PDA

View Full Version : Alex Kennedy (Hoopsworld): Bryant 'messed up' the Dwight to LA deal

NYSpirit1
02-04-2012, 03:37 PM
AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
Source close to Dwight Howard on why he's leaning away from the Los Angeles Lakers: "Kobe messed it up. That's all I can say for now."

As long as Kobe is on the Lakers, they will never have immense success again. They have major cap problems as currently constructed.

They have $61 million committed through the next three seasons and that's without giving Andrew Bynum a big contract that he'll demand. Put that number at $75 million then on just four players. Kobe is making $30 million in three years.

But that's not even the problem. This dates back to Kobe's conversation with Howard that it's "Kobe's team". Their team is getting way old and it's showing this season. Bynum is the future, but unfortunately, Kobe will probably play 5 more seasons and as long as he's there, he won't let another star shine over him.

I can't see the Lakers being good past those 5 years on his team, he's going to single handedly kill the future of the Lakers by being selfish.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-04-2012, 03:43 PM
no, the lakers have the smartest FO in the league, unlike the knicks.

and btw knicks fan talking about selfishness:laugh:

insert melo, amare and chandler there and your point will be the same, look how melo forced his way to NY to get max possibble money and now knicks are 22-29 with him.

Cal827
02-04-2012, 03:46 PM
- Kobe could restructure his deal
- Lakers could trade Gaslol for a higher pick next season.
-Kobe seems to still have it.
- When he does fall off a bit, he might defer the ball more. I mean I think he'll notice that he needs to change if he's shooting like 30% from the field lol

Few things that could happen.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Kobe messed it up. Lol. Yeah, I really wish that guy never played for us. We might have been able to win one or two chips in the past decade if he wasn't so selfish. Wait a sec........

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Last I checked, Dwight is not the difference between a ring and not getting one. Lakers don't need to beg players to play for them. Have fun in a burrow Dwight.

adidas2307
02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Kobe is Kobe, he's still going to be able to lead the team well. I still see them being competitive for the next 3-5 years. :shrug:

Birdmannn
02-04-2012, 03:53 PM
I smell hate

Bravo95
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Some players have put in a lot of work and accomplished a lot for their respective franchises.

Usually newcomers have to accept that and play their role.

BigBongTheory
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
As long as Kobe is on the Lakers, they will never have immense success again. They have major cap problems as currently constructed.

They have $61 million committed through the next three seasons and that's without giving Andrew Bynum a big contract that he'll demand. Put that number at $75 million then on just four players. Kobe is making $30 million in three years.

But that's not even the problem. This dates back to Kobe's conversation with Howard that it's "Kobe's team". Their team is getting way old and it's showing this season. Bynum is the future, but unfortunately, Kobe will probably play 5 more seasons and as long as he's there, he won't let another star shine over him.

I can't see the Lakers being good past those 5 years on his team, he's going to single handedly kill the future of the Lakers by being selfish.

AND THIS THREAD IS...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OEDU7yrTTQ&feature=related

shep33
02-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't know how accurate these reports are but I'll say it again, Howard to the Lakers is a smokescreen.

Seems to be forcing his way to NJ, which was always his #1 choice.

Why wouldn't you want to play with a guy that has been to 7 Finals, and won 5 of them with great big men?

lakersiznumber1
02-04-2012, 04:10 PM
howard wont bring a ring anyways. im with jim i wouldnt trade bynum for howard either. Howard is talking to much they can have gasol but bynum no way. howard can go to the nets and watch the bulls and mia kill them everyday. Howards not 2 smart he can win a ring right now or go 2 nets and never win hmmmmmmmmmm smart choice dummy lol

Algmuskrats
02-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Lol Kobe messed it up? smh.

MickeyMgl
02-04-2012, 04:20 PM
As long as Kobe is on the Lakers, they will never have immense success again.

Let me file this in the special file with "Kobe will never be MVP" and "Kobe will never win a championship without Shaq".

J4KOP99
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
how do you kill something "for now?"

fouman22
02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Didn't bother reading the rest of the thread, just read the title.
stupid thread to begin with. Kobe "selfishness" has given the Lakers 5 championships in the past 12 years, how many has New York won?
Everyday more and more Kobe haters, kinda funny

MickeyMgl
02-04-2012, 04:26 PM

Where's the selfish part?

shep33
02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Ah lets keep this civil boys, no need to throw Knicks vs. Lakers in this mix just because the guy is a Knicks fan.

