending team in a big market has a first option star already.

Makes no sense to me. I am slowly losing respect for him as this continues on because he is showing no ounce of heart or to win anything if this is true. So, he'd rather go to Brooklyn to play for a 2nd rate organization in a big market with little expectations than to play for a top of the line market with a culture of winning.

If he wants to go to Brooklyn and create his own championship path like Chris Paul, say so. Don't play these games and then turn down markets that you would win a title with.

:laugh:
Says the Knicks fan.

The guy wants to go his own way and not follow in the footsteps of Shaq. He's wants to go to a new place with his buddy Deron and build something rather then just take the easy way out and ride Kobe's coattails. I don't see the problem with that.

shep33
02-06-2012, 05:06 PM
:laugh:
Says the Knicks fan.

The guy wants to go his own way and not follow in the footsteps of Shaq. He's wants to go to a new place with his buddy Deron and build something rather then just take the easy way out and ride Kobe's coattails. I don't see the problem with that.

I think Punk makes some valid points. If Howard gets traded to NJ, depending on the bad contracts NJ takes back plus the all the assets they give up, I mean it might take a year or two to build up that roster and chemistry to match that of Chicago, Miami, or even the Pacers who seem to be on the rise. I hope NJ doesn't give up too much. Best thing for them is to wait it out till the offseason IMO