PDA

View Full Version : I want a Heat fans opinion

Philly 4 Life
02-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I have a question for you guys, you guys have the best team in the NBA so its only right to hear it from you. We have played you 7 times now from the playoffs on, and every game is honestly a great game, this year the games are awesome up until about 8 minutes left in 4th...so in your guys opinion what do you think of our team are we a legit team? Are we 1 piece away from being a title contender like you and chicago? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

justinnum1
02-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Philly has deffenitly improved since last season. It all comes down to matchups. I dont think low williams is very effective in the games we play you. He can get hot offensively but he is pretty bad defensively. The other thing is you guys play right into our game plan which is uptempo. You guys are one good piece away, maybe a dominant low post option.

Also, you guys were doubling bron to much.

young, and jrue for gasol(or something like that), then try and find a decent pg. maybe mo williams from LAC, that would improve your team.

You guys will be a second round team prob this season and if you face chicago in the 2nd round, who knows. But for some reason, miami def has philly's number.

kjoke
02-04-2012, 01:24 PM
A big piece away. It's a really sticky situation because what makes Philly a great is that they distribute the ball well and everyone plays a big part, but that can only go so far. I hope they do well because I like Collins and I like Jrue, but there has to be some changes to get over the hump

therealwd27
02-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I have a question for you guys, you guys have the best team in the NBA so its only right to hear it from you. We have played you 7 times now from the playoffs on, and every game is honestly a great game, this year the games are awesome up until about 8 minutes left in 4th...so in your guys opinion what do you think of our team are we a legit team? Are we 1 piece away from being a title contender like you and chicago? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

You are def a legit team..It all depends on matchups..But you guys can def knock some teams out of playoffs..Like the bulls..The bulls are too dependent on one player, they are a piece or two away from being a contender also. But Philly is weird, you guys have a great all around team..You play good defense and the offense is efficent..But you need one piece, they need a game changer..Not sure what player or whos up to trade there but they need a pure scorer. As long as Doug Collins is your coach you guys will be good, prepared and competitive but still need another player..Jrue is still young Lou Young Turner. So good core players..I think they should start Lou over Meeks because Lou can fill it up..Meeks can be there 6th man..Dont forget Hawes is out too and Battie cant do what Hawes can anymore

dimgim
02-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I think Philly is a great squad but as long as they look to Iggy to be the leader they won't make deep playoff runs. They need an alpha dog or someone to step up and be that guy...Thaddeus Young has the talent to be that guy I think. But yeah only Oklahoma City has more young talent through their top 12 than Philly they are set to be a factor for years to come.

BALLER71
02-04-2012, 08:38 PM
So much depth but Iguadola can't be the go to guy as others have mentioned.

Ethix11
02-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Should probably go after Kaman if available. Phillys definately one of the harder teams we've played this year. But they're bleeding for an all-star player and should sacrifice some pieces but keep their core as much as possible.

blade151
02-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Doug Collins...give the coach credit, he has their team believing.

King Koopa
02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Philly has deffenitly improved since last season. It all comes down to matchups. I dont think low williams is very effective in the games we play you. He can get hot offensively but he is pretty bad defensively. The other thing is you guys play right into our game plan which is uptempo. You guys are one good piece away, maybe a dominant low post option.

Also, you guys were doubling bron to much.

young, and jrue for gasol(or something like that), then try and find a decent pg. maybe mo williams from LAC, that would improve your team.

You guys will be a second round team prob this season and if you face chicago in the 2nd round, who knows. But for some reason, miami def has philly's number.

You're always the first or 2nd person to reply in every thread lol, do you ever get off of PSD?

willabeast77
02-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I assume the OP is a 76ers fan

Philly 4 Life
02-05-2012, 03:59 PM
I assume the OP is a 76ers fan

Yea i am, i just am curiouss, I am literally a die hard fan...and im excited for this group we have but its obvious that when we matchup with you guys that the star power just takes control in the 4th, Im not sure if we need a good big man who we can go to in the post or if we need a go to scorer

Ethix11
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Turner could become that scorer hopefully but the 6ers should pursue Howard. Killing two birds with one stone right there. What could the Magic want in return? Perhaps involving a third team?