I know a lot of us Laker fans have respect for the Knicks posters on this site... no need to start stuff guys, lets keep in nice.

strokeman
02-04-2012, 04:41 PM
People that post things like this are so annoying! How is kobe selfish? The man is playing solid ball right now, he is getting 30PPG 7RPG and 6APG; that don’t look like a selfish player states to me, looks like a man that is doing whatever it takes to WIN!

Supa
02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
You mean the same Kobe who leads Lakers in assist in 8 of last 10 seasons? Yeah, that's real selfish.

As for salary, it's not even the max possible deal under the old NBA salary terms.

If any team that has salary problem, it's the Knicks - having the mega money of the biggest city but very little to show for it.

Yes, it's Kobe's team, Howard is not even commit to coming to Lakers, how can it be his team? Doesn't even make sense.

---

Raph12
02-04-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't know how accurate these reports are but I'll say it again, Howard to the Lakers is a smokescreen.

Seems to be forcing his way to NJ, which was always his #1 choice.

Why wouldn't you want to play with a guy that has been to 7 Finals, and won 5 of them with great big men?

Dwight wants to win as "the man" and Kobe made it clear that in LA, he would not be that guy... I think that had as much to do with the decision, only Nets, as anything else.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Dwight wants to win as "the man" and Kobe made it clear that in LA, he would not be that guy... I think that had as much to do with the decision, only Nets, as anything else.

theres no way the nets with dwight would beat the heat or bulls in the next 3 years

beliges
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Yup, "Kobe messed it up." Thats so much credible information right there. Its funny how everybody is an inside reporter now and people run off with anything they read on the internet of all places.

shep33
02-04-2012, 05:08 PM

I might not buy that entirely, I think Howard was looking for a way out of getting dealt to LA, so he came up with some excuses like that. I think a lot of it has to do with Shaq and I don't think he wants to be known as Shaq 2.0. Also there is a lot less pressure in NJ/Brooklyn than there is in LA. If the Nets make the playoffs its a win for them. I think they don't have a good shot the first year or two to win the East, however, I think their goal is really to try and build up Brooklyn and bring in the fan base. The Nets are going to make a lot of money with the Nets vs. Knicks dynamic. Really there is no pressure for the Nets to win right away with Howard... however if he comes to LA, it's championship or bust every year here, and if he fails, he's going to get smashed. I don't know if he wants to be in the middle of that in all truth. He seems like he's the type of guy that wants the public to love him, which is fine.

Cfrey
02-04-2012, 05:09 PM
this is true.. kobe cant do it alone

49erGiantLaker
02-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I smell hate

I smell it too.

smith&wesson
02-04-2012, 05:14 PM

i dont understand what you epxect from kobe.

he has brought 5 rings to the lakers. why do you think they are soo loyal to him. do you really think d.howard is a better offensive player then kobe because he isnt. and its not even close.

AsfanSince99
02-04-2012, 05:15 PM
As long as Kobe is on the Lakers, they will never have immense success again.

LOL....

and the Knicks stink like a rotten apple. Melo, that prima donna, will never win anything in ny.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Dwight as the man in Orlando: 2 consecutive trips to the ECF, 1 trip to the NBA Finals

Kobe as the man in LA: 3 consecutive trips to the WCF, 3 consecutive trips to the NBA Finals, back-to-back NBA Championships

Mmmm, so who should be the man for the immediate future?

Heediot
02-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Don't teams have the stretch option on players contract where they can stretch the remaining salary of a player over a specific number of years depending on the contract?

GonRoo
02-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Funny they say Kobe is selfish for being the Man on the Lakers squad. Thus being the reason Dwight doesn't want to come there...hmm, sounds like Dwight is the selfish one.

Also, Kobe is having an MVP type season, and i would hate for anyone to play them in a 7 game series, with or without Dwight Howard. The regular season record is not a testament to what kind of team they will be come playoff time.

Another thing, 2 out of 3 New Yorkers would shoot themselves in the leg for Kobe Bryant.

Kobe is the same person going out and playing every game with bad knees and a bad wrist. He is basically putting his career on the line every game he goes out there and plays.

There is a difference between selfishness and the will to win.

5ass
02-04-2012, 05:29 PM
theres no way the nets with dwight would beat the heat or bulls in the next 3 years

A lot of laker fans keep saying this, when they really dont know how the team will look like. Tell me how can you be so sure? maybe its just because ur hating on the nets cz theyre about to take dwight away from the lakers?

All im saying is dont be so sure of anything, a month ago laker fans were so sure they were getting dwight like it was already a done deal, but over the past few days most of them have changed their tunes.

IMO, a combo of Dwight+Deron+some capspace is better than a combo of Dwight+Kobe ESPECIALLY for the next 3 years.

ThunderousDemon
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Not this again, Dwight *****ing and moaning, just give him to the Nets and get this circus show over with.

smith&wesson
02-04-2012, 05:38 PM
You mean the same Kobe who leads Lakers in assist in 8 of last 10 seasons? Yeah, that's real selfish.

As for salary, it's not even the max possible deal under the old NBA salary terms.

If any team that has salary problem, it's the Knicks - having the mega money of the biggest city but very little to show for it.

Yes, it's Kobe's team, Howard is not even commit to coming to Lakers, how can it be his team? Doesn't even make sense.

---

i agree,

kobe is not a distributing pg. ppl need to get over. kobe is a SHOOTING gaurd. he scores, and he defends, and does pretty much whatever it takes to help his team win.

i cant count how many times kobe has played through a first quarter with out even taking a single shot.

fact of the matter is that the lakers need a pg, they have fo a long time and i dont know why that falls on kobe in anway.

also kobe is a far superior offensive player then howard. no doubt kobe would still be the go to scorer if howard was there. and eventually the torch would be handed down. but kobe is the man in LA. it doesnt even make sence to make an arguement against that.

and u add howard to the lakers and that gives him just as good a chance to win a ring as any other player and team in the league.

Lakeshow24KB
02-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Lol ******s hating won't make the Lakers or Kobe any worse, just better.

GonRoo
02-04-2012, 05:43 PM
For the Nets to get Dwight, They would have to send Lopez, their #1 pick, Morrow, and probably Humphries. (maybe even more)

That leaves you with Dwight, Deron, Bogans, 3 other Williams', Petro, Okur, Stevenson, Gaines, Brooks, james, and Farmar.

Can they really compete with, the Heat, Bulls, Hawks, and Pacers? The Celtics? hell even the Knicks? Let alone, the Thunder, Mavs, Lakers, Spurs, and Clippers in the west?

Look if Dwight wants to win for the foreseeable future, you go to a franchise that will get you pieces. This is looking beyond the Kobe Bryant era.

Just because you want to play in New Jersey/Brooklyn w/e, doesn't mean other players want to play there.

This still comes down to the Letters on the front of your jersey and the history that comes with it.

shep33
02-04-2012, 05:44 PM
To the OP:

-The backlash wouldn't have occurred if you just noted the tweet, instead of voicing an opinion of Kobe's selfishness. You have the right to do I guess, but note that when your also a Knicks fan (and I respect the hell out of Knicks fans on this site), your going to get fans talking smack about the Knicks, and this whole topic will turn into a hate thread.

BigBongTheory
02-04-2012, 05:47 PM
A lot of laker fans keep saying this, when they really dont know how the team will look like. Tell me how can you be so sure? maybe its just because ur hating on the nets cz theyre about to take dwight away from the lakers?

All im saying is dont be so sure of anything, a month ago laker fans were so sure they were getting dwight like it was already a done deal, but over the past few days most of them have changed their tunes.

IMO, a combo of Dwight+Deron+some capspace is better than a combo of Dwight+Kobe ESPECIALLY for the next 3 years.

I'd honestly rather have Bynum then Howard, even if it was a straight up trade involving the two.

5ass
02-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I'd honestly rather have Bynum then Howard, even if it was a straight up trade involving the two.

its ur opinion, but bynum doesnt do anything better than dwight. he cant even stay healthy for a full season, i think 99% of NBA fans will choose dwight over bynum without hesitation.

ghettosean
02-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Aside from Kobe being a Laker half of his ENTIRE LIFE and bringing 5 championsihps and he's had regular season and finals MVPs he's being too selfish as a shooting guard. OMG is all I have to say and if he is being too selfish put him on the bench and keep him there and lets see how many games the lakers win.

This thread is stupid.

ghettosean
02-04-2012, 06:00 PM
its ur opinion, but bynum doesnt do anything better than dwight. he cant even stay healthy for a full season, i think 99% of NBA fans will choose dwight over bynum without hesitation.
I would choose Howard but Bynum is a much better offensive player than Howard just to give him a one up as for the rest D12 is king but I do question if he will ever win a championship and his desire to win since he is dodging the place that is most likely to give him a championship the quickest THE CHICAGO BULLS!

5ass
02-04-2012, 06:09 PM
I would choose Howard but Bynum is a much better offensive player than Howard just to give him a one up as for the rest D12 is king but I do question if he will ever win a championship and his desire to win since he is dodging the place that is most likely to give him a championship the quickest THE CHICAGO BULLS!

in what way? dwight is more efficient on post ups and better at handling (finishing or passing out of) double teams. Now u can tell me bynum has better footwork or a softer touch or post moves or watvr it wont make a difference. You can argue about the methods but u cant argue about the results.