Coqui77
02-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Brand and Young I think are your biggest problems, Young is just too inconsistent, he’ll have a super game and then stink up the next two…
And Brand, Thank God he took that Phillies money, because I know Pat went after him hard, he has been a big disappointment…
Iggy is one of my favorite players but he is more like a Marion type player, he is not a go to guy.
I’d say you guys a one great player and one good supporting player away…

Anyways the team does look good...

Blah Blah Blah
02-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm not a heat fan but figured i'll try to give some input. It's just matchup problems. Like the uptempo offensive style that philly plays, ends up playing right into miami's hands and there isn't much an opposing team can do when miami turns that into a fastbreak if philly misses the shot. Philly would match up better against a team like chicago than maimi because chicago doesn't try to run each and every time which allows philly's d to set up.

With that said, a team like nyk has a better shot at beating miami than chicago, again due to matchups. Melo seems to always do well against lebron, probably due to their friendship status and melo wanting to outdo lebron when they play each other, and having someone as athletic as amare poses some problems because miami doesn't have a quick athletic big man to stay with him. But of course this is assuming a healthy nyk team with some chemistry of course which will probably happen some point during the season.

I wouldn't say chicago is a piece or two away, which i saw someone comment on here. The one game chicago played miami, bulls are without deng/watson and hamilton's groin. With that the bulls lost another few playmakers and scorers as well as defenders. The bulls have all the pieces, they just need to get healthy and have only played 5 full games where everyone was healthy. Obviously miami is going to be the favorite but i wouldn't discount chicago that quick by saying they are some number of pieces away or anything. It'll be a fun series for sure though.

daleja424
02-07-2012, 02:03 PM
honest opinion:

The 76ers just aren't that good. They have played a really light schedule so far and their record reflects that.

They will probably be a 4-6 seed in the east this year...but it won't mean much b/c they have neither an elite defense nor an elite offense. Without that, and combined with the fact that they are young and inconsistant, they will not advance past the first two rounds of the playoffs.

The 76ers need an interior defensive presence and/or an elite scorer for crunch time (Louis Williams doesn't count even though he was fantastic last night).

Also, I expected Thaddeus and Jrue to get BETTER this year...and they have actually regressed... which doesn't help the cause much.

All and all they are just an average playoff team that is overachieving at the moment IMO...

beasted86
02-07-2012, 08:38 PM
I view the Sixers the same as the Hawks. A good team that will never get over the hump unless they trade for a true go to player.

Both teams are good defensively, and have some solid scorers, but neither have an actual go-to scorer that delivers consistently in the clutch or can put the team on his back.

Wagner14
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I feel like Philly is maybe two key signings away from being a top contender and one big signing away from being a contender in general. Also, the young sixers like Jrue need some post season experience as well but don't worry the Sixers are looking pretty promising for the years to come. Itsbjust up to the GM and coach to put things in place. Good luck! I've always liked Philly. I used to LOVE AI lol.

Wagner14
02-16-2012, 11:43 PM
I view the Sixers the same as the Hawks. A good team that will never get over the hump unless they trade for a true go to player.

Both teams are good defensively, and have some solid scorers, but neither have an actual go-to scorer that delivers consistently in the clutch or can put the team on his back.

Evan Turner could eventually become close to a go to guy. I mean the kid is really young and has some great potential. I could seeh being like a J Crawford who can hit some nasty shots when it's needed.

Wagner14
02-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Also, Andre I is starting to fade. The sixers could possibly make a big move in the up coming free agents of the next few years for a SF. That could make them a contender if they keep all of their key pieces as well.

Sick_Monkey1
02-17-2012, 07:07 PM
I hate Philly, but if the 76ers had just that 1 take over player like Paul and James, or a go to guy like Kobe. I would hate them even more, so all i think they need is that Draft miracle player, every one else is just the supporting role to that future star.