5ass
02-04-2012, 06:12 PM
as for dwight going to chicago, its his choice. If he really wants to win he should just forget about being traded and go sign with a team under the cap next season (nets, t-wolves, ect) to avoid gutting his future team. That also means he should forget about getting those extra 30 mill.

ChiSox219
02-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Lakers should be a title contender but with Kobe thinking he's Jordan but scoring more like Drexler, things don't look so hot.

OptiMized
02-04-2012, 06:22 PM
how do you kill something "for now?"
duh, kobe will revive it later.

ghettosean
02-04-2012, 06:22 PM
in what way? dwight is more efficient on post ups and better at handling (finishing or passing out of) double teams. Now u can tell me bynum has better footwork or a softer touch or post moves or watvr it wont make a difference. You can argue about the methods but u cant argue about the results.
I understand your reasoning in this but D12 is the man in Orlando and puts up more shot attempts than Bynum. Andrew has a guy named Kobe on his team that is the leading scorer in the league so he has to defer to him more often than not. Put D12 and Bynum in the same situation and the same type of team and I'm sure Bynum will meet your result set to show he is better offensively.

P.S

Bynum has a better FG % and a better FT % then Howard so if you are just looking at is point average maybe you are right.

Final point: Howard right now is the better center I'm not saying he's not just said Bynum is better offensively that's all.

OptiMized
02-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Kobe just donated millions to his ex-wife, but you ppl say he's selfish. sheesh

BigBongTheory
02-04-2012, 06:39 PM

I would choose Bynum because he is home grown, it's like derek jeter and the yankees. Lesean Mccoy and the eagles. I rather have bynum because he can get the job done, mostly everyone will put him as the 2nd best center in the league, and is where i put him. Dwight is the best center in the league, and will be for a while. I've grown watching bynum, and howard is someone i've grown watching in orlando.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I do indeed think the Lakers let Kobe shoot way too much, instead of relying on their ridiculous size and skill advantage down low. But there is more to it. Brown wouldn't know how to design an offense if it landed on his face. He lets Kobe shoot away, so the Lakers will sink or swim with him.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2012, 06:57 PM

donated? Really?

amos1er
02-04-2012, 07:01 PM

At least Kobe has a franchise to kill. This is the house Kobe built, and while I don't condone him tearing it down (which I doubt he is doing or would ever do), at least he has the right because he got us five banners unlike the rest of these other overhyped David Stern Marauders who get pampered by the league, media and refs on a daily basis and can't get the job done.

Sactown
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Kobe could score 102 points in a game and it still doesn't make him not an idiot.. what he did was stupid.. previous championships have nothing to do with the present or the future... what he did was stupid

Bruno
02-04-2012, 07:22 PM
so a source, 'close to Dwight', told Alex Kennedy (Reporter for Hoopsworld) that kobe "ruined the deal". And Alex Kennedy won't reveal that source.

that does not merit the title of this thread. I'm editing it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM

You're welcome. :clap:

Bruno
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
lets say this conversation did happen. what is kobe supposed to say to Howard? "hey bud, come on over and it's your team". are you kidding me? Howard can gracefully step into the team and win that title with his play on the court, not through some pre-fabricated phone call. You win your role through your on-court production. If Howard wants to be the guy, then hed need to play like the guy. his play will justify his position; if anything it appears that Howard is afraid himself to take on that challenge while a guy like Kobe is in town.

Lost Art
02-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Good, we don't need to gut our roster for Bynum 2.0

Sactown
02-04-2012, 07:34 PM
lets say this conversation did happen. what is kobe supposed to say to Howard? "hey bud, come on over and it's your team". are you kidding me? Howard can gracefully step into the team and win that title with his play on the court, not through some pre-fabricated phone call. You win your role through your on-court production. If Howard wants to be the guy, then hed need to play like the guy. his play will justify his position; if anything it appears that Howard is afraid himself to take on that challenge while a guy like Kobe is in town.

There's something called middle ground.. he didn't have to say that nor did he have to say something like it's my team till the day I retire... get it?

shep33
02-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Lakers should be a title contender but with Kobe thinking he's Jordan but scoring more like Drexler, things don't look so hot.

Do you really think the Lakers would contend with Howard + Kobe and nobody else? It's going to take Pau + Bynum to get him, that leaves LA with little to nothing.

Bruno
02-04-2012, 07:47 PM
There's something called middle ground.. he didn't have to say that nor did he have to say something like it's my team till the day I retire... get it?

and you're assuming that kobe didn't touch on some kind of middle ground based off a tweet from Alex Kennedy, a reporter from hoopsworld.

go find me first-on-the-scene reports for hoopsworld that ended up being accurate, vs. how many were inaccurate, then we can talk. I'd like to think that you'd get why this isn't close to being a reliable source.

Slimsim
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM

Yes until he sign the extension with LA you kiss ***

SluggeR
02-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I think the media is making too much of this to be honest. I'm sure the Lakers and Coach Brown could repair any damage Kobe did. I hope they don't, but I'm sure they could. #Your Welcome.

Bruno
02-04-2012, 08:03 PM

kobe doesn't kiss ***. never has, never will. Nor does the Laker franchise. when Shaq was disrespectful to Buss and demanded an absurd $30 million dollars a year as a over-weight thirty-two year old, Buss shipped him out. When Ariza thought he could haggle with the Buss family, they spent the money on Artest. When Odom said he couldn't give the team his full heart anymore, they shipped him out. LALs history in the Buss era speaks for itself.

If Howard is going to allow some phone-call to out weight the history of the Lakers under Buss, then his priorities are back-wards. This team has proven they will spend the money. This franchise has won 1/3rd of the titles since 1980. This franchise treats their francise guys like kings when they produce. If that's not enough for him then he should just go somewhere else.

Sactown
02-04-2012, 08:14 PM
and you're assuming that kobe didn't touch on some kind of middle ground based off a tweet from Alex Kennedy, a reporter from hoopsworld.

go find me first-on-the-scene reports for hoopsworld that ended up being accurate, vs. how many were inaccurate, then we can talk. I'd like to think that you'd get why this isn't close to being a reliable source.

It would not have pushed Howard SO far away if Kobe simply said "We can win multiple championships together, if you come and play in LA I'll show you the way to getting a ring." but it's pretty obvious he didn't and any support of what he did say is foolish...

Gritz
02-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I do indeed think the Lakers let Kobe shoot way too much, instead of relying on their ridiculous size and skill advantage down low. But there is more to it. Brown wouldn't know how to design an offense if it landed on his face. He lets Kobe shoot away, so the Lakers will sink or swim with him.

Easier said than done, if you seen the nuggets game last night, Bynum started heating up and as soon as that was the case whenever he got the ball he got doubled and tripled team, and since the Lakers lack players that can create their own shots, heck they don't even have guys that can make outside shots, thus teams don't have to respect anyone and when bynum or gasol (whenever he decides to play in the post) gets it down low, the lack of respect for anyone other than kobe allows teams to take away some of that size

sixer04fan
02-04-2012, 08:19 PM
I heard from a source that Kobe blocked the Chris Paul trade too.

Give me a break people. How dumb are you to believe this gossip?

Voodoo Alchemy
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Didn't bother reading the rest of the thread, just read the title.
stupid thread to begin with. Kobe "selfishness" has given the Lakers 5 championships in the past 12 years, how many has New York won?
Everyday more and more Kobe haters, kinda funny

lmfao!!!

when has kobe ever won a title by carrying the team on his back like the way jordan did with 8 titles (and yes, it's not a typo, jordan has 8 rings)?

BALLER71
02-04-2012, 08:34 PM
no, the lakers have the smartest FO in the league, unlike the knicks.

and btw knicks fan talking about selfishness:laugh:

insert melo, amare and chandler there and your point will be the same, look how melo forced his way to NY to get max possibble money and now knicks are 22-29 with him.

Pat ****ing Riley says hi.

LA4life24/8
02-04-2012, 08:41 PM
lets see last i knew kobe was a proven winner.. what has d12 won?? ummm oh yeah thats right nothing... if dwight was really interested in winning hed come to LA oh well

sunsfan88
02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Lol the Lakers have won 2 titles in the past 3 years largely due to Kobe. So if they are gonna suck for the next 5 years because of him, then I'm sure Laker fans are ok with it.

Hell I'll take two titles for my Suns even if it means sucking for 5 years after!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Pat ****ing Riley says hi.

:laugh::pity:

really???bringing bron, wade and bosh together outweighs what Jerry Buss has done with the Lakers(10 titles)

kblo247
02-04-2012, 09:41 PM

You seen Staples before? That is Kobe's house. Every banner that went up there, record broken, 5 titles, 7 rings, playoff games, MVP given out there, he has had a hand in it. He is the constant there. He won't kiss the guy who hasn't won or proven ***** ***.

My take:

So, the gust of the thing is Kobe had Pau's back? Or Kobe would have Andrew's back? The guys who have spent years with him and have the better offensive games than Dwight, who has never won a MVP because how he scores isn't conventional like Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan, and he made his name off defense and rebounding?

Lets face facts, Kobe is a better offensive player than Dwight and proven winner, Dwight has to prove himself in the fire of the Finals and playoff battle to earn the right to be considered his equal let alone take the wheel.

Pau is also uber sensitive as is Drew, so if he sold them out in interviews and said you know what Dwight, **** them, I want you, he would be bashed for being disloyal. You know why Dwight would fall in line behind Pau?

Pau walked through fire with him. He literally did. They came together, made a hell of a run, and got smacked by Boston. They picked one another up, went back and slapped around anyone in their way including Dwight to a ring. Then they went on and took back their pride vs Boston.

The same reason Kobe has love for Pau even after he gets pissed off or disappointed by him, is like why he loves Fish or Luke. They have earned the love, they have been in the trenches with him, have seen the bottom, have seen the top, have seen him at his best, have seen him at his worst, and he has seen their highs and lows.there is a bond and mutual respect that has been earned and coveted.

Dwight hasn't earned anything besides maybe a whatsup buddy, as he has not proven anything in the war or wars to have his *** kissed or be lied to by saying it would be his team or his city

If Dwight comes and wants to earn his status as a LAker great, much like Kobe earned everything he ever got in LA, so be it. Kobe earned being an all star. Kobe earned the right to start. Kobe was the playmaker on every title team. In all but one finals run, he was the main perimeter defender on 1-3's. Kobe earned his status as option 1 and 1B during the shaq days. He earned every Laker record, title, all star selection, medal, All NBA Team, and everything he got. Wasn't **** handed to him, just like wasn't **** handed to Magic, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, or West.

If Dwight can't get with the ****ing program and come into the forum blue and gold with the idea that he will earn everything he gets in that jersey, man F UCK him.

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Last I checked, Dwight is not the difference between a ring and not getting one. Lakers don't need to beg players to play for them. Have fun in a burrow Dwight.

Pretty much. I'm a Bulls fan, but I have to agree here. There's a reason LA is one of the most successful sports franchises of all time. Teams like LA, GB, Pittsburgh, Real Madrid, Yankees, Liverpool, Man U, etc. speak for themselves with their success and greatness. They have no need to grovel. If Howard doesn't see it, that's his business. But LA is too good to need to beg for ANY player.

utl768
02-04-2012, 11:17 PM
they won 5 rings

let the dude have his moment

he earned it

Punk
02-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Sorry but Kobe doesn't have 5 rings if it isn't for Shaq and Gasol. I don't get why everyone is so sensitive in here. If he did ruin this Dwight to LA thing, he'll simply suffer with the team he has now and the lack of a productive bench. Although the lack of trade talk might make them play better but Dwight would have changed their mindset.

UPRock
02-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Bynum is playing GREAT, they don't need Howard. What they need is a point guard and they can be deadly.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Sorry but Kobe doesn't have 5 rings if it isn't for Shaq and Gasol. I don't get why everyone is so sensitive in here. If he did ruin this Dwight to LA thing, he'll simply suffer with the team he has now and the lack of a productive bench. Although the lack of trade talk might make them play better but Dwight would have changed their mindset.

And the one constant the last 16 yrs in the association for the L.A. Lakers...Kobe Bryant.

You can say all you want about Shaq and Gasol, but Kobe will go down as better than them in the all-time ranks and will go down as the greatest player of the greatest NBA franchise in history.

Cano-Montero...
02-05-2012, 03:01 AM

And vice versa...

Trueblue2
02-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Kobe could score 102 points in a game and it still doesn't make him not an idiot.. what he did was stupid.. previous championships have nothing to do with the present or the future... what he did was stupid

What exactly did Kobe do?

Talk to Dwight on the phone and say it's his team? What was the context of the conversation? Did he say it jokingly or did he get mad when he said it? Who's the source close to the situation that leaked the story in the first place? Why is this source so credible? How does it not go without saying that it's kobe's team?

You seem to be an expert on the Kobe/Dwight situation, so you shouldn't have a problem answering these questions. I'm just trying to gain the understanding that you have of this situation, I've looked all ove the Internet and can't find a good answer to any of those questions. Since you clearly have inside information please let me in on it.

shep33
02-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Bynum is playing GREAT, they don't need Howard. What they need is a point guard and they can be deadly.

Probably the best post here. I don't know if people have seen the Lakers this year but they're dead last in the following categories:

-PG production
-bench scoring
-3 point shooting

Unless D12 develops his ball handling skills and gets dribble penetration while knocking down 3-4 threes a game, he doesn't make a big impact for the Lakers.

How people overlook a good team as opposed to stars... LA is a pg and a bench scorer away from being a very damn good team. 37 year Derek Fisher starts for the Lakers... their backup pg at the moment is a 2nd round rookie who is actually a SG

MickeyMgl
02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
lmfao!!!

when has kobe ever won a title by carrying the team on his back like the way jordan did with 8 titles (and yes, it's not a typo, jordan has 8 rings)?

A) Jordan didn't carry HOF Dennis Rodman and All-time Top 50 Scottie Pippen to squat. They all had help from the most accurate 3-point shooter in history, Steve Kerr.

B) What's the punchline to that "Jordan has 8 rings" joke?

Cano-Montero...
02-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Alex Kennedy? the same guy i think who said LA will sign someone? correct me if im wrong...

BigCityofDreams
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM

What did he do exactly?

shep33
02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Woj on the radio said Howard's "camp" wanted him to play with Pau. I still think LA is a smokescreen and he forces his way to the Nets

VRP723
02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
This thread is ridiculous.

If Kobe actually did tell Dwight Howard that he would have to live in the shadow in LA he's a moron. Would he? Yeah of course, Kobe's a legend in Los Angeles, but you don't tell someone you're recruiting, especially one that's probably a better basketball player than you are at this point, that they're going to be the second fiddle. The Laker fans can say "OMG yeah right selfish, 5 rings!" or that they don't want him all they want, but if this report is true Kobe messed up. Plain and simple.

lakers4sho
02-05-2012, 03:18 PM
This thread is ridiculous.

If Kobe actually did tell Dwight Howard that he would have to live in the shadow in LA he's a moron. Would he? Yeah of course, Kobe's a legend in Los Angeles, but you don't tell someone you're recruiting, especially one that's probably a better basketball player than you are at this point, that they're going to be the second fiddle. The Laker fans can say "OMG yeah right selfish, 5 rings!" or that they don't want him all they want, but if this report is true Kobe messed up. Plain and simple.

meanwhile, he be rotting in Brooklyn while the Lakers continue to pile up championships

it's his choice of course

beliges
02-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Funny how gullible people are. This article is pure speculation with zero sources cited. And yet, people are out there actually thinking Kobe and Dwight were talking on their cell-phones one day and Kobe vindictively told Dwight he will not run LA until Kobe is gone. That sounds so dumb that its hilarious people are getting into heated arguments over it.

SportsFanatic10
02-06-2012, 02:31 AM
meanwhile, he be rotting in Brooklyn while the Lakers continue to pile up championships

it's his choice of course

lol it'll be awhile before the lakers win another title. i wouldn't be surprised if kobe tries to get out of there again soon.

tp13baby
02-06-2012, 02:33 AM
If Kobe's selfish,,, what does that make Melo?:confused:

Evolution23
02-06-2012, 06:03 AM
The only problem with Kobe is, his Ego is so ****ing big that he wants to be Batman instead of Robin. With Dwight on the Lakers he becomes the 2nd guy instead of the 1st option.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-06-2012, 06:17 AM
lol it'll be awhile before the lakers win another title. i wouldn't be surprised if kobe tries to get out of there again soon.

Let's just say that Kobe Bryant has a better chance of retiring in a Lakers uniform than Dwyane Wade or LeBron James or even Chris Bosh have of retiring in a Miami Heat uniform.

Cano-Montero...
02-06-2012, 07:54 AM

really?

Sssmush
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM

This story, or these stories, about Dwight not wanting to come to the Lakers are a joke.

These are all stories that are being floated out there, just based on rumors and "he said, she said" type bull****, just to try to shift the blame away from Laker management.

Laker management clearly hasn't pursued a DH12 deal, even though it was sitting right there in front of their faces wide open, so now DH12 is jilted and has changed his priorities, and longs for New Jersey, who is seriously hot to make a deal, any deal. Anybody with common sense knows why this happened. Kupchak wanted to make the deal, that is known.

So now where does this rumor (****ing twitters or something) come from, that, oh yeah, it was all Kobe's fault. Even the people passing this bull**** rumor or story around aren't saying anything about the fact that the Lakers refused to make any credible offers for DH12, and in fact haven't done so, because they chose Bynum over DH12.

which is fine. I'd say it's a bad decision but hey I don't own the Lakers. So, whatever. But then trying to turn around and say "Kobe did it" is just weak weak weak weak weak weak weak

Sssmush
02-06-2012, 08:52 AM
AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
Source close to Dwight Howard on why he's leaning away from the Los Angeles Lakers: "Kobe messed it up. That's all I can say for now."

newsflash: #alexkennedy has tweeted "all I can say for now is that Kobe messed it up."

"It" up. Kobe messed "it" up. As in what? as in, like, wtf are you talking about you stupid ****ing moron? As in, you are full of **it.

uhh, maybe Dwight was drinking beer and made a comment about Kobe. maybe that is the source of the bull****. Or maybe one of dwight's friends, or a friend of one of dwight's friends, had some thoughts on it, and mentioned something while smoking a blunt with #alexkennedy. That sure sounds like "source close to Dwight" and for sure.

anyway, #starting to #think that #dh12 is a #playedOutHo and ### don't ## #giveAf*** if he sign in #LA or not

Mave1002
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM

Nuff said.

I never really understood why some laker fans wanted D12. I mean, It wouldve been all right but it's not like we dont have the best frontline in the league.

Sssmush
02-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Nuff said.

I never really understood why some laker fans wanted D12. I mean, It wouldve been all right but it's not like we dont have the best frontline in the league.

Yeah, what the heck. DH12 is only the next Shaq in his prime, better and more athletic than Shaq, really.

what do we need another Shaq for!?! *sheesh* We already have a 24 year old Vlade Divac, who is starting to get in shape already this season. Heck, with Gasol and World Peace, we probably got the best frontline in the whole league.

heck, we probably got the best frontline in the history of the league. Bynum is so goddam awesome, just on potential alone I am already ranking Bynum ahead of DH12, Shaq, Robinson, Duncan, Wilt and Kareem.

Bynum has incredibly soft hands and a beautiful offensive touch. He has real post moves and plays back to the basket. and he is only 24 or 25. We can only imagine how good he'll be when he's 30.

Gram
02-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Lol wow.

MickeyMgl
02-06-2012, 06:18 PM
The only problem with Kobe is, his Ego is so ****ing big that he wants to be Batman instead of Robin. With Dwight on the Lakers he becomes the 2nd guy instead of the 1st option.

Dwight would and should be the 2nd option on a team with Kobe Bryant.

MickeyMgl
02-06-2012, 06:20 PM
This story, or these stories, about Dwight not wanting to come to the Lakers are a joke.

These are all stories that are being floated out there, just based on rumors and "he said, she said" type bull****, just to try to shift the blame away from Laker management.

Laker management clearly hasn't pursued a DH12 deal, even though it was sitting right there in front of their faces wide open, so now DH12 is jilted and has changed his priorities, and longs for New Jersey, who is seriously hot to make a deal, any deal. Anybody with common sense knows why this happened. Kupchak wanted to make the deal, that is known.

So now where does this rumor (****ing twitters or something) come from, that, oh yeah, it was all Kobe's fault. Even the people passing this bull**** rumor or story around aren't saying anything about the fact that the Lakers refused to make any credible offers for DH12, and in fact haven't done so, because they chose Bynum over DH12.

which is fine. I'd say it's a bad decision but hey I don't own the Lakers. So, whatever. But then trying to turn around and say "Kobe did it" is just weak weak weak weak weak weak weak

Echoes of 2007. I think that's what you're hinting at.

MickeyMgl
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah, what the heck. DH12 is only the next Shaq in his prime, better and more athletic than Shaq, really.

what do we need another Shaq for!?! *sheesh* We already have a 24 year old Vlade Divac, who is starting to get in shape already this season. Heck, with Gasol and World Peace, we probably got the best frontline in the whole league.

Spot-on comparison. I've made the same observation.

heck, we probably got the best frontline in the history of the league. Bynum is so goddam awesome, just on potential alone I am already ranking Bynum ahead of DH12, Shaq, Robinson, Duncan, Wilt and Kareem.

:up:

Lebron James, Chris Bosh, and a random player are a pretty good front court. Gasol, Gay, and Randolph, when healthy?

Sssmush
02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
well I guess the huge news story that Dwight didn't want to come to LA because of what Kobe said kind of farted itself out. Maybe nobody or no credible but anonymous sources who are in contact with dwight didn't get around to retweeting it or something, and so espn, hoopshype, SI and msnbc have to put that giant scoop on the backburner

Sssmush
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Spot-on comparison. I've made the same observation.

:up:

Lebron James, Chris Bosh, and a random player a pretty good front court. Gasol, Gay, and Randolph, when healthy?

yeah, I'm reasonably sure that any frontcourt starting Barnes or Artest version 2012 is not the best in league.

actually, it all hinges on Artest. If Artest gets into great shape and starts playing with crazed intensity and gets his groove back or whatever the **** it is, then ironically the LA frontcourt could be the best, as Artest becomes possibly the best player, and can D up Lebron or anybody else, can be a low post threat, and can make tons of shots from outside. So even though Bynum is just so so, and Pau not dominating currently, if Artest was in the zone then yeah, you got maybe 3 all stars up front.

but with Artest 2012 yeah no